join me 60 days diet+excercise

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
join me 60 days diet+excercise

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

tomorrow will start my first fasting diet, i will do it for 60 days to achieve my weight goal,I have extra 4O Ib I need to lose, I need motivated people to join me so we all achieve our weight loss goal
    tomorrow I will start, just water+ coffee with creamer since I can not drink my coffee black although I feel guilty whenever I put the creamer in my coffee
    I would love to see your advises,comments and motivation qoutes,I will keep you guys motivated as well
    Good luck:) nothing is impossible if believe you can do it:)

Hi medicalMD,

Im not sure you are being realistic with your goals? I lost 44 pounds but it took 12 months. Around 1 pound per week loss is about average.

Some simple maths will tell you that you may be asking a little too much. On the assumption that your TDEE is about 2000 cal per day and that there are 9.3 cal per gram of fat. Lets assume you have nothing but water on your fast day. 2000 divide 9.3 = 215 grams weight loss. Or about 0.5 pounds per day. If you want to lose 40 pounds in 60 days that’s 0.66 pounds per day that you need to lose. What im saying is that even if you didn’t eat for 60 days you would only lose 30 pounds.

My all means start your 5:2 journey but please set yourself realistic goals. It works, I know because I did it and lost 44 pounds, but it took 12 months.

Please don’t believe all the hype associated with weight loss programs, they are just full of you know what.

Hi MD:

I think you will have trouble doing a 60 day water fast while trying to run a busy medical practice – at least and still do a good job for your patients.

May I suggest you see an expert in eating disorders and/or a psychologist to help you with your eating issues.

Good Luck!

Hi sim,

I don’t think MD was wanting to fast for 60 days?? That was me just pointing out from a simple physics viewpoint (energy in/out) that you would not be able to lose 40 pounds in 60 days, even if you did water fasts for the entire 60 days. The laws of physics, even for emotional beings such as us, still need to be obeyed.

Hi big:

You need to read his first post on another thread.

Simco, as far as I can tell this is the only post by MedicalMD on this forum.

Are you confusing this poster with ’50YearOldMale6Foot300lbs’ who started the Monthly Water Fasting. By MD thread?

I’m not sure there is any evidence to support your theory that it is the same person 🙂

Hi MD:

I have made a mistake and confused you with another poster. I am sincerely sorry for my mistake! I have no excuses and thank Happy for pointing my mistake out to me.

I agree with big that it will be hard to lose 40 pounds in 60 days doing 5:2, but you can probably make a dent in that number if you stick to it. Here are some tips on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Again, I apologize for confusing you with another poster and wish you the best of luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.