June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,551 through 1,600 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 24 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD … 82.4kg

I dropped from 86kg to 82.4kg in less than 2 days. The .4kg is probably real fat since my physical exam. My pudgy middle is firming up quickly. @at is right, the quick gain is going away quickly.

It is really enjoyable to eat a good breakfast after 36 hours of no calories. πŸ™‚ The fasting wasn’t hard, I just like eating. πŸ™‚

Day 24 – FD- West Yorkshire UK

Not a bad day I’ve been hungry all day though. I didn’t eat as much as I should have done yesterday and paying the price today.

Did notice today that my jeans are loose πŸ€—

Day 23 | Alaska | FD

Sorry I haven’t been checking in much. I’ve been doing my fast twice a week and fast days go well but the non-fast days have not been as good as I would like, so I keep gaining and losing the same three pounds. So not making the best progress in this June challenge. However, when I weighed yesterday after my NFD – I had actually lost a pound, but this morning I gained it back. With that said, I started my fast day today at 145.2 which is usually my weight after a fast day, not before, so tomorrow I might actually break my lowest weight or at least tie it (143.8). I think this program might be a bit of a trigger for my binge button. Have to figure out how to be controlled on NFD’s.

Day 24 – UAE – FD (29th day of b29b)

My last day of b29b, but probably one more day depending on the sighting of the moon today.

Day 25 FD country West Australia
    Not sure where to from here.
    Today is official weigh day. Got on the scales and weight and measurements are EXACTLY the same as 6 months ago on December 5th, when I had only been doing 5:2 for 5 weeks.
    I really can’t believe it.
    Despite a few blips with uncontrolled NFDs I have usually been quite controlled both with FDs and NFDs.
    Feeling quite devastated as I have not lost any weight since December ( bounced up and down daily within a 1 – 2 kg variation.
    I haven’t been very active and exercise has dropped off but several people on this thread say that exercise doesn’t really help with weight loss so I thought that wouldn’t make a difference.
    Oddly enough most people are saying they can notice a difference in my weight!! and some clothes are fitting better. However I have am still the same dress and clothing size.
    I do feel good on FDs and mostly find them ‘doable’.
    But to have the stats exactly the same is , well……
    I measure bust, waist, hips, biceps – and NO change. Not a single gram or millimetre!!
    May have to re-think this WOL.
    Reading my posts from way back then I was worried that this might not be a sustainable WOL as several people were saying how effective it was when they did it some time ago – but they were trying it again as they had regained the lost weight. I do NOT want to be in that position because to me that means it has NOT been sustainable.
    Sustainable for me is to ditch the weight and it is gone for good so that next week, next year, next decade I am still fasting, being controlled on NFDs and am still maintaining the lower weight, not re-losing, the regained lost weight! Hope that makes sense.
    Apologies for the rant but it was quite a shock to find that all the effort has really had a zero net effect.
    And yes, I am hanging around because of all the other health benefits .
    Have decided to pitch my tent on the plateau, go into my tent , snuggle up in my sleeping bag and hibernate for a while , while I try to figure this out.
    πŸ˜”

Day 23 Massachusetts USA NFD My FD yesterday was under 400 calories, that’s just the way it worked out. Today I think I went over my TDEE but I’ll be more careful tomorrow. At least I don’t feel overly full or bloated! Since I’m stuck on this plateau, maybe I should do FD’s at 400 and NFD’s lower than 1200 (my TDEE).
    When I see more success I’ll have a better idea of what works for me. Hoping all are well!

Day 22 NFD St. Louis USA
    Kind of went on a grazing kick this evening. Didn’t eat anything too much off my pattern but just seemed like I was eating more frequently. Busy stressful week so looking forward to some down time. I have been getting my daily walks in and a couple of kettle bell workouts.

Best of luck all and happy weekend.

2d post
    Day 22 FD St. Louis USA
    Day 23 NFD St. Louis USA

Realized I typed it correctly the first time. Trying to catch up too late at night.

second post – as if the month is not going fast enough I seem to have added a day. Should have read Day 24.

Day 24 NFD/Perth Australia (visiting)

Day 24 UK NFD

176lbs, 79.8kg :)) It didn’t bounce up:)) I was very restrained and didn’t have a second bowl of the wonderful dhal I made yesterday and this is the reward, and it is far better than the transitory enjoyment that would have given me. As @dykask said it isn’t that fasting (or not having seconds in this case) is hard, I just like eating. Good to have you back @dykask, glad that gain is going away quickly for you.

I am sure that attitude is key with this business of weight loss. It is so much harder to refrain from eating when you are despondent. Being stuck on a plateau really saps ones will to continue. This month I hit my second big one. The first was in March when I lost nothing for the first three weeks of the month, the same as this month. That time I let it bother me much more and only broke it by switching to the BSD. This time I decided to change my criteria for success to simply not gaining, to maintaining and was able to avoid the mood swings and the temptation to try more and more stringent approaches. One needs to take overall nutritional needs into more account once it is no longer a short term diet but truely a way of life. I always make sure to eat so I get plenty of different veg every day plus sources of fat and protein that tick several boxes at once. Cheese is both fat and protein. Seeds and nut also. Pulses are fibre and protein. I think a vegetarian diet makes this easier as everything doubles up. I was able to change my attitude to the plateau because I have realised, later in life than I should have, that we can change the way we look at things. If what we see looks bad get a different view by shifting your position relative to it. Humans are fundamentally adaptable, that is why we have taken over everything on this planet. We are fully capable of turning anything to our advantage and there is good reason to do it in this context knowing that it will benefit us. If you stop looking at a plateau as a failure but as a successful time of not gaining weight you will feel better and find it easier not to eat as much. Similiarly stop looking at treats as things you deserve to eat but as things you deserve not to eat because they are harmful to you. Why should social pressure designed by a marketing company to make you want it and cause you to hurt yourself? Helped on by being autopiloted to the decision by your unhealthy gut bacteria who favour sugary rubbish and actually manufacture hunger hormones to make you get it for them. Stand up to those wee beasties. Don’t eat it!

Sorry that went in a bit of a different direction than I intended but may still be helpful to someone so I won’t delete it. I am not good at being supportive and end up lecturing, but we all have our different skill sets. A world full of identical people would be incredibly boring! Together we are stronger:)

Day 24 Newcastle UK NFD.
    FD went well as they do when at work and busy. I think the trick to not eating is keep yourself busy so when you get in from work you are too knackered to even feed yourself lol. Today will be a bit of fruit for dinner and a large salad for my tea and fresh strawberries off the allotment with ice cream for pudding.
    Lots of red and green gooseberries ready up the allotment I love them but I can’t give them away as they are not a popular fruit well that’s more for me and the birds then. It’s a sunny blue sky day here in Newcastle 😎 shame I’m at work but it’ll be nice running all the tourists around Newcastle. Have a great day everyone stay focused only 6 days left till the challenge is over. I’m playing catch up so any lost for me this month would be great.

Day 24, Newcastle UK, NFD

@hotchoc – don’t worry – it takes more than just hitting the report post link by mistake. There’s a second step where you have to give a brief explanation as to what you think is wrong with it before you submit it to the tech guys.

@lilymartin – I was going to suggest that as you have maintained the same weight for the last six months without gaining, that in itself appears successful to me. However, @fatrabbit‘s very wise post this morning says just that (re plateaus) and a whole lot more.

@fatrabbit – thank you for such an eloquent post – very helpful and supportive. Well done on your continued success – you’re an inspiration on many levels.

Looking forward to another NGS garden visit today. It’s sunny and breezy and a much more sensible temperature for June. Best wishes to all for a great weekend. Onwards and downwards.

Day 24, Northumberland UK, Controlled Day

Well, so much for not being sure what yesterday was. Gave in completely to old habits, ate a large bar of dairy milk, and blew my TDEE away. More control today, and hopefully that reminder that I don’t even enjoy it that much any more will help. Save the feasting for really nice homemade cakes etc instead.

Day24 UK NFD

Did 3 fasts last week m/w/f and lost the weight I’d put on while on holiday plus an extra pound., did lots of walking and drinking water to try and push it. So I suppose the easy on easy off theory does work. I think keeping hydrated is a real key, when I start to lose my water intake weight loss really slows down, thankfully last week with the heat it wasn’t a problem.

Sat and Sun will be NFDs as normal, I really can’t do fasting at the weekend so it’s off to starbucks this morning for a croissant and large coffee. I’ve been doing the “basic” version of 5:2 -apart from times when I felt I needed a kick such as last week. But I’m not worrying overmuch about what to eat on FDs and NFDs as long as the calorie count is low. So I’ll have a croissant or a cake if I like, as I think this is what makes it sustainable. That being said, I am eating much more healthily as fresh fruit and veg are much more filling than a Mars Bar!

Day 24 NFD 🌈

@lilymartin don’t lose heart, I’m the same I have been bouncing around the same 2lb feels like forever, however people are saying to me “you have lost so much weight” and I haven’t, however the clothes are fitting better, so I think I must be losing fat and gaining muscle and distributing the weight in a different way, my thighs may not be thinner but they look more toned. Muscle weighs more than fat so maybe that’s what’s happening, that’s what I like to think, like @fatrabbit and others have said, pat yourself on the back for not gaining in the last 6months, yes you haven’t got the result you want YET but it will come, at least it hasn’t gone up like others that have left this WOL and come back.

Family BBQ day for me today and even if I’m good on the food with food choices, the alcohol will be flowing, and that’s ok, I could say no but don’t want to, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so definitely not a FD.

Have a good weekend all. X πŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘¬πŸ‘­πŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘¬πŸ’•

Day 24 Belfast NFD
    I’m away in the caravan in the mountains and working hard at control. Pocket winos, no wine or gin last night, just sparkling water so feeling pleased with myself.
    @fat rabbit thank you for your very wise and supportive post. Great words.
    @lilymartin your post made me go back to my January profile. I’m only down 2 lbs from then and like you, those pounds have gone on and off. But I take heart from the compliments I’ve received and fatrabbit’s very encouraging post. My weight IS down and I haven’t put on weight. Yes, I’ve been despondent and yes, sometimes the words I write here don’t match the disappointment I feel inside. BUT…. I am determined never to go back to my fat self. So let’s get stuck in(yet again). For all of us who are on that plateau, we CAN do this.
    Am putting on my walking boots for a lung heaving walk up the mountain. Onward we go.

Day 24, London, UK, NFD

Uh-oh, I wish I had read all the great posts and advice, before succumbing to the dragon in my head and his brother residing in my tummy!!!! @at many thanks for the advice………… but I read your post mid packet of cheese and onion crisps with a red wine chaser!!!…………..not abnormal, except for the salted caramel chocolate starter!!!!! Hhmm, I think that signals a loss of control and a house full of stuff which has no place on my journey!!!

@pippapah……………. I tried, but the call to carbs was strong!!!!!! Croissant, chocolate, wine, crisps, and a burger, TDEE+ loads!!! I look for the positives ALWAYS……… so 6 months ago, it would have been the entire bar of choc, not 2 squares; 2+ packs of crisps, not 1; 2 burgers, not 1 and the entire bottle of wine ………not 90% (LOL)……….;)

Wine is NOT my friend, it leads to me making poor choices, my OOCD (Out Of Control Day!!!) is not something I need to repeat EVER………. Everything in moderation, which is the tricky part! Self sabotage….. again!

Good luck everyone for these final few days.

Day 24
    West Midlands UK
    NFD
    Very pleased to have lost 4lb this week

Now 174lb

Day – UK – 23 FD & 24 and 25 NFD

@lilymartin – I am sorry to hear you are struggling so much. As the others have said, just imagine what weight you would be if you hadn’t been following the WOL and you wouldn’t have had the fun of being part of this global family of friends πŸ€—

@debster251 – well done for not succumbing to the wine or gin on your Friday night of your weekend away that takes a lot of control. I am looking forward to a glass or two of wine tonight, I hope I don’t regret it tomorrow 😜.

@flourbaby – I so understand your post, I hear the dragons shouting very loudly, clinging on here. We can do this 6 days left everyone…..

Day 24 – Cumbria UK – FD

Realised that I did in fact have a few more indulgent days 😈 in the past week than I thought (with plenty of wine 🍷 I’m afraid my pocket winos!) since my FD on Tuesday and last night consumed rather too much champagne πŸ₯‚celebrating my OH birthday………..so planning a much needed FD today and tomorrow I have an all day Yoga Workshop so may end up as another FD as will be in a controlled environment all day……

@dykask – good to hear that that weight gain is disappearing fast – you are not alone in enjoying eating – we all do πŸ˜‰
    @sam-69 – loose jeans = happy dance πŸ’ƒ
    @lilymartin – Maintenance in itself is successful! πŸ€—Stay with us – we all have your back in this WOL. Have you thought of making a fresh start? What weight would be your ideal? then work out your TDEE for that weight and eat that amount on your NFD and 1/4 of it on your FD; also try to drink 2L of water daily. If you can add in a daily 1/2hr brisk walk to your day just to get fresh air and stimulate some feel good endorphins! Stick to this pattern for a couple of weeks and then weigh yourself and see what happens? @lynzm and @debster251 thinking of you too – stay strong and positive xx
    @fatrabbit – I loved your last post and totally agree “that attitude is key with this business of weight loss”
    @saffy420 – great job and such a positive attitude – I’m sure you enjoyed that starbucks breakfast of a croissant and large coffee this morning!
    @flourbaby – I joined you yesterday in being rather 😈and I blamed it all on the πŸ₯‚!!!!! But today is another day and a strong FD it is for me to press that RESET button
    @shera10000 – 4lbs loss in a week – how good is that πŸ’ƒ

We have 7 days left in this challenge including today – Let’s make it count – a final push to end the month feeling good!

I saw this today and thought it would be a great quote to support those of us who are struggling and having doubts about what we can achieve today – “Stop beating yourself up; Stop making a list of all the things you think you’ve done wrong; And start making a list of all that you do right; It’s time to be proud of who you are; and how far you’ve come.”

Day 24……Florida….. NFD

I did log in yesterday as I woke up from my slumber extremely late. No time for socializing, just enough time for a quick run through of the am routine.
    Okay, trying not to get to excited cuz I don’t want to jinx myself, so I’m going to whisper it so very quietly….. I weighed in at 139.4 lbs this morning. Which means not only did I break into the 130’s but hopefully, I broke the plateau Ive been camping on.
    Shhhhh…..

Lilymartin…… my heart goes out to because I understand completely. I’ve been camping on plateau mountain since oh around about March. Butt…. now this is a big one….. I’m sleeping so much better, my moods well the anxiety part is now only effecting me, maybe once a month but no more falling out because I can’t breathe. My clothes, well I clean out my closet not once but twice I’m almost to the point where nothing fits and lastly…. I feel and look great……. all on a plateau!
    I think the reason it is so tough is because I was trying but it felt more like suffering.
    Then sitting one morning, I decide to re look at what I did before when I was losing compared to what I do know. It was so simple, I stopped drink water….. I went back to my soda, pop, fizzy drink depending on your location. So, this week, I tried my hardest to drink more water. It seemed to help.
    So while your up here camping with the rest of us, take a look at what you did before…. what’s missing? Maybe that will be the key to unlocking your door! But what ever you do DO NOT give up….. after all we do need one more player for parcheessi!
    Lily…. please remember you are not alone!

Okay well, I’m off….. my boys are treating me to a movie this afternoon and I’ve got tons of house cleaning and laundry to do first!

If stretch Armstrong was to kung-fu fight and he had lighting fast kicks, do you think his legs would stretch far enough to take everyone out?

Day 24 UK NFD

2nd post

@lilymartin I cannot improve on @fatrabbits post but suffice to say we’re all holding hands on this journey.

Day 24 – UK – NFD

Failed the ‘no snacking’ pledge after my third (small) glass of wine yesterday. Managed to avoid the crisps, but once they had been finished off by the rest of the family a packet of salted almonds was put out. I only had a small handful. Then another. Then another. Then when I got home around 1 a.m. I had a peanut butter sandwich. In penance I re-booked this morning’s gym class I’d previously cancelled and boy was it tough. Not sure whether it was the effects of the alcohol still but it was quite disheartening to have to put down even the 1kg weights!

Off to the garden centre this afternoon. Yay. OH is retiring soon and i’m already dreading the prospect of a daily “what shall we do today” scenario.

Have a good weekend all.

day 24 Post1 Huntingdon UK NFD

Having done a FD followed by a CD (about 650 calories) and 40,000 steps in the last two days ( thats about 18 miles of walking …… I really wanted my breakfast this morning !!!! Am not much of a breakfast person normally ….. but today I really enjoyed my cereal !!!

Keep on keeping on all as we count down to the end of the month …. Am thinking my goal is achievable !!!!

Day 24 USA NFD
    I received such a great dose of information and inspiration from the forum this week. Plateau buddies and thoughtful reflections about the plateau, great and thoughtful info about low carb life …and the sharing of people’s lives … I am grateful for all of it, so thanks to everyone!

I seem to have taken a bit of a step off the plateau- got on the scale and lost a pound. I think minding the carbs while also keeping my sodium loaded is key for me right now.

Today is farmer’s market in the morning, then a mini-zumbathon around lunchtime. I have nieces coming into town, so our plan is to Zumba together, which should be fun!

Day24, Gozo Malta, nfd

This week I fasted three days but on third day I had a McDonald’s frepe without the panna and it amounted more like 1,100 calories. However I managed to lose one kilo. Now to lose the other two kilos.

I hope to eat within my tdee as I’ve already gone out to lunch with my daughter and grandson and on Saturday night it is usually a take away.

Have a great weekend everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 24, UK, NFD

I think I’ve messed up my dates in here this week. Status was

19 FD
    20 FD
    21 NFD
    22 FD
    23 FD

Day 24 – NFD- West Yorkshire UK

I wasn’t expecting a loss today but woohoo I’m 84.7kg.
    It’s going to be a challenging weekend
    I’m going out to dinner tonight and afternoon tea tomorrow but Sunday I go to spin class so I will work extra hard.

Roll on next week if I lose weight next week I will reach my 1st milestone of losing 10lbs.
    Extra incentive I think.

Day 23- Montreal- NFD
    Day 24- Montreal- FD

Day 24/almost Day 25
    thanking you one and all for your kind words and support. Hanging in by a fingernail…
    I spent some time this morning reading all my previous posts from when I started and thought I’d imagine I WAS re-starting.
    So, back to posting every day for accountability . Plugging the numbers every day to keep inside TDEE.
    I already drink a lot of water and eat fairly healthily a Mediterranean type diet.
    I have calculated my TDEE for weight I hope/d to be by year’s end and work with that figure for NFDs.
    Had a good fast day today due to unexpected circumstances.
    Drinking a coffee while I catch up with the latest posts.
    Thanks to @fatrabbit, @ Bert.@Lynzm, @at for motivational words and support.
    @onahealthyhigh, hope you enjoyed our lovely city.
    Off to bed now – been an eventful day with elderly parent and Aged Care home issues.

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hi all,

Well, the last 2 days morphed from BSD 800 cals into NFDs, and the scales are up 3 pounds. I am not drinking enough water because I cannot go to the bathroom all the time during my art festival duties, so it is also some water retention, I think. Oh well, at least I maintained so far. Have to keep maintaining and strive for a few less pounds in July as I have 2 more festival days and then off on vacation.

Now off soon to meet @songbirdme!!! Yeah!!! 😊😊😊

Have a great weekend!

Day 24 – USA – FD

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD, but I did climb the church tower for a bit of a challenge. It is only open about three times during the summer. 204 steps and a great view at the top. Also had a go at bell ringing. Didn’t do the wrist arthritis any good at all! Lovely sunny, breezy day.

Day 24 California USA NFD 5:2

After such a sluggish couple of weeks, I’m at a new low since I started this plan: 146 or 66.2 kg. (23.9 BMI) I started the June challenge at 150.2 or 68.1 kg. So I’m down 4.2 pounds for June. I’ve been hanging around the 148’s for the past week or snd getting a little discouraged but yesterday and today the scale moved down. 260 calories on Thursday’s FD might have been the thing to give it a nudge. 2 pounds to go for my June 30th goal. 16 pounds to go for my overall goal. So today is a happy day. I’m getting there!

My starting weight was 155.8 on May 10th so 9.8 pounds lost overall. 4.4 kg.

I’ve thought of trying the 16/8 plan or fasting for 3 days per week, but the 5:2 with 500 calorie FD’s seems to be slowly working and the biggest thing is that it’s sustainable for me. So I think I’ll stick with it at least until the 2 month mark and then decide.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and eating mindfully.

Day 24 Wales UK – NFD
    Feeling positive.

Post 2, Salt Lake City, Utah

What a fun lunch date with beautiful and very talented @songbirdme. We are both musicians πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅β™©, music teachers, fellow 5:2ers! We had lots to talk about. Looking forward to seeing her again this summer! So wonderful when virtual friends become real friends!!!
    😊🌹😊🌺😊⚘😊🎈😊

Fogive me Forum, for I have added myself to the pocket wino list. I’ve had the kind of week that is best forgotten.

So, I am worth it!

Day 24- USA (Utah) NFD

WHat a delightful lunch with @redrockgirl302! We have so much in common it is marvelous. I am sure we will meet up again when I come to Utah later this summer! Our many musicians on this board will fully understand! 🎢🎢

@bigviking – you are more than welcome to join us Pocket Winos. No forgiveness needed. ❀️ 🍷 Here’s to ‘ya!

Day 24 – SW WA USA – NFD

Visiting Eastern Washington & enjoying the day with my daughter & soon catching up with my son.

Enjoying food but staying controlled. I agree with the conversation that it’s better to maintain on a plateau than revert to way I used to be. I even got some slim compliments today.

Maybe I’ll soon join you @bert1802 & @krisnia with getting off the plateau. Meantime I’m in some wonderful company.

It would have fun to join the 5:2 musicans in Utah πŸ™‚

Yes, together we are stronger!

Day 25 NFD country West Australia

Day 18 USA NFD
    Day 19 USA NFD
    Day 20 USA NFD
    Day 22 USA NFD
    Day 23 USA NFD
    Day 24 USA NFD
    Had a wonderful time with my family in the sun and sand. I am so greatful to this group! This was the first time in years that I was able to feel good about myself. I am so glad I found this forum in March! I would have never been able to stick to it alone. Now it is my WOL. This Is my first time to check in since my vacation. I actually stayed in bed late because I was scared to weigh, seeing as I ate unlimited foods and proportions for 6 days in a row, but I forced myself onto the scales, anyway. Woo who! 128! Not bad at all! 3 lbs. from my goal! I can’t let up! This is always the hardest part for me, continuing after the trip. In the past, I have been able to work hard right before a trip and lose a few lbs. and look pretty good. Now that I am in my 50’s, it was almost impossible, because I let myself gain more than ever. (40 lbs.) This has to be the year that I keep it off. I don’t want to go backwards. God, help me to move forward and never look back! Amen! It is 7:15 and I am going to try to keep the calories down today and have a FD tomorrow . Just a few more hours of my dragon time and I can get to get bed and look forward to another day!
    Thanks again! You are the best!

Day 24, Germany, NFD
    Day 25, Germany, NFD

Next FD will bei tomorrow.

Day 25
    West Midlands UK
    NFD

Day 25, UK, NFD

The wine last night contributed to 0.5 kg increase on the scales this morning. I still manged to stay below a BMI of 25 though. Just.

Day 25 UK NFD

174.2lbs, 79kg:)) And my waist is down to 30 inches:)) (Proper waist not round belly button , that is quite a bit bigger as the loose skin and lack of abdominal muscles is very evident there)

I had an inadvertent fast day yesterday as was so madly busy that I didn’t eat anything except nibble a few berries out of the garden until half past six. And then only had a small bowl of leftover dhal with plain yogurt.

I had another rabbit bonding to do plus lots of guinea pigs to bath. This time it was between the giant house rabbit belonging to one of the other trustees of the Sanctuary and two of our rabbits which she has been fostering with another of her rabbits who she sadly lost last week. They look absolutely tiny next to the giant fellow. His head and ears are three quarters the size of their whole bodies and they are normal sized rabbits not dwarves. With the size difference it was a bit nerve wracking at first but they are getting on well.

I had got 8 of the 11 guinea pigs bathed when my middle son walked in, arrived for a visit. His brother hadn’t bothered to tell me he was coming! It was a lovely surprise as I hadn’t seen him in six months and he has been much on my mind particularly with all that has happened in London. It turns out that he works right by London bridge overlooking the memorial that has grown up there and often frequents the area they ran through stabbing people after work. I am glad I didn’t realise that at the time, although as it happened on a Saturday he was no where near at the time. And he knows people who knew people who lived in Grenfell Tower. He says the city came close to a riot after the dreadful carelessness behind it came to light.

He was amazed at how different I look! And very pleased by how much better I am feeling. And impressed with the weight his brother has lost too. I wanted to cook him something nice but he wanted fish and chips, so everyone else had something from the chippie which is only a few doors away, while I had the leftover dhal. I can’t bear chips anymore. Living so close to a chip shop we used to eat far too many of them and the last package I had was so greasy and unpleasant that I went off them entirely.

Of course because I didn’t know he was coming I hadn’t planned for it. I have lots of work that I am supposed to do today but I will leave it until tomorrow. With the long days the rabbits aren’t in their hutches as much so their being dirty for an extra day won’t hurt too much. So I will shift my fast day to tomorrow too and cook him something nice today. He, unlike his younger brother, does appreciate my food. If I had known he was coming I would have got a cake and ice cream as his birthday is in two weeks and I won’t see him then, but it as well for ys that I didn’t know as he doesn’t need to eat sugar. The fish and chips was bad enough.

I’ll be glad of my new cushion today as no doubt the boys will want to play board games, although last night they just played online games the way they often do only together for real instead of virtually while I finished my work and then I went in and talked to them while they played. They both get so enmeshed in those games whereas I can’t even look at the screen because it makes me feel sick. Which is probably just as well. I used to really like computer games before the graphics got good enough to trigger my motion sickness. I’m rambling, sorry, but I’m a very happy rabbit today.

Day 25 Belfast NFD
    Succumbed to a couple of gins last night but generally within my TDEE so being very controlled.
    @fatrabbit your progress is amazing. Very well done . Enjoy you son’s visit. I’m sure you love seeing the two boys together.
    @fatteacher. Great result!
    @Redrockgirl and Songbirdme so glad you enjoyed your time together.
    @pippapah in our house it’s ‘what are our plans for today?’ LOL. That’s one to manage for sure!
    Have a good day everyone

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    I think climbing the church tower yesterday did my poor back in….its aching miserably.
    Tomorrow, (again) I plan to get back on the 5:2 wagon….I have at least a stone to lose to get back to my goal weight. My last successful fast-day still being 8th March!!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,551 through 1,600 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.