June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 22 – NFD West Yorkshire UK

Oops haven’t posted for at least a week.
    Wasn’t feeling very well had a chest infection

Started back this week FD yesterday stuck to the plan though I was working away that’s a 1st as I usually change my fast day when I’m working away.

Weigh day is Saturday not expecting to lose anything but we will see.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 22, UK, FD

Second post.
    Evenings are my weak time, I just want to give in and stuff my face. Reading today’s comments is helping me to keep strong & stay away from the fridge.

I wore a pedometer last week & was dissapointed to see that I was only averaging 5,000 steps a day. I don’t drive & I walk to work so was hoping it would be higher. Last 4 days I’ve been walking around the block a few times & walking home the long way to make it up to 10,000 steps, I hope it helps.

Day 22 Post 1 Huntingdon UK FD

Well actually the plan was to be a NFD but i was working with a colleague today who has just started the 5:2 WOL and so I decided to fast with him to support him ( he confided he gets grumpy when hungry …. so thought we could get grumpy together!!!!!) ….. OH yeah … here is me sounding like the expert just having started myself 5 weeks ago !!!

We were delivering some dementia care training and I suggested we left the place where the attendees were having their lunch and go and sit outside and have some low calorie fluids. We happily chatted through lunch break about how things were going with the training and future projects and then returned to the training session. As we left to come home he said…. ” you know we have been so busy I didnt really miss lunch and haven’t felt grumpy at all” So pleased to help a friend through one of their early fast days .

My actual planned FD is tomorrow …. so I am considering a BTB…… I will just see in the morning !!!!
    Keep on keeping on !

Day 22 2nd post Huntingdon UK

@m33 Just caught your post. I have been fasting 2 days per week only the last 4 weeks. At the same time I have been doing steps. I did steps a bit last year and then stopped. I started again this May ending 5:2 simultaneously.So this May I started steps at 10,000 per day and have been moving up bit by bit to 20,000 a day which I grant you is a fair few but once you get used to it its fine. My job is sedentary so it sometimes takes me a couple of hours in the evening to reach that target. What I can tell you is that for me, the calorie control of 5:2 AND the steps has yielded me a calorific deficit such that I am losing about 2.5 lbs per week …… having said that …. I am working hard at it … but am determined to change my body shape and when i reach my goal weight go to maintenance fast and steps which I predict will be less. Keep going with it I would say … happy stepping !

Day 22, Guildford UK, NFD

Vegetable day largely.

Except for a bacon sandwich!

Tomorrow will be a fast day, very hard times at moment and shoulder is in pain.

@safarigirl I am in awe of those steps.

Still Day 22 –

Imrenfrey – that is quite amazing, that’s 55 lbs in 5 months. Did you have plateaus along the way? You say you hope it is sustainable. There are several folks maintaining on this forum so stay plugged in.

UK Glaavegas
    Day 22 NFD
    Another long working day. Im dog tired. Looking forward to fast day.

This is my summer for “meet ups!” Plans are to join @redrockgirl302 for lunch on Saturday in Salt Lake City! I had a thoroughly delightful time with @coda and @chi-town-gal in Chicago, and I fully expect this meet up will be just as great!

Day 23 NFD
    up to 73.1 kgs despite FDs and mindful NFDs. So now have 3.1 kgs to lose in the next week as opposed to just the 2 kg at the start of June ( aiming for 70 kgs).
    Not really sure why the plateau has lasted SOOOOOO – ( since February) long but notice that a few of us are looking at the view from the plateau!
    Cold damp wintery day but REALLY desperate for rain now. Farmers having to hand feed their sheep as there is no feed for them.
    @krisnia it’s so good to know I have company up here on the plateau but looking forward to eventually moving on…πŸ™‚

Day 23 – Tokyo Japan – FD

I’m still following 5:2 but haven’t been following the forums due to too much work. I just got back from a trip to the states. My physical went perfect. However since I didn’t have much control over where I got to eat I decided to just go with the flow for 8 days and to see what would happen. How much weight can one gain in 8 days? Would you believe 8 pounds? On top of that I never eat over 3000 calories in a day.

I think this is just a temporary reaction to a great deal more processed food than I’m used too. I expect the weight will quickly drop, I’m already down 2 of those pounds. However I did pack on a noticeable amount of fat on my mid-line. Next trip I’ll make the effort to avoid as much processed food as possible and see what happens. It just takes a lot more effort to do that in the USA when you are living in hotels. I did that on a earlier trip and didn’t put on any weight.

Day 23 Tas Australia NFD

Day 23 California USA FD

It’s been so hot here today that eating only about 260 calories hasn’t been a problem. I had some canned sauerkraut for dinner that was really salty, way more so than the stuff I ferment myself, so now I’m trying to drink a bunch of water to hopefully flush some of it out so it doesn’t affect my weight tomorrow morning.

Day 23
    NFD
    weather is cooler will take a long walk today, yesterday was FD scales 92.9 this morning so weight still going down started 5:2at 100.8 on April3rd 7.9kg loss more to go to hit my target hopefully at Christmas.

Day 22 Newcastle UK FD
    Is that the end of the summer here in Newcastle rain again 😭
    Has anyone done alternative fasting days and does that work?
    Thought I might try that till the end of the month just to try and catch up after falling off the wagon a couple of times this month. 5lb didn’t seem like a lot to lose in a month it seems a long way off now lol.
    Good luck everyone keep at it.

@annemarilyn – hi, i’m still struggling to adjust to the new me. It is a lot of weight, quickly, no real plateaus, or at least nothing more than a week and there were obvious causes – introducing more exercise, missing fasts etc etc

Day 23 UK NFD 🌈

Happy Friday all. One week left to make a difference this month. If I keep going I might actually see a reduction this month. πŸ‘ŠπŸ»I’m not a 🌲 tree, I can move.

Drink water πŸ’¦πŸ‰
    Choose food wiselyπŸ₯—πŸ₯’πŸ₯‘
    Go to the gymπŸ‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Not hard is it!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ€˜πŸ»πŸ€˜πŸ»πŸ€˜πŸ»

Day 23, Northumberland UK

Not sure yet what today will be, certainly a reduced eating window but will see how the day goes.

Day 23 UK NFD

176.2lbs, 79.9kg Yay:)) Into the seventies:)) I am sure it will bounce up again in the short term but it might be here to stay by thr end of the month.

Yesterday was so much nicer. The old rabbits looked much better, even Atreides who had looked about to drop dead, and they all were happier. I would never choose to live in a hot climate. The poor garden is still suffering. It is amazing that the berries are all still plumping up with no rain. I will have to pick raspberries today, they are ripening faster than we or the birds can eat them off the canes. It is a pity there isn’t any room in the freezer.

Day 23 – Hampshire, UK – FD

I am doing my 3rd fasting day this week in an attempt to shift some of the holiday weight I gained last week, I am still 70kg so would really like to go into the 60s by Monday but lets see.

I went for my first proper run since coming back from holz and i did my 5km in 35 mins, I am so pleased with the time as when I started running about 6 months ago, I use to take around 45-50 mins..I feel a little achy and hungry today but it makes me think that the exercise is eating at my fat so I smile when my tummy rumbles πŸ˜€

@dykask dont worry, it will come off quickly, I put on 4.5 lbs in 7 days when i was on holiday last week and i’ve managed to shift 3.5lb of it in 5 days, its just the reaction of your body to the change in diet. Keep us posted!!

Have a great Friday & weekend everyone, I’ll be back to post on Monday but here are my weekend days as usual:

Saturday – NFD
    Sunday – NFD

Day 23 Newcastle UK FD.
    Wrong day with my last post.

Day 23 Belfast NFD
    @Imrenfrey congratulations on reaching the finishing line. A job well done!
    @songbirdme and @Redrockgirl enjoy every minute of your meeting.

Have a good day, my international friends

@fatrabbit you are going to need a new name!!! Right now you weigh a lot less than me … I about 85kg again. It was a bad idea to go with the flow for 8 days in the states!

WOW … Simply amazing progress!

Day 23, London, UK, NFD

Completed my B2B2B yesterday with a tricky yoga session……… sometimes I just don’t feel like a warrior….. 1 or 2!!!!!

Feeling a bit odd today, my mind seems to be planning a binge …… thoughts of chocolate, biscuits, fast food and pastries have been floating around since last night, I thought, after 6 months, I had control over the ‘ I’ll eat EVERYTHING on tomorrows’ NFD’, but, alas, I’m backsliding and I KNOW it’s because the scales are still doing that bouncy-bouncy @#*% that drives me bonkers!!!!!

control, Control, CONTROL!!!!!!

Last week I celebrated my aunts 90th at a BBQ, this Saturday its my dad’s 92nd so another BBQ, staying away from the wine…. just meat/ salad/ minuscule slice of cake planned!!! If I succumb to cravings today…….. NO cake tomorrow, I know that’s bribery, but it better work like it does for my 6 year old niece!!!!

@steve toon taxi driver, despite what I said above, I like ADF because it seems easier to me to be controlled on NFDs, life sometimes gets in the way and I shuffle days around to suit, hence B2B2Bs, but the ‘science’ says ADF means less strict adherence to TDEE (125% I think) on NFDs doesn’t cancel out your FDs. The day after a FD I tend not to be so hungry, but after 2 or 3 I think deprivation creeps in (today!). Similarly, during 2+ NFDs, the 1st day is controlled after a FD, the 2nd, not so good and I’feel’ hungry even though I know I’m not and if it’s 3 in a row, then all hell breaks loose on the 3rd!!! Muscle memory at its worst!!!!

@dykask…. welcome back, your seat awaits you on the wagon, maybe 16:8 when away from home is the answer……… as well as better choices, but willpower is a fickle friend…. I know!!!!!

I hope everyone is sprinting to the finish line for June, I’m skipping along….. no sprinting here!!!

Good luck everyone, I hope we ALL have 5lb whoosh this week!!!!

Day 23 – UK – NFD

Had a good FD yesterday, but feeling deflated today. Must be something in the air @flourbaby as my mind’s turned to thoughts of cake, crisps and danish pastries too.

Friday is wine night. I really really need to NOT snack.

Day 23 – UAE – FD (28th day of b29b)

Friday is my weight-in day… down 0.4kg this week, 79.3kg

@Strawberriesandcream glad to see that you have employed one of the points I mentioned about Ramadan, it works.

3rd post …

Back in Japan less than 48 hours and my weight has dropped from a lofty 86kg to 83.9kg. The big improvement is my gut is quickly shrinking, it was starting to be bloated. The heat is also probably baking some of the extra water out of me. When I had my physical exam my weight was 82.25kg (181 lbs.). My lows were in the upper 70’s so it was up a bit but way less than last year. Even my bloated 86kg is less than this time last year. 86kg seems to be a set point for me as well as 82kg.

When I move back to the states long term, I just have to bite the bullet and make take the time to go to grocery stores where I can get plenty of unprocessed foods.

This fast has been going easy and I’m 24 hours in. I fasted the day before my trip so over the last two weeks I had around 2.5 fast days instead of 4.

Day 23, Newcastle UK, NFD

@Imrenfrey – congratulations on your dress experience and amazing results. Glad you are going to join the maintenance group.
    Lovely story re your colleague @safarigirl – you must feel good about that.
    @fatveganchickslims – is it your job that stops you getting enough sleep? It seems worrying that you are constantly tired.
    How exciting @songbirdme and @redrockgirl302 – enjoy your lunch date tomorrow.
    Yay – good to hear from you @dykask – I’ve been wondering how you are. Good news on your physical and I bet you shift that temporary excess very quickly.
    @steve toon taxi driver – after reading nearly five months’ of posts, it seems that a regime that fits well with individual’s lives is the most successful. I’ve experimented with a few different things and this last week I’ve found I’m only eating once a day whether FD or not. This has just been the way things went with visitors/work etc. Surprisingly, I’m finding it really suits me and is much easier than chopping and changing from one meal on FDs and two on NFDs. I’ll be interested to hear how ADF works for you if you choose to try it.

Onwards and downwards – we’re in the home stretch now.

2nd post

@clairebear12 – I’ve added you to our database if you’d like to track your details for the remainder of June – entirely up to you – some people like to and others don’t. Just type your info in and leave the spreadsheet – it’s as simple as that. Here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLq0JjjWe8jvsiubsJSS8owJ-qYfGYtY1ceZPkWphLM/edit#gid=0

All the best and look forward to you joining us in July too.

Day 23 Chicago, Illinois USA – FD

@songbirdme I had a great time as well with you, Coda and Roy. It’s always nice to meet people from the virtual world face to face.

@songbirdme and @redrockgirl302 have a great time.

Day 23 USA-WA FD
    Wow day 23 …how did we get here already?

Thanks to everyone about thoughts about LCHF and fasting … very helpful to me! Spurred on by your thoughts, I had a very mindful lower carb day yesterday. Planning on the same today with my fasting calories.

@metatauta This is a very helpful reminder and I will check out the resources you suggested. I really like Dr. Fung and find his videos great for a blast of inspiration. I am not familiar with Dr. Eric Berg, so I will check this out.

@lilymartin I kind of like having a plateau buddy … makes it not so lonely up here! Maybe we can climb off together!

We have another beautiful day here-cool at night and sunny warm days with little humidity. It’s an agricultural area (wheat, hay, lentils) so the fields are very green all around, lots of rolling hills. Thinking about @m33 and your great stepping efforts … good day for that in my neck of the woods!

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, BSD 800 cals

Hello my virtual friends,

Well, tomorrow I will meet one of you in person. Yeah, looking forward to meeting @songbirdme for our lunch date in Salt City!!!

Volunteering at the Utah Arts Festival is awesome but temptations are all around. Unfortunately, I gave into sugar cinnamon covered roasted almonds and cashews. Not just a few, a whole bag! Today the scales told me about it. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

As I continue volunteering through Sunday I better not walk by the carts with all these goodies. I have to tell myself: You had lots of them yesterday, you know how they taste, do they bring you closer to your goal? 😊😊😊

Onwards and downwards!
    Have a great Friday everyone!!!😊🌸🌻🌼⚘

Day 23 – USA (Salt Lake City) – NFD

It was a very controlled FD yesterday until I grabbed a nice morsel of angel food cake at bedtime. I doubt it had more than 100 calories though, so still right at 500 for the day.

Grandma duty today with my 2 adorable littles who are 12 and 9 – not so little anymore. Not sure what the day will bring, but it will be fun. And tomorrow will be another great one meeting up with @redrockgirl302! It is such fun when our virtual world collides with reality.

Onward and downward, everyone!

Day 23 UK NFD – don’t know what’s up with me a the mo ,just obsessing about food, going to try to put it to the back of my mind enjoy the weekend and get back to fasting Monday

@songbirdme & @redrockgirl302 – sounds great – have fun

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Day 23 – SW WA USA – FD

Travelling today through Sunday. A quick trip to the east side of the state. Will try to keep controlled but enjoy connecting with friends and family.
    Am excited for a facial (mini face lift) & a card class today.

@fatrabbit – good for you! I’m so happy for your progress. Of course I wish mine was there too. I’m not planning on giving up.

At year end staff potluck, a colleague said she was going to read the book & get going on 5:2. I told her about the forum. Hopefully she’ll give it a go.

Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

What’s wrong with me? Every evening (on a full stomach) I swear I will fast the next day; every morning after waking up, I change my mind as breakfast beckons. I know this is a mind thing, as when I was so successful last year, any hunger didn’t bother me. It’s as if a switch flicked somewhere around Christmas. I last had a fast day on 8th March, even then a rare occurrence.
    I’ve tried re-reading the book, relaxation CDs….what can I DO? Failure itself is stress-making. Vicious circle.

@clairebear12: As I found out by chance with the spreadsheet, you must press “insert” on the top bar for your entry to stay. Otherwise it doesn’t.

Thanks for your input flourbaby and strawberriesandcream. I don’t think I’d want to do AFD for a long period but it may be useful to get me back on track and down to my goal weight or possibly to be used before I go on holiday or after I get back from one or after a period of time when I have been binging with food and drink.
    I suppose I’m looking for a quick fix lol when I know there isn’t one out there I do believe this is As Good as It Gets for losing weight. 😊

DAY 23 NFD
    Scotland

Not a great FD yesterday – too much temptation.

Aiming to eat mindfully this weekend but without actual calorie counting.

Good luck today if you’re on a FD

Help!

I think I’ve reported a post instead of making a post. Oops. Apologies to whoever that applies to. How can I let ‘them’ know it’s a mistake?

Thanks

Day 23 Oregon USA NFD
    FD failed miserably, I woke up hungry and just couldn’t shake it, so decided it was not the right day for FD.
    I’m going to spend the weekend with some friends that live in the Columbia Gorge. I’m looking forward to getting out of town. I worry about how I will do with my eating. My friends are pretty careful about what they eat and we will be going on a hike in the gorge, so I hope it wont be a big issue. However I know the wine will flow.

Summer has arrived in the Pacific Northwest, expecting 98f (33c)

@safarigirl and @m33 – You both motivate me to start tracking my steps, lack of exercise is one of my main issues.

@songbirdme – How fun that you are meeting one of our virtual friends!!

Day 23, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello all, doing great, well below goal weight – had the whoosh effect from Father’s Day, finally.

Lots of water, lots of exercise (LOTS), had a blueberry, strawberry, banana, vanilla almond milk smoothie for breakfast – about ten. Will probably not have anything else to eat until dinner tonight.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Day 22 – Cumbria UK – NFD
    Day 23 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Did not get to post yesterday as out all day and evening – busy but good – slightly over TDEE

Today is OH Birthday so no FD as we had cake and coffee with our running/walking group this morning after our usual run/walk to celebrate!!! and we are out celebrating this evening as well!!!!!

May not get a 2nd FD in this week but will catch up next week if need be – have been maintaining nicely so far………..

No time to do a big catch up so only reading this current page and commenting – but thinking of everyone who is struggling or doing well with this WOL

@m33 – evenings is a struggle for a lot of us I’m afraid 😈 Someone on a previous challenge came up with the suggestion of closing that kitchen door and brushing teeth once evening meal completed and it does help to reduce the temptation……….well most of the time………
    @lmrenfrey – well done on your achievement πŸ‘ no mean feat! Welcome to the maintenance! Maintenance takes as much effort as losing but with 5:2 it can be done – I have been in maintenance since beginning of December 2016 – I do 5:2 most weeks but some weeks it is 6:1 and I follow a 16:8 eating window and never have breakfast – I have stayed below my target of 55kg/121lbs by following this WOL.
    @flourbaby – Mind over matter today for you – you have got this πŸ˜‡
    @dykask – nice to see you on the forum again – that itty bitty weight you have gained will disappear in no time!!!!
    @songbirdme and @redrockgirl302 – enjoy your lunch date tomorrow πŸ₯‚
    @clairebear12 – Welcome – the support the forum offers is invaluable in helping us achieve our goals and then maintaining that goal
    @ciren2 – Why don’t you just try skipping breakfast and doing some 16:8 days and build back up to a FD maybe try some 800cals BSD type FD – Stay strong and positive my cyber friend – YOU CAN DO THIS

“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; If you can dream it, you can become it” William Arthur Ward

Day 24 second post
    @krisnia thank you so much for being my plateau buddy! I really need one at the moment.
    I am determined not to give in and stop fasting or trying to eat mindfully but have to admit that the past month or so has been very difficult.
    With the best will in the world and the best effort when weight is going UP I find it hard to be upbeat. It does make me have a better FD but if I hadn’t committed to do 5:2 for 12 months ( started in November 2016) I do think I would have given up by now!
    @ciren2, I feel for you too. I think we must be in a similar mindset though I have done a lot of good FDs. But often my ‘won’t power ( as in I WON’T eat ……) ‘ is not as strong as my ‘willpower’ ( as in I WILL eat …. and blow the consequences.)
    1 week to a wedding that I had hoped to be thinner and fitter for. Now will have to go to plan ‘B’ for wedding attire.
    Should probably not have had the whole row of chocolate….or the cheesecake…. or the chicken twists ( which I have NEVER had before and bought today at a drive-through Chicken Treat)… whoops…. the plateau suddenly looks a LOT bigger than I remembered.
    Now where ARE those mountain boots…

Day 23-ABQ, NM – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was great. I made it in under 600 calories, which is normally really hard for me.

I’ve discovered a dessert that makes me feel happy but isn’t too onerous calorie-wise. It’s 1/2 cup of lowfat or full fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup of cut up fruit or berries, a splash of vanilla extract and a generous dash of cinnamon on top. Number of calories depends on the fat content of the yogurt and the type of fruit. For instance, lowfat yogurt with strawberries is only about 105 calories, whereas full fat with blueberries is about 150. Anyway, it’s delicious!

@at and @m33: I agree that brushing the teeth is an excellent way to help yourself stop eating. I like to use a little fluoride rinse too…which only works if you eat and drink nothing for 1/2 hour afterwards. Definitely halts the momentum.

Today is a NFD and not even a controlled day because it’s home made pizza night and I’m going to have some white wine (before) and pumpkin mousse (after).

2nd post

@at @keetseel will definitely try the night time brushing. Thanks for the tip.

day 23 post 1 Huntingdon UK CD

@awilson… glad to be of help to motivate you with the steps!!!

so yesterday turned into a FD with colleague at work but today should have been my regular fast day and my intention was to try my first B2B. However as well as the B2B I have also done 20,000 steps each day . The other problem today was that brother in law and wife arrived and wanted to eat out for lunch . So i had some grilled chicken and salad that would have kept me under 500calories but it was at lunch time rather than teatime which is what I am used to … so this evening the tummy fuel gauge had reached rock bottom. In the last 2 days I have used about 4800 calories exercising ( According to my fitbit) but only taken on board 1000 in food and drink so I have just had to give in and eat 150 calories of protein. Am starting to feel better already as I was beginning to feel so tired and weak……so today has not really been a FD but a CD instead . Pretty pleased anyway …. hope the scales are kind over the next few days as we get to the end of June .

Day 23 * Germany * NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.