July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 723 total)

• Day 10 – UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in during coffee break, FD went out of the window yesterday, very busy on the kitchen & utility rooms ‘project’ needed food and drink to keep going. New white goods delivered (early) fingers crossed as everything going to the planned timescale, although was a bit behind, caught up again!

Take care all

Day 10 Melb Aust FD

Yesterday’s TDEE followed @funshipfreddie‘s pattern of Wednesday, and like him yesterday, today I’m having a FD, so far successful. If I start feeling cold, some hot water will do wonders.

Pocket List Day 10
    @dykask
    @betsylee

Have a good Friday everyone!

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – my fast day was… a breeze! I clocked up 12,000 steps too. To echo @stitchincarol, “Isn’t it funny how some days are a snap and others challenge every last bit of discipline and determination we have?”. And according to the scales this morning, I got off lightly – no pun intended – after Wednesday evening’s EFS.

@lilymartin – never heard that before, ‘your halo doesn’t have to fall far to become a noose’. So true!

@champinator – as others have already said, you’re most likely underestimating your NFD calories. Even doing 3 FDs per week, I didn’t reach my goal until I started logging the calories. Using an app such as myfitnesspal or fatsecret really takes the hassle out of it. 5 lbs in four weeks is great! But if you really want to shake things up, take charge of the ‘feast days’.

@saffy420 – I have to agree, ‘World Peanut Day’! Every day should be peanut day; except FDs of course!

and hooray – it’s Friday! No DTF List required. Cheers, fellow fasters! 🍷

Pocket List – Day 10 🍇
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @betsylee

Pocket List – Day 10 🍇
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @betsylee
    @ annabelle48

Day 10 FD UK

Sorry the list is at the beginning. I had typed out my post ready to add myself to the pocket list when the post disappeared. I can’t be fagged to write all that again so here is a short synopsis.

Yesterday NFD not very successful as gained another 4 oz so that is now of the 1 lb lost a half a pound is back on. I calculated 1100 calories and my BMR is 1091 with TDEE 1309 so in theory if I keep between those 2 I should maintain. It may be the steroids, in fact probably is, but I think I will have to keep below 1000 on NFD, which rather defeats the object of eating normally on 5 days. Any advice?

@judyjudes I have thought about MMFast 800 but not got round to opening my purse yet. I will very interested to hear how you find it

As a result of above have started day a bit down but don’t usually stay there long so hopefully will bounce back soon.

Have a good weekend all.

Day 10….. Florida……. NFD

So, yesterday morning, I did my 30 min walk before work but let me tell you I’m feeling it this morning. I am soo very stiff and sore. Damn, I’m getting old! So, I’m for going the morning walk and going to do it later in the evening.

I’m thinking on FD morning, I’ll walk but on NFD, I’ll walk at night, try and keep my hands out of the cookie jar….. so to speak.

I am a bit behind in posts as the beginning of the week was a bit hectic but everything is falling into place, so I should be able to catch up later today or tomorrow.

Oh, yesterday, I heard something really great so I’m going to start adding it to my endings……

Have a great day and make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 10, London UK, NFD,

I skipped yesterday’s soup but I had a babybel cheese & a handful of baby plum tomatoes, so not a LFD, but at <100cals, it was a successful FD!! Thank you @missybear 🙏, it was your post that helped immensely ……………………….. “I can do anything for one day…….and I can have wine tomorrow😉” ……………………. I definitely DESERVE wine today ………………. But I WILL abstain!!!

@brightonbelle, I know those types of FDs where you can’t help but inhale your single solitary meal in about 30 seconds😟 ……………. Mindful eating is the key ……………………. Apparently!!! I’ll have my lentil & bacon soup🍜 today for ‘breakfast’ at about 3pm, and I will chew very, very slowly!!!

@stitchincarol, I hope your FD went well yesterday, the members of the lengthy pocket list were all with you!!! Keep the faith, it WILL happen!!! 🤗

@penz…………………. Stop!!!…………. Reread your post ………… Paragraph 1 full of positivity & resolve & PFDS!!! 😇 …………………… Paragraph 7, that resolve is racing for the booze 🍷!!??? Can you see me wagging my finger???? No, No, NO!!!!!! 😂😆

@lilymartin, 💪 never in the history of the ‘chocolate almond’ has one single solitary chocolate almond been enjoyed soooo much and lasted sooooo long, no doubt you sniffed it & licked it & savoured the taste😜 …………………….. now, there’s a thought, if I had just one wine gum, could I lick it every 5-10 minutes until it disappeared, or would that be the purest form of torture????

@annabelle48, I’m guessing those steroids are doing a number on you!!! The science & the numbers don’t/can’t lie, CICO (calories in, calories out) is set in stone!!! You are in a calorie deficit just by sticking between BMR & TDEE and having 2 FDs, you will lose weight!!! We’ve all been on a somewhat baffling plateau😱, gained when the numbers absolutely guarantee a loss😟, the key???? DO NOT GIVE UP, sometimes our bodies, miracle machines that they are, do crazy things to thwart our efforts, ‘cause they really don’t like change. The steroids combined with your body panicking over receiving so few calories might delay the inevitable………………………. Weight loss!! Keep the faith, we’ve ALL👨👩👦 been there!!! Stick with us, we’ve got you!!!! 🤗

This resonates at the moment!!!……………………

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Day 10 RJ Brazil NFD

@northgeorgia Thanks! I’ve been charting my daily weighings , here it is: https://prnt.sc/tfatb4

@basyjames
    That post was very helpful. I also believe that the scale doesn’t say everything. I have measured my waist and lost a few centimeters, but I still find it difficult when the weight doesn’t drop.

@stitchincarol
    Thanks! I will do my best

@penz
    Exactly! I’m going to wait a while before I change my approach.

@lilymartin
    It’s true, we eat a lot more than we realize. Recording calories is boring, but it’s very helpful.

Thanks for the advice, guys.I’m gonna wait until next week to see if I’ll break through the plateau. If not, I’ll reduce the NFD calories.

Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD

Good morning. In the ongoing weight negotiations with my scale, it generously offered me the deal of 255 lbs. I argued that with a NFD yesterday, that I would happily accept 256 lbs. After several moments of going back and forth (that’s me getting on and off the scales, repositioning myself, alternating between standing on the heels, on the ball of the foot, and in the dead center because I’m not fully awake), I accepted the 255 lb. deal when the scales informed me that I had forgotten to eat supper last night, having had a few light snacks instead due to a late business meeting. With the conclusion of talks for the day, I report 255 lbs. for this Friday, knowing that 256 will likely return as a possibility at the negotiating table before Monday’s FD.

In other news, I learned to how to more accurately measure my neck size, resulting in a loss of half an inch, and it appears another 1/4 inch of waist has disappeared into thin air (you know, water and CO2, scientifically speaking). In fashion news, I am donning an old shirt (it’s Friday, just a casual work uniform shirt someone gave me) that I couldn’t wear a few months ago. In sports and weather, I hope to go for a nice walk or swim today if a thunderstorm doesn’t pop up this evening. Household cleaning may be on the agenda.

And let’s take a look now at the Pocket List of champions for today:

Pocket List – Day 10
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @betsylee
    @annabelle48

Day 10 Canada NFD

Running out the door for an early work start- have a great day all!

Day 10 – Ireland – NFD

Still feeling rubbish… on 2nd antibiotic for tooth/gum and really sinusy this week… that along with busy times at work makes for a very dull time here in my world 🙄
    Looking forward to the weekend and catching up on posts… I’m reading them but nothing is sticking in my brain…

Have a good day all and @michelinme and @ciren2 You’re on my mind I hope you are ok.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 10 North Canton OH CD

What an amazing nugget of wisdom “The halo does not have to slip far to become a noose” so true. I may carve that on a plaque or better still put in on a refrigerator magnet.

I broke my liquid fast at 90 hours, I still haven’t stepped on scale but I did look leaner in the mirror this morning.

It was so humid this morning and that made running especially difficult, so I mostly walked with short running bursts to bring my heart rate up up, then completed my lower body workout. Today was a bit of a mental struggle though.

True @stitchincarol some days are a breeze while others are way more challenging.

@northgeorgia that was a hilarious post, still wiping my eyes 😂

I will miss the safety and security of being on the pocket list but NFD are important otherwise this becomes a low calorie diet which is not as fun or effective

Have a fun Friday everyone.

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good Silver Sneakers this morning, not quite as hot as the last several days. Had an excellent rain last evening. Yesterday’s FD came in about 650 calories (so I could still eat supper with DH) but happy enough on the scale this morning.

@lilymartin – I had to laugh about the cats bellowing at your singing a high part for Zoom! You’re adorable. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Thanks to my fellow DTF listers this week… I have stayed dry, and now it’s Friday 😁🥂 Cheers 🍻

@annabelle48 my advice is not to fret about the natural day to day fluctuations, maybe weigh yourself less often or only record your end of week or end of month weight so that you are seeing the actual trend which will hopefully be downwards. When I began 5:2 I was jumping on the scales daily and seeing fluctuations of up to 5 pounds and that made me feel demotivated. Now I just weigh and record on the last Friday of each month. I also find the feeling of my waistline a better indicator of when I need to be more disciplined. Be cautious of going too low cal on NFDs, as you say that isn’t 5:2 and in my experience basic vanilla 5:2 does the job in an enjoyable and sustainable way.

Page has turned, was it @penz who painted the picture of @ihatelettuce doing kitchen renovations in his too big posh tweed jacket 😂 love it, up there with my mental picture of @flourbaby pushing a trolley around Tesco wearing a ball gown. Seriously, frequently try on those clothes you think are too small. This WOE really works. I missed out on wearing size 14s hidden at the back of the wardrobe as I seemed to drop suddenly from a 16 to 12 🙂

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. See you Monday, my regular FD.

2nd Post

@annabelle48 MM Fast800 is on offer at the moment, so a good time to join. I’ve contemplated joining a few times previously myself but thought I’d be able to do it myself. I really need to shift this last stone as it’s hung around too long. Plus my waist size is going up.

I officially start a Monday but I’ve been trying some meals this week to get into the habit of following recipes without going off piste or pimping them up! So far so good, they are filling and nutritious 😋.

Day 10 UK FD

Very busy day at work so easy to fast! Reckon the calorie intake today came in at around 650 so happy with that. Will relax a bit at the weekend…

Day 10 UK NFD

Very sorry , not had chance to check in today, been super busy preparing a birthday surprise for a friends 60th , hope to catch up tomorrow, if not definitely Sunday Have a good weekend all x

Day 11 – UK – NFD

Hi Everyone

Yesterday I ended up doing a FD. I used recipes from MM Fast800 Online plan, really nice they were too and kept me satisfied. Gearing up for Monday’s official start. It will be interesting to see how much progress I make on the 12 week course.

Today is Hairdresser day 💇‍♀️. I have to arrive in a mask 😷 which is fine. Interestingly I don’t have greys (nearer 60 than 50) and my hair is growing through darker than its ever been. Its only grown about 2.5 inches which doesn’t seem a lot 🤷‍♀️. It will feel nice to have a hairstyle again but going to the hairdressers is never my favourite activity as the enforced sitting and hair back-wash can prove painful. Needs must though.

Have a great Saturday!

Day 11 – Japan – NFD

My water fast went well enough, but today I’m somewhat dehydrated. I drinking a lot of water so I should be just fine. The worst part is I’ve had 3 charlie horses today, although one was very mild. I seem to be prone to dehydration. Part of it is when I exercise I tend to sweat a lot. Hmmmm …

Otherwise I’m just fine! I’m deeply concerned about the horrible situation in the USA. My family is okay so far but it is large and spread out all over the US. By large I mean I even had two 2nd cousins that started dating before they found out one of their grandmothers (my great aunt) was also the other one’s great aunt. Maybe still legal some places but it didn’t sit well for them.

@judy good luck with the hairdresser. When my son made it Japan he looked like a 60’s hippy. Wisps of beard, almost a goatee and hair well over his eyes. He could have started making a pony tail or at least a samurai top knot. When he had his hair cut he said the barber slipped on all the hair!

Day 11 – UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Most time consuming part of kitchen finished, the tiling, but wow it does look good!

Now more cleaning and polishing before painting, not going to get finished on time, but never mind, looking good so far.

Going out for a BBQ at friends house this evening, walk round so a few drinks and a nice change, will stop us working too long today!

Take care all.

Day 11 – Ireland – CD

What a busy week but went out with friends last night… no drink as I’m on meds but lovely to be out In a restaurant BUT it was also quite stressful – There are still people who just don’t understand the concept of staying away from others… People popping over to say hello and hovering over you and the like… maybe I’m just over sensitive to my space now…

It will take time before I’m comfortable in busy places I’m sure!

@betsylee and others who are locked down again – I hope you’re doing ok! I can see this happening in Ireland as people seem to just think we’ve got through and are on the other side. It is so frustrating to witness the stupidity of people… it’s not just the youngsters either… 🙄

Enjoy your visit to the salon @judyjudes! I had mine done last week and it was great to see my hairdresser who is a pal but like you my neck gets really sore at the basins so not my favourite pampering treat…

Good luck with the surprise @brightonbelle!! Isn’t it great that you can celebrate now – I hope you have fun! 🎉 We have missed many big birthdays this year with my friends group. There will be one big hoolie when we finally come out of this ✅ 🎈🎉

@stitchincarol i had a rough week too and have no idea why my body/mind acts up With cravings or stubbornness when I am pretty committed to the WOL … but come on…. Don’t give up… one good decision at a time… we’ll get there 👍👍👍
    One of my very good friends who I met last night has lost over 50lbs which has given me a kick up the bum to keep going… she is not active and honestly you would not have thought she had it to lose…. So I’m inspired and focused again….. from Monday! I will celebrate the end of two weeks of antibiotic tomorrow night with a drink or two 🍻🍻

@basyjames I’m so glad to hear you are in a better place now and I’m hoping that you can work through this with your loved one. Nothing in life is straightforward or easy…. (with the exceptIon maybe of putting on weight 🤔) and we are living through extraordinary pressures but let yourself be supported through this tough time. I was in a similar position this time last year and it’s great to have the support of this group along with dear friends…

Have a lovely Saturday everybody!
    @daffodil2010 enjoy your trip! I ♥️ the southwest.

Hello to absent friends. Please say hello if you are out there? 👋

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 11 NFD UK

Was a bit fed up yesterdAy so thought blow it (not the word I used), I am not planning anything so I had spaghetti (white as all 8 had), pastor and pine nuts with strawberries and ice cream for my dinner.
    Thought I would check damage done and lo and behold half a pound off and back to my original 1 lb loss.
    Very nice but I’m banjaxed.

@missy Bear I am taking your very sound advice not to fret about minor ups and downs. I also think I had sort of lost the plot by trying to concentrate too much on each day. It’s supposed to be a way of life and I was cutting out the good bits by worrying about them and being on a diet all the time.

@judyjudes. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the hairdressers. I too hate the back wash as it hurts my neck but I get them to pad out the rim of the basin with a foam pad they have plus a towel and this helps with the pressure. Thank you very much for the information re Fast800 offer. I had a look on the website at some of the meals and they looked nice. I have to say I can’t be bothered with too much faffing about with preparation or with a long list of ingredients but the batch curry sauce sounds good so may try that.
    I will also investigate further today, only had a quick look last night. Offer is on for another week I see.

I plan to have a relaxed weekend not worrying about food and start refreshed on Monday.
    I wish you all a good weekend also.

2nd post.
    This predictive text really annoys me at times. I definitely typed pasta and also I, 8 is on the same key and it does that sometimes but that’s not the fault of predictive text. Moral is read through before submitting!!!

Day 11 OMAD London UK

@dykask – I had to look up charlie horse. I have never heard that term before, so I’ve learned something new today and it’s only 10.30. Sounds painful.
    OMAD still going fine – so far so good. We actually went to the beach yesterday! West Wittering in West Sussex. We walked from East Wittering – the guys had fish and chips which looked fantastic, but for me, knowing I can have nothing except between 5 and 10pm works fine, cos I’m not tempted to just have a little bit. The beach was lovely – pebbles turning to the most beautiful clean white sand. ( sorry – getting a bit carried away – you can tell it’s a while since we’ve been to the beach). Then we went to the PUB!!!!!!! in Chichester on the way back. It was an old church which had become a pub, so lots of space and very well organised, so it was a great day, with a six mile walk in the middle. Have a great weekend all.

Day 11 UK, NFD

Had a good couple of FDs in the week with the other days keeping well under TDEE. I’ve also been walking with Ms Sansone, let’s hope I’m getting back on track this month. Today we’re going to friends for a meal. As the last couple of times has been outside BBQs, we’re eating inside. We’re having a roast turkey dinner. Yes it’s Christmas in Cheshire today. One friend is taking starters and I’ve done dessert – I’ve made trifles. – individual ones. I have a cunning plan to leave mine behind, as I know I will be too full. I’m driving, so no alcohol for me. This should be all I eat today so hopefully not too much damage.

@emma Taylor, I’m jealous of your pub outing, we have a table booked in our local for next week.
    @jaifaim, what a shame the restaurant experience was marred by a few idiots. You’re right, it’s not just youngsters, yesterday at the hospital where I work I saw a nurse speaking to a group of elderly people who had pulled together a couple of tables in the coffee shop. They weren’t wearing masks and one of them was on a bloomin’ drip!
    @annabelle48, we used to call the scales Cruella, as she takes great delight in torturing us. Looking at it logically, you’re taking in fewer calories than you’re using. The loss will come but our bodies can take time to behave logically.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 10 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 11 Oxon, UK NFD
    Long walk Friday – 12km, kept to TDEE just.
    Hair cut today, yay. DD & partner coming for a visit so trying a new vegan recipe of sweet potato and spinach chilli. I’ll let you know if it’s a good one. Planning on skipping lunch so I can enjoy the evening. Had late breakfast anyway due to yoga class first. Hoping it will all come together.

Day…..11……Florida…….NFD

I have a lot planned for myself today…..The hubby is away for a couple weeks and there are so many projects, I want to get done before he gets back. Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem doing them while he is here…… except one or two things happen….. I get commentary from the peanut gallery…… or he ends up taking over the project. And well, sometimes, I just want to do it all the way through on my terms.
    Example, in the garden, for those who don’t know me….. we grow 75 % of our veg. Year round. I want to lay straw down, to help keep the moisture in during this very hot days of summer……. he thinks it’s not a sound idea. Plus, we have this thyme plant that decided to run wild and it is not useable anymore does smell fantastic but it’s all
    Inter twined in the fence…… he wanted to leave it……I spent a hour pulling it yesterday.
    Wow got off on a tangent there for a minute…….
    So, anyways……I’m going to busy most of the day with projects….

I am not walking this weekend, I’m thinking garden work is going to be plenty of exercise

Food wise……. I do have an NFD planned only because I will be out gathering supplies and then spending a good hour or so waiting in a very long line to gather a purchase. Debating whether I should mention what it is or not, only because some people are totally against it, some believe as I do it’s our right. So, I’m going to let you use your imagination. So, more than likely….. I’ll just stop off for food. I will choose healthier options.

@dykask……… I read your post and became concerned with your Charlie horse after your liquid fast. You say you sweat a lot, it may not be dehydration that caused the Charlie horse but rather salt. Or lack of. Sweating decreases the salt in our body….. so although we can get plenty of fluids in us such as water……Water has a very low salt count so it’s unable to replenish what we lose. One of the first symptoms of a salt defiance in our body is cramping. So, may I recommend adding one or two drinks high in sodium during your liquid fasts, especially on days your sweating.
    Also, you should have your potassium levels checked. Low potassium can cause cramping in our arms and legs….. also chest pain. Low potassium is extremely dangerous can have lasting effects such as short term memory loss, confusion, etc. things that can not be reversed.

Okay…. well it’s time to begin my day……

Have a great day! Make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Negotiations were ugly this morning. The scales wanted everything and more back — requesting the old flat-lined plateau of 257 lbs. I pitched a fit and said it was unacceptable to ask for two pounds back in a day. We have settled on the 256 lb. compromise, and hope I’ll be vindicated on that settlement for the weekend. I’ll show those scales for sure who’s boss next week after two more FDs! It’s not the middle of the month just yet!

To be continued…

Day 11, Boston, MA – MFD, Hike, maybe run

I’m back after not being on for a while – a combination of lack of computer and heightening of stress. I’ve eaten my way through the week, and also not done much running. Running really keeps my brain in the right place, so that’s bad.

Notes:

– Sleep deprivation leads to terrible decision-making. Cumulative sleep deprivation makes for even worse ones. I definitely need to prioritize sleep.

– I’ve had to plan a bridal shower this week (the hike today), and I find event-planning extremely anxiety-inducing. Group social activities are like that in general, but having to be responsible for something like a bridal shower makes me even more stressed. In this case I actually don’t know that bride or any of her friends all that well, but I’m her future SIL, so I’m planning. I am also really unsentimental, so I have a hard time imagining what someone might actually enjoy. I would have been happy to forego the shower AND the wedding, but most people are not me!

– Anxiety makes me eat lots of salty, greasy food.

Hopefully I will be able to get this back on track after today’s shower is DONE. Also, maybe I need to work on better coping skills.

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@annabelle48 – predictive texting 😅 I did wonder about your ‘pastor and pine nuts’; a nice treat…for a cannibal?! I only weigh myself after a FD now. Too many fluctuations otherwise, and not worth worrying about.

Have a nice weekend everyone 🌈 ⛅️

Day 11, London, UK, LFD

@jaifaim, I really feel for you with the tooth/gum issues!!😢 Been there, done that…………………………. Then considered taking a hammer & chisel to my own mouth!!!😟 I hope the drugs work soon!! 🙏

@northgeorgia, loved yesterday’s news report format!!! 😂😂 Today, I fear compromise is the only solution in those particular negotiations!!😖😁

To those MIA, @at, @michelinme and @ciren2, I hope you’ll pop in from time to time!!!

LOL @missybear, if only I had been trying clothes on regularly, I wouldn’t have skipped a size like you did & missed out on wearing that ball-gown around Tesco’s!!! But would I have had the guts to do it????

@dykask, is the Charlie horse due to dehydration because of mineral depletion? I’ve never suffered, but wondered if a salty broth would do the trick. Is your son still in Japan? Just before lockdown my colleague drove to France to collect his daughter from university, although not happy to be dragged home at the time😤, she’s counting her blessings her dad is a ‘little’ overprotective now!!! 🙏

@emma-taylor, I think that’s how I’m succeeding with the LFDs, just knowing there’s nothing to eat for the day, means there’s ZERO temptation!!! 😜

@bert1802 …………………. The ‘peanut gallery’, I haven’t heard that in years!!! As a child my dad would be forever shushing us with a “quiet in the penny seats!!!” or “Quiet in the peanut gallery!!!” whilst he was watching cricket!!!

@hedwig6, My advise? …………………………… Rope the maid of honour in to help with the planning ASAP, she must know the bride a lot better!! 😏

The weekend is NOT an excuse to derail your efforts from the rest of the week🍷🍾🥂 ……………………………. Yes, I’m talking to you…………………… stay strong everyone, we’ve got this!!!!!

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Went overboard a bit yesterday (for me DAFD Day After FD is rough). But today will be better. Pouring rain here this morning, good for the farmers and our gardens. Not good for swimming, but our little backyard pool has been used well lately.

@emma-taylor – your beach/PUB day sounded delightful! Yeah for that. I was wondering if other parts of the world knew “charlie horse” as my father always called cramps. @dykask – interesting that you used that term too.

@bert1802 – great advice for all of us who are prone to cramps. I’ve started taking magnesium citrate each night, and mine have almost gone. Also yes, salt with WFD’s is always good.

@i-hate-lettuce – hope your BBQ is great. We are getting a carry-out meal fund-raiser for a local group. DH is getting pulled pork BBQ and I am having their fish. Can I help it that they include homemade pie?!

@judyjudes – yeah for you and your haircut! My second one since our re-opening is this week, and looking forward to getting the hair off the back of my neck. Summer sweating is bad this year.

@annabelle48 – I had to look up your “banjaxed” – I adore our international community as I learn new words and slang!

@bert1802 – our son is a Disney planner, so when I see your zip-a-dee reference I always think of him. https://wishful-thinking.com/?fbclid=IwAR2DMpqcaaIBDz6JaRcdAZN-BWJEv7cLSiiJbQd2MDRq3gRQLABmqWjDpL8 is his website if anyone needs Disney help. He is living in Orlando FL now – born in Anaheim (he went to Disneyland “in utero” for the first time)

@hedwig6 – I feel for you with your event planning. Great advicee from @flourbaby to enlist assistance from the Maid of Honor.

Onward and downward.

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD
    Day 10, NFD well under TDEE

Yesterday got away from me, and I ran out of time to check in. But Thursday’s FD ended up okay, despite my lousy mental attitude (no naughtiness!!), and I woke up at 152.2–the lowest I’ve been in a long, long time. This morning, I was still only 153.2, so I’m hoping that means I’ve finally dropped actual weight and it’s not simply water/waste. What’s best of all is that my attitude is adjusted, I DO want to lose weight, and I’m firmly back on the wagon. I have decided, however, that my huge step goal of 60K per week is just over the top for me, and adds too much stress. I’ll have to settle for a slower weight loss and do without quite so many steps. Thanks, @lilymartin, @judyjudes, @flourbaby, and @jaifaim for the encouragement!

@lilymartin, I loved your halo story!
    @judyjudes, I think (in my totally non-scientific way) you were losing weight, that your body was burning calories inside you and running out of food calories to burn, so burning fat, and that’s why you were so cold and down in the morning. Well done, even if you did eat more calories than a FD usually gets! And I think I can speak for the group and say of course you can stay in this group!
    @northgeorgia, your negotiating with your scale was delightful to read, and I’m thinking you’ll lose the next negotiation as well, because you’re doing such a good job sticking to everything, as evidenced by a loss in your waist measurement…perhaps because you’re amazing enough to do a FD on a FRIDAY. Amazing, and congratulations!
    @dykask, where is your family in the states? Here in Nebraska, the infection rate is way down, as is the death rate, so it’s not dire everywhere.
    @IHateLettuce, it’s such a delight to get the daily updates on your kitchen remodel. Bummer on being a bit off-schedule, but I imagine the great results are more on your mind than the slower pace. Enjoy your BBQ tonight!
    @jaifaim, thanks for the encouragement. I once was given an antibiotic that the doctor said, “If you drink alcohol with this, it won’t kill you…but you’ll wish it did.” !!!!! I wasn’t smart enough to say, “Then can’t you give me a DIFFERENT med??” and just religiously avoided all alcohol! So enjoy your wine tomorrow! 🙂
    @annabelle48, your weight loss after a lovely meal just proves this WOL works, so you’re making the right decision to just shrug your shoulders and keep on keeping on. As someone who weighs every day, this will sound hypocritical, but I’m wondering if you’d do better to be a person who only weighs weekly, or even monthly? I think if you keep track of what you’re eating, following 5:2 as it’s meant to be followed, and entirely ignore the scale, you’ll have a more peaceful life. Think?
    @EmmaTaylor, your time on the beach sounds divine. I grew up blocks from the ocean in the Pacific Northwest, and definitely miss the beach and the sound and smell of the ocean.
    @hedwig6, I hope the bridal shower goes off without a hitch, that the bride is thrilled, and that you get back to peace and no stress soon!

My current favorite quotes:
    “I can do anything for one day.”
    “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Day 12 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 11 NFD

Had too much to eat yesterday to call it a TDEE, so swapping the weekend pattern and doing my TDEE today.

@northgeorgia, what a chuckle you are giving us with the scales debate. Have you threatened it with a hammer yet if it won’t conform? 🙂

@jaifaim, yes, we’re back in stage 3 lockdown here in Victoria, but only for a time. The other states in Australia are doing much better and enjoying greater freedom, but it seems there were major failures in quarantine protocol in some Melbourne hotels where returning travellers were quarantined, and then security guards spread the virus through the community again. It’s for 6 weeks, then the authorities will re-assess.

@hedwig6, definitely get some input from the bride-to-be’s closest friends.

@i hate lettuce, well done on the progress in the kitchen. You’ll be back to MOAM walks in no time.

@michelinme, hope you’re feeling better now, and lurking, if not posting.

@ciren2, same goes – your input is always valued, even if you feel like you’re not a “real” 5:2er – but…who is? We all struggle in various ways.

Keep on the downward path everyone!

Day 12 was meant to be FD, but probably more like a CD, Aus
    Sounds like everyone is up and down – very encouraging though to read through all the messages.
    @hedwig6 I can understand it – weddings and all the associated events can be absolutely ridiculously over the top. I’ve had a very modest wedding without bridal showers etc and can only wish my kids do too. But if it matters to your brother and future SIL…. it’s a bit of a wedding gift in itself!

Day 12 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

….. and stop! …. no not you, ME!

@stichincarol – @betsylee – Realised how much work I’ve been doing recently and had a great BBQ evening with friends last night, so decided on a slow day today.
    Partly enforced as the flooring is delayed, delivery is now Wednesday and fitting Friday, but that will give me time to paint etc, plus there’s a couple of rainy days this week, so painting can be done then!
    Looking very good so far, always love it when all the prep and ‘background’ works finished and you start putting it all together. Tiles went well, ended up with 3 spare not much wasted!

@funshipfreddie – I’m with you on weighing, stopped looking every day, just Fridays after a FD now.

@songbirdme – Yes last nights BBQ with friends was fun, time for a good catch-up. In fact part of todays lazy day will include late lunch on the BBQ sitting in the garden.

Take care all

D9,10,11 NFD – UK

Epic fasting fail on Friday. Have established it is the emotional element that is ‘getting’ me. So have decided to be kind to myself instead of beating myself up. I had planned 3 fd’s last week, and in reality only did 1. So I think I am better off sticking to 2 fd’s. I just felt uncontrollably hungry, and cold on the other days.

This coming week is my birthday, so I am going to eat cake, and enjoy it. And with that mindset, I am likely to have just 1 slice. Hoping I have silenced the hungry minster.

@judyjudes let us know how you find the 800 thing, I looked at it too. I was considering the full 800cals each day for a few weeks, but my recent experience with trying to get back to fasting has proven it might be a mental stretch for me right now.

@lilymartin can I please be hitched to your wagon too, in serious need of dragging out of my evil ways.
    Well done on the family feast restraint. Keep shining that halo. Let your sister know that luckily, with your recent efforts, if your halo did slip, it would fall right off your ever decreasing waistline, so no fear of it beng a noose😋😉.

@basyjames, I follow a fasting coach on youtube called Dr Mindy. She is excellent at explaining fasting protocols etc and what nutrients your body may need during long fasts. I have only done a 42 hour water only fast, but want to try for longer, once I am in the right headspace.
    Also, glad to hear you are talking with you OH. I went through a divorce after a 20 year relationship (married 17), and it was no fun. Marriage counselling did help us hang on for a few more years, having an outsider ask questions was powerful on a relationship level and a personal level. Once the marriage did end, I was in a better space as a direct result. I hope you keep on communicating. And I hope it works out for you.

Happy Sunday everyone.

‘Next year you will wish you started today’
    Jo

Day 12 – UK – NFD

Happy Sunday Everyone

@fasterjo Happy Birthday 🥳 Wishing you a good one. I also considered the full 800 but I feel it would also be to big a stretch day in and day out. I didn’t want to set myself up to fail. Nonetheless if I don’t get any results in the first couple of weeks with 5:2 I will give it a go. My concern for the 5:2 is that some daily food counts are above 1600 cals 😳. I definitely gain if my intake is over 1200, perhaps even less depending on the macros. I posted a question on the forum about this but yet to receive a response. I might be better emailing them. My official day is tomorrow and I’ve been trying a few recipes this week. Tasty!

@dykask @jaifaim @annabelle48 & @songbirdme My hairdresser did a lovely cut & highlights. The family commented how lovely it looks. To be honest I feel scalped and naked but in reality I’ve gone no shorter than my usual shoulder length style. I had got used to my longer hair. In regards to my experience, due to being petite in statue, my hairdresser got me to sit on a child’s booster seat 😳😬 … it did make it more comfortable ☺️

Have a great Sunday!

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Happy S🌞nday!

Day 12, London UK, NFD,

Short & sweet today!!!

@stitchincarol, it wouldn’t have even crossed my tiny mind to ask for a booze friendly antibiotic …………………………….. kicking myself right now over the boozing time lost over the years!!!!😆😁😜😂

There may be some vino today😕, just because!!! I’m trying to talk myself out of it since it really scuppers my weight-loss, it actually makes everything stand still for 2-3 days even zero loss FDs😱, something to do with glycogen and the liver.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I’m taking it easy (lazy!)😎

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in before church this morning.

Onward and downward.

Day 12 UK NFD

Finding it difficult to get going today Yesterday’s over indulgence 🥂🥂🍰🕺 has taken its toll – I did enjoy it and it’s first time I’ve splurged in a good while , still early in the month and I’m sure I can get back on track

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow with my regular Monday fast

Off to put the kettle on , nice cup of tea and catch up on posts , see ya tomorrow 👋

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

*** HELLO. These are the scales of NorthGeorgia reporting in. I am horribly offended by the slanted media coverage given me over the past few weeks of being unfair and fickle. I want to expose NorthGeorgia for the rascal he is. At 8 a.m. this morning, I gave him a confirmed weight of 257 lbs. He ranted and raved and said he wouldn’t accept a “plateau figure,” whatever that means. Over the next few hours he kept running about the house, doing errands and so forth, when every 45 minutes or so, he would sneakily pounce on me when I was minding my on business. Finally, after two and a half hours of this constant assault, I relented and told him I would give him a 256.8 if he would just leave me alone! I didn’t mention that huge Mexican meal he picked up last night or his sneaking a handful of leftover salsa and chips after 8 p.m! Maybe he should try to watch himself more on NFDs instead of blaming me! Drink some water over the weekend sometime, for goodness sake! I try to play nice, but I will rat on him for the world to see if he doesn’t become more cordial with me! 😮

Very amusing post. Just wondered if you had ever looked at Jason Fung on You Tube? He is a Canadian Nephrologist who advocates fasting and had reversed diabetes in his patients by fasting. Thought it might help you get off the plateau as he had certainly helped me to decrease the inches. He is an easy listen and has clear explanations. I hope you don’t mind me posting here.

@judyjudes, thanks, my birthday is on Thursday.

I suffer the same affliction where I can fast for days on end, and sneak 10 cals over my aim of 1 550 cals, and I jump 20 pounds 🙄. I have been reading up a lot on digestion etc, and everything points me towards gut health, but it apparently takes really long to correct. I have been debating working with an intergrated practitioner. The theory is that weight gain is a side effect if ill health, not the cause of it.

The year or so I have spent away from this forum I have done a lot of fasting, normally 36hrs+, or doing 16:8. And it made me feel better. But, the lockdown brought with it a ton of comfort eating, so here we are, again. This WOE is sustainable, and the loss is gradual, with all the benefits of full fasting.

Someone mentioned Jason Fung, and his stuff is inspiring, as well as Walter Longo. They are the people Mike Moseley learned this stuff from.

Hope your Sunday is going well and the new 5:2 helps you with the sticking points.

Jo😊

Day 13, FD (ish), Aus

I’m catching up with a friend for lunch today so will try and stay under 500 cal. As I prefer LFDs this might be a challenge for me.

This is directed at @northgeorgia‘s scales. Get off this forum! This is a forum for people, not sassy back-chatting inanimate rude objects!! Give @northgeorgia what he wants and stop complaining!

[Still laughing, thanks!]

Day 13 – Japan – WFD #55

Today is cooler so workout was easier, mostly push-ups. I’m not sure how long I’m going to keep up the push-ups, I sure didn’t want to do them today, but actually I’m still doing a few more every time. I’ve been doing them about 3 times a week. I might at least drop it down to two times a week so I have more time to heal.

@bert1802 – It could be salt. Normally it isn’t a problem, just sometimes things get out of whack a bit. I was surprised myself. It has been hot too so that causes more sweat even if I don’t notice it.

Day 13 FD- out-the-window-NFD , country west Australia
    Had a good start today to my usual Monday FD and then derailed it by having a piece of left over lasagne which whispered to me when I opened the fridge …’ eat me, eat me, eat me!’
    So I relented , and I did .
    Off to work soon so will not have time for any more food until later tonight.
    @north Georgia’s scales. You made me laugh out loud.
    You do seem to be very opinionated for an inanimate object. When my scales want to act a bit ornery I just stand on them and it knocks the breath right out of them.😳
    Sadly they don’t remain silent for long as the needle whizzes up to a most unbecoming number. 😲
    @fasterjo, I am happy to have you hitched to my/our wagon.🤝 It’s what helps us all arrive at our destination wherever that may be for each of us.🤔
    Good days, bad days, better days, We get there one day at a time.
    @annabelle48 I too hate predictive text.😠 The number of times I have had to send corrections with ** when texting by phone has made me much more careful when typing and reading before posting.
    Still not 100 % but better than I was. 😜
    Have a good Monday everyone.😎

D13 -UK -FD

@lilymartin thanks, have secured my harness, ready to be dragged along.

After a depressing weigh in this morning (after many failed attempts this last week to actually have a 500 day), I have revised my aim to just loose and keep off 1lbs this month. I think it’s going to be going a few rounds with the same pound till it finally shuffles off my wobbly bits for good. Have accepted this means a 4lbs loss for my nephews wedding in Oct. But hopefully it’s for good.

Off for my final run on the c25k!

Have an excellent Monday everyone.

‘Next year I will wish I had started today’

Pocket list
    @fasterjo

Day 13 – Ireland – CD
    Hi all I had such a busy weekend I haven’t read back on all the posts but must set aside some time today…
    Hi to the familiar “faces” who are back with us! @fasterjo, @zzzzz45, @hedwig6 etc👋
    @stitchincarol 😂😂 thats so funny! I wouldn’t have even thought to ask… finished antibiotic on Friday and feeling better 👌 hopefully that’s it now and no further work needed 🤞
    Thanks for the thoughts @flourbaby… I knew you’d been through the same recently so that inspired me to go to the dentist sooner then I might have ordinarily – thank you!!

I had a very active weekend both cycling in the mountains now that we’re freeee and walking with friends I had not seen in months but still not getting too close To anyone …👍. Also had two of the most delicious creamiest pints of Guinness last night which I 💯 enjoyed in a great beer garden with socially distanced tables. 😋 they went straight to my head 😂🤣😂 it’s been months since I had a drink. 🙃
    So, I was ever so slightly baloobas 🥴 and I can generally hold my drink pretty well when I do drink 🤣😂🤣🍻Fun fun fun ✅

Here we go…another very busy week in work but that should help with staying on the straight and narrow 💪💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I am back! Great weekend away in the South of Ireland, fab weather, delicious creamy pints of Guinness in the hotel restaurant (@jaifaim, with you there)….everyone seemed to be drinking draught Guinness from the tap…..I guess people figured a pub pint was better than a glass of wine as you could pour that yourself 😆

It’s going to be a long week as I have committed myself to a whole week of training in the Dublin office so a week of long commuting 😨 However I have negotiated working hours of 10 to 4pm so not too bad and should be home at a reasonable hour as I will do Park and Ride…I have more control of my journey doing that.

Desperately needing an FD today.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.