Just joined for the June Challenge

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chepkorir Rotich 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello to everyone !

I’m hoping you are all well and can help me out a little. I am new to this but have read lots about it so going to give it a go. June will be difficult for me as I have just had a knee operation , too much running and horseriding. None of that for me for 6 weeks but I can walk!

My eating habits lately have not been good and I need to start taking control and losing weight as I’m just going up and up and up on the scales. My hormones I am sure are all over the place since coming of the depo contraceptive injection and some days I can be 6llb up and the next 6 llb down ???

Anyway I am taking control . Be nice to hear from someone xxx

Hi

I have just joined today. I too need to take control of my eating. I’m keen to learn how to get the best out of the 5 : 2. I have done it before and found it to be easier than other diets. I’m currently looking for meal plans so I can plan ahead and try and minimise the hunger lol. I’m used to “guilty” eating, as I call it. Eating too fast, each time. So I’ll be looking to slow down and savour what food I eat from now on . So here goes, good luck to both of us!

Hi Mellor123 – I’ve added you to the June Challenge spreadsheet and as soon as Day 1 (June 1st) is upon us, you’ll see lots of support and advice being posted on that forum with people glad to answer your questions.
    @tazsaz13 – would you like to join in the June Challenge? If so I shall gladly add you to our spreadsheet. If you would like more information, please take a look at:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/june-2017-30-day-challenge/#post-209558

This is the link to The June 2017 Day Challenge forum.

Hi all,

I am new to this also and up for the June challenge.

I decided a year or so ago that I really needed to lose weight.My starting weight was 180 lbs and I am 5 ft 6 ins tall. I started last April ( 2016) by using a Fitbit and walking 10,000 steps a day. I did this for about 8 weeks and managed to lose 10 lbs and then ran out of the mental motivation to continue at that time. My weight has remained the same since then and I became motivated again recently by reading about the 5:2 diet . Last week I decided that I was going to have another attempt at losing more weight . I have a medium term goal of my son’s wedding in August which I would like to look trimmer for and i have a longer term goal of reaching 133 lbs which would put me in the middle of the appropriate BMI for my height .

I started my first day on May 22 and decided to fast on Mondays and Fridays ….. so today is my third fast day . I also decided that in order to get a good calorific deficit that I am going to walk 10,000 steps each day and I started that again last Monday . To date i feel that my energy levels are up and I have managed to cope with the fast days pretty ok. I never liked breakfast much anyway so I skip that fine and just keep going until the evening when I have a reasonable meal. It is making me look at the calories more and I drink water when i start to feel peckish.

When I weighed this morning after exactly one week I had lost 2.8 lbs. I have been reading the posts on here and think the support is great so am hoping I can keep going longer this time with a bit more of a feeling of camaraderie!!!! I’m in for June !!!

Please may I be added to the June challenge. Just started 5:2 today and I will read up all about the challenge when I get home. Off to buy some good scales now.
    Thanks.

Hi – please count me in for the June challenge! I dabbled in the 5:2 last year but got side tracked and lost my mojo. I have my mojo back!

I was diagnosed with breast cancer this past February and I am keen to reduce my weight. I am currently 189 pounds and seeking to reach 149. Please include me in the June challenge. Need all the motivation and information I can get to keep on this journey!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.