Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 7,277 total)

• Hi All,

I’ve had phone and broadband issues all week, so haven’t been able to contribute.

Jo, sorry to hear your dogs are giving you cause for concern. A trip to the vets is expensive I know, but you can’t put a price on health or peace of mind.

RT, I’ve read a few of the ZC testimonials. Interesting, but I must admit I’d like to see some hard science! Health markers, etc. I do know though it definitely isn’t for me, even if it turns out to be the healthiest way of eating – only beef steak and water every day until I die – kill me now πŸ˜€

Whereas Barata, your eggs and fat diet is right up my street. And I’m like you, I can lose weight that way with no fasting πŸ˜€

Trust Me I’m a Doctor shared some interesting research this week about high (unhealthy) fat diets and effects on blood sugar control.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5KVxFxymDSnpn93ckjfx9HM/what-does-eating-a-diet-high-in-unhealthy-fat-really-do-to-our-bodies

Barata,
    Good morning and very well done you skinny thing. I might add RT that if she now stands sidewards she would disappear. Luckily her red hair keeps her visible. My heroine! But how do you deal with 4 eggs in one day(two makes be constipated) don’t get me wrong cos I love them. Spinach and cheese omelette yum.

HCB- I f I could lose 6 lb every month I would be thrilled but it’s going well at the moment, I either lose or maintain most of the time. Yoyoing on holiday but a loss overall. Remember I have been yoyoing and backsliding especially between April 15 to last August 16, I have lost the same one stone about 4 times, it’s depressing. But I do think I have it under control at the moment, long may it reign. Saying that, yesterday, a NFD, I ate far too much but it was all healthy so the scales have maintained. First bad day since last September, sitting around too much did for me. I am very strict these days and have really cut out a lot of foods to get to this point but I am working on bringing a few back without damaging the result. Sugar and bread will not be included though except on very rare occasions( birthdays). Some meats and strong cheeses are now putting in an occasional appearance. I really want to expand my low carb menu with satisfying meals.

WW and SW both advocate low fat diets and openly encourage eating mass produced convenience meals plus their own chocolate bars daily treats. They are making money out of people’s addiction to sugar. I have stopped going now as last week my councillor actually told the group that exercise is a waste of effort for weight loss. He didn’t even encourage people to do it for the health benefits. I don’t consider it a useful support tool anymore, it was just an accountability thing for me, I didn’t follow their plan. But no doubt about the weight loses there. Our Saturday groups (x3 per morning) regularly lost 20 stone between them weekly (not sure of numbers in other 2 groups but about 50 at my meeting)

I am making water Kefir today using coconut water(recommended as best agent) ginger and lemon. The bacterial benefits are less than milk Kefir made from grains but it will make a nice refreshing drink to have first thing, lots of flavour choices available. Then I will have milk Kefir before bedtime to aid sleep. That’s the plan. Both drinks have lots of health benefits.

RT- bird Flu here again, brought over by ducks so all our free range crooks are being locked inside. Shame! If not released by the end of February they loose free range status as they have been locked in for three months. If the disease spreads we will be looking at price rise and shortage of eggs, very worrying. But authorities have it under control at present.

My next experiment to test my endurance will be to stop weighing( whole of March) and to do 15 mins of daily exercise designed for inch loss on the waistline. I will carry on 23/1 because it really is the best solution for me. I can eat out with friends on a NFD without worry.

RT you will be pleased to know that I am looking into replacement foods for potatoes, maybe a big chunk of steak, maybe not! But I still have my zero noodles.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Happy no worries at all we all have to find our own way and find our doable and keep on keeping on that builds compliance to anything new .
    Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. Albert Einstein.

Jojo I think ALL our free range crooks should locked up as well !!! πŸ˜† too much mate LMFAO

RT- bird Flu here again, brought over by ducks so all our free range crooks are being locked inside.
    Stop weighing for March now that is something different and one I think is a master stroke but will be difficult to do for you that said find the tap measure that is as good as it gets.
    Do we need to replace them β€œPotatoes” that is an interesting consideration? Or simply take them off the menu I will be looking for a bowel of cauliflower and broccoli mash with a S***T load of butter and sour cream a splash of whole egg mayonnaise fresh sea salt flakes fresh cracked black pepper and a good grate of Parmesan Cheese yum yum β€œyour welcome” πŸ˜‰ with a nice steak of course after next week.!!
    RT

Jo, the subject of chooks!!

Defra is introducing a more targeted approach to the control of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) from March 1st, focussed on areas of higher risk (water bodies with wildfowl populations, areas with high density commercial poultry production, etc). Which is what they should have done to begin with instead of their knee-jerk EVERYONE PANIC!! GET YOUR BIRDS INSIDE!!

So free range flocks in a lot of areas will be allowed out. Don’t be under the illusion though that all free range hens live a life happily scratting around in the sun. In reality, in a flock of several thousand birds, not all get out of the barn…

HPAI is a complex subject, and I think it’s a bit simplistic to think the authorities have it under control. They don’t!
    Even keeping birds inside and away from wild birds (a convenient scapegoat for the evils of intensive livestock production) doesn’t necessarily protect them since pathogens outside get transferred in by other pathways.
    And while low pathogenicity AI has existed in wild birds, HPAI was born in intensive poultry production, and then spread to wild birds who are now carriers. The wisdom of cooping up all our commercial poultry to protect them from disease, when the cooped up conditions are what breeds disease in the first place, are questionable.
    It also appears to be the case (as with bovine TB) that intensive production units may be far more active spreading HPAI than wild birds. Large barns need air conditioning, and vent to the outside world, spreading anything inside the barn liberally into the outside world where it falls into water, onto insects, birds, other wildlife, domestic pets, people outside, etc who can then carry pathogens far and wide. And movement of livestock between units spreads disease. Also all the waste from the floor of the barn has to be disposed of, generally to land, where it can leach to water/ come into contact with other wildlife etc.
    And of course the poultry in commercial production will be more susceptible to disease because they are babies with under-developed immune systems. The bird on your table may not be much over 6-8 weeks old, and the hen that laid your egg will be maximum 50-70 weeks old.

Intensive livestock production has opened Pandora’s Box.

Morning/evening all,

So RT laughs at Jo for “free range crooks” and then informs us he is looking forward to a BOWEL full of cauliflower and broccoli mash 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

It’s a lovely sunny morning here and I’m looking forward to getting out in it.

My FD went very well yesterday and I’m fasting again today.

Friday already 😱

Have a good one everybody 😜

😳 😳 😳 ROFL

LOL – more auto-correct gems πŸ™‚

No problem with eggs or anything else fortunately Jo. Cast iron stomach – or very good gut bio, having been brought up on milk from the cowshed, fruit and veggies from the orchard and garden. There was no fast foods in those days. The treat was fresh bread that was delivered by the mail van.

Heroine? Spare my blushes. I started from a much lower weight, so my journey has been considerably easier than your valiant struggle. Not sure how long the red hair will last. Maybe one more cycle.

Morning All,
    Cold miserable day here, foggy and grim but I am still smiling because I have lost 7 lbs this month and we are not even at the end of Feb. It cost me dear yesterday as I sat there watching 8 women(6 of whom were obese) eat freshly made jam donuts and chocolate biscuits, I sat with a grumbling stomach. I downed two cups of really weak tea and held strong as I knew I was having (award winning)fish and chips last night(and they were seriously good, ate the fish and chips but left the batter(actually donated that to a man at my table). I went to a Race night, not exactly high living but a chance to meet my outside bowling pals.

Barata – take credit where due Honey, life is too short to be modest, you lost the weight quickly and efficiently and maintained long term. More importantly you took action before you became morbidly obese. Your farm upbringing definitely set you up with healthy gut bacteria but to be honest my childhood was all about fresh produce and home cooking too. I did the damage to my in adulthood. Firstly I had an almost fatal food poisoning event, restaurant Stilton mushrooms nearly did for me, landed up in hospital on a drip. This set up long term IBS for three years. Followed by long term use of antibiotics for chest infections and stomach bugs contracted from working with preschool children. But that is the past and I am now determined to build up a healthy level of gut bacteria and follow a healthy lifestyle. Saying that I just ruined the last batch of my powder milk, separated, left too long in the warm, supposed to put it in the fridge last night. Ah well my grain version on the go now, starts with a much smaller quantity though.

Time to get moving, I need to get out and walk the dogs! I wonder how my daughters Dragon Boat Racing went yesterday, the weather in Wellington was not expected to be good(What’s New?)

Big match at bowls for me today, ladies pairs, against two old hands, could be thrashed.

Have a good day everyone

Jo, it was an unexpectedly pleasant day today. I was out in the garden planting and weeding. There was a shower when OH was cooking the barbeque, but that’s what happens. And tomorrow will be great for the Round the Bays run/walk (no prizes to guess which I am taking part in πŸ™‚ ) Son didn’t enjoy the kefir, complained about the bitter aftertaste so obviously work to be done there…

Zzzzz time.

Hi everyone,

I’ve just spent the last hour trying to work out why BT Sport had disappeared from my satellite box menu. Nothing to do with me finally getting round to sorting out the mess of cables yesterday with a box designed to hide them and not resetting everything after it had been unplugged……. 😳😳😳

My kefir is now rich and creamy with a slightly sour tang but delicious IMO.
    If I was a wimp (or insert name of relative of choice) I would add some honey πŸ˜‰

I made a small amount of batter using buckwheat flour, egg, kefir and a pinch of baking powder and had pancakes topped with yoghurt and plum compote for brunch. There is enough compote left to make a plum fool for dessert tomorrow. I’ll use yoghurt rather than cream.

I cooked up the last of the meat from the freezer yesterday, a huge batch of bolognese style sauce. I had a couple of spoonfuls on a small jacket potato served with green salad for my FD dinner yesterday.
    I’ve made a lasagna style dish for dinner tomorrow, put two servings in the freezer which will be used up before Lent and am going to add chilli to the remainder to put on top of lots of leafy veg for dinner tonight.

I also have some fish which is going to be turned into a fish pie topped with swede and squash and will make nice FD dinners next week.

That will clear the decks for my Lenten vegetarian adventure which I’m really looking forward to 😎

I’ve had a good week, got in 3 good FDs and am hoping for a loss but my insides went on strike for a few days so hopefully it’ll show on the scales in a few days time once everything is back to normal.

On the theme of typos/spell check I was reading an article about Agent Provocateur (they sell womens underwear etc) and was much amused by “sequinned pasties”

I also read a good joke,

My friend is allergic to rice

He’s basmatic 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Good morning,
    I had a great lunch yesterday with the gals. The food was exlkente and the view priceless.
    Sipping on my coffee and thinking about all my missteps this week. I really didn’t achieve anything this week.
    Congratulations Jo! It pays to be determined πŸ₯‘.Also I had no idea I had food poison.
    Barata I know many people who doesn’t like kefir. It also has a different smell. At every your son will appreciate a fruit smoothie then.
    Well let me keep going 🌺
    See you later.

Hi All,
    Amazon- your meal plans sound great. I really wish I had your interest in cooking, it’s a chore to me unlike eating.

It’s amusing that you are giving up meat and I am eating it everyday at the moment(only chicken) but it has made a change from salmon and is far cheaper.
    Today I celebrated my bowls win by having spicy hot chicken legs, my tongue is on fire now πŸ”₯ I too am loving the Kefir, love the tang.

The vet said he can’t find a thing wrong with the dogs apart from old age so I need to relax and cut their walks down to 20 minutes but I can do 2 per day. I still suspect that my neighbour has been using weedkiller excessively and it’s contaminated my garden. Both of my dogs drink the birds water (now emptied and removed)and eat grass(now cut in an attempt to prevent further contaminant getting eaten). It just seems very odd that they should both collapse on the same day, it’s just weird. They are both behaving very lethargically now which is not like them, both excitable usually. My neighbour was very cagey when I asked him if he had been spraying our adjoining wall. I can’t keep them indoors though, they love the garden.

HCB – I am thrilled with 7 lb loss in 18 days so I am going to try for another 3 in the next 10 days. I am away on a bowls trip for 4 days next week but I can deal with that. After a holiday month in NZ it will seem like a breeze.

March will be interesting as I am banning the scales, really testing my resolve. I am also planning to encorporate 15 minute waist workout daily to see if I can lose 2 inches in one month. Fancy joining me anyone?

Barrata-my daughter loved her Dragon boat race day, although cold and wet, sun came out afterwards. They got a 1st and 2nd place. She is walking tomorrow too, you may see her.

Jo, your dogs have been looked after by someone else who I doubt walked them as far or as often as you do and they are probably both feeling it now that you are home. I’m not surprised they are acting lethargically, they must be knackered!
    The vet has said there is nothing wrong with them apart from old age so you need to take his advice and give them less exercise as it is obviously too much for them unlike their owner πŸ™‚

I am giving up meat for Lent only purely as a way of expanding the foods I eat and my vegetarian cooking repertoire. I have no intention of becoming a vegetarian.

You know I love cooking but that came out of the fact that I live to eat and decided that I could cook really good food much cheaper than going out for dinner. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of sitting down to a well cooked and interesting meal and the process of preparing and cooking is both relaxing and enjoyable.

Amazon,
    Actually I restricted her to 30 minute walks as she keeps them on the lead so that’s not the problem.

No sign of your daughter, Jo, but given there were over 14,000 people participating, probably not surprising. Overcast and a slight drizzle as we walked the 6.5 km, so that was good, then the sun came out and 24 degrees. Town was gridlocked so it took longer to get back in than it took to walk out. Next year I will avail myself of the public transport.

Then another barbeque. Love summer for these. πŸ™‚

Barata – Really you didn’t spot her, what were you doing? Ha Ha, I didn’t think you had that many people in Wellington, must have been quite a sight. I am glad the weather was good. We have sunshine today so I am heading out soon. I nice coffee at a seafront cafe, me thinks, possibly even breakfast for a change.

Maintained weight today after yesterday’s NFD, all good, can’t really get my head round 7 lb loss this month, I have to keep pinching myself.

Well done, Jo. πŸ™‚

It was great – just a shame the return took so long. My feet are not happy.

Barata, my daughter hated all the waiting around too, she plans to do the run next year and half marathon the following year. Crazy girl.

At least the weather was better than expected.

It’s gorgeous here today, kids on the beach making Sandcastles, parents enjoying the sunshine in deck chairs it at the pub. We have a Blues Festival this weekend.

Meanwhile I am off for yet another game of bowls.

We need to talk about water Kefir, mine tasted horrible.

Well the last week of my study of one with Zero Carb is upon me and it is time for some number crunching for those who are interested using my TDEE of 1857 calories I have not gone close to consuming that on any given day average 1300-1500 calories. If we agree on moderate protein somewhere between 80-100g per day following the Phinney and Volek model I have stayed well under in general terms between 60g-70g of protein a day. Which is a good deal higher than what
    Most official nutrition organizations recommend a fairly modest protein intake. The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or 0.36 grams per pound. This amounts to: 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man.
    And fat 155g but has been around the 90-100g mark
    Carbohydrates 0.
    The fat loss was 400 grams for the week and total 3 week fat loss 2.4kg.
    http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/all-meat-diets/
    Fascinating read this one IMO
    Peace RT

Perhaps I need to try your method, RT. The weight has bounced back on after my egg-and-fat attempt last week. I am totally flummoxed as to what is going on. Is it stress at work? But I’ve handled stress before. And that certainly doesn’t explain why OH is almost back to his starting weight after nearly two years of 5:2.

Do your kefir grains look like the ones I bought when you were here, Jo? My attempts are finding favour with OH. I’m not making any this week, though, as we will be away for the weekend. What did you put into it?

RT, Sounds like you have hit on a winner and luckily you really know what you are doing. How will you avoid losing too much weight? I thought you were at goal. Mind you that is a problem we could all live with, if only!

Barata- as a proverbial yoyo dieter, I sympathise. I have found all crash diet schemes or long fasts result in bounce back. Suggest you try RT ‘meat only’ or ’23/1′ we are both losing weekly. No alcohol on either though so not easy during stressful times.

I am having a last push for this month but it is going to be very tough with trip this weekend. Aiming for 3 lb in 9 days- why not join me? A. It of competition might help.

I will send you a list of my making instructions, grains looked the same but without sugar and sultanas which I had to add. Put in coconut water as recommended on internet.

Hi all,
    very interesting RT, but didn’t you miss the fruit and veg? I really think we need a little bit of everything, but respect that yes, we are all different!
    Just don’t overdo the protein, it can be hard on your kidneys! Isn’t it great that you could enjoy all that fat and still lose weight. The weight loss business would not be impressed!

Barata give it a week and let things ‘settle’, those numbers on the scale are not that reliable on a daily basis. Yes, I weigh daily and watch the trend, but I consider its the least imperfect way of keeping track.

I think its harder to maintain than getting to goal though (sorry Jo!). That initial enthusiasm and motivation is a bit harder to muster. We know we can do it, so whats the rush? As Purple says, eternal vigilance…..ahhhh….

Morning/evening all,

When we undertake a long fast weight the number on the scales is usually very pleasing but we all know that it is not a true measure of fat loss but simply what we weigh with a virtually empty digestive tract. It is something that many either don’t understand or forget in the euphoria of seeing a sizeable loss at the end of the fast.
    Last time I undertook a long fast (4 days) and then started eating again I lost 6lbs and gained 3 after eating again and even that doesn’t add up as my TDEE is less than 2000 calories. I’ve come to the conclusion that if our body is burning fat as a primary source of energy it is more effective for weight loss than when using glucose. I guess that is why Atkins was so effective but unfortunately it didn’t lend itself to enabling people to change their eating habits just like so many other diets.

This is my opinion and I have no scientific evidence to support it so any lurkers please withhold the lecture as I don’t need it thanks πŸ™‚

Barata, do you think that you and OH are both eating too much on non FDs? Maybe you should try a calorie counting exercise.

It is a lovely mild and sunny day here. My first daffodil has bloomed and it is one of the miniatures in my kitchen window box so I can see it every time I go into the room πŸ™‚

The daily weigh-in hasn’t been fun but it has made me realise I really need to take more care on non FDs. Having said that, I forgot to weigh this morning πŸ˜–
    Never mind, tomorrow will do.

FD today, I’ve had my kefir and that is it until dinner time.

Nama,
    I agree maintenance is very hard but long term fasting to get to goal is no picnic either. I certainly don’t have the enthusiasm I had in my first 6 months, just keep plodding on. Saying that the end is in site now if I can remain vigilant, I am coping well on 23/1. I think having the same daily routine is actually beneficial to me whereas the contrasts of fast and feast was disrupting. Also I love not counting calories anymore, just focussed on healthy eating all the time. Jason Fung has been the inspiration for me, I am very anti sugar these days.
    Amazon- I have been daily weighing for a long time and it has kept me aware of the effects of my eating choices. Carbs definitely caused gains whereas protein and veg did not. However I now want to be less dependent on weighing and trust my new found confidence that I can succeed without weighing. We shall see in March as I am trying a month without scales. If it works I will go to monthly weigh ins in future.

I have been watching utube videos on water and milk Kefir, there are so many. Hopefully I can sort out my problems. Shorter fermentation has improved taste but not sure it will aid the grains health. It’s a learning curve that’s for sure.

RT I just read your link, indeed a fascinating read. So you are channelling your inner Eskimo or Sioux? You would look good in fur! Maybe one of the main things we need to remember is UNPROCESSED…whatever the food group, eat it as mother nature provided it. I do like my meat cooked a bit though!

Amazon how lovely to have daffodils flowering! We are coming to the end of Summer and I am picking belladonna lillies to perfume the house, am not looking forward to the cold…

Whoops Jo, we crossed. Totally agree re Jason Fung – he makes so much sense.

When I first started 5:2 I lost 42lbs/19kilos in 6 months. I didn’t count calories on non FDs and I only weighed myself once a week. It was easy, but since then it has been much harder. After re-gaining 18lbs I started again which is when I found this website and I lost 2lbs per week for 14 weeks before going on holiday.
    That was over 2 years ago and since then I’ve lost, gained, lost, gained, lost, gained despite continuing to fast. It is definitely harder in the longterm (and that includes maintenance) and having lost 68lbs/31kilos by May 2015, I was receiving so many compliments that I almost lost sight of the fact that I wasn’t at goal yet. Personal circumstances have also taken their toll but I feel that I’ve wasted the past 15 months going round in circles and am determined that it has to stop now and that I get to goal in the next few months. I am only a few lbs above my lowest but it feels like so much more and it is very frustrating.
    I’ve gone back to what I was doing when I joined this thread and am hoping that I’ll finally start to see some results and get past my previous low. I’ve set myself a goal of losing 14lbs/6kilos by Easter.

Wish me luck because I sure need it!

Amazon,
    Our stories are very similar, my first 6 months were the most effective but we are still here and we WILL get to goal.

Good Luck and don’t be too hard on yourself, it could be much worse, we could be 3 stones up.

I’m trying not to be hard on myself but that is easier said than done. I’m a bit down in the dumps at the moment and in need of something to lift my spirits. A downward trend on the scales would be perfect!

Hello,
    Beautiful day here! Stepdaughter went out on their boat. It would be great to be gone with them but they are always arguing. I rather be here with my 2 favorite people. Sasha and hubby.
    Meanwhile this morning I had my bike ride, organized a few things here and there and trying to stay out of trouble and reach peace with Fasting. I think I’ll have a piece of broiled fish and salad for dinner.
    Amazon I am totally with you there. For this week no wine at all, no scales, low or now carb. I need to make myself feel good soon.
    We’ll be having guest Sunday and definetaly going out to eat more than usual.
    On 03/18 down to Brazil. Can hardly wait for that.
    Also I will be seeing my orthopedic doctor there, again. Shoulder and knee still hurting. Let’s have an x-ray then. Something is inflamed and doesn’t go away.
    Interesting experiment RT. What assurance do you have of burning fat instead of losing water and muscle. How can be checked?
    Have a good week Folks πŸ’ͺ🏻

HCB, RT doesn’t need to check what is happening as our bodies are very sophisticated and choose to preserve muscle until fat stores are running on empty so it is very unlikely that he isn’t burning fat.

I hope you have a good week, I’ve had a fairly easy FD today as I’ve been fairly busy and I’m planning lots of things to keep me occupied and out of the fridge!

Sorry to hear that your knee and shoulder are sore, maybe it is early arthritis which can take a while to settle down.

Amazon thanks for the explanation! Sophisticated and intelligent are my Fasting buddies πŸ˜‡
    Catching up reading accumulated blogs from Dr Fung and cleaning all my email boxes.
    I know many of you are from medical/health field. How is arthritis diagnosed? X-ray or blood test. I believe it is inflammation isn’t it? My mother has it so maybe runs in the family.
    πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’

I have arthritis in my hip which was diagnosed by my physiotherapist although I already knew that was the cause of the problem. He could have arranged an x-ray but there was little point as we both knew it was the correct diagnosis.
    Osteo arthritis affects millions of people the world over and the best way to deal with it is lose weight, build strong muscles to support the joints, keep moving and eat a healthy diet, and that advice is appropriate for so many health/fitness issues.

If you start exercising after not having done so previously/for a while or increase the amount/intensity of exercise it can cause inflammation but it does settle down.
    Swimming is an excellent way to improve mobility and flexibility and will also build up muscle strength without putting too much stress on joints.

I prefer not to take medication but use heat or ice packs depending on the situation. I also use topical anti inflammatory gels or patches which help the inflammation to settle.

Amazon,
    Why not join the March Challenge, the February one has helped me. There are a lot of contributors, many New faster she but some incredibly successful weightlosses. One girl has lost 5 kilos in 5 weeks, she is mostly doing 16/8 and 23/1 on fast days plus healthy choices.
    Keeping stimulated long term is really hard. It’s why I keep trying new ideas. Trying to avoid boredom and loneliness Is an issue for me, it’s probably my weakest link to mindless eating. Daytimes I am busy and some evenings, others are an issue, I keep trying new activities, some work.
    You have such a lot of knowledge to offer, maybe you should start a new thread? Medical or Science aspects of Fasting explained.

Amazon,
    Why not join the March Challenge, the February one has helped me. There are a lot of contributors, many New faster she but some incredibly successful weightlosses. One girl has lost 5 kilos in 5 weeks, she is mostly doing 16/8 and 23/1 on fast days plus healthy choices.
    Keeping stimulated long term is really hard. It’s why I keep trying new ideas. Trying to avoid boredom and loneliness Is an issue for me, it’s probably my weakest link to mindless eating. Daytimes I am busy and some evenings, others are an issue, I keep trying new activities, some work.
    You have such a lot of knowledge to offer, maybe you should start a new thread? Medical or Science aspects of Fasting explained or better still a daily menu of home cooked calorie controlled meals.

I do weigh daily, but keep a spreadsheet and it’s the long term upward curve that is bothering me. In saying that, if last week’s efforts didn’t have any effect I think I will just keep on with what worked in the past. It’s only a couple of kgs. Non-FDs see a lower intake these days, and often I don’t break the fast until midday, so I do not think calories are the issue. There are a number of foods now off the menu, too. Meat only? Hmmm…

So I am in it for the long term.

A multi-day water fast might be my next option if things don’t change, however. I am learning about the benefits, it is suggested that a one-week fast per year can almost eliminate any risk of cancers.

Morning/evening all,

Barata, not sure who suggested that a yearly one week fast can achieve something that is defying medical science. I think a very large pinch of salt needs to be taken with that one.

If you are fit and well and have not changed anything then too much food has to be the answer. Do you eat on FDs, maybe you could start by making them water only and see if it helps.

We’ve had rain overnight and it is very mild again but overcast and miserable looking ☹

Another FD today and I’m off to the gym this morning which will keep me occupied for a few hours.

Barata, going sugar free for a month would probably sort it out. Join me in March for the ‘no weighing’ challenge. It might take the pressure off. Also can you have a walk in your lunch break? I found this great when I was working, I usually only got 20 minutes but it all adds up over the week. Have you got a pedometer? do you average 10,000 per day? At least work is in town, it’s not as hilly as where you live. My daughter is going to start using my pedometer I left with her. I don’t think she does as many steps as she thinks she does. Without my dog walk and dance class I would not average 10,000 daily. 2.5 hours of bowling is less than 3000 steps.

I am just working out which ‘waist’ exercises I am going to do daily (15 mins)for March, not favouring crunch ones as I don’t want to injure my back. Possibly kettle bell twists.

Anyone recommend a good exercise for waist reduction, tried and tested?

Up a pound today, weekend crimes came back to bite me,( chips, roast spuds and bread, asking for trouble, when will I learn? that’s life!

I don’t eat additional sugar, Jo, and eat fairly healthily. No cake, biscuits, icecream. Perhaps I need to give up my two remaining breakfasts?

Amazon, I have heard the suggestion of fasting and cancer from a couple of sources, but like you am interested in learning from facts, rather than mice. πŸ™‚

Of course if sugar free means no wine, I don’t think I am ready for that yet. Four days AFDs last week, and you saw the results!

Jo, I am listening to a ruru (morepork – native owl) just now. Love the native birds coming back to the city. πŸ™‚

Barata,

Yes I was thinking, anything that raises your insulin level which sadly includes fruit, wine and bread, just for one month!

You know you can do it and you know it will work. I will be keeping you company.

I have had a grim day today, shocking loss at bowls, 41/4, record breaker or what?

I really need to get into a better team.

Hi All,
    I think I just solved the mystery of the dogs illness’s. Pigeon excrement. We have 9 pigeons nesting in a gutter, consequently lots of mess going behind our water butt. This area is hidden to us so we were not aware the dogs were eating this mess. Caught them red handed today as I pulled the curtain back to check for a delivery driver. This stuff is toxic to animals, I just wish I had known earlier. So I have been out with a pressure hose cleaning up. Now I need to relocate the pigeons, not sure how though.

Barata-Sent you a message on Facebook

Jo,

Wild birds, their nests and eggs are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended). If the pigeons are actively nesting then you would be breaking the law by ‘moving’ them until nesting is finished (the young have fledged and left the nest and the nest has been abandoned).

There is a general licence which allows ‘authorised persons’ to remove feral roof nesting pigeons, but only for the purposes of preserving public health.

So I’m afraid you are stuck with the pigeons unless you break the law.

I suggest you take steps to stop the dogs getting access to the pigeon poo, and then in the autumn think about how you can deter the pigeons from nesting next year.

Sorry about your bowls defeat! You were slaughtered 😑

Oh, and Jo, you should definitely wear a mask if you’re pressure washing pigeon poo – you could aspirate aerosol particles carrying disease such as psittacosis or salmonella.

Hi Fast Trackers And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Nama thank you actually I am channelling getting my Masai warrior on πŸ˜‰ they are very lean looking characters who roam around wearing a red dress and topless that will do me πŸ˜† just saying.
    Always think of Bond Girls in big white fur long coats in the snow perhaps a Nama look after all you do live in Melbourne. πŸ™„
    No I did not miss fruit at all it’s not even on my menu yfee though is the fruit bat in our house and as for veg no not really that said I am looking forward to that bowl of special yummy mashed goodness I suggested to Jojo yes achieving goal and ticking that box is doable with IF but staying where we want to be is not a given and that requires due diligence. I did not want a number that I have never been before so my journey has been returning to what I was when I got married 34 years ago I have not been over weight all my life I was 70kg when I was married and very lean and toned but then the wheels fell off in the naughty forties and nifty fifties and I let myself go never mind I am back where I want to be again now but I don’t loss my mind if I hover around the 73-74 mark I feel I am growing younger and stronger and this 4 week trial has been a great eye opener and dare I say it is no carb better than low carb perhaps so be your own evidence ?? Dr Andreas Eenfeldt the Diet Doctor of LCHF recommends staying under 20grams of carbs a day Professor Tim Noakes keep under 25grams of carbs a day Volek and Phinney under 50 grams of carbs a day but Zero Carbs and High fat Amazon may be the way to go for you give it a go why not?? And really you only have fat to lose now I found the whole experience very straight forward and clearly you can mix it up with these 15 foods to start with
    http://bembu.com/carb-free-foods
    You don’t need luck when you have ability because you’re already a successful faster. That final 14lbs by Easter which BTW is April 16 2107 is doable but if the plateau is not moving then we need to implement some new weapons into the artillery so we have the IF and fasting we have CR on fast days SO can you do a zero calorie fast day? Can you do 23/1 daily or Eat Stop Eat? Can you do Zero Carb I believe in you let’s get our mojo back and get losing. !!! So can we fix it YES WE CAN. !!!
    β€œThe less you eat the more you lose”
    Peace RT

Wow RT! This no carb thing must be VERY successful if you are already planning your Easter 2107 camping trip! P 😁😁

RT,

Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement. I know that my problem is non-compliance on non FDs so I have decided to count calories every day for a while which is tedious but necessary.
    I can’t do low/zero carb high fat as my gut cannot cope with it. When I did Atkins I lost weight but was unwell for most of the time and suffered a lot with cramps and stomach pain so it isn’t something I want to re-visit.

I am determined to lose 14lbs by Easter. WILL do it!

RT- Glad you are enjoying your new way of life.

Happy- Advice is too late for mask and clean up. Let’s hope I avoided infection, luckily I kept my distance.

Thank you for the advice ref the pigeons but I had already checked out regulations with a friend who works for the RSPCA. I am an animal lover, that includes all wild birds too, don’t fret.

Don’t concern yourself with my bowls loss, I am not upset. When you play team sports you accept that losing is part of the journey. At least I got through to two semi finals next month in pairs teams. I am still smiling and it won’t put me off the game.

Life is good at the moment, losing weight, having fun, weather has been fab for a few days.

Early night for me, goodnight cyber buddies.

Hi Jo,

I know you’re an animal lover, so I wasn’t fretting about the pigeons, just making sure you were aware of the law! Ignorance is no defence in law, so didn’t want you falling foul of it πŸ˜€

Do you still use your kettlebell? I’ve been wondering whether to get one for home HIIT upper body workouts. Would you recommend one?

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.