June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

This topic contains 933 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 938 total)

• @snowflake56 exam results in August, thank you for asking

@strawberriesandcream miss you already

@dingping the tough part is over getting back to the wol. The sat nav of 5:2 I find needs adjusting. I am on the home straights with that last all important stone, the one that will make the biggest difference to my self esteem. And cut my clothes budget by opening up the size 10s in my wardrobe. That will be the sweetest moment in the Revenge Bod journey.

Back to it.

Mari

Day 22…..Florida…..CD

It’s finally Friday……..I could not be more excited. I did two solid FD this week. the happened to be b2b, but at this point, I’m taking what I can get. Yesterday was an NFD which was a bit on the high side. I’m hoping for a FD today but will take a CD, if need be!

I’m trying really hard to get my life back in order. It’s taken some odd turns the last couple months, but I’m working through them. I never thought a new position at work would throw my eating patterns into a cluster of randomness but I’m working through it.

Onward we go!

Japanese legend says that if you are not sleeping at night it is because you are awake!

Day 22, UK, NFD

I managed to stick to my FD yesterday and my tummy seem to have settled, feeling much better now 🙂 . Thank you for well wishes ❤ . I also tried to drink more water yesterday while fasting to see if it makes a difference to the fast heartbeat, and I think it did, I didn’t really feel it yesterday or this morning. I will test it again but it might be just dehydration, as @@Strawberriesandcream (I think) mentioned. However, I’m back to 53kg , half a kg up 😐

Welcome back @marsupial , see you in July 😀

@daffodil2010 your bird feeder sounds like a delight to watch 😀 , my is very lively now as well, I have a bunch of starlings and they are really lively and funny 😍 , youngsters growing up and learning so fast. And hungry 😬 lol

@arelkade I’m thinking of you in these such hard times for you 🙁 , sending you lots of virtual hugs 🤗

@cornish-jane great to hear that you lost more weight and while you were thinking that 5:2 stopped working for you, I will re-read your post is I need to as well 😀

@dingping welcome back 🌹 , you are not the only one self sabotaging, I didn’t sabotage my FD but I sabotaged my progress by eating just about everything one day, and by everything I mean all the things that are bad for you. But we must pick ourselves up and carry on 🙂

Have a good day everyone and stay strong 💪

Day 22 North Canton FD

TGIF, its been such a busy week that I did not realize yesterday was the first day of summer.

Adding myself to the pocket list
    Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @annamariav
    @dingping
    @basyjames

keep the faith people, in three months you will thank yourselves.

Day 22 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Good Morning everyone. TGIF it has been a long and tiring week for me. My maintenance is going really well, I stepped on the scale today and the scale says I am down another pound. That makes two pounds below my goal. Feeling really happy about that. The next 3 days are my CNFD’s going to make them count.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind. Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for being a part of this forum, it really keeps me staying strong knowing I am not alone on this journey.

Day 22 UK NFD

Just a quick check in. Hope you’re all having a good day. 😁

Day 21 – NFD
    Day 22 – MFD (800kcal); Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

the weather is so beautiful outside, I hate being stuck in the lab! As @daffodil2010 said, the forecast for the next week looks amazing. I’m looking forward to running in the park followed by relaxing on our balcony…maybe even a hike this weekend. Need to work on our base tans.

Just had my lunch – two apples – and feeling alright so far. I’m hoping for an easy-ish MFD, as we have nothing really to eat for dinner apart from leftover take-away Thai food and not much of that either!

@arelkade – so sorry to hear about your brother!
    @rainbowsmile – fingers crossed for the exam result!

Good luck to everyone fasting today, adding myself to the pocket list:

@dykask
    @annamariav
    @dingping
    @basyjames
    @moukinator

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

My activity of the last few days has really picked up getting the house ready for our Utah family to arrive tonight, so I am down 2 pounds. Yeah! Despite all that pizza I ate after rehearsal the other night. We open our community theater show tonight (CLUE,THE MUSICAL – the characters in the board game – it’s cute – I’m musical director and pianist). I need to get opening night flowers for everyone today, plus food for the fam. They are pretty easy to please.

@diana123 – isn’t it nice when the maintenance scale is friendly? It has been for me!

Onward and downward.

Day 22 UK CD

Had a really good sleep and gentle morning. Delighted to have finally got to a day without appts, other people or deadlines for the first time in 2 weeks. In sore need of my hermit day and catching up with myself tomorrow, which i’ve really missed!

Yesterday I got super tired & stressed & was within seconds of ordering a takeaway because every bit of food in the house needed preparing! Note to self – go back to planning FD food rather than leaving it to chance and getting stuck – and take those breaks!

It’s a super busy time bc it always is – there’s a regular an annual project which has a lot to do in June/first week of July. The difference this year is three other projects have also come along – all high profile, all needing attention now. I’m not good at competing deadlines and don’t have energy that can stretch due to ill health, so the stress just built yesterday along with the heat and the nerve pain. Still, got through it, useful lessons to take away and easier times ahead.

Official weigh in day today and still sitting at 153lbs, that’s been my home plateau since mid-May. I’m falling back on the understanding that soemthing will be happening somewhere in my body and the results will show up eventually. And reminding myself again of where I’ve come from in these last 7 months – 26lbs heavier and a fat suit that was 6″ bigger all over!

Clearly what needs attention just now is self-care and mental health, so that’s what I’ll be looking after for the rest of this month, and any weight or size change will be a bonus. Going to treat myself like my own best friend for the next week 🙂

@snowflake56 thank you, I’ll mention familial thirst to GP
    @debster251 I’m sticking to 5:2 basics with my usual gf veggie food It helps to make sure I’ve actually done the food shopping and planned ahead a little for busy days!
    @cornish-jane congratulations on your perseverance and 1.1kg loss! Plateaus are sent to try us 🙂
    @arelkade so sorry about your brother, best wishes to you both x

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

@arelkade: I am sorry for the bad news about your brother. 😢 Sending you virtual hugs! 🤗

@ktcaroline: Congratulations regarding your exam! 😊🌼 Have a great time in beautiful Provence! 🍷🧀🍞

Have a good Friday everyone! 🌻🌼🌺

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today I baked fish filled with tomatoes and capers and topped with lemon juice, fish herbs, extra virgin olive oil, salt plus garlic pepper. I served boiled potatoes with the fish for my pregnant daughter and made a burgal wheat salad for us. For my son who doesn’t like fish much I made a pancetta, mushroom and cream sauce with grated cheese and farfalle pasta. I invited my sister in law and my niece who are here for most of summer from New York City.

I weighted at 67.7 kilos then 67.9 kilos and then 67.6 kilos in just a couple of minutes.

We’re celebrating with a birthday party tomorrow for my eldest granddaughter who’s going to be five on 4 July. But today’s week on 29 June we’re going away to Sicily for a week and my second daughter is coming with us with husband and two girls.

Onwards and downwards, have a great day everyone.

Day 22 – Uk – FD or CD????
    Day 21 – NFD

If anyone is interested the film The Ciambra was well worth seeing – a fictional narrative around the Amatos, a real Roma family living on the outskirts of Gioia Tauro, a coastal town in southern Italy, selling scrap metal and stolen car parts to the mob.

Lovely sunny and warm day here, thoroughly enjoyed my walk on the fells this morning with my regular walking group – afterwards at the cafe I drank a bottle of sparkling water whilst everyone had coffees.

Not sure if today will be a FD or a CD – felt like I wanted to do a FD and nothing to eat so far, but I have done 2 FDs already this week and my weight this morning was 53.7kg so well below my target weight – see how I feel this evening when I sort out dinner for OH.

My friend with cancer contacted me to say she was going to give fasting a go – she has read a bit about it’s effect on her disease, am so pleased for her and will support in any way I can. She also started making her own milk Kefir with grains I gave her last year and has been having a glass daily.

@ccco – I’m a bit confused about your fasting system – how many days do you fast for each week taking into account that in 5:2 a FD is not a 24hr period but actually a minimum of 36hrs e.g. you start fasting after your evening meal on Monday and on Tuesday you only consume 500cals and then break your fast on Wednesday either at breakfast or later. So make sure that you are not overdoing things as you don’t want to stress your body too much – take care
    @daffodil2010 – well done on completing your B2B2B and dispatching 3lbs amidst all the celebrations
    @molij – have a fab time with the grandchildren and visiting family
    @Strawberriesandcream – take care of yourself, we shall miss you but your priority is definitely your long term health – you can always lurk in the background and pop in to say hello or if you need us xx
    @louiseo46 – lovely to read of your determination and focus – you can do this!
    @ktcaroline – enjoy Provence – great food and wine to be enjoyed and as you say life is for living and we will see you in July
    @sarahbob – accidental fasts are always the best……
    @diana123 – thinking of you and your brother 🤗 and a big 👍 for being 2lbs below goal weight
    @songbirdme – hope the rehearsals went well yesterday and good luck for the opening tonight
    @annamariav – stay strong and focused – it will get easier and you will soon start to see/feel the benefits of this WOL
    @marsupial – you can always join in for the last week of this challenge but if not will look out for you in July
    @daffodil2010 – sounds like an ideal evening with your DH and enjoy your motorbike trip this weekend weather is looking good for it.
    @arelkade – the biggest and tightest 🤗thinking of you, your brother and family – enjoy your weekend in the Blue Mountains
    @cornish-jane – Totally agree with you 5:2 does work if you give it a chance – “Losing weight is a mind game. Change your mind, Change your body”
    @dingping – Welcome back – good to hear you had a good time in Suffolk, I lived in that county for some 30years and loved it – hang on to our coat tails and you will do this FD x
    @bert1802 – you got this – that B2B will set you up for a positive frame of mind
    @shinything – good to hear that you are feeling better
    @michelinme – Absolutely be kind to yourself – perhaps find some time for some meditation which might help with your stress levels because as we know stress is not kind to your body
    @anna6 – happy celebrations for your eldest granddaughter 5th Birthday

“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it” Ant Williams

Day 22, USA (Nebraska) NFD

I don’t think I checked in yesterday; it was also a NFD, and it was a disaster–I was simply HUNGRY! On top of that, I did some emotional eating in the evening. But I keep reminding myself to be kind to myself, and that I’m going to be committed to every detail starting July 1 (like @marsupial!), and until then…BE KIND! LOL, I sometimes have to be very stern to my inner voice!

What’s CD? And what’s a “sat nav of 5:2”? You all are amazing at your abbreviations, lol!

@at thanks for your wishes for my granddaughter s birthday. We’re celebrating early as on her birthday we’re going to be in Sicily.

@at you have a kind word for everyone, God bless you.

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

@arelkade – thinking and praying for you and your brother

@cornish-jane – I’m happy for you that the scale is moving downward. TY for your encouragement about the Basic 5:2

@songbirdme – have a wonderful performance & enjoy the time with family!

@stitchincarol – yes abbreviations are crazy sometimes. CD is a controlled day; @rainbowsmile – I too don’t know what “sat nav of 5:2” means.

@daffodil2010 – I think retirement will take a while to sink in; Probably at the end of August when the kids go back to school and I don’t. There are so many details to tend to in the transition to retirement plus getting ready to move to the eastern side of the state at the end of July. I keep adding to my to do lists. I’m glad for the first day without fixed appointments since the last day of school.

Together we can do this!

@at thanks for the movie review — I love hearing when others fine a movie good. I put it in my Netflix queue for when it is released. 🙂

NFD today. Been lazy. Not doing much today. I have been working on a video of our Viking cruise. I like to set my photos made into a movie like show. Too hot to paint outside. Getting a little bored. Need to correct that or I’ll start eating.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Day 23 NFD London

I have just had a disastrous evening. It’s architecture month in London – lots of architects practices open for people to look round, free wine, lots of free food, nibbles blah blah blah. I’m still off the booze, thank god, but I’ve just stuffed my face with crap all evening. Why? Because it was there, and it was free, and it was carbohydrate central. Aaaaaaargh. Why did I do that? Really fed up with myself, but I know I’ve just got to forget it and get on with the programme.
    On a good note, I finally finished the bikini, and it looks ( looked, before tonight..) nice. I have a waist. I actually go in in the middle. Fancy.
    Hello to everybody. I’m reading nearly everything but not posting much. H

Day 23 – Japan – NFD 78.0kg

I now have 44 water fasts done this year, however late yesterday and this morning I had a lot more hunger than normal. It might have been thirst but I was also feeling a bit off. My weight drop was also lower then normal, on the other hand I been under 80kg for 4 days in a row which is indicating my weight range is a bit lower. Body fat has been declining some too. I don’t love my fat so I’m happy with that.

Good luck to the remaining day 22 fasters!

@dykask
    @annamariav
    @dingping
    @basyjames
    @moukinator

Day 23 Auckland NZ NFD

One week to go in the June challenge and I have just managed to drop below my start weight for June after a wee woosh…
    Macintosh and I/me went to the local Sat market this morning. He wanted to visit the fried egg and bacon sandwich stand and I wanted to go to the winter veg stand… We got some lovely raw coastal honey, avocado, baby parsnips, salad greens and an amazing golden beetroot, which is earthy, nutty and sweet all in one.

@emma taylor I hear you… My life is a round of drinking/empty calories at gallery openings… I get annoyed with myself because I plan to drink sparkling water, then I have one glass of wine then another then we get home after 9pm and cook dinner. My rule now is no eating after 9 so if we’re not home we miss out!

OK everyone, let’s make it a great final week for June!!!

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD or CD???

from Monday on friends from the Netherlands are coming over to stay until Saturday, this means lots of eating and drinking. Rough times at the homefront at the moment, DH complaining more and more about my changed eating habits. Good our friend are coming, they can cook everything I don’t want to eat. Think of Club sandwich loaded with mayonaise, Eton mess, large breakfast every day, every evening a 3 course meal with wine. Will do my FD when DH has to work and do OMAD with him in the evening.

@arelkade terrible news, I’m thinking of your brother and you, sending you lots of virtual hugs.

@emma-taylor the most important thing is your stayed off the alcohol, well done! Thought about you yesterday. I’m lining old velvet curtains and had to get the sewing machine out. It was so long ago I used it, I didn’t know anymore how to get the upper thread in and had to look it up. Summer just started so you finished the bikini right on time.

@songbirdme hope the opening night was succesful.

I’m off to do the next curtain lining.

Have a nice day everone!

Day 23 Belfast NFD

Another sunny day. So nice to open the curtains to that liquid gold. Aiming for a CD today. My weight seems to have settled again, albeit at my lowest. I’ll not stress because the trend is slowly down.

“Weight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-Turn and head back in the right direction”

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, nfd

@Arelcade prayers for your dear brother.

Today I’m having only fruit for lunch then this afternoon it’s my eldest granddaughter s birthday 🎂 party.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 23 London FD

Phew managed my FD yesterday, first in 10 days or so, thank you pocket listers and everyone. @rainbowsmile thought of you when I managed to banish the cheeeeese siren at 10pm!
    So today I’m almost back on track to where I was and that’s great but I do also think ‘look where you could have been if you hadn’t been sidetracked!’ My 5:2 sat nav needs lots of readjustments for the many detours I take, but then that’s life!
    Thanks @shinything and @at for the welcome home messages thankfully managed to pick myself up yesterday and hoping yesterdays success follows through to today.

@songbirdme – hope the hard work paid off and you had a fantastic opening night.

@michelinme – that whoosh has to be there soon, I’m willing it for you. Take care.

@rainbowsmile – I can almost taste that sweet moment of ‘revenge bod journey’, looking forward to hearing when you sassy around in size 10’s!!

@bert1802 – life throws us curve balls but thankfully as I have found out 5:2 is very forgiving, patient and simple, glad you are making headwind in working through it all and will be back on track.

@at – Suffolk/Norfolk to Cumbria, that’s a big landscape change! We based ourselves around the very cute Southwold, managed to take in a concert at the Aldeburgh Festival and lots of walking along the coastline and countryside. Happy days!

@snowflake56 – Sorry to hear OH is complaining. I can only do my FD’s when OH at work and he’s supportive! I admire your tenacity in getting this far and your sensible plan for moving forward. It’s a shame we feel such pressure from others.

@anna6 – enjoy the celebrations with your little one.

Beautiful blue skies outside so hope everyone gets some sunshine and happiness this weekend.

Take care all and ta x

Pocket List Day 23
    @dingping

Day 23, London, UK, NFD,

Another NFD looms, however, this one needs to be more controlled than yesterdays’. I promised myself no self-sabotaging this weekend, but actually talked myself into eating calorie laden crap yesterday that I didn’t want, need, or even enjoy. Stupid, but I’ve put it behind me and as the scales stayed stable (maybe because it was OMAD??), my fingers are crossed that it doesn’t come back to haunt me tomorrow!!

@strawberriesandcream, sometimes a break is all we need to recharge the batteries; I hope your mojo resurfaces and you come back to us rejuvenated & renewed!! I’m still learning to be mindful and not empty the bottle, but that wine dragon is a persistent little sucker!!!! Stay strong!!!

@arelkade & @diana123, both you and your brothers’ are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time xxx.

If you’re stuggling, feeling deprived (that’s just in your mind – enjoy those other 5 days!!) Don’t give up guys, have a break, take some time out, reset & reboot & remember this is easier than anything else we’ve tried ………………………….

“A year from now you may wish you had started today”
    – Karen Lamb

2nd post

@dingping thanks! My husband was supportive until a few days ago when we had an arguement about home made ice cream. I don’t want him to put any sugar in it but stevia. I made rhubarbsyrup and he put it in the ice cream. Now I don’t want to have any ice cream again until he puts stevia in. He thinks it tastes better with rhubarbsyrup in it but if I don’t eat it he can’t make it. The ice cream machine can’t make a small portion so it’s always a large portion for 2 persons. Now everything I eat causes an arguement. It’s annoying, exhausting and unneccesary. I’m with you on this day. Any news on the house moving plans?

I’m adding myself to the pocket list!

@dingping
    @snowflake56

Just let’s do it!

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick post before the family all wakes up (3 granddaughters, daughter & SIL-to-be). So good to have them all here!

Opening night went wonderfully, and we are all happy to have happy live audiences. Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes!

Onward and downward.

Day 23 2nd post
    Thanks @snowflake56 for joining me in an FD, often a lonely place on Saturdays but my OH works every Saturday so a good day generally for me. Wishing us lots of good karma today.

Hope there is a way round your ice cream dilemmas. Could OH not make two batches one with and one without stevia, would a portion not keep for next time you both wanted it?

Our house hunting limbo continues – the house that started my debate here is still for sale and the agent will let us know if any higher offers come in. But in the meantime we continue looking as we are literally in limbo living in a tiny but nice studio flat as we sold the family home a year ago, house hunting continues with viewings on Monday. Thanks for asking, thanks for joining me today and good luck us!

Ta X

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Going shopping to Trader Joe’s, then hiking. Afternoon we’ll be at the movies to see ‘Jurassic World’. 🦕🦖 Scary! 😊😆😉

@songbirdme: Glad you had a great opening night! 🎭

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Day 23, UK, NFD

I’m already over my TDEE 😐 , that is no good, I’m really not impressed with myself.
    Must do better!

@snowflake56 that is hard, when you don’t get support for this WOL, its hard enough as it is sometimes, and if it causes arguments thats too much. I admire you for being strong and carrying on 🌹 . I hope you resolve your disagreement and come to some solution, it would be easier for everyone 🙂

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend 🌼

@dingping thanks for your wishes.

@arelkade and @diana123 I’m offering the rosary I pray with my husband for your brothers.

Take care.

Day 23 UK NFD

This morning’s mini weigh showed 150lbs, 151lbs and 152lbs – I didn’t quite believe it and each time I got back on it had changed. Clearly I’ve lost a couple of lbs and my scales are more a guide than a measure! I’ll keep on keeping on gently and see what next week’s month end brings. In true carb queen fashion i celebrated with yoga & meditation, then bread & cheese 🙂
    @dingping thanks for your encouragement – et voila!

Going to focus on a #bestselfcare week, going gently and looking after Future Me.

Wishing you all a good weekend, whatever it holds x

USA Day 23 NFD

I am resorting to a few carefully controlled NFDs and today is one. I have had only 3 water fasts since I started this WOL but this time it was successful, leaving me with such low energy that I couldn’t do anything. I slept in this morning until 11 am and ate a carefully measured breakfast, so I think my energy is coming back. My first water fast left me super charged with weight loss. My second one I could hardly get through and while I easily got through this last one without even any hunger, it left me feeling nauseas and very very tired. I didn’t even lose weight this time but I am worried about the extent of that fatigue. I think it could be because I have very little weight left to lose and not enough fat stores to use this method. I will now continue with very controlled meals and only 500 calorie fasts! I think that will be better for me! Well, I guess this means I am still researching what’s best for my body.

SongBirdMe: I am glad your theater production went well. It must be fun to act!

Snowflake56: I feel the pain! While my l;husband doesn’t mind my diet efforts, my sister does!! LOL

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Day 23 – SW WA USA – NFD

Some errands on the agenda including the Farmers’ Market. @redrockgirl302 – you mention a Trader Joe’s run. That is definitely one of my favorite grocery stores. I’m so glad they are also in the city I’m moving to. I appreciate their reasonable prices, NonGMO foods and so many healthy options.

@dingping – you also used the expression “5:2 sat nav” – would that mean satellite navigation by chance?

Enjoy the weekend fellow 5:2ers!

Day 23 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

First off thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my brother, we will know more on his stem cell transplant next week.

Yesterday was a good CNFD keeping my calories around 1200 for both lunch and dinner. Today so far is going really well. Hard boiled egg and half of a small avocado with a little salt and pepper. Tonight for dinner thin bone in pork chops with zucchini, yellow squash with caramelized onions, tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese with one glass of wine. Looking forward to dinner.

@songbird really happy your maintenance is going well. I never believed I could do this. Together we are stronger.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Day 23 North Wales NFD

Day 23 UK NFD

Day 23, Germany, NFD

I felt really weak and fainty this morning. I wasn’t hungry because I ate yesterday on my FD some strawberries, a banana and some nuts. Any ideas?

Have a great weekend everybody!

AnnaMariaV: I felt the same way yesterday after my 24 hour water fast day! It was only my third since one since starting this WOL! Today, on my NFD, I am carefully counting my calories with fresh healthy foods and my energy is coming back! It was so bad yesterday that I couldn’t do anything but sit, rest, and read. The good food is bringing back my energy! My advice is to rest and eat some really nutritious foods today!

3rd post

@dingping our FD is almost over, no problems with the one meal. My husband also works on most Saturdays, we could do the FD’s together.

@shinything @ccco and @dingping again, until the ice cream problem my husband has always been supportive, it’s as things go sometimes. Agreed on not having any sugar in the ice cream when I want to have it also. Making smaller portions isn’t possible because of the size of the machine and freezing the left over ice cream makes too large ice cristals. Thanks for your support when I needed it.

@ccco again to you, can’t do a water fast, did it once, felt awful, don’t want to repeat it. I’m doing well on 500 cal on a FD so why change it.

NFD today. Not much happening. Went swimming but the water temp feels like bath water, so I didn’t stay long. Still in a lazy mood. Be glad to get past this. Art classes start this Monday so maybe having more structure will help.
    Have a great weekend.

Day 24…NSW Australia…NFD
    7.11am Sunday

Hi everyone.

Thank you so much for all your kind words, hugs, prayers, and for just being their for my Brother and myself – so very much appreciated!

Have a delightful Sunday everyone! Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 23
    3 rd post

Many thanks @snowflake56, today has been very slow here but it sure helped me to know I can’t let someone down, very happy to be your Saturday fasting buddy, count me in! I’m sure there will be a happy compromise to your ice cream woes, give me a husband who can make ice cream and I’d be very happy with that!!

@annemarilyn – yes short for satellite navigation, I picked up on the phrase from @rainbowsmile. I can’t vouch for her meaning but for me it seems very apt as I often ignore my sat nav and find my own path which means there is often a lot of readjustments to my car journeys, just like my 5:2 journey.
    Good luck with your retirement and your relocation, new horizons all round – fantastic!

@michelinme – Are you balancing like a ballerina on those scales or what?!!! Take the 150 Ibs and call it a mini whoosh!

Goodnight all and ta x

Day 23 – UK – NFD

A lovely Saturday celebrating OH birthday – walk this morning followed by coffee and almond and orange cake and a very yummy meal out this evening – just over TDEE but thoroughly enjoyed!

@emma Taylor – Yay for your waist and finishing that bikini 👙
    @snowflake56 – I’m sure you and your OH will resolve this dilemma – you two have survived a lot worse situations 💑
    @songbirdme – enjoy the family visit – precious times ❤️
    @dingping – hope you find that new home soon
    @michelinme – love your “In true carb queen fashion i celebrated with yoga & meditation, then bread & cheese”
    @ccco and @annamariav – fasting should not “leave you with such low energy that you couldn’t do anything” – why not go back to the basics of 5:2 – On NFD eat to the TDEE for your desired weight and twice a week do a FD of 1/4TDEE or 500cals – drink around 2L of water daily and the weight should come off and stay off – you will have lots of energy and feel good in yourself as well – if you can do some exercise, even if it is just going for a 1/2 walk daily it will give you a mental boost as well xx

A lovely Summer Solstice Yoga Day workshop to look forward to tomorrow to nourish both the body and soul – the workshop will focus on deepening our practice, incorporating Yoga, pranayama, mindfulness, eating yummy food and plenty of relaxation 🧘‍♀️

“Yoga does not ask you to be more than you are. But it does ask you to be all that you are”

Still day 23 –

@annamariav and @ccco – one thing on a water fast to remember is electrolytes; especially salt. Perhaps literally add salt to a glass of water or have a cup of broth or bullion. I think it will give a pick me up.

Day 24. Belfast NFD

My evening out on Thursday has unleashed the booze dragon. I enjoyed a bottle of white wine last night at a BBQ with friends, and the scales are not my friend today. ☹️
    A big reset and back on,the wagon.

Day 24, Cornwall UK, NFD

Heavenly weather at the mo. Just love being out and about and feeling much better about life this year. I caught some guy in the street looking at me yesterday! I am normally invisible so thats a bit of a change. Or perhaps my skirt was tucked into my knickers!

I’ve decided I have been fooling myself that weightloss does not change much. Still have the same family (nice family), same job, same friends, live in the same place. I am a rational person and know that weight doesn’t change these things or solve all your problems. But howcome my life is so much better than last year, i am happier and my business is going better? Its definately the weight loss as nothing much else has changed!

The weight loss is making me question a lot of my assumptions about what makes a good life, because if you don’t look after yourself you don’t have much of a life at all. Just musing a bit here! 😊

Day 24, London, UK, NFD,

So, yesterdays’ NFD was fairly controlled, but there’s been a move of 0.8lbs on the scales in the wrong direction, I suppose Fridays’ poor choices HAVE come back to haunt me, as expected ……………….. Doh!!!!! Anyway, it wasn’t entirely unexpected or undeserved!!!

I’m looking forward to todays’ fantastic weather and maybe some football too!!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!!!

@cornish-jane, the mind is an impossible thing to understand, I think when I was bigger, I didn’t realise that the unhappiness was really linked to unhealthiness – I felt terrible physically and mentally, but NEVER associated it with the excess weight, now nearly -40lbs I’m LOVING life!!!! For once!!!! Now I have new additions to my ‘makes me happy’ list – exercise, clothes, clothes shopping, changing room mirrors, cheekbones, a waist & stilettos!!!!

Onward & Downwards people!!!!!!!

Day 24 – Iceland – FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Final FD for the month, have been struggling a bit to keep under 500cal, but I will take 600 if that is all I can get! Not very likely that I reach my goal tomorrow, TOM is messing with the scales right now…

What a lovely, positive post @cornish-jane – it really resonates, life is so much better this year thanks to this WOL 🙂

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Day 24, Germany NFD

@at and @annemarilyn thanks for the tips. As I wrote i didn’t do a water fast (@ccco did). I ate strawberries, a banana and some nuts, with approx. 500 calories. Next morning (on my NFD) I felt unusually weak. That didn’t happen after the earlier FDs. After drinking 4dl of bouillon I slowly felt better. So it could have been the electrolyte thing and/or not enough liquid. Next time I will pay more attention to that.

Today is the end of my first two weeks on this WOE. I don’t have scales but I will do some measurement with a tape tonight.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 938 total)

You must be logged in to reply.