June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

This topic contains 933 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 938 total)

• @beedoo, how about celery? When I can’t stand not to eat, I eat celery, figuring that, since it takes more calories to eat and digest it, I can eat it guilt-free.

Hang in there; you’ve got this!!

USA Day 20 FD

Looks like I am on a learning curve still!! I tried eating what I wanted on my NFDs and ended up regaining what I lost on my water FD!!! Very discouraging! I am not sure why this happened but it is clear to me that I have to be very careful every day! Today is a water fast day and I am well into it! I plan Friday to be another water FD. Given how little I need to lose, I certainly should have reached my goal weight by now but I think I must be very carb sensitive and need to keep a journal of everything I eat. That may be annoying but if I want to be successful, it must be necessary for me! I know this WOL works because when I fast I lose. Feasting at any level is off the table for me! Anyway, I am successfully way into my water fast day and am doing well. I can’t wait to see what two days of water fasting will do for me! I lost 2 lbs the last time I did just one day! Onward and downward! Good luck, everyone, and have a fine day! 🙂

Beedoo and stitchincarol: I just put celery on my grocery list. I keep meaning to buy it but forget. May with a little hummus??

Days 16 and 18 – NFD
    Day 19 – MFD (800 kcal)

Day 20 – CD; Dublin, Ireland (71.5kg)

Hi everyone,

hope you all had a lovely weekend, I think I’ve finally caught up with all the posts. Fiance and I were in London for a reunion with some friends from our undergraduate, so it was a lot of eating, drinking and reminiscing. Loved it! We even ate at our favorite sushi place, which was just as delicious as I remembered. We even managed to go for a run in Hyde Park – we did 5km, which is the longest distance I’ve run in over a year, so very happy with that result 🙂

On Monday we went out for dinner to an Italian restaurant and decided to get the tasting menu – gosh, so much food! We couldn’t finish it all, so took half a pizza home and had it for dinner yesterday. Yesterday’s MFD was a bit higher than usual, coming in at around 900kcal but I’m not too upset, cos the scales this morning showed that my weekend water retention had disappeared overnight again.

That being said, this month has been a bit all over the place in terms of sticking to the 5:2, so until the end of the month we are aiming for 4:3 to make up for the chaos. My goal for this month was to lose 1kg, which I’m not sure is feasible as I haven’t managed to shift any weight at all so far. As a result, I will be happy if I just manage to get below 71kg and stay there until the end of the month. The fiance had hoped to get under 115kg, but he has also been stuck at 117kg.

Sorry I don’t have personalized responses to people’s posts, but there are just too many to get through! Promise to be more present in the coming days and already looking forward to July’s challenge. We are going on holiday at the end of August and the hope is to be comfortably under 70kg by then.

Do we think its feasible for fiance to get to 110kg in the next 2 months? It would equate to a 7kg loss…

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 20, Gozo, Malta, fd

Kerryn73, Daffodil2010 and ShinyThing thank you for your compliments. My youngest daughter is expecting a baby mid December and she’s constantly nauseated, poor dear and I try to cook what she fancies. My son doesn’t always eat what we eat and I cook what he eats. My husband isn’t fussy at all.

Today I prepared a wrap made with chicken fillets, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce and lighter than light mayonnaise for my husband. My pregnant daughter wanted a wrap today like I did for my husband but ate something from outside for lunch. This evening she’s having fish prepared by her mother in law. For my son I just cooked frozen mini duck rolls he likes. This evening it’s gozitan sheep ravioli with Arabibiata sauce. I just had lentil chips for lunch and fruit for this evening.

Have a great day everyone

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Going out to lunch with friends 😊 to an old fashioned diner up the canyon from my house. They have wonderful outdoor dining along a mountain creek.🏞
    Will be very mindful what I put in my mouth. I have belly ache 😟 and feel colicky like a horse 🐎 since Monday afternoon. Therefore I will order something light and easy to digest. No lunch cocktail but iced tea. 🍵

Have a great last spring/fall day! 🐞

@ccco, celery with hummus would certainly be lovely, but it would also be calories that had to be counted, rather than “free food,” which is how I use celery on a FD when I’m teetering on the edge of the wagon, lol! So if you have the calories to spare for it, go for it!

stitchincarol: Sorry I didn’t realize you meant a FD! Definitely hummus wouldn’t be on the plate!

NFD Did the treadmill and stationary bike plus a machine called Nustep. Able to do all without any problems. Getting encourage.
    Have a good one.

Anna6: I congratulate you for cooking differently for each family member! I know what that is like and it reminds me of my Christmas dinner. My son and his wife are vegans and my daughter must eat gluten free! Only me and my son-in-law can eat normally. It took a lot of thought to put that dinner together, especially for my daughter because she will become seriously ill if she eats gluten. Needless to say, it was a very strange dinner! LOL Fortunately, since that time, my son and his wife have decided they are not vegan anymore! That should improve things! 🙂

Day 20 – SW WA USA – NFD

A little left on cleaning out my school room. It’s taking longer than I anticipated – deciding what to keep for the part-time work I may be doing, what to give away & what to toss. Should get done today. Need to scoot out for a dentist appointment before heading to school one more time.

@songbirdme – if this country wasn’t so big, I’d enjoy coming to see your community theater event this weekend.

Enjoy the day international fasting friends!

Hope I am not posting too much today! I am trying to post my way through my water fast!! LOL I am starting to get hungry but am determined! I measured my waist just a little while ago! OMG! I added an 1-1/2 inches to my waistline. I really need to stick to this plan better! I was very upset, even if it is my own fault. Clearly, I cannot deviate! 🙁

Day 20 – UK – FD

The day here started with a wind and rain and ended up with blue skies, sunshine and much warmer ☺️ A great yoga class this morning and an enjoyable afternoon of volunteering……aiming for a 500cal or less FD today – on track for that atm as only 30cals consume so far

Going to see a film with my film club after dinner – “THE CIAMBRA” it gets a good review so hoping we enjoy it! It’s just short of 2hrs long so aiming for a cup of tea on my return home and then bed

@nono76 – Welcome and it is definitely never too late to join x
    @annemarilyn – amazing how much sorting out there is to do – dismantling a working life but so much to look forward to
    @anna6 – I’m amazed at your tolerance to cook so many different meals for various members of your family – you are a wonder in the kitchen! I love hearing about your various recipes – keep them coming!
    @ccco – Interested to know if you do a water fast for 24hrs on each of your FD and how many calories do you keep to for that next evening meal – do you stick to 500cal for the 36hr period???
    @ktcaroline – congratulations on passing your exam!
    @beedoo – I’m jealous – Rolling Stones concert – lucky you!

Right I’m off to sort out dinner for OH crab pasta for him and only a serve of the the crab sauce for me with a healthy serve of fresh cherries – they had some lovely ones at our local market today so treated us to some, so will be staying at around 480cals for the day!

Pocket list day 20 – Let’s do this
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @debster251
    @beedoo
    @basyjames
    @metatauta
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @ccco
    @anna6
    @at

“We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” ~Helen Keller

AT: I drink only water during my water fasts and they last for 24 hours. Today I can eat again at 8 pm and for the first time, I planned my meal for tonight. It will be about 200 calories. Before, even though I lost weight with my water fasts, I ate too much when I came off of it but the real problem is how much I eat on NFDs when I am stressed. Lately, I’ve been stress eating a lot and I knew if I didn’t stop I would have a problem. None of the methods to end stress eating work, except to keep myself very busy, so I can’t think about food!

Thanks for putting me on the pocket list! I really need that today. I am really thinking of and routing for all you pocket listers today! 🙂

@ccco – I tend to added anyone I see on a FD to the pocket list as Together We Are Definitely Stronger!! I see a FD as a minimum of 36hrs, often extending to 40hrs and try not to exceed 500cals for that period that’s why I was interested to hear how much you consume for the rest of the day after a 24hr Water Fast. I have always found what I call “distraction therapy” works best to avoid eating mindlessly on a FD e.g going for a walk, ringing a friend for a chat, a nice long bath with a good book, drinking a glass or two of water….I have even been known to resort to some housework 😉 my pet hate………etc

Thank you, AT! I am really struggling right now! I have not been able to water fast more than 24 hours yet but I would like to work my way up to 36 hours and then possibly 48 hours. I plan to do a 5:2 500 calorie fast tomorrow and then another 24 water fast on Friday. Maybe I will even take myself somewhere where there isn’t any food to tempt me!! LOL I am mad at myself for starting a babit (bad habit) and I intend to immediately get rid of it before things get worse! Thank you for your advice. You are right!

@coco thank you for informing what you cook for your family. It seemed that your menus must have been more complicated in the past. Hopefully in the future they are easier as your son and wife aren’t vegan any more. Your daughter has one loving mum and you do need to be careful what you cook for her. Such is life we cook what’s best for our families.

@coco I’ve never managed to do a water fast. I’ve not tried to do so but I think I won’t succeed. Congratulations. Well done. I admire you and those who do so.

@at thanks. I cook out of necessity and to see my family eating happily.

Good night 🌙😴💤

I happily successfully completed my 24 hour fast and ended it with a wonderful veggie, good fats, and protein meal for 320 calories. Now I am stuffed. I carefully measured everything, so as not to go over. Tomorrow is a NFD. Have a great night/evening everyone!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD 78.9kg

@ccco when you water fast you will likely see bigger swings in you weight. That is because you are losing and restoring glycogen in your body. Glycogen contains a lot of water and water is heavy. Weight isn’t constant and it changes all through the day. I weight myself typically before my first meal of the day. Still there is a lot of variation in my weight.

Day 21, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

need a FD today, will post later.

Pocket list Day 21

@snowflake56

Have a good day everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy midsummer / midwinter everyone! It’s the turn of the year again. Officially here in my area we had sunrise at 4:57am and sundown is due at 21:59, but that Celtic twilight keeps light in the sky for most of the night, and certainly it’s still quite bright after 23:00 and more. And I know it’s brighter around 3:30am in my room. I love it ☺️

Three FDs in a row and 3lb lost but still up from June start weight. There have been two indulgent weekends with visitors, my birthday, and the remaining June weekends promise a weekend away to the South this weekend and DH’s birthday the next……so I shrug my shoulders and hope for the best but realistically I am not going to fret or beat myself up. 👍

My waist however remains at start June measurement which is great news! It means I have a waist: height ratio of :48 and scrape into healthy level. I will monitor this more than my weight as I know weight fluctuates hugely, but measurements are more telling. 🤓

@ccco congrats on your 24 hour water fast, I hope you get through your remaining FD and next water fast ok…..I admire your tenacity, I don’t think I could do so much 😀

@beedoo I am also an ex Dukaner. I successfully lost 50lbs and stabilised for a year, but got sloppy and could not sustain and eventually over 3 years put back on 30 odd pounds. I still have daily oat bran and avoid white carbs as much as possible but no longer do a Pure Protein day. This WOL is far more sustainable.

Funnily, talking Dukan, I received a message yesterday on my FitBit from one of the Dukan ladies that I was in a FitBit challenge group with. Had not thought of her in ages until yesterday morning, then received a message from her out of the blue. I love how the universe works 🤗

Have a great day

Day 21 North Wales FD

Off on my monthly travels today to visit the grandchildren, it’s going to be a long visit this time because we are going to stop off at my youngest daughters and my husbands son.

Pocket list Day 21

@snowflake56
    @molij

Have a good day everyone!

Day 21, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Feeling great today after last night’s boxing followed by vast amounts of water …………………. Unfortunately that means middle of the night visits to the loo!!!! I’m clearly well hydrated!!!

@songbirdme, you’re maintaining fantastically, so a slight detour to the dark side (you know, that place where they only serve pizza, wine, bread, cake and ALL flour based temptations!!!) is just that ………….. a detour, you’ll be polishing your halo again after you’ve stuck another FD feather in your cap!!! I hope you enjoy tomorrows show & family visit!!

@ccco, I think you may be doing OMAD combined with 5:2 like me. I’m currently fasting for 23 hrs and eating within 1hr. The fasting period includes water, black coffee and herbal teas. Then I break my fast on a FD with 3-500cals, usually soup; and on a NFD whatever I want (within reason) and below TDEE. This has been working for me recently because there’s no hunger after my daily exercise (who knew??!!). I have my one meal at about 4-5pm, exercise at 6:30, shower then bed!!!!

I’ve watched a young colleague this week plough through 2 KFC meals for lunch, I assume there’ll be another one today too & I remember something said, I think, in the ‘Food Matters’ documentary, – “What you call food I call junk food, what you call junk food I call chemicals” ………………….. it still makes me think (only ‘think’ though!!) why would I eat something clearly & widely known as JUNK???????? I know it’s ‘cause our human design is a bit on the whiff, and the wiring isn’t up to code, if we were perfect the world would be overrun with sprightly centenarians jogging down the motorways ………………….. in lycra ………………. Eewhh!!!!!

I’ll leave you all with that image, Happy Fasting people!!!!!

Day 21, UK, NFD

Wow – you’re on a roll @flourbaby – well done. I, on the other hand, am firmly back in the land of self-sabotage. So current plan is to take some time out of the forum and concentrate on anything else rather than food and drink (the latter being the real problem) and get my head screwed back on the right way around. Thanks @basyjames for leading the month. I’ll see you in a month or two.

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius

Day 21, FD Dublin Ireland

I seem to have lost my way a little in the last week. Haven’t had a FD since this day last week. I had Monday off work and for some reason I struggled to find my way back on track. My other goal for the month was to run 80km and we’re already nearly at the end of the month and I still feel like like I’m far away from both my weight and running goals for June. BUT there is still time and if I put my mind to it I can achieve both so today I have re focused. At the end of the day I have two options either give up or keep going and even I don’t achieve my goals for June if I keep going I will still have given it my best shot. So 4lbs to lose and 34km left to run let’s see what I can do before the end of the month!
    Good luck to all that are fasting today, thank you for all your posts and sharing. Reading them all gives me a renewed sense of energy and seeing all of your achievements motivates me so much!
    Adding myself to the pocket list;
    @snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46

Day 21, UK, FD

I don’t know if I will manage to keep this a FD as I really have a dodgy tummy 🙁
    Yesterday was a face stuffing day 😡 which definitely didn’t help my stomach. I don’t know why I do this to myself *sigh*

@Strawberriesandcream take care of yourself , you will be missed. Hope to see you around again when you are ready 🌹

Have a successful day everyone ❤

@snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46
    @shinything

Day 21 – UK – Reading – CD

So this is me checking out for a couple of weeks. Provence beckons. There will be wine. There will be cheese. There will be all sorts of naughty things. But life is for living, and I know you lovely peeps will be here when I get back.

Thank you so much @at and @shinything and anyone else I missed for your congrats. I’m a deeply happy bunny until the next one in October. But that’s eons away.

Good luck to all the fasters. A plus tard.

Day 21 UK NFD

Yesterday’s NFD accidently turned into a fast Day as I was so busy I wasn’t hungry at all and forgot to eat. I guess that means I did my first liquid fast lol.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 21 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Whew I am back, had a great boating weekend both days. Docked at some Dock Bars with friend for drinks and lunch both days. Stayed mindful of what I ate and the rest of the week has been very light eating as I have been extremely busy back and forth to the doctors with my MIL, she is 93 yr old and feeling it as she says. The heart doctor took her off of 4 heart meds this week. She was having a lot of side effects so we are hoping she will start feeling better soon. I am not a fan of taking meds and she was on 14 of them. So much for the States and the doctors pushing meds.

On the flip side my brother is holding on tight. He will be having a stem cell transplant next month. Still in need of prayers.

As for maintenance I have not gain any weight nor have I lost so I am pleased with that.

@snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46
    @shinything
    @diana123

In a world where you can be anything, be kind. Have a great Thursday everyone. Will go back and read everyone’s post a little later today.

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday did turn into a 620 calorie FD after all, so good for me! And yes, it does seem like the slight detour into the pizza parlor was put back on track. Since yesterday turned into a FD, I avoided going out with the cast again last night – it was going to be for beer and drinks.

@flourbaby – thanks for your encouragement! You know what it means to keep pounds away, and I applaud you for that!

@annemarilyn – wish everyone had more ability to connect in person. Those times are precious but you’re right, this country is large.

@basyjames – great article! My financial advisor is trying 16:8 but he said not very successfully. I think I will send him this article. The University of Chicago ought to pull some weight for this Illinois guy!

@redrockgirl302 – I know your diner up the canyon! Daughter’s wedding will be conducted very near to there, up the same canyon. I am sure it was a delightful time – they have great food. I especially enjoy their breakfasts.

Last dress rehearsal is tonight, opening night tomorrow. Company coming… lots to do today and tomorrow.

Onward and downward!

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Happy summer/winter solstice everyone! 😊
    @strawberriesandcream: You will be missed! Looking forward to seeing you again on this forum in the near future! 🌼🦋🌻
    @songbirdme: I knew you would know this diner! 😊😄😉
    Have a great dress rehearsal tonight!

Enjoy the longest day of the year all who are in the Northern hemisphere! 💐

Day 21 North Canton FD

I am at that point in my fast cycle when I can’t get warm, I might step outside for some sun. I have been steadily seeing a decline on my weight graph since I switched to a LCHF diet.

@songbird me, that article encouraged my husband to try 16:8, I hope it does the trick for you FA. Even though the article stated that it doesn’t matter what you eat during the window, I believe it’s worth trying to eat as healthfully as possible, and that may be the missing key for your FA.

@diana123 welcome back and congrats on maintaining while away. I will continue to keep your brother and family in my prayers.

Safe travels @ktcaroline, enjoy the wine, cheese and naughty things 🙂 we will be right here when you return.

@shinything, I hope you feel better soon.

Work beckons, so time to hop off. Start where you are, with what you have, and do the best you can, the rest will take care of itself.

@snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46
    @shinything
    @basyjames

FD today. I bought a couple of “cool” shirts and I think they are working. I’ll be exercising this afternoon and will try it again. So far so good. Not hungry. My afternoons are more of a challenge. Pretty hot here even with a sea breeze.
    You all have a great day.

@snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @kaywesterman

Day 21 – SW WA USA – FD

Yay summer! Our longest times were 5:20 AM to 9:04 PM. Interesting how you @daffodil2010 have quite a bit longer daylight; showing me how much further north you are.

@strawberriesandcream – I wish you well! Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Will miss you.

Day 21 pocket list:
    @snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @kaywesterman
    @annemarilyn

Have a wonderful day whether fasting or eating mindfully…

2nd post

FD went well, had yoghurt with berries, rhubarb and a few nuts.

@strawberriesandcream take care and please come back to us, I always love to read your name.

@ktcaroline congratulations on passing the test. Enjoy your stay in the Provence, it’s so beautiful there and lots of delicious things to eat and drink.

@rainbowsmile did you pass your exam?

@daffodil2010 enjoy your dinner tonight!

@shinything hope you feel better by now.

@louiseo46 just keep going on, you will get there. Just try to stay focussed.

@songbirdme hope everything goes fine tonight on the dress rehearsal.

@michelinme your day always seem so exhausting to me, you have to do so many things. I drink between 2 and 3 litres a day, always did this and didn’t change anything on this WOL. I never feel dehydrated or thirsty, my skin looks fine. If I drink more than 3 litres a day, I’ll flush out too many electrolytes esp. if I don’t take in any salts on my FD. On a FD I mostly eat yogurt with berries and nuts or home made chicken soup with broccoli, it has almost no salt in it. If I want to do multiple FD’s and I drink too much I might get depleted of elektrolytes and I’m would be getting cramps. I did a water fast once, couldn’t sleep at all and felt awful, don’t want to repeat that ever again. I need food on a FD. I’m 62 and don’t want to stress my body too much.

@flourbaby you’re doing so well, love to read your posts.

Day 21 UK FD

Hard going today – brain tired, body tired and burning nerve pain. Juggling too many projects and deadlines and in dire need of a day off. But have to get thru the urgent & important things first.

Skimmed posts, glad to be here but ready to throw in the 5:2 towel bc everything in the house is hard work to prepare. I should have thought ahead more for FD, ooops rooky mistake. onwards…

@snowflake56 thank you v much, that’s good to know. I’ve always been a thirsty person who drinks more than most people I know, which seems to be genetic as my mother & daughter are the same. Perhaps my autoimmune issues have made a difference, and/or losing 28lbs in the last 7 months? Anyhow, I’ve booked a phone appt with my GP for Monday, which should mean a face-to-face soon if i need it.

Day 21 pocket list:
    @snowflake56
    @molij
    @flourbaby
    @louiseo46
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @kaywesterman
    @annemarilyn
    @michelinme

Day 20, Germany NFD

Day 21, Germany NFD

I’m just very tired today and don’t feel like doing anything. My first excitement for 5:2 seemed to disappear somehow. I hate watching people eating all kind of foods around me. Biscuits, home made cakes, chips, nuts… it’s very annoying. 🙁
    Without scales i’m not sure if I’m doing it right, or it’s just an illusion that i looked slimmer in the mirror, after the first few days.

Tomorrow is a FD again, i hope I’ll be in a better mood.

3rd post

@michelinme please tell your GP your thirstyness runs in your family. Perhaps he can do a few extra checks on you. Take care xxx.

@annamariav don’t lose faith and give up, stay with us, you will get used to this WOL, it will get easier the longer you do it.

Hi June group

I’m waiting in the wings trying to get brave to start (again) in July and come aboard then!

Good luck you are inspiring!

Day 22 – Japan – FD 79.9kg

Day 22, Germany, FD

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @annamariav

Day 22 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Friday! Plus the weather is improving and we are in for very warm, even hot (In Ireland that means mid to late 20’s centigrade 😀) over the coming week! The weather forecaster on to was almost ecstatic with delight when imparting the news. Makes a change from constant references to rain I suppose 😉

Had a lovely evening meal with DH last night and afterwards we sat outside, sipping wine, watching the crazy antics on the bird feeder which was still a hub of activity up to 10pm. It’s so fun to see all the youngsters getting bigger and braver, some able to feed themselves now, some still very dodgy with the flying and landing in my shrubs and flower borders. ☺️

We are off tomorrow morning on the motorbike, going to head West to Galway and Mayo, stay overnight, back on Sunday. Really looking forward to the spin, and DH needs to take a break from working on that camper van conversion, so a nice time for him. I may not be able to post, but will TRY to be mindful 🏍🍷

@annemarilyn yes, your sunrise and sundown times do show the difference. Isn’t this world great? Hope you are settling into retirement.
    Thanks @snowflake56 I really enjoyed dining a deux- makes a change from normal midweek meals on my own (but then, they are great for my FD’s so won’t complain 😀)
    @flourbaby wow, your enthusiasm is catching. You well deserve it, you are a mainstay of that wagon.

Day 22…NSW Australia NFD

Hi everyone, just checking in!

Currently in the Blue Mountains for this weekend – looking forward to a relaxing time.

The last few days have been rugged, the next couple of weeks will be worse (my Brother has now been given limited time – so sad). I may not be too fussy with my FD’s for a while, so apologies in advance!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 22, Cornwall UK, NFD

Never give in to that inner voice that doubts you. Having stalled for two weeks and thinking about giving up I did my weekly weigh-in and am down 1.1kgs today to 75.9kg. I was thinking ‘Basic 5:2 does not work anymore now I’ve lost a lot of weight’. I’ll have to change something else (eg not eat breakfast) and I’m not sure I can do it, etc, etc.

Well, I was wrong and I am glad to be proved wrong. Sticking with 5:2 does work – you just have to have the mental strength to keep going. I only kept going because I had no other idea on what to do that actually works long term. Note to self – read this if you stall again!

Day22 Belfast NFD
    Woke to glorious sunshine this morning.
    We had a lovely meal last night with YS and his girlfriend – I made healthy choices on the food front, but enjoyed a few G&Ts, the first alcohol in 3weeks. The scales were kind this morning – down 1/2Lb. Slow and steady wins the prize.
    @strawberriesandcream hope you get your head in the right place and we see you back soon. Take care.
    @ktcaroline – congratulations on your exam success and enjoy your holiday.
    @flourbaby great news on your baggy clothes ✋
    @michelinme – are you over complicating your 5:2 and putting yourself under pressure unnecessarily? Maybe a week’s break with would clear your head? You haven’t come this far to give up.

Today we say goodbye to little pug, (my son and his girlfriend’s) who has been staying with us. She is a diva and totally hilarious. She’ll be missed.

Still struggling with the lumpy bits around the middle. Despite having worked hard slaying that sugar dragon 🐉 (still work in progress) the tape measure is only down 1/2”. Better than nothing I guess.

It’s not just about losing the weight; it’s about losing the lifestyle and the mindset that got you there. Steve Maraboli

Great post @CornishJane. Well done on those kind scales.

Day 22, London, UK, NFD.

Very quick post, I haven’t caught up since yesterday, busy, busy, busy!!! I’ll catch up and comment later today, I’m off to Pilates then visiting the cemetery as it would have been my dad’s birthday today. The sun is shining and a long walk in the park with my mum will complete the day!!!

Onward & downwards folks………… I must not self-sabotage with this weekend of NFDs!!!

Day 22, Surrey (UK), NFD. 157lbs – still 7lb to go!

@cornish-jane, I hear you! I had an unwelcome visit from Cruella this morning. This is the first time in 7 months of following this WOL that I’ve seen an unexpected plateau, even though I followed the rules, i.e. sticking to TDEE on NFDs and putting in 2 good FDs at well under 500 cals per day. BUT… as we all know, scales are fickle things and it’s best not to pay too much attention to them. On the plus side, my waist measurement is down to 30.5″, so my WHR is about 0.45 now.

@dykask, I too get a racing heart after a FD, usually the next morning. It generally settles down about 2 hours after breakfast.

Too many posts to respond to individually, but I do enjoy reading them and I take a lot of inspiration from you all. Keep on keeping on, everyone!

Day 22 London FD

Hi all,

Been away for 10 days or so and struggled keeping up with everything so apologise for not being up to date with all that’s been happening here. Have spent part of my time in Suffolk on a lovely mini break, impressed myself by only eating half my fish and chips, cant go to the sea side without having them! Was only eating two meals a day (breakfast and supper) with plus plus walking but not as righteous as it sounds as there was an almost daily afternoon treat of delicious ‘the best’ ice cream – cherry bakewell, yum!

We also managed to meet up, on separate nights, with our grown up kids (Cambridge and Twickenham) so this involved delicious meals as well. Admit I wasn’t as well behaved as I could, but still loads better than I would have been before I started this WOL. So the scales are up from my pre mini break and 10 day absence from here and yesterday I sabotaged my FD by eating everything in the flat on nothing particularly yummy, just ate and ate! Why?

So here I am feeling stupid but hoping I can do a full and proper FD today, really need the strength of the pocket listers and will have you all in my metaphorical pocket. Won’t let you or me down today, even if I have to be dragged through this!!!

@arelkade – such sad news about your brother, best wishes to you both.
    @cornish-jane – so delighted you stuck with it and have been proven wrong, well done.

Good luck everyone and thanks for being here.

Ta x

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @annamariav
    @dingping

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 938 total)

You must be logged in to reply.