Just started ( back to back ) 2 day fasting! 😊

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Just started ( back to back ) 2 day fasting! 😊

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AussieAustrian 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Just wanted to say hi and that I’d started 😊 Looks good so far 😊

Hi Tish and welcome:

Not sure why you want to start with back to backs . . .

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Simcoeluv,

I think it was an accident – I was faffing around trying to sort out calories and good, but healthy meal plans for the non fast days – looked at TDEE and my sedentary activity and even planted everything into a calorie counter to keep track and practise / weigh stuff / portion control / etc – I got so busy 2nd day doing all that and learning about everything that I’d gotten through another half day of reduced calories – but I thought – ah well I’ll just carry on and see then – Woke up this morning and have lost over 3lb 😳 I’m sure this is mainly water, but have shrunk my carb bloated waistline too – the bathroom scales even look surprised 😳

Hi Tish:

That’s nice.

As long as you know that rate of weight loss will not continue.

Good Luck!

Yes, I’m sure it will pan out evenly and be more manageable / maintained when I get to target 🙂 Weight loss X

Non fast day breakfast – just stopped with some left over food ( never ever had left over food on my plate ) so I imagine something fabulous and ‘ naturally limiting’ is occurring – but I’ll keep on and see X
    Cup of tea, beans on x2 whole grain toast , 2 slices ham – 80gm of blueberries and some milk ( left half the beans ) and only a few spoons of blueberries – feel full 😳 Wasnt expecting that – I’ll see how I get on at lunch – will make smoothie with the left over blueberries later – gave my beans to husband

Nothing wrong with back to back fasting, it’s just harder to sustain when you are starting out, I think. A friend who has lost plenty on 5:2 always uses back to back fasting. I’ve not tried it but plan to this week as life plans are interfering with one of my FDs. Jason Fung is all for them.

Hey Thanks Apricot, I’m just getting the hang of it ( Thursday and Friday Fast days and looking forward to the next 2 day fast ( from tomorrow )- I’ll look up the Jason Fung guy too. I’m planning to maintain with 1 day fast and calorie counting ( using an app ) thereafter so far so good 4.8lbs lost by this morning, but ill know more when I log my weight on Thursday and will check on any additional drop ( if any )on Saturday 🙂

Fasting is good but you need to drink water at the same time otherwise your skin will be dry and you’ll get another problem, just believe me!

Well done Tish, I started the same way and found believe it or not the two day fast was easy compared to the others where I just on day two after the fast wanted to eat everything. So am now going to try alternate fast days. I dont think just having the TDEE guide is enough or I throw out my fridge and go bush for the non fast days. What am I thinking!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.