Just started, 6:2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dodgerroger 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi I ve just done my first fast and I wanted people’s options on doing 6:2. I work shifts 4 on 4 off days, 12 hr shifts from 6am- 6pm. I found it relatively easy to do when I’m at work so I intend to fast for my first 2 days and then have 6 days off. Do you think I’ll loose weight with this ratio. I am looking at loosing a stone, I am over weight but not massively. Any opinions greatly appreciated

Hello dodgerroger, so your plan is to fast 2 out of 8 days instead of 2 out of 7 days?
    If I’m understanding that correctly, then your weight loss might be somewhat slower compared to the conventional 5:2, but it should still work. Also your fast days won’t be regular, but I guess you can plan this according to your shift schedule?
    If you’re able to incorporate exercise into this mix it would also help – I’m speaking with experience. Diet and exercise is the best combination.
    How did your first fast day go?
    All the best :o)

I found it quiet easy surprisingly, I have an active job so it kept my mind off the hunger. I do a lot of cycling usually between 60 and 100 miles a week depending. To me the days are regular as it will always be my first two days of work but yes 2 day fast out of six. I’m not sure I could manage it on a day off work but I my try as I get more accustomed to it

So, you’re well set for the task – that’s great! Active job (either mentally or physically) definitely helps to keep your mind off food on FDs 🙂

60-100 miles a week is very impressive dodgerroger! My cycling is pretty basic in comparison – max 10-15 miles/week. Will get close to 25-30 on a good weekend if I sign up for a group ride.

I love cycling, and with 4 days off in between work I have no excuse even with 2 young kids

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.