June 2019 challenge

This topic contains 747 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 749 total)

• Day 19 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Quick check in, have managed to read everyones posts but no time to reply – thoughts are with you all!

Pocket list Day 19:
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick check in as I can hear DH moving about. So was hungry in work all say yesterday, but so was the rest of my team, we just had a slack day. Luckily the fruit delivery arrived so I had a op each and a clementine instead of hitting the vending machine (which I have never done despite being there a year!)

Lovely NFD evening having my meal outside on the sunny patio watching the birds on the feeder. Yes, there was some wine.

No gain today though 💃

Fasting today – chicken and spinach salad for main meal later. Have a great day all.

Pocket list Day 19
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Easy peasy FD yesterday. And a whopping 100gm loss showing on the scales. I’ll take it. As @jaifaim says, this is supposed to be a slow process. If I don’t hit my target this month, there’s always the next one. Just 1.4 kgs off my target now.

I wish I could offer some profound words of wisdom for those who are struggling; but I can’t. When it comes to FDs though, I think a single-minded, focused, almost masochistic approach goes a long way towards success. And planning. Decide what you will eat on your FD, and stick to it! I’m not great at NFDs; still trying to figure those out. But on FDs, once I’ve decided I’m doing one, NOTHING will derail me. Absolutely nothing. If things get tough I just focus on tomorrow. I know I will enjoy tomorrow’s NFD so much more with another successful FD behind me. Especially if it’s reflected on the scales. Just do it! ✔

Happy hump day to everyone! 🐫

Day 19 – Reading, UK – FD

Oh, what an inspirational post @funshipfreddie! That’s the attitude I need – I’ve just changed from a CD to a FD and might print out your post. I’ve just got one more day before I go on holiday, and need a bit of slimline anything to fit into the dresses I’ve packed … I’ve now scrolled up to @daffodil2010‘s post – also massively inspirational. Just the shot in the arm I need. Happy hump day tout le monde, onwards and downwards.

Day 19 – Iceland – CD

@michelinme – belated happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

@annemarilyn – excited to hear more about your egg fast, I need to try something new, as the old is not working atm…

Still haven’t lost a gram since June 1st, and this has not happened to me before when fasting diligently… it has always worked! But now, I have been trying different variations, TRE, 16:8-22:2 and 2 OMADs/week, even did one WFD, and had one EFS in the slight hope of a whoosh… but the scales are more stubborn than ever!
    Lots of inspiring posts, so I will keep on trying and hopefully get off this plateau soon.

Have a great day everyone🌼

Day 19, Boston USA

Today’s plan: FD, 20 minutes of yoga, and a run of any length

Yesterday’s plan – NFD, Run >=1 mile

Well, I definitely did the NFD *really* well, as I totally overate. I didn’t run. It was raining, but I feel like it was warm enough that if I had planned correctly I could have gone out. Next time I’ll make sure I put out/pack up my running clothes based on the weather and have at least two possible windows of time in mind. I was also unusually sedentary in general.

Steps: 9,365

Thanks to all for the encouragement and reassurance. I really appreciate it.

@rabbette – thanks for the water tip! I do well with total water consumption during the weekdays, but maybe I’ll try using it to address my tendency to eat mindlessly.

@ciren2 – aw, thank you. We’ve got this! And you’re right – the activity piece is something I’m trying to keep up with, especially because it makes me feel so much better, and hopefully will put me in a better place to figure out the food part.

@funshipfreddie – that was actually inspiring, ha! I think I do just need to lean into the masochism and once I get through a couple of fasting days I’ll have some momentum.

@borealis – it’s so frustrating when you follow the plan and see no results. Demoralizing! Nice work sticking with it, as the benefits are also not scales alone. Maybe start counting some non-scale victories to see if it will keep you energized? Also, did you recalibrate what a regular/maintenance amount of calories are after some loss?

I think a lot of my eating is misdirected self-care. I’ve got a pretty busy job and two fun kids and community involvement, but it’s a lot going on and I’ve been feeling behind and overwhelmed on all fronts. I’ve associated getting some alone time to chill with eating, and I’ll need to break that association. I think I also need to establish more routine. I’ve let my eating become grazing whenever I have a chance instead of eating proper meals at proper times. Not ready for that this week yet, but this weekend I’ll see how I can make sure that happens.

Pocket list Day 19
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @hedwig6, no REALLY this time

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Proud of myself for my 415 calorie FD yesterday. Salad with olive oil pan-warmed chicken & mushrooms – very satisfying. Also did yoga last evening. This Friday our town is doing a gathering for “International Day of Yoga” on the summer solstice. My teacher is going to be part of it — quite a first for our town.

@borealis – I’m stumped along with you as to why no loss despite all the FD’s (no matter what form). I know the 2nd time I tried South Beach Diet, the scales also did not move despite 2 weeks of ZERO carbs. Does our body get complacent and used to what we’re doing? I wish I knew. Maybe you’re just like me, at maintenance?

Hand in there, everyone — together we are stronger.

Onward and downward.

Day 19 FD

I had a great time at The Big Apple, but it feels good to be back. We picked up our newest addition to the family –GingerNugget- yesterday and I am slightly bleary eyed from lack of sleep and hanging on by my fingernails

@funshipfreddie I agree with your thoughts about FD, with regards to NFD I had an aha moment a few weeks ago ‘I can either eat whatever I want all the time, or I can have the figure that I want all the time” It really clarified things for me in a way I had never thought of. Although that cheesecake looks really good, is it worth my waist line? Most of the time the answer is no and I can walk away. Like you said “Just do it!”

@borealis stick with it, your whoosh is a-coming and as you acknowledged, the changes are happening on the micro level where you cannot see it, hopefully you can feel it and the scales will reflect a loss for you soon

Pocket list Day 19
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames

Day 19 UK FD

Today’s an unexpected FD bc not eaten. As my mother’s coming over tomorrow and will expect Proper Tea, it feels like a good idea to get one under my belt.

V late night yesterday hitting my “end of the day” deadline & really feeling it today. Cancelled commitments so I don’t have to go into town until Friday, now resting up while catching up with a few bits. Lots of juggling competing deadlines atm so even more important to practice good self-care – inc planning what I eat. Last night I didn’t break to cook at stove but had baked sweet potato and a whole packet of vegan sausages! Heading for cauliflower, asparagus and vegan cheese now then perhaps a baked apple with vegan yogurt

@snowflake56 My FD have slipped into feeling as tho I’m punishing myself atm! I love your idea of eating fave healthy foods instead 🙂

@basyjames welcome back – and congrats on your new puppy 🙂

@borealis thank you for birthday wishes! Sorry you aren’t seeing any results at the moment but hang in there.. bc not all progress is measured on the scale. On my 10 month plateau I lost 10cm each from hips, waist & bust and my fat suit shrank down 3 whole clothes sizes! This WOL works – it just may not be in things we are measuring. Keep going, trust the process and the results will come x

Onwards – heading for a v early supper, bath and bed by 8pm!

Pocket list Day 19
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

Day 19 California NFD

Pocket list Day 19
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44

Day 19 UK FD
    Day 18 UK FD
    Day 17 UK FD
    Day16 UK NFD

it’s been a while since my last post. And far too many to catch up on right now.

Fasting going well but managed to scoff some last minute carbs last night after eating a salad! But I did run 3 miles so I think I was about balanced. But that’s not really the point of exercise! Good news that my calf survived though. Another test coming up tonight 😀👍

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, MFD

Getting slowly back into the high maintenance range. Lowest weight since I came back from pastry filled Austria. 😊

@snowflake56: My snoring dog next to me is so relaxing! 🐕😴😊

@basyjames: Wishing you lots of fun with GingerNugget! 🐕❤😊

Off with my puppy to meet DH for coffee ☕ at the patio of our closest coffee shop. 😊

Have a good Wednesday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 19, VA, USA, FD

MMMMM Cold BREW! Yes finally early enough to order and enjoy it! Yesterday was a FAB – I suppose I would call it CD almost FD it was just a hair bit over 500 prob more like 600 b/c I had made a dessert on Sunday to use up these fabulous fresh blueberries from a local farm. It was a vegan blueberry cobbler with a very low amount of sugar. So really the only thing that would get me a bit, would be the carbs from the oats on top. AND I have to say, keeping it mindful having a small serving, I still lost -1 lb on the scale the next day. WHICH is what I noticed I get from a FD.

So yay – yesterday I gave up the Crackers, ENJOYED a nice size portion of tuna salad for lunch, ATE supper of Veggie soup and enjoyed a serving of dessert! *and still had the scale show a loss (which does not happen easily for me with the scale!)

׺°”˜”°º× Yay - Progress! ׺°”˜”°º×

Must celebrate little steps -I know I would normally just EAT HUGE portions and loads of crackers. I love crackers, I also like making a conscious decision to not feel deprived of them, but a choice that I WANTED the veggies.

NOTE for Beginner Planks:
    @betsylee, @songbirdme, @jaifaim
    *when I said use the counter it means hold the EDGE of the counter… Like you are trying to push the edge of the counter away from you to make the room bigger *thats the best description I can give with just words and no pictures* lets see if I can find a photo of that…. OK scroll down to #3 Countertop push ups (and I like that they are pushups) – look at the hands.. see how they are angled on the side of the counter, not on top of the counter. https://losetofit.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/top-9-amazing-exercises-to-lose-arm-fats/

@jaifaim – Right on – Glad it helped! As a curvy yoga teacher AND someone who was not an athlete but did love the balance and stability they learned from yoga. I WANT to be a TEACHER that inspires folks at any age, any flexibility (or lack there of) to do yoga. To get stronger and to know its about the small steps to fulfill the big picture.

@betsylee – eeeeeeeeeep so exciting NEW GingerNugget! How old? And is this a doggie? Or Kitty (sorry I missed that announcement somewhere…)

@penz – must slay the cracker dragon! «——•}I|[

@daffodil2010 – Great decision on the Clementine! PS my nasturtiums are awesome! Thank you for the suggestions. I’m working on getting some more edible flowers into the garden.

@funshipfreddie – oh you humble soul. THIS is GREAT advice “𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐅𝐃, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭!” And it is exactly how I approach a FD! With a mental game plan! I feel the same way about NFDs that they are a bit more all over the place (although I am finally mentally making progress on SOME of my NFDs!)

@ktcaroline – thats the spirit. Create a game plan. Stick to it. Plan out what you are going to eat on the FD, and know that the NFD is only a DAY AWAY!

@annemarilyn – I did an egg fast last month. While I lost some weight *while eating eggs and felt full* My digestive system got a bit wonky TMI alert:::: (I got just slightly constipated) During the egg fast, I could not seem to drink enough water. I decided WF was actually easier for me *and over all felt better.

@johnnyr – yay for your calf. Recovery after an injury feels like it TAKES 4-EV-ER! And I found that I have re-injured myself coming back too soon! So then its like WHEN???? WHEN can I do it!!!! And WTG with 3 fasting days in a row!

@redrockgirl302 – mmmmmm pastry filled Austria.- Oh wait… keep at it! Sans pastry.

DAY 19 Pocket list

@snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @rabbette

Choose a choice that lets you get closer to your goals in life and with each choice we get better at choosing (even when we make a wonky choice) we learn and choose better next time. You guys/gals got this!

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – Egg Fast day#3

So enjoying our sunny days! Glad you got some too @daffodil2010.

@borealis – I only recently heard about the Egg Fast and went on line to explore. ketogenicwoman.com and ibreatheimhungry.com were 2 sources I found. In 2 days the scale is down 5.2 lbs. and I’m eating. On good WFDs I might go down that much but as soon as I put a morsel of food in my mouth the scale went up. I’ve been bouncing around for months, so was just going to try this to hopefully shake things loose. I have a BPC (coffee with 1 Tbsp MTC oil & 1 Tbsp butter – frothed)in the morning. Then I still eat in about an 18:6 window. So about 11:00-11:30 I eat my 1st “egg” meal (there are some varied recipes to use on the sites I mentioned.) I may have a stringed cheese for a snack if hungry. Then a 2nd “egg” meal in the afternoon/evening closing the eating window about 5:00-5:30, depending on when I had the 1st meal.

@Rabette – sorry the Egg Fast didn’t work well for you. I was leary, but so far so good. I’m also looking at the information how to reintroduce more foods to minimize regaining the loss made. I’m enjoying the different recipes available so I’m not bored. I’m not sure, but thinking of going 5 days on it and then start the transition. BTW thank you for the exercise link you shared.

Together we can do this!

Day 20, Canberra, FD

Thick frost and minus temperatures overnight. Brrr!! I envy those in the northern hemisphere who can enjoy meals outside in the sun (looking at you @daffodil2010, @RedRockGirl)

@basyjames: “I can either eat whatever I want all the time, or I can have the figure that I want all the time” – so true!!

Thanks for the links re the Egg Fast @annemarilyn. I like eggs and need a push in the downward direction so will look into this.

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

just a quick check in today, busy day ahead.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

No weight loss nor weight gain after my FD. Feeling constipated again. I have upped my consumption of cashews and walnuts recently, do they have something to do with not being regular? It’s a problem I have not suffered from really, I was the other way.

Glorious sunny morning. It’s almost midsummer 😀

So facing into a busy weekend and week ahead. There is a summer BBQ with work tomorrow evening, then lots of stuff to do around the house to make it presentable this weekend (it’s been storage for camper van parts for months), because next weekend I am throwing a house party for DH’s 50th. 😨 Lordy, should have gone to a venue but now I am committed 😳

@rabette Nasturtiums are great aren’t they? Lovely peppery leaves, sweet flowers, and look FAB. Mine are still at the leaf stage but buds soon I hope.

Have a greatThursday everyone

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Another FD today. They do come around quickly when you’re doing ADF! Going to keep busy most of the day painting the lounge, and will only eat at around 6pm.

@ktcaroline & @hedwig6 – thanks! I’m so glad you found my post inspirational!

@basyjames – yes, that’s so true. It’s all about choice. I’m motivated more by staying healthy, although vanity plays a part too. I know guys my age & younger who are on several types of medication for blood pressure, diabetes etc, and who get breathless just walking to the car. I can eat what I like all the time and feel like crap too! Or I can follow this WOL and have the occasional treat. I probably enjoy my couple of squares of chocolate more than someone who mindlessly devours an entire bar in a few seconds.

Best of luck to today’s fasters!

Day 20 – Iceland – FD

Thanks to all for your encouragement and reassurance! This forum is the best, and I know that if I hadn’t been fasting these last three weeks, I would have gained a couple of kgs, so when I think of that alternative, I am actually thankful that I am “just” plateauing 🙂

@hedwig6 – I hope you had a great FD! I agree, I always found it easy to fast when the results were immediate, but when there is no obvious sign of the fast working, that is when real discipline is needed (I guess that will also be my challenge when I reach maintenance). Good reminder about the maintenance calories, might have to do some calculations 🙂

@songbirdme – I wish I was at maintenance, but neither my BMI nor waist/hight ratio is anywhere near “healthy”🙈 but I have been asking myself the same question, if the body gets complacent? Therefore I like to do as variated a fast as possible, in the hope that my (already somewhat lazy) metabolism will not stop working altogether😅 Btw midsummer yoga sounds lovely, must be very invigorating☀️

@michelinme – thank you for your very wise words 🙂 3 clothes sizes is AMAZING! 🥳

@basyjames and @redrockgirl302 – congratulations on your new family members🐶❤️

@annemarilyn – thank you for sharing your experience with the egg fast, it sounds good and I might try it out next week 🙂

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @borealis

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    A beautiful sunny (SUNNY!) morning here today….what happened??
    My day off, so trying not to overdo the eating. Just about to take the dog out. Later, this afternoon, I have my doctors’ appointment to discuss my painful hip/buttock/hamstrings and opposite knee….
    @hedwig6: Dare I ask….how did you get on with fasting yesterday? Or, be like me, and go with the flow…
    @funshipfreddie: Oh to have your mental stamina on a FD!
    @redrockgirl302: Hey,doggy school today? Tell us how you get on.

Day 20, Boston USA – FD, short (1-1.5 mile) run, yoga

Day 19 Plan – FD, 20 mins yoga, run of any length

I did it! Finally did an actual FD, clocking in at 316 cals, thanks entirely to the support here 🙂

Ran 4 miles. Totally forgot about yoga. Whoops!

Steps: 21,636

@ciren2 – Thanks for checking in. And I hope you have a productive meeting with the doctor. It’s certainly hard to stay motivated when you’re in pain. And it seems that your line of work only exacerbates (and possibly causes?) your issues. Hang in there!

@borealis – It did go well, thanks! Have you used the SailRabbit calculator for BMR/TDEE?

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

I find it really useful, because I can muck around with number of fast days, and also know what maintenance calories would be in a few pounds or at my goal weight, and adjust downwards gradually.

@funshipfreddie – Thanks! I literally DID think to myself yesterday that I needed to embrace the masochism. It helped a lot! (What does that say about me, hmmm…)

Going for back to back for a little momentum, so:

Day 20 pocket list
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @borealis
    @hedwig6

Day20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in – off shortly to town and a variety of activities. Ah, the life of a retired person. Somehow, I do believe we teachers manage to stay very busy after retiring.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 – Reading UK – CD

A quick check in before I start the long drive down to the south of France. Two weeks of sunshine and long walks. I’m not going to be fasting, but will try and eat healthily. I’ll check in occasionally to get my regular dose of inspiration from you lovely lot :-). Onward and downwards tout le monde!

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Busy day today. Morning walk with puppy, a friend is coming over for coffee ☕ and a walk 🚶‍♀️🐕🚶‍♀️ in an hour, at noon first vet 👩‍⚕️ appointment for Mick 🐶 (will hopefully not be too traumatic for him), 2 friends stopping by at 4pm because ‘they have to see the baby’ and at 6pm puppy school!

I am almost back in maintenance, my 117 to 122 pounds range, weighing in at 122.2 this morning. 😊

@borealis: Thank you! 🐕❤
    @ciren2: Yes, I will. 🐕🎓
    @ktcaroline: Have fun in Southern France!

Have a good Thursday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 20 UK FD

Quick check in. Good FD so far today. Went over 800 kcal yesterday but at least I managed to fast until 8pm first!

Good progress being made by many here. I hope I can log a weekly loss at tomorrow morning’s weigh in. I do seem to be losing belly fat, But I may need liposuction for other bits of me 🤣

Day 20 UK NFD

Hi everyone Back from my hols and keen to get back in the swing of things Will catch up on everyone’s posts over the next few days and after my epic eating and drinking tour of Italy will start ramping down ready to fast on Monday

Day 20, VA, USA, CD

I’m inspired to keep today as a CD as I keep ticking down the scales and quite excited about that. I also want my body to feel nourished but also feel like, it can still let go of what ever it doesn’t need.

This weekend, I’m feeling motivated to just enjoy the show and not really indulge in drinking. I mean I love having a good stout or cocktail but we will be out at a show and I like not fussing about with a drink, unless its water. So I presume lots of dancing and hopefully the weather holds out and stays good for sunday, because we have lawn tickets sunday!

Today i made a veggie salad with a dash of mayo, and it didn’t quite satisfy me, like the tuna salad i had Tuesday. So I cooked an egg and had a slice of cheese with it. Feeling better now.

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – day 4 of Egg Fast

Yay, scale still moving downward. So far from 206 down to 199.6 this morning. Planning to go for 5 days and then 5 days of transitioning back to regular LCHF, as described by others who have gone before.

@Rabette – I’m glad your scale has continued to move downward. I think what we do after the FD is so important to maintain the downward direction. Good for you!

@funshipfreddie – again, I do appreciate your way of thinking that you shared today. The way we think is essential for ongoing achievement of our goals!

@ktcaroline – enjoy your vacation in France!

Together we can do this, if we choose to 🙂

Day 20 UK FD!!!

Moved FD yesterday bc my 80yo mother was coming to tea today. Really good OMAD with cauliflower with grated coconut cheese, asparagus, vegan fish fingers, tomato and lots of fizzy water. Couldn’t eat it all, so under 500 – best for ages 🙂

Woke up feeling my fat suit had shrunk for the first time in a while, and fasted through to 4pm. Just realised that the strawberries and vegan icecream only came to 240 so i’ve got space for supper and still bag a FD – yay! My first b2b in months 🙂 Feeling back on track after a good week & actually looking forward to weekly weighday tomorrow.

Very bitty day otherwise, trying to fit in loads of stuff to be ready for busy 4 days. I NEVER normally fit in this much, and juggling deadlines for 4 projects simultaneously while keeping up with family things is pretty tricky. Like fasting, it’s all in the preparation 🙂

Wishing you all a good day, whatever your plans. It just takes one good day to get reset x

@hedwig6: To you…WELL DONE! You DID it.

Doctors’ appointment a waste of time really. Managed to get some stronger painkillers to use sparingly as needed….no advice other than I’m already doing all that can be done, hold onto something when climbing steps/slopes to ease the load where possible (as if, I didn’t think of that)! Keep doing the exercises. Sigh.

Day 20_Atl,Ga-USA-CD

Day 21 – Japan – WFD #45 (days 19 & 20 were NFDs)

@lilymartin mentioned I must be close to my goal. That is true on body size but not true on weight. My weight has increased several kg over the last year. However I can now wear the pants I couldn’t last year because they were too tight then. My upper body is bigger around my shoulders and maybe some on my back. However I still have plenty of fat to lose. It is like peeling an onion. Take a layer off and just find another layer.

My lowest weight was 76kg and my goal was 75kg. Maybe that was unrealistic. I could probably get there if I stopped working out, but then that would be a different issue. I still have about a handful of stubborn belly fat, but most of the fat seems to be around my lower back. My legs are hard and don’t seem to have much fat and frankly I don’t have much of a butt. My arms have a bit more fat than my legs, but not much. My face has lost too much fat.

I keep up the fasting more because I’m feeling good rather than trying to reach a goal. If something happens and I can’t fast, it isn’t a big deal. However for now I’m going to keep it up. The truth is I love to eat so I’m probably eating more than I should in just five days. At least it is healthier than what I used to eat.

Day 20 Ohio, US — NFD (68 bites)
    Day 18 — NFD (?? bites)
    Day 19 — MFD

Monday was a good NFD, but Tuesday (Day 18) was pretty rough, one of the roughest since my dog passed. I thought that I was going through the grieving process pretty well, but on Tuesday I went up to Michigan to see my acupuncturist. Now I’ve been doing that about once a month for 13 years, so for close to 150 trips. Tuesday was the first time I made that trip without my dog. As the day went on, and every scene brought back another memory, I got more and more melancholy. On my way home, I stopped to do some shopping, as I almost always have done, and everything would have been okay, when they played in the background music Karen Carpenter singing, “Yesterday Once More.” It’s a beautiful song, but oh so sad! I just about fell apart. A good measure of emotional eating that night!

I decided to make yesterday a MFD to compensate, and today seem to be recovering. If only it would stop raining! Some bright sunshiny weather would help my spirits a whole lot!

Hope everyone has a great Solstice celebration!

Day 21, NFD, Canberra

PFDS! 🙂 had one of those obvious aha moments last night. I usually do a water only FD (including milk in my coffee) but last night my OH was stamping around the kitchen and I asked him to bring me a slice of cheese. He did so – it was a lovely inch-square thin piece, like you get with those airline cheese and cracker packets. If I had cut myself a piece of cheese, it would have been the shape and size of a new release mobile phone. And I only needed a little taste to be feel satisfied. Thank you OH!

@daffodil2010 – gl prepping the house. Do you eat your nasturtiums? They always look and taste fab in salads.

@borealis – nothing wrong with plateauing esp if you’re not fasting!

So sorry your doctor’s appointment was underwhelming, @ciren2 but at least you know you’ve been doing the right thing by yourself. The fact the sun was shining had me feel much more optimistic for a better outcome for you!

Yay to you, @hedwig6!!!
    Enjoy your break @ktcaroline – lots of walking will help offset yummy French food. Mmmm.

Busy doggy day for your @RedRockGirl. It’s so rewarding having a pooch in the family.

Tell us more about Italy, @brightonbelle!

I think I missed what show you’re seeing this weekend @rabbette. I like the idea of dancing in the sun.

I can hear you revelling in PFDS yourself @michelinme, doubly so! Great feeling.

Doing well, @dykask. From your description, seems you are very much on goal even if your scales are telling you something else.

Sending you hugs @matpi.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 21 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Weighed in at 70.4 this morning, it’s been an incredibly tough month, coupled with the inability to do much exercise except for walking (and the weather is pretty terrible), so I’m surprised that I haven’t put on more. I’ll just keep at it, trying to stay lower carb, and do things to try support my mental resiliance.

Lots of post to catch up on, hope everyone is having a great friday.

Day 21, Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Just a quick call in before work.
    @dykask: You are fasting for the many health benefits other than weight-loss, remember. From your exercise routine it sounds as if you have a pretty healthy body now.
    @gretta: I guess that’s why I haven’t heard DD bragging about the hot, sunny weather down there recently!!

Day 21, Emden Germany, FD

Pocket list day 21

@dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

The scales this morning told me I’ve lost another whopping 200g grams. So it’s taken me 20 days to lose 800g! That gives me only 10 days to lose 1.2kgs. I guess it’s not called a ‘Challenge’ for nothing. Still, I’m heading in the right direction ⬇️

@hedwig6 – oh, well done! 316 cals AND a 4 mile run!! 👏 Checking out sailrabbit.com – interesting!

Have a great day everyone 🌞

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Summer solstice and longest day of the year! The sun rises at 4:57 and sets at 21:58 with a glorious half light in between. There is some light in the sky at all times. Love it.

I would say it’s a longer day for you @borealis ☺️

So, not such a good day yesterday. Cupcake, popcorn, wine 😨

And have already started today not in a good way as I just had to have a slice of granary bread with cheese with my coffee. I don’t eat until lunch on work days but hey ho. Hoping I haven’t unleashed the dragon but I Probably have. We have a BBQ with work tonight, drinks etc, so going to just have a nice day.

Fab sunny weather at last, perfect for a summer solstice BBQ ☺️

I have now completed 21 days of the shred, but am gaining weight, so like @dykask, I am reckoning it’s muscle. Certainly my abs feel tighter. And I feel healthier due to the WOL, so an occasional cupcake blip (which wasn’t all that nice actually) will not unravel me.

Loving all the inspiration from our male colleagues the past day @funshipfreddie, @johnnyr, @dykask….and as you said @funshipfreddie, there are people the same age on meds for blood pressure, panting going to the car….so very true, but not me! So thankful for that.

Have a great summer / winter solstice everyone 🤗

Day 21 UK NFD

So back at the gym this morning – a nice gentle easing back in Pilates this morning Did a lot of walking whilst away but nearly 3 weeks away from the gym , think it’s going to take its toll But the sun is shining so I’ll go enjoy the longest day Have a good one all x

Day 20 – Ireland – CD
    Day 21 NFD

Hi all – hope you are all well. I’m with my parents this week/weekend as lots of bits and pieces to be done and it’s always emotional as they are slowing right down now….but I weighed in on their scales and I’ve either dropped another 1.5lbs off my recent low or their scales are wrong….. I’ll take the former (and revel for a while) and will check when im back home – Tuesday…at which point I’ll probably have bobbed back up again anyway 🤣🤣
    Welcome back to those who have been away on holidays and @ktcaroline – amuse toi bien en France 🇫🇷 . Beautiful longest day here so far so I’m hoping to get out in the sunshine soon ☀️
    I’ve read posts but can’t stay too long here but wishing you all the best for today particularly those of you who are finding the going tough at the moment 💕 @ Gretta, @matpi, @ciren2 and all..💕 and well done to those who are nailing it 🛠 👏

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21 – Iceland – NFD

Yesterday was a good OMAD, which has become my favourite way of fasting. I find it easier not to have to think about some miniature portion of food for lunch, especially as my appetite seems very much stimulated by eating just a little bit😅 Instead I like to drink posca as the Roman slaves and soldiers…

@hedwig6 – Well done on your 316cals FD! And thank you for the sailrabbit link, it is brilliant!

@annemarilyn – Congratulations on your successful egg fast!

@ciren2 – Maybe time to seek a new doctor? I hope you get better real soon.

@matpi – hope the sun is shining in Ohio today☀️

@daffodil2010 – you are correct🙂 Today sunrise was at 2:54 and sunset is at 0:04, so the sun just takes a quick dip into the ocean🌅 In the north of the country there is no sunset at all today.

Happy solstice and have a great weekend everyone☀️

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I had to step on the scales 3 times this morning as I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! I began the month feeling that I had lost my way with maintenance and weighing in at 136.6 pounds the weight was slowly creeping up beyond my 133 goal. This morning the scales read 131.8 so the 3 weeks of boring calorie counting have been worth the tedium 😊
    I plan to stick with my strict regime for another week as today is DAFD so weight will be at its lowest and I want to ensure that I am properly in my maintenance weight range.

@matpi grieving takes time and is different for everyone. Sending virtual hugs 🤗. DH and I shed tears this week as it is a year since the death of our beautiful cat….but at least now we also remember with smiles how gorgeous and funny she was and how lucky we were to have her with us. Take care xxx

Happy Friday everyone ☀️

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Summer solstice, and International Day of Yoga celebration in one of our town parks. Looks like rain will hold off to be able to have it outdoors. Just us crazy yogis and millions of bugs (mosquitoes, gnats, etc.). We have our bug spray.

Fascinating to read about endless daylight in Iceland and even Ireland! We went to a foreign exchange student’s wedding in Norway some years ago and loved the twilight look of the sky as we left the wedding in the wee hours. Oh, and even Alaska has such long days… fun memories.

Onward and downward.

Day 21 Canton OH FD

Sorry I have not been able to post for a couple of days, we are all exhausted from our new family addition. She is very cute but a lot of work!!!

I was planning to waterfast next week but I think I will try to egg fast with you @annemarilyn. Thanks for the link

@matpi I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Warm hugs

@dykask keep up the good work, you are an inspiration. I bet your before and after pics are jaw dropping. Even though you sound like you think you still have a ways to go, I believe we are harder on ourselves in seeing issues we want to fix rather than focusing on what we have achieved.

@funshipfreddie yes you are, and congrats on the loss

@missybear congratulations!!! That is an awesome feeling

Happy Friday, happy Solstice and have a great weekend everyone

@matpi: I’m so sorry you are having a tough time grieving for your beloved dog. It’s so horrible that they don’t live nearly long enough, but remember the good times and the fun you had together. What more can I say? It’s hard. ((Hugs)) xx
    @penz: @borealis: Too many of our doctors only look at costs, it seems, these days. After 10 minutes you have to be out the door as well!
    Much money is wasted in our health services and patient-care suffers as a result, unfortunately.
    I get a better service with the things I pay for privately…the acupuncture and the massages. I’ll get there eventually….
    @missybear: Such a fantastic result….OK, so calorie-counting IS boring, but, for you…it WORKED!!

Day 21-Atl,Ga-USA CD

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – Day 5 of Egg Fast

Greetings on this summer solstice to those in the north! I want to see if I can get to a higher more open place to see the sunset tonight. I live in an area with mature trees that I love, but prevent me from seeing much of the colours in the sky.

Happy for making it through Day 4 of the Egg Fast yesterday. It included the Party cycle Trolley for my friend’s birthday in the evening. I ate at home before going, took my water, and only bought an americano with SF flavour that I nursed for much of the journey around the downtown. I helped my friend set up for cake and ice-cream at one of the stops, but passed on indulging. I don’t know if others have this sort of activity in your area, but it’s a lot of fun. I enjoyed learning some of the history from Johnny our driver. He even put on some juggling for our entertainment…

@basyjames – be sure to research the Egg Fast. I printed off the plan from one of the sites along with some of the recipes. I’m thinking that today will be my final day of this round, but then I’ll transition as suggested. I read that it’s a good idea to transition as long as the fast. So 5 days of fasting, followed by 5 days of mindful transition. (I continue to eat in about a 6 to 8 hour window.) Then I’ll continue eating keto for a while along with some 36 – 42 hour fasting 2 or 3 days a week.. Decisions to be made as I go. I read about one woman who had the following pattern: 3 days egg fast, 3 days transition, 1 week keto and repeat. She lost 80 lbs in 8 months.

@daffodil2010 – How are your clothes fitting? If they’re still comfortable, you’re right, probably muscle with all that shredding you’re doing 🙂

Happy Soltice!

Day 21 UK CD

So yesterday’s second FD went out in a hail of late evening tired bingeing – I ate the entire 400 ml vegan ice cream and 200g cashew nuts. O for the focus to hear the snack dragon and respond helpfully rather than getting into auto-eat 🙁

On the downside I am definitely a binger :(….on the upside it seems to have precipitated a whoosh! BC my weekly weigh this morning was down to 141.5 – an ATL. Not a sign of June’s post-birthday puff or May’s viral gains. I’ll wait & see if it sticks, but goodness that gave me a boost 🙂

Had a nasty shock a little earlier, and had that “lump in the throat but not yet able to cry and can’t possibly eat” feeling. Strange how food has been such a barometer for me in just 24 hrs.

Making a point of nurturing my body and mind – the best sort of self-care. I’ve had a little warm food, listened to sung compline, enjoyed a lovely brief visit & hugs from some of my favourite family members, now for bath and long sleep. In town early for monthly community gathering tomorrow which will be healing too.

I meant to read & respond to posts but no concentration just now – look forward to doing that tomorrow. V glad of this community which crosses the growing divides of country, culture, creed – and language. #moreincommon

Day 22 – Brisbane – FD

Hi Everyone! Remember me??? I have been away (from the forum – not on holidays…) for a while as work was busy and something had to give but was still thinking of you all. You have all kept me honest to my goal this month and I am very grateful.

I am happy to report that I have lost my 2kg for this month which was my aim. Feeling great! I still have another 900g to go to reach my current overall goal so will see what I can do in the last 9 days of June in working towards that.

Starting the Day 22 pocket list and looking forward to seeing who else will join:

@keitii

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 749 total)

You must be logged in to reply.