January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

This topic contains 708 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Flaquita 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 709 total)

• Day 5 – NFD – Ireland
    Good morning…. it’s dark out there but I’m getting up to go for a spin 🚲. Still have rattly lungs but it should clear them a little.
    I hope you are all having a good weekend. I feel like I’m back on the path – phew – and looking forward to tomorrow’s FD ✅
    thanks @funshipfreddie for helping out re nickname change… it is such a shame it can’t be done… I’m sure years ago I managed to take the ‘ out if the j’ai in my name but I could be dreaming that…. 💭
    @emmataylor I’m with you on that feeling of just being so annoyed with yourself but not being able to get yourself out of the feeding zone! We are all intelligent people who know what happens when we eat too much but sometimes you just can’t stop yourself …. it actually amazes me… a lot of the time…i think I’m in the good place now so hopefully can turn things around – 🤞sending you strength too for your trip away…
    Thinking of all the Aussies out there… was chatting with my best pal in Sydney yesterday who was due to holiday in the worst affected area… mon dieu it is just so terrible … thinking of you all 💕
    Have a great day everyone 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Happy birthday @basyjames 🎈

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Not sure how I finished up on yesterday’s pocket list, because it wasn’t a FD for me; anything but! Let’s just say any leftover holiday treats no longer exist.

@basyjames – Happy birthday! 🥂🍾 🎂 🎉🎊

Pocket List – Day 5 🍏
    @funshipfreddie

NFD UK day 5

Good morning, well ive just stepped on the scales and I’ve lost 5lbs! Amazing, keeping to my calorie allowance for the food days!

I’m a bit confused by the abbreviations and someone posted a list a few day ago but I can’t find it. 🤔 Could someone please point me in the right direction to find it? 😀

Hi CristyB – Funshipfreddie put them up on page 1 … but a quick copy and paste job, here they are …. I’ll know I’ve made it when ‘MOAM’ is added to the list! LOL

The list of acronyms & abbreviations from previous Challenges.

IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life
    FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days!)
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    Hunger Dragon – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied
    DD, DS Darling Daughter, Son
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE: Time Restricted Eating
    OMAD: One Meal a Day

Day 5 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning everyone,

Silly Saturday yesterday, weather forecast was poor so we’d decided to head off and sort out my wardrobe, needed a few things in a smaller size! Not  a bad reason to head for the shops.
    So, a morning of browsing round and buying ended up with me getting a few bits and bob’s, us chaps aren’t good at ‘shopping’ . I knew what I was looking for and was done in an hour, then ready for home, No ladies, we don’t understand.
    However, I’m going to be somewhat smarter than I was and the charity bag is looking fatter instead of me!

Back home late afternoon, sat having a good natter, we decided to open the bottle of ‘bubbles’ we had been saving from Christmas, my OH loves Champagne! So pop goes the cork, one of the reasons why I wasn’t going to go for a dry January, I have all the willpower of a half melted Mars bar at times! (sorry @flourbaby) The good news is my share of the fizz was only 285 calories, but the nibbles that went with it pushed me up towards my BMR.

Now for the silly bit, thought I’d just have a sneaky peek on the scales this morning….. down by a pound! Sometimes it just does not make sense!

Today, a cheeky FD as feeling good, all being well another good walk.
    I keep mentioning walking, I reckon it’s rather underrated as an exercise, but I try to get out every day and march out, I feel better for it, get my head on straight and burn calories, so has to be a winner.

Take care all.

Pocket list – day 5

@Ihatelettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5 – Cumbria UK – FD

Silly Saturday yesterday, weather forecast was poor so we’d decided to head off and sort out my wardrobe, needed a few things in a smaller size! Not  a bad reason to head for the shops.
    So, a morning of browsing round and buying ended up with me getting a few bits and bob’s, us chaps aren’t good at ‘shopping’ . I knew what I was looking for and was done in an hour and ready for home, No ladies, we don’t understand.
    However, I’m going to be somewhat smarter than I was and the charity bag is looking fatter instead of me!

Back home late afternoon, sat having a good natter, we decided to open the bottle of ‘bubbles’ we had been saving from Christmas, my OH loves Champagne! So pop goes the cork, one of the reasons why I wasn’t going to go for a dry January, I have all the willpower of a half melted Mars bar at times! (sorry@Flourbaby) The good news is my share of the fizz was only 285 calories, but the nibbles that went with it pushed me up towards my BMR.

Now for the silly bit, thought I’d just have a sneaky peek on the scales this morning….. down by a pound! Sometimes it just does not make sense!
    Today, a cheeky FD as feeling good, all being well another good walk.
    I keep mentioning walking, I reckon it’s rather underrated as an exercise, but I try to get out every day and march out, I feel better for it, get my head on straight and burn calories, so has to be a winner.

Take care all.

Pocket list – day 5

@Ihatelettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5 – Cork, IE – FD

Morning all,

short post this morning as I have a lot to get organised today and I slept later than I intended. This is now day 5 of the Fast 800 for me which is my 5th day in a row of 800 calories per day. I am finding it very manageable so far which is a pleasant surprise.

While my primary objective is to reach my goal weight, I find it helpful to identify Non Scale Victories (NSV) which removes the focus on the scales which can be frustrating with constant fluctuations. I realised yesterday that my upper waist (just around my rib cage)suddenly appears to have some more definition than before. It seems this is the part of my body which shows the first weight loss for me and it has made me ridiculously happy to see it again 🙂 That’s my motivation to keep going 😀

Hope you all have a nice Sunday ahead!

Pocket list – day 5

@Ihatelettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @flaquita

Day 5 FD. Hi all. Let’s get the personal bit out the way 🙂 I’m 59, have been married for 36 years, am Scottish and work full time. I’m a previous faster and got down to around 9 st 3 Ibs 5 years ago on 5:2 500 cals. Back up to 10 st 10.6 Ibs and fed up with myself. I Have tried various attempts to get back on it again as I found it really effective. I loved the 16:8 pattern. I struggle with it now as for some reason my blood pressure seems to shoot up on my fast days. I never ever had high blood pressure and the GP seemed to think that it was an adrenaline response to my body needing food. Anyway I’m going for 800 cals straight for 2 weeks to see how I get on with time restricted eating. Not eating before 8am or after 6pm. New year resolution to get out and about and do some walking. Too much time spent on the laptop and in front of TV. Little else to do in he winter as I live on an island lol! Anyway I would like to lose 7 Ib’s this month so we will see how I go. I was 10 st 12 Ibs on Frid the 3rd of Jan so I’ve lost 1.4 Ibs in the past few days. Good luck all.

Many thanks @ihatelettuce 😄

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@christyb: Great progress!
    @caroline-esty-akporokah: It’s fine….we can copy and paste….it works! What is the origin of the name…..sounds sort of middle-eastern, or Turkish, or Greek maybe?
    My dad came from Poland so, before I married, I was always having to spell my name…every single time!
    @basyjames: Have a lovely birthday today xx
    @binklebonk: My colleague from the Royal Mail is at North Island too….he had to go because it’s his daughter’s wedding. He would never have done the journey otherwise. Equally, it would take a lot to get me to visit DD in Australia! In my younger days I would have jumped at the chance.

Dare I say it….but since Christmas, my weight has slowly come down through reasonably careful eating! I plan to do a modified FD tomorrow, where I go to work without breakfast and then see what happens. That way I managed about 20 hours on Thursday. Coming home from a long day on the postal deliveries leaves me REALLY HUNGRY! So I’m not going to beat myself up if I crash and burn at that stage. My immediate goal is to break into the 50s (kg) and I’m currently hovering on the just 60.1kg mark.

Have a good day everyone. xx

Day 5, London, UK, NFD

Today will be a CD of no more than 1000kcals, hopefully less.

@basyjames, Happy Birthday!!!! I turn 47 in February and truth be told, it means NOTHING to me, ‘cause in reality I’m 27!!!! ………………… my reality, that is!!!

@songbirdme, the cauliflower soup was a new recipe, usually I add turmeric or curry powder, this time I kept it simple & relatively low cal (NO coconut milk or double cream!)
    https://cookieandkate.com/creamy-roasted-cauliflower-soup-recipe/

@emma-taylor, you’re so right, the last thing on my mind on a FD or CD is food, there’s no point, why torture yourself! TRE works well on NFDs, providing the house is full of healthy foods I can’t binge on, I eat normally, and I’m satisfied & satiated so January’s plan is healthy unprocessed 16:8 combined with 5:2 and drowning tummy rumbling dragons with 3L water a day!!

@binklebonk, I’m glad your very low calorie diet worked for you to get your much needed surgery, crash diets are great for short term goals, but completely unsustainable. This 5:2 WOL is just the opposite, a way of living life with pleasures and no deprivation, but losing weight, gaining health and in my case, who ever heard of being on a diet for 3+ years??!!

@jaifaim, the perfect description of the dreaded ‘Self-Sabotage’ stage we find ourselves in regularly ………………………… ‘sometimes you just can’t stop yourself’

It’s a 16:8 day so, reading & posting has brought me to ‘breakfast’ time which will be coffee, then soup for lunch at 2pm then I plan to have finished dinner by 7pm. It’s ALL in the planning!!!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Day 5 UK NFD

Happy birthday @basyjames 🎉

Great day out yesterday good long walk watched a game of rugby but quite a few beers followed by a curry but planning to buckle down with my first FD tomorrow

Day 5 country nWest Australia NFD
    Day 4 NFD
    Still eating, mostly, much better than previously.
    Scales are leaping up and down like a cat on a hot tin roof but still below the most I have ever weighed as in late 2019 so am happy with that.
    Just wish the boxes of choccies would disappear from my fridge.
    I can get rid of some of them but it does seem a shame to get rid of ALL the Lindts we received…..
    @basyjames, happy birthday.

second post.
    Prayers and thoughts with all those affected by the bushfires in the eastern states.
    It looks and sounds absolutely horrendous.
    We had a bad fire quite close to us in the Stirling Range National Park but it seems to be under control . Lost about 11 000 hectares but not the hundreds of thousands of hectares as in the east.
    Devastating for all who have lost their homes, farms, businesses and animals.
    Terrible for all the poor native animals too. So much destruction.

Day 5 Canada NFD

Not feeling particularly hungry after yesterday’s FD, for me that’s a sign things are going well. Going to make it a 16:8 day. Made it to the gym yesterday for a good work out and expect to be feeling sore today. Walking 🚶‍♀️ is the best isn’t it @i-hate-lettuce. I’m looking forward to a long one today. Yoga first though

@chrityb that’s a fantastic start, well done
    @ciren2 a loss is well deserved after all your hard work pre-Christmas

My thoughts are with the Aussies.. I can’t imagine the devastation and stress the country must be experiencing at the moment

Day 5, UK, NFD

So far I feel I haven’t done too bad on my 2 NFDs, which are always more problematic for me than FDs. I decided I wont weigh myself for a while, until I actually FEEL that I lost some weight. Trying to avoid disappointments 🙂

@binklebonk ” I’d just like to lose 15kg immediately and with no effort, is all… 😀”
    haha that made me lol 😂, that’s exactly what I’d like too *nods*
    I hope 5:2 works for you! I’d say just take it slow losing weight, slow and steady is better and less likely to be a short term loss. As long as the scales are moving in the right direction all is good. You are an inspiration, to keep fighting after you’ve been through so much 💪

@flourbaby “the re-emergence of ‘Club Tortwah’ ………………….. unfortunately my tortoise has been shuffling backwards!!! …………………….. As if she wasn’t bloomin’ slow enough going forwards!!!!”
    Mine too! This tortoise needs to turn around and start heading in the right direction 😡 🐢

Happy birthday @basyjames 🎉 🎈

Prayers and thoughts with all those affected by the bushfires in Australia. Absolutely devastating for all, humans and wildlife 😥

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone 👍

USA Day 5 FD

Happy Birthday, Basyjames!

Pocket list – day 5

@Ihatelettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @flaquita
    @ccco

Just adding myself to the pocket list! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Happy birthday, @basyjames ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to YOU!

@shinything – I’m right with you with prayers for Australia. It was a WordsWithFriends opponent who keyed me into 5:2 “The Fast Diet” book almost 4 years ago. I’ve kept up with Australia through him ever since. Really an awful situation.

@angrypony – adorable story how you got your name!

@matpi – I’m no good at all at tossing food. I have a tendency to use up all the leftovers possible (probably my Scotch-Irish mother’s influence, also their living through the Depression).

@luce68 – I have a dear friend here who has had Lymes. She’s been very in tune with her body ever since, eats healthy, avoids so many things. Hugs to you!

@binklebonk – I was able to lose about 35 pounds in just over 10 months with my first go-round on 5:2. With great effort and energy, I’ve kept it off for nearly 3 years. Pay attention to how your body reacts!

@jml60 – welcome to you. This is a great forum!

@flourbaby – your cauliflower soup sounds much better than the one I had. Do you have a Vitamix or another blender? I’ve never gotten anything but the basic blender as I am not crazy about smoothies.

Onward and downward.

@ciren2

My late father God bless him was Jamaican and my Husband is Nigerian.

You have to be related to have my surname, it’s pretty cool but so long to pronounce and spell out over the phone.. lol and is the Bain of my life.

Thanks for asking!!

Day 6 country West Australia hopefully a FD
    off to work so hoping a FD is the order of the day.
    I often find it easier to fast when working .
    When I’m home the food sirens call from the fridge, the pantry, the kitchen benches….
    It’s not helped by the fact that I just LURVE to cook!!
    Have been inspired by reading so many posts of 5:2ers who are exercising that I guess I should just put on my sneakers and DO something vaguely energetic.
    I used to really look forward to exercise. Now sadly it seems it’s the thought that counts.
    I think about walking, I think about going to the gym, I think about playing an hour of tennis – all while sipping a lovely flat white and eating a treat!!!!
    Onward and downward…

Day 6 – Japan – WFD #1 in 2020

I dropped out because my hard disk failed on this computer. Slowly getting back accounts, etc.

First fast of 2020. I don’t think I’m ready for 6:1 yet. My body seems to be a bit addicted to the biweekly fasting.

Day 5 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 4 — NFD

Yesterday I got on a long phone call with a friend and just ran out of time to log in here. The verdict of the scales is that I’m starting this year off at 176 lb (80 kg), so my goal for this month is to get below 172 lb (78 kg). That won’t be perfect, but will get me back into maintenance range and it should be attainable.

With my schedule this week, it turns out that today needed to be a FD. With the semester starting again this week, I had forgotten to arrange other appointments so that I could fast on Monday. So it looks as though this week, my second FD will have to be either Wednesday or Friday. Since until the end of April my FD’s will be best taken on Mondays and Fridays, it probably will be better to fast on Friday this week, just to get the new pattern going.

@lilymartin My usual exercise routine is to do about 20 min of yoga first thing in the morning, then a half-hour of walking, often split into 2 or 3 segments, and then about 15 minutes of working with light weights. It’s really difficult to see how my schedule could permit much more than that. (By the way, MM has a great article on walking in the BBC News. Here’s the URL: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-42864061 ) Unfortunately, since New Year’s I’ve been a little under the weather, so haven’t been able to do the full routine on any day yet of this new year. With any luck tomorrow will be the day!

Day 5 Oregon NFD
    Very late post. I made it to a 21 hour window today.
    No exercise as I had family and work commitments today. I did get MyFitnessPal reactivated, and got a friend to commit to tracking food there too. Alarm set for 7:30 run. Yoga at noon. Aiming for a 5:2 fast day, even though I don’t feel well prepared. Still behind reading posts, but I’ll have time tomorrow and will be buoyed up by reading the forum if my fast gets shaky!

Day 6: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

I WAS going to go to work without breakfast in order to create as much of a FD as possible….but…I couldn’t face it! I just like to eat breakfast too much!

@caroline-esty-akporokah: Our last priest was from Nigeria…a lovely man, but after 6 years they moved him on to another parish.
    @matpi: I’m sure you can do that to get back into maintenance-range…..there’s the incentive.

Better go now, or I’ll be late.
    See you later, have a good day xx

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

It’s an FD today however I may be having lunch with my work friend so hopefully I can get a soup or a salad or something. I have a spicy lentil soup made for remaining FD meals this week. Going to do 4:3 and might even throw in an egg fast as I have been craving protein recently 🤔

As for getting rid of food…….our local birds have been feasting on our leftover dishes, right now I M going to put out remnants of a turkey and ham pie with puff pastry…..the crows and magpies will love that whilst the starlings and sparrows and other little guys can enjoy the fat balls unhindered.

DH is back to work today after a months recovery from the shoulder injection. Yay. It means I can get back to routine at last.

Have a good day.

Pocket list Day 6
    @daffodil2010

Day 6 – NFD – Ireland
    Hi all – Well my cycle didn’t sort out my cough and sore throat…. I have dicky lungs and lung function anyway so have to be careful so will go to the doctor if this persists… was in bed very early last night and will take it easy in work today… i need to feel better before next weekend and looking after mum & dad 💕
    @ciren2 – well done on your loss already this year 👏
    @matpi do you practice your yoga at home in the morning?
    Have a great day everyone 💪

Pocket list day 6:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 6 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@matpi – Just read through the link re walking, funny how it can become slightly addictive. Sometimes I just crave a long walk, others I’m happy doing a MOAM sprint round the village. The most important thing for me seems to be getting out and fresh air. But there again I’ve always been an outdoors sort of guy, both workwise and hobbies.

Start of week, well going to have my usual Monday FD, didn’t have a lot of calories yesterday, filled up with large portion of dry roast veggies yesterday, no potatoes or carbs and feel rather bloated this morning.

Take care all

Pocket list Day 6
    @Ihatelettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I’m so used to doing Monday FDs, I almost feel like I’m playing truant! But I deserve it after yesterday. I was reading someone’s recipe for cauliflower soup around 7pm, when I realized I hadn’t touched a morsel the whole day.

@ciren2 – I was thinking about what you said, ‘I love the way you just brushed aside feeling ravenous…’ and apparently it’s a gender/brain thing. According to the results of a study from about 10 years ago:- “women have a much stronger reaction to food, such that whether they try to inhibit their desire or not, they have a stronger signal [in the part of the brain that controls hunger perception and desire to eat],” study leader Gene-Jack Wang, MD tells WebMD. Maybe that was nature’s way of ensuring we didn’t scoff everything during our hunter/gatherer days, before getting the food back to the women and children?

Anyway, I’m off the hook until tomorrow, so have an easy one, Monday fasters. 🍏

Updated Pocket list day 6:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @ihatelettuce
    @lilymartin

Day 6 Scotland FD

Managed to lose 3Ibs since Friday on the fast 800 diet. I figured I needed some structure that I would stick to so on day 2 I Started to do this Scottish diet. It’s part of a current Glasgow Uni Study and consists of porridge for b/fast and home made Lentil soup for lunch and dinner with one slice of whole meal bread. The diet itself is being controlled by experts and involves putting people on 850 cal daily but I’m sticking to 800 cals and just following the principles of it.

You can add in a piece of fruit and I usually buy big bags of prunes (additive and sugar free) and have 5 of them (50 cals) with a cup of tea. They’re preferable to biscuits and are full of fibre. I must say it’s worked because in 3 short days I’ve went from 10st 12Ibs to 10st 9Ibs. On my 4th day of this particular diet and I’m going to try to keep it up until the end of the week to see how it goes. I don’t eat anymore than 800 cals so theoretically I’m sticking to the principles of the 5:2 and TRE

Day 6 – FD – Ireland
    I’m obviously losing the plot…today will be a FD🤭

Day 6 – Darlington UK – FD

I’ve had a naughty weekend mainly due to having a very upsetting call on Friday evening. Wine and leftover chocs were consumed so this morning I’m the same weight as last Monday. At least it’s not more I suppose lol!

No excuses now and back to it today with a fast 🙂

Karen

Day 6, London, UK, NFD (CD)

Another CD for me today, can’t wait for my first January FD tomorrow!

@songbirdme, I have a Kenwood immersion blender (stick blender?) which I use for soups but I also have a Nutri-Ninja which may be louder than a motorbike, but blends soups & smoothies to perfection!

@lilymartin, too funny ……………………. “I think about walking, I think about going to the gym, I think about playing an hour of tennis – all while sipping a lovely flat white and eating a treat!!!!”

@jml60, that Scottish diet sounds interesting, I always have soup or salad for my FDs, but found 800cals made me hungrier than 500, perhaps I’ll try 1 week of 800cals at some point to see how my ‘control’ muscle is working!!

Happy Fasting Folks!!!
    Whatever the problem is, the answer is NOT in the fridge!!!!

Day 6 UK FD

First FD of the year for me – keeping it simple OMAD >500 cals.

Know what you mean re the 800 @flourbaby but in the future I would like to dabble with some of the variations others have success with but for now I’m sticking to basics

Day 6 – UK – FD
    Day 3- 5 – NFD

My heart is breaking seeing all the destruction that the fires are doing to Australia 🇦🇺 and it is terrible for all the poor native animals too. So much destruction to man, flora and fauna – can it recover?? Luckily my family and friends over there have not been directly affected

I do hope that those who have been feeling under par and suffering from various “lurgies” are starting to recover and feeling better 🤗

Have not managed another FD since Day 1 despite setting out with the intention to do one on several days – too much good company, food and wine so must now press my RESET button today – no ifs or buts……💪💪

I have to admit that I did start this challenge slightly above the top of my maintenance weight range and I suspect that I am now a bit more above it……….so this week I’m getting focused to ensure that the upward move does not continue………

An early start this morning for OH and I as our regular Broga classes restarted today, so on a cold and dark morning off we went to start the class at 7am – coffee for me afterwards whilst OH enjoyed his large bowl of granola with yogurt and berry compote.

@caroline-esty-akporokah – what a great start you have had 4lbs down 👍
    @shinything – you know what to do – try to stick to the basic 5:2 and keep an eye on what you are eating/drinking on your NFD – make 2020 the year when it happens!
    @lilymartin – I had forgotten that we both joined these challenges at the same time in November 2016 and YES TOGETHER we can do this 🤗
    @basyjames – well done on completing those planned FDs at the start of this month and a belated Happy Birthday to you xx
    @binklebonk – Stick with us and we can support you through the initial difficult phase – best advice I can give you is stick to the basic 5:2 and keep an eye on your NFD intake – personally I prefer to exercise in a fasted state but I do aerobic classes or go for hikes but I don’t do weights – it’s amazing what your body can do! Regarding weighing – I tend to weigh first thing in the morning once a week after my 2nd FD of the week – your body weight can fluctuate so much over a 24hr period….
    @daffodil2010 – never give up – we are all in this together – I hope that you find your MOJO back – perhaps think of why you wanted to lose the weight in the first place…….
    @cristyb – 5lbs gone – great start and well done on completing your Parkrun for the first time since being injured in May
    @funshipfreddie – great news – those 2kg will soon be dispatched! and you have done your first FD of the challenge ✔️
    @betsylee – lovely to see you here and yes a new year, new start – YOU can do this!
    @karen250463 – a lot of us find NFDs much harder than FDs – a TRE pattern of eating can be useful – like some others I’m not one for eating first thing in the morning so that helps – my problem is I tend to eat more in the evening especially if any 🥂🍷is involved……
    @ciren2 – good luck, your new easier way to start back on 5:2 sounds very doable and🤞you break into the 50s(kg) soon
    @bellyblast – great job on being at your pre-Christmas weight after all the indulgences of the festive season
    @i-hate-lettuce – well done on shopping for smaller sizes – so motivating – keep up your MOAM
    @flourbaby – wise words that we all know but don’t always adhere to “Complacency doesn’t mix with red wine, crisps, chocolate or bread!!”
    @angrypony – love the story behind your name and MFP helps in being aware of exactly how many calories we are eating as most of us have tended to underestimate that in the past – certainly that was the case for me
    @luce68 – well done on doing that first FD – personally fasting has helped me health wise and is one of the main reasons I’m still doing it 3+ years on
    @flaquita – very encouraging start for you – I too use MFP to help me stay focused especially on my NFD!!
    @gamebird and @jml60 – welcome – you have taken that first important step!! I have added you to the spreadsheet – it can be motivating to log your data there and follow your eating/weight loss trend…
    @dykask – lovely to see you back – hope you haven’t lost any important stuff with your hard disk failure!!
    @jml60 – sounds like you are doing the FD800 – oats and lentils are both filling and good for you – MM version is a Mediterranean style of eating but limiting yourself to 800cals

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Adding myself to the Pocket list for Day 6 – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at

Day 6, Oxfordshire, UK FD
    Day 5 NFD
    Definitely eaten too much over the weekend, so starting this week with a FD. To slightly offset the damage I did manage some lovely long dog walks.
    @i-hate-lettuce – MOAM walking. I’m hoping our dog won’t mind but I’m trying to up my speed a little and make his walks more WOAM. We’ll see.

My regular yoga class started back today so able to break my fast a little later which helps with TRE I find.

@basyjames – happy birthday for yesterday

Adding myself to the Pocket list for Day 6 – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2

Day 6 – Atlanta, Ga- USA – NFD

Day 6 Lincs UK NFD

Great going today! After 2 hours work this morning went for a 2 mile run, then a dog walk. Keeping off the bad stuff and just healthy eating!

USA Day 6 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!

Day 6 Pocket List

@daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2
    @ccco

Good luck today, everyone!

Day 6, VA, USA, FD

About me: Yoga Teacher married to my Sweetheart 10 years this past year with 2 cats that are very talented and do many tricks (like dogs would do tricks.) Started 4:3 in Feb of 2019 (5:2 doesn’t quite get me to losing status) and lost about 50lbs so far. I have around 15 to go.

Can not believe it is the 6th really? I have totally missed you guys/gals out there, but I’ve just not been on the computer really unless it was to look up symptoms of my poor kitty (who was having quite the upset tummy/bathroom) since Jan 1st *she has improved since then and I’m still keeping VERY close eye on her.

I’ve been able to sneak in a couple of FDs and a couple of OMADs and that has kept me pretty much in range.

Not really a gain or loss from Dec – yay considering I was not at all into counting ANY calories and I did have some nights crunching on chips/crisp (which I am losing my delight in… and while in one respect that is great news, I confess I am a little disappointed.)

I did find that straight up FDs were a bit more challenging and found that I did love having some broth when I got up in the morning on the couple FDs I managed. I will guess it is from the increase in sugars or starches that I indulged myself with over the last 4 weeks!

Catching up on post!

@flaquita – the bathroom squats are just a great Idea, I will need to work that into my routine! LOVE IT!

@basyjames – noting your comment about the scales going up after 2FDs and workouts: make sure you are drinking your water. I have noticed that after workout days (or a workout in general) if I don’t get enough water my body holds on to more weight/water. Seems ironic to drink water to get rid of water/weight, but I have seen and felt a difference. Otherwise it also sometimes takes 2 days for results to show up on the scale. You got this, keep at it!

@angrypony – Ha! I too had a grouchy pony! Funny enough I did not want a pony (my parents got it from trading some goats) The pony was older but still pretty lively and yes while riding her she would buck and try and throw me off. (Thank heavens there were no low branches she would have totally done that to me!)

@binklebonk – read your post about weighing after Tea and shower! Don’t weight after you drink liquids and/or take a shower. Your body absorbs water even in the shower. I have experimented with this idea and I always weight at least 1lb more after a shower than before the shower.

@basyjames – ✿.。.:*🎂✿🎉☆:**🎊:. Happy Birthday .:**🎊:.☆🎂✿🎉*.:。.✿

@at – reset is always nice after good company and food! Good luck on your morning of Broga and coffee! I make breakfast for my SO on FDs, so its always Black Coffee for me too!

Day 6 Pocket List

@daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2
    @ccco
    @rabbette

Day 6 FD Canton OH

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. I had a quiet reflective day with my family and I did not over-indulge #win

@i hate lettuce great reason to head to the shops

@flaquita yay for signs of progress!

@jml60 welcome to a fun and fabulous group, your goal is achievable and you are with the right group to do it

@caroline esty-akporokah, I am originally from Nigeria! I thought your name sounded familiar but I did not want to assume

@ciren2 I really love breakfasts too. Every once in a while I enjoy having breakfast for dinner on some of my FD, that way I do not feel deprived and can still follow TRE

@funshipfreddie hmm, curious thought – the gender/brain thing

@flourbaby – truth!!!! No solutions to emotional problems in the refrigerator

@Rabette – you are right about the water drinking; I used to be a water drinking champ and somewhere along the way lost my mojo – need to get it back and working my way towards that. I did register a 3 pound loss when I stepped on yesterday. Regardless what the scales report I know this WOL works and I intend to stick with it, I can’t wait to celebrate my new numbers after 90 days!

Day 6 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @basyjames

I am really struggling to get into the swing of this!
    First full week of work after Xmas and New Year. I was going to have a FD yesterday, but a new person started at work and I had to sort morning tea for everyone. I ate mostly little bits of cheese and strawberries, but ended up grazing bits through the day. Then polished off a bottle of bubbles with my sister when I got home. I had a dinner of smoked salmon and a big salad, but I am sure I went well over 800cals, definitely way over 500cals.
    I did go for a 6km walk, but I don’t think that makes up for all the scoffing and wine.
    I guess all I can do is try again – aiming for another FD on Thursday…

Good evening everyone I hope you are all well.

I managed to come in around 550 cals today which I’m fine about. I’m going to do a sensible day tomorrow and Wednesday and another fast day on Thursday.

Onwards and downwards

Karen

Day 6- Cork,IE – FD

Late posting today but better late than never 🙂 Managed to remember to take my lunch with me today so as to resist the temptations of the work canteen. I am pleased that I am managing fine on the 800cals per day for the moment. I am splitting them across 2 meals, lunch at around 12:30/13:00 and dinner around 18:00. I am drinking plenty of water and herbal teas along with my beloved coffee. One of my colleagues brought in a load of sweets from a trip abroad and I am proud to say that I resisted them all, I wasn’t even tempted. Small steps….

@rabbette Glad you liked the idea of the squats, it’s been a game changer for me. I have now started varying the type of squat to target both inner and outer thighs. I drank so much water in work today that I had frequent visits to the bathroom and my poor thighs and glutes are feeling it now 😀

@jml60 welcome to the group. I am new to this WOE as well but there has been great support as part of this challenge.

@cristyb well done on the run. I am building up to getting more activity into daily life.

@ccco Crowley is quite a popular name here alright 🙂 Trinity has a lovely campus, my friend did her MBA there and I attended her graduation and thought it was beautiful. TBH you have probably seen more of Dublin than I have as I only ever seem to go there with work 😀 I lived in Spain for a few years and saw more of Madrid than Dublin 🙂

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Day 6 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @basyjames
    @flaquita

A really hard day on the deliveries today. We had to go to EVERY house (I have over 500) because the local council decided to tell everyone how we’re going to get an “improved” recycling service from March (meaning, in part, that garden waste will be collected every two weeks instead of weekly!) in return for a new large weekly food bin!! So, I went over my time by about two and a quarter hours.

I also used my new step-counter…..which on test walks had seemed fairly reliable…but it can’t be. During my day of work I seemed to have taken over 31,000 steps!!! Surely not?

Day 6 USA (Illinois) ?Day…

I had Silver Sneakers (SS) this morning, and as of now (1400) I still have not eaten. Might just end up being a FD? I do that sometimes. Unscheduled non-eating. Our SS instructor is a RN who really preaches healthy eating. She’s also a new proponent of IF. Today she talked about starting the day with exercise and not carbs/sweets that so often are breakfasts. I found this interesting article about how to keep insulin spikes away:
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322947.php

then about salt cravings (really ME!)
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319866.php?iacp

@lilymartin – I also love to cook. Cooking healthy can be the issue!
    @dykask – so sorry to hear you lost your hard drive data. Luckily for us, our DD worked at a back-up company and gave us the employee discount, so for just $10/month everything is continually backed up. Used it when a lightening strike took out one of our computers. Well worth it.
    @matpi – your goal for this month sounds very reasonable.
    @jaifaim – hope your lung infection heals soon. No fun at all.
    @angrypony – I would be lost without MFP telling me my calorie intake.
    @daffodil2010 – I feed birds all winter long. Love seeing the songbirds especially – mostly against the snow.
    @i-hate-lettuce – walking in fresh air is far and away the best. My exercise class is in a basement of the fitness center, not nearly as nice.
    @rabbette – so glad to see you are back!Here’s to a great 2020.

Onward and downward.

Day 6 – Cork, IE – FD

Has anyone else had issues with posts not appearing? I put a longer post up earlier but it seems to have disappeared into the ether 🙁

Too tired to rewrite it all so I’ll catch up tomorrow. For now I am posting to say another day completed successfully and it’s motivating to have the support of the group here 🙂

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week!

Day 6 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @basyjames
    @flaquita

Day 6 Canada FD

Happy to be joining the troops fasting today. Will catch up on posts later when the need to eat kicks in!
    @flaquita I have lost posts as well. I think what happens is that you are logged out if you take too long, the top of the screen shows you are logged in though which is a bit misleading. I always copy my post before hitting send just in case!
    Hope everyone is having a successful day 🙂

Day 6 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dykask (wfd)
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @lilymartin
    @jml60
    @karen250463
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @suki2
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @basyjames
    @flaquita
    @bellyblast

USA Day Was a FD

Oh, well! I faltered! Thankfully, tomorrow is another day! 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 709 total)

You must be logged in to reply.