June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 1 | Central Midwest USA | FD
    Lovely day to all. Back on 5:2, primarily Mondays and Thursdays. May 2016 began exercise routine, limiting calories and increasing workouts. Good results — but physician suggested I let the 5:2 go since I’ll need my calories on workout days. Stalled out on weight loss but have 20 more pounds to relinquish (smile) — or 1.43 stones. This morning I remembered 5:2 and decided to pursue again, without physician input. Confident 5:2 will give me a good jump start. Wife / mother / grandmother / employed in higher education. Goal is to stay fit, active and positive. May the month of June be kind to us all!

Day 1, Germany, NFD

Weight: 64,600 kilogram

I write my weight this month to check changes here. Maybe this pushes me to do things more seriously.
    Today I had the 16:8 as usual and try to keep well under my TDEE.

Day 1 – UK – NFD

Hi everyone, I joined the May Challenge and successfully abandoned 4kgs and a total of 13cm so I am a very happy lady. I am aiming for 4kg again in June.

Current stats: 74.5kg Bust 97cm Waist 90cm Hips 118cm

It can get tough with social events with family and friends but the wonderful people on here helped me realise the different ways of doing intermittent fasting that help us work around having fun and still getting results, like doing extra FD’s the weeks before and after events.

I am a serial yoyo dieter and emotional eater, I have been overweight most of my adult life and would love to just get it sorted once and for all and stay in control. I was at my target weight for the year I got married and maybe 1 other year. I have one of them electronic scales that record your weight onto an app on your phone and the ups and downs are just crazy, I diet like crazy for an event then promptly put it all back on again, over and over.

Thank you @strawberriesandcream for hosting us all this month. Good luck everyone๐Ÿค—

Day 1 Florida USA NFD Thanks @okeydokey for the tips and links. I was figuring my TDEE based on my current weight, not my goal weight, so that is a smart adjustment. Even though it’s only a 100 calorie/day (NFD) difference that’s 2000 calories less a month I’ll be eating. Also, while I lost 16 pounds in 4 months in 2013, I’m not sure it was even at 4 pounds/month. It’s likely there were plateaus and steep drops! I did say @strawberriesandcream that I’m joining the June Challenge. Thank you.

Day 1 – SW WA USA – NFD

Starting weight 201.6 lbs. Goal: lose the “bouncing” weight from May 3.8 lbs and a couple more so I get at least to 195 lbs.

From my heaviest weight 245, I have lost a significant chunk and size wise I’ve gone from packing out size 18s down to being comfortable in 14s and some 12s. I am getting the complliments which let me know progress is visible.

I am a teacher & enjoy supporting students from various language backgrounds – ELL (English Language Learners).

I am pretty good on FDs and want to work on being more controlled on NFDs so I don’t undo the FDs progress. @lynzm your goals resonate with me. April & May have been too “bouncy” on the scales. I want to keep the trend going downward.

@Rhubarbnocustard – love your username. It reminds me that I have some rhubarb in the freezer. I like to cook it down into a compote using a bit of stevia for sweetner. It’s good as a side for porkloin for example.

@fatrabbit – you are doing amazing! Do you do your small eating window even on NFDs?

Still Day 1 –

@Rhubarbnocustard – you asked if 3 kg was a realistic goal. It depends on a couple of things – how much weight you have to lose and if you’re just starting out. Many of us who had quite a bit of weight to lose, have lost that much in the 1st month or 2. It usually slows down to 1 – 2 lbs a week for most. But – everybody’s journey is different. As you read the posts you’ll see that it really varies, depending on where someone is in the journey or how a body responds…

This is a great forum to get support for the journey!

Day 1 โ€“ MD, USA

34 year old woman. Lost 20 lbs since early Dec, hope to drop another 10 over summer. Had a baby Jan 2016 and didn’t start this until I weaned (about 11 months). This week, I’m only getting in one fast day because of Memorial Day holiday/life but will get back to 2 next week.

2nd post

@annemarilyn Yes I try to use the short eating window every day. I mucked it up on Monday when I started thinking about backing off because I am doing so well and ended up eating so much that I felt really uncomfortable and ill. I feel so much better when I don’t eat that I want to keep the amount as low as possible on NFDs too. If I eat anywhere near my supposed TDEE I put on weight very quickly, I must have very efficient bacteria in my guts. Now I eat to meet nutritional requirements and do it at my hungriest time of day. As long as I get completely full during that window I am satisfied and don’t even think about food the rest of the time as it isn’t an option. 12-1500 calories is enough to do this and at that level my weight stays even. Whereas my TDEE is supposed to be over 2000 but I would pile weight on if I ate that much. My setbacks happen when I get rather
    too generous with portion sizes or go back for seconds. The way my body processes food I am never going to be able to eat the way other people do, the window seems the least painful way to compensate for this. I am realising too that I just can’t eat twice on fast days if the weight is going to come off so even that window is too big on FDs. Luckily as a vegetarian I can still eat a decent volume of food for this number of calories especially without extra carbs, which I no longer even want.

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    I’m 18 lbs above my target weight, simply because I fell off the wagon and undid all the good I did on 5:2 last year, when I reached that target weight.
    As I will be away in Israel for 10 days (full board!) from the 5th….I’m not really on the challenge proper. However, on my return, I hope to get back on that wagon.

Day 1 – NFD ๐Ÿคž for June’s 30 day challenge!

[post removed]

Day 1 FD United States

Day 1 – Finland – FD

Although I didn’t count the calories for the soup I had for dinner, I’m rather positive I’ve stayed below 500 kcal, even with that piece of chocolate (1 square) I had for dessert. I had to leave in a bit of hurry in the morning, so I’m a little behind on my fluid intake and thus not surprised I feel like there’s a slight headache creeping up on me. Will try to fix that before retiring for the day.

Pocket list for day 1:

@paulmarsh
    @lany36
    @shelleyg
    @taraga
    @mila69
    @cream-tea
    @saffy420
    @rhubarbbutnocustard
    @fatrabbit
    @silverpearl
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @rainbowsmile
    @tpmorgan
    @louis05
    @babs_b
    @pippapah
    @coda
    @bert1802
    @okeydokey
    @krlts
    @jacqui22go
    @basyjames
    @happymargo
    @belfastsink
    @rerunirret
    @debster251
    @jeandee
    @keetseel
    @chumi

Jus joined today and had 450 calories, have been laid up with a hysterectomy so time to try and lose a stone before my holiday end of July, best of luck everyone ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Day 1, Germany (being Dutch), NFD

Hi everyone, my journey so far:

I began January 2017 weighing 70,9 kg by cutting out sugar and most carbs. Started 5:2 at the beginning of February. Decided it was a bit lonely so joined the March Challenge. It worked well, I benefitted a lot from the good advice and support the others gave, there are a lot of carers and motivaters around here. If you have a bad day, someone will help you up.

Todayโ€™s weight 52,1 kg, so down 18,8 kg, don’t plan to lose more. Plan to maintain at ~ 54 kg.

Just stick to the basics, this WOL (Way of Living) works. Good luck to all of you.

2nd post

Wow – so far we have 121 of us joined the June challenge. I’ve enjoyed reading through posts as I’ve made a note of names. Please bear with me whilst I get the link sorted for the June spreadsheet. This will enable those who wish to share their details (location, goals for June etc.) to do so. This is entirely discretionary. Some feel it helps to have the extra accountability and some prefer to keep track themselves.

Thanks already to the stalwarts, of this challenge series, who are helping out with advice and guidelines on how we have made this thread work for us. Just for clarity, in case you haven’t read this yet, could I please ask that you start your first post of the day with:

Day 1, Location, Type of day ie. I posted this morning Day 1, Newcastle UK, NFD.

This will help me keep on top of posts (I read all of them daily).

For your second and subsequent posts of the day, it’s helpful to start with:
    2nd post, 3rd post etc.etc.

You might find it helpful background to read my initial post at the beginning of this thread. Any questions just ask, you will get an answer.

Have just registered , please include me in 30 day challenge.
    No idea how / what I need to do, but am sure someone will tell me .
    Thanks Ellie

Day 2 – NZ – NFD

Hi All,

This is my first time on the 5:2
    Started today and I was delighted to find this starting today too.

Day โ€“ June 1st = Day 1 – FD
    Country โ€“ Scotland, Edinburgh
    What type of day you are following โ€“ ie. FD = Fast Day, NFD = Non Fast Day. – not quite sure what this means but I’m doing Tuesday and Thursday as fast days.

Today’s been good so far.

We can do this.

@strawberriesandcream would it be possible to copy and or edit the spread sheet for May ie rename it as June and delete all the info and input fresh info?

Day 2/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Goodmorning all and welcome.

What a wonderful and positive start to June. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the many inspirational posts. We are all in this together no matter where we are on our journey.

I’d love to answer each and every post but am not quite up to that challenge! 121 members!

I love eating. I’m a bit of a foodie and enjoy cooking. Preparing food in the evening is akin to meditation for me. It’s my time. I put on some music and pour a glass of wine ( more on that later) or sparkling water and prepare a colourful satisfying meal for my DH and myself. What I’m trying to say is to make this WOL sustainable it really is important to not turn it into a restrictive diet. Even on FDs it is possible to eat really well and enjoy the same meals as the rest of your family. Last night we ate a version of shakshuka. I made a spicy tomato sauce with onion, garlic, cumin, sweet paprika, chili, red and green capsicum/ peppars, spinach, loads of parsley, a bit of feta and a poached egg on top. My DH ate it with a chunk of sourdough.

Enjoy this journey it really is a boost to your health and wellbeing.

Day 1, Jersey Channel islands, FD

A quick intro about myself. 6′ 3″ and currently weigh 16st 8lb. Looking to lose over 8 lb this month to put myself under 16 stone.

Started the Fast Diet on Tuesday so this is my second FD ever. Found it relatively easy so far and hoping it will stay like that! First ever diet at the age of 48 but the weight has been creeping up for the last few years so has to be done. I cycle to work most days which will hopefully help with the loss.

3rd post
    @hotchoc it means just say whether you are on a fast day or non fast day. So in your case Friday will be a nfd.

@ellie1902 read either the very first post on page 1 or read @strawberriesandcream’s post above your last one and you will get the idea.

I don’t click to receive emails from this thread as it is just too busy but I log on regularly through the day and catch up.

@paulmarsh you can work out your tdee on this site. This gives you an estimate of how many calories for a non fast day with one quarter of that being calories for fast days. You can if you wish stick to 500 for females and 600 for males based on a tdee for females at 2000 and males 2400. My tdee based on my goal weight is less than this average. See link to tracker and work out your own. Hope that helps.

[post removed]

Started out really well and today as it was a feast day I lost all control. Back on that horse tomorrow morning. I have added my name, good luck everyone.

@paulmarsh
    @lany36
    @shelleyg
    @taraga
    @mila69
    @cream tea
    @saffy420
    @rhubarbbutnocustard
    @fatrabbit
    @silverpearl (I hear ya with regards the wine!!)
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @rainbowsmile
    @tpmorgan
    @louis05
    @babs_b
    @pippapah
    @coda
    @bert1802
    @okeydokey
    @krlts
    @jacqui22go
    @basyjames
    @happymargo
    @belfastsink
    @rerunirret
    @debster251
    @jeandee
    @karina.122

Day1 UK Guildford FD 3

Didn’t make my goal today, worked late so deadline missed.

Under calorie goal of 500. Only 425

Me again – the pocket list is a list of people who are all fasting on the same day. Im not sure all the ones above are fasting on day 2?

@stubeedoo welcome and I believe you are our first 5:2er from Jersey.

@paulmarsh sorry if i misunderstand you but whenever you say you are sticking to 500-600 per day is that for your fasting days? Surely not as it sounds every day?

Day 1, UK, 16:8

Hi all. Quick summary from me. Started this WOE in February with an adaptation of BSD having finally found the motivation to do something to lose weight and wanting quick results. Shifted to 5:2 at the end of March and generally finding it really suits me and I’m feeling much healthier and actually enjoying exercise. So far I’ve eliminated about 22kg (3.5 stone) and reduced waist, hip and bust measurements by inches, dropping from a UK size 16 to a 12. I’m around 5’11” and this is probably the first time I’ve had a BMI. below 25 in almost 20 years.

Start weight for June 77.7kg
    Target, modest for now of below 76kg

Still on holiday this week, so continuing with a 16:8 plan and trying to stay below TDEE without any strict counting. Looking forward to being home for a proper fast day on Monday, getting starting measurements for this challenge and setting further goals. Feeling a bit bloated this week which I’m blaming on ice cream and the extra carbs of holiday eating.

[post removed]

@paulmarsh I and it would seem like others are concerned about you. I believe I also stated my concerns when you joined our May challenge for a short while. Unless you are under medical supervision I urge caution as you appear to be taking things to the extreme which is the other end of the scale and is also not healthy. Please take care.

Day 1 | Alaska | NFD

Start Weight for June: 146.2
    Goal for June: 142
    Ultimate Goal: 135 (not sure if this is realistic – I’m very big boned)

Count me in for June. I just started reading (actually listening, found an audio copy on youtube) of The Obesity Code by Dr. Jung. The book has received rave reviews and I believe at some point he will touch on IF. Hoping it will offer some conclusions that will help me on this journey.

I typically fast on Monday & Thursday but this week is askew due to American Holiday last Monday. So I think I will Fast tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone this month.

Day 2|Brisbane AU|FD
    But may break it tonight as I’m going to son’s footy match and I do love a drink at footy on a Fri. I wonder if I can sneak 1 G&T in 500 cals today? Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Hi,
    I’m Rachel, I’ve been on the 5:2 since 1st February. My starting weight was 86 kilos and I’m now 78 kilos. May was the first month that I didn’t lose any weight but I wasn’t very restrained on my NFD’s. I aim to rectify that this month and am aiming for 76 kilos. My goal weight is 70k.

Day 1 -Montreal – FD

Good luck everyone!

Day 2 country West Australia NFD
    It’s national doughnut day!!! Nuff said.
    Have woken to a smoke haze all over our beautiful capital city.
    Hope to do a FD soon but it will not to be this weekend.
    Wow! lots of people and some amazing results – well done people.
    Have packed my latest book from Dr M as I have to wait for DH at the dentist ( root canal) for a while this morning.
    @paulmarsh, I like Coda, am a bit concerned – so tall so thin!
    Have a good Friday all.
    Look forward to hearing your stories as we journey together.
    Me ? I’m climbing the mountain with some ( hit a plateau for a few months despite diligence) while others take the scenic, easier route.
    Let’s see what June brings.

Day 2, NFD.
    I did okay yesterday (nfd), so much so that I woke hungry and had a bigger than normal breakfast (babow). Off to work now, and will be mindful of my eating so that it evens out over the day.

Day 1 – MT USA – NFD

Hello, friends. I’m back for more! I did not lose any weight in May ๐Ÿ™ but I will press on. I’m starting at 140.6 this morning. Hoping to get to 138 this month. I’m adding more exercise and being more vigilant on the NFDs. Good luck to everyone!

Day 1 | Rochester, NY, USA | NFD

Starting weight = 114.6
    Goal weight end of June = 110
    Height 5’1″

My day went well. I don’t track calories on NFD, but I’ve been trying to eat healthy foods in the right amounts. Today was my sister’s birthday, which meant a night out for dinner. I ate a light breakfast and lunch and ate about half of my dinner. I was saving room for dessert, but it turns out we just had one dessert that we split between six of us! So in the end, I probably ate under my TDEE and tomorrow is a fast day. Hopefully I’m not setting myself up to be super hungry tomorrow!

Looking forward to joining you all on this journey. Let’s make our goals a reality!

[post removed]

Day 2, Germany, NFD

5 minutes left in day 1 in USA Texas FD
    Had a good day! Stayed under 500 calories.
    Started today at 130 lbs. I am 5 lbs from my goal. I started this WOL on March 11 at 164 lbs. Have manage to lose 34 lbs. so far. Seems to be harder to lose the last 5 lbs. than the 34. I have slowed to a stop. Hoping having to check in daily will keep me accountable! I have found a wonderful, supportive group. They have helped me through some sad times in the last few months. I am very greatful for the friends I have found! Looking forward to June. Hoping I can lose the last few lbs. this month! Goal is 5 lbs.! Ready to move forward and add some new peeps! ๐Ÿ˜˜

2nd post..day 2..weight loss 1lbs, weigh in day today. Today NFD but doing mindful eating and going for a run. My little girl has been up since 5 but feeling after my fast day yesterday I woke up feeling good and not too tired. Just having a v strong coffee. Have a good day. Feeling really motivated. I know I can do this x

Can I join? Thank you!

Day 1 FD New Zealand

I just signed up – having discovered this way of eating a couple of days ago. I am a failed dieter who started dieting at 65kg (to get to 102kg) and 30 years later am now 105kg – 5 years ago I was 101kg.

I have osteoarthritis and although my blood sugars are normal – my cholesterol is too high. I know its not going to end well unless I do something dramatic.

I joined to encourage my partner – he’s 64 – weights 110kg – high bp, cholesterol, now blood sugar – his mother was a type 2 diabetic – his brother and sister are morbidly obese. He’s active – but struggling with it now because of random stuff like archillis tear – which probably would be better if he lost weight … He’s tried low carb, lower calories – nothing moves for him – he’s gone up 5kg in 5 years – probably over 10kg in the last 10.

I did my first FD on Wednesday – couldn’t believe how easy it was -did 2 hours of dancing and my coordination was still fine and my energy.

My partner’s joined me today ๐Ÿ™‚

Aims for June – to be less than I am now would be nice. I’ve learnt not to have goals for weight loss – if I could get down to 100kg by the end of July that would be awesome. We are going overseas end of July so that’s a useful date to aim for at the moment

Day 2 of the June challenge
    NFD today: yesterday was a FD weight this morning down by .2kg good I lost but was hoping for more but there will be another FD on Monday.

Day 2 Oman NFD
    I started this woe in late Dec 2016. I’m down 6.5kg since then. I’m down 9kg since Aug 2016. So slow since march but at least it’s going down. I have a lot of weight to lose…40kg in total so almost reached the first 10.

I don’t always stick to 500cals on FDs…sometimes I definitely go to 800. But I have very much embraced the 16:8 wol.

I exercise 4 times a week…25 mins cardio hit with some weights and stretches. Recently I’ve started doing squats and modified push ups.

I also drink kefir everyday which I think is really great. Trying to drink lots of water too.

My goal this month is to lose 1.5kg. Good luck everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.