July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 723 total)

• Day 13 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Really enjoyed yesterdays ‘day off’ lazy day, back to ‘the project’ this morning though, final push. Well, for now!

@daffodil2010 – well done negotiating shorter hours, well done for the company for listening! Like you I need a good FD today, not been keeping records etc or walking this last week, been too busy, got to keep the eye on the ball!

Was expecting a long pocket list today, not yet though, so …

Day 13 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD

Day 13 – UK – FD (wk1 d1)

Happy Monday Peeps

Stayed on point all weekend and road testing some of the meals from my on line Fast800 (subscription). Lovely tasty food, only to find weight up the past 2 mornings. Hmmm 🤔. When I signed up last week I posted a question for the Coaches inquiring about calorie content for some of the NFDs days as they were over 1600. I never have over 1200 or I gain. I inquired if I should trust the plan and eat the amounts they advised or was I ok in shaving a bit off (not hard to do really as competent around weighing measuring cooking etc). I didn’t get a response so I emailed the same query a couple of days ago, but still no reply. The fasts days on the plan are fine as they are around 800. I could transfer over to the hard core 800 plan and tweak up the calories on some days to make it more doable.

The forum which is advertised as being supportive and user friendly … isn’t. The Coaches posted last night they are in the process of stream lining it and making it more user friendly. When I signed up I thought the forum aspect would be all singing all dancing but in truth it’s not a patch on this one. All the posters are trying to connect with each other but it’s just all messy and out of sync. Very frustrating. Hopefully this will improve in a timely manner. Reading back over this I sound a right misery about it. I’m not really just reporting the experience so far. I’m quite excited and hopeful of some transformation from a tubby Apple to svelte busty Pear 😊.

Welcome back @daffodil2010 sounds like you had fun!

@northgeorgia’s scales …. naughty naughty 😂

Pocket list
    @fasterjo
    @judyjudes

Have a great day everyone 🙂

2nd post … took me so long to compose my post I’ve crossed posted the PL

Day 13 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes

Day 13 second post
    reading other posts to stop from eating and my original post wasn’t showing up on page 6. So re-posted and it came up on page 7 then I saw it WAS on page 6. Tried to edit/delete the second copy but to no avail. Apologies for the double up.

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

MUCH-needed FD today; let’s not talk about the weekend 🤦‍♂️

The sale of alcohol in South Africa is banned AGAIN?! Too many hospital beds being taken up with weekend ‘partiers’ who have a tendency to shoot and stab each other; not to mention road accident victims. But no-one thought this was a problem before Covid-19?! Fortunately, due to being ‘dry til Fri’ my stash should last me a couple of months, at least!

Have a good week everyone!

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13 UK FD

It’s Monday , a new week a fresh start (for me ) I’m with you @funshipfreddie on wanting to move on from some of my weekend activities but as we all know that’s the great thing about this WOL , we can just draw a line and start afresh .

It’s a lovely day I’m feeling positive Let’s go !

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 13, London, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a rather low calorie NFD, just about BMR, so today will be another NFD since a LFD might be a step too far!!

However, my energy levels are high and I decided to try the 30 Day shred this morning😲, don’t get me wrong, I’ve managed to walk off 6+ inches with Leslie Sansone since the end of April😁, and it’s a great way to exercise when the knees are as creaky as mine!!! Anyway, I really enjoyed doing something different, I’ll walk with Leslie later, but I’m patting myself on the back for banking one session before 9a.m.😇!!!!!

@northgeorgia, I think your scales need a handle of their own!!!😤 Although, ratting you out over the Mexican meal, salsa & chips might give you pause for thought the next time temptation beckons!!! 😟😳

@funshipfreddie, as you’ll be rationing your booze stash, the peanuts that are irresistible after just one sip will be safe!!!! 🙌 As much as I love a glass🍷 of vino (bottle!) or 2🍷🍷, just like cigarettes, the government have NO interest in our health and safety when it involves vast amounts of tax revenue!!!!

To those thinking about the weekend that was; remember ……….. “No looking back, you’re not going that way anyway!!”

NFD mocha is calling my name …………………….Onward & downwards folks, stay strong!!!

Day 13 FD UK

Starting today with determined outlook. Halfway through the month and only 1lb loss what I wanted to lose 4 this month. Think this will be unlikely now so will have to take what I can get.

@northgeorgia. I just loved the scales saga, gave me a good laugh, please keep it up. I know exactly how you feel . Mine had a hissy fit over the weekend but they are not quite as bolshie as yours. Mine are definitely female and after much discussion she said if I work hard she will give me what I want!!

@judyjudes. I am disappointed to hear of your lack of success in getting contact back from the Fast800.
    Do let me know how you get on now you are starting your first week. I took the plunge and joined yesterday and like you have time before it starts. Mine starts next Monday. Also concerned re nfd meals as like you I need to be lower than the figures you quoted to lose weight, at those numbers I will be putting on.
    For me the whole idea is support and it looks as if at the moment you are not getting that. Let’s hope it improves.

A bit achy and lacking in energy today so hope that does not mean an increase in steroids although unlikely as difficult to talk to a doctor let alone see one. My surgery has barbed wire around it to stop patients getting in. Had to wait 2 weeks to even get a telephone appointment.

Anyway onwards and downwards. Washing on, weather sunny so stop grumbling.

It’s a lovely day I’m feeling positive Let’s go !

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Sorry had to add my name this way to FD list as last time lost the whole post.

Day 13……. Florida…….FD

Ugg! I don’t want it to be Monday again! All weekend, I was busy with some pretty big projects….. decide to refresh another part of the garden, this is a section that has a lot of ferns that grow wild, but there in a perfect row, so I’m going to weed and put mulch around them…..Try and domesticate them!
    Then, I started something, in my kitchen, that I’ve wanted to do for about two years now……I’m restaining the cabinets. Going from a red honey color to an espresso color. Just debating if I’m going to need two coats of stain or one.
    So the last couple days, I’ve done some manual labor.
    Food wise, I surely did not do well….. weight is back up to where I don’t want it to be….. hopefully, this week will change that….. I’m definitely going to be more strict with my eating habits.
    My week is going to look like this…..FD is MWF, NFD are T and Thurs. and I’m just going to try and control myself on the weekends.
    @funshipfreddie…….they have banned the sale of alcohol in all places that do not serve food. In attempt to control large group gathering in small areas. What concerns me most about this whole idea is small businesses, we have tons of micro brewers in the area that are just starting as well as a few friends who tend bar at some our local watering holes. How are they to survive. A good friend of mine had to stop working when this all hit, then started working two days before our governor stop watering holes from selling. Going back to work, she gave up her government help and now they are telling her she no longer qualifies for help. I know we have to control all of this but who is ultimately going to pay and suffer for all of this?

Anywho, I’m going to be late if I don’t get moving!

Have a great day….. make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 13 – USA/GA – FD

Ha ha! I’m glad to report that my scales and I have returned to friendly terms. No negotiations needed this morning. I enjoyed some high fiber fruits and vegetables last night for dinner (our garden’s first cantaloupe was plucked)! This morning I weighed in at 256.0 lbs., no fuss.

M/W will be great times for fasting for me this week. I have state meetings (online) with a very busy agenda from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today through Wednesday. 1 p.m. is the average time when I break for my first snack, so it should work out well.

Looking forward to this week’s FDs. I think finally the pounds will start creeping downward a bit. However, I am wearing a bland outfit today of clothing that was too small a few months ago, so YAY!

@bert1802 I’m adding you today’s Pocket List; hope that’s OK 🙂

Anyone else on board today?

@i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @northgeorgia
    @bert1802

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@northgeorgia glad you and your scales are friends again 😂

@fasterjo your revised goal is a good plan, I lost 30 pounds slowly 🐢 but in a sustainable way and have been maintaining for 2 years. I still do 5:2 to keep to goal weight but it really is just a doable WOE now.

Very wet and breezy here today…..shame for Welsh pubs and restaurants as from today they are allowed to open but only to serve outdoors 🌧 ☔️ 💨 not that I was planning on going……FD today ☺️

Stay strong fellow fasters .

Hi I am 58 and exercise 6 days a week with no medical issues.I just finished my first week of 4:3
    I was down 2lbs. on Fridy but seems to have regained it over the weekend. I’ve started again at 7 pm last evening for week 2.

My questions are :

Is this normal?
    Will I lose this with this week’s 3 fasts?
    Should I use a calorie tracker like my fitness pal on non-fasting days?

Hope someone on here can provide answers to keep my motivation high

Count me in for the July Challenge!

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD
    Day 12, NFD

Meant to check in yesterday, but got busy having a lovely day. 🙂 Was it @songbirdme who mentioned magnesium for Charlie horses? I was so tired of going to bed and struggling for fifteen minutes to find a position where my right foot (always the right foot, never the left, never either leg…weird) wouldn’t cramp, so I picked up a bottle on Saturday afternoon and took a pill with supper. Drank lots of water. Had no more than 1200 calories that day, drank lots of water in the evening (which wreaks havoc with sleeping through the night, but oh well), so should have been at LEAST 2lbs lighter in the morning, but probably 3+ (remember, I weigh every single day, and usually every night, so I know how those scales behave)…and was only down .8 lbs. So strange. Yesterday was also a well-behaved day at less than TDEE, and I was up a further 2lbs this morning. So, so, so strange. Can magnesium make you retain water? We’ll see what today’s FD accomplishes for the scales tomorrow.

@northgeorgia, I think you have a future in stand up comedy!!
    @Baily’sMom, a fluctuating scale like that is entirely normal. Well done on exercising regularly and doing 3 FDs last week. Using a calorie tracker (and the MFP tracker is very popular) can really reveal where we’re overeating on NFDs, so that might be a good idea for you to try. The thing to really hold on to, however, is that our weight naturally fluctuates, so don’t sweat the up days because you’ll soon have another down day, and eventually your up day will be lower than your current down days! Welcome to our group; we’re active and everyone’s wonderfully encouraging and you’ll love it here.

Pocket List, Day 13
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @northgeorgia
    @bert1802
    @missybear
    @BailysMom
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

“I can do anything for one day.”
    “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

3rd Post

@stitchincarol I hear you! I also suffer from the strange phenomenon of gaining when I’ve been on point with intake. I feel frustrated by it too… the not getting the reward for all our effort. I’m also same as you as in I weigh daily in a morning. I used to weigh nighttime too but it started playing havoc with my figures on my apps.

I’ve no answer for you other than I think of how much more I’d weigh if I didn’t eat as healthy as I do, watch portions and be mindful. I’m sure I’d be 4 or 5 stone heavier.

Day 13 Melb Aust TDEE

Today moved from being a FD to a TDEE so the next couple of days will have to be FDs, with stacks of vegetables and some protein, but not much else. That’s okay. Doable.

@northgeorgia, tell your scales that they are in the bad books for being rude to you, their owner, even if they did shape up more recently. Yay for fitting into formerly too tight clothes! 🙂

@penz & @lilymartin, you did give me a chuckle with your responses, too. We need to smile.

@funshipfreddie, I saw the SA closure of the sale of alcohol on the news, and wondered how it will affect you. Glad you will be able to eke out your supply by being DTF.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 13 Canada NFD

I seem to be stuck on a plateau and the scales aren’t budging one bit 🙁 @missybear @mia139 @snowflake56 hope you are on track for getting to 60kg this month:)

@jaifaim I am very sensitive about people stepping into my bubble as well. We are going to need to be vigilant for some time otherwise spikes and restrictions are going to happen

@northgeorgia I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know your scales, I think mine might be related. Glad you have made friends.

Enjoying getting out on my bike, but the old body is feeling the work. Have a great FD everyone, I will be back tomorrow for my dose of control 🙂

Day 13, UK FD

Yesterday was a blow out- too many snacks around, I decide beer and crisps would be a reasonable thing when watching TV, why did I do that? This was after I’d polished my halo on Saturday after resisting crisps and alcohol all day. Who was it that said the halo can slip and become a noose!

So today is a FD, hopefully ending the day at or around 500 cals.

Pocket List, Day 13
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @fasterjo
    @penz
    @dykask – WFD
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @northgeorgia
    @bert1802
    @missybear
    @BailysMom
    @stitchincarol
    @saffy420

Stay safe everyone.

Day 13- Atlanta, GA- USA- FD

Good day everyone. I’ve not been active much this summer do to family time. I’ve been stuck in for the past two months as schools have been closed. But I have been sticking to this WOL for the most part. A few slip-ups every now and again. Today is a FD for me. I like to start the week off this way if I can.

Day 14, FD (again!), Aus

Your FD yesterday sounded like mine @lilymartin. I successfully had a salad with my friend for lunch which should have been under the 500 cal limit but it woke the hunger dragon. So I had dinner with my OH and a glass of wine. Sigh. But a reminder why only liquid FDs work for me. Try again today. No, not try. Do!

Good luck with the fruit transition (from apple to pear) @judyjudes but your early experience with the Fast800 subscription service doesn’t sound promising.

I’m looking fwd to hearing about MrBert’s reaction to all the changes you’re making around the house @bert1802 – he’ll either never want to go away again, or will take it as a great opportunity to put you to work behind his back!

May your détente with your scales continue, @northgeorgia!

Welcome @BaileysMum! I won’t try to answer your questions because really, 5:2 is about finding what works for you. We’re all a little different, but universally supportive. Just stick with it and it will work!

Day 14 pocket list (I need the company!)
    @penz

Day 14 DTF list (I better get back on that one too)
    @penz

Day 14 – Japan – NFD

Water Fast went well, also feeling well today.

Day 14 country west Australia FD
    What a day for a FD! It is cold ( 10ºC) wet and windy🌂☔️🌨 and I am at the dining table doing Office-work ALL day.😠 So close to the kitchen and I am a procrastinator par excellence .🤔🤔
    So I will fiddle with the papers for a while then decide that we really DO need a cake 🍰or biscuits 🍪or both 🍰🍪, stop paperwork, make and bake the goodies, try one for a ‘ taste test’ and suddenly FD has gone down the hatch!!😲
    No! seriously, today I will NOT give in 🤭. I will NOT give in!🤭 I will NOT give in!🤭
    Welcome @Baileys Mom. I find that the scales bump up and down without rhyme or reason up to a few kgs each day. I weigh daily but only record once a week on a Saturday.
    I think that as long as the general trajectory over time is in a downward direction it is all good.
    I record my weigh on Fast Diet Tracker on this page.
    The peaks and troughs look like the Italian alps 🏔- up and down all over the place. BUT whatever you do, please do NOT give up.🥺
    I did a few years ago and the result is NOT healthy or good.🙄 Now I have to lose MORE than I ever have in my life. But it’s all good. With the support of this group I am determined I will succeed again.🤞
    @bert1802 well done on all the projects you have done. Sounds like you have been busy.
    @northgeorgia I am glad you are on speaking terms with your scales. I am in a huff with mine because they were most unfriendly this morning but it is a wake up call that I still must plug in the numbers in MFP for a while yet. I do so LURVE carbs but they do tend to stick around.
    No chance of becoming a svelte pear🍐 like @judyjudes just yet – more like a watermelon 🍉. But it is a WIP ( work in progress!)
    I bought the Fast 800 Recipe Book some weeks ago. A friend who has started doing 5:2 and has lost 8kgs in the past 3 months told me she had it and how good it was.
    I copied a few recipes and then decided it was just as easy to buy the book.🙄 I need another recipe book like a hole in the head. I already have hundreds ( yes hundreds!!) as I LOVE to cook and hence one of the main reasons for needing to have a 5:2 WOL….
    The recipes are indeed really delicious, pretty easy to make and I have most of the ingredients in my pantry, so winning all round.
    I made a few of the dishes for a dinner party a little while ago and they were enjoyed immensely without anyone being aware that they were all under 800 calories. 😇
    Have a happy healthy day everyone.

2nd post

Adding you to the pocket list, @lilymartin. Get back to work and ignore the kitchen!

Day 14 pocket list (I need the company!)
    @penz
    @lilymartin

Day 14 DTF list (I better get back on that one too)
    @penz
    @lilymartin

Day 14 – Ireland – Bastille Day 🇫🇷 aussi – LFD

Bonjour tout le monde 👋
    Bastille day in La belle France which I miss lots… Like others I’m sure… God how we travelled with such ease before ☹️ 🙃.
    Me and my french gang won’t be celebrating today so I’m going for a LFD – let’s do this… my body is tired today after a super active weekend and another hike with some family yesterday. I’ll be busy with work & don’t need to fuel for exercise so all the 🦆🦆🦆 are lined up 👍

@judyjudes, @stitchincarol and others I have the same frustration… between great FDs and serious exercise I’d expect to be slim and trim and in fact MFP keeps telling me I’ll be like a whippet 🐕 when I complete my diary on some days But No – forever bobbing!!! 😖 😂 🐢

Welcome @BaileysMom, to help with your queries:
    We are all different so there is no “one size fits all” with this WOL.. with 3 FDs in a week I’d expect you would lose some weight but it very much depends on how you are eating on your NFDs, how much you have to lose and also your body… ultimately you will most likely lose weight if you continue with 2/3 FDs of 500 cals a week but many of us find it hard to lose weight quickly…
    I use a calorie tracker (most of the time) as otherwise it’s hard to correctly guess how many calories you’re taking in… some people don’t as they are good at estimating but I’m not great and like to look back at my diary From time to time. Many of us use My Fitness Pal (MFP). Please read the intro post which @brightonbelle (our very kind host this month) posted on Day 1 for tips and a list of abbreviations.

We are a group of supportive people who find this WOL works Well for us rather than an official support group so there is never one correct answer to the many questions that come up but hopefully it will be a support to you…
    there are also many more scientific people than me who can provide great nuggets of wisdom 👍. Someone may be able to post the helpful post ftom @simocoelv (Spelling?)

@funshipfreddie oh no – not again 🍻 🛑 although I sometimes think we should have done the same here – that would have been a very interesting experiment 🤔

@daffodil2010 -I hope you have a better commute this week 🤞
    Ok here we go…

FD List – Day 14 🇫🇷
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @lilymartin (do not bake the cookie 🍪 😂)

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

D14 – UK – NFD

@lilymartin I coukdn’t agree more with you in your advice for @baileysmom I started a couple of years ago at 182lbs, got down to 172 in just over 2 months, walked away, messed around, now I return tail between my legs at 189lbs! Even happy to get back to my previous start weight, at which point I was pretty desperate. Coming back all the others on this forum are at or near their goal weight.it really is a marathon, not a sprint. And in reality, once your blood sugar levels out, it’s not that hard.

That was my biggest NSV my blood sugar levelling out, not feeling like hell every fast day, actually feeling good.

My advice to you @lilymartin is to use the pomedoro method. You set your alarm for 25 mins, and you cannot leave your desk for that time, and the challenge is to keep working for that time. Then you take a 5 minute break, set your timer. Rinse and repeat! Works for me. The other tool I use is FocusMate. It has been a game changer for me. You sign up to it for free, so you can trial it, I think up to 5 free sessions each week. You book a ‘session’ which runs an hour, someone else books onto the same session, and then you link up via video, spend around 2 mins telling each other what you are going to be doing during your session, and you get to work, knowing someone else is ‘with you’. At the end of the session you feed backnto each other, literally a few words. I could not believe how much I got done in my first session, and how much it helped ke focus. Was a bit weird to start off with, but you soon get used to it.

@jaifam happy Bastille day 🇫🇷

‘Next year I will wish I had started today’.
    Have a great day all

Day 14 – Lake District UK – CD

Good morning everyone,

Project slow going yesterday, fiddly bits and painting! But the kitchen starting to look really good. The plus side, Mrs I-H-L wanted a new fridge, so ‘the brewery’ gained a large fridge which will be converted into a fermentation and chiller cabinet, result!

@funshipfreddie … Hope you’ve got a reasonable stock in which will last you each weekend until ‘normal service’ resumes.

I’ve not had the brewery running for the last 3 or 4 years, but finally ran out of ‘stock’ so decided to get going again.
    The guy who supplies me with all the grains, hops and yeast, has had a massive increase in sales, a lot of people are starting brewing AG beer in sheds and garages all over the UK. (AG beer is beer brewed from scratch, malted barley, hops and brewers yeast)
    I took my latest brews to neighbours for a BBQ Saturday just gone, I had to come back for more supplies!

Dancing scales, I used to weigh every day, was amazed at the fluctuations, often making no sense at all, do all the right things ie FD, next morning gain… NFD and BBQ, beer, crisps, pizza etc, next morning loss! (doesn’t always happen, but has been known) So I just weigh in on Friday mornings nowadays.

Take care all

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Monday’s fast didn’t last the evening so doing it again today. Although weight is remaining stable at a weight I do not want to be….I have noticed that I am more flexible. Must be the Leslie Sansone walks.

We were away on the motorbike this weekend and it’s a big bike….a couple of years ago I had difficulty hopping up onto the pillion seat, even DH at 6′ is on his tippy toes when standing with the bike. However this weekend, although heavier than last year, I was able to hop on and off fairly handy ☺️

Commute was good and relaxed and I was home at a reasonable hour. The Park and Ride is the way to do it….however, I am not prepared to commute for much longer…so there.

@northgeorgia a bit late to comment but your scales post of the 11th July was hilarious 😆

Have a great Bastille Day @jaifaim and everyone.

Day 14 – UK – NFD

Hello Everyone

@jaifaim Yes forever bobbing 😅. Happy Bastille Day! Does everyone get the day off?

@penz I know it reads poorly. The coaches have said they are working on updating the forum so that’ll help. They have also replied re:- calories. Basically trim or miss a meal as I see fit. So I’ll probably be somewhere between hardcore Fast800 and 5:2. Yesterday was a FD and I will admit I enjoyed my meals. I had got stale in choosing suitable fair on FDs and tended to have the same. There is more prepping and cooking and I wonder how workers manage their time. Got the menus for next week, it’s going to be quite expensive… salmon, steak, white fish. Sounds delish though. I’ve signed up now and I’m focusing on what I’d like to achieve by the end of it. For me that’s a solid 1lb a week (12lb overall) to get firmly in the 9sts. To quote @jaifaim I’ve been ‘bobbing‘ around the same 7lbs for nearly 2 years.

Have a great day Everyone 😊

FD List – Day 14 🇫🇷
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @lilymartin

Day 13UK FD
    Day 14 UK FD

Just catching up on all the posts and enjoying all the stories! No hair appointment for me till mid August. My hair has never been this long… now way down past my shoulders having last been cut in February!

Decided to continue with OMAD this week again. Helps to make up for the slight indulgences of the weekend. Hopefully heading to the 60 kg “ever slightly out of reach target” this month. I’ve been hovering around that for a couple of months now and it’s time to stop faffing and just get there!

Saw my 2 sons together in the house at the weekend for the first time since Christmas! If I could just get to Australia to see my daughter all would be well! But it looks like that won’t be possible till next year at least. According to the rules, a mum doesn’t count as a “close family member”. Thank goodness for technology which allows visual contact!

Good luck to all fasters today and stay safe.

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Good FD yesterday, cheese omelette & veggies. And the scales were kind this morning, despite my somewhat manic weekend. Not so much wriggle room now, but I’m still at my goal weight.

@baileys-mom – welcome to the July Challenge! And ditto everything @jaifaim said. Depends on how much you’re trying to lose & how close you are to your goal. I didn’t stop yoyoing until I started tracking the NFDs & stopped treating them as ‘feast days’. I only weigh myself after FDs now.

@i-hate-lettuce – SO glad I splurged a bit at the bottle store the last few weeks. I could probably hold out for the rest of the year! I’ve stashed away 18 large cans of cider, 3 bottles of vodka, three bottles of rum & 5 bottles of wine. But talk about a nanny state?! Cigarettes/tobacco product sales have also been banned since the lockdown started. 🚭

Pocket List – Day 14 🇫🇷 🍒
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139

DTF List – Day 14 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @lilymartin

Day 14 CD

Good morning all.

Had a good FD yesterday and lost my usual 4oz. I seem to fluctuate up and down the same 2 lbs so am going to incorporate another FD this week.

Yesterday was a bad day for me health wise. I have to cut the steroids by 1 gram over the weekend and my body doesn’t like it consequently yesterday was spent feeling awful and the day resting on my bed. Had the gram restored yesterday so am feeling much better today with more energy. Just hope body doesn’t take too long to adjust.

@judyjudes. Great news about your 800 course. You sound much more positive and I hope you will soon see good results. I am following a week behind you. Let me know what meals you have tried that you especially liked. Also any other tips you like to share.

@daffodil. Leslie Sansone seems to be doing you good keep up the good work. May go online and see what’s what.

Keep strong everyone.

2nd post.

Sorry forgot UK.

Day 14 Melb Aust TDEE

Meant today to be a FD, but like @penz, once I start eating, it becomes either a FD800 CD or TDEE. There was ice-cream calling my name, so today it’s a TDEE. Definitely a FD tomorrow!

Keep on keeping on everyone. We’re nearly halfway through the month already (Eeek!)

Day 14, UK, NFD

Yesterday’s FD was good. My OH wanted my spicy pasta for tea. It’s definitely not a normal FD meal, so I weighed myself 200 cals worth of penne (omg, it’s about 10 tubes!) and had that with the sauce. Later I had a low cal jelly and ended the day just on 500 cals.

Today we’re planning on a nice walk and I’ve been promised fish n chips for lunch. I’ve been dreaming of it for weeks but kept putting it off as not fitting in with 5:2. But this is not meant to be a low cal diet, so I’m throwing caution to the winds.

@i-hate-lettuce, your brewing beer hobby is really taking off. Craft beer is really popular at the minute, maybe you should consider selling it – my OH would be your first customer.
    @funshipfreddie – apologies for talking about beer, I would imagine there’d be riots on the streets if they banned alcohol in the UK.

I’m off for haircut later, it will be almost 6 months since it was last done. Hopefully mum won’t greet me tomorrow by saying I’m looking more like grandma every day.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

2nd Post

@annabelle48 … great news! What’s your tag on Fast800. Mine is Peony. I’ll look out for you 😊

Recipes I’d recommend so far:- Spicy Cauliflower soup; Warm Egg & Roast Veg Salad (sans aubergine); Mushroom omelette with cream cheese and basil (would work with chives too). I really enjoy looking through the recipes and printing off the ‘keepers’.

Good Luck & Welcome on board.

Day 14. OMAD. London UK

Just popping in to say hello. @penz – you saved my bacon with DTF. I think I’ve got into the habit now. I do go a bit bonkers at the weekend but I’m hoping I grow up eventually. So if anybody adds themselves to the DTF list, feel free to add me. Honestly, the thought of my international DTF group stops me going on the sauce every day! OMAD still going fine. I read the Fast Five book which talks about appetite correction, and amazingly, it works. You just never seem to get hungry, which is a complete revelation to me. Anyway, early days yet. Happy Tuesday all. H

Day 14…… Florida…….NFD

Well, I’m on the road for work today, dropping a bunch of new stuff off to clients. So it will be in. And out of cars and buildings all day. I’m actually looking forward to being out of the office for the day. It’s actually my long week, 6 days in a row and one of them a 10 hour day. I haven’t worked a 10 hour day since this whole covid19 thing started. But the boss is taking a extended weekend, so guess who fills in for him…… a nice break from the office will be enjoyed.
    With that being said…… lunch will be out and about today…… and I got all the kids home for dinner tonight….. so, it’s going to be an interesting food day! Will definitely need to be mindful of what goes in today!

@northgeorgia……. thanks for adding me to the pocket list! For what ever reason, this tablet will not copy and paste very accurately.

@lilymartin……. I do have a couple works in progress going on but it keeps me busy. Right now, I’m able to do them in my own time and my own way with out any well intentioned help……. feels good.

Well, I’m off…..

Have a great day…….Make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Whew. It was a tough FD yesterday. I had a headache that wouldn’t dissipate for several hours. I think it was the added stress of work (I can’t believe a government organization would call me up and whine about a non-essential worker (one of my staff members) needing to return to their site when 1. there was a COVID outbreak there just three weeks ago, 2. there continues to be COVID cases on site, and 3. my staff member in question has a family member at home who tested positive for COVID, and he’s waiting 10 days to be tested himself. No, I am not making him return; smh. Anyway, just had to vent; back on topic now!)

I ended up eating a can of soup within an hour or so of my first snack, tried drinking more water, eating pickles, drinking seltzer (anything low-calorie with electrolytes). Finally, around 5 pm, the headache went away. Finished up some tasks for the next hour and a half, visited my family next door, and did some other things that caused a major disruption to my regular day-to-day. Before I knew it, it was 8:30 and realized I hadn’t eaten anything else — probably just a 350 calorie day, maximum! So, I got ready for bed. The good news is that in the end, the FD was very successful. My weigh in this morning was 254 lbs. Yay, at last! I’m within a pound of my July goal, so here at mid-month, I think I see the light at the end of the month’s tunnel haha

This is a new record for me, having last weighed 254 lbs. on June 6, 2018. On my fun little “obesity meter,” (based on the “obesity” label by the CDC for my BMI by weight/height), 254 lbs. marks 3/4th of the “tank!” (I started the 5:2 overfull, considered a few pounds “morbidly obese.” But once the tank is empty, then I bump down into the “overweight” category). And yes, I yanked off the 259 lb. link from my closet Christmas garland today! Looks like my new baseline will be the mid-250s for the next week or so, whew!

Got a virtual meeting with our state office today from 9 to 1 with no lunch break, so it may end up being a CD for me by accident. Here’s wishing friendship between all of us and our scales for the weeks ahead!

Day 14, Boston, MA, USA – FD, Run 5 miles

I am not at all caught up on everyone’s comments, so I’ll just say I hope you’re all doing well. I really appreciate the encouragement from everyone. I definitely need to work on post-“failure” (really, post ups-and-downs) recovery, as I have a clear tendency to throw in the towel.

Starting today at 130.2 lbs/59.2 kgs. My goal for the month of 121 lbs/55 kgs is definitely unrealistic at this point, so I’ll adjust that to 125/57. It’s still ambitious, but I’m assuming some of what I have now is water.

The bridal shower is done, and was nice. Fortunately, the bride is low-key and one of the nicest people on the planet, so she was very happy :). We went on a lovely hike and had some online activities later for out-of-town folks. And now I can return to my anti-social natural state!

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @hedwig6

DTF List – Day 14 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @lilymartin

Day 14 USA (Illinois) FD

Happy Bastille Day to all Francophiles indeed! Sorry, no food celebration, @jaifaim – not here either.

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @hedwig6
    @songbirdme

DTF List – Day 14 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @lilymartin

Onward and downward.

Day 14 UK NFD

Sounds to be lots going on (particularly at the hairdressers)as we approach the halfway mark

Welcome @baileys-mom – think you’ve been given some sound advice already I wish there was a magic trick but it’s all down to hard slog , particularly at our age but if you join us you’ll find plenty of encouragement and some very amusing tales

@saffy420 I too have had a big wake up call re portion sizes, they just creep up !

So glad you’re stocked up on essentials @funshipfreddie 🥂

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @hedwig6
    @songbirdme

DTF List – Day 14 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @lilymartin
    @EmmaTaylor

Onward and downward.

Day 14 Canada FD

Gorgeous sunny day and ready to commit to a fast day, number 4 of 9 this month. I do enjoy the fasts

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @hedwig6
    @songbirdme
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 14 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @lilymartin
    @emma-taylor

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD turned to NFD

Life is suddenly unpredictable! Yesterday our son spent the day, so our FD turned into BLTs and onion rings (actually deep fried) and a beer and some yummy strawberry-lime sorbet DS made. So today was our FD instead. I headed out the door at 7:30 this morning and worked in the yard. At noon, hubby and I drove to the garden center–he in his work tie and me in my muddy overalls, LOL!!–and found some clearance plants (there were no other options!) to fill in the holes, and I went straight back to the yard to plant them and do some other piddly things. I did manage to sit for awhile at one point and read all the posts, but wasn’t inside until 2:30 and now it’s 4:30 and I’m washed and dressed, and just wanna go out with my honey. So today is also not going to be a FD.

Some weeks are just like that, you know? And I am not beating myself up over it; I’ve worked hard and am on track to burn an extra 200-300 calories from all that yard work, so I’m feeling entitled to a treat.

I hope the rest of you are doing well with your initial plans, and your afternoons aren’t derailing original intentions, LOL.

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Glad the DTF list is working for you @EmmaTaylor. I’m failing at my own creation! Clearly I’ve not grown up yet either. Trying to work out why I went wrong. I think it was because I’m going back to the office a few times a week now and I’ve not got into a proper routine. I’m very much a creature of routine and it felt like a Friday coming home last night, knowing I wasn’t going back in today. So being Friday, it had to mean a martini before dinner and wine with it! Tomorrow is a FD and I will be working from home and that combination has worked for me before. So tomorrow it is. Can’t afford to let that mojo gallop away from me.

Day14, LFD

I forgot to post yesterday, but it was a successful LFD, although there really wasn’t that much liquid, I need to make sure I drink enough, especially if I want a whoosh!!! I’m feeling a bit bloated today, perhaps my gut bacteria is still depleted after the antibiotics? Yoghurt, ACV and psyllium are on the menu today …………………….. Yummy😕!!!

@stitchincarol, I use magnesium oil daily as a deodorant and haven’t found any water retaining issues, I find it helps with sleep and it aids digestion, I believe magnesium citrate is used for constipation😲. Have a look at the benefits of magnesium oil, it really is a ‘miracle oil’ – I buy the flakes and make my own to the recipe below & wouldn’t be without it!!!
    https://wellnessmama.com/5804/make-your-own-magnesium-oil/

Right then, having caught up on yesterday’s posts, I think it’s safe to say ‘everyone round to @funshipfreddie’s;🏃🏃🏃 the bar is OPEN!!!’🍷🍾🥂 ……………………. @i-hate-lettuce, don’t forget the home brew, it’s gonna be epic🍺🍻!!!!

Welcome to the challenge @baileys-mom, you’ll find endless support & advice here & zero judgement, stick with your routine for at least a few weeks to let your body settle into it, my fatal mistake was expecting one of those ‘overnight miracles’ and changing things around too quickly before seeing the results!! 😢😨😱

@lilymartin, you and me both on the skilful procrastinating!!!😏 If I have ONE thing to do, you can bet I’ll find 10 other’s to do first, then run around in a panic to get the critical thing done at the VERY LAST MINUTE!!!! 😟

@penz, I missed posting yesterday, but I was with you, @jaifaim & @lilymartin on that pocket list …………………. in spirit💜, although it doesn’t sound like I did much good, I think your mojo had a small stumble, you’ve got hold of the reins, so NO galloping away this time around!!!! 💪

Yay for increased flexibility @daffodil2010, it’s all those knee lifts and kicks!!! 😁 I’ve noticed mine have become higher each week and when I tried 30DS the other day, my butt kicks were exceptional😜 ………………………. It’s all down to Leslie!!!! 💪

Congratulations @northgeorgia, 🌟 🎆🎇 that garland is going to get shredded!!!!! 🥇

@songbirdme, how’s Mr. Songbird doing lately? 🙏 Your recent ‘support’😜 of local eateries has made me so jealous, maintenance cannot come too soon!!!!! 🍗🍟🍫🍩🍿🍜

Keep the faith folks, we’re at the ½ way mark, if it’s going steady, stay strong & carry on; if you’ve been ‘slacking-off’ …………………….. time to pull your finger out ………………… We will make July a successful month!!!

Day 15 – UK – NFD (wk1 d3)

Hello Everyone

Stayed on plan yesterday. Had quite a substantial evening meal last night in the hope I slept better, which worked to a degree.

Wishing you all a great day.

Day 15 – Lake District UK – CD

Good morning everyone

The kitchen project, big turning point yesterday, finished painting, starting to put things together now so having an easy day. In fact, after a little bit of patching and fettling, making bread and beer today ready for the grand finale!

@saffy420 – Yes craft brewing has really taken off, I started a good few years ago, but just recently there has been a huge surge of (hobbyist) newcomers. Feel sorry for many microbreweries whose outlets (pubs) have been closed for so long, but many supermarkets are now selling a huge selection of craft beers.

@stitchincarol – Life being unpredictable, certainly is, we used to say we were on a rollercoaster, but occasionally it turns into bungee jumping!

@flourbaby – Yes, I’ve got to get back into 5:2 routine, with being busy the only day I’ve been recording calories etc has been FD’s so going to have to be careful, taking the eye off the ball, not the way to win the ‘game’.

Take care all

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Great FD yesterday, heading in and out to the city means I don’t have time to think about food and now that DH is back working normal hours 9-5 Mon to Fri (he left his job in aviation a couple of weeks ago as work .came to a shuddering halt due to Covid), he is also in with the fasting.

So neither of us eat anything until lunch, then no more until a healthy dinner. We prepare our individual FD lunches the night before. Dry till Fri too. He feels better with the extra exercise in his new job, loves the great sleep that less food and no alcohol can bring, so hopefully I have him finally on board with this WOL.

As I need it!!! I have now gained nearly two stone since summer 2018, so I am thinking of ways to get myself on track. I might need some outside control/influence and might look at the online F800……

I did so well with the online Dukan Diet 7 years ago but could not sustain it. I am also not able to sustain this 5:2 either it seems, I am NOT dropping out of this forum, but I am struggling for ways to stay on board the wagon.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@flourbaby – 😂 yes, the bar is OPEN! But only at weekends. The pineapples will be flying off the shelves again. They’re usually cheap & plentiful; but during the first ban you couldn’t find one for love nor money. Apparently there’s a simple way to make alcohol from them. I’ve no idea how, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a video on YouTube about it. BTW, I think you forgot to change your heading? Unless you’re doing BTB LFDs? We’re on day 15 already; how did that happen?!

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

DTF List – Day 15 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.