January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

This topic contains 708 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Flaquita 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 709 total)

• @karen250463

my underactive thyroid is due an autoimmune condition, Hashimoto’s. I have struggled to lose weight for years. Over Christmas I was reading up a lot on intermittent fasting including “The Obesity Code”, the original 5:2 book and Michael Mosley’s latest book “The Fast 800”. The Fast 800 is what I am currently following as it recognises that some people need to see quick results in order to stay motivated and this is definitely the case with me. I’ve been following the Very Fast 800 since the challenge started. This means eating 800 calories every day within certain time-windows, i.e. Time Restricted Eating. This recommended to kick start the weight loss and can be continued for a number of weeks depending on the amount of weight you need to lose. I have over 4 stone to lose and I am delighted with the results I have had so far.

This WOE is also based on a mediterranean diet, plenty of vegetables, protein and reduced carb intake. Since I have started I eat between 12 noon and 7pm i.e. my last meal is finished by 7pm. I can honestly say that I have found it very manageable and I am enjoying some really nice meals. I started following some of the recipes in the Fast 800 book but also mix and match with my own choices and track the calories using My Fitness Pal. I get some hunger pangs around 10am but that’s more habit as I used to have a mid-morning snack at that time before. The hunger also passes very quickly.

I know how disheartening can be if you aren’t seeing results but do bear with it. For me the research and reading beforehand really helped as it outlined the flaws and misjudged decisions which determined traditional nutritional guidelines such as the food pyramid and the health benefits of intermittent fasting. This has made it much easier for me to change to this WOE. I will be interested to see how manageable I will find the NFD once I finish the very fast stage but for the first time in a long time I am feeling optimistic about the results. Staying well hydrated is really important as well and I am drinking loads of water!

Do stick with it and keep in mind that all the small changes do add up over time <3

Nothing changes if nothing changes 🙂

Ice storm here, internet outage. I never do well posting on my phone. Hugs to you all!

Day 11 Canada NFD

Not sure what yesterday’s posting issues were about. I copied my post and it didn’t upload, then every time I tried to repost it it got rejected as I had already posted. The mysteries of tech😤

I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I haven’t got into for a year, such a good feeling. More to lose before I join @songbirdme @rafiki44 @funshipfreddie @metatauta @emma-taylor @missybear and @at in maintenance!

@daffodil2010 some days I need more food as well. The MFP 1800 cal for a day plan that @songbirdme shared was a real eye opener, so much food that was high in nutrition to fuel a day. Sure you enjoyed your chicken dish and the 🍷
    @caroline esty-akporokah 8lbs!!! That’s fantastic!!!
    @mapti hope you are feeling 100% soon, smart to look at food as the cause
    @lilymartin I am so sorry you suffer from migraines when fasting, hope you can come up with a plan to make it work
    @ciren2 that is exciting news, hope your daughter is no where near the fires and smoke
    @wellrounded welcome, this is a great group and I am sure you will quickly find that this is such a success
    @shinything progress not perfection, hit that reset button and start a new day 💪
    @basyjames almonds trump muffins and M&M’s any day, sounds like a win for you
    @jaifaim and @flaquita that is a fantastic loss- big congrats to you both👏
    @flourbaby cheers to your mint tea and Vietnamese coffee. I have had a few experiences of people being totally shocked when I have turned down a drink, it is interesting how much social pressure there is attached to alcohol hey! That evening glass of wine or three is a tricky routine to quit, I am finding it easy at the moment and it sure is making a difference to feeling good and dropping the weight ✅
    @flaquita that is great you have found such success, the TRE really helps me particularly on NFD’s. When you transition to 5:2 it sounds like you will just need to add more of the good stuff that you enjoy on your MFD. “Nothing changes if nothing changes” too true 🙂
    @songbirdme hope you can stay warm and the power is back on soon!!!!

Hi Flaquita

Thanks for your response. I’ve got the Obesity Code book on kindle but haven’t got around to reading it yet but I think I’ll have to do it. I know the science behind fasting and it’s beneficial for all kinds of things so will just keep plodding 🙂
    These autoimmune diseases are the pits are they not? Yours is the opposite to mine and I know it’s just as hard for you to lose weight as it is for me. I also track but on my fitbit app and I weigh every day just to keep track. Since I had my Graves relapse I struggle to lose even a lb and just have to look at food and half a stone goes back on lol.

Thank you I’m going to check out the book and see how I go 🙂
    Karen

@flaquita: 11 pounds gone….what a fantastic result for you….well done!
    @karen250463: Is that your birthdate, I wonder? I am reading “The Diabetes Code” also by Jason Fung. He knows his stuff…..I just wish I could follow through with ACTION!

Day 11, Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Day 10, nfd
    My nfd was not great yesterday, DH bright out a box of fudge, say no more. At least it wasn’t a very large box.
    Today, should be better re food choices I hope.
    Started decorating our office space today. The room is empty so we’re ready to paint tomorrow. Trouble is, the rest of the house is a tip now. But it’s keep me away from the kitchen most of the day. We’re eating out tonight with friends but that should be a problem a she is gluten free, dairy free and eats quite plain food.

Hope everyone is sticking to their plan whatever it might be.

Day 11, Oregon NFD in fact EFS day:(
    Day 10, FD
    Catching up with posting, I finally had a bit of time to read a couple of pages of postings, it is so nice to read this supportive and positive forum.
    Yesterday I was at a work conference with a group that is focusing on quality improvement. I only knew one person in the group of 12, which was a bit nerve wracking, but it all turned out very well. I was able to do TRE with no issues. Several of the women are doing the Whole30 diet and so it was a healthy food environment overall. We also went for a short walk on a break then bowling for a couple of hours as a team building activity so I was pleased to have some movement incorporated. All of the nearby bowling alleys are gone in my neighborhood so I’ve not been in years. I had a mixed bag of spares, strikes and gutter balls so all very fun.
    When I tallied up my food last night I was at my goal total for a fast day, which is what I had hoped for! I did have to fight off a sugar dragon last night, because I still felt hungry (no, I was craving specifically chocolate:/) but I was successful since I firmly told myself I was on a fast day and eventually the dragon slunk away.
    Today didn’t start well what with waking up at 4:45, struggling to get back to sleep, then sleeping soundly when my alarm went off to go meet my friend for a run. Did our 5k and then I did a lovely hour of yoga at my gym. This should have set me up for a great day, but I came home and when it was time to eat I just carried on with bits of this and that, culminating in spooning Nutella right out of the jar. Hence the Epic Face Stuffing day reported above. I’m leaving it behind though as OMAD as I’ve closed the kitchen for the night. My husband is at a conference this evening so I’ve only to prepare a little dinner for my uncle (93, lives one house away and I’m his caregiver…he’s pretty good for 93, but…he’s 93)
    I wish I had stepped on the scale before today’s events, but c’est la vie:/ Tomorrow’s weigh in will reflect the reality of my life!
    @basyjames, @jaifam and @flaquita, I will join in on the plank challenge too please! I got two 30 second ones in today during yoga so that’s a little start at least.
    @wellrounded, I’m a newbie, but wanted to add my voice to the welcomes 🙂
    @lillymartin, I also suffer from migraines so you have my sympathy and empathy. I used to lose about 3 days a week to them, having to hide away from bright light and all the rest. Mine are much less frequent now having had food allergy testing and having gone through menopause, if that gives you any hope at all.
    Plan for tomorrow: NFD but definitely not EFS day 🙂

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Only a kilo down, despite doing 5 FDs in the last 10 days?! Not to worry; only a kilo to go before I’m back to my maintenance weight. And perhaps oatmeal isn’t the best FD food? I need to eat less on NFDs and dial it down on the carbs.

Is mine really the first post on day 12?!

Happy S🌞nday everyone!

Day 12 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@funshipfreddie, must be a lazy Sunday morning for folk, not surprised if the weathers anything like here! Still not properly daylight and raining, still it is January. Funny how sometimes despite our best efforts the weight will only go slowly, like you I’ve had a few extra FD’s, but slow going. But …. at least it’s going and overall it keeps the trend going downwards.

Looking to a bit of a push this week and see if I can get down to my previous best, which is only 2 lbs away, then look to get to my first target I set back in July when I started, ie lose 2 stone.

Pocket list Day 12
    @Ihatelettuce

Take care all

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD;

The internet “went down” when I tried to submit my post….just this site, mind. Gremlins!

Day 12 – Cork, IE -FD

Slept in this morning. I am normally awake around 7.30am at weekends from habit but it was a late one this morning. I need to get outside for a walk while the sun is shining as our wonderful Irish weather is so changeable.

Plank challenge completed this morning. I can’t maintain a full minute so I split it into 2 x 30 minutes and will work on holding for as long as I can 😀

@ciren2 thanks! I am over the moon with the loss but I am getting just as much as a kick from seeing my waist reappear slowly but surely. I haven’t read “The Diabetes Code” but I imagine it is similar to the “The Obesity Code” and I really did find it to be compelling in terms understanding the flawed nutritional guidelines which have prevailed for years. I would always have been a person who “had” to have breakfast but since understanding more about IF and how the body responds, it was like clicking a mental switch and I am managing very easily without it. I have read, and tried, many diet programmes over the years but none of them clicked with me to such an extent and this WOE has given me hope that I can manage my condition and weight.

@karen250463 I am on week 11 of a 12 week programme of probiotics to support my gut health as there is emerging research on the importance of gut health to autoimmune conditions. It’s only in the latter weeks of taking the probiotic that I am feeling much more optimistic about life in general, less anxious and more resilient. I think this is also contributing towards my positivity to this WOE.

Happy Sunday everyone

Pocket list Day 12
    @Ihatelettuce
    @flaquita

Day 12, London, UK, FD,

There, I’ve written it in stone (so to speak!) today IS a FD!!!

Last night, I found myself searching for inspiration and motivation and, let’s face it, something to stop me thinking about cashew nuts & red wine!!! The following have inspired me to try a weekend FD, so it’s OMAD <600kcals today…………………………..

https://idmprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/IDM-Fasting-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

https://idmprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/IDM-Program-Manual.pdf

I’ll be taking one day at a time, I have a freezer full of nutritional homemade meals for FDs & NFDs so I’ll decide on what type of day it’ll be and defrost accordingly, but a minimum of 5:2.

It truly is a slow & lazy Sunday @funshipfreddie & @i-hate-lettuce, maybe everyone is in the gym!!!

Happy fasting folks, wish me luck ……………….. I WILL fast on this beautiful Sunday!!!

Day 12 – UK – FD
    Day 8-11 – NFDs

Have not managed to do a FD since Day 6 🤭 and have had a few EFS ones all involving too much 🍷🥂……..there I have admitted it to myself and to the forum!!!

I went to a New Year Yoga Workshop yesterday – perfect for a very wet, windy Cumbrian day – where we had a nourishing day practicing yoga and setting a Sankalpa to help bring us into harmony with ourselves and the year ahead. This made me withdraw my head out the sand with regards to my health and wellbeing so I forced myself to get on the scales this morning and found my weight has crept up to 57.5kg 😞

I’m joining those other hardy souls who are doing a FD on this sunny Sunday – aiming for FD600 today followed by another tomorrow to kickstart me in the right direction…..and also aiming to do 5:2 with regards to 🍷 i.e. 5 Dry Days:2🍷until I get back to under 55kg

I hope others on the forum are having a better start than me this month – I started off well but have definitely faltered over the past week or so…..must do better…..4 years into this WOL I know it works if I can get back into my rhythm – Must remember that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

@emma-taylor – 6 weeks in Italy – lucky you – Enjoy and good luck in staying accountable 🤞
    @matpi – hope you feel better soon 🤗
    @basyjames – I too had to google a “chaffle sandwich” looks interesting and 😋
    @flaquita – Andrew Scott was fab in Present Laughter – very frenetic pace – he must be shattered at the end of the evening’s performance – Great job on sticking to the Fast 800 and 11 lbs so far into this challenge is a fantastic result 👍 I love how you and your friend have found an alternative way of meeting which does not involve food/wine – great inspiration for us all
    @caroline-esty-akporokah – You too are an inspiration for us all especially those new to this WOL – 8lbs down in 2weeks – great job!!
    @wellrounded – I add my welcome back to the forum and to this WOL – I think you were with us last in Sept’18??
    @jaifaim – good job on those 4.5lbs dispatched
    @ciren2 – good news for your DD and her SO
    @flourbaby – great job on sticking to your dry January 😇 Thank you for those links – I will be reading them today for inspiration and motivation

Pocket list for Day 12 – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @flaquita
    @flourbaby
    @at

“Weight loss is not impossible. Weight loss is hard, but hard is not the same as impossible.” – Author Unknown

@ AT and @ FlourBaby thank you so much. It’s not been easy but I have tried my best to track everything that goes into my mouth on MFP which has opened my eyes to the high calorie content in non healthy foods.

What is the plank challenge please? I want to try this!!

This truly is a WOL and I have bounced into another successful FD day yesterday finishing on 534 cals. Slightly over but I kept it liquid only consuming milky drinks and soup. Tinned soup aren’t very filling so I am going to make my own this week.

Does any one have any good recipes for low cal filling soup or and low cal snacks pls which I can grab and go that aren’t fruit lol 😂

For anyone who has not yet tried shirataki or konjac noodles, I think they’re a great option for FDs as they are very low calorie and high in fibre. I felt like I had a really substantial meal with them in a stir fry with loads of veg. My local supermarket has konjac noodles and rice so I stocked up today 🙂

@at sounds like you had a really insightful yoga workshop which bodes well for a motivating start for a new year. It sounds as though this WOL really works for you which is inspiring to hear.

@caroline-esty-akporokah congrats on your progress. The plank challenge (as far as I am doing it) is doing a plank exercise for a minute a day. It seems very little but all the small cumulative changes have an impact over time. I can’t hold a minute yet so I do 2 x 30 second planks. I’m also using MFP and just figured out today how to change my calorie goals for logging each day.

@flourbaby thanks for sharing the resources fasting.

Day 12 – Darlington UK – NFD

I’ve got through today and done ok 🙂 I was at work this morning so just managed on drinks and didn’t eat until around 3pm (fish loads of vegetables and a small sweet potato). Since then I’ve only drank tea but going to finish the day with a hot chocolate and maybe a wee snack.

Tomorrow is a fast day so going to go as long as possible again until I eat.

Onwards and downwards

Karen

Day 12 UK NFD

TL:DR Oldie returning to waggon after AWOL EFS 🙂

Finally got here – hello New Year Challenge! Spent the first 5 days of January with a lovely friend staying to help me catch up with house things. We Began with the hardest room inc piles & files & boxes of paperwork.. some of it up to 20 years old! It’s all about making space for the life I live now, being able to get in and use the room etc.

We worked flat out for 4 days, mostly clearing the one room with corners of other rooms. Amazingly helpful both mentally and physically. But I didn’t do any of my usual careful pacing, planning meals etc so ended up exhausted. And I didn’t quite allow for the physical or emotional upheaval of zipping through and shredding 20 years of difficult stuff.

So I’ve proceded to eat my way straight through since 1 January…. My Challenge has consisted of emotional eating, eating feelings, eating things bc they were there or needed eating up, mindless eating, eating to satisfy cravings…. All those things I used to do and haven’t done for 2 years!!! So now I’m here – 16lbs up in the last 4 months, 20lbs up on my goal and just about ready to reset.

Brief intro: F55 London. Put on weight via longterm ill health restricting mobility/activity, stopping smoking (best thing Ever), and menopause. Joined 5:2 December 2017 challenge weighing 181lb/82kg BMI 30.1 Steady loss until 10 month plateau – which with hindsight plateau was a shape-shifting time! The body is ALWAYS doing something when you’re fasting! Got down to 140lbs/63kg BMI 22.5 June 2019. Thrown off course by bereavement Sept 2019 and illness Oct – Dec 2019… and here I am. Back to 156lb, puffed up and ready to pop – or hit the reset button!

So I’ve just spent 3 hrs reading all this month’s posts and getting fired up – well, encouraged and inspired. Delighted to read all the instant successes, struggles that mirror my own, gentle determination and hard-won achievements. Thank you all for wonderful posts.You draw me back in like a trout on a line!
    @jaifaim thank you for thinking of me x

I’ve got a big piece to prep for a conference next weekend so I’ll be aiming to avoid stress and do good self-care. After a few weeks off I’m feeling about 95 – another wonderful reason to fast, drink water, stretch and sleep!

I’m off to bath & bed, aiming for 9 hrs sleep. Tomorrow I restart yoga & meditation and put in first 2020 FD. Off first thing to continue emergency dental work on two teeth I cracked before Christmas 🙁

Here’s to Happy Mondays! Whatever the day holds, go gently 🙂

EFS day today….because I’m not at work. This is why I fear retirement, even though, at my age, I should be!
    @flourbaby: Those links are good…I must print those pages out some time. I’m assuming it’s Dr Fung…the fasting expert who talks a great deal of sense. I just wish I could ACT on his advice! Still reading his very good book on Diabetes at the moment…..but still stuffing myself with carbohydrates. Of COURSE the refined kind are addictive, and that’s my problem.
    Almost every evening (and this evening I’ve just eaten a SECOND marzipan Ritter Sport bar (500 cals) I swear to go to work with no breakfast and fast tomorrow….

Day 12 Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Busy day here. The room we’re decorating now has one coat of new paint. We’ve didn’t most of the day on the prep work, filling holes, sanding and cleaning. It’s definitely going to need two coats maybe three. We’ll see.
    Anyway I’ve only been in the kitchen to cook meals and make drinks so no snacking.
    There will be alcohol with dinner so probably be over the calories.
    Tomorrow will be another day.

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Our ice storm was significant – besides losing cable/internet/phone for almost a day, there were lots of downed branches. We lost a large bough in the backyard, but fortunate it landed with no damage anywhere.

@angrypony – yeah for a fun but healthy outing and eating. Generally, I expect a night of poor sleep following a FD (maybe knowing it will happen makes it more tolerable). Also, I expect the DAFD (DayAfterFastDay) to often be EFS. Preparation for that might help too?!

@flaquita – lazy or busy Sunday? Hard to say. You are so right that the Western world at least has had flawed information on nutrition, and also on the importance of gut health. Sounds to me like you are quite the researcher. We need you around here to help keep us all informed!

@flourbaby -good resolve on making your FD successful! Thanks for the resources too for all of us.

Onward and downward.

@flourbaby thanks for sharing the resources about fasting. Informative and encoring. I shall be printing them off for future reference. Thanks again.

@flaquita thanks got the plank challenge info. I shall aim for a minute every day. We got this!!

Today was so hard with so much to do and the stress of 3 DH bored and looking for treats to fill their time. I succumbed on the Jaffa cakes when DH number 3 decided to throw a tantrum over the light switch and not having what she would like for dinner.

Stress eating is my biggest downfall. I have defo gone over today. Any suggestions to help with this please?

Day 12 California FD

It seems like I’m back in the rhythm of this again. FD today is going fine and only 2.5 hours until I can have my 500 calorie meal which will probably be tinned soup, roasted carrots, some flaxseed meal and a few other things.
    I did have to stop trying to read all the posts every day because I really need to make space for my daily meditation and with working it just wouldn’t all fit. On the weekends I get to catch up on what everyone is doing.
    @flourbaby I also read all the fasting articles to keep me motivated!

Day 13 – Japan – WFD #3

My second water fast when very well, almost 40 hours. I also managed to do 5 pull-ups in a row. (60 total) Now to repeat 5 and get to 6. It gets easier to increase up to a point. I was up to 8 when I hurt my elbows, but that was chin-ups which are actually easier because the arm position allows for more arm muscles to help on the upward move. I hurt myself by lowering myself with my wrists bent. That puts too much strain on the elbows. It has taken a couple years to get to where I’m able to do pull-ups mostly pain free.

Right now I’m not sure about the fasting. My daughter has influenza type A and to be honest I’m not feeling that good myself. At least it isn’t a time for fasting multiple days. I’ll just see how it goes.

Day 12 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 11 — NFD

The NFD’s have gone well, and it appears that I’ve discovered one factor contributing to the heel pain: the step in my “walking run”. I set that up so that I can walk in my home when the weather is inclement. As part of the run there is a step. I replaced that one with one half as high and tonight there is no heel pain! I put the step in to intensify the aerobic effect, but better a lesser effect and no pain!

@jaifaim The spams seem to be gone. When I last logged on there were some posts in the active topics which were recruiting marriage partners — definitely not what this website is all about!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I have a sneaking suspicion that I know where the problem lies and am working on finding a solution. Little by little!

@dykask Hope that your daughter is able to shake that flu virus quickly and completely! With any luck the fasting has mobilized your immune system so that you stay healthy.

Here’s a start for Monday’s pocket list:
    @matpi

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Very quick “hello” before leaving for work.

@songbirdme: That ice storm sounds horrible…..lucky for you that the fallen tree branch didn’t break anything else on the way down. I hope your weather has improved a lot by now.
    @rafiki44: Good for you, getting back into it.
    @dykask: Take care….I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

Day-12 – NFD
    Day 13 – NFD – Ireland

Hello all, a good NFD yesterday which included some good food in a local pub as we caught up with friends in the afternoon for a walk and some food after my 80km club spin in the morning.🚴‍♀️ still on the dry though 🚫 and feeling good for it. Nearly half way there for January!
    Saturday was a less controlled today although did have a very tasty and relatively healthy dinner as I tried out a Joe wicks recipe for turkey burgers. No exercise on Saturday as it was a very busy day looking after mum and dad and driving home after that.
    Hopefully I will stay on track this week and have as good a week as last week. 🤞
    This morning I feel like I’m back up a few lbs which I wouldn’t be surprised at as between food and drink on the bike this tends to happen and it’s just “The Weekend blip” but good times have to be had to in order for this WOL to be sustainable 🎉 will weigh in Friday as usual 👍
    @Michlinme – great to hear that you are ok and posting… .uou have been busy!
    Forgot to do my planks – oops! but will get back on that from today… and staying off added sugar and sweet treats ✅
    Good luck to everybody today 💪

Pocket list date 13
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (Wfd)

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13 – NFD – NZ
    Hi all
    I’ve been quiet on here over the weekend – had friends staying. Which meant a lot of wine and that meant I was not sensible at all about anything.
    Miraculously, my weight has stayed the same…
    Back to trying to eat sensibly today – half successful – I had leftover greek salad for lunch with extra veg added this morning, but two slices of pizza (thin base and seafood, if that makes it less terrible…)
    I did do 30 mins of rowing and weightlifting as well.
    i feel like I’m struggling enough just to not eat like an idiot, let alone do proper fast days at the moment.

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Very busy weekend with DH decluttering rooms and sorting out the garden. Very satisfying though, we enjoyed looking out at our cleaned up back garden with a nice glass of wine yesterday afternoon as the sun set.

Today we await Storm Brendan so yesterday was the calm before the storm. I can hear the wind picking up now, hope it will be ok.

Food wise the weekend was the usual, but only two meals a day, skipping lunch without even thinking about it. I am 3lbs lighter than this day last week but still MUCH heavier than I want to be.

Still, today is an FD, so have everything organised for that. The usual Oatbran bread sandwhich for lunch, tons of water and herbal teas, black coffee, then a 250 cal chowder for dinner.

Pocket list day 13 – Together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010

Pocket list day 13 – Together we are stronger
    @jaifaim
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning everyone

‘Building up’ FD’s at the moment, my recent previous lowest weight is only 2 lbs off so pressing on to get there by Friday’s weigh in, or if not by the following week, enthusiasm is a great thing!

Maybe be interesting for some, figures from my daily walking as part of my regime…

Last week, the total steps recorded was 69262 burning 5254 calories.

Average for the quick MOAM walks … Walking 32 minutes 3876 steps covering 1.79 miles @ 18.55 minutes per mile 3.32 mph Ave heart rate 101 bpm max heart rate 121 bpm fat burning for 27 minutes burning 320 calories. I can walk pretty fast, but running, no thanks, never really enjoyed cross country runs at school, think a bit ancient to start again now (and too heavy!)

As I said trying to get at least 3 FD’s a week as well as almost joining the dry January crew so that’s become my other 5:2, dry for 5 and allowing for 2 with an odd glass or two. Must admit, since Christmas finding both 5:2’s quite easy, so far. But maybe because I’m focussed on my targets and enjoying feeling good. Also keeping my inner Warthog firmly in it’s cage!

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 13
    @Ihatelettuce
    @dykask WFD
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13. NFD Rome.
    Just posting to say hi. We are walking for miles every day, and I’m fondly hoping this will slightly reverse the damage being done at mealtimes. Some hope….

Day 13 – FD – Darlington UK

Good morning guys I hope everyone is well. I had a weigh in this morning and seem to have lost 1.6lbs since last Monday so I’m happy with that. I still have a way to go but hopefully going in the right direction.

My plan today is not to eat anything solid for as long as I can and then I’m having soup and maybe yoghurt and berries, lets see how that goes…

Day 13 UK FD

Last weeks good points – 2 successful fast days – no booze Mon – Fri . Bad points Too much food & particularly drink Sat & Sun ….so resetting will try to emulate good and eliminate bad Easy right

@jaifaim – wow that’s some serious exercise Very impressed🚴‍♀️

Day 13 – Atlanta, GA- USA- CFD

Day 13 USA (Illinois) FD

Quick post to join our pocket list. I have Silver Sneakers, annual physical, and P.E.O. meeting today. Too busy to eat? Hope so! 🙂

Pocket List – Day 13
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dykask WFD
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

I am Day 13 Canada FD

I’m back 😁 Thanks to JJ for releasing me from spam filters!!
    House sitting for friends who live in the mountains. So much snow the shoveling has been quite the workout ❄️❄️
    Today is -27 without windchill so perhaps a snow shoe in the trees and yoga will be my activities ☃️
    @flourbaby thanks for those links. I like the following
    8. When you are finished a fast, act as if it never happened – Fasting is not an excuse to binge.
    9. Fit it into your own life – Make sure you fit your fasting into your own schedule. Do not limit yourself socially because you are fasting. Try to arrange your fasting schedule so it will fit in with your lifestyle. Adjust your fasting schedule to what makes sense for you.

Pocket List – Day 13
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dykask WFD
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @songbirdme
    @bellyblast

Onward and downward.

Day 13 Canton OH FD

I missed day 11 and 12

I had a scheduled girls lunch-out on day 11, so to prep I worked out and picked out what I would eat at our reserved restaurant. I was planning to break my fast with a nice juicy steak and asparagus. Well bummer, they were not serving from the dinner menu yet so I had to order brunch – it was a very unsatisfying sunrise salad especially since I asked them to hold the rice. So I went home hungry and ate too many cashews and almonds, then made a chaffle breakfast sandwich and ate it all. I wasn’t happy!

On Sunday my daughter made brownies for my bible study group, they were ooey and gooey and while I was helping cut them up I had a few bites, then saved a piece for myself which I ate after my dinner of pork roast and asparagus. Then hubby brought me a slice of pound cake and of course I ate it.
    However I have to celebrate the victories; DD ordered a pizza on Sunday and I did not have a single bite, I am still alcohol free and I am planking once a day.

While it could have been worse, I would like to do a better job of staying within my planned calorie allotment and posting to MFP on weekends; I really do not want to self-sabotage anymore because menopause has eliminated the wiggle room I used to have.

@michelinme it’s good to see you again, thanks for the reminder that the body is always doing something when we are fasting. If this helps, in spite of the curveballs life has thrown your way, you are still 25 pounds lighter than when you began the December 2017 challenge.

@dykask so far the flu has been brutal, and many have succumbed to its debilitating eefects. I hope your daughter feels better soon

Adding myself to the pocket list
    Pocket List – Day 13
    @Ihatelettuce
    @dykask WFD
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames

Day 13 UK FD

Popping by for accountability on first of my 2020 FDs

Drunk some black coffee and a litre of fizzy water…. need to up the water / switch to marmite or peppermint tea. Planning either freezer soup or vegan mince with baked sweet potato for supper. So far, so good. Feeling hungry but focussed, and better at reminding myself ‘not today’.

Not enough sleep to do early yoga, but fitted in a v gentle 20 min stretch at lunchtime. Goodness, missing weeks really makes a difference!!

Made it to early dentist appt – sadly the tooth has to come out so we’re planning for bridge & extraction appts at 2/52 interval. Not fab news, but it’s in the diary & I’ll survive!

Here’s a round up of the pocket list – sending Strength to fellow fasters

Pocket List – Day 13
    @matpi
    @dykask WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

Day 13 (well, not for me, but the group)
    FD, I hope.

Day 13 – second post…
    FD going ok … came back on to pop myself and @daffodil2010 back on the pocket list … but @michelinme I see you have done that – thanks so much! 😇
    Need all the help I can get and being on the list definitely helps 😄

Day 13, London, UK, FD

It’s a late one from me as I had a meeting in town, on my day off too!!!

So, yesterday’s FD turned into a CD, OMAD of <1000kcals, I don’t feel too bad about it because I’ve just broken today’s fast at 4pm with a miso soup, 30DS is scheduled for 6:30 followed by soup for dinner & finished by 7:45, so it was probably best to swap the FDs since I was so busy today that fasting was a doddle!!!

Glad to see you back @michelinme, you’re in good company, unfortunately @daffodil2010 and I have slid a wee way down that slippery slope too!!! The only way is up and the resolve is STRONG!!!

@binklebonk, sometimes I find it easier and less disheartening to ‘eat like an idiot’ on NFDs (‘cause I just can’t help myself sometimes!!) but at least have 2 successful FDs, the FDs are easy and if it takes time to get the NFDs perfect, so be it, at least I’ll have 2 good FDs to be proud of!!! Just concentrate on perfecting one thing !!

@bellyblast, funny how I forgot all of the things that attracted me to 5:2 at the beginning!!! Not rearranging my life and not treating NFDs as a reward for successful fasting are just 2 …………………………. Definitely back to basics for me!!! ……………………. As for your -27 …………………….it’s gonna be a ‘NO’ from me!!!!

Pocket List – Day 13
    @matpi
    @dykask WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby

The kitchen WILL be closed at 8pm, so I’ve only 3 hrs to down some water, drown some dragons and swerve the cashews!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 14 – CD – NZ
    Hi all
    thanks for your advice @flourbaby – I think you are right – I’m beating myself up over not getting everything perfect.
    But I’ve been entering weight and measurements into the little calculator on this site. My BMI is still ridiculous (around 34), my weight since starting has gone up-down-up-down-up-uuuuupppp and the last couple of weighs it has gone down some. But my waist to height ratio has gone from .54 to .51 – which is very heartening!

second post.

@flourbaby I must have missed your post with the links when I skimmed the posts. After seeing comments from others, I went back and found it.

Thank you so much for posting the information, this will be very helpful for strategizing going forward.

Fellow plankers, thank you for making the commitment@caroline-esty-akporokah,
    @flaquita,@jaifam,@basyjames

every little bit helps

day 13, Oxfordshire,UK FD800
    The weekend was a write off as far as I’m concerned. Too much wine and chocolate. today is another day however and is coming in at around 800 calories. i think that will be ok, especially after a disturbed night’s sleep.
    Decorating is coming on, 2nd coat painted. DH will do 3rd if needed tomorrow. then we just need to gloss paint. so carpet on wednesday i hope.
    I’m a bit behind with posts. however.
    @flaquita congrats on the weight loss
    @Michelineme you story sounds similar to mine. that was where I was in August before joing the challenges. I’m now hovering around 61kg ish and I keep sabotaging. I should know better.
    @dykask – hope your daughter is on the mend and you dont go down with flu too.
    @binklebonk – don’t stress too much about one weekend, we all do it. just focus on today and the coming week. great news about your waist height ratio
    @karen250463 – congrats on the loss, hope today is going well.
    Just adding myself to the list.
    Pocket List – Day 13
    @matpi
    @dykask WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby
    @suki2

2nd post

Good FD so far, and like @jaifaim I was coming on to re-add ourselves onto the Pocket List from which were left off earlier……so thank you very much @michelinme for scooping us back in ☺️

Together we are stronger.

2nd post

Delighted to tidy up @daffodil2010 @jaifaim – I know I need to see myself there to feel the accountability!

Sorry to miss you off @bellyblast – and you’ve been bumped again 🙁 Coming back round to scoop you up & tuck you back in 🙂

Hope it’s been a good FD all – stronger together!

Pocket List – Day 13
    @matpi
    @dykask WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby
    @suki2

Post 2 day 13

@binklebonk ….BMI ridiculous at 34 …. I wish !

A few things not adding up here but hey ! Reviewing the last few weeks.

Day 13, UK, FD

My last FD was successful but unfortunately I went a bit ott on alcohol over the weekend 😳 . Still not noticing any change in weight … sigh
    Today has been ok so far, at around 570cal.
    I desperately need to get back to exercising on regular basis, another thing I’ve struggled with ever since my surgery over 3 years ago. I used to be so good at it, so disciplined … sigh

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good successful day 🙂

Pocket List – Day 13
    @matpi
    @dykask WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby
    @suki2
    @shinything

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 709 total)

You must be logged in to reply.