July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 617 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 619 total)

• Day 13- USA (NE TN)- NFD

Yesterday did end up being a CD. Couldn’t be helped.
    Just following my appetite today. I had to get up super early to take my anxious daughter to the ACT. Took 45 min to get there. People and their cell phones. PSA: If you’re driving and messing with your phone, I hate to break it to you, but you really are NOT driving well! You look like you are drunk driving. Stop it! So that was an aggravating 1.5hrs I won’t get back. I get to do that again this afternoon. Oh well. What is is.

Thanks for the tips on saving posts!

I’m chilling before I have to hit the interstate again. Taking her to eat and shopping after. She has a b-day gift to get for a friend.

It’s so early, all my online haunts are dead as the inhabitants of a graveyard. I might do some “work.” I’m supposed to teach high-school health at the homeschool co-op this fall so I’ve got to read the text and do lesson plans. This will be my 1st teaching gig. I’m an introvert. I may be entirely white-haired by this time in December, just saying. It’s only 1h class-time per week, so basically I’m just a guide and accountability, but still that’s an hour of teenagers staring at me. -_-

I’ll stop babbling on. Have a fab day, all.

Day 13 USA (Illinois) CD

Off to work a shift at our children’s museum this morning. Sunny and hot, will swim in our little backyard pool this afternoon.

Hang in there, wonderful folk!

Onward and downward.

Day 13 UK NFD

Yes @ songbirdme I think age is one of the reasons for my shrinking ๐Ÿ™

Have friends round to eat then we are off to a open air singalong version of Bohemian Rapsody – will try to show some restraint x

Day 13 India FD 707cals and 2.34km walk
    Day 12 NFD

Day 13 Ohio, US — NFD (62 bites)

Another full day of packing and the house inspection. My agent said that I could stay in the house while the inspection was going on. Well, it took them 3 hours and they went over the house with a fine-toothed comb. By the end of the inspection I was a bundle of nerves. At the end the buyers came over and talked with the inspectors. Although I didn’t get any of the inspection results, from the positive way the buyers talked, it looks like that there is nothing preventing the sale. My guess is that there may be some small things to take care of, but I really don’t know. They are also running a several day radon test so that I now have a six foot tall tripod standing in the middle of my great room. Every time I look at it, I think of the “War of the Worlds.” It’s interesting that with all this there is no urge for stress eating. Hurrah!

Sorry, I’m too wiped out to look at the other posts.
    Have a peaceful Sunday!

Day 14 – Ireland – NFD
    Happy Bastille Day ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท
    Had a chance to read back over some posts..
    @snowflake56 and @annemarilyn I am so sorry to see you leave but keep well you two and hopefully weโ€™ll see you back some day and sending you all the best with all that you do.
    @ciren2 – congratulations on 32 years!!! I hope you are both well now.
    @redrockgirl you are a good person – Iโ€™m sure your friend feels blessed to have you in her life. I hope Mick is being good for you ๐Ÿถ
    @daffodil2010 well done on all the work on the camper I hope you enjoyed your first nightโ€™s sleepover in it ๐Ÿ‘
    @shinything, @emmataylor, @rafiki44, @realwil welcome back! Like some of you Iโ€™m finding checking in daily is not easy at the moment but dipping in (like the soldiers ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŽค๐Ÿ˜€) when I can ๐Ÿ‘.
    Lots of yum food eaten yesterday and most likely again today but Iโ€™m committed to getting back on track tomorrow for the second half of July…
    Iโ€™m awake early before heading off on the ๐Ÿšฒ and will spend time with my parents later so a busy day.
    Have a lovely day all!

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Another successful yet solitary FD yesterday. Okay, I get it, duh? No pocket lists at the weekend. Or I should at least check out the spreadsheet first.

July – second-half starts tomorrow! We can do this ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Day 14, Aus, NFD

The post I thought I lost revived itself. But I did laugh at your advice @rabbette: โ€œ#3 [take axe to computer] is not recommended if you do not have a large disposable income.โ€

Glad youโ€™re back @EmmaTaylor. You explain the satisfaction of a FD so well โ€“ โ€œfeeling that you are in control of yourself, and not controlled by food or how your body isโ€. Because I do coffee-only FDs, I also enjoy that itโ€™s a day off thinking about food.

@matpi โ€“ sounds like the house inspection went well. But way are you having a radon detector in the house??

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Walked the dog, eaten too much already….I go mad on days’ off.
    @penz @emma-taylor…..I WISH I could fast. I don’t even remember the last time….the only saving grace is that my weight is stable, BUT…about 10kg too high.

DH can’t walk with me anymore (again). He has developed a problem with his knee and is seeing the doctor on Tuesday. Sounds like cartilage damage to me as it came on quite rapidly. He didn’t do anything particularly either. Just so soon after he was back dog-walking with me after his spinal surgery too. SO disappointing.

DD has her first birthday in Australia on Tuesday…..when she was in the UK we used to meet up every year to spend the day at the Fairford air tattoo nearby. Happy days.

I’m experimenting with sending her flowers on the day. The company has already fouled up though. They notified me of a successful delivery last Friday! Alarmed, I asked DD to see if she’d received anything at home. No? Nothing. It was supposed to be a surprise…
    Anyway emailing the flower company, they told me a member of staff marked it as delivered “by mistake”…hmmmm….so now DD already knows about her surprise in advance and I just hope they DO deliver it now the order is marked as already “delivered”. Otherwise bad, BAD feedback for them.

@jaifaim: Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We both plod on….!

Hello FUNSHIPFREDDIE,IJoined you in your fast yesterday.You were NOT alone.Don’t post much on here but have been following WOE for 2+ years now.Have lost 60+ lbs now trying to lose the last 10 (hard going).Too much DOG talk for me but I look forward to your posts.you are very positive and make me smile.

Day 14 – Ireland – NFD

So excited, just booked ferry to France and plan to travel to Spain in September – away for 3 weeks with our camper van. Our first European trip with it. Woo Hoo!!

It’s a glorious day here, I have a few things to do on the computer (online shopping Ikea..booo), then I plan to get outside and relax in that sunshine. There might be a nice Tanqueray and Tonic too …….mmmmm

Hoping everybody is keeping fine.

FD tomorrow and its back to basics, looking forward to a normal FD with no eggs ha ha!

Day 14 USA (Illinois) FD

Decided I have been indulging a bit too much on various food and drink items with more calories than I normally eat, hence a FD today. Going to a church organist friend’s afternoon concert, so ought to be a quiet day. I’ll have to put on big blinders to the cookies and treats I know they will serve after the concert.

@daffodil2010 – your trip with your camper in September sounds so delightful. France and Spain that time of year… wow… Oh, and I am also looking forward to a wonderful gin & tonic myself soon. I bought a lime for it at the grocery.

@ciren2 – so sorry your DH has developed walking difficulties. Hope he gets relief and can be back with you walking! We recently sent a fruit bouquet for DD’s birthday that they had to verify delivery. I decided to warn her that something FRESH was due to arrive at her home, and I know she thought it was flowers. Fruit arrangements are so fun.

Onward and downward.

@songbirdme: Fruit deliveries? That’s a new one to me. Maybe I’ll look into it next time, eh? Thanks for the tip.

Day 14 – UK – CD
    Day 11 – 13 – NFD

Day 10 ended up as a CD but unfortunately since then they have been Feast days or NFD just over TDEE. I managed to reigned things in today with a CD and doing my usual FD tomorrow.

Busy week and a wonderfully entertaining weekend of sport – between the tennis and cricket this afternoon I was a bag of nerves which is partly why today ended up as a CD!!!

@jisika so sorry for your loss
    @flourbaby: Have a great holiday
    @ciren2 – Happy belated 32nd wedding anniversary – hope you had a fab time celebrating ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ Sorry to hear that your OH is having problems with his knees – hope nothing too major…
    @funshipfreddie – well done on reaching your ATL and getting to maintenance – I have highlighted you in green on the spreadsheet….
    @metatauta – I remember the discussions as I was one who suffered with holes at waist height in my tops – I decided it was rubbing against the edge of the kitchen tops and problem resolves as I now always wear an apron……
    @yo-yo-fletch – well done on your B2B2B2B fasts
    @stardustdream – have you tried some meditation before bed to help with your sleep issues – Headspace is a free app you can download on your phone that I have found useful
    @emma-taylor – nice to see you back after your Spanish holiday – hopefully your day 12 FD went well
    @therealwil78 – great to have you back with us
    @marsbar2 – are you joining us for the challenge? Welcome – feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet if you want to use it – if you need any help let us know

I can’t believe that nearly half the month has gone already……..plenty of time left to make a difference if we need it

Are the EGG FASTERS keeping the weight lost off????

Time to go have a shower and get ready for bed – early start as usual on a Monday with my 7am Broga class with OH

Where is @dingping and @dykask @lilymartin this month – we are missing you……
    @bert1802 – are you loitering in the background??? no word from you since January……hope all is well??

Remember โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 14
    NFD
    Florida

Finally, have some good news. My cysts are benign. Now have one more test to go through in a couple of weeks. What a roller coaster this has been. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks @songbirdme, @at, and @matpi for your supported comments. I’m feeling more positive. I bought myself a bike. It’s one you can fold up and doesn’t weigh very much. I can just step through and start off. I’ve been wanting one since we moved to Florida as it is flat in most places. However, fear has held me back. Fear of falling and breaking bones. After these medical crises, I decided to heck with that and go for it. It took a bit to get used to as it isn’t like regular bikes. I took it out today for a ride and can see my confidence is building up. It was fun although a bit too hot. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Day 15 – Urunga Beach, Australia – FD

I haven’t checked in for a few days. Ate/drank way too much on the weekend so weight hasn’t shifted since last week.

Hoping this week I can moderate my intake on non-fast days.

On holiday for the next 2 weeks, started my FD with a lovely walk down the beach and now back at the house waiting for my coffee to brew.

Have a great Monday everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 15 country west Australia FD
    Oops! I went to sleep in June and woke up and it was the middle of July!!! Where does the time go?
    Days 1 – 14 have been NFD’s but more controlled and sensible eating.
    Looking forward to a good FD today.
    Not feeling at all hungry but having difficulty getting 8 glasses of water down.
    It has never been a problem previously but the weather is SO cold at present, cold water not so appealing!

@ciren2 – They are called “Edible Arrangements” — maybe you can open this link?

https://www.ediblearrangements.com/fruit-gifts/delicious-celebration-1068?size=Regular&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLa50P214wIVicDACh2cqgLzEAQYASABEgI4gPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@kaywesterman — great news! So happy for your!

@lilymartin — welcome back. ๐Ÿ™‚

FD went well today, but I am not looking foward to a restless night. Oh well. Fasting works, so I suffer one night a week?

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

A six day working week begins shortly. I was asked to work my day off, which this week happens to be a Tuesday (the lightest day on the mail…..normally) so should be a good deal money-wise. Six hours.
    So, just a quick check-in for now.
    @kaywesterman: So glad you have good news on the health front, what a relief for you. Enjoy your cycling. We used to do it all the time with the post, but we use vans and trolleys now. Not sure I could do it anymore…..
    @songbirdme: Many thanks for the link; I’ll have a look at it later.

Day 15 Devon UK FD
    I really wish that Iโ€™d joined at the start of July. Anyway better to start now than never. Today weighed in at 82.4kg. Having a fast day to give me a boost in my first day. Good luck everyone.

Day 15 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Quick check in, last few days have been a bit carb heavier than planned, but back at the gym at least.

Pocket List Day1 15:
    @silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta

Hi Gretta, well done for being back at the gym. I think my exercise this week is going to be mostly decorating/painting. Plus lots of stair climbing to get there. Have a great day.

Day 15 – Ireland – FD
    Here we go for a good one ๐Ÿ’ช
    Pocket list:
    @silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

It’s the second part of July already. How the….?

Trying to make it a good one, but despite it all, I still seem to loitering on Mount Plateau. Egg Fast dispatched 5lbs but made me constipated which I am still trying to work through. Post weekend weight the 5lbs back again……I know that will be mostly gone by tomorrow as its water weight but here the cycle just goes on and on and on.

Never fear, still slim, healthy, toning up as I do the Shred about 4 times a week, weight is just a number.

So @at, my report card after my Egg Fasting could say…could try harder to transition ๐Ÿ˜†

@funshipfreddie, @rabbette and @penz…what has it been like for you guys, did you manage to keep it off?

@kaywesterman oh that is good news, so happy for you, and well done on getting the bicycle. Feel the fear and do it anyway โ˜บ๏ธ

Welcome @xatie anytime is a good time to start this Way of Life, and you will not be alone on your FD today. There are usually lots of us resetting on a Monday so great to have you join us.

@songbirdme that fruit basket is such a good idea. Hope you enjoyed your G&T, I ended up having white wine instead. It was a glorious evening and needed something chilled ๐Ÿ˜„

@ciren2 sorry to hear about your hubby’s walking issues. You do work so hard, 6 day working week to face…..hope the weather stays nice at least.

@matpi Ha ha, War of the Worlds in your great room ๐Ÿ˜†

@silverpaperclips much kudos for fasting on your holiday. Enjoy.

So everyone we have another 16 days to go. Let’s stay focused on the job at hand. Me, well I am going back to basics, 500 cal FD X 2, then reigning it in for the NFD……I would like to meet my July goal, but if it’s not meant to be, then onwards to August.

As @at quotes….”If I quit now I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@at – thanks for the highlight! I hope I live up to my new green colour ๐Ÿธ

@marsbar2 – good to know I wasn’t alone during my Saturday FD! 60+ lbs loss, wow?! You’ll nail those last 10, I’m sure! One day at a time..

@daffodil 2010 – I was still pretty much at 69.5kg yesterday, after doing a regular FD Saturday, ie same as after the egg fast. I’ll check again tomorrow.

I really need to ramp up the exercise for the rest of July. I haven’t exactly been a couch potato, but I’ve spent the last two weeks painting bedrooms, & the exercise came to a screeching halt.Time to get back on track ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Good luck to today’s fasters ๐Ÿ’ช

“You are the master of your destiny” – Napoleon Hill

Pocket List:Day 15
    @silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 – Reading, UK – CD

Morning you inspirational lot. We rise by lifting others – what a wonderful, wonderful quote. I’ve read it many times on this forum, but lingered on it this morning. Lifting others will be my mission today. That, and controlling what goes into my greedy mouth. Monday isn’t a good FD for me, so will go for a good controlled day, and then leap back in tomorrow. Good luck, fasters, and stay strong. Onwards and downwards.

Day 15. London UK FD

Adding myself to todayโ€™s pocket list. Iโ€™m off to the British Museum with a friend to draw today. Iโ€™ll have to fib about not eating cos I donโ€™t want to explain fasting. But it will be good fun. Sheโ€™s really nice, and makes me laugh.

@silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor.

Have a lovely day, all.

Day 15 UK NFD

Overdid it at the weekend and my hay fever is off the scale today for some reason so donโ€™t feel I can do my usual Monday fast Aiming for a controlled day and will try tomorrow

Day 13, UK, NFD, 64.6kg
    Day 14, NFD
    Day 15, FD

Just a quickie as busy at work all day today, will catch up on the posts later.
    Had a great weekend, met up with some girlfriends and spent time with OH, had some nice food too and didn’t feel guilty about any of it. Must do it again ๐Ÿ™‚

Scales pointing in the right direction.
    FD today: large black coffee for breakfast, got some lovely cherries for lunch and a SW soup for dinner, which I will eat after my 5km walk. Next weigh in is tomorrow, hoping for a small loss again.

Good luck for all the other fasters today!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed to sleep fairly well last night. Off to Silver Sneakers and some P.E.O. gatherings today that will include coffee and/or food. Choral Society rehearsal tonight. Getting ready for our big summer bandshell concert on August 4. Fun activities!

Onward and downward.

Day 15 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Halfway through the month already!!!!

Managing my FDs well but need a bit more self control on NFDs (weekends basically!) Going to struggle to meet my July target at this rate but at least it’s heading in the right direction – however slow……

@silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor.
    @yo-yo

Happy fasting people!

Came back from my delivery to find a note from my boss on my desk; no need to work my day off tomorrow after all. We’ve managed to borrow someone from another office for the day. Yayyyy. Unexpected days off are always the best!
    Also tomorrow would have been a busy day for me as I have physio AND acupuncture during the afternoon. Phew!
    @xatie: Good to have you. As @daffodil2010 says….anytime is a good time to start here.
    I just wish I could……start.

Day 15- USA (NE TN)- FD
    My give-a-darn was busted yesterday. Just tired and dealing with sick kids. And hoping I don’t come down with it.
    Poor daughter(16) was wiped out by the ACT but she feels she did well. I was wiped out driving for over 3hrs Saturday.

FD today and doing fine so far. Also a cardio day so I need to pick a good HIITish workout. Took the teen boy to bio lab camp this morning. He is a bear to get ready.

Of course now that I said everything was fine with my FD, my stomach is growling so loud now. Shush!

@at – Do you find mediation apps help with staying asleep if used before bed? I’m always gone as soon as my head hits the pillow. Falling asleep is easy. It’s the constant waking and then trying to fall back asleep that is the issue with me. Bleh.

I’m trying to not be crabby. But it is a Monday and the kids are being really chatty but not getting a lot of work done. About to hit more caffeine to bungle through.

@silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor.
    @yo-yo
    @stardustdream

Good luck fellow FDers.

Day 15- USA (NE TN)- FD

Looks as if my browser hates this site.
    I posted, but had to edit. Then it ate the post. But I wisely copied. Then when I tried to repost, it says I’ve already said that, it’s a duplicate, and won’t post it. Even though it really doesn’t exist.

Oh well.
    So in short:
    It’s a FD, I can’t stay asleep, I’m tired and cranky, my scale is a jerk, and the kids are being kids.
    That’s really my default summary for FDs anyway. Basically my everyday really. LOL!

@silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor.
    @yo-yo
    @stardustdream

@stardustdream: Try not to edit!

@ciren2 I thought it was perfect until I noticed a hyphen placed too closely had botched a tag. Next time I’ll just leave it! “She meant well,” shall be etched upon my tombstone.

Day 15, VA, USA, FD

This weekend had a FD on Saturaday yet scales were up a touch this morning. I’m thinking it may be because of TOM so I worry not. just doing to do my FD today and then check tomorrow to see if things are on track.

@silverpaperclips
    @lilymartin
    @xatie
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor.
    @yo-yo
    @stardustdream
    @rabbette

@stardustdream — LOVE your epitaph! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 15 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 14 — NFD (62 bites)

Well, the MFD has gone well, although I’ve been quite fatigued today. It may be that after having packed 47 boxes (most of them small), I’ve just hit burn-out. A day off would be really nice.

@penz Part of the home inspections around here involve radon tests. The tripod with its one red eye is still standing next to my couch. I’ve read about the 48 hour tests, but I’ve not seen anything about one lasting more and today has been the third day. I sure hope they pick it up tomorrow.

@kaywesterman Good news that those cysts are benign. The uncertainty can really build up the stress levels. A few years ago I had some cysts and had to go through a similar kind of uncertainty. It was an incredible release to get the news that they were benign. So now your biking has wings!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Day 16 โ€“ Melbourne Aus โ€“ NFD

Have been feeling a bit agitated all day. Might have to try to be disciplined about doing some breathing exercises to keep the agitation (boardering on anxiety) under control.

Have eaten all my snacks so need to keep away from the vending machine. Have some emergency protein powder I might crack open later to get me through the working day.

Aaand after writing that all down, I realised I hadnโ€™t had much water in the last couple of hours. That thirst quench has helped the hunger (who would have thoughtโ€ฆ.!)

@xatie welcome to the group! Itโ€™s a very supporting bunch of people, no better time to join, and at least youโ€™ll be in the rhythm of it for August! Renovation works can be great exercise, plus the sense of accomplishment is always nice.

@daffodil2010 sounds like your egg fast was a success, despite the undesirable side effects! I think Iโ€™d struggle on the transition myself. Going to stick to traditional 5:2 I think!

@ciren2 hope your daughter liked her flowers (despite the mix up with delivery dates, how annoying!!) Nice to hear you get your day off.

@stardustdream I struggle with waking during the night. I find keeping my anxiety in check, using magnesium oil/Niacin B3, and (sadly) limiting how much caffeine I have dring the day helps โ€“ the caffeine one I think is a big one, so try and stick to no more than 400mg / day, and mostly in the morning.

@matpi moving is exhausting, make sure you take time out when you can to recoup!

Day 16 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Another ATL this morning, but only by a whisker. 69.4kgs. So I’ve kept off what I lost during the egg fast; but I’ve also done two regular FDs since then. So I guess an egg fast really can work to get over a plateau, but you have to keep up the momentum once it’s over. No fasting vacation. It’s a Challenge! Never surrender ๐Ÿ†

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Morning all. Bog standard FD yesterday, down a few pounds, onwards we go. Having an NFD today but zero until lunchtime. Intermittent Fasting works well on a working week, just can’t do it at the weekend.

@stardustdream this is so strange ….yesterday evening I Popped in to check in here and could see your post stating you had lost a longer one. I could NOT see the original post then, but now I can, right before your short post. Argh, this site sure can be frustrating and I feel for you with all that’s going on!

@ciren2 enjoy your day off. Unexpected ones are indeed the best.

@gretta thinking of you and hope you get through the anxiety. I suffered for so many many years, really badly, but I hopefully have worked through it by now. I took up Reiki to help me and I am definitely calmer.

So, I am now in pre-holiday organisation mode. It’s not for two months but there is a particular beach side plot we want to stay in, right on the Mediterranean…ie, step outside your camper and you are on the beach….so I am emailing back and forth getting dates of availability. That and other things to sort …I love organising things…..so DH can build the camper while I plan the voyages. Woo hoo!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Today is a great day to have a great day.

Day 16 – Reading, UK – FD

Warm and sunny here in Berkshire today. Trying for a FD today – which will probably be a bit of a shock to the system. Onwards and downwards fasters!

Day 16: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@ktcaroline: Yes, isn’t the weather beautiful this morning. Especially for my day off work!
    @gretta: I DO hope DD’s flowers arrive on her birthday tomorrow…..considering they made a mistake and put “delivered” (when they weren’t) on Friday last week. It still says that on my order-history worryingly. Whatever happens, I’ll avoid that particular florist in future.
    Have you ever tried meditation? It might help with your anxiety, if you can, maybe, find a teacher.
    @stardustdream: Good luck to your daughter with her exams….but what exactly does ACT stand for? Maybe, if she’s 16 it’s the same as our GCSEs! One for each subject? Or an all-in-one thing?

Day 16 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Morning all! B2B for me today, feeling chipper! beautiful day here today – shame I’m at work but still great to have the sun shining through.

Love reading all your posts! You guys are helping to keep me on track and power through. Am SO determined to stick to my committed FDs in July and so far so good, just need to monitor my NFDs!

Anybody else struggle in the summer? These balmy evening are perfect for sitting outside the local with a lovely pint of cider…..sigh….
    It really is too early in the day to be dreaming of cider.

Happy FD fasters! *resist the cider*

Pocket List:Day 16
    @yo-yo

Day 16 UK NFD

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Maintenance going well – ever so glad to say that.

@gretta – Caffeine can be great or awful, can’t it? My body will not sleep if I have any (even from chocolate, ugh) after about noon.

@yo-yofletch – summer days evoke lots of unhealthy food desires for me. Then again, almost any weather can do that easily enough! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great FD and stay strong.

@ciren2 – the ACT is “American College Testing” which is purported to indicate readiness and ability to succeed in college. Perhaps you have heard of the SAT? Scholastic Aptitude Test. They have similar questions and are used by college admissions offices to evaluate potential students. Different colleges and universities require them for admission.

Onward and downward.

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

@Yoyofletch i am super summer struggler too!! Always have been… I find it so difficult to pass those things that in the winter i can be super disciplined about…. but struggling on and trying to do the right thing.. its terrible yo know this yet find it so hard to change the habits ๐Ÿ™„
    @daffodil2010 it all sounds wonderfully exciting with you and the van … happy times ahead.
    @gretta – breathe deep … this too shall pass… itโ€™s so hard to deal with the anxious times but just remember that it does not last…
    Rushing here as per usual at the moment but wishing you all a good day ๐Ÿ‘
    Well done to those of you who are managing your FDs Iโ€™d be pushing it to say yesterday was a good one so will need to reset again from tomorrow…

Hi All,
    It’s late in the month but can I please join your Monthly Challenge? I hope I have the correct forum. I am looking to do the ‘Water Fasting’ diet – think I’m just going to do 24 hours water fasting then 800 calories a day… Just thinking it through at the moment but it will be down the ‘Water Fasting’ route. I am unsure of some of the abbreviations so any help would be gratefully received. If I’m on the correct form can I join the spreadsheet for this month, please?

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 619 total)

You must be logged in to reply.