January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January: new year, new resolutions. Join this great group!

This topic contains 708 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Flaquita 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 709 total)

• Day 29. NFD. Leaving the madness of Naples for Salerno today. Pretty much every eating place here is a carb fest. It’s like the Mediterranean diet is unheard of. You would expect all Neapolitans to have diabetes, there are so many refined carbs around. We managed to find a great place ( called L’Etto, just in case anybody comes here…) which served loads of vegetables, chicken, fish, grains – lovely food, and you helped yourself to whatever you wanted. My favourite kind of place. No pizza eaten here, or ice cream. Just didn’t fancy it. But there will have to be some serious fasting done when I get home in three weeks time. Gulp.

Day 29- Atlanta, Ga.- USA- FD

Will someone please repost the link for February? I can’t find it. Thanks!!

Day 29 Oxfordshire, Uk CD
    Quick check in today. Feeling V hungry. Although dont have TOM anymore just wondering if there’s still some sort of cycle, as sleep has been bad this week too?
    Trying to be in control.
    On the plus side have just planned menus for Feb, so no excuses.
    Have a good day.
    @daffodil2010 stay strong, you will get your mojo back soon, I’m sure

Day 29 UK ?FD ?CD

Yesterday’s B2B actually worked. A OMAD supper of parsnips, sprouts & veggie “chicken” fillets – without the butter it would have been under 500 calories but much nicer with :)- plus two tiny clementines. Ending up at 700 which will do me just fine.

This morning I weighed in down a little again, almost back to where I was 10 days ago, but not claiming anything until Friday. And even then it’s just about the tracker, to keep an eye on what I’m doing and how it’s working rather than about success and failure. All too easy to get judgy with ourselves. I’ll be delighted to end the month under 154 – or at least to have stopped the upward momentum 🙂

More importantly, after another early night, with a sunny morning and a day at home ahead, I woke up feeling a bit better and a bit more settled. Still aware of my general fragility tho bc finding small things disturbing my equilibrium.

@daffodil2010 I’m also 10lbs up on what I was last year, when I was also fed up with the most recent plateau. And none of my clothes fit at present xc the baggy or v stretchy ones. DG I’m not a fan of shape-hugging stuff or i’d be Really Stuck! Luckily I love my green patchwork yoga trousers as i’ve been living in them

@penz @lilymartin @betsylee good to hear from you, tho sorry you are experiencing similar struggles 🙁 There’s something v heartening about knowing we’re not alone with our experience, and something v liberating about being honest with ourselves and accountable here. So keep posting, it’s the best way to keep facing forwards.

I’ve got great leftovers in the fridge and trying to eat more mindfully, so tonight looks like being vegan bolognese with mashed parsnip, sprouts and spinach. If I can make it a OMAD that’ll do me nicely, perhaps with baked apple or cacao yogurt. Tomorrow I’ll hit the fruit & veg stall and stock up on some crunchy veg to get me excited for next week – nothing like colourful crunchy things or spicy bright soups to keep me on the straight & narrow.

Onwards. Sun is shining – yay! – not yet stretched, meditated, or done project work. Keeping that to a max 3hrs today and prioritising self-care. Today that looks like a quiet morning, plenty of water, marmite tea, an hour wrapped up warm & reading in the sun, early supper, bath and sleep! All the dfoundation stones that make good choices possible.

Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can x

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

Thank you all for being SO TERRIFIC with support, not only for me and DH (who is getting stronger all the time – sepsis was the diagnosis besides mono!) but for any struggle our little band seems to have.

I am one to agree that planning and the LONG HAUL is the answer. Our WOL is exactly that: LIFE! I’m coming up on 4 years beginning 5:2, losing 35 pounds over 10 months, and maintaining it. This forum has kept me lighter and sane.

@i-hate-lettuce – what a brilliant report from your medical check-up! Isn’t it fun to see the look on the face of the one weighing and charting you?! Yeah! What will it be like in another year? Keep on keeping on.

@notmyrealname – welcome back. With this forum, you will succeed. I think someone has volunteered to be February host?

@basyjames – yes, love Dory and “keep swimming.” This place helps us all keep our mojo.

@emerald32 – hope your light-headedness isn’t a problem for fasting. I know with low blood sugar, one can feel badly.

@michelinme – you are ever so eloquent about your life and so encouraging. Hope your virus is over quickly. Thanks for being here!

@daffodil2010 – this group has brought me to happy tears too. Amazing, isn’t it? We really do care about each other.

@penz – thank you for your constant encouragement and support!

@lilymartin – yes, despite socializing and entertaining, we can do this! You understand how it all works.

@ciren2 – glad to see you pop in

@alliswell – welcome! Yes, ALL IS WELL!

@funshipfreddie – cliche or not, we know you are sincere.

@betsylee – sorry you are not feeling well. Hugs to you.

@sallllllllly – thanks for your kind words. You’re welcome to lurk and read or post and join in the fun of posting!

@flourbaby – yes, sleep victories are good.

This weekend sounds like it will be challenging for many – USA has Super Bowl with lots of parties that include drinks and grazing around tables of wonderful goodies. I had not heard of 6 Nations Rugby, but sounds very similar in the eating realm. Plan ahead!

Onward and downward.

Day 29 Canada FD

Haven’t posted for days, we have a full house and I’ve only managed to quickly read posts each day 🤓
    It’s been a holding pattern for me, no loss and no gain which is just fine. Fasting today and tomorrow will reset things 🙏
    @michelinme glad you have turned things around 👏
    @emmataylor but such carbs!!
    @songbirdme so glad your DH is home xx
    @daffodil2010 hang on you can do it 💪

Day 29 pocket list
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @bellyblast

I can do it 💪🍏👖

As far as I know (!) it was me who volunteered to do February, as I have a week of holiday coming up. So, fear not folks….as all will be well. I haven’t done the link yet, but will soon.
    Can someone do the spreadsheet….in due course?
    Thanks.

Day 29 second post

@ciren2 yup, you for Feb & me for March 🙂 hopefully I’ll have some more mojo by then – it’ll be lent after all!
    @bellyblast thank you 🙂 and well done for not gaining with visitors!
    @songbirdme glad DH is recovering, that sounds really serious x

Popped back to put myself on the pocket list before my OMAD early supper. Accountability is a wonderful tool

Today is 20th anniversary of my sister’s death. I’ve been pondering time & ageing, being known & knowing ourselves, and the importance of finding time to look at big skies. Life is short and precious.

Day 29 pocket list
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme

@therealwil78: Here’s the link you asked for.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/february-challenge/

Let’s all get MOTIVATED!

Day 29 Canton OH CD

Small changes add up to big gains!

That’s my motto for the month of February; January was not perfect but it was a good start, and I am determined not to let the quest of perfection prevent me from appreciating the ‘perfectly good”

Looking forward to my breakfast sandwich chaffle that I prepped for lunch today

Day 13 NFD Ireland

FD yesterday went well. I stuck to 500kcal as on previous fasts I have gone slightly over with a banana. I also did a fair bit of walking so am feeling a bit wiped out today. Not very productive, no shopping done. I like to be organised and have a meal ready for FDs but looks like i’ll have to wing it !

@songbirdme glad to hear DH is home & on the mend. My light-headedness was high blood pressure and which I now take a tablet for so its well under control.

@flourbaby, I can identify with the duvet on /off routine and the tossing and turning and restlessness is wicked. My leg used to get sooo hot I was in & out of the bed like a yo-yo. I still get hot flashes though the rest seems to have eased, so hang in there.

Day 29 – Cork, IE – NFD

The last 8 days have been hectic and while I have been reading the updates as they come through to my email, I haven’t had a chance to post. Hope everyone is doing well in the last few days of the Jan challenge.

I have been doing ADF for the past 10 days and following a Low Carb Healthy Fat (LCHF) WOE as I find it easier not to eat for 24 hours rather than having to count calories and the LCHF with unprocessed foods makes satiety much easier to attain. My weight hasn’t changed much in the past week but it’s that time of the month so I am happy to maintain the current weight to be honest 🙂 I have definitely lost volume on areas such as my arms and thighs, of course I didn’t measure these areas when I started 😀

A few of my colleagues have noticed a difference in me which is heartening but the most important thing for me has been my mood. I am feeling much more resilient and able to deal with issues and aggravations. Long may this feeling last! I am travelling with work for the next 2 days but will make sure to post on the last day of the challenge!

Thanks @ciren2 for being the February Fearless Leader! 🙂

Day 29, UK, NFD

Its been an OK day, I think I’ve been really good and ate sensibly, well done me 😁 hehe

@notmyrealname welcome back, you made the right decision to re-join us 🙂

@sallllllllly good to see you posting here and good to know that this group helped you, just by reading. I know it does help me 🙂

@suki2 , regarding TOM: “Although dont have TOM anymore just wondering if there’s still some sort of cycle” – I was wondering the same. I noticed certain things when TOM should happen, and I’m starting to think that our bodies remember and go on doing whatever they’ve done for years, even though its not needed any more? I’m sure there is something going on there 🙂

Tomorrow is a new day and a new FD, lets stay strong 💪

Have a good evening everyone 🙂

Day 30, FD, Aus

What a great bunch we all are!! And for that we deserve a pat on the back.

Day 30 pocket* list
    @penz
    @shinything (getting you in early!)

* I typed picket by mistake. Then I thought, that’s awesome. We’re really picqueting the line and holding back from excess calories!!

Day 29 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 28 — NFD

Well, yesterday evening I got busy researching a topic and the time slipped by and before I knew it, one o’clock had chimed and I had forgotten to log in here. Time wasn’t the only thing that slipped by. For Monday evening’s meeting it was my turn to bring snacks, so I made some up, but didn’t partake of any, since it was a FD. How virtuous I felt! Yesterday while I was doing the research, I snacked quite freely, so by one o’clock, all the leftovers were gone. So today definitely had to be a FD.

@ciren2 Thanks kindly for hosting February!

@flaquita This may sound really dumb — but how do you get the new posts sent to your email? Is there an option on the site that I’ve missed? Hope your work travel goes well!

@basyjames That’s a great motto! Last Saturday the scales showed that I had lost the 3 lbs that I had gained the week before, so it looks as though I’m ending January at the same weight as at the beginning of the month. Definitely would like to get back into the maintenance range.

Patient endurance attains to all things!

Day 30: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@songbirdme: Sepsis! Phew….your poor DH….so glad all is on the mend and they diagnosed him correctly and on time. Apparently sepsis can arise from any kind of infection…even a small scratch. So, thank goodness he’s going to be ok. Now you look after yourself too xx
    I went for an Hba1C blood test yesterday to keep ahead of any diabetes (our family is full of it, and I’m a sugar-addict). Really I should be tested annually as routine, but I always have to ask for it and justify myself. Luckily the current doctor didn’t demand my reasons! I’ll ask for the results next week. I’m also getting an X-ray to investigate the continuing pains, and pins and needles in my legs.
    Time for work….two more deliveries and I’m finished for a week!

Hey @matpi, when you post in the forum there is a little tick box underneath the space where you write “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, this sends an email notification any time someone responds.
    Also at the top of each page of posts (near the page numbers), you can save the forum as a favourite which subscribes you to posts. I have both ticked so not 100% certain which is more effective but I get notifications every time there is a post and the body of the email shows the content of each post.

Running out the door now, have a great day!

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Today’s weigh in shows that I finish the month the same as I started. Still 10lbs higher than 6 months ago, still 16lbs higher than where I want to be, BUT, it’s been a challenging month so am grateful that I maintained instead of gained.

Small mercies indeed. Your words re your sisters anniversary resonated with me @michelinme, life surely is too short and we need to stop and look at the blue sky.

In the same vein, my dearest friend is retiring from work tomorrow and I have been asked to give her presentation speech (as we now work together again after 22 years…best friends in work and forever is my theme)….and just remembering all the good times that me any my colleagues have had made me realise that we should really be on the moment as much as possible.

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow still to come, we can only change and have control over the NOW.

On that note, have a great Thursday, and have a great month end.

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Sending mojo to all who need it. Is there an emoticon for that? 🤪

Last FD for January! Let’s do this, Thursday fasters 💪

Day 30 – Pocket List 🍏

@penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30 – FD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    CD rather than a FD in the end yesterday.,, today will he my last FD this month… hopefully I see a good result for all the hard work this month staying off alcohol, reducing sugar and changing my exercise regime…and I think I will as this morning a noticed the trendiest change in Tummy shape. We will see 👍
    @songbirdme my god I’m glad to hear your DH is ok…, sepsis can be very serious – won’t dwell.. – and I didn’t realise until very recently that it can actually arise from any infection not just cuts etc… mind him 🤗
    @ciren2 you are amazing – you are so committed to this WOL even when you find it hard going..thank you for looking after February 👍. I have offered to look after May as think we have match and April covered but definitely recommend it to anyone who thinks they would like to give hosting a go…
    @flaquita when others notice you are definitely winning!!!! 😁 well done!
    @michelinme sending you hugs 🤗 and I hope you got through the day ok
    here we go!!! Last fast day of the month…. come in eeeryone… one last push towards the finish line… 💪 🏁💪 🏁
    Day 30 – Pocket List 🍏
    @penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Second post
    😂😂 damn autocorrect… *tiniest not trendiest 😂😂😂
    Actually lots of typos today… rushing….. 👍👍

Day 30 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Wow, busy post day yesterday! Big push for end of Month ready for start of next?

@EmmaTaylor – Don’t worry about holiday weight gain, jump back on this wagon and it’ll soon go!
    @songbirdme – You refer to my recent good results from medical “What will it be like in another year” I wonder what it would have been like if there hadn’t been so many holiday feasts the back end of 2019! But hey, it was worth it, better now that I was when I started!

At last, looks like a clear day weatherwise, long steady walk today!

Take care all

Day 30 UK FD

Unusual Thursday fast for me , off to yoga now Catch up later

Day 30 – Pocket List 🍏
    @penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 30, UK, FD

I’m off to the dentist so hopefully by the time I get back it will be time to break the fast, therefore more chance for success 😉

@penz thank you for getting me in early!! Love it! 🤗

@michelinme sending you lots of hugs 🤗

Will probably do another post later in the evening …..

Have a great day everyone, and all the fasters today, stay the course 💪

Day 30 UK FD

Yesterday I settled down to eat a huge pile of veg for supper and found myself slowing down and eating mindfully – my body didn’t want to do what my brain was trying to! And I slowed to a halt with about 1/4 left bc I was full. Finished up with stewed apple and yogurt about an hour later. Total 705 calories – yay!

That’s an astonishing B2B2B banked – and I’m going to try to make today a 4th at 800 calories. With any luck this will reverse most of the gains of last week, and help me to end January back where I started – snap @matpi! Still 7-12 lbs up on my previous plateau weight, but I’d definitely settle for 140-145 now.

Feeling really gloomy today. Back to dark grey cloud and a sense of oppression. I’m picking up negative vibes from all sorts of places – politics, news, project work full of demands rather than recognition.

I need to keep grounding myself not to be overwhelmed by it all but to keep practicing good self-care and focusing on the moment. So easy to regret the past or fear the future in any aspect of our lives, but now really is all we have… And now can always be different! Start where we are, use what we have, do what we can…

Day 30 – Pocket List 🍏
    @penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme

Day 30 Oxfordshire, Uk FD

Had my early yoga class this morning so I didn’t break my fast until 11.30. then its fish for dinner. so should be around 600 cals.
    I slept so much better last night, so much so that the alarm didnt really disturb me as it should have done this morning. 🙁
    I will try for a B2B tomorrow if I can. Then I can start February the way I mean to go on.
    Don’t know where January has gone though.
    Pocket List 🍏
    @penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @suki2
    stay strong everyone.

Day 30 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for the past couple of months, still doing my regular Monday and Thursday FDs but I haven’t had the headspace to commit to daily posting on the forum whilst I have been coming to terms with mum’s death. Clothes still fitting well despite using a lot of red wine as an emotional crutch. Moment of truth will be tomorrow morning when I step onto the scales for my end of month weigh in 😬

Putting myself on today’s pocket list for company and planning to join you all again in February.

Pocket List 🍏
    @penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @suki2
    @missybear

Keeping on keeping on!

Day 30 Canton OH FD

I had my chaffle sandwich in the afternoon, then for dinner I had a small bowl of almonds and cashews and some shredded beef and shrimp along with a glass of sugarfree cran-pineapple juice. I felt comfortably full and had a somewhat restful night. My sleep quality is not what it used to be; one the joys of being premenopausal but this WOL helps a lot.

@matpi congrats on losing the 3, onward to goal!

@songbirdme sepsis is some nasty stuff, I am so glad DH is on the mend

@flaquita congrats and well done

January just kinda flew back. @ciren2 thanks for hosting February. I definitely plan to be there

Pocket List
    @penz
    @shinything
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @basyjames

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Almost done with one of the longest months of the year! We here in northern North America often think of January as our deep freeze month!

Talked to a man yesterday who told us his grandfather also contracted sepsis from dental surgery, but he waited to long to seek treatment. The infection took his life. I will take credit for getting DH to the emergency room when I did – he really didn’t think he needed to go. Yeah me. 🙂

@bellyblast – glad you’re holding strong. That is good!

@michelinme – yeah for accountability! So sorry you lost your sister. That’s hard to bear, but we do know life can be so unpredictable.

@basyjames – perfection, though amazing, is completely unattainable. Glad you’re happy with striving for it though! I just got a new George Foreman grill that has waffle plate. I’m anxious to try a chaffle.

@emerald32 – playing FD’s by ear is just fine. But then again, I am a musician who does play piano by ear…. ha ha!

@flaquita – glad to hear our WOL has improved your mood. Many of us who have done this a while agree that it is often easier just to not eat. Thanks for the info about email option – I found it overwhelming as I get so much junk mail.

@shinything – yes, well done you!

@penz – adorable. Love our Picket List!

@matpi – we do feel virtuous in our strength and willpower. Nothing wrong with that.

daffodil2010 – retirement is great. Did it myself in 2012. Hope your dearest and best friend does enjoy it too. How did your speech go?

@jaifaim – changes in shape, all good I hope. And trendiest is good too! 🙂

@i-hate-lettuce – indeed, what if we hadn’t found our WOL as well?

@shinything – I don’t mind exercising or appointments on empty stomach. Hope yours went well.

@suki2 – yes, January has flown by!

@missybear – glad to see you pop in. Will look for you in February!

Onward and downward.

Day 30, London, UK, FD

Late check-in from me I got locked out of the site this morning.

Yesterdays’ FD turned into a CD since I thought I would trial the ‘handful of cashew nuts before bed’ method to help me sleep, I may not stick with it as I couldn’t stop at just 1 handful and those little calorie crescents of yumminess tipped me way over my 500cal FD!!! ……………………. AND my sleep was no better!!!

@songbirdme, so glad Mr @songbirdme is on the mend, sepsis is super serious!!! Only one thing to say to his reluctance to seek help ……….. “Men!!!”

Weirdly enough, the first part of January was soooo hard, simply because I had been off work for 2weeks at Xmas, and getting back into the FD groove was a hard slog, this last couple of weeks has seen the mojo return and exercise increase and my resolve is strong!!! If only the $*@~#ing scales would take notice, all would be right in my world!!!

@daffodil2010, I’m guessing your emotions are all over the shop at the moment, with the re-emergence of TOM etc. I’m sure the speech will come from the heart, so beware …………………… there may be blubbering!!!

@basyjames, I think I’m in that perimenopause phase (who knows!!), how have you found fasting helpful? I used to sleep so well helped by magnesium, now these intense hot flashes, like waves across my tummy occur mainly at night, but a few during the day particularly after I eat spreads up to include my ears(!!) I had wondered if it was ‘Gustatory sweating’ thanks to Mr. Google, now I’m not so sure! If fasting helps, I may never eat again, ‘cause I absolutely hate the way they make me feel!!

Anyway, work to do. Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 30- Atlanta, Ga- USA- CD

This month has been good to me. Down 8lbs. Looking forward to February!!!

Day 30 Canada FD

Looking forward to today and getting that light feeling 😊

Thanks so much for hosting @songbirdme 🌹🌹🌹it’s been a great month I’m looking forward to wrapping it up tomorrow. Definitely in for February @ciren2 thanks for being our leader 👏👏

I’m going to do this 💪🍏👖

Day 31 – Japan – WFD #8

Been a rough week with work. Today I have a stomach ache but it isn’t related to fasting as I’m still in the normal nightly fasting period. This is a common problem for me.

It seems that repeated fasting in probably much healthier than I was thinking. Basically fasting a couple days a week is a easy way to generate the effects of a nearly 30% calorie restriction. (Well it would if I controlled eating better. 🙁 )

Day 31, NFD, Aus

Good 500 cal FD yesterday. Still finding it difficult to return to my old liquid only FDs but at least this is still within the “rules”.

I brought in some vegie soup for lunch today but I’m so busy I just don’t want to eat it.

Have a good weekend everyone. Sorry for the short post. See you all in February.

Day 30 Ohio, US — NFD

I’ve kept pretty much on task with the eating today, even though it was a busy day. The morning started with the four and half hours for class and travel/lunch, then a pretty intense session with my acupuncturist. When I got home, I found that the outside portion of my heating unit had become a solid block of ice. I talked with the property manager and with 15 minutes they had sent someone over to handle the situation. Part of the problem was that the emergency heating unit had burned out and wasn’t functioning. They replaced that unit in another 15 minutes and now I’m running on emergency heat and will do so until the ice encasing the outside portion of the heater melts, which at the turn into February in Ohio is anybody’s guess. If this had happened in the house I sold this summer, it would have taken a week of fretting (and cold in the house) to get this resolved. Renting is grand!

After all that I’m ready to call it a day. Hope everyone has a great end to the work week!

Day 30 Oregon, NFD
    I’ve not read or posted in over 10 days:/. I was out of town, then immersed in work and family care taking.
    I’m looking forward to catching up on posts tomorrow.
    Last week I had 2 solid FDs and 2 CDs. This week so far 1 FD and the rest of the days I’ve felt very hungry resulting in eating up to and over (tonight) my TDEE. Choices have been carbohydrate driven so I need to get a handle on that.
    @basyjames, @jaifaim, @flaquita (and probably a host of others who joined) after nearly a month of planks, this past Tuesday & Wednesday I completely forgot about doing them:( Odd and frustrating how that can happen just when you think you’ve established a new habit.
    @ciren2 I would like to join in for February please! Thank you for being the host. To a newbie it seems like a daunting task!
    High on the list of my February goals is to participate in the forum in a consistent fashion. I really admire everyone who takes the time to write. When I have time to read (seems like that was before I joined the January Challenge, hmmm…) I really appreciated all the encouraging, supportive and inspiring posts.
    I’m looking forward to February, and I’m starting 2lbs down, for which I am very grateful.

Day 31: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Last day….no fast days again (what a surprise!) but my weight remains in a “maintenance” zone….except it’s about 8 kilos too high!

@angrypony: You did better than me, and you’re down….which is the right direction! Nothing too daunting about hosting…the only difference is making up an intro’ an d being there each day! In my case..I’m not even able to fast…ha…ha!

I’ve got one more day at work, then I must attend to February.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/february-challenge/

See you later xx

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Down a kilo for the month. I’ll take it! BMI just over 22, so I’m happy.

@missybear – welcome back!

Good luck to today’s fasters, & see everyone in February

Day 31 – UK – FD

I can’t believe that today is the last day of this January Challenge – many apologies for not contributing for the past 10 days but I have been lurking in the background and happy to report that I have more or less been sticking to this WOL!

Last FD today for the challenge so will weigh in tomorrow for final weight for January and start weight for February🤞I have remained within my maintenance range……

@rabbette – sorry to hear about your friend’s losses – difficult times x
    @emma-taylor – your story about removing the stone from an avocado on Day 21 happened to a good friend of mine as well – food prep can be hazardous!!! Great envy regarding your Italian travels…..
    @daffodil2010 – what have I have been missing…….Pocket LUST days!!!!
    @songbirdme – so sorry to hear about your OH health issues – but so glad to finally read that he has been diagnosed and an effective treatment plan is in place
    @dykask – thank you for some very interesting/informative posts and links
    @emerald32 @alliswell and @sallllllllly – welcome on board – hope to “see you” all in the February Challenge – do join us as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!
    @notmyrealname – welcome back – hope to see you fully back in the swing of the 5:2 WOL in the February Challenge – join us once more for motivation and inspiration!
    @i-hate-lettuce – I too am looking forward to the start of 6 Nations Rugby this weekend too 🏉🏉

Huge congratulations to those who lost weight small or large; achieved their goals for the month or have successfully maintained 👏
    To those who seem stuck on a plateau -“When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of “rehearsal” for maintenance isn’t the worst thing in the world” 😇
    To those who have struggled or even put some weight back on – Tomorrow is the start of a new challenge – Let us all move forward together “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow” 🤗

@songbirdme – Thank you so much for hosting this difficult January month 🤗💐 Apologies for my limited contribution but I have been lurking and reading for inspiration.
    @ciren2 – Definitely in for February and I’ll get the spreadsheet done and posted for you – many thanks for taking up the baton once more 🤗💐

Last Pocket List for the month – who else is joining me??
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 31 – FD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    I had a very busy day and then a stressful evening but all ok now… so quite a good last FD 👍 end January weigh in today’s puts me 9 lbs down from January 1…. maybe I had a whoosh this week I’m not sure…
    I am so happy and proud of myself for getting back to where I should be in terms of sticking with this WOL, staying off alcohol, reducing sugar and and bring more active…planks,squats etc have helped with the shape…
    I really could just not do this in November and December and honestly for the latter part of 2019 so for those struggling please know that there is hope..I really had lost the plot in the second half of 2019 after a brilliant effort to July 2019… I’m not saying I won’t lapse back into old habits but for the moment I’m rolling with this.
    I do have a work 🎄 night out tonight and will have a drink… after that it may be mid-February before I imbibe again.. so really making the choice to only drink for big occasions… I will look at my weight with interest tomorrow to see what drink can do…
    @songbirdme Thank you so much for hosting us through this month even with everything you’ve had going on in your life 🤗
    @ciren2 I look forward to seeing you in February 👍
    @therealwil78 and all who have lost: well done on your loss… let’s not put it back on… 💪
    @missybear – welcome back … it’s good to “see” you. I hope you are doing ok.
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 – Cumbria UK – MFD

Good morning everyone

@songbirdme – Thanks for hosting a long and busy month, kept the place bouncing!

January is not my favourite month, this one seems to have lacked cold crisp days which are good walking days! However dry yesterday and managed just over 7 miles and ended up with a (light) pub lunch! Despite that this mornings weigh in …. no loss for week, no gain either, so that’s around 5 lbs total loss for the month. The only thing is, it was the weight I’d accumulated the last couple of weeks in December, but now gone.

2 bits of good news from January, the annual visit to the surgery this week was very positive and I end the month at my previous low, so can start February in a very positive frame of mind and a nice position.

Thanks for the company and encouragement during January, see you all in the February pages!

Take care all.

Day 31 Oxfordshire, UK FD
    Yesterday’s FD became a CD as I had forgotten the effects of giving blood. So will have another go today. Trying a new recipe tonight. Hope it’s not too calorie laden.
    My weight has been all over the place this month. But I’m gradually getting closer to my goal. Despite a new years eve gain I’ve managed to lose more than I thought. Just under 4lbs. Since I started in July I’ve lost around 12lbs which I’m really pleased with.
    Looking forward to February.
    Thank you for all your support everyone.

Second post

Sorry I’m not on a FD today… quite the opposite I’d say… 😂

Day 31 UK CD

Yesterday morphed to NFD simply bc I was hungry. After B2B2B I decided not to worry about it, and simply ate tomatoes, cheese, apple, dates & nuts. The difference is I did it mindfully, and stopped!

Today weighing in at 154lbs, BMI just sneaked back into healthy range at 24.9. That’s 4lbs down since Monday, 2lbs down on 1 January. Bigger picture, it’s 10-14lbs up on where i’ve been for the last year. I was last this weight in May 2018, 6 mths into this WOL. It’s a useful lesson and an external, visible sign of internal struggles.

Still feeling down today but keeping going. Small steps. I’ve got a skype shortly then going into town for a meeting, first time n 10 days. So need to be tidy v soon, and ready to leave in 60 mins! Public clothes, papers ready, head into better place. I’ll listen to my meditation app on my way in and hope to arrive with capacity to take part in the small but important planning meeting.

@jaifaim congrats on amazing progress – 9lbs is epic!! x
    @songbirdme thank you for hosting this month amidest your DH health issues. You are a beacon of steadiness in maintenance 🙂

Whatever your month has been like – start where you are, use what you have and do what you can. Today is a good day to make a good change. See you in February x 🙂

Day 14 – Donegal Irl 🇮🇪 – NFD

Morning all , I didn’t get to post yesterday, it was a fast day & it went well even though I was 😱 “winging it”
    @ songbirdme winging it was never my speciality but surprisingly the world didn’t end cause I hadn’t got a perfect pre made dinner !! And sepsis is serious stuff so great you caught it in time. Watch out for visitors with flu and the like as DH system could be a bit weakened for a while. Bone broth & probiotics may help. Thanks for hosting January.

I had my last weigh in for January this morning and I’m down 2lbs pounds, so just under 15.2 stone. So I’m delighted with that.
    Do you all weigh yourselves every week or just once a month? I think I’ll leave it now till the end of Feb. I don’t want to get too focused on the scales but more on the WOL.

@basyjames so succinctly said “small changes add up to big gains” really like that and omg the quest for perfection landed me in so much trouble, the pressure, so I’ve had to completely change my thinking to survive.

@ I hate lettuce, well done on the results you must be on a high, be a great start to February

No beach today too windy, just have to go the road !

Day 31- Atlanta, Ga. -USA FD

Gonna end the month with another FD. I’m down 9 pounds for the month! Whoo Hoo!! Onward and downwards!! See you all next month!

Day 31 Canton OH FD

January has come and gone. I forgot to weigh in this morning, so will take care of that tomorrow. I am happy-ish with the way January unfolded. I was hoping for a 10 pound loss, but that was unrealistic on my part – as it is I think I have lost 5 or 6, but more important – I am physically and mentally stronger because I used to have to do my pushups on my knees and now I can do them on my feet – no problem. I was also able to hold my plank for 2 minutes with a break in between at the 1 minute mark. I intend to continue planking in February. I have a huge bottle of wine that I got on my birthday waiting for me to break my alcohol fast- I am almost sorry to part with dry January, but I have an anniversary trip coming up in February – off to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans with DH- so dry February will not work. But I may pick it back up in March!

@songbirdme definitely yay you! Sepsis takes many lives, largely due to delay in receiving appropriate care, and thank you so much for being such a wonderful host

@flourbaby I have suddenly developed a love of cashews too. Pesky little nuggets of deliciousness and saboteurs in disguise. I noticed that the quality of my sleep is vastly improved when I combine my fasts with low carb foods. The lower the carb content of what I am eating, the better my sleep. I slept like a baby when I tried the fat fast, day 2 was nirvana. I absolutely cannot sleep on my stomach anymore, no matter what I eat – the hot flashes are unbearable. Crazy weird!!!

@at thanks for the words of wisdom, they really help make me feel better

Congrats to everyone, some of us are crushing it and some of us are struggling, but the beautiful thing is that we are all here; and that is worth celebrating. Someone once said that although fasting may not win every battle it is winning the war; and that is truth!! Regardless of where you are in your journey, you are doing everything within your power to take control of your health.

Pat yourself on the back guys; you deserve it 🙂

Final pocket list of the month
    @dykask
    @at
    @suki2
    @basyjames

Day 31 FD

I can’t believe the month is already over! Time certainly flies. I have lost some weight this month but really need to get off this rollercoaster!! Maybe February will be that month! Have a great day, everyone, and see you all in February!

@songbirdme: Many thanks for hosting this month. You’re amazing, considering the worrying time you’ve had with DH. Hopefully you can both put that behind you now xx

Final pocket list of the month

@dykask
    @at
    @suki2
    @therealwil78
    @basyjames

See you for February xx

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 709 total)

You must be logged in to reply.