Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,101 through 4,150 (of 7,277 total)

• Morning Purple,
    We are visiting the local ‘shed’ soon as they have just moved to larger premises. I local sculptress has donated them a huge industrial building. I understand women are welcome and as a result romance has led to marriage. My friend volunteers there but she is mainly clearing up after the men and making sure the loo’s and kitchen are hygienic. She does it because she thought her own Dad would have loved to go to such a place. The ‘wood turned bowls’ they make to sell are gorgeous. The Gala raised 10,000 so they are all set for a while. They had a Charity Auction of Promises plus a Shedbola at ยฃ20 per ticket.(prize every ticket). I won some garden lights a two saucy knomes(which will be donated to another raffle). We bid for some cricket tickets and won ยฃ50 and we won a year’s pass to a local Nature Reserve. Quite an expensive evening. Everyone wore their ‘posh frocks’ and their was excellent live music. No much dancing though which was a shame, but room fully carpeted, not great for dancing.

We have a local Bunnings, they took over from Homebase. DIY is not as popular these days. Haven’t seen the ‘sausage sizzle’ advertised yet but it sounds like a good idea although not particularly healthy.

Off to a fun day at bowls today, I need to scratch up a costume of sorts, goodness knows what it will be?

No fasting this weekend but in control

Evening Jo
    Your fundraising did well. That should set them up well. Apparently, according to my sidekick, someone has started women’s centres where women can experience using tools around here.
    Noone said sausage sizzles are healthy! Just cultural. Probably the equivalent of your fish and chips ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
    It’s been raining and cold all day, but I’m busy doing last minute trip planning and will be swapping our shortest day of the year with your longest. Sorry, Barata ๐Ÿ˜
    Must go and make fish tacos for dinner…P

hello Jo,

you have shared the best thred i really love it…I will definatly follow the rules

Thanks for your new thread….I will definatly follow the new thread

No apologies, P. Enjoy your northern travels ๐Ÿ™‚ . We get some tropical warmth later in the year, when we visit Hawaii.

Welcome, ayurvedaindia. Prepared to be inspired and educated. What’s your history, and plan, for using 5:2?

Happy and Nama, I have lost Tessy. Are you still able to access her thread?

Barata I have the same problem with Tessy’s thread, it seems to have vanished.

Perhaps Tessy just needs a break from us all giving her advice….
    This thread appears to be going the same way (vanishing)….

Good Morning Girls/RT
    I read all messages from the group because it comes straight to my email box. Don’t you think I left the group. It’s just that for all of you writing comes easier to you than for me.
    I am not lighter! Matter of fact the first week of May, getting ready to come back north, I gained 5lbs in one week. This never happened before and never went back down.
    I just arrived late last night in Florida to deal with mold problems (long story), back home Friday.
    There’s no food here. Coffee was the only option and water.
    I don’t know why my will power is so week.
    Sending hugs and kisses to you all ๐ŸŒบ
    B

Hi HCB, I was wondering which “home” you were in at present. Good luck with the mould. With our very dry year, we are not experiencing any ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nama, I have noticed this thread always slows down during the UK summer…they are all off at the beach in their bikinis, soaking up the sun. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ฐ
    I’ve been checking their current temperatures, and have thrown an extra jumper and warm coat into my luggage. ๐Ÿ˜ P

Good Afternoon Fasters,
    Yes it,s a very busy time here so not much time to post. I canโ€™t say I have been on the beach once though. Weather has been a bit unpredictable, quite cool in fact. Definitely no bikini wearing here, scare off the tourists for sure.

I am either dancing, singing, bowling or playing Bridge most days. I have finally done some gardening which is a tick off my very long list of jobs to do. The weeds were triffids having had lots of rain. My front garden pots are all refilled and colourful so I will be spending more time outside soon although forecast not good for tomorrow. Off to London for a day with my son, Father,s Day celebration. Not sure what plans he has made but vegan food planned.

My early morning wake up call of a helicopter arriving turned out to be an attempted suicide off the cliff. We thought it was just a malfunction with the chopper but apparently that happed as a result of the landing which forced a
    Two nearby benches to be thrown against a railing, parts of it hit the tail of the chopper. The suicide victim is very seriously injured after his 60 ft fall and now in a London Hospital, he had to be transferred by ambulance due to damage to chopper.

Just bought some new dance shoes, glittery, I just hope they are comfy!

Be good everyone and keep healthy!

Hi Fast Trackers And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I have been snooping around the 5-2 fast diet site and in particular the Science of Intermittent fasting 5-2 and the Longevity Diet site and I scalped this from there Simcoeluv good work mate. The videos are well worth a look too. I have just completed a 5 day water fast Sat-Wed this week I feel good and empowered Hi HCB yes still the only male contributor never mind We all will have to carry on gee whizz My crows have been unable to recapture their 2017 GF season and are under the pump to make the 8 this year ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Nama you would be smiling Crickey the โ€˜yankโ€™ is having a picnic up front with 5 goals on Monday and the team has improved significantly sitting in sixth..Enjoy the information overload dear reader. ๐Ÿ’ก

simcoeluv
    10:02 pm
    9 Feb 18
    Hi:
    Here is some basic information on the Longevity Diet.
    The overall diet has several components. Two of the basic ones are what foods to eat, and periodic fasting. The basic foods to eat are 60% carbs, mostly from plants, 30% fats, from olive oil, nuts, etc. and 10% protein from plants and fish/seafood. Meats with their fats and sugar and processed carbs are not allowed.
    The fasting is a five day fast. The number of times you do five day fasts on the diet depends on your physical condition. If you are totally healthy, you do two five day fasts a year. If you are suffering from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, MS, RA etc., or you are prone to get some of these diseases you may have to do monthly five day fasts. Clinical studies on MS may be structured as seven day fasts every two months.
    Longo talks about a โ€˜fasting mimicking dietโ€™ (FMD) when talking about fasts. He found that patients and their doctors did not want to do water fasts, so he couldnโ€™t find enough subjects to conduct human clinical trials. So he and his labs came up with a diet that mimics fasting, but allows people to eat. Since then, several human clinical studies have been started (some completed already). But because the FMD mimics fasting, doing a water fast yields the same results without having to either try to create the diet or purchase the diet. A โ€˜home madeโ€™ version of the diet may or may not lead to the desired results, depending on how well it is made.
    For those just finding this new thread, there are a couple of videos that are informative.
    This one outlines the rejuvenation and regeneration aspects of the diet. It is about 18 minutes and highlights an extremely interesting impact the diet has on the body: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Tedxtalk+valter+longo&view=detail&mid=EB50A882798904571C8FEB50A882798904571C8F&FORM=VIRE
    While the book was just published in English, it has been out in Italian for about a year, and was obviously written before being published. So information in the book is a couple of years old. This video is an interview conducted in early January of 2018 and is about an hour long. It has some more up to date information on the diet in general and the human clinical trials on cancer, and covers Dr. Longoโ€™s opinions on time restricted eating (like 16:8 or 23:1 or whatever) and skipping breakfast: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+dr+longo&view=detail&mid=6D8F7CB8DEE99AFB8F436D8F7CB8DEE99AFB8F43&FORM=VIRE
    If you are really interested, this is a doctor interviewing Dr. Longo and this one covers MS in addition to cancer and other diseases. Conducted in 2016, it is pretty detailed, but informative if you want to sit through it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PyyatqJSE
    The diet is not a weight loss diet, and can be followed while doing 5:2. They really can be complementary. I hope this provides at least some basic information on the diet. I highly recommend that you either purchase the book, borrow it from someone that has it, or get it from your local library. The science in it is ground breaking.
    Keep on Keeping On
    RT

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰

The General Manager of a golf course was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for

some mathematical help.
    He called her into his office and said, ‘You graduated from University and I need some help.

If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?’

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, ‘Everything but my earrings.’
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

Thanks RT! Have a good one yourself…weekend that is ๐Ÿ˜€

Barata and Nama, yes, Tessyโ€™s thread appears to have been removed. Tessy has taken breaks from posting previously without the need to delete the whole thread. Thread deletion seems a bit more final….

No fasting for me. Itโ€™s been a busy few weeks, and set to continue the same for the next few weeks. I donโ€™t get time to sit down, let alone eat! Also OH has decided to try a ketogenic diet for a few weeks, which I suspect has reduced my already low intake of refined/ processed carbs. And I canโ€™t use him as an excuse to sneak in some dirty โ€˜treatsโ€™ at the weekend โ˜น๏ธ The upshot is that I am currently running light, and beginning to think I need to eat more food! Thatโ€™s a first in my nearly 50 years!

Re: the weather P. Definitely not at the beach in a bikini! But we have had a sustained period of summer this year, and weโ€™ve actually been pleased to have overcast days to keep the temperature down a bit ๐Ÿ˜€

We don’t want sunburnt Brits, do we? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Don’t fade away completely Happy. It IS funny how fine the lines are between too hot/ too cold or too heavy/too light! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™„P

Happy, the thread removal must have been driven by Tessy, which troubles me very much.

I wish I had your problem. I am losing enthusiasm for the increased effort required to maintain, in spite of much lower carbs, minimal snacking etc.

She’s obviously not the accounts person in the office, RT ๐Ÿ™‚

What a quiet group! I hope all is well with you, dear Fasters. All on summer holiday, or hunkered down for the winter solstice?

I have added up our dining out for the month, and come to five for the evening, together with two lunches out. It will keep me on my toes to manage the weight, so two boiled eggs for lunch today, pulled pork and salad to finish the day.

Travel safely, P, and enjoy the northern warmth ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks B. Sitting by a pool in Asia, soaking up the heat ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I’m not going to count “meals out”, just stick to 2 a day and reduced carbs.
    Keep warm. P

Hi Barata and Purple,
    Very busy here, no sitting by the pool for me though it sounds heavenly.
    Still Bowling most days hoping to get to a County Final in July.
    Not doing great on the Fasting front but controlling carbs and sugar.
    Not sure where Amazon is but it is tennis season so probably watching that on TV.
    Andy plays today after 11 month rehabilitation, sad to miss it but I will catch it later in the high lights.
    Keep Fasting

Jo, this is your summer! Pool sitting / swimming should certainly be on the agenda.

Yes, I figured tennis might be somewhere in Amazon’s life at the moment. Don’t overdo anything, and good work on the carbs.

Synthesis some vitamin D for me, folks ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Barata and Purple,
    Well Summer here has so far been a bit of a let down, very overcast mostly, but warm enough.

I went to Borough Green Food market last Saturday, huge space with every sort of Street Food and delicacy you could imagine. Vegans welcome too. It was an experience.

Off to visit Men,s Shed later, should be an experience!

Feeling really tired today, an early night is called for but it,s Bridge tonight so I canโ€™t let my partner down(mind you he is used to it with me card playing) Ha Ha!

Enjoying planning my trip next year to Oz and NZ, hopefully catch up with some fasters.

Hi Girls/RT

My flight that was supposed to be back Friday was canceled so I arrived yesterday. I didn’t get why was cancelled. The airlines companies are in the business of making money and they what’s go for them.

Loosing weight is something strange! I told you that I gain 5 lbs in one week and never went back. In Florida I had no food in the house. My supermercado trip was eggs, cottage cheese, blueberries, shrimp, arugula.
    I would have one main meal at night with “very” low amount of carbs whatever that means. I would add some chickpeas, barley or even a nice pesto/chicken/quinoa bowl from a bear by restaurant. I never had bread or breakfast.
    I lost 4 lbs ๐Ÿ˜ฑ! What happened? I had wine, I went out, never when to the gym … I am with you Barata. I’ll keep a close watch on this carb business.
    My doctor there lost 30 pounds on Artkins. E told me a glass of white wine has 40gr of carbs. Is that true? ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Enjoy you vacation in Asia Purple, I had never been that far yet.
    Have a fantastic day everyone.
    It’s hotter here in the northeast USA than Florida. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year.
    ๐ŸŒบ

Asia is just up the road from us HCB.
    Jo, I guess I’d better have a cardigan for when I land in London? It’s always hard to predict UK weather! P

A fleece and brolly might be useful if you are planning a trip here. Another very dull day! At least it was cooler on the green today.

Our Menโ€™s Shed was amazing, my husband has signed up. Might get some jobs done at home now, hoorah!

Certainly a cold snap here in South Australia -2 low high of 10 today we have a wood fire and we source the wood from the family farm and have no issues keeping warm ๐Ÿ˜‰ we are not shy in using the wood either trust me I certainly wouldn’t like to have to buy it however.
    Continuing on with the ADF protocol at the minute but having an afternoon walk instead of at sparrows in the morning simply too fresh we have had little “oollie” the family pooch clipper ed so he is wearing a coat and currently has his bed very close indeed to the hath of the fire not much other news so keep on keeping on.
    Peace RT

Don’t you believe it, HCB!

“Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from grapes fermented without the addition of sugars, acids, enzymes, water, or other nutrients. Yeast consumes the sugar in the grapes and converts it to ethanol and carbon dioxide. Wikipedia
    Nutrition Facts
    Wine
    Amount Per 100 grams
    Calories 83
    Total Fat 0 g
    Saturated fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 5 mg
    Potassium 99 mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
    Dietary fiber 0 g
    Sugar 0.8 g”

Hi,

Hope everyone is well.

Purple,

As you know, Jo lives on the East coast which isn’t the warmest of places what with sea breezes etc but London is usually several degrees warmer and certainly less windy!

The weather in London has been very good 90% of the time these past few weeks and it is set to continue for the next couple at least. Average daytime temperatures in London are 23C and have been between 19 and 27 so even for a skinny Australian ๐Ÿ˜‰ I would think a fleece is over egging the pudding even on a FD. As for a brolly, I’ve had to get the hosepipe out to water my parched garden as the few showers we’ve seen have lasted no more than a few minutes.
    It was hot and humid yesterday and I found it hard to sleep last night. It is 24C at the moment.

HCBs doctor must own some very large wine glasses…โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Hi Amazon
    We waved to Jo as we flew in over her way yesterday.
    It might be midsummer, in Old Blighty, but I did need a light jumper on over my tee shirt as we walked around looking for free WiFi last night!
    More travel today. You may not have had rain, despite the cloud cover, but everything still looks that soft English green. We are enjoying the World Cup fever everywhere we go. It certainly unites people.
    No full Thursday fast today, just let our time confused bodies suggest eating times.
    Cheers FTs, whenever you are. P

Well I’m ‘up north’ and even I can’t endorse Jo’s fleece and brolly recommendation. We’ve had a depressingly miniscule amount of rain this summer. And, except for a dip in temperature the last few days when a light fleece has been necessary, we’ve had wall to wall sunshine and temps at 20+ since mid May. It’s due to build again over the next few days. All in all P, I’d say you couldn’t have picked a better summer to visit the UK!

I’m still really busy, 6.30 to 22.30, fall into bed, repeat. And although I haven’t been fasting as such I did miss an evening meal last night as I wasn’t hungry at 10 by the time I’d finished all my chores. If only weight maintenance was always so easy…!

Well, we went out to check out some scenery and get a long walk in this morning. Nearly froze…and after over an hour out in the wind, we returned to our apartment to put on a couple of extra layers. Feels like Sydney mud winter, not the Summer Solstice ๐Ÿ˜” P
    Even the lady on tv reporting on Ascot was complaining about the wind. P

Yes, itโ€™s a distinctly cool wind at the moment, but โ€˜nearly frozeโ€™….?!

Iโ€™m afraid itโ€™s quite unreasonable of you to complain about our summer weather! I donโ€™t think anyone in the history of the world will ever have said โ€˜oh I know, letโ€™s escape the Australian winter and go in search of the sun. I know just the place, letโ€™s go to the UK!โ€™ ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜€
    Just saying, Happy. I have been here often before. The wind IS cold, for summer. The sun is nice, if you can find a sheltered spot.
    Anyway, the shops are full of swimwear, but not wetsuits. ๐Ÿ˜Œ
    Found a top cafe with fabulous homemade baked porridge with raspberries, rhubarb and cashews to warm up. Fantastic! P

Morning all,

Temperatures going up to 28-29C next week and no hint of rain ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž
    I was grateful for the cooling breeze as it made sleeping much easier last night.

Happy,

You made me laugh (something I’ve not done much of lately…. โ˜น ) with your “I donโ€™t think anyone in the history of the world will ever have said โ€˜oh I know, letโ€™s escape the Australian winter and go in search of the sun. I know just the place, letโ€™s go to the UK!” ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Purple,

Us hardy Brits are used to cracking the ice on the sea before we swim so we don’t need a wetsuit ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

It’s like that in Tamania and southern WA!
    Most Aussies DO plan their UK trips in your summer, in order to escape both winters ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P, if you want to visit the UK then planning a trip to avoid our winter is entirely sensible. But you donโ€™t head to the UK during our summer months secure in the knowledge that youโ€™ll be guaranteed Mediterranean conditions…. youโ€™ll be guaranteed long days but thatโ€™s all you can rely on!

Sorry to hear your life is a mirth-free zone lately Amazon. Good to hear from you though.

Afternoon,
    Sorry to report but my team were knocked out of the Bowls County Semi Finals yesterday in a โ€˜nail bitingโ€™ last end, lost by one point taken by an 80 year old opposing team captain. Ah well, next year!

I started a course of Croquet yesterday, 2 hours in hot conditions. We laughed so much it was a great experience. Those damn hoops are so small, Competition size, you can only just fit the ball through the gap. Tough game, one lost against my hubby who seems to be a natural and on win against a lady who admitted to be wearing the wrong classes. Ha Ha!

The sun is shining here today which is great, sun has been hidden under cloud cover in this part for most of the summer plus a very cool breeze. My Australian friends who live here now still rarely go out with a cardigan or fleece. I agree the rain has been in short spurts and I have emptied my water butts on my garden in the last week.

Amazon – Sorry to hear that you are a bit low, how about trying something new too!

Still living on Vegan food but not losing weight. Getting terrible ice cream or hot toast cravings. Will they ever go away?

Enjoy you trip Purple! Anything special planned?

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    This is a repeat but too good not to share again..
    Itโ€™s a sunny morning in the Big Forest and the Bear family is just waking up. Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table. He looks into his small bowl. It is empty! “Who’s been eating my porridge?” he squeaks. Father Bear arrives at the table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl. It is also empty! “Who’s been eating my porridge?” he roars. Mother Bear sticks her head out the kitchen door and yells, “For Pete’s sake, how many times do we have to go through this? It was Mother Bear who go up first. It was Mother Bear who woke everybody else in the house up. It was Mother Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night and put everything away. It was Mother Bear who went out into the cold early morning air to fetch the newspaper. It was Mother Bear who set the table. It was Mother Bear who put the cat out, cleaned the litter box and filled the cat’s water and food dish. And now that you’ve decided to come down stairs and grace me with your presence, listen good because I’m only going to say this one more time: I haven’t made the f*cking porridge yet!”
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

Absolutely brilliant, RT ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ , although, why are you up? It’s 4:00am at you place!
    Have a great weekend. I’m enjoying lovely Cornwall and Poldark country. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Purple,
    How lovely – Cornwall is one of my favourite Holiday spots.

RT- great joke, know that feeling so well.

Really enjoyed Rock Choir today, we are sing โ€˜Humansโ€™, preparing for a concert very soon. We are not using words at all now just learning by rote. Strangely it actually means we learn the songs quicker.

3rd Line Dancing Class today, it went well but we are getting more difficult steps. I am sure learning steps is great for my memory too.

We are having a power cut at the moment so I thought it would be a good chance to catch up. Thank goodness for batteries. I am sure it wonโ€™t last long.

Fast day tomorrow and Saturday. Keep Fasting!

I think those bear boys need to learn to make their own breakfasts – I hear eggs and bacon are good ๐Ÿ™‚

If you look at the latitude of England compared to the southern ocean, it’s no surprise the temperature is not Mediterranean. You just need to hope the Gulf Stream keeps bringing that temperate climate Europe-wards! Another reason to avoid heating the planet, I gather.

It was the shortest day yesterday, and already the daylight hours are getting appreciably longer (I wish!). Glorious still day, temperature might have got into double figures.

You won’t have been able to miss the news that our First Baby was born yesterday. All going well with the new whanau, I gather. Good luck to them ๐Ÿ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Another glorious morning with clear blue sky, sunshine and a gentle breeze.

I’ve been out in the garden doing some tidying up. My little patio has pots containing fuchsias, geraniums, busy lizzies and petunias and is a riot of colour as are the flower beds. I have a blue salvia that is covered in bees as is the mauve Hebe, something that always makes me happy.
    I’ve moved the pots and tubs around and upset an army of bugs living underneath them ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m feeling much better this week and today is FD no 3 so I should see a result on the scales very soon, which is always good news.

Apart from London, Cornwall is my favourite place in the UK and I know that Purple will be having a great time. When the weather is good a Cornish beach is the most beautiful place in the world and when it isn’t so good Cornwall is still a very special place to be. There is so much beautiful scenery both coastal and inland, town and countryside, numerous houses, gardens, galleries etc to explore and they cater well for visitors. The food I had when I was there 2 years ago was fabulous, lots of fresh fish and seafood, cooked simply and well, cream teas (I LOVE clotted cream) and numerous other delights such as the Cornish pasty and locally farmed meat, veg etc.
    The thought of sitting in a beachside cafรฉ with a cold glass of something is making me want to leap into the car and drive in a south westerly direction ๐Ÿ˜†

I used to love eggs and bacon but although I eat a lot of eggs and love the occasional bacon sarnie, I no longer enjoy them on the same plate.

Have a great weekend everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ๐ŸŒž

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, Amazon. We were suspecting tennis-itus, but obviously that wasn’t the diagnosis. And very pleased you are enjoying our native hebe, which has become, like the cabbage tree and flax, embraced world-wide. Must disagree about the most beautiful place in the world, though. We are blessed to be surrounded by them in many locations in our corner. Fresh seafood yes, but clotted cream I have only experienced the once, in Glastonbury.

Bacon, eggs and mushrooms for Saturday brunch – yum! ๐Ÿ™‚

Well each to their own, but my preference is for the UK coastline too ๐Ÿ˜€

And Iโ€™m not sure what flax youโ€™re referring to Barata, but Iโ€™m not sure that New Zealand can claim monopoly on that…..

New Zealand flax is a separate species from that which has been widely grown around the world for centuries.

I didn’t say Cornwall was the most beautiful place in the world, I am well travelled and fully aware how beautiful this planet is. I was talking about my love for Cornish beaches ๐Ÿ™‚
    It is not just about the view but about the way it makes me feel including the fact that I can visit such a wonderful place without leaving home shores.

I’m with you Amazon. This amazing planet has such incredible beauty everywhere you go. We really need to treasure it.
    I’m a big fan of Cornwall too, with forebears from here and the familiar scenery of our own coast, overlaid by some different cultural experiences. Not good for fasters to eat cream teas with clotted cream, Cornish pasties and Eccles buns, but one HAS to immerse oneself when travelling. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Hello All,
    I havenโ€™t travelled much by comparison but I appreciate coastal areas of New Zealand as much as the UK coast. Home will always be special. Can,t complain about my own coastal area at the moment, sun shining and slight breeze.

Just watched the Djokovic v Mannorino tennis match, Novac is in fine form. 800th win.

Itโ€™s difficult decision trying local foods when they are very calorific. Itโ€™s probably OK if you are at goal but not so great if you are still trying to lose weight.

The most colour in my garden at the moment are carnations and marigolds.

Enjoy summer fellow UKโ€™ers and visitors alike. Looking forward to some garden time tomorrow as not selected for bowls.

Trying local delicacies which are calorific isn’t difficult, it’s eating them instead of a meal and in small amounts that is the hard part!
    There is no way I would enjoy travel half as much as I do if I didn’t indulge in the local cuisine. What the locals eat says so much about their history, culture and lifestyle and they cook familiar food much better than that found on “tourist menu”

When my family lived in Cornwall and we went out we would have a cream tea for lunch so we got our treat but didn’t overdo it on a grand scale. And nothing beats clotted cream ๐Ÿ˜€

The last time I was in Cornwall we ate out twice a day and I didn’t gain weight. We had all manner of calorific lunches such as cream teas, pasties, enormous crab sarnies served with salad and crisps washed down with local ale. We ate a good dinner every night including a G&T and some wine and on a couple of occasions we had dessert.

I had a crab and lettuce sandwich (with a little bowl of crisps on the side..very odd!) washed down with white wine for brunch today!
    I agree…it has to be a meal OR a local delicacy, not both ๐Ÿ˜‰

Our posts must have crossed Purple. We discovered the crisps and/or some salad are often served with a sarnie in Cornwall.
    I love crisps but rarely eat them at home so it was a nice treat.

I ate them too. I felt obliged. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Morning All,
    My daughter has a vile stomach bug that has been going through her class at school and I am convinced I am having sympathy pains. Ridiculous as I am on the other side of the world. This is one bond I could do without. Feeling very rough.I have a 3 hour choir rehearsal and a long drive either side so this does not bode well. On the plus side I definitely donโ€™t want to eat.

Great weather here at last, shame to be indoors today.

Keep healthy and happy everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,101 through 4,150 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.