July 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 421 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 441 total)

• Day 2 USA NFD

Hello everyone! A quick glance through the posts shows me some “old” friends are back to the forum. Great!!

I have no time to read posts or respond right now. DH has come home early from work and within 30 minutes DD and the two DGDs will be arriving for a little party with take out. The oldest DGD will once again be sleeping over tonight, and then we are taking her shopping tomorrow.

I will try to catch up this evening when little DGD is watching television or reading.

Stay strong, and thanks for supporting each other so well with your posts.

2nd post

I’m longing for a beer. The coldness, the wetness, the carb calories…sigh. Instead, I have a bowl of baby carrots sitting beside me, and I’m crunching away on them, drinking water (and, I have to admit, that water tastes pretty good!), and reminding myself I’m no longer on vacation and must behave like a reasonable person, and beer at 2:50 in the afternoon is absolutely uncalled for.

Something just clicked to explain why I’ve gained so much weight since Easter. I was gone on a week’s vacation, I was consumed with my hymn fest, I was doing VBS and enjoying the visit of DD and DGD, and then I was gone again for ten days–and I missed posting on many of the days since Easter…possibly even half of them?

So, all those people who’ve commented that they have to post to keep themselves accountable? I’ve just realized I’m proof positive of how true that is! I’ve always been faithful because I like the chatter, but now it’s clear that it’s also a big part of keeping me on track!

Second Post

Glad you are home from your vacation and joining us again, @stitchincarol! And @funshipfreddie – VERY glad you are back with us, as you were mentioned and wondered about from time to time. Glad you are healthy and sharing this challenge with us.

Just remember, everyone…..whatever food or drink is tempting you on a FD, you can have the next day; remember how good you feel when you’ve accomplished a good FD, or stayed within your TDEE, or met your exercise goals. Those feelings of accomplishment need to be held on to and thoroughly enjoyed. They are deserved. Let’s all do some “halo polishing” this month!😇

Day 3, U.K. NFD

Good FD-700 yesterday.

Another delicious recipe from DrClare Bailey’s book – smoked salmon omelette 😋

Right 2 x non fast days this weekend and I must try to behave myself!

I’m going to try to do extra exercise to try to get these last four pounds OFF!!!

@stitchincarol – have come to realise more and more how true your above statement is! Checking in daily is a good way of trying not to go too off-piste on non fast days!!!!

Happy weekend everyone xx

Second Post

@stitchincarol – also love the fact that you’re logging in to tell us you fancy a beer… I so get you!

Love your comment that you have to keep remind yourself that you’re back from vacation and that you have to start behaving like a ‘normal’ person again! I love that! I will remember all your comments as I go through my weekend…….

Ps well done on the carrots & water!!!!!

Day 3 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Been absent for a lot longer than I realised! You probably haven’t missed my morning bletherings, but it’s funny how quickly you can get out of the habit! I used to ‘call in here’ every morning with a mug of coffee, but since 13th June ended up occasionally popping my head round the door for a quick looksee later in the day when I wasn’t in ‘habit mode@ so hardly read much and didn’t post anything!
    @at … Sorry for not contributing and supporting June, but I’m sure everything ticked along regardless.

@northerndawn … Thanks for hosting July, will try and put in an appearance until towards the end of the month when we will be away for a holiday trip again!

July is the month I joined the 5:2 forum and this is coming up to the end of my second year. How much has changed and so much has happened, but regardless of everything, still going well.

I’ll try and catch up on the posts since I went AWOL, certainly have a little more time again soon, the neighbourhood gardens I’ve been tending will stop over the next few days, everyone will be back home! It’s been quite a job for the last few weeks.

Take care all.

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Thanks for the warm ‘welcome back’. @jaifaim; yes, we’re halfway through another 14 day level 4 lockdown & alcohol sales ban. Fortunately I have a little stash hidden away, so I’m pacing myself & hoping the 14 days doesn’t get extended.

Long story short, I’ve moved – twice! – in the last 10 months. And I totally lost the plot with the FDs. I was still following TRE & not eating until noon or later. But then I started trying to follow low-carb & even dabbled with the carnivore diet for a while 😱. Very boring & not sustainable. And I still managed to put on about 6 kgs. So I’ve just finished 3 weeks of 4:3 & I’m back down to a respectable 75 kgs. I’d like to shift another 3 kgs to get back to where I was when I was posting daily. I also fell off the exercise wagon. I did actually join a local gym last month; then I came down with a bad cold, sinusitis & now of course they’re all closed because of the lockdown.

Anyway, lessons learned! It’s good to be back 😃

Day 3 UK NFD

Of course we missed you @i-hate-lettuce and @funshipfreddie Good to have you both back👋 , a few of us are aiming to go back to basics this month and aim to post daily so the more the merrier

I admire your resolve @stitchincarol , day time beers are a lovely treat but all too easy to become a habit so well done on the water

Day 3 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Good morning. Looks like my post from yesterday went awol. Just a quick checkin to say thanks @northerndawn for hosting. My goal this month is to lose 3 lbs.

I thought last month was a disaster weight-wise but I got on the dreaded scales today and I lost 4 pounds in June. I attribute that to posting daily to stay accountable and reading all your wonderful posts. Last month I was getting my house ready to sell. It was on the market for one day – I accepted the first offer, so happy I don’t have to keep the place clean and tidy for possible buyers. I’ll be moving in September, yippee.

@stitchincarol – sometimes a cold beer just hits the spot 😊

Day 3 Pocket list
    @dvw

Day 3 OMAD London

Thought I’d better post a bit more often. This is a lifeline. So, I bought a pair of Toast jeans from a charity shop recently – lovely quality and I thought they were my size – couldn’t find the label! Put them on at home and they were very tight – I could get them done up so long as I didn’t want to breathe. Felt a bit fed up, took them off, found the label (…) and realised they were a size smaller than my normal size. Cheered up immediately.

Have a lovely weekend all.

Canada Day 2 NFD

Checking in for accountability before I head out to work.

Day 3 – UK – TDEE

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday’s NFD – our special meal from HAAR and the English sparkling 🥂 from Chapel Down that accompanied it was 😋 so today will be below TDEE

Woke up to a damp and grey day here – a bit of change after all the glorious sunshine we have been enjoying so planning a lazy day at home catching up with chores….

@funshipfreddie – great to have you back – goodness you have had a busy 10 months and absolutely right there is nothing like daily posting for accountability
    @michelinme – you are on the right track – 6lbs was a great loss for June and a great motivator as you say
    @stitchincarol – great to have you with us for July – what a lot of travelling over the past 2 weeks – you must be glad to be back home
    @i-hate-lettuce – great to have you back – looking after all those gardens must have kept you out of mischief!! I think we were all a bit quiet in June but many are making a great commitment to posting more regularly in July, myself included so looking forward to your daily posts too – happy 2nd anniversary to joining the forum!
    @dvw – great to see your post – an effective June for you with 4lbs dispatched – what a quick sale of your house, well worth all the prep work you put it!
    @emma-taylor – that was a lovely surprise with your Toast jeans find

OH has just returned from his daily run…….yes even in the rain!!! I’ll join him for a cup of tea whilst he has his post run feast!!!

“The Road May Be Bumpy But Stay Committed To The Process”

Day 3 – USA/GA – NFD FEAST DAY

Yes, putting that in all caps because we’re celebrating Independence Day this evening as an extended family and I want to be sure I keep any morning and mid-morning meals as light as I can. I may or may not technically do ZBC this morning, but thankfully it’s already after 10 a.m., so I’ll just be careful of eating much of anything at all until they all arrive later today.

Today’s weigh-in: 223 lbs. Just a pound gain over yesterday, so not bad. Next week will either be a 4:3, if I can fast tomorrow, or a 5:2. Pretty sure the week after that will be a 5:2. No problem at all; just have to be sure I practice eating under the 210s TDEE on most NFDs so I can get there this month. To be dangling within a few pounds of that simple goal is too much of a tease. I want to do this lol

Good luck to everyone today!

Day 3, London Uk, NFD

Aiming to be mindful, but I broke my fast far too early and I’m hoovering up anything within sight!!! At least I’ll stay HFLC, but a slab of Gruyere doesn’t bode well for the scales, no matter how low carb!!!!😜😂😝

Welcome back @funshipfreddie, hump days haven’t been the same without you!!! 💜

@i-hate-lettuce, I’ve been missing my “”Tales from the lakes”, glad to see you’re back too!! 💜

@stitchincarol, well there’s an opening line ……………………………………..”I’m longing for a beer”

Oh @emma-taylor, someone, somewhere was smiling down on you!! There’s nothing better than a huge negative turning into an enormous positive making you think …………………. “why would I assume it HAS to be bad news???”

@northgeorgia, life is for living and this particular WOL allows us to join those “eat anything skinnies😤” ……………………………….. for one day only!!!! Enjoy your Independence Day celebrations!!! 🎆🎇

Stay strong folks, we’ve got this!!!

Day 3 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all, I had a lovely night out with friends last night and I’ve had a very quiet day today because I’m not used to being out eating and drinking… So not really very good for much.🙄

From Monday I’m going to apply myself – will go back to doing all the things I know work for me but I’m letting myself relax a little before then. It’s been a tough week so that is my excuse 😂

Great to see familiar names back with us 💕
    I hope that you’re all having a good weekend.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3 USA NFD

Just got home from out and about with DH and DGD. We ate out at a restaurant after finding her a new bow for archery and having a great guy give her a lesson. She was hitting bullseyes before it was over……she’s 9, and her confidence was soaring. She thinks she is pretty awesome right now. (And she is 😁).

I ate a” steak and three cheese dip” appetizer with homemade tortilla chips, and it was absolutely delicious. I gave some to DH and DGD, and brought half home for later, so I feel like I did manage a degree of restraint.

Tomorrow, even though it’s Independence Day, I will try to grill or roast an assortment of veg and stick to that for the day. It remains very hot here, over 90F for today and next two days. The heat is tiring and limits time outdoors and in the garden. I’m hoping temps will moderate as we advance into July.

@i-hate-lettuce and @dvw it’s good to have you on board again. Love your posts and your descriptions of life where you each live. Congrats on selling your house so quickly, @dvw…….As I think I have mentioned before, having a house on the market and having to show it at a moments notice is a memory that is more like a nightmare for me. UGH!

@emma-taylor – What a great story to share with us! If only that would happen to me, too! That must feel SUPER! (That’s a favorite Minnesota word, by the way, 😉)

@jaifaim – Enjoy your quiet day and get to bed early? You probably already are. Have a moderate day tomorrow and see you Monday with your renewed resolve for a FD.

Together we are stronger! Best of luck for a good weekend, however you define that.

Day 4 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

This is a first for me for many years, I watched the England football match last night on TV, never watched a full match since I watched a cup final with my dad, that’s over 50 years ago!!! I must be about the only person in the country who found it ‘entertaining’ rather than exciting, but well done to the team. I was probably also one of the few watching who never had a drink either 🙂

Where have I been? On garden duties and just generally busy, making the most of the weather and the walks, suddenly found the stock of beer was well down, BBQ’s and sharing with friends had made a big hole in the bottle store. So had to set to and have a few brewing days, think I can manage one more before the end of the month when we go for a proper 2 week holiday, fingers crossed.

Hope those who have had varying health problems are improving and getting on the right side of things. I still strongly suspect (in fact I’m certain) that losing the weight prior to this time last year made my response to treatment and recovery much better. A big part of this was the 5:2 WOL and this group, so feeling glad to be back.

@funshipfreddie – Sound like you’ve been rather busy while you’ve been away from the Monthly Challenges, amazing how life takes over so quickly. I found I just got out of the habit of ‘calling in’.

Take care all.

Day 4, London, UK, NFD,

As usual for a S🌞nday it’s rather quiet, or is it just early?!!

I feel like I need a FD, but realistically, I doubt that today is ‘that’ day, so rather than try and fail and start weeping😭 in despair, we’ll call it a NFD but I’ll try to be controlled, yesterday I had a HFLC dinner with smoked Gouda & bacon cauliflower mash …………………….. My goodness, that’s definitely going on my weekly cooking list!!!

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/bacon-smoked-gouda-cauliflower-mash-low-carb-gluten-free/

@dvw, congratulations on the house sale👏, I ‘sold’ my flat after 3 weeks on the market, it helped that it was entirely refurbished & empty😁, but the actual process is still happening, with a completion date at least a month away, if only it took this long to buy a bar of chocolate …………………………. My impatience would make me as svelte as a gazelle!!!! 👌

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks, Stay mindful 👀 though!!!!

Day 4 – UK – TDEE

Happy Sunday to all and wishing all our American friends a special Happy Independence Day!

Planning on getting out early whilst it’s dry for a quick walk today as I have been rather sedentary for the last couple of days!

We got a fair bit of rain last night but I’m not complaining as the garden needed it and I was fast asleep!!

Catch up tomorrow a bit more….

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Starting the week with a FD🥊 One more week of 4:3, or maybe 3:4 depending on how the scales behave. Taking no prisoners!

Happy July 4th 🇺🇲 to all the American forum members! 🎆🎉🎈

@i-hate-lettuce – sounds like you’re well on the way to a full recovery!🍾 So it’s England v Denmark on Wednesday; but they play so late?! It’ll be 10 pm here by the time they kick off, & my eyes won’t stay open beyond 11 pm 💤

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @funshipfreddie

Day 4 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

Good morning all.

Happy July 4th!

The FD yesterday did not go as expected. I had a bit too much cheese and granola 😔- delicious but too much. Today I’ll eat to TDEE. This morning I weigh 130.6 lbs and by August 1 I’ll weigh 128. I put this in black and white to make the commitment, I have some challenging days coming up. By challenging I mean fun and sociable, ha ha ha.

@funshipfreddie – take no prisoners! I like your attitude. 😀
    @flourbaby – thanks, I’m so happy I don’t have any potential buyers coming through. 3 weeks to sell is great, congrats.
    @at – rainy and blustery here. I’d love to get some proper rain gear for walking on days like these.
    @northerndawn – so nice you can give your GD such an empowering and fun experience, wonderful.
    @jaifaim – Mondays are for beginnings, it will be waiting for you. I’m planning a FD for tomorrow, maybe we can do one together.
    @emma Taylor – so funny about the jeans, what a great feeling.

Take care all.

Day 4 – Ireland. 🇮🇪 – NFD

Hey, good to see the forum livening up with posters old and new. Coming on here really does keep you accountable, even though yesterday afternoon was a dry roasted peanuts and gin and tonic in the garden kind of day.

No fasting today either, but will be mindful, and tomorrow is the big reset. I might follow your routine @high5, with keeping it OMAD and see how that works or me.

Unfortunately I have not been able to do much exercise apart from gentle walks, but now I feel I can up my game and do some Leslie Sansone walks with its kicks and knees etc. Next week I will try to get back to more aerobic workouts, gently at first, but my scars are healing well and I no longer have pain….so I am looking forward to the return to normality.

Great to have @funshipfreddie back in the gang, and @i-hate-lettuce, your early morning posts were also missed.
    @stitchincarol, welcome back too.

Happy 4th July to our US friends. Enjoy the holiday.

Until tomorrow

Day 4 Canada NFD

Morning everyone! It is so good to be here and feel like I am turning things around, it has taken me the best part of 18 months to get in this pickle so I am being realistic and patient. Have fine tuned my eating choices but need to keep working on it.

@at and @fourbaby yes, posting daily is key. I have 3 really early starts at work so am trying to post a quick one liner those days then read everyones posts before heading to bed.

Nice to see you returning as well @funshipfreddie

@michellinme that 6lb loss must feel amazing

@high5 (great handle) thanks for your tips, it helps a lot to read what works for others

@stitchincarol sounds like you have been having fun! Yup MFP can be a right pain but needs to be done, it is part of my getting back on the wagon plan

@songbirdme are you able to sing in a choir yet?

@ihatelettuce it sounds like you have turned up the dial on bimbleing!! Great to hear life is good

@northerndawn we have had the heat dome hanging around here for far too long, got to a high of 48C a few days ago

@daffodil2010 sounds like a lovely treat at the end of the day

Happy Independence Day friends to the south!

Day 4 – USA/GA – FD

Post-feast day weigh-in: baaaarely into 224 lbs haha

I actually did have a ZBC yesterday, after all. The burger and hotdog were great yesterday, and other than grilled chicken, hamburgers and a few wieners, not much left (and none of it in my refrigerator except the guacamole I made and cucumbers I had sliced up(those cucumbers are on today’s menu!)). I’ll be joining @funshipfreddie not only on today’s FD, but on a 4:3 (maybe a 3:4) this week, too!

Determined to get into the 210s this month. Got to start marching downwards again. About 20 lbs away from kissing “official obesity” good-bye, and hoping I do that this year!

As John, Rita, Megan, and their delegation of nine other people walk in, the three of us stand up courteously, as if we were to be introduced to some unknown royals from the continent.

Megan smiles, and begins introducing the nine to us in a frenzy of Aunt so-and-so, best friend from school such and such, some guy from John’s work, and all sorts of names we would forget 30 seconds after hearing them. But there was one name that stood out that we all recalled.

“And, this is cousin Harold, but we call him Hal.”

“Nice to meet you Hal,” Lola says, extending her hand.

He shakes her hand and corrects Megan’s introduction. “Just call me Buzz!”

“Buzz? Like the astronaut?”

One of the older gentlemen says, “no. Like short for ‘buzzard.'”

There’s some laughter and we sit down. Lola has a confused expression on her face. Megan leans over and whispers to me, “Hal was always searching the obituaries when he lived in Nashville. He’d go into the funeral home during the visitation, claim that he was some distant cousin or work buddy of the deceased, and would end up in the kitchen area, where he would help himself to several servings of food brought by family and friends to the bereaved. Buzzards always circle and feast when there’s death, and so… well, Hal was a buzzard. He claimed it saved him $200 in groceries a month when he was a student.”

“Uggh. That’s just awful,” I said.

“I try not to call him Buzz, hoping it makes the slightest positive influence upon him to do better. But that’s how he was, and still can be. Be careful around him. He can get you in a load of trouble in just a split second,” Megan responded.

Oh my.

Pocket list: day 4
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 4 USA – Independence Day! 🇺🇸 NFD

DH and I went out last evening to a Karaoke bar locally – several pretty good singers, and he sang. I did my best to just have one drink, but we did indulge on a plate of bar snacks. It was a good night out.

@bellyblast – we are singing in church, but our townspeople choir rehearses at a church where the restrictions have been much more stringent. That’s also where all our music is stored in huge file cabinets, so we have opted to wait until that church opens up more, hopefully this fall, rather than try to rehearse someplace else. It’s been almost 18 months since our choir has met, and quite a few of us are really missing using our lungs and voices!

I hope the Brits here are cheering on their football team in the European tournament – we’ve been watching and cheering for them! 🇬🇧 We’re hoping to see some fireworks tonight to celebrate our liberation from those nasty Brits of 250 years ago. 🇺🇸🎆

Onward and downward.

Day 4 UK NFD

Not a good start , day 4 and I nearly forgot my aim to sign in every day , Reset tomorrow See you all then

Happy Independence Day 🇺🇸

Day 5, FD, Aus

Good morning all – I’m late to post but I find I’m still the first for day 5.

So good to see you back @funshipfreddie and @IHL.

My mojo is struggling today. Time for a pocket list (they really do help):

Day 5,FD
    @penz.

Who’s with me?

Day 5. U.K. FD 700-750

@penz ! Fear not for your mojo ! 😊 I am also joining the pocket list!
    3 x FDs planned for this week…

Happy Independence Day for yesterday! (Also one of my favourite Will Smith films! 😍)

I had a little bit of a disastrous weekend! Full of enthusiasm for doing some extra exercise to try and help shift these last four pounds….. And I managed to injure myself first thing on Saturday morning 🙄

So this weekend I ended up doing absolutely no exercise whatsoever! 😵‍💫😵‍💫

The only highlight of my weekend is that yesterday I managed to have an extremely controlled day. The upshot of which is that I was actually starving by bedtime and now I do hope that I can get through my fast day ! I am such a wimp I like to try and make my fast days easy for myself!

I think I may have Salmon Fishcakes for my FD dinner tonight …. I can prep them during the afternoon and then cook them after my 630pm Pilates class

590 calories per portion… not bad. Leaves plenty of room for manoeuvre on the veg front! 😋

@singbirdme – I’m not normally a football fan but i was proud of the England side’s behaviour. Manager Gareth Southgate seems to have had a very positive effect on their general demeanour. And the fans were well behaved too. But I felt sad for Ukraine….

@northgeorgia – the Buzz story is hilarious! Loved it…!

Second post

Wait! I forgot to copy and paste the pocket list!

Day 5,FD
    @penz.
    @high5

Day 5 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Determined to get back to my old habit, one mug of coffee and a catch-up on the Daily Challenge!

So much going on and to try and catch up with, just when I thought I was out of the woods (gardening wise) with the neighbours home over the next day or so, ones having another week away with the caravan! Can’t say I blame them and this week looks a bit cooler so a bit easier.

@bellyblast – I reckon this last few weeks I’ve taken bimbling around in the garden(s) to a totally different level 😉

@funshipfreddie – Yes totally recovered now thank you.

@high5 – I’m not much of a football fan either, the game is on the TV but I’m invariably sat with my tablet in hand or reading. But I saw a bit more of the last game and found it was more entertaining than usual!

Proper FD today, haven’t been as strict recently, but weight has stayed the same, still no sign of the ‘Inner Warthog’ returning, think he’s now packed his bags and moved out 🙂
    Funny, now its rather warm and I’ve been in shorts and T shirts most of the time or budgie smugglers in our back garden, more people are commenting on how fit and well I look. From one who said I looked ‘svelte’ to another who said to Mrs IHL “Who’s a lucky girl” !!! I wasn’t wearing a mankini either 🙂 😉 🙂

Take care all

Pocket list day 5
    @penz
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Hi, Lyndyhw here. This is my second posting, six days in (sort of). Diabetes is making it hard, as I think with the change in diet my medication needs are changing. I see my diabetes educator tomorrow, so that will be helpful.

The last two nights I have had to eat at about 10-11 o’clock, and last night again in the early hours of the morning, as I was heading towards a hypo. If I can’t get that in control it will make Time Restricted Eating almost impossible, as I can’t afford to hypo. I’ll let you know how I go.

If anyone has any tips about managing this it would be appreciated.

All the best to everyone.

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

PFDS for me! Back on the list tomorrow.

@northgeorgia – thanks for keeping me company on that tiny list yesterday. 4:3 minimum this week; we’ve got this!🏋️‍♂️

@lindyhw – if you haven’t yet, it might be worth looking under ‘Body/ Medical Conditions & Fasting’ in this forum. I know there’s a huge thread there on reversing type 2 diabetes & the fastday lifestyle

I hope you have an easy one, Monday fasters!

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Not as early as I normally am but I am still of work and arising later than usual hence posting later after my walk.

Planning on today’s FD to be an OMAD with a big bowl of lentil and vegetable soup and a spinach salad. Going to follow your OMAD lead @high5 for today

I have to go for routine mammogram screening this afternoon so may as well keep it to liquids until dinner time. I need a good FD as the weekend…well….yesterday’s mindful day ended up with an impromptu pub meal with two of my stepdaughters, DS, and our Grandaughter….and it was great, but fish and chips were had!

I did mt first Leslie walk since my operation yesterday but kept it very gentle. I started getting twinges last night around one of my scars so I hope I didn’t do anything! I will keep an eye on that, but I need to get moving more than gentle strolls.

@i-hate-lettuce the mental image of a mankini 😂 Delighted that you are looking so fit and well and that you feel so fit and well.

@penz, hope your mojo comes back

Day 5 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Good morning everybody.

Joining the gang of fasters. I’m on my way to Prince Edward Island tomorrow (home of Anne of Green Gables) for a 2 night break. There will be lots of eating and drinking so must have one good FD this week. Have a good one.

Pocket list day 5
    @penz
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dvw

Day 5 UK FD

Morning all ,on the Monday reset ( as usual)

Very interesting posts today – where else can you get Anne of Green Gables and Mankinis ?

Take it easy @daffodil2010

Pocket list day 5
    @penz
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle

Day 5 – UK – FD800

Went out for a quick 5km walk yesterday and ended up doing twice as much…..got caught in a brief but heavy rain shower and by the time I got home it was blue skies and sunshine!!!

After a bit of overindulgence on Friday and Saturday, I managed to pull back with a good CD yesterday, and following with a FD today, started with my regular 7am Broga class and it will end with a Dynamic Yoga one this evening!

It’s Manic Monday at Wimbledon so looking forward to some great tennis this afternoon!

@lyndyhw – might be worthwhile investigating FD800 – this has shown evidence that remission, or reversing type 2 diabetes, is possible. Not knowing what type of diabetes you suffer from, or if you take oral medication or insulin – I would advise reading a bit more about FD800 (there is an online forum specifically dealing with FD800 and diabetes) and perhaps discussing with your GP – good luck!

I’m joining the growing group of Monday Fasters
    Pocket list Day 5
    @penz
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 5 North Canton OH OMAD

I have had a very very indulgent weekend, today will be OMAD and then I am shutting it all down for an extended fast, our beach vacation is 12 days away.

I treated myself to new luggage and it is arriving tomorrow; I plan to immediately start packing once aforementioned luggage arrives. Can you tell that I am really looking forward to getting away😅😅😅.

@funshipfreddie I was just wondering how you were doing the other day. Welcome back buddy- you have been missed

Welcome back @stitchincarol it sounds like you had a great vacation

Yesterday was technically independence day, but we are celebrating it today with a well earned day of rest at home.

I second @northerndawn, we all need this forum, and if we want it to continue being there for us we have to post. So please post a line or two, it really does not have to be long, especially if you do not have time. Just mention what day it is, where you are posting from and what you are doing on the day that you post- fasting or Not-fasting. Once you get in the habit, you may add a few lines, but it is not required.

I have to go, time to work out and burn some of the indulgent calories I took on over the weekend.

Adios my friends 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Looking forward to another 4:3 (or 3:4) this week, with Tues & Thurs planned as definite and Saturday as a maybe. Wow, it was hard to fast on the 4th of July, but just seemed natural following our cookout on the 3rd. Did really well, though.

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Been a while. On June 20, after a post-vacation 3:4 week (first one of those I’ve done), I was able to get back to 220. Haven’t had anything below 222 since then. Hoping this will be my week to start hitting 220 again, and who knows — a peek below into the 210s? (woo hoo!)

A basket of bread and rolls with a side of butter is placed on the table. Almost instantly, Buzz grabs a yeast roll, slathers butter across the top with his knife and takes a huge bite.

“So… Buzz,” Lola says in a uncertain tone, trying to hide her confusion. “What is it that you do?”

“I work.” Buzz muffles through the bread being chewed up in his mouth.

“Yes, but…”

“Did I tell you that Hal here has a degree in finance?” Megan interrupts.

“Wow, is that right?” Lola says.

Buzz nods.

“Yes, but you know how hard the job market is out there right now. He’s just between jobs until he…”

“Oh Megan,” Buzz interrupts. “I told you that finance is just not my thing. Who wants to be cramped up in an office all day when there is so much out there to explore and experience.”

Megan looks down at her lap and sighs.

“Oh, well, I’m sure that there is something out there that…”

“No, no, no. I’m just… Pretty lady, what’s your name?”

“Me? Lola…”

“So, Lo, the deal is, I want to be free, you know? Not tied down to any one place. So I just make a buck here and there, until my next adventure comes along. I’m thinking of checking this place out.”

Lola’s eyes bulge out at just being called “Lo” and follow Buzz’s fingers adorned with various sizes and designs of stainless steel rings as they comb through his purple hair. He presently interrupts the server filling the water glasses.

“Hey, Wally! Are you hiring? I need a job bad, man.” The server tightly presses his lips together and says, “I’m sorry. Not today, sir,” and walks quickly to the next table.

“Well, you’ll let me know if that changes, huh?” Buzz yells.

“Hal! Stop yelling. This is a restaurant for fine dining,” Rita says.

“Hey, it never hurts to ask, does it?”

Good luck to our pocket listers today!

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Day 2 – almost succeeded with my eating plan, but sure didn’t pull off recording what I was eating while at the party…and ate/drank too much. ‘Twas a great party, however, complete with wonderful fireworks at the end. 😜

Day 3 – overslept until 8:10 and was out the door by 8:30, so there went my usual window of opportunity to post. Was very busy all day. Ate/drank too much.

Day 4 – DH and two DSs and I got home from church and were out the door within twenty minutes to drive to the “Fourth of July Town.” Had a great time there, and enjoyed our traditional gyros from the food truck and beer at the tap house. Listened to the band in the bandshell. Walked through the craft show, and found a Christmas gift for one of my sisters. Skipped the parade and came home to hang out; grilled steaks, had a veggie/pasta salad and grilled corn on the cob. Ate leftover cut-out/frosted star cookies that I’d made Saturday for church coffee time after service. Too much food and drink, but a lovely day. Paid the price with an ugly number on the scale today.

Today, we’re going to our friends’ lake house. I’m not even going to bother trying to control what I eat/drink, because tomorrow I’ll hit the RESET button. DH has promised–PROMISED–to help me with self-control and to do DTF with me.

OOPS. I was starting to read and respond to everyone’s posts (SO glad to see you back, @i-hate-lettuce) when DH asked if I wanted to go to the gym with him. Well, no, honestly, I don’t, but I’m going to 😇 so I’m abruptly signing off and will try to be back later, but who knows!

Second post

@i-hate-lettuce Never let yourself think that we don’t love your chatter; this group is not the same without you!

@flourbaby Thanks for the recipe; it’s in my make-soon queue! And congratulations on your own sale! Did you find a nice little house with a garden for you and your mum?

@dvw Congratulations on selling your house so quickly! Do you know yet where you’ll be moving?

@funshipfreddie I am in awe at how completely you’re roaring back into the 5:2 (4:3, 3:4) WOL, and at how much of your gained weight is already gone. Impressive!

@emma-taylor What a great story about the jeans! And you’re clearly not seeing your actual size that you were so fast to assume that the size of your body was to blame for the jeans being so tight.

@daffodil2010 How delightful that you’re healing so well. I can well imagine how impatient you are to get back to “normal,” but it will all come at the right time.

@bellyblast I can hear confidence in your voice (especially obvious to me as my own is sorely missing!), so, well done on getting back on track!

@songbirdme “We’re hoping to see some fireworks tonight to celebrate our liberation from those nasty Brits of 250 years ago.” That made me laugh out loud. Funny how a couple centuries can change out outlook, eh?

@high5 Bummer on the injury! How long will it be hanging around? And those salmon fishcakes sound lovely!

@lindyhw Welcome! Wow, the challenges of 5:2 when combined with diabetes seems overwhelming; well done on taking it on! TRE is possibly not the best choice for you under the circumstances…yes? I personally prefer on a FD to save all 500 calories for supper, but if that’s going to mess with your blood sugars, then multiple small meals will do better for you. Let us know what your diabetes educator tells you, okay? Good luck!

Why the sudden worry about “keeping this forum going”? Has there been talk of the forum going away?

Okay, I’m feeling quite virtuous for having walked 5,833 steps so far today. It’s time to go water my flowers, and soon head for our friends’ lake cabin. It will be a fun day, but tomorrow I’ll RESET.

Good luck to all the fasters!

Day 5 Canada CD

Happy Monday!

I am feeling like this will be a good week and have a well planned CD today.

My scales were jumping higher at month or so ago and I thought they were broken. Bought a fancy digital set and the numbers were right 🙁 The good news is I can track my progress on my phone. Down .4kg so far this month

@stitchincarol gotta love that reset button!!
    @basyjames that beach holiday sounds wonderful

Day 5 USA NFD

I had a great July 4th yesterday, but too much food and drink. Today, I am off in just a few minutes to my DD’s home to babysit the DGDs while she and SiL go out and about. It will be a late night before I get back home, so I can catch up on posts once I get the little one’s to bed. I don’t really like to post from my phone, so I will probably just wait to comment on posts tomorrow.

I shall try to stay controlled today at under 1000 cals, and I am planning a FD tomorrow.

The temps today are 96 F (35.5 C) but tomorrow down about 16 degrees and it will finally rain! We have been in a drought, and rain will be a relief. Cooler week ahead so I am planning for some lovely, long walks, which I have missed doing in this heat.

Stay the course, and best of luck to all.

Day 5 – 2nd post

Well, just a simple drive to Walmart has turned into a major ordeal. My sunroof exploded spontaneously while on the expressway. No overpass, something thrown from a car, or debris from highway involved. Fortunately, we had the inner moon roof inside portion closed up, so no glass rained down. Dealership and insurance company both closed today, so I have no idea when or how it will get fixed.

Day 6, NFD, Aus

I didn’t stick with my usual LFD yesterday as I had leftovers for dinner. But I’m pretty sure it was under either a 500 or 800 calorie limit, so I’ll chalk that one up.

@lyndyhw – lots of great advice on this forum and others. I don’t know much about the interplay between diabetes and 5:2 except that it is possible! Do speak with your doctor and find out how it will best work for you. We’re here in support!

@basyjames, your post reminded me of that terrible joke: my suitcases have not been out of the cupboard for over 18 months so now I’m dealing with emotional baggage! V envious of your upcoming holiday.

And I forgot to mention yesterday @northgeorgia, I’m loving your new character Buzz. (Tho he’s the sort I think I really should love to hate!) Oooh how scary about your sunroof! V relieved to hear you didn’t get showered in glass.

Second Post
    Oh my gosh, @northgeorgia! So glad you had the inner roof closed and you weren’t injured. That must have been terrifying! It would have been for me!

Day 4- Ireland – NFD
    Day 5 – FD hurrah!
    Day 6 – CD

Hi all,

I had great intention to post yesterday but I just had one of those days where every minute was taken up.
    I had a good FD after a weekend of EFS! Knowing that I’m now going to apply myself… I just have to… overeating certain foods just doesn’t do me any favours and I end up feeling really bad physically and mentally. I know this but I just fall back into bad habits and as I get older it seems harder to stay away from goodies… it should be the reverse 🔄🙄
    Thanks @dvw for offering your company yesterday! I hope you had a good one. 💪

Great to see you back @i-hate-lettuce and great to see so many people active on the forum..

Omg @northgeorgia how frightening is that!!! Thank god you had the extra protection!

I don’t imagine they will close the forum down because of inactivity on these monthly challenges – there are a lot of other active threads going at the same time and I have always felt that we are providing very useful anecdotal information to Michael Mosely and his team… for free… so it should work both ways – hopefully they’d give us a heads up if ever they were going to shut it down 🤞

I have a specialist appointment I need to get through before I can focus on anything else today…

Have a good day all especially the fasters. 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 6 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Catching up a bit with posts, the trials and tribulations of life, amazing what a diverse group we are! From unexpected surgery to exploding car roof via moving house twice in a year, crikey!

@daffodil2010 – Hope you recover quickly but remember don’t be too impatient, don’t push too hard. As you observed I am now very fit and well, sporting a tan and feeling incredible, never been in this shape for a lot of years. How things have changed over the last 7 months 🙂

@stitchincarol – Thanks for the comments, sometimes my garden ‘bimbling mode’ spreads over to my posts, weeding and wittering, got to be good at some things 😉

To catch up on garden things, it’s been a weird year, very cold and incredibly dry start set things back, but as always nature bides it’s time. Everything is very lush now. Various flowers have either come and gone or ready to burst into bloom at any moment. One thing we have noticed, I grow a lot of plants with bees in mind and we an abundance of bees this year, which is great news.

Easy FD yesterday, have found my weight has been staying within a pound or so of target weight, despite getting appetite back and enjoying food again, extra gardening duties making up for lack of walks.

Take care all

Day six, UK, NFD

Yikes yesterday’s fast day was HH AAAA RRR DD !!!!! Really tough. I was hungry all day and all evening and I am hungry this morning (Normally after a fast day I’m actually not so hungry).
    I did stick with it and I did manage to stay under 700 cal
    At one point I was just feeling so low in energy that I had to have half a banana with salt sprinkled on it!! However it really did the trick and I felt much better after that!
    Sadly though the half a banana made my dinner even smaller!

The Silver lining is that I slept really well (as I did not have any rice?!)
    I cannot remember whether it was @northgeorgia or @stitchincarol who said about the rice being like cryptonite for her body, but it certainly applies to me, so thank you to both of you anyway 😊😊😊

@basyjames – Nothing like a deadline eh? I find them quite motivating as well… I have a family party coming up on the 20th of this month so I better get on with this!!!!

@dvw – It is me – @fivetwofan5252 here! Glad you’re back for this month’s challenge and your trip to the island sounds fun!
    How are you doing on your goal? I still have 4 lb to lose in weight…

@stitchincarol… I have done something to my back! I can do Pilates but nothing else which is a bit frustrating although I should be able to go for a long walk today at least, hopefully I will be better completely by Thursday

@northgeorgia – the new storyline is brilliant! It’s so relatable ! Are you an author? If not you should be! X

Right I am off to get some breakfast as I am STARVING!!!!!
    😋😋😋

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday with an OMAD of soup and salad. Today I go with my friend to return a dress that she bought me for my birthday (we still cannot try on clothes in store due to Covid restrictions so this dress was too big in some areas and too tight in others).

So there will be brunch/lunch after the toddle through the shops. Shopping is not my thing, but it IS my friends thing and as she is retired and lives alone this is a great excuse to get out. I look forward to it.

I have made an appointment with a foot specialist to get my darn left foot assessed. It’s still sore, but at random times, sometimes not a bother, others excruciating and I limp! It sort of sounds like plantar fasciitis but walking does not relieve it, so going to get it checked.

I have now done Leslie Sansone walks three days in a row and honestly feel the better for the little endorphin rush. Very gently goes it, it will be quite a while before I am leaping about attempting burpees again, but it’s good to get the blood flowing.

Although my weight is stagnant, I feel that in a few weeks of good FD’s, things will get moving. And despite the weight stagnation, I truly honestly feel that the 3 years of FD’s as a lifestyle have made me healthier inside, more than I think. I echo you @i-hate-lettuce for your recovery being better due to this WOL.

I believe that if it wasn’t for this WOL that I may not have had as good an outcome with that ruptured appendix. The medics tell me how lucky I was and marvel at my strength to withstand pain…….

So onwards we go. I feel a return to work next week is highly likely 👍

OMG @northgeorgia, that was terrifying. Hope you get your sunroof fixed soon😨

@bellyblast I also bought the digital scales and they are half a pound higher than my WeightWatchers one…so I still have both and use both!

@stitchincarol….I laughed at your DH asking did you want to go to the gym and your honesty here saying, no, you didn’t, but you were going anyway 😄 Good for you.

Have a good Tuesday all.

Day 6 AUS FD 800

Checking in for accountability. It’s 90 minutes till dinner and I’m starving, but I’m going to take that as a good sign.

I’m doing a reset from too much indulgence with 4 FDs in a row, and focusing on eating fantastic nourishing food. Tonight is an eggplant and zucchini tagine, yum.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 441 total)

You must be logged in to reply.