July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,996 total)

• Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

Day 14 | Cork, Ireland | CD

@at Appreciate the encouragement.

@debster251 Thanks for the warm welcome and hope you’re enjoying ‘the garden of Ireland’. I was in Portstewart last weekend for the Irish Open and met some lovely people. I could listen to the Northern Irish accent all day long.

Have been holding off posting today to see if I could make it a controlled day which for me is around 800-1000 calories. The weekend and two NFDs are imminent so happy that today is finishing up as a CD (837 calories according to MyFitnessPal).

Joyeux jour de bastille! To all our French 5:2 members and Francophiles!

@annemarilyn – interesting what your techie said about Firefox. Hmm, wonder why that is? I know I have never been a big fan of I.E. or in this case the new Edge that is with Windows 10. Generally I have kept Firefox homepage as my AOL (I’m old with one of the earliest AOL accounts!) and Chrome homepage Facebook as I use that as my main social media. AOL has my main email account.

@bigviking – I know what you mean about non-forgiving skin. I’ve seen it too across my belly mostly. But after 8 months at near maintenance, it does seem a bit better than it did at first.

@bert1802.
    Got two 20 foot rowes of beetroot up the allotment we use the newest leaves in our salads the small beets are the sweetest I like mine pickled the wife likes hers boiled. If you oven bake them in foil all the flavour stays in the beet. Good luck with the purple fingers πŸ˜‰

Day 14 UK. FD

Just realised not checked in for day 14 but just a little past midnight! Successful 3rd fast day. Looking forward to the weekend but only if the scales are kind in the morning!

Day 15/NFD/Melbourne Australia

@molij Started 5:2 in September 2014, reached goal in April 2015. I’ve been maintaining below goal ever since. I lost weight doing the basic 5:2. Now depending on weight I fast one or two days per week and try to not overeat on NFDs. I do allow myself breaks from time to time.

@anna 6 I hope your grandaughter has recovered?

@metuata how awful and traumatic

@okeydokey missing you and your family

Have a great weekend everyone

Day 15 – Mornington Peninsula Australia – FD

Had three NFDs since the B2B on Mon/Tue and have not put back any of the 2.2kgs exterminated in the beginning of the week. Loving the way I feel on this WOL.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone

Onward and downward!

Day 15, India, NFD

Day 15 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 82.4kg

Scale is higher but I had to take my belt in a notch. My two handfuls of fat on my belly is more like 1.5 handfuls and I’m seeing a lot more loose skin. It is kind of like skin with a cm of fat under it, but it lack structure and tends to slightly droop over my belt. Earlier this year I was down to about the same level maybe slightly less.

Reasons why the weight is up:
    * Probably put on visceral fat while I was working around the clock. The fat I can easily measure is the subcutaneous fat. (IE the stuff right under your skin and on top of the muscle.)
    * Been working on building upper body muscles. As my elbows have improved I’ve been pushing harder. My arms and chest aren’t huge but they are solid and hard.
    * More water, I’m being careful as I tend to have a weakness for heat and have been heat exhausted multiple times. Bad weakness for someone with a ranching background.
    * A lot less bowel movements, I’m just kind of that way. When I was a teenager often only had one or two bowel movements a week. Been having more than that but not much waste. Not sure what is up with that.
    * Weight is a lot of random noise … after a medium level workout this morning I was down to 80.9kg.

A very long winded way to say what matters more is the fact I’m still wearing the 33″ vs the 38″ pants that were getting too tight before. I have new 32″ pants while I can possible wear them, it isn’t that comfortable yet. That pretty much the size I was wearing almost 40 years ago. While it is possible that clothing manufactures make clothes larger for the size than they used too … it is also possible I close to the size I used to be. πŸ™‚

@steve toon taxi driver – I think purple fingers means you have royal blood.

Still Day 14 here even others of you have begun Day 15.

@dykask – thinking of your having less waste. I read in a keto post that if one eats in that vein there is less waste. It may depend on what you’re eating.

Day 15 NFD

Scales show 62.9 Kg or 138 pounds so 1.1 Kg dispatched this month so far. 2 weeks to go to reach my target of 2 Kg for the month but any loss is good and I haven’t seen this weight in years!
    I know the 3 fast days B2B have contributed and I may well show a gain over the weekend but will try to be mindful.
    Good luck everyone and have a great weekend.

@annemarilyn … I have noticed that when I don’t have much waste is when I tend to end up losing the most fat. It is very counter intuitive.

Anyway other people don’t seem my weight they see my fat. So I’m happy if the fat keeps going no matter what the weight is.

Day 15 UK NFD

Day 15 Newcastle UK NFD.
    Over did it yesterday with the food so a very contoled day today. Hopefully I’ll have some kind of weight loss by Sunday I’ll take half a pound at this moment lol and with the granddaughter’s 13th birthday out for big family meal and I’ve seen her birthday cake it’s enormous and so will my slice be πŸŽ‚πŸ°.
    Is anybody at goal and was the last four or five pound the most difficult to move?

Day 13 UK NFD 🌈
    Day 14 UK NFD 🌈
    Day 15 UK NFD 🌈

Been AWOL for a couple of days, busy bee 🐝. Work and social. All good 😊. Wishing u all success, haven’t got a clue what going on in this group ATM, catching up on posts. Keep on keeping on, πŸ’¦πŸ‰πŸ‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ€˜πŸ»look forward to reading your updates! πŸ‘­πŸ‘«πŸ‘¬I know I will get some inspiration.

Day 15, Northumberland UK, NFD

Well and truly off the waggon this week, and the scales now showing it. Not surprising as didn;t manage a fast day, and a couple have turned into feast days. On top of the sleep deprivation I now have a nasty sore throat, which usually would mean more feasting, but as that mostly makes me feel worse since starting this WoL I will regain some control and get back to where I want to be. At least I got to the gym yesterday so the week hasn’t been a complete write off, and the BBQ yesterday was very enjoyable even if some unscheduled rain did turn up and dampen things a bit.

Day 15, UK, CD

I can’t believe we are nearly at the half way mark! Good luck with the fasting.

Day 15 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Maintaining nicely 54.3kg/119.7lbs this morning πŸ’ƒ

Busy day ahead and out this evening helping friends celebrate – will try to stay within TDEE…..

1/2 way into this challenge – Hope everyone is doing OK – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Day15 Chester UK NFD

Had a good week and managed to shift 3lbs πŸ˜„, Meaning 4 in total for July so far – finally after 3 weeks of nothing. Loving cruella this morning and told her so. My OH often hears me berating her in the morning so telling her I love you made him feel a little jealous 😊. Also pleased,old fat fairy has waved her wand again. Now the trick is not to put those 4 back on over the next fortnight. I have a week of child sitting and entertaining them, trips to the zoo and cinema already planned- not the places with the healthiest eating options. Then followed by a weeks cruise. Beats working hands down!

Onwards fellow tasters, we’re all on the right path.

Day 15, UK, FD

Scales show that I’m down a mere 0.7 kg for the month. Hopefully it’ll start shifting again in the 2nd half of the month!

Day 15, Wales UK, NFD

So grateful for your posts as they’re keeping me motivated. I’ve recalculated my TDEE for my target weight at lowest activity level and will now aim to keep within that on NFDs. Even if the scales aren’t playing the game my clothes feel more comfortable so I’m sure something positive is happening. Does anyone else find themselves singing the lion sleeps when they are hungry? It reminds me of all of you on hungry FDs.

Enjoy the weekend x

day 13 NFD Huntingdon UK
    day 14 FD
    day 15 NFD

Hi all,
    I think I have missed a few days logging in here but have been continuing to fast as per programme and still doing 20,000 steps a day … weight still coming off slowly but surely. Trying to keep good routines in place ….. much pleased with improved body shape which acts as motivation to continue.

Day 15 – UK – 18:6 CD

Overdid Friday wine last night and the munchies set it just after midnight. I say every Friday I won’t let it happen and every Friday it does – and continues over the weekend.

Plan today is to break the cycle and have 18:6 CD.

Day 15 – France – NFD

Thank you for your Bastille wishes (@Songbirdme I love the anthem too!) and @califdreamer for your support, much appreciated.

Back from Saturday market, met a lovely lady selling mussels and crabs from her brother’s farm … so guess what we’re eating today! Along with some nice red Bordeaux, @penz I love the expression ‘booze-hound’, that’s definitely me this weekend.

@Fellowgardeners, I joined an heirloom tomato club this year, and have 11 different varieties growing. They’re enormous, have never seen such beasties. I always keep and share seeds and would be happy to send them on, once the season has finished, but don’t know if we can send private messages here (for email addresses) here

What is this ketonic state that some of our friends talk about. Does it involve long fasting?

Happy Saturday to all x

Day 15…..Florida…… NFD

I am tickled pink this morning. I think I have finally broke my plateau, 4 months on the mountain and I weigh in I’m down 2 lbs!!! I finally broke into the 130’s. Gosh, I never thought that was going to happpen! Yeah me!

Steve toon….. purple fingers are nothing. I smelled like vinegar for days after I pickled my harvest of eggplant. Have you ever tried making them like chips/French fries? Or in a hash? I’m on the search for them today but was ready some interesting receipes that involved them.

Dykask…… the oddest thing but greatest thing about this WOL, that I noticed which has been heaven sent it the loss of inches. Seems to me that I lost a far greater number of inches then what my scales says I’ve lost in weight. I mean I’ve been on a plateau for 4 months but my clothes keep growing bigger. Everything in my darn closet is now become my biggest issue nothing fits properly anymore. I’d go buy new but I’m afraid, I’d just be wasting money.

Missybear……. I’m singing too!

Laurie Alice…….I don’t know about private messages but I would love some seeds. Our garden is not only our hobby but help sustain us plus I know when I’m picking them out of my garden, no one is eating harsh chemicals, growth hormones, or wax they put on the veg to make it pretty. My email is bert1802@icloud.com, just put tomatoes in the subject line.

Okay well, I’m off… going to finish my housework, then off to visit friends!

I wonder if just before the Kung-fu fighters show their lighting fast kicks, they ever get the urge to sing a whim away, a whim away!

@bert1802 fab news! Plateaus aren’t what they’re cracked up to be.

Day 15 – USA (Illinois)- NFD

Hoping to stay controlled today as I am going to a women’s church conference where they feed us like queens. There was already a supper last night, and the food was out of this world. Of course, I indulged a bit but tried not to overeat! Scale this morning was okay – still at maintenance.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 UK NFD

@lmrenfrey I ‘m with you in having had a very indulgent this week- 2 sets of birthday celebrations ,nights out etc etc ….but I’m thinking we’ve still got a chance of turning it round this month, I’m aiming to be controlled over the weekend then I’m getting back onboard Monday with a fast and aiming to be super good as I definitely want to see some kind of a reduction – be it inches or pounds – at the end of the month

Day 15 Australia NFD I have regained the kilo I lost last week. Frustrating!

Day 15 – USA – NFD

Good fast day yesterday, under 500 cals. despite the chicken drama; thank you all for your kind and helpful comments. We did first aid and sequestered the injured hens in another coop. We then promptly got a honking big live trap for our predator and set it last night in the run, locking the girls in the coop (from now) on at night; we must have spooked it because it did not come back, but we also have some snares we will use on the top of the run where there are openings big enough for him/her to get in. As far as relocating the predator, we live in a very rural community; everyone has chickens, so I would not make it someone else’s problem by relocating it.

@bert1802, @saffy420, @dykask and @bigviking, congrats on your losses, whether large or small.

I weighed in at 175.2 today; any dispatch is a good dispatch! I tried a different brand of shiratake noodle (House Foods) and it was much more palatable than the “miracle noodles” with some pizza sauce for dinner. Came in at 60 calories total!

@laurealice, I’d love to receive some of your seeds (metatauta@hotmail.com – put “tomato seeds” in subject line) and I would be happy to pay you for them.

Sorry for the long post. Can’t believe we are halfway through July!

Day 15 – Woking, UK – NFD
    251.9lbs
    4lbs of flight weight on because of the business trip. Even though I know I haven’t actually put on 4lbs of fat it’s still a frustrating interruption. Yesterday ended up not being a fast day, it’s just too difficult when I had a 4 hour meeting followed by a 2.5 hour train journey and then a 1.5 hour flight. Didn’t help that the flight was delayed by an hour.
    Wednesday to Friday at least ended up being okay despite eating out each day. Managed to stay about 400 cals under TDEE each day so could have been worse.
    Going to have a sensible weekend and get back to fasting on Monday.

Day 15 – FIN – FD

Decided to go on a fast today, as I feel like the four ice creams combined with everything else yesterday were a bit too much (and they weren’t even lactose free, yikes). As per usual, the fast days are just fine, but all these summer temptations (BBQ, ice cream, fresh strawberries and peas) really have me struggling on NFDs.

On another note, I really need to get a kitchen scale. All these estimations result in my energy calculations being estimations of estimations (of estimations). For instance, I just had 220 g of peas (pods included) but have no idea what the weight of the peas I actually ate were…

Day 15 USA NFD

Day 15, Newcastle UK, NFD

@laurealice – I think Bastille Day Celebrations are a righteous excuse for an indulgent weekend. I remember arriving with my family in Calais very late in the evening on Bastille Day back in the late 70s. I’ve never seen such a party with wonderful fireworks. It was so busy, my Dad found it hard to find the campsite but thought we’d found it eventually. We set up two tents next to our campervan and finally got to sleep. The next morning we awoke to find ourselves camped in the garden of an apartment block!!

In the 90s I remember being woken at 3am in the morning by our banty hens squawking with fear and looked out of the window to see the 3 of them perched on top of the bird table with our lovely rooster (named Mick after Jagger because of the way he strutted around the place) facing up to a large fox to protect his ladies. Sadly the fox grabbed him and that was the last we ever saw of him. Gave up on chickens after that – too sad. Hope your ladies are getting over their trauma @metatauta.

Thanks for the feedback @at and suggestions @bigbooty. After hitting my new low yesterday, I’ve seen another very tiny new low this morning. This will certainly motivate me for the rest of the month @califdreamer and if I make my goal I shall indeed indulge in a new outfit.

@lumat – keep going – setbacks are temporary – you’ll get back in the groove sooner or later. You’re welcome @basyjames – it’s working for me so far this weekend πŸ™‚

Congratulations to lots of people reporting great results – @taraga, @dykask, @bert1802, @saffy420 to name a few. Where’s your cruise to and which cruise line @saffy420? Now that we are getting into cruising, I’m interested in hearing recommendations.

I’m rambling on this afternoon. Too wet to do much outside but I can’t wait to plant all my bargains tomorrow. Gardeners all know that garden centres are expensive but there are always bargains in the clearance corner. I had a Β£10 off voucher if I spent Β£30 or more. I got Β£72.50 worth of plants for Β£20 yesterday. A thoroughly satisfying shopping trip.

In fact I’ve been rambling so much that I’ve missed the start of the ladies tennis final!!!! Bye for now – remember – try not to let the weekend mess with your goals.

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

NF yesterday morphed into a CD. But maintaining so far, yeah. 😊😊😊
    Today will be a NFD, celebrating my birthday! πŸŽ‚πŸΎπŸ§ Will enjoy and push the reset button Monday. Tomorrow the parties continue! πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽΆ

Have a great weekend everyone!🌺🌻🌹🌼🌷

2nd post

Ahhh, many happy returns @redrockgirl302 πŸ™‚

Day 15 California USA NFD

64.3, up from 63.9 yesterday. But yesterday was coming off of a B2B fast. And we went out for Sushi last night. With all that soy sauce I would expected much more water retention, so I feel pretty darn good this morning! (Did I mention that I love the 5:2?)

@dykask – I had the same thing with less waste, went back many years. About 4 years ago I started taking 250 mg of magnesium oxide, one in the morning and one at night. Works like a charm.

@safarigirl – 20,000 steps per day is an amazing amount of walking! I wear a Vivofit and know how much activity that involves. Good for you! A healthy amount of exercise!

@strawberriesandcream – Congrats on the new low! We both have our July goals within reach now. Keep doing what you’re doing!

@bert1802 – A big congratulations on breaking into the 130’s! That’s huge! And great to hear you finally fell off that long plateau. You must feel wonderful. I’m so happy for you!

@liathanail – Business trips that involve long meetings, flights and local transportation are the worst! Too much sitting around, waiting and having to improvise on meals. I have one coming up the end of this next week, combined with some personal time in the midwest. I usually try to schedule a FD right after I get back, to sort it all out. But good you were able to keep the eating under control.

@laurealice – Congrats on the great Heirloom tomatoes! I always had worse luck with the yields and disease problems with the a Heirlooms. Maybe it was just the soil. I’ll have to try again next year. What we did get tasted so much better than the hybrids. We watched a little bit of your Bastille Day celebration on the news last night. There was that very strange handshake…embarrassing for some of us.

@Redrockgirl – Happy Birthday! Hope you’re having a wonderful day!

Day 14- Montreal- FD
    Day 15 – NFD

I’m checking out early this month at 74.8 kilos as we are going on vacation tomorrow and I won’t be able to fast while away. I will try to be as mindful as possible but I’m mentally prepared to enjoy myself too! I’ll be back on the straight and narrow on the 9th August.
    Good luck to all!
    Rachel

And thanks for hosting Coda!

Day15 NFD St. Louis USA
    Weight 134.6 down a couple of ounces but please to see I’ve maintained on a non fast day. I always weigh myself the day after I and my fast because my weight is often down a bit so especially pleased if it goes down a little more after a non-fast day. Still plateauing but hanging in there.

Happy Birthday @RedRockGirl!

@missybear. No I have never thought of singing the lion sleeps tonight when I was hungry, but now I expect I shall. πŸ™‚

Happy weekend and all my best to all of you. Especially you hardy souls who fast on the weekends.

Day 15 NFD. North Wales
    Hopefully have eaten more sensibly today, went a bit mad yesterday. Won’t be doing that again during this challenge. I have eaten lots of fruit, salad and chicken today. I am going to drink a glass of wine too as it is the weekend. Hope all of you have had a good day today.

Happy Birthday @redrockgirl302 hope you have had a fab day x

Day 15 – McMinnville Oregon USA NFD
    The internet is sporadic hear at Crater Lake. I wasn’t able to weigh myself on Friday but I will weigh in when we reach Bend tomorrow afternoon. I will have a major FD once there.

I’ve enjoyed my time here with photo workshop. We were up at 4am this morning and shooting as the sun rose over the lake. Worth the effort. Tonight we hope to capture the milky way and a beautiful starry night sky. πŸ˜€ Needless to say I’m feeling sleep deprived but having a grand time.

@annemarilyn – Thank you for your advice, I agree a 16:8 is a good idea.
    @bert1802 – Congrats for getting of that pesky plateau, good job!!
    @redrockgirl302 – Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚

Day 15 | Cork, Ireland | NFD
    1015 calories logged so a ‘good’ NFD!

Day 15 – SW WA USA – NFD

Glorious sunny day! It’s Harvest Festival weekend in this small city. I rode my bike down to the Cruse-In last night. It was fun to watch and experience with friends. Today I chose to walk, rather than the bike (with the traffic it was like putting my life at risk). Enjoyed the parade, watched part of it while enjoying an iced coffee drink, then off to help at our church’s both at the skate park. We were preparing hamburgers & hotdogs for the skateboard competitors.

Scale is finally down from the beginning of the month – to 202.4 lbs. Heading the right direction.

@saffy420 – 4lbs in July and we’re only half-way through the month! Good for you.

Bert1802 – yay! you’re off of the plateau.

@rachel – enjoy your vacation.

Day 15 – Scotland – FD

I managed to fast today after binging for over a week (with the exception of a FD on Mon). Gosh, it was difficult. I wasn’t hungry, but I was about to give up so many times. I don’t know what it’s wrong with me. I managed to get to a “feeling good weight” mid-June (basically reaching my monthly target), but since then I have been up and down, with so many binge days. Full packets of biscuits, brioches, several ice creams and chocolate bar, oatcakes with cheese…you name it. My belly has never been so big, apart from when I was 6+ month pregnant. And this is the story of my life. When I start to feel better, I ruin everything. The first two months have been so easy, rewarding, I was feeling happy rather than “frustrated” like with any other kind of diet. So why now I feel that I just want to stuff my belly with food (and especially bad food)? I need to remind myself how good I feel when I eat well

Day 14, Day 15, USA, Missouri Ozarks NFD (S)

Hello all, things are going well. Still maintaining below 145 (today was 143).

Spent the day out with the hubby yesterday, ate at the Mexican restaurant, didn’t over do – gave him the taco that came with my meal and I ate the chile relleno, guacamole salad and refried beans. It was a late lunch so we didn’t eat any dinner.

Still exercising like a crazy person, figure at 68 I am blessed to be able to so shall continue as long as I can. Have added a few planks a day to my workout, hopefully it will help strengthen my back and core.

Lots of water, which is much needed. It is close to 100 today – my plants will be so happy to get their “drink” tonight. The tall purple phlox (hundreds and hundreds of plants in three big oval beds bordered by black eyed susans) are starting to fade and will be sorely missed by us and the butterflies. But, the hibiscus are about to bloom, always something to look forward to.

In a garden – and in life.

Blessings to you all.

Day 15 Akron OH NFD. After a successful water fast followed by fd, the scales were kind. I’m within one pound of my lowest weight and still under goal. Church picnic today and totally overdid it. Planning a CD tomorrow then a b2b FD. Onward and downward, congratulations to all those with losses big and small!

2nd post

Definitely over my TDEE today but great fun helping friends celebrate their retirement and Ruby Wedding Anniversary with a buffet dinner and a Ceilidh afterwards

@laurealice – hope you and any other French people on the the challenge had a great FΓͺte Nationale for Bastille Day yesterday πŸ‡«πŸ‡·
    @safarigirl– 20,000 steps per day is an amazing amount of walking – roughly 12km per day – Great Job!!
    @bert1802 – πŸ‘for getting off that plateau – never give up!
    @redrockgirl302 – Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸΎπŸŽ Hope you had a fab day celebrating
    @-Rachel- Enjoy your holiday – maybe try for some controlled 16:8 days and hope to see you in the August Challenge

“Optimist: Someone who figured out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward isn’t a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.”

Day 16 – Mornington Peninsula Australia – NFD

Looking forward to a day in the garden followed by Sunday dinner with all of my boys at the table. Somehow it gets harder to get everyone together at the dinner table as the kids grow up (technically no longer kids but you know what I mean).

@redrockgirl032 – Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day

Onward and downward!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.