June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 21–ABQ–CD

@flourbaby: Haha, you are right! My mind must have been thinking about the song ‘white rabbit’ and conflating it with the ‘Jefferson’ part.

Turns out the rabbit’s name is ‘Jefferson Colonel’ which my daughter keeps reminding me was NOT her idea. That’s why she calls her Jeffy.

@(Notso)fatrabbit: 90 bunnies, 90 names. Your creativity must be boundless.

Two more days of 100+ weather here and then back down to the 90s and maybe a little drop of rain…we hope.

Stay hydrated everyone!

Day 22 – NZ – NFD

Day 21 – SW WA USA – FD

Have a retirement for a colleague at the end of the school day so may nibble a little there depending on the choices. So far only a small granny smith & about 1 oz of cheese.

@fatrabbit – your son is doing well, yay!

Hang in there everybody & remember that together we are stronger!

2nd post –
    I forget who talked about the fat bombs, but I’ve just made my 2nd batch. This one with raspberries, strawberries, cream cheese & some stevia. They’re so refreshing!

Day 21, Mountaintop PA, USA

@lilymartin Summer Solstice and Longest Day of the Year in the Northern Hemisphere. My favorite day. I was up before 6, on the mountain trail by 7:30 for my usual 4 mile trek. Have been enjoying the beautiful sunshine and cool breezes.

@fatrabbit So happy you enjoyed wearing your favorite vintage dress. I love the classics I have had for years. Have been walking away the pounds for the past 3 1/2 years, with the last 7 months on the IF Fast 5:2. 43 pounds total and down four sizes to a US 10. Love zipping up those sheath dresses.

Today I earned my 5000 mile Africa Fitbit badge. Three year anniversary with Fitbit this week. It’s the everyday motion that keeps us limber and complements the fasting. One day at a time!

Have recently been introduced to full fat Greek Yogurt. What a nice creamy filling treat flavored with vanilla and some stevia. Also enjoy a small handful of nuts most days.

Going to a family wedding this weekend. Will bring my party dresses and dancing shoes. I will enjoy the wedding feast and whatever else is served. Time for celebration.

UK Glasvegas
    Day 20 NFD
    Day 21 FD
    Working too long sleeping too little…again πŸ˜‚ Gym and friend catch up on tuesday – we were catching up for 4.8 km. Im well pleased that I managed to fit in some excersie because today I just physically couldnt make it.
    Today I miscalculated how many hours I should do today aand HR will kill me if they ll notice. Lets hope no one will be too diligent.
    Im in a bubbly bath soaking trying to calm whirring wheels on my head. Too much coffee me thinks. I ve got few pages of catching up to do. Onwards and downwards everyone!

Day 21 – USA (Utah, visiting daughter) – NFD

Made it to our daughter’s – hot days out west here in the USA. It’s always a challenge to be here with her and granddaughters, but generally I’ve been able to keep my weight at maintenance.

Onward and downward!

Day 21, Germany, NFD

My cushion arrived and I was able to sit out in the garden on a plastic chair without hurting and enjoy the afternoon. So thanks again to all who suggested it. Heat certainly is more bearable when you aren’t working. And under the trees. There was an enormous temperature differential between the front of the house and the back. I’m surprised the new tar they put down for the new road surface didn’t melt again it was so hot out there. I don’t think the rabbits would have coped out there, one of the oldest didn’t look too good this evening as it was. I hope the temperature drops soon and he recovers. It feels as though there ought to be a big storm but so far they have missed us. The air is getting muggier and muggier. Feeding them all was hard work tonight. This time Eric decided to hide from me in a tunnel. They can be so awkward! And yes naming them allncan be tricky. It isn’t just the 90 rabbits I have here now, I have named well over a thousand animals in the eleven years I have been running the Sanctuary. I always say that if I can’t remember the name it isn’t the right one. I like the name Jefferson, I might use that. We had guinea pigs I called Washington and Roosevelt years ago. I always give guinea pigs human names because they talk so much. Rabbits I try to give natural names, of flowers or trees, or rivers, or animals. So there is Daisy, Oak, Peony, Pansy, Beech, Birch, Yarra, Murray…and yes I could easily list every name, at least the current ones.

Day 22 Tas Australia NFD

Day 22 NFD country west Australia

Day 22 – UAE – FD (27th day of b29b)

@fatrabbit – I just love the image of you and your 90 rabbits! Best wishes xx
    And thanks everyone for your continued support. It really helps xx

Day 22 UK FD

179lbs. Bouncing Bertha is living up to her name! Only 1 pound down for the entire month so far. Oh well it is successful maintenance…

So glad it has cooled down!

Day 22
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 22 FD
    Scotland

Let’s see how my willpower holds out when I go to the Royal Highland Show. There are a lot of food stalls and temptation everywhere. Might give myself 1000kcal instead of 500.

We can do this, all your brilliant, positive stories show that. Thank you x

Day 22 UK FD 🌈

Hi all, successful FD yesterday nearly, I say nearly as the shopping arrived and rather than put it all away, I dived in. So 200 cals over 500 I would say, oops. But still 700 cals for that day I’m proud, helped by drinking lots of water. Helped by it being so hot.

Have a good day all. X

Heard a good quote yesterday, “if you don’t like where you are, move, you are not a tree” 🌳🌲🌴 so obvious πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Off tree moving and dragon slaying now, have to get them all under control, over-eating dragon,self-sabotage dragon, late night eating dragon and water dragon all need a good sending on their way! πŸ‰

Day 22, Northumberland UK, NFD

Day 22 Newcastle UK NFD.πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
    FD completed successfully well it will be by 12 noon today 😁 8 days left for this months challenge that’s going by fast. Hopefully I can have a strong focused end to the month.
    Have a great day everyone.

Day 22 wales UK – FD

Day 22 UK NFD. Yesterday was a disaster,not going to dwell on it aim for a balanced day to day and hope that reset button isn’t too far out of reach.

Day 21/22 NFD MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA

Good afternoon all. Quick check in before grandchildren arrive home from school. Have a great day everyone.

Day 22 – UK – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was good – feel like I’ve lost that bloated feeling after last weekend. It’s amazing how quickly fasting helps the body recover 😊

Day 22 Belfast FD

I went to bed last night buzzing from the beauty of the dance. It was just magical. I lay in bed and replayed the performance.
    This morning brings another funeral. I guess that’s part and parcel of getting older but this is of a young man who still had lots of living to do. It puts life into perspective.

Am starting a pocket list. Add you name as usual if you wish to join.
    @taraga
    @fatrabbit
    @Shera1000
    @hotchoc
    @lynzm
    @m33
    @debster251
    Hope I haven’t missed anyone.
    Have a good day my fellow 5:2ers.

Day 22, London, UK, FD (3rd of unplanned B2B2B)

Ok, so I decided that this was taking far too much brain power!!!! I’m going to finish June as B2B2Bs which I’ll complete on my 3 days at work, Tue-Thurs, and possibly throw an extra FD in depending on what the scale says!!! I find it easier to fast at work, and I like to have my entire week planned otherwise my food choices become those of me before 5:2………….controlled by the carb dragon!!!!!

I hope everyone is forging onwards & downwards!!! It’s only 9 days to go for June……. I think it’s time for that titanic PUSH!!!!!

Day 22: Hampshire, UK – NFD

Weighed myself this morning and i’m 70kg woohoo (1.5kg down in 4 days), just 0.5kg left to recover from the holiday gain, I plan to do 4:3 this week so I will fast on Friday, with some luck I will be back to my pre-holiday weight by next week leaving me 1 week in june to loose something…i plane to go on 5:2 from next week to make it easier to continue with life.

Happy Thursday everyone πŸ™‚

Day 22 * Germany * FD

Hi All. I Wish you all luck in this challenge hope you all do well. Can i join if you all do one for july as its to late for me to join this june one. I have tried fasting a number of times dont seem to beable to do it lately but really want to as ive put on 3 stone and need to shift it. Would apreciate any tips and success stories xxxxxx

Day 22, Newcastle UK, FD

Enjoyed a good FD yesterday. Interestingly, I employed one of @taraga‘s points of Ramadan and when I thought of having a lump of brie I gave myself a stern talking to and said “have some self control girl!” It worked and then I had one of those lightbulb moments. I realised that there is a big difference between relying on my motivation or willpower to see me through – as though I am having an internal fight with either or both and whoever wins determines the outcome. But yesterday I felt different, I took the power away from my ‘motivation and willpower’ and took control myself. No doubt I had a lot of self control when I started this WOL in February, but as I near my target, it has weakened more often than it should – hence my slower progress over May and June. I can now see that to be successful in maintenance will require me to constantly, mindfully, employ my self control – as demonstrated by our group of successful maintainers. Hope my little insight is clearer than mud!

Pocket list for 22/6 as started by @debster251
    @taraga
    @fatrabbit
    @Shera1000
    @hotchoc
    @lynzm
    @m33
    @debster251
    @Strawberriesandcream

@chocolatemilkshake – 16:8 is a self imposed eating window that hopefully helps achieve 5:2 by limiting the amount of food eaten. Generally, it seems people doing 16:8 are no longer eating breakfast. However, so long as you are confident that you are sticking to your calories limit on FD and no more than TDEE calories on NFDs, you will see results.
    @saffy420 – hurray for your whoosh! πŸ™‚ @steve toon taxi driver – sounds like you enjoyed a perfectly normal life event and you’ll have enjoyed what you ate and see it as an occasional treat – or you may have decided you don’t actually enjoy that kind of ‘treat’ any longer. @at‘s quote yesterday regarding the 80:20 rule is very apt.
    Great news @Imrenfrey – are you calling target now and joining our maintainers?
    @krisnia – on the whole I am avoiding refined carbs (biscuits/cakes) and heavy natural carbs such as bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. That is automatically reducing my calorie intake and I my appetite is satiated on meat, fish, poultry and lower carb veg and salads and cheese/full fat yogurt/nuts/seeds. I am eating more fresh fruit now and even though I’m aware it is higher in carbs than veg, for me the fibre and fullness element is negating the extra calories. On meals out I definitely employ the 80:20 rule and look upon heavier carbs and desserts as occasional treats.
    Hope you enjoy a lovely lunch with hubby today @lindasue πŸ™‚
    @steffieagle – yes, full fat greek yogurt is so much better than fat free – for taste as well as satiation. Enjoy your wedding and especially the dancing!!
    @lynzm – well done on yesterday. One of our virtual friends once advised me to look back at my past posts if I needed some inspiration. I’m remembering your list of action steps that you posted the other week. Your self sabotage dragon deserves to be hit over the head with them! How dare it?!

Have a great day folks – together we are stronger!

2nd post

@clairebear12 – welcome – it’s never too late to start, so feel free to join us for the final third of June if you wish. There will be a July challenge – I believe @coda will be leading it. You’ll see a new forum for it being set up towards the end of the month.

Day 22 – UK – NFD

Day 22 – UK – FD

Mixture of sunshine and cloud today – looking forward to a bit of rain later on to help cool the house down.

Adding myself to the Pocket list for 22/6 as started by @debster251
    @taraga
    @fatrabbit
    @Shera1000
    @hotchoc
    @lynzm
    @m33
    @debster251
    @strawberriesandcream
    @pippapah

Day 22…..Florida…..NFD

I’m not a tree, but trying to move all this weight is becoming more difficult. Let just say, if I was in the maintenance phase of this plan, I would be doing wonderfully!

On Tuesday, I did some reflection and I realized that my soda, pop, fuzzy drink all depending on your region, had increased considerably. So, I revised with the intent to get less of that stuff in me and more of the clear stuff aka water. It seems to be helping. I also have moved my weigh in day back to Sat.

Clairebear…. welcome! Keep reaching for a full FD, you’ll reach it. The first couple FD are hard but remember you are retraining your mind, body and soul, and like everything, we do we much practice, practice and practice.

Okay, well….. I’m off!

Kung-fu fight? Everyone? Are you sure?

2nd post @strawberriesandcream – I’m in two minds. My target was always to get to this weight, so I’m now looking at the flabby bits that are left trying to decide if it’s actually weight I need to lose, or just toning that’s required. Another 2kg would take me to the middle of the range in terms of healthy BMI which is the other possible target. I think I’m going to drop to 6:1 and keep counting on NFD for now, and see how that goes. I think some of the late night snacking and lack of control is related to this dilemna and how I’m going to find that balance.

I tried a dress on this morning that has stayed in the wardrobe for 17 years for purely sentimental reasons, and it is loose, which pushes me towards the decision to not get any smaller and just try and tone.

I’ll certainly stay with you to the end of the challenge for June though, and I’ll be staying on the forums as I think given the rate I’ve managed to lose the excess weight, maintenance may be more challenging.

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Successful FD yesterday, feel back in the groove to make up for my sloppy April and May fasting. Had some spiralized zucchini with fresh squeezed lemon, salt and pepper for dinner. Made quite a big plate and was very fresh and a satisfying summer FD meal! Congrats, all who got your “whooshes” and those who are near to maintenance. I won’t be there for quite some time, but I am content to keep posting and hearing all your stories, my cyber friends!

Day 22 USA-WA NFD
    Still on my epic plateau, but I got my latest results from my blood work and my sodium level is back in the low range of normal, which is good. My doc told me to keep doing what I’m doing, which is kind of a drag because what she has me doing is drinking a lot of Propel (electrolyte replacement fluid) and some supplemental sodium tablets, but at least it is working and I feel better!

@debster251 and @metatuate thanks for the info about low carb and how you work with that and 5:2. I feel so much better when I keep the carbs on the low side, but I need to go back to full fat yogurt and definitely more blasts of high protein.

One thing I find to be true about this WOL is that it seems that, when I listen, my body is developing a much stronger “voice” that says “I need to eat this now to be healthy,” which is a different voice than the hunger/sugar dragon voice! I am trying to listen to what sounds like the healthy nutrition voice. Onward and downward (or at least plateauing with styleπŸ™‚).

Day 22 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, BSD 800 cals

Hi all,
    Had a whoosh as well and I am .4 pounds from my June goal. Hope to be able to get rid of less than half a pound by Tuesday morning. Then off to a 5 day vacation. 😊😊😊

@songbirdme: I am volunteering at the Utah Arts Festival starting today through Sunday. Would be fun to meet.

Onwards and downwards, dear cyber friends! 🌺🌻🌼

Day 22 Massachusetts USA FD I missed yoga class this am, I’ll make it next week. I’m not as good at getting up and out early! Someone just mentioned “epic plateau” and that’s what I’m on. When I did 5/2 in 2013 I lost 16 pounds in 4 months. This time, I’ve lost 8 pounds in 6 months. I really don’t find the FD’s difficult and I track calories ever day, I watch carb intake. I could watch sugar intake better on NFD’s, even though I stay at TDEE. I’m waiting for a whoosh effect. Still comittted because I was so content when I spent a year at my ideal weight. I trust this will work as a WOL, just hoping for better results soon. πŸ™„

Day 22 – USA – NFD

@krisnia, you’re welcome! We are all learning together what works for us and it’s great to get tips, isn’t it? Just a reminder that the amount of daily protein on LCHF should be moderate, not high. High protein turns into glucose, which will defeat your purpose. See free YouTube videos by Dr. Jason Fung, Dr. Eric Berg. They will explain it way better than I.

Day 22 – UK – FD

Hope you are all having a lovely day my global friends πŸ€—

Adding myself to the Pocket list for 22/6 as started by @debster251
    @taraga
    @fatrabbit
    @Shera1000
    @hotchoc
    @lynzm
    @m33
    @debster251
    @strawberriesandcream
    @pippapah
    @yolina

Day 22 Oregon USA FD
    I had a fun day yesterday with my girlfriends and didn’t gain any weight!! Yippee!!
    Looking forward to yoga this morning.

@mogaman – I’m sending you positive thoughts for good news.
    @steffieagle – Congratulations on your 5000 miles, you inspire me!!

Day 22 – USA *(Utah, visiting) – FD

Just like @tlc2 I need a FD to reset my body, water weight, and metabolism. Gone do it today, well maybe just a modified 16:8.

Wow, @redrockgirl302 – sure would be fun! Let me look it up and see if I can swing it to find you! I know I have some “Grandma” duties over the next several days, but it might just work. Email me at SongBirdMe@aol.com with some more about you. I am Gwynne BTW.

Onward and downward – keep safe from the heat, northern hemisphere!

Day 22- Montreal- NFD

Day 22–ABQ–FD

Adding myself to the Pocket list for June 22:
    @taraga
    @fatrabbit
    @Shera1000
    @hotchoc
    @lynzm
    @m33
    @debster251
    @strawberriesandcream
    @pippapah
    @yolina
    @keetseel

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: Yet another NFD to add to my l o n g list of them.
    Last FD was definitely 8th March, I looked it up. However, DO keep trying…

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday. Plans unexpectedly changed, and it was easier to keep controlled. I am in good company it seems, of several on a plateau. Hopefully, our whoosh will come.

@Imrenfrey – congrats for reaching your goals weight wise. How long was your journey?

@awilson – love it, you had a fun time and didn’t gain weight.

End of year goodies at school. Staying controlled so far. Just a couple of more days to go.

Day 23 – NZ – NFD

Hi Thanks for the tips. Yes I will join in for the last week try and get myself ready for the july challenge. I will fast tomorrow. Thanks.

3rd post
    @annemarilyn – it seems to have been very quick and as I move towards maintenance I just hope it is sustainable. I started with calorie restriction and reduced carbs, based on reading the Blood Sugar Diet at the start of February, moving to 5:2 at the end of March. So almost 5 months.
    I am amazed at how much weight I have lost in that time, and how much I have shrunk – both more than I thought possible when I started. I am down 25kg (almost 4 stone) from my heaviest point, although that was slightly artificial following a preiod of definite over indulgence, and I have lost 10-15cm(4-6″) from my waist, hips and bust – I don’t have all of those measurements from when I was biggest. I’ve dropped 2 clothing sizes, and slimmed down in places I didn’t realise were carrying fat. More importantly, I feel so much healthier.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.