Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,201 through 3,250 (of 7,277 total)

• If I’m going to be staying in a holiday home I always take a kitchen knife and my left handed veg peeler.
    Nothing worse than blunt knives.

Dinner was really good so that’s 2 more dishes that are likely to be making a regular appearance on my plate πŸ™‚

Thnaks, P. Not sure when next time will be, son and DIL are trying for tickets to the Rugby WC in Japan in September next year and we have offered to baby-sit for them then.

Absolutely Amazon. A bit hard to take a knife in the plane though. 😊 I bought new knives for our holiday rental and promptly sliced a piece off my thumb!!
    We have been lucky with cooking utensils these holidays though. I also take plastic containers to store salad makings and having picnics. It’s staggering how many different ways the same salad basics can be represented for different meals (just add corn/pomegranate /pineapple /cheese…whatever 😁) P

Ahh….great relief this morning after the heat yesterday, enjoy your turn today Purple.
    Reflecting on how my ‘away from home’ necessities have evolved as I have gotten older – years ago it was essential to remember the hairdryer, then in my 40’s the perfect pillow was added and nowadays I am with Amazon and Purple, have to have a good knife or two plus plastic containers for salads and picnics! The focus has moved from appearance to comfort to stomach!

Far more rational prorities Nama😊 Thanks for the heatwave. P

Happy I’m just curious to find out for myself how long I could go personally and since my Father died I have been a little loose with the choices I have made in the 3 months leading into Christmas and New Year and the beer consumption so my weight creep while not outrageous over time is going up not holding I did add 5kg over 90 days so 2018 was the perfect opportunity to reset while still on leave I return to work tomorrow. In relation to hunger I have a good handle on that it’s the social component connected to being the Father of 5 boys my work and my friends all have a very good social vibe as far as BBQ events birthdays graduations anniversaries celebrations or when invited out for dinner for a job well done when the eldest son and future DIL take us out as thanks for looking after their small human so the end will come before I have to, for many other reasons I hope that makes some sense πŸ’‘ Nama Aliya will be 2 in March yeah I know πŸ’‘ we have her 2x a week both sleep overs Yfee really has a close connection with her what a princess and drama queen she is πŸ˜† and knows already what buttons to push πŸ˜‰ our eldest son is building their forever house on 2.5acres..They have had the block for 5 years and paid it off they sold her house to get the build going and will sell his house after they move into the new place in June. These Millennials are working well. Amazon guacamole on sourdough toast topped with a poached duck egg that is a beautiful combination well played you. The cool change arrived here around 6pm last night quite dull cool and overcast here today so P and Nama not long for you guys now.
    Happy Sunday People
    Peace RT.

Morning/evening all,

Cold here this morning. Maybe you guys in the SH could send 10 degrees of your heat over here to even things out bit πŸ˜‰

RT, I have always liked avocado but it was rarely on my shopping list as over here they were generally as hard as bullets,difficult to ripen and they often went from bullet straight to black and into the bin! Now we have ripe and ready to eat and some that are not quite ready on sale so I get to eat them at their best.

My goddaughter cooked brunch for the first time for me and her parents back in the summer when I was visiting and made the avo, toast and egg combo with the smallest grating of cheese on top and it has become a weekend brunch treat for me, but I make guacamole with lots of garlic and chilli rather than merely mashing πŸ˜‰

I’m giving the last slices of Christmas sourdough a proper sendoff today by toasting them and slathering with Vegemite πŸ™‚

Have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon,

An extra 10 degrees would only get us to +6 this morning. Can I put in an order for 15 please?

I treated myself to a proper sourdough loaf recently. Scrambled egg and smoked salmon for brunch. AJ onion soup with rarebit sourdough for tea. Fasting must wait for a slightly warmer day!

RT,

Thanks for expanding on the long fast. I need to stop pfaffing and get on with taking my health more seriously.

I could have sent you 20 deg today Amazon, and I still would have been warm. 41C at lunchtime today. Thanks for sending the cool change through for dinnertime RT! It was a much needed relief.
    Iced tea, salad and frozen riesling with unsweetened apple juice were our saviours today. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™P

Happy,

It’s 5C here but the wind chill makes it feel much colder. It is always at this time of year and especially when I read comments regarding local weather conditions elsewhere in the UK that I am happiest living in this part of the country.

There’s little point in fasting in such conditions unless you suffer from masochistic tendencies.

Soup is rarely at the top of my list of what to eat but I could be persuaded if sourdough rarebit is served alongside πŸ™‚

More curry for me tonight.

I find my most successful FDs are when I’m busy and warm so the plan for this week is to go to the gym on FDs. I’m also planning to make the most of my membership by using more of the facilities so it’s time to get back into the pool and if it is too crowded, the jacuzzi and/or the sauna.

Good Morning,
    How is everyone doing around the world! I read the messages from the group everyday … Everyone is well.

We left Connecticut on Tuesday morning. As usual traffic around NYC is unavoidable unless we leave in the middle of the night….also around Washington DC always a problem there.
    Long story short we were in the middle of that ice storm that started northern Florida and traveled along the East coast toward north. We were only 20 miles away from our hotel at the border of South Carolina and Georgia when numerous accidents were happening, heavy traffic with huge trucks all over. The police decided to close the bridges because of icy conditions. We were stranded in traffic for 12 hours. Then we decided to stop on a little town and take a nap. That was around 3am. People were all over the place looking for gasoline, food, toilets and hotels…everything was closed.
    Anyway we made it to the hotel Thursday at 8am hungry and super tired. Slept and back to the road and arrived home exhausted at 9:30 pm and grateful to be alive.

The weather here in Sothwestern Florida is in the mid 40’s which is very cold. The upcoming week it will get warm into the mid 70’s.

I am joining you back to Fasting tomorrow. Later on I’ll go look for miso soup, that helps me a lot when I am fasting. There’s much need of a hormonal reset here. walking is on my list only as a form of exercise for now.

Stay well Fasters πŸ‘πŸΌ

HCB,

That sounds horrendous and scary! To quote Bilbo, it’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. Glad to hear you made it home safe!

Amazon,

Perhaps it was the rarebit which sold the soup to me 😊 Although I have to say soup makes a good lunch on a cold day.

Hi HCB,

Glad to here you are home safe and sound πŸ™‚

Happy,

I used to make soup but too often would get carried away and chuck too many ingredients in and spoil it.

There are lots of interesting recipes in my new cookery books that I’m keen to try.

Oh HCB! How dreadful. I’m glad you’re home and safe now. Bilbo says it all πŸ˜‰

My first fast day since pre Christmas today. I won’t be cold, Amazon, so all I have to do is get busy….a mountain of ironing awaits πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘
    Fast on. P

Glad you are home safely, HCB. That was a horrible experience. We were caught by a winter Atlantic storm driving from Florida to PA many years ago, and my co-driver was my newly-licenced 16-year-old. We decided to carry on, got home in the early hours, safely πŸ™‚

First FD of the New Year here, too, P. But OH declines to fast at home, only when working, so I don’t know how his retirement, when it comes, will work out. There was no benefit from my choosing the salads while we were away, we are both up a kg or so. Lovely mid-twenties (Celsius) summer day here – we fortunately were still in Sydney when Saturday’s storm hit Wellington.

Home to discover the downstairs freezer was turned off for a week before step grandson discovered it. I am blaming son (now in Arizona) as he was using the power points before his departure. So I think it might be prudent to toss the meat, and make an insurance claim. SGS says everything was thawed by the time he found it. πŸ™

What a pain BπŸ˜‘ Throw the lot (after you photograph it) Really not worth the risk to eat it.
    It’s a bit cooler here today, (only in the 30s) so bearable. I don’t cope well with the excessive heat as we don’t want to have aircon and our trees create too much shade for full solar power. One has to suffer to save the world πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Housework done. Too hot to walk outside. Hmmm…roll on fast day πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘ P

I really think that’s the best thing to do, P. The freezer is on it’s last legs, but is doing the job until the kitchen is re-done later this month, and the new fridge-freezer arrives!

So nice! The eldest grandson (20) has come by train to spend time with the little grandson (L) from Sydney on his one day off work. They are off down the street (and although it’s not Sydney temperature, it is very pleasant) to play PokΓ©mon Go. L goes to uncle and aunt tomorrow for his other-family visit.

I am impressed – my garden is already looking tidier thanks to my afternoon efforts. Helps a FD to be busy, I know, it’s almost a mantra for us wonderful fasters πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Iced water on hand!

Morning All,
    Glad you are safely home HCB, what a nightmare journey!
    Glad everyone else has started NY in good spirits.

Well the festive partying is almost over apart from Burn Night Dance to come at the end of Jan. We entertained yesterday but we had a small incident with the buffet. The dogs sneaked into the dining room whilst we were serving procecco to guests on arrival. The dogs ate all the meat dishes. This consisted of pork pies and sausage roll plus sliced meat, which my husband had bought. I had prepared vegetable dips with cruditΓ©s and vegetarian sandwiches. Needless to say the dogs were locked upstairs for the next 2 hours while we enjoyed a meat free lunch. Strangely they didn’t eat the freshly cooked salmon I had put on black pepper crackers. I had added cling film so maybe they didn’t smell it. I was very happyπŸ˜„.
    Barata- sorry about the freezer disaster, had that T Shirt, definitely don’t risk cooking any.
    I only have a tiny freezer for ice cubes, batch cooked veg dishes and soup these days, don’t miss big freezer, prefer fresh cooked food.

Fasting today, it’s my first Mad Monday. Hubby and I planned β€˜not to plan anything on Mondays’ in future. Objective R & R. So I am still in bed. I will be fasting today though post yesterday’s party.

Have a good week everyone!
    RT -Are you still Fasting? How is it going?
    Happy – I long to say ’I don’t need to lose any more weight’ you are an inspiration!

Hi everyone,

It’s a cold, dull, windy winters day here.

FD going well so far.

Once again I’m waiting for a parcel to be delivered. It is supposedly out for delivery but I’m not holding my breath……………………..

Hello
    Snap! I have been waiting three days for current parcel. They keep promising that it is in a van but yet to arrive. Luckily we are taking turns to wait. Hopefully it will arrive before Friday when my daughter leaves for London, if not it will be returned untried. I bought her some clothes on line from Joe Brown’s, it a designer she loves and we found some nice stuff in their sale.

Freezing dog walk today, so we did not venture out again. One of my daughter’s friends turned up so we have been doing some ‘left over food’ entertaining. I avoided it and di some sewing but joined them for a fun card game.

My hubby is taking his first dance lesson today, hope his knee problem doesn’t impede his movements.

We are planning a little table tennis later then playing a new game we got for christmas. Very restful day on the whole, fast going well. Lots of green tea keeping me strong.

Hi Fasters,

Yes, Amazon, the weather in Milton Keynes is a bit like in London.
    Sounds not too good where you are, Jojo, as well.
    We play table tennis everyday when we are home in France.

We fly to Australia tomorrow and I imagine we will be dazzled by the sun at first.
    I am on 400 cal today and tomorrow, and then water only until Thursday morning in Perth.
    Airline food is best avoided anyway.
    Happy Fasting,
    xx Wiwi

Good Morning,
    I am keeping and eye on my scale and I lost 3 lbs. Since we’ve arrived here I am walking 3 mikes a day on top of house chores, drinking more water and writing everything down. I believe I lost retained water. I arrived this time with swollen feet. It’s a first… it never happened before.

Jo your dogs are very lucky! Salivating over their feast 🀣🀣🀣
    RT – anxious to hear his report.
    See you later πŸ‘

Hi Wiwi,
    The grass doesn’t grow under your feet does it. You must have lots of frequent flyer miles. I agree that airplane food is not worth the calories but don’t get caught with an apple again, big fine. Lucky you getting away from these damn winds. I am losing a lot of sleep. Cold but calm this morning, hopefully the winds will be less of an issue tonight. My porch door got broken last night and now has to be jammed shut with a broom.
    HCB – my husband is still sulking about the dogs eating his pork pies, ha ha!
    Just had a tin of chopped tomatoes and some carrots for dinner, not exciting but hot and filling.
    I have just booked tickets to see the Chinese Dance Show Shen Yun, looks amazing! Anyone seen it?

The dance lesson went well, we did the Foxtrot. Now watching Gallipoli on TV.

Have a good trip Wi. Apples are usually available on long haul flights Jo.

We knew it was hot here on Sunday, according to the news Sydney was the hottest city on the planet! We don’t need records like this. 😣

We were woken at 4:30am (2nd day in a row) by a massive thunderstorm, this time with torrential rain. That meant tearing around the house to close it all up after leaving it open to cool off last night. I was very relieved to realise it wasn’t a fast day today again. I hate waking too early when fasting. πŸ˜‘

Yesterday’s fast was easy. Back into the old normal.

Jo, we had the same disaster with a bbq many years ago. Our very large dog quietly opened a sliding door,and stole the meat from the kitchen benchtop. We couldn’t work out where the meat was when we came to cook it! Then someone noticed him, outside, chomping down the very expensive steak. P

Morning/evening all.

Purple,

I’ve turned on the TV to discover the rain has stopped play at Sydney tennis so I hope it has cooled down nicely for you.

The first time I visited Australia, I went to bed for an hour in the afternoon on the day I arrived and was woken up by an incredibly loud hammering. It was torrential rain landing on the tin roof πŸ˜†

Another FD for me. I have a pair of summer trousers hanging up in plain sight to remind me I need to stick to the plan.
    My new scales finally arrived yesterday afternoon and I’m looking forward to weighing in at the weekend.

Yes Amazon the rain has cooled us down a fair bit 😊 The England Cricket team didn’t stand a chance in the heat at the SCG the other day 😊😊
    I can’t believe you haven’t stepped on your new scales yet? Expect a difference, but don’t be disappointed. It is maintaining or losing that is important, not if the new ones weigh differently. Keep those summer trousers in sight. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    We had another big storm tonight that caused havoc with the peak hour train services. Fingers crossed it doesn’t rain again during the night as I need the windows open to cool off. The sunset was a weird orange, glowing through the remains of the storm. Quite creepy.

We are all so governed by the weather, aren’t we? Too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet, snow, ice, lightning, hail, high winds, bushfires…lucky we get some perfect days in between 😊😊 Whatever you get, enjoy. P

Good Morning,
    I agree with you Purple. Those challlening days is a reminder for appreciation and gratitude.
    The heat here in southwest Florida on summer time it makes worst. The humidity is extremely high. Big need for air condicioning.

Maybe because a haven’t done a Fast for awhile it felt strange but I concluded with my 500cal. This morning I am having coffee with 1/4 of 2% milk, 30 cal however lunch will be 12pm. Thursday will be the next Fast.

Amazon thanks for that reminder of clothes. We’ll all succeed. You’ve been diligent lately you won’t be disappointed with the scales.

Yesterday I saw for the first time at the pharmacy a kytones test. Have you ever used one?

Enjoy your day or evening πŸ’‹

Hi HCB,

I don’t see the point of a ketones test. We don’t need to be in ketosis in order to lose weight and it is IMO an unnecessary expense and something else to worry about.

I’ve been diligent for most of the time lately but there is still room for improvement.
    The holiday trousers are a great reminder as they make me think of all the holidays I’ve been on when my clothes have been tighter than I would like them to be.

I’m just about to have my FD dinner which is squash soup with some feta.
    Today has been easy as I’ve been busy and only been home a few minutes.
    Once I get to this time of day I know that it’s going to be a successful FD.

I’m with you Amazon. I think of this wol as normal eating, not a scientific experiment. Better to not complicate it with needless calculations and expense.

It’s funny how there is a tipping point where you know you can manage a fast (or not). Last Monday, I wasn’t in the mood, but got busy and suddenly it was 2pm. After that, I just refuse to drop my bundle. I’ve already missed breakfast and lunch, it would be such a waste to eat then 😁😁 All mind games really πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š P

Good morning all from a beautiful sunny morning in Melbourne.
    I was listening to a radio interview yesterday with the president of the AMA (medical assoc) and they were discussing the rise in the number of people accessing their superannuation funds early on medical grounds – to pay for medical procedures. The top of the list was for Gastric Bypass Surgery!! Apparently it is possible in Aus. to dip into these funds if a doctor certifies it is a life saving procedure – ie you are morbidly obese. It was almost enough to make me call in on the talk back line! I have an ex work colleague, a nurse unit manager, who underwent this surgery only to lose about 10 kgs which she has quickly regained. She is educated and smart but obviously has lots of issues connected to her sugar addiction and still manages to graze all day on junk food, thus keeping herself fat. It makes me so sad. Now these poor folk will have less Super on retirement all because they dont have the correct knowledge to address their problems with food. The good doctor was arguing that the surgery should be more available in public hospitals – in other words, fund the surgery now so that the Govt does not have to fund their retirement with a pension! So frustrating to listen to!!

Nama, I’m always contacting talkback radio (ABC) about the waste of our health dollars on medication and procedures that can be avoided for nothing by fasting. When will Govts realise the best things in life are free?
    (Cool and light rain in Sydney today. …lovely 😊) P

Good morning/evening,
    I asked about that test because was right there by and I couldn’t help seing it by the cashier. I haven’t noticed before.
    My youngest sister gained weight so she would be classified for gastric bypass surgery. She lost lots of pounds as her health goes so far i am not sure.
    Moved my Fast day from tomorrow to today because I am going to meet some girls.
    It’s cloudy here today but lots to be done on the house πŸ‘
    See you later 🌴

Hi everyone,

HCB,

In my opinion gastric bypass surgery is major life changing surgery that often doesn’t guarantee a happy ending.
    I know someone who had it done but she didn’t make any attempt to change her diet and 6 years later has re-gained all of the weight and still has the health issues that led to her being considered for surgery in the first place.
    I know of someone else (a friend of a friend) who had it done 7 years ago. The operation wasn’t successful and it has made her chronically ill with little hope of ever being well again.
    Neither of the two people I’ve mentioned were morbidly obese.

IMO it should always be a last resort because as all of us are aware, weight loss isn’t permanent if we don’t change our eating habits and even if we do we still have to work at keeping it off.

It seems to be the same the whole word over that health care is becoming more about treating the symptoms and effects rather than elimininating the cause of an illness/disease.

It would be far cheaper to open hospital/clinical units that admit patients, supervise extended fasting and follow it up with dietary advice and education.

I finally got to the gym this morning. I did my usual time on the bike but reduced time on the rowing machine which I followed up with some resistance work and stretching. I also had a short swim and a sauna which was great as the sauna has had an overhaul and new wooden benches fitted.
    It was so nice to finally get back to working out πŸ™‚

I was expecting the gym to be full of January exercisers but it was very quiet.

It’s been a nice day here, warmer than of late with some sunshine.

Morning/evening all,

FD no 3 for me.
    I wanted to go to the gym but decided to be cautious after all the problems I had with my knee last year and wait until tomorrow.

It’s raining so no walk and I’ve had to resort to sitting on the sofa and watching some very entertaining tennis. Such a hardship πŸ˜‰

Good morning/evening,
    It’s been foggy for the last mornings here however later on the sun comes out with a big smile. It’s feels so good no to be in that cold up north.

I am also glad that so far no pains. Of course my should continues to be a mystery. Walking is my best bet for now and I’ll star planking soon.

Yesterday Fast went well happy also with
    the scale. We all have agreed that NF days are
    the one we really need to be vigilant.

Should I add a 3rd one Tomorrow? I never fasted more than twice per week.

Jo has your parcel arrived and Amazon how about yours? Amazon here even make delivery on Sundays. Here is the land and shopping and never ending business.

See you later 🌴

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    WOMEN’S ASS SIZE STUDY.
    There is a new study about women and how they feel about their asses, the results were pretty interesting: 30% of women think their ass is too fat………… 10% of women think their ass is too skinny……
    The remaining 60% say they don’t care, they love him, he’s a good man, and they wouldn’t trade him for the world.
    A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper “Please wake me at 5:00 AM.” He left it where he knew she would find it.
    The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn’t wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.
    The paper said, “It is 5:00 AM. Wake up.”
    I had a glorious eating experience on Wednesday evening to break my fast in the usual way a 10 day fast to kick start the New Year.!!
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Hi RT,

Thanks for the weekly giggle.

Well done on your 10 day fast. A great way to reset the system if you can cope with it.
    Don’t go and spoil it with too many tinnies over the weekend πŸ˜‰

My problem isn’t hunger but missing the physical process of eating. I admire your determination and willpower πŸ˜€

Wow, 10 days RT! That’s pretty awesome.

I’m with you Amazon, I just like eating 😊

On that subject, I’ve just planned next week’s meals, a combination of Much More Veg and A Modern Cook’s Year. The problem I’m finding is that there just aren’t enough eating opportunities anymore to try all these delicious recipes…!

Exactly my regret Happy…so many fabulous healthy choices, so little opportunity to try them πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

I had to remind myself today that every meal I eat doesn’t need to be a recipe from one of my cookery books πŸ˜†
    I was trying to decide what to do with the cauliflower that is sitting in the veg drawer and after going through numerous cauli recipes I decided that what I really want to do with it is make cauliflower cheese…………..

Happy, did you see the news article about M&S selling two cauliflower steaks in a plastic tray for twice the price of a whole cauliflower? They’ve had so many adverse comments they won’t be selling any more 🀣

I have a very long list of recipes that MUST be tried. It’ll probably take most of 2018 to do so and I’m determined to enjoy every mouthful.

Top of the list is AJ’s pumpkin and red lentil kofte with smoky tomato sauce.

Hi Amazon thanks for your kind words now the fast process its self becomes no longer the issue but how you program the brain and the mindset to not eating is. so I can agree with the physical enjoyment of eating and the pleasure from food prep to cooking and the climax of the eating experience you do have a hellova lot more time for watching cooking shows reading recipe books and plotting and planniing the next culinary great adventure πŸ˜† how bizarre πŸ’‘
    The Australian Open starts next week and good to see the Joker back but match fitness is the query for mine Rafa or the Fed-express again maybe? The women well a very even graded tournament with Serena with drawing so that is as open as it could be but some great television coming up for sure.
    RT

Hi from a hot and humid Melbourne – feels like a Sydney Summer at present!

Congratulations RT – superb effort! I am with everyone else though, just not enough opportunities for eating these days – clearly shows why we all gained too much weight previously! Amazon you just have to stop buying new cookbooks! I now tend to buy whatever fresh produce looks good, then often google a recipe to try.

I am looking forward to the tennis too, love the Aus Open! Bit sad that its impossible to get good tickets these days, all the corporates get the good seats. Still good TV viewing though! I heard Jelena Dokic spruiking her new book the other day – a tell-all about her terrible childhood and being motivated to win by fear of her monster father.

Definitely salad weather here so making the Quinoa/Kale ‘supersalad’ (their words not mine) again today, just peeled the pomegranate! Have a lovely Friday and great weekend all.

Hi RT:

Boy, do I agree with you! I have been cooking since I was about 5 years old and I enjoy cooking and eating. When I fast, I find myself reading cookbooks, watching cooking shows on TV and visiting cooking sites on the Internet. Someone on another thread made a comment to the effect they were interested that a site about fasting contained so many recipes. Maybe food deprivation is one of the reasons!

Congratulations on completion of your 10 day fast. I have only done one 10 day and won’t do another long term fast until I book a stint at True North. In the meantime, Dr. Longo’s five day fasts are more than enough for me. I have been doing them sporadically since I read one of his research papers in 2014. Now that his book is out I’ve determined that I need to do them more often. I do not say that with great joy or happy anticipation.

So, from my point of view, those diet books, food programs and cooking sites are going to be more busy than ever!

Take care.

The new normal, weatherwise, Nama πŸ˜‘ Melbourne is getting Sydney weather. We are getting Queensland weather. It’s all shifting down the coast. Climate change in full swing πŸ˜‘
    I do the same with cooking: buy what’s in season, use what’s in the fridge, Google ideas. We have also been trying different fish. It’s amazing what variety of taste and texture there is when you start moving out of the tried and true.
    G’day Simco…long time no talk πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰P

Good evening/Good morning,
    RT – I was just thinking what type of A$& was mine turned that I have I good one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    How was everyday during this 10 day Fast? What did you drink, how did you sleep.
    Congratulations about your determination.
    I hope someday I’ll be able to do an extended Fast myself.

Nowadays no new recipes! I’ll eat something different when we go out if.

Be well πŸ‘

Amazon,

I did see that in the news. I wonder how many ‘steaks’ they actually sold?! Now swede steaks I could understand! I’m always getting the knife stuck half way πŸ˜€

Re: recipes. I Google ingredients for ideas too, but i already spend too much of my time staring at a computer screen, and there’s nothing quite like turning the pages of a good book. So I often look up ingredients in the index and find a recipe that way.

Morning/evening all,

I buy what’s in season too.
    One of my new books gives ingredient alternatives and the other is entitled The Modern Cook’s Year πŸ˜ƒ and I’m good at adapting recipes to what I’ve got.

Happy,

It’s not the swede. You either need a new knife or a more efficient sharpener…..
    or maybe lift some weights πŸ˜‰
    I say that because just before Christmas I realised I could no longer put up with a staysharp knife that had become blunt. I went out and invested in a good one and it even goes through the toughest squash skin easily.

Ha ha, you’ve obviously not met one of my swedes, freshly wrestled from the ground in winter! I don’t think it’s so much that it’s hard, more the denseness of it, which definitely declines with storage.

Sharp kitchen knives are a must! Blunt knives are dangerous.

Well I have fasted twice this week, following on from a greedy hormonal few days when I finished up the orange and almond cake I’d frozen at Christmas. I’m now avoiding the temptation to make another one…although I have a few oranges past best eating and lots of eggs!!

When I read about the cauliflower steaks I was thinking about the fact that cut veg loses it nutrients.
    I would never buy ready cut vegetables for that reason, and it is an expensive way of doing so.

Don’t mention cake, my FD fell foul of a hunk of Christmas cake yesterday. It wasn’t hunger it was the urge to eat 😳

I’m fasting today and if I can get through it that’ll be 3 FDs this week so it is still a good week.

Dinner tonight will be a mushroom and the last of the Christmas Stilton omelette.

Has anyone managed to purchase and view “Fasting, the Movie” yet? P

Viewing 50 posts - 3,201 through 3,250 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.