January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

This topic contains 708 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Flaquita 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 709 total)

• Hey 😊

Daffodil2010 I can relate to the loo dash of late! Especially after a successful fast or after eating a heavy meal!! I am not drinking enough water but am finding I am slowly building my intake. Would love to know what could be the cause of the loo dash! 2 minute plank Wowsa well done you. That’s awesome x👏🏽

I weighed in today at week 3. Wished I had counted the days!! I have stayed the same. Abit gutted as I have had a good week but still happy I am 8 lbs lighter than when I started.👌🏽

SongBirdMe I will batch cook some soup for work at the weekend and try and squeeze in 3 FDs.🥕🍒

@jaifaim under the desk plank made me chuckle hahaha🤣

I managed 1 min and 5 secs last night. Feeling better for doing it!!💪

I love this forum, it truly helped me not to reach for the comfort foods yesterday. MFP is defo worth tapping into – It helps me with portion control and tracking my cals.

All the best to every one who is fasting today.

Day 16, London, UK, FD,

Another FD for me, 4th of a B2B2B2B which suits me just fine! Obviously the next 4 days away from work will be tricky, but I’m going to try to put at least one 800kcal FD in to break up the NFD madness!! @daffodil2010, the scales are still being unkind, but there’s shrinkage on the waist and tummy, I know this because my leggings are heading South during the ‘jump rope’ section!!! My tummy is a bit dodgy at the moment too, I’m getting that familiar TOM feeling, but who knows what’s happening …………………………. NOT happy!! Way back when, during an earlier challenge, someone mentioned pickle juice for cramps, I’ve tried it and it seems to work, placebo effect or not, I’ll try anything when the cramp sets in!!

So, it’s a quick one from me, I have deadlines to meet and as the weekend starts tomorrow, everything has to be done by 5pm today. I’ve a tuna salad ready for lunch at about 3pm then soup for dinner after the 30DS. This is proving to be a good week so far, no temptations and the last 2 days have been very low carb <20g …………………………. Maybe that’s the key, protein & fat <500kcals = satisfying FD?

@caroline-esty-akporokah, if you’re struggling to keep track, start your post with the day of the month and in your own mind you’ll know whether to add a few days on if you started your new WOL in December, it’ll be tricky when we start February, so maybe just stick to the challenge format?

Pocket list day 16

@i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @flourbaby

Onward & Downwards folks!!!

Day 16, UK- NFD.

FD yesterday went okey – a little over, but okey.

PS- thank you to those who sent welcome messages; I’m a bit pushed for time this time, hence my very brief posts, sorry.

Day 16- Atlanta Ga, FD

Day 16- Atl,Ga- FD

Day 16- Atlanta, Ga- FD

Day 16 Canton OH Fat fast day 2

Fat fast day 1 was awesome!!!!!!!

I nursed a cup of coffee flavored with a TBS of cinnamon powder all day + drank loads of water, and I was not hungry at all and no cravings. I also had a really long stressful day, I felt strangely rejuvenated and slept well. When I finally got home after my long day, my daughter said “that’s weird, I know you had long and stressful day but you don’t look it at all, I expected you to drag yourself in here” and she was right. All I had to eat yesterday were 3 eggs and 3 slices of bacon after a 25 hour fast. Scale this morning showed 2 pounds down. So total of 6 hard won pounds lost since the year began – and 10 to go

@bellyblast I also love the way I feel when I exercise, I agree it definitely makes me feel better. That is some cold weather you’re dealing with which makes it really hard to move-my sympathies 🙁

@daffodil2010 way to go on the 2 minute plank! I plank for 2 minutes a day but not straight through; I plank for a minute rest, then 30 and 30 seconds. I am trying to work my way up to a 5 minute plank – one day

Pocket list day 16
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames fat fast day 2

Day 16 UK NFD

Entering the danger zone – I’m going to try and be extra mindful Thurs – Sun would be nice to keep some of the loss I’ve worked hard for at the beginning of the week

@lilymartin – Hopefully some rain on the way probably not enough Feel for all you Aussies at the moment

Day 15 – UK – FD800 (Day 5)

These B2B FD800 have been relatively easy, although I have felt very hungry at times, drinking lots of water has helped and the hunger feelings have not lasted long – planning on doing another FD800 tomorrow and then CDs on the weekend 🤞

Early morning aerobic class – back home for a shower – back out for a facial (bliss) – lunch with a friend (healthy and small vegetarian buddha bowl)

Now back home catching up with the cricket and being generally lazy – miserable outside, windy and wet, so glad to be indoors

Good to hear that some parts of Australia have got a good amount of rain at last – hopefully it will hit where fires are still burning 🤞 Not much details being given in the UK news atm

Going out to see a live telecast of the Royal Ballet’s production of Sleeping Beauty this evening – which includes the famous Rose Adagio – where one square inch of pointe shoe touches the stage and the million imperceptible calibrations it takes for the ballerina’s body to balance there. When she finally nails it she pauses an extra second, just to revel in the conquering of physics!

Interesting Ballet Fact – Sleeping Beauty was the ballet with which the Company reopened the Royal Opera House in 1946 after World War II, its first production at its new home in Covent Garden. Margot Fonteyn danced the role of the beautiful Princess Aurora in the first performance, with Robert Helpmann as Prince Florimund.

Pocket list day 16
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @basyjames (fat fast day 2)
    @at (Day 5 of FD800)

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 16 Canada FD

It’s warming up! A mild -14 today and yes that Celsius @penz
    Heading out for a cross country ski today and then having a much overdue hair cut. The day is shaping up nicely and I can’t wait for the PFDS tomorrow @funshipfreddie 😊
    Still dry and loving it 🚫
    @flourbaby that is an awesome FD repeat repeat repeat 💪💪
    @at I love that bowls feature on lots of menus now, they are great choices and delicious 🥗

Pocket list day 16
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @at (Day 5 of FD800)
    @bellyblast

Worked my day-off today….so should be a nice wage packet next week to show for it….over six hours overtime! OK…so it rained of course, but the thought that I was doing it on overtime helped me to plough on.
    @daffodil2010: I suffer from the most terrible cramps in the backs of my thighs (mostly) and the agony is indescribable. Worse than childbirth. I absolutely can’t move for the ten minutes or so that it lasts. Usually at night…..if it ever happened while I was driving I’d crash the car!
    Magnesium has helped me a lot. The frequency is less since I’ve been taking the capsules every day. Try it and see if it helps…
    @at: You’re doing five days in a row? I’m in awe….
    DD says it’s rained quite a bit in Melbourne, where she is, but the main fires are about 200 or more miles to the east, and they are getting all the smoke. It must be awful. My asthma wouldn’t stand it. Driving behind a diesel starts me coughing enough.
    @basyjames: Your fat-fast sounds interesting. Is it really that easy? You sound great on it.
    @caroline-esty-akporokah: I think 8 pounds in three weeks is an excellent start…some weeks will be better than others, it will slow, obviously, but EIGHT POUNDS! Fantastic and well done to you.

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

A cold front has come through bringing “normal” sparking cold sun, temp this morning 6′ F. (-14.5 C.) I love cold sunny days, especially the sound of snow sort of squeaking beneath foot falls.

@penz – happy for your rainfall on the tin roof. May more be on its way. Your OMAD sounds like something many of us do.

@daffodil2010 – wow, I don’t know about those sudden trips to the loo and detoxifying, but I sure do identify with the leg/foot cramps. I have started on magnesium citrate (500 mg at bedtime) and although not always gone, they are much better!

@caroline-esty-akporokah – we here acknowledge how helpful and supportive this forum has been. And yes, just coming on and reading posts, can stave off any cravings or temptations to eat!

@flourbaby – did you say FOUR FD’s in a row? Wow. I bow down to your stamina!

@basyjames – just 1/2 a month and already down 6. Very impressive.

@brightonbelle – never thought of Th-Sun as a danger zone, but sure do see it now. You’ve got this. 🙂

@at – love your ballet history facts! I really will try to see if Netflix or YouTube has “Sleeping Beauty” –I love Tchaikovsky ballet music. We have seen “Swan Lake” and “Nutcracker” several times. I did a lesson on “SB” in college for a music education class, but I really must see the dancing.

@bellyblast – also -14 C. here in NW Illinois this morning, but overall our winter has been amazingly mild. It was last year we had that Polar Vortex. Same for you I imagine.

Onward and downward.

Day 16 UK FD

Yesterday became good solid NFD. I was hungry & didn’t drink enough while out & about – drinking lots of water seems to be key to finding FD less difficult, esp after B2B. Mindfully ate my way through an avocado wrap plus omelette & salad when I got home.

Stressful stuff with project work – juggling deadlines, projects and demands, and not got enough capacity. I think it’s partly bc it’s v early in the year to be doing events, plus I lost my rest days this week w dentist, strategy meeting & catching up with practical things.

I’m off for weekend conference tomorrow and nearly finished practical & personal preparation, then curling up with papers and laptop for a couple of hours before bed. Not the best sleep hygiene but I need to get the bitty things done so I can focus. It’s been a day/week of interruptions & i’m finding particularly hard to think.

Pocket list day 16
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @at (Day 5 of FD800)
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme

Day 17, Aus, OMAD

Well, I did limit yesterday to that mid-afternoon ham and cheese sandwich so I’m going to call that a successful B2B. Feeling like I am firmly back on that wagon, the mojo has returned and ready to party!
    @daffodil2010 – you are OWED a woosh by now for all your recent efforts. I hope it comes soon (and not the bathroom dash variety of woosh!)

Way to go @flourbaby – sounds like your mojo is back too.

Congrats on the fat fast @basyjames. My OH wants to kick a few kilos quickly and is doing a diet called Body Trim which is essentially protein and fat heavy. Works for him.

Does anyone know where the search button has been hidden? Once upon a time I was able to search the forums but can’t see where that function has gone.

Love the optimism when you call -14 “warming up” and “mild”, @bellyblast! Same temp I see that @songbirdme is experiencing. Brrrr!!!

And congrats to all you B2B(etc)ers out there. Keep it strong.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay out of that danger zone!

Still Day 16 for me @penz 😂 , and its been a successful FD day 💪
    I know I’m late posting but I just finished work.
    Adding my name to the pocket list:

Pocket list day 16
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @at (Day 5 of FD800)
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme
    @shinything

Day 17 – Japan – WFD #4

Not a great fasting performance so far this year. However I’m already nearly 1/2 done with this water fast. I’m a bit hungry, but just a bit. I’ve cut down on what I’ve been eating during fast days and my supper last night was light, probably 400 calories. However I’m fine.

I’ve been thinking about diet. I eat a lot of fruit, it is my main source of sugar as I avoid foods with added refined sugars. A lot of people have told me that fruit has so much sugar it is bad when one is avoiding sugar. I don’t buy it for several reasons.

1) I’m getting a lot of good nutrition along with the sugars.

2) A larger ice cream cone leaves me feeling a sugar rush, I can eat a huge amount of fruit and not have the same impact. I’m sure it is possible to get a sugar rush from eating fruit but I don’t think I would be enjoying the fruit by the time I felt it.

3) Fruit leaves me feeling good and it is enjoyable to eat. Ice cream is enjoyable to eat too, but it doesn’t leave me feeling good.

4) When I eat sugary foods I feel hungry sooner, the same thing doesn’t happen when I eat fruit.

So I guess I really don’t care about the sugar in fruit as it doesn’t brother me like the sugar added to processed foods.

Day 17: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@dykask: Fruit is fine, when you eat fruit whole, you have the added fibre which slows down the sugar being taken up into the gut. Whole fruit is a natural food eaten by us for millennia, ice cream is not!
    Pity I’m more of a processed sugar addict, eh? You’re diet sounds excellent to me.
    @penz: What a great feeling to be back on the wagon….congratulations!

Got to go to work now….see you all later xx

Day 17 – CD – Ireland
    🚫✅🤸‍♂️
    Good morning!
    Very happy with my weekly weigh in… down a further 2lbs since 1/1/20 and feeling strong although didn’t sleep very well last night…
    Spent a lot of this week decluttering and reorganising finances… oh and looking at holidays for later this year 😊
    @dykask I feel the same as you in relation to fruit. Fruit makes me feel good 🍏 🍊 Although I try not to eat a huge amount of It when staying off added sugar… I eat mostly apples oranges and blueberries if I an mindful
    of sugars although I love all fruit. I do avoid the very sugary foods like mango etc when I’m avoiding sugar…
    Have a good Friday everybody!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @penz OMAD
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in. Not a great day NFD wise yesterday and now it’s the weekend. However, body has settled back down, I only had about 2litres of water, 2 coffees and NO detox or green tea yesterday and felt the better of it with no loo dash!

Foot hasn’t cramped again but it’s still tender. I spray magnesium onto the soles of my feet at night but perhaps need more? Thanks @ciren2 and @songbirdme for the tips.

It’s date night tonight ( at home though) so there will be wine and a homemade chicken biryani so much less in calories than a restaurant version…..I hope.

Have a great weekend. I do feel like I deserve a whoosh or something but it’s not seeming to happen.thanks @penz for thinking of me. Fat fast next week and eagerly following @basyjames progress.

Day 17 – Cumbria UK – MFD

Good morning everyone.

Despite a very good week scales not moved downwards this mornings weigh in reveal, but… was out for a very quick MOAM walk yesterday and found the trousers, fresh out of the wash, usually a good fit, nearly lost them! They had to be held up with one hand in the pocket as I was marching out or they’d have tripped me up as they fell round my ankles 🙂
    Another thing suddenly dawned on me yesterday, with this WOL I have more energy! Occasionally, especially during winter if been tired after a busy/hard day (even retired people have them) I used to nod off in the chair. Can’t remember when that last happened, funny how I only just realised.

So, not worried about one week without any downward movement on the tracker graph, have had odd occasions where it’s been longer. Still enjoying feeling good and only 2 pounds off my lowest, just keeping plodding away.
    Home alone for a couple of nights so overdosing on fish, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, plain piece of fish for supper, water and coffee in between!

Take care all

Day 17, London, UK, NFD

Well the B2B2B2B has gone well this week …………………. and made not the slightest bit of difference on the scales!! Still feeling that this has something to do with the 30DS since a calorie deficit is a calorie deficit after-all. I do think I’m holding onto some water, either to repair my muscles (they need it!) or because I’m not successfully drowning dragons in 3L of water, as planned.

Today WILL be a 3L water & OMAD.

I hope everyone is doing well, how are the Dry-Januarians faring? The weekend approaches and we must be vigilant and swerve the siren call of the bottle …………… well I must anyway!!!

Stay strong everyone!!

Day 17, NZ, CD
    Hi everyone. Sorry for being absent for a bit. After my friends stayed, my sister showed up and is staying at the mo. We’re having a family get-together to sort mum’s ashes, which have been in the spare room for 18 months.
    I’ve not managed to follow the diet properly, but I have been managing to only eat between 12pm and 8pm with no problems.
    Haven’t weighed myself yet, but I sort of feel like I’m in a better space with eating than I was….

Good morning all x

Pocket List – Day 21🍏
    @penz OMAD
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @caroline-esty-akporokah

Well done to everyone who is seeing a loss on the scales!!😊

I had a fight with a bottle of wine last night and a packet of Jaffa cakes. I lost and they won, following some bad news of my friend losing her mother…😰

Another FD day for me to try to minimise the damage. I need to stop making excuses and make changes with myself to help and not hinder my progress👍

Have a good one everyone.

One minute plank complete last night but can’t get past 1 min 5 secs. I hope to by Sunday xx

Day 17 2nd post

I seemed to have stuck a chord with my fruit comments, maybe there is a lot of closet fruit eaters! Mostly I only eat whole fruit, but I do eat some dried fruit because it is cheaper.

Typical fruit I eat per NFD
    – 130g of frozen blueberries. Just happens the ones I buy are packed in 130g bags. I used to spread it out over two days, but now I don’t. I didn’t used to like blueberries, but since I started fasting I like them.
    – ~1/2 handful of raisins — I just like them but I can’t eat too much at a time.
    – 4 or 5 dried prunes and/or 1 or 2 dried figs. (These are sweet, I typically chop them up.) I’m more limited by the cost. I don’t want to spend more than 100yen/day on these and they are expensive.
    – 2 to 4 bananas … sliced mostly. Bananas are still cheap. Today I bought 9 smaller bananas for 190 yen ($1.75 USD)
    – A few other things like apples, mikan, watermelon etc.

So I eat a lot of fruit per NFD! Most of it for breakfast which is typically plain rolled oatmeal and fruit. 1/3 oatmeal, 2/3 fruit. (That is how I eat so many bananas.)

Typically probably around 700 calories of whole & dried fruit a day. Sounds like a lot. If I start packing on the pounds I can always cut back. 😀

Day 17 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD was a doddle bc I was busy & stressed but not even thinking about food. Drank more – so much easier at home – and had OMAD supper of baked sweet potato, vegan fish and cauliflower plus a clementine.

Forgot to weigh myself first thing and now I’m away for 4 days. But my quick naked mid-morning weigh shows my 4:3 week has me down 3lbs to 153/69.3kg – back under the dreaded 11st / 70 kg mark 🙂 I’ve put on 2″ on waist & hips this last few months, and 1″ on bust – no wonder I feel puffy! Looking forward to shrinking down to feeling more comfortable in my skin.

Stayed up late writing and not slept enough but feeling motivated to make good choices this weekend. I’ve just packed lunch of hard boiled eggs, avocado & tomato plus a coule of clementines and an apple for crunch. And there’s a small bag of nuts in my backpack for those snack emergencies – better nuts than sugar 🙂

Pretty nervous about this weekend’s conference and not finished preparing my input bc feeling cluttered. But have decided to travel up early and settle in then finish writing in situ. It’s often easier to focus on what’s important when away from all the distractions and concerns of travel etc. So taking my laptop, pile of half written bits and will focus instead on being ready rather than getting ready: some yoga & meditation and setting off in lots of time, ready for whatever unfolds.

I’ll come back to catch up on posts later. Wishing you all a good day, whatever it brings 🙂

Day 17- Atlanta, GA. – USA CFD

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick post – off to Silver Sneakers, yoga, and teach a couple piano lessons. Snow due later today and tomorrow. Despite our cold, I do love all the seasons we get in this part of Illinois. The super cold is refreshing to me!

@michelinme & @shinything – I feel for you and your stressful situations. Deep breathing always works for me to lower my heartrate and reduce stress. Hope you’re able to keep that eating dragon away!

@penz – yes, we do get all the weather.
    Continued prayers for Australia.

Onward and downward.

Day 17, Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Been a bit quiet this week partly due to decorating and partly due to other busyness.
    Bad week as far a good choices are concerned. Sitting here reflecting that it’s probably emotional eating. Not as bad as it has been in the past but I succumbed to a bag of Maltesers yesterday.
    I’ve got worries over my mum’s memory loss. I thought I was ok with it but I’m obviously more worried than I realised.
    Anyway, I’m going to enjoy the weekend and I’m determined to have a good week next week.
    I can see in my skin I’ve been eating more rubbish so I must do something.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 17, UK, NFD

Day 17 Canton OH Fat fast day 3 Canton

Another successful fat fast yesterday. I broke my fast after 20 hours with 4 eggs, half of an avocado and, several slices of bacon. I could have easily not eaten because I was not hungry, but I felt the need to eat a meal. Had an excellent night’s sleep and woke up before the alarm feeling well rested.

I always feel so good and sleep so well when I stay away from junk, so why do I self-sabotage? Why do I consider the bad stuff that makes me feel like crap as a “treat”?

I do enjoy eating fruit, specifically apples with the skin on and the occasional mango; usually when I am staying away from refined sugars and want something sweet, and it’s always satisfying when I do. You made some valid points @dykask.

Glad you got your fasting mojo back @penz

Good job on the drop @jaifam

@daffodil2010 I definitely see a whoosh in your future, you are doing all the right things. My experience with fat fasting has been so positive, I really think you will enjoy it.

@i hate lettuce awesome news on the falling pants. By the way if you sub the plain fish for salmon on your home alone diet, you have a fat fast meal plan

@flourbaby the scales don’t tell the whole story as you very well know. 30DS probably has something to do with it and I bet you have lost inches

Pocket List Day 17
    @penz OMAD
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @caroline-esty-akporokah
    @basyjames Fat fast day 3

Day 17 – UK – FD800 (Day 6)

Really struggling today this afternoon – trying to stick to water only until my meal tonight but gave in about 1/2hr ago and had 50mls of Kefir yogurt – I’m logging on here for distraction as I have a 5:2 prawn curry, low calorie dhal and cabbage salad planned for dinner- should still come in under 800cals 🤞

Noticed I wrongly marked yesterday’s post as Day 15!!! Will weigh in tomorrow morning at the end of my 6 x FD800s so keeping that as my motivator – still planning on keeping the weekend as CDs.

@ciren2 – picking up extra work on a rainy day too…….
    @songbirdme – the ballet was excellent – due to injury another ballerina Fumi Kaneko had to stop up and dance the Princess Aurora role instead of Lauren Cuthbertson – Fumi was so assured and her Rose Adagio was amazingly controlled – fabulous to see
    @penz – great to hear that you are firmly back on that 5:2 wagon
    @dykask and @ciren2 – totally with you with regards to fresh fruit – whole fruit is good for you unlike fruit juices….
    @jaifaim – 2lbs gone – great job
    @i-hate-lettuce – great job on those loose trousers – just don’t lose them 😉
    @flourbaby – sorry to hear that your B2B2B2B have not yielded any loss – maybe it will show tomorrow, sometimes it seems to show a day later🤞that my 6 x FD800 show a downturn tomorrow morning on the scales
    @binklebonk – family and friends visits are important – we will still be here when you have time to log on – keep going with 5:2
    @caroline-esty-akporokah – I’m picturing you fighting with that bottle of wine and the Jaffa cakes 🤣
    @suki2 – lots to deal with – try to make healthy choices over the weekend and restart a FD next week when you have a clearer mind 🤗

We are now into the second half of this January: new year, new resolutions Challenge – well done to those who have dispatched lbs and for those struggling still time to make a difference – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @penz OMAD
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @caroline-esty-akporokah
    @at FD800 x 6

“The only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works for you.” For us on here that is a variation of 5:2

Day 18 – Japan – NFD

The fast was easy and even seemed fast even though I pushed it to 40 hours. I could easily do a multi-day fast now, but I’m just not in the mode to do it.

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @penz OMAD
    @dykask WFD (DONE!)
    @funshipfreddie
    @caroline-esty-akporokah
    @at FD800 x 6

Wow @at & @flourbaby … doing FD800 x 6 seems very hard core to me. I’m fine with not eating, it is the under eating that gets me. I might be able to hold myself to 800 kcal for one or two days, but 6? I much rather eat nothing.

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Absolutely agree @dykask: I too am an all or nothing person….trouble is, it’s more “all” than “nothing” for me. On a fast, once I start, it triggers a cascade of eating.
    So, to you people who can do days at a time with minimal eating; @basyjames: @at: I salute you!

It seems to have turned icy outside, judging by the car windscreens I see out in the street. All that rain yesterday evening….I must be careful of black ice on the drive to work in a few minutes.

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@caroline-esty-akporokah – day 21?! You gave me a fright there for a minute 😅

Still struggling to shift a last, stubborn kilo, after another 3 FDs this week. So I’m obviously still overeating on NFDs. And ‘dry til Fri’ became ‘dry til Thurs’ when I somehow shifted a bottle of black cherry merlot. 🤦‍♂️ I’m going back to the gym next week when the current heat wave is expected to end. No more excuses!

@dykask – do you speak any Japanese? I hear it’s a really tough language to learn. I’ve been trying to teach myself Spanish forever, and that’s supposed to be fairly easy for an English speaker.

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈

Day 18 – Cumbria UK – MFD

Good morning everyone

Roll on spring, never been a fan of winter, bit of a caged tiger, I just love being out, walking/gardening etc. Need to get going again, once that starts think the downward movement will start up again, need to be patient at the moment.

Take care all.

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Gorgeous frosty chilly morning. Sun is shining so it will be a great day. Going to sow my tomatoes today and that, for me, will mark the start of the gardening year ☺️

Have a great day. I am so hungry this morning so I will have a good weekend style brunch, and gearing myself up for next week’s Fat Fast. Keep the updates coming @basyjames

👍

Day 18 – UK – CD

A good result from the 6 days of FD800 – weight this morning down to 55.1kg/121.5lbs – a loss of 2.4kg/5.3lbs from last Sunday morning weigh in before I started this personal fasting challenge – very happy with that and did a little twirl 💃 when stepping off the scales (double checked it to make sure!)

@dykask and @ciren2 – I found the easiest way to do FD800 was to drink around 3L of water during the day – I measured out 100mls semi skimmed milk (50cals) for 3 cups of tea, I treated myself to a semi skimmed flat white (88cals) late morning and saved the remaining 600cals for my evening meal!!! (amazing amount of vegetables can be had) I avoided carbohydrates and processed food and no alcohol except for Thursday evening when I went to see a live telecast of Sleeping Beauty. My two friends and I shared a bottle of Pinot Noir during the interval (this was taken into account in my 800cals for the day!!) we can take our glasses into the cinema with us so I savoured my 🍷during the rest of the ballet – last sip as the dancers took their final bow!!!
    @dykask – I would find doing a 40hr water fast very difficult unlike you – just goes to show that that this WOL is flexible and we each find what works for us

Quiet on the forum at the moment – hope everyone has a good weekend – enjoying life.

Weather looks good here so will be out on the fells for walk, maybe both today and tomorrow???

Aiming for a CD today of under 1200cals – must stay mindful and not undo all of last week’s loss.

“Nothing is stronger than your own desire to succeed”

Day 13- FD
    Day 14 – FD
    Day 15 – NFD
    Day 16 – FD
    Day 17 – FD
    Day 18 – WFD

Cork, IE
    A quick update as I haven’t posted all week. I have been working away from home for most of the week and got back to my own bed on Friday night. I had an event in a 5 star hotel on Wednesday which was a rare treat, hence my NFD, but I was actually not terribly tempted by the dessert on the day and only ate a small part of it. I think my palate is less tolerant of sweet things but to be honest savoury is my usual downfall.
    I started a WFD last night and intending to extend this to tomorrow morning depending on how I feel. Feeling good so far and I need to keep an eye on my water intake as I tend to drink less water at home than at work.

Not much movement on the scale this week but I can see differences in my shape and my jeans are definitely feeling looser. I have been keeping up with the plank challenge but struggling to get past the 30 second interval! Bit by bit 😀

I hope everyone has had a good week and I’ll post more regular updates now I am back home again.

Nothing changes if nothing changes

Day 18, London, UK, NFD

Yesterdays’ NFD went very well, although it wasn’t OMAD once I visited my mum, we shared a tuna salad for lunch and then I just some cashews in the evening, it was probably an entire meals worth of calories, but I was satisfied.

@at what a result!!! I’m hoping to copy you this week & I’ll expect a whoosh too, because ……………………………. I TOTALLY deserve it!!!! My fast days have been good, exercising consistently, although I don’t think I’ve had the 3L of water I had planned. I know a whoosh comes from a combination of fasting, healthy NFDs and gallons & gallons of water, so time to stick to the plan & keep keeping on!!

I hope our friends down under are ok, the weather is crazy!! From one extreme to another …………………… 3 months rain in one day????

The tricky weekend is upon us, my advice to my fellow Dry-Januarians …………………………………. Slowly & carefully, avoiding all sudden movements …………………………… Step AWAY from the bottle!!!!

“If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk

Day 18 UK NFD

Again hoping to show some restraint as really want to see some reduction in weight by end of month Don’t get disheartened @flourbaby – I’m a very sloooww loser – strangely enough A very fast gainer though – hang on in there

Off for a lovely walk on the South Downs this afternoon – and I’ll enjoy a beer when I get to the pub

Day 22 FD

Yesterday was a disaster. I was so hungry. I gave in late evening and ate far too much. 500 just wasn’t enough.

I am aiming for a liquid fast today to help me out. I am going to plan to eat lots of veg and fruit tomorrow to prevent this from happening again. I felt awful afterwards. I failed the plank challenge last night.

This works but it’s hard to get my head into gear!

Everyone is so helpful here. I need to start taking notes 😂 so many posts to get through.

@flourbaby wonderful words of wisdom!! I shall try the fast 800 next week and follow your advice. Thank you so much for the info.

Day 14 Canton Oh CD

I completed my 3 day fat fast with encouraging results; I’m down 2.6 pounds with 0.5% loss in fat. Im pretty impressed to get those results in 3 days.

The next step is not to use that as an incentive to go crazy this weekend. Every inch towards my goal is a victory that I can’t take for granted.

@daffodil2010 it was pretty easy and kind of a no brainer. I stuck to eggs, avocado and bacon plus lots of water. I also added cinnamon to my daily coffee, which I took black and only needed one cup of. I had no cravings and more importantly I was never hungry for the entire 3 days, so it was easy to wait until I got home from work before eating a meal. DD made one of her irresistible giant cookies on day 2 and offered me a bite but it was remarkably easy to say no and move on. All in all, I’m glad to have this tool in my arsenal to get back on track.
    Off to shovel the driveway, it’s a white out today!
    Happy fasting all and watch out for those pesky weekend minefields

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Snowy weather descended upon us (like Ohio @basyjames) but looks like our Children’s Museum will be open today. I’ll have to leave early to make sure I get there as I will be opening. As it started snowing yesterday, comfort food of meatloaf and potato was in order for my DH who is still recovering from oral surgery.

@dykask – you have a great attitude and resolve about FD’s! Yeah for you.

@ciren2 – do be careful out there with slippery conditions. We will be too.

@i-hate-lettuce – patience may be a good word to remember about our WOL and in weather.

@flaquita – good to see you back! Yeah for you and dessert temptations. I kept 4 brownies back after making a big pan for our local homeless shelter meal the other night. Still have 2 left… a real treat to have. You’re doing better than I am!

@caroline-esty-akporokah – I do take notes on what I want to say to someone on here, but others likely have a better memory than mine. 🙂 I found out long ago that drinking lots of water on FD’s does indeed help with hunger pangs.

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫✅🤸‍♂️
    Hi everyone! With my parents for the weekend so this is where the challenge to stay off added sugars becomes more difficult so will see how that goes but will enjoy the time with them. Biscuits may be had…
    Dry Januarians stay strong 💪 We can do this…… Feeling so good in terms of brain fog, body tone etc
    Suki2 I hope everything is ok with your mum… my mum has Alzheimer’s but just wanted to say that you should try not to worry too much…elderly people suffering from infections or dehydration can suffer from memory loss…
    Have a good day all!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 18 Canada NFD
    Lost a long post yesterday with a misclick. Silly me 😩
    I was here in spirit and did B2B FD’s
    The weather has warmed to -10C, the arctic front brought beautiful days. Blue skies and sparkles in the air. It was pretty.
    @basyjames it sounds like the fat fast is working well for you ⬇️ Do you still stick to 500 cals?
    @flaquita glad you’re back 👍
    @at that’s an awesome loss 👏👏

Ok a busy day, good luck everyone

Day 18, UK, NFD

Day 18 Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Thank you @at for you wise words. I have a few dates in the diary for celebrations with friends in Feb and March and I think they will give me the reason to get back to fasting properly. I wonder if I just needed to shock myself with buying sweets.
    @jaifaim, thank you too. I’m afraid it could be the start of Alzheimer’s, because both myself and my brother have notice different things when we visit. Over Christmas we actually spoke to each other about our worries which I’m really glad about. Some visits are better than others. So will just see how she goes.
    So, taking @at’s advice I’m eating mindfully today. I should come in around my TDEE & I’m planning to do that tomorrow too. This includes a glass of red wine as it is the weekend. Then I will be dry till Fri.
    P.S. Finished decorating one room and now started on second. That will be it for this year. DH and I decided we could tolerate the mess if we went straight onto the second project. Deadline for finishing is Friday when DD & partner come to stay.
    Have a good weekend everybody

second post

@bellyblast usually I stick to 500 calories on FD. But for the fat fast there was no calorie counting, I ate until I felt full then I stopped. I followed the rules that were outlined in the link that @flourbaby shared with us. My goal was to jumpstart my weight loss because it felt like I was putting in a lot of effort with minimal return.

It seems that its all paying off though; I have lost 7 pounds, 1% body fat and 3 inches around my waist since the year began. 9 pounds to go till maintenance – Onward!

2nd Post,

If it had been a normal Saturday night and I had consumed the usual 1/2 (whole) bottle of red wine, I may well have fallen off of my chair upon reading it was ‘Day 22’ @caroline-esty-akporokah only to recover and promptly fall off again as there had been a time shift to ‘Day 14’ @basyjames!!!!! …………………….. Luckily it’s Dry January, perhaps you guys have been on the vino today???

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 709 total)

You must be logged in to reply.