Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,051 through 5,100 (of 7,277 total)

• Hi RT,

I’m eating a small meal at lunchtime, for example porage with some fruit or an omelette and an early dinner. No snacks and 16:8.

I’ve been out for the day today and only ate one meal which was definitely more than 800 calories but life’s too short…..
    I’ll be back on it again tomorrow and with no social engagements for the next 10 days I’m going to be putting in a supreme effort to decrease the amount of excess weight I’m still carrying around.

Morning All,
    Still windy here but another sunny day.
    Last night we went to see my daughters Circus Skills class held in a school gymnasium.
    It was very interesting to see a group of people aged 20 to 58 practising balancing on each others shoulders and doing very difficult moves using a suspended hoop. There were also people using a trapeze and silks plus ropes. Only four of these 15 people I would have said had athletic bodies(very little fat). You could see the torture on some faces as they heaved their bodies into positions requiring very strong upper body strength. One girl, early thirties, probably 18 stone plus, six foot tall was my heroine. She was not the best athlete but she tried every skill and was successful at many. She is also a former pole dancer. The oldest lady was a personal trainer from England who married a Kiwi 30 years ago. She has four children born in NZ and still teaches gymnastics locally to kids. I had a good chat with her afterwards and she suggested I should give it a go. Due to my many years of yoga flexibility should be reasonable I would just need to work on upper body strength. Although tempting I don’t think I will be ‘having a go’ the blisters on everyone’s hands at the end of the session would put me off. Plus I could foresee much muscle strain injuries. Also I have never heard of such classes locally.

I think I will stick to swimming, dancing and bowls for now but I must restart yoga or Pilates.

Time flying here but really enjoying my trip.

Keep healthy and well no matter what your extreme climates.

Well it was -5 here overnight, so yesterday’s snow froze hard. Today has been foggy all day, and not above freezing. I’m wearing all my clothes 😊

I haven’t been so good on the fasting front in the cold weather, so still wearing my Christmas padding 😞

Jo, I finally got round to joining a Pilates class. Really to help with the stiffness in my lower back and hips since I hurt my back, but
    it pretty much turns out that nothing works quite as well as it should! Ow, every week something hurts!

So now I’m just slumped by the fire, wondering if I’ve still got the strength after tonight’s session to get my t-shirt over my head…!

24 overnight. 27 now, 9am. 40 predicted. I was up very early giving all the garden a drink before the heat hits.
    It IS overcast, so we might just end up with a humid, muggy day.
    Half fast yesterday. Full fast today. I really don’t need my Christmas padding! 😉😉

Hi P,

No, I don’t need my Christmas padding either! Easier to forget about it though when it’s buried under layers of thermals rather than on show in swimmers! That’ll learn you for living in Australia 😂

Oh Happy, I thought the washing machine had shrunk a couple of dresses, especially around the waist and bust.🤨 Luckily swimmers stretch.
    It IS much easier to hide under thick winter gear, but it doesn’t seem to worry the Polynesian ladies 🤗🤗😏 P

P, 😂

Happy,
    Yes I had a bad experience at Pilates once but a friend has informed me it was the teacher who had a reputation for ‘pushing’ her class. So I am going to give it a chance with a new teacher at my gym. She is newly trained but in her 50’s and more sympathetic to us mature ladies. I can always switch back to yoga.

We ate at the Waterfront today, The Boatshed Cafe, Seafood platter which was lovely but everything in batter, shame. I took off as much as possible. Should have read the menu more carefully. Excellent portion size though, very filling.

Enjoyed Maori presentation in square, lots of singing, dancing and swinging poi. It was being televised so we kept a low profile.

Summer very favourable here, but still windy at my daughters house on the hill.

Happy,
    Yes I had a bad experience at Pilates once but a friend has informed me it was the teacher who had a reputation for ‘pushing’ her class. So I am going to give it a chance with a new teacher at my gym. She is newly trained but in her 50’s and more sympathetic to us mature ladies. I can always switch back to yoga. Having see. The ladies last night I really feel some strength work might be good.

Considering seeing the Terracotta Army now being exhibited at age Papa museum. Not sure whether I have seen them before, in London, I don’t remember it well if so.

We ate at the Waterfront today, The Boatshed Cafe, Seafood platter which was lovely but everything in batter, shame. I took off as much as possible. Should have read the menu more carefully. Excellent portion size though, very filling.

Enjoyed Maori presentation in square, lots of singing, dancing and swinging poi. It was being televised so we kept a low profile.

Summer very favourable here, but still windy at my daughters house on the hill.

Sorry guys tried to delete duplicate post but it refused to disappear

Jo,

I’ve been lucky enough to join a Pilates class run by a trained physiotherapist. She’s very focussed on correct technique, and aware of particular stretches that people who’ve had sciatica should avoid, etc. She shows us an exercise then suggests a harder version if anyone wants it, but doesn’t push anyone. If you can’t do anything she’ll tailor something to what you can do. It’s more expensive than just a Pilates instructor, but with my back history well worth it. I’m only at week 5 but I’m already aware that my back is more mobile.

Oh yeah, and -7 this morning ❄❄❄ I’ve got to go out and see my hens. Seriously thinking about getting rid of my animals so I can stay indoors… !

Morning/evening all,

Coldest night of the year in the UK. It’s -3°C here at the moment but the sun is shining so it looks nice……….

I am fortunate to have the choice to stay home when it is so cold.

Jo,

I love seafood and in my opinion it is best served simply. I cannot understand why anyone wants to cover it in batter.

Happy,

Good to hear that Pilates is helping your back, it certainly helped me and I’m planning on attending a couple of classes at the gym at some point to see which teacher would be best for me.

I’ve been taking it easy exercise wise for the past 5 or 6 weeks. I was in quite a lot of pain at the tail end of last year most of which has disappeared now that the sofas have been reupholstered, and my DIY odyssey wore me out and I had aches in places I didn’t know could hurt so much! It was worth the effort and I’m very happy with my achievements but my body has only just recovered.

I’m virtually pain free and am nervous about returning to the gym in case it sets anything off again but I really miss it. The plan is to return next week and do my usual work out but only half the amount of everything.

I saw Mary Queen of Scots yesterday. Yet another excellent film. We went to a cinema that has recently undergone refurbishment and for half the price of our usual cinema we got huge reclining seats with arm rests. It was very nice to lay back and watch the action.
    We’ll be returning very soon 😀

Have a good one everybody 😜

I have decided to join you folk as this post seems to be active and I lived in Adelaide for 8 years and I feel a remote kinship to the southern hemisphere!
    Ive also just started this fasting Protocol, three weeks now and Ive lost about 4 lbs. This week though geesh: stomach bothered me each fasting day, just a sour stomach and ended up breaking the fast, anyone have ideas on how to soothe the stomach on non caloric liquids?

So I live on the central coast of California where we have a drought most years. this year though we have had 14 inches of rain so far, the most since I moved in in ’12. this is a country town and has no resorts though some of the golf courses like to think of themselves as such. Lots of hills for hiking and no I don’t surf but there is pretty good surfing here. Funky town with lots of music and dancing in the area. lots of us old rock and rollers oh and great blues!
    thanks for letting me in on the group!

Hi AB,

Welcome!

We’re a mixed bunch here as there as several of us in the UK, along with Australians, New Zealanders and one of two others from various parts of the globe who pop in from time to time.

I’m not really sure what you mean by a sour stomach. Maybe you could give us an idea of what you mean and give us an idea of what you usually eat and what you have on fast days so one or some of us can give appropriate tips/advice.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉

The Over 60s Were Home Schooled

Most of our generation of 60+ were HOME
    SCHOOLED in
    many ways

1 My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.

“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”

2 My mother taught me RELIGION.j

“You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”

3 My father taught me about TIME TRAVEL.

“If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”

4 My father taught me LOGIC.

” Because I said so, that’s why.”

5 My mother taught me MORE LOGIC

“If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”

6 My mother taught me FORESIGHT.

“Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”

7 My father taught me IRONY.

“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”

8 My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.

“Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”

9 My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.

“Just you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.

“You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.

“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.

“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times, don’t exaggerate!”

13. My father taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.

“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out…”

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .

“Stop acting like your father!”

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.

“There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like
    you do.”

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.

“Just wait until we get home.”

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.

“You are going to get it from your father when you get home!”

18 . My
    mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.

“If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way.”

19. My mother taught me ESP.

“Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?”

20. My father taught me HUMOR.

“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.

“If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.

“You’re just like your father.”

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.

“Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?”

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.

“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.

25. My father taught me about JUSTICE .

“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”

This should only be sent to the over 60 crowd because the younger ones would not believe we
    truly were told these “EXACT” words by our parents….
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers 😆
    Peace RT

they have California quail in NZ?

Yes, they are an introduced species.

Thanks RT, I think my parents said all of those thing to me at least once 😉 😆

Well done, RT! 🤣🤣 I used my parents’ voices when I read them to my granddaughter (some took a bit of explaining 😉)

Welcome AB. We tend to get droughts, here in Sydney, when you get rain. Similar climate. We’ve just come out of temps pushing 40, and very humid, yesterday, to rain all night and 19 this morning. My plants are thrilled!

I tend to drink LOTS of water and black coffee on fast days, but in winter will have a Miso soup around 4 in the afternoon. It takes time to get used to long fasts. Start by having 3 tiny “feeds”, pushing the first one out to 10:30, then keep pushing until it ends up as lunch, no breakfast. Then do the same with the lunch “food”. Have it later and later until you end up eating only once a day. It takes time, practice and lots of mind games! Eating often is a habit which can be broken with fluid, distraction and perseverance. Good luck. PVE

Okay I wrote a long email to this thread and it seems to have disappeared !I wanted to join this thread as I moved from Adelaide in 2012, and it gives me a kick to hear from that end of the world.
    Ive just started this and have been having a hard time getting ramped up. In about three weeks Ive lost about 3 lbs and I am fasting every other day but the weekend : 3 days a week.
    Id love to manage 2 lbs per week!
    I finally have a scale that I can trust.
    Is anyone losing weight and still drinking a glass of wine on the NF days? Seems like it could be my bugaboo. I really don’t eat a huge amount of nonfat days and other than the occasional lax in exercise I should be pretty good.. but it is not coming off as Id wanted it to.
    Any thoughts?

AB, your post didn’t disappear. You have to look at the page numbers and click on the latest (It’s 102 at present). The site always takes you to the one before! A fault they don’t seem to be able to rectify 🤨
    Did you mean “nonfast” days or “nonfat” days? Quite a difference!
    I find 1 glass of wine on non fast days is not a problem. The occassional 2 (1 at lunch, 1 at dinner) is ok. But frequent drinking is all downhill. Wine is definitely preferable to beer or cider which cause big insulin spikes (the thing that causes day storage)
    P

Welcome AB805,
    Fascinating profile.
    I suffered during the first three months of fasting, severe headaches and obscene temper which was not great for my colleagues at work and my family disowned me but I lost a great deal of weight. I strongly recommend lots of water and green tea if you can stomach it. I am not a coffee drinker but those who are swear by black coffee. Not keen on miso soup but very few calories. My life saver in the early days was zero noodles (8 calories per packet) which is 2 servings, great in a fat free stir fry. Good Luck. We have a very knowledgeable group here and we are not all saints. I am definitely a sinner but fasting and retirement has changed my life and improved my health. I also love music, rock preferably and attend dance classes weekly. I help to run an Active Retirement Group which now has 142 members as at last week so life is pretty busy.
    What do you do to keep yourself busy and to stop you raiding the fridge?

I was kept awake all last night by the horrendous gales here in Wellington and my son now says he has got storms at home in the UK on the South Coast. At least the new baby and my dogs are not concerned that the roof might be lost at any minute. He is currently blocking the porch door as the lock will not hold against the onslaught. Poor postman in the morning will find it difficult to deliver parcels. On the plus side it has kept the snow away.

Off to dinner with Barata and her charming family tonight. I will support her non drinking but I don’t think our other halves will be keen to go without glass of wine or beer. Which reminds me I have a salad to prepare.

Have a good weekend everyone.
    RT – Thanks for the parental life lessons, most of which I grew up with at home.
    Happy and Amazon-I agree it’s all about getting the right exercise that improves flexibility and strength without damaging ourselves which then puts us out of action. If you had seen that circus class this week, it made my muscle burn just watching those full body weight swings. I may get my kettle bells out again and use them very carefully. Happy – you always get what you pay for, I too would use a Physio Pilates teacher. Booked some more private acupuncture too for when I return. Swimming will be first on my agenda though after baby cuddling of course.

I am on holiday in NZ where my daughter lives and I fear I am doing lots of damage. When self catering All is well but meals out are not helping. Luckily or not probably my daughter does not own scales and I forgot my travelling ones. This sums up my dedication at the moment.

2nd clear sighting of Californian Quail in Wellington confirmed both Male and female meet pictures from Internet. I was ready for them this time.

Welcome AB805,
    I am one of the Kiwis on this thread, but a kiwi who flies off to Europe at least once a year for 6 months.

Horrendous gale, Jojo,no, just a wee breeze. Enjoy your meal tonight with Barata. Sorry I can’t be there as I have a ticket I bought a while back for a concert.

Quail à la Wellingtoniaise, Jojo. Bon Appétit.

I thought your Friday contribution made a lot of sense, more than jokes, RT. I was just reading about the Generation Z, who complain if they are challenged in any way. Your common sense would do them a lot of good.
    I was still teaching when the Generation Z were beginning to come to University in 2012. They wanted flatpack Ikea kitset learning all provided by the teaching staff.

Just done a couple of days of good fasting and feeling all the better for it.

Bye from breezy Wellington,
    Wiwi

LOVE your encapsulation of Gen Z, Wi!! 😂

I am quite pleased not to be teaching in that atmosphere where nobody can question anything. I always loved provoking students. Thanks Purple, I guess my comment was a bit dismissive actually.

I’m glad I’m not teaching the offspring of the current crop of parents! 😫😯😜😵🤯🤡

JoJo58 thanks so much for your sensible input, like the idea of putting my stomach in training and starting out with a few small cheats and spreading the time out . Ill give it a go and see if anything happens.Ill keep chipping awayI
    My in-between times, between coffee and tea and walking the dogs and occasional hikes and active evenings is I spent fixing a house here, not that old but old enough to need up keep and it was a wreck when I bought it, so Ive been fixing it up slowly and I go through spates of working on it and long hiatuses. Right now Im expanding my studio into a room that used to be a garage but was not very nicely closed in.
    Its all so I can have one room as tool and storage and the other room can be open to get some artwork done, which I have been putting off a bit recently and give me some wall space.
    thanks you all for your thoughts and input,
    BY the way we are supposed to get 2 inches of rain tonight, fire floods and freezing all over the place!

We have just finished a most enjoyable evening with Jo and her OH – they are being delivered to the station as I speak! The social side is a tremendous bonus of 5:2, love the folks I have met, both physically and cyberly. Missed you, Wi.

What gale, ladies? I slept very well last night. And confession, my alcohol-free February lasted fourteen hours. Work had a team-building session today, in a brewery, where part of the activity was to brew a batch of beer in teams of two. This included a sample tasting, of course, and the day went downhill (uphill) later, when wine was imbibed. However, I am certain alcohol has no part to play in my sleeping patterns.

Very good, RT. I don’t think I heard any of these from my parents, though.

Welcome, AB. Stay warm. I am the permanent New Zealand member of our contingent.

Morning/evening all,

It started snowing at 9.15pm last night and the forecast indicated it would continue all night but thankfully we only got a little bit which has already cleared from roads and pavements and that which has settles on roofs and cars is already melting.

I’m very happy about that as I didn’t want to have to fight my way through snowdrifts to meet my new great nephew who arrived 8 days ago 😀

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Missed your post Barata,

My parents didn’t say all of those thing to me but I recognise the meaning behind many of them and reading RT’s post reminded me how naughty I could be on occasion 😆

I agree 100% about the social side of this thread and I’m hoping that one day I finally get to NZ and meet you and possibly make the somewhat shorter journey to meet Happy’s chickens!

I’m proud of you, B. Alcohol free is no good for anyone’s social life 😉
    Fantastic to hear London is getting snow again, Amazon. Enough to enjoy, but not inconvenience. Perfect!
    I bought some fresh sheep’s haloumi from a local producer up the coast the other day and fried it crisp in oil to top off a slaw salad with leftover bbq’d salmon tonight. DELICIOUS!!P

Re 5:2 mates, I’ve been very lucky to meet so many in the flesh, from Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Wellington, Boston, England and Scotland. All great mates. So much more than a way of eating 😉😉 P

Would you believe, tonight is 20deg cooler than last night. I had to cover my legs with a rug as I watched ‘Shetland 😊

Morning All,
    Lovely evening last night at Chez Barata. Enjoyed using trains and buses here, very clean, tidy, efficient with polite staff at ticket counters, barriers and on train plus bus drivers very friendly. Weather a little inclement on the walk back from the bus stop, we got soaked to the skin actually, of course it stopped as soon as we arrived home.

Ok I am ready to go home for a peaceful nights sleep.I woke at 4.30 am to the song of TUI bird, it’s still squawking now, we’ll not really squawking but whistling and popping. It’s relentless, it must be exhausted, or possible several different birds calling to each other. Charming though they are I could have strangled it this morning. I must get ear plugs for next visit, it’s on my list.

My other half and daughter went off to lunch without me as I was feeling really tired and not up to a social lunch out today. It’s nice to have the place to myself. I got some washing and ironing done and have been reading my book. After lunch they are hoping to pick up 2 rescue rabbits but only if there is a male and female pair available (desexed of course).

AB 805
    This thread has been running for years so naturally if any of us are travelling near another fast tracker we arrange to meet. I think Purple has met everyone now because she travels a great deal. Most of us enjoy the support of fellow fasters.
    Our ‘normal’ non fasting friends can’t really get to grips with this way of life so it’s good to meet others that understand health benefits.

Just take one day at a time and set some realistic goals. When I named this thread I hoped it would be possible to lose 2 lb per week and have occasionally done just that however I am just as capable of gaining that plus some in less than a week. At home I eat a vegan diet and find it suits me well, usually very spicy food. When travelling or eating out I adapt to what is on offer that looks good. Last night we had some very fine sausages cooked on the barbicue, yummy. I have had to learn to be flexible or suffer the frustrations of not getting tasty yet healthy meals. One day I hope to reach my goal but if not I have improved my health in the process which counts for something.

I see you are a sculptor, I am a big fan of Henry Moore especially his large works on public display. I like to draw and paint but just for fun, I love to visit galleries wherever I travel. I particularly like Aboriginal Paintings, so vibrant.

Taking measurements of body parts is useful in the early days as often inches are lost when scales don’t show success.

@jojo58 wow fab reply! thanks so much. I completely understand the need to get home after travelling for some time. So many levels of adjustments no matter how young you are!
    And NZ is long way away from UK, just imagine the snow or chill you are returning to! EEEekkk!

Yes: Henry Moore has been an all time fav. when I was in school in Aberdeen in the 70s we went to his studio and talked with his studio assistant, saw all the molds lying around the fields, and reminded me of the sheep bones you would see in the fields and streams of the lake district. As I was schooled surrounded by all the English and Scottish sculpture up to that time they have a big influence on my work.
    Well if anyone is traveling around the Big Sur in California I’m not too far from the southern end of it, lots of whale watching and hiking,elephant Seals, big hills and chaparelle and some nice fishing towns, cowboy towns as well. All different from where I grew up on the east coast in New England which has its own charms.A I have never travelled to a place that does not have something wonderful going for it.

So nice to be included in this neighborhood, thank you all you the wonderful spirit surrounding this forum

Hi everyone,

It’s a lovely sunny day here. We had more snow yesterday but it didn’t settle as the temperature has gone up a few degrees and there was no frost last night which means no icy roads or paving in this part of the world.

I visited my niece yesterday and as soon as I sat down she handed me her 8 day old son who I’ve christened Nameless until they come to a decision 😉 and I was still cuddling him 45 minutes later 😀💕

It was so nice to spend a couple of hours with the whole family. Big brother (aged 3 & 1/2) has been an angel and is coping very well with his new little brother. However he has other priorities as he put in an advance request for next Christmas. He wants more of the chocolate I bought him as part of his last Christmas present 😆

He is also rather fond of the Christmas cake I made for them and kept asking for “a piece of Aunty Amazon’s cake” which is apparently long gone so I’ll have to make them another before I visit again.

I’m obviously in favour as I even got a kiss when I said goodbye 😊😍

Little people are such a joy, aren’t they, Amazon?
    We have had the pleasure of ‘sleepovers’ with grandchildren during the last couple of weeks. They never cease to amaze us. Louis Armstrong was certainly correct with the line ‘they’ll learn much more than I’ll ever know ‘!!!
    Enjoy your weekend folk, no matter your weather. P

I had the very good fortune to attended a family celebration for a 90th birthday yesterday a beautiful thing however it is interesting the individual groups of 4 generations of humans dietary choices and the body shape of the generations as an interested observer and self-experimenter endlessly fascinating and health and longevity is not everyone’s priority I can assure you. Happy Sunday fast friends.
    RT

We find the same thing RT. I’m very aware of the relationship between people’s eating choices and their body shape. Especially when you see whole families who are obese, when, I’d assume, the parents are not genetically similar. They have to blame choice, not destiny.
    Lovely summer’s day here, after a couple of cool drizzly days that watered the garden nicely.
    I wish Tasmania, with their fires, and the areas in drought still could get some. P

It’s a glorious summer day with 27 degrees and no wind here. Unfortunately the shower that drenched Jo and her OH on Friday didn’t quite make it as far north as this suburb, so the garden and lawn are getting rather thirsty.

Perhaps the tui that is no longer singing us awake in the early hours has moved on to your area, Jo.

It’s all about choices, isn’t it (says the one who has finished up the ice cream! – yum – but I won’t be buying any more).

Hi AB 805 and welcome aboard I am the only male on this team I live In South Austalia. Australia You have made a positive start by joining in the conversation here so. My top4 things to do.
    1. Certainly buy the fast diet book and read it front to back ASAP.
    2. Watch the doco Eat Fast & Live Longer here
    http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/
    3. Read all you can about the fast diet here.
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/
    This is a must read IMO
    4. Jason Fung 26 chapters of information on fasting.
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/

Don’t look for perfection look for improvement.
    “It is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Top quote, RT!! “Don’t look for perfection look for improvement.” 😊😊

Morning All,
    Barata – you finished the ice cream but I am still finishing the salad. It has improved with age because of the dressing.

Well we really enjoyed seeing Masterton Flying Club yesterday. My daughter renewed her flying lessons post Christmas whilst we sat by the pool(if only I had known I could have packed a swimsuit). She practised turns but was not able to take off or land due to wind. We were baking at ground level, slathered in 30 factor.

We then went to lunch at Tivoli in Masterton, great service and food. I had a veggie panini, caramelised onion, cheese, mushrooms and herbs – delicious.

We then stopped at Greytown for shopping. Seriously this place has the best art/craft/gift shops I have seen in NZ. Packed with Artisan Goods. Purchased a gift for my son for his new kitchen – retro for me – industrial modern for him – cast iron trivet. Wonderful drive, spectacular views through mountains back to Wellington.

Finally I was dropped off to ‘rabbit sit’ whilst my other half and daughter shopped for three more hours. They have stamina these two, I was fit to drop with the heat and swollen ankles.

AB 805
    Definitely follow RT’s advice, he is a dedicated faster and wonderful example of a proud family man. Your home sounds wonderful.

Hi everyone,

The weekend was not 2 days of 800 calories due to an unexpected walkout by motivation and self-control. Thankfully they have both returned after a weekend of the see food and eat it diet and got straight back to work yesterday morning.

Yesterday I made a huge batch of food loosely based on an Andean style pumpkin stew recipe which I’ve made a few times before.

I added extra veggies and some tofu which yielded 4 x 400 calorie portions which proved very filling (EDIT: I only ate one portion 😆 )

I added tofu as I’ve realised I’m not eating a sufficient amount of protein and I don’t want to increase the amount of meat I eat.

Today I dusted off my favourite workout video which I can now watch on my TV via youtube, and was pleased with how much of it I was able to do after almost 3 months of doing nothing other than walking. I won’t know until tomorrow whether it has irritated my hip or knee but so far so good and if all is well when I get up tomorrow I might give the gym a try.

I’ve just finished reading Gene Eating by Dr Giles Yeo. He is a scientist based in Cambridge who has spent many years researching the connection between genes and obesity. If any of you saw the Horizon documentary where a group of obese volunteers were divided into three groups Constant Cravers, Emotional Eaters and Feasters, or any episode of Trust me I’m a doctor, you’ll know who he is.

It was a really interesting read, talking about the different genetic variations that can make a difference to whether an individual is more likely to have weight issues or not. It isn’t about blaming ones gens but recognising they might influence how one feels about food and eating. along with dispensing lots of myths and fad diets. It isn’t a diet book and Giles doesn’t give advice, he is merely talking about what he and others in his field of research have discovered.

Hi Amazon i think we are all constantly on the journey for optimal health longevity and weight loss,i like watching reading and learning about that very much. Yfee has been a #gunnado for almost all her life but cannot make the transition to a fasting lifestyle which is why maybe the fast 800 or BSD may be a better fit for her i must balance what i want to say and what i say in this PC world we all now live 😉 I have ramped my fast up this week with Mon Tue fast re feed today Thurs Fri fast as i have a epic weekend in Adelaide planned then a training course there on Mon/Tue.
    I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. Albert Einstein
    RT

Morning/evening all,

A sunny but very breezy day here in London.

This week is going well so far, three 800 days done and dusted.
    I gave myself a shock yesterday. I checked the calorie content of avocado and then weighed what I was about to eat which I guessed was 150 calories. It was 210……

The scales will be used for everything apart from salad leaves from now on.

I’ve also started doing a workout I used to do years ago which is an hour long mix of cardio and strengthening/resistance work. The first day I struggled to complete the number of repeats of several sections but yesterday I nailed it!

The best thing about it is my hip is fine, so I’m going to step up the exercise next week to get back to my previous level.

Morning P gee whiz the vision on ABC News24 is crazy im not sure where in Sydney you reside but i do hope you have got through it ok and with no damage. We have our food and wine festival on today weather overcast heading for a coolish day. A bit pricey for us as a rule $25 to get in each for starters and $15 for a glass of wine you can keep the glass though and carry on 😯 yfee and i always get along to the farmers market on the Sunday and enjoy that and snaffle up some good produce there.
    Have a happy weekend.
    RT

Thanks RT. We were sitting at Circular Quay watching the ferries and yachts being thrown around on the waves, the amazing dark clouds and incredible lightning, over western Sydney. The Opera House sails looked stunning against the blacky, green clouds. Went inside to a concert, and when we came out the Harbour was a magical vision of twinkling lights and cool, cool air. The trains were a bit disrupted, but our place was fine.
    Classic Sydney summer storm. Love ’em! That’s what cools us off. 😊
    I hope SA is getting some rain too. P

Greetings, all.

Jo, I am sure you will be getting weather updates from your daughter so I don’t need to tell you it is another gorgeous Wellington day. The climate has definitely changed – it wasn’t like this when we lived here in the 90s. You will be pleased to know that there is now netting over my lettuce seedlings, to the frustration of the sparrows!

Wi is joining us for dinner tonight, we have agreed no dessert. None of us needs it. So I won’t go shopping for more icecream. Barbeque ribs are marinating as I write 🙂

Love your description of motivation and self-control, Amazon 🙂 Glad they are back. But doesn’t the 800 calorie every day diet sound very like the failed calorie restrictions of the past? I would think it’s just the quality of the food that will work any magic.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,051 through 5,100 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.