Just started thefastdiet, just found the forum – a little bit about me

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Just started thefastdiet, just found the forum – a little bit about me

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jenlo 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone

I started yesterday (Monday) with my first ever fast day. After over-indulging on Sunday with food and wine, pudding and chocolates (it was mothering Sunday here in the UK) I got into bed that night and felt so uncomfortably full, I couldn’t sleep. As I lay there wide awake I knew I had to do something about my weight which has steadily crept up over the last 3 years or so. I feel as if I had a “light bulb” moment as I lay there in the dark – finally recognising that I need to change my attitude to food, that as I now lead a more sedentary working life I can’t continue to eat like I did when I had a more active job. I realise I have been in denial about the changes in my shape – what shape? Not shapely at all at the moment! Refusing to go clothes shopping because I’m too proud to admit I need the next size, being uncomfortable because everything I wear is now too tight, looking in the mirror and not liking what I see…..finally coming to terms with the fact that I need to do something to help myself. I eventually drifted off to sleep.

Yesterday morning I work up full of determination. Having heard about 5:2 I did a bit of on-line research. Reading through all the information I felt quite nervous about whether I’d get through a whole day on so few calories. Previous diets have left me feeling totally fixated about food, with perceived deprivation leading to lack of motivation, leading in turn to lack of success. However, when I found this forum and started reading about people’s weight loss journey it was inspirational – thank you all.

Well, only one way to find out if it would suit me too – try it for the day. I chose what to eat from what was available in our fridge – plenty of healthy salad stuff, making sure I ignored the leftover pudding lurking there! I suppose I could’ve chucked the pudding out but I wanted to test my resolve, besides I hate wasting food – part of my problem probably!

I’m delighted to say that yesterday didn’t seem endless. I felt satisfied by what I ate and most importantly to me, I didn’t seem to spend the entire day thinking about food, about what I couldn’t eat or was missing out on. I made sure I kept myself busy and kept myself hydrated with plenty of water, something I’ve become very bad at doing. I made time to fit in some exercise. So far so good. I’ve resisted jumping on the scales this morning – I’ll try and leave it until next week.

I’m going to have an ordinary day today and try another fasting day tomorrow. Oh and that leftover pudding…..I’m so pleased with myself that I managed to avoid it yesterday I don’t feel the need to eat it up today – someone else in the family can enjoy it.

Welcome exdolly…

it’s very doable, a bit hard the first few weeks but you soon get used to it….join a thread, it helps a great deal, helping you with questions and answers someone there to help and chat to..

See if one of them catches your eye, what suits you and join in. We have all been there the clothes tight, you don’t want to buy, you buy the next size, and the next size, a holiday, then a bit bigger, the bikini photos….umm

As you say the lights gone on…and you want to be healthy..

Good luck in your journey

X

Hi symba7

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I’ve been reading through loads of the threads on here – it all seems a bit bewildering at the moment.

Dolly x

I share your struggles. I have been reading posts for a couple of days but was not ready to join. Started last Monday and today is the first fd of week 2. I have not added exercise in yet .
    Fasting going surprisingly well. I worry I am eating too many calories on nfd. Are you keeping track of calories on those days and have you joined in any posts yet ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.