Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

This topic contains 723 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Floridag1rl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 724 total)

• Happy Friday!
    Congratulations to the 33 years young bride! Good job!
    I have been married for 29 years and it makes the life interesting.
    Enjoy your celebration! How did you meet your husband (if I could ask?)?
    Ratatouille, your remark about R. Davies made me look him up – cool! If you want audiobook of Whole30, I can share it. It was not a ‘light bulb!’ Kind of thing, but I keep looking/experimenting different approaches/ ideas, because I cannot make peace with my eating (overeating) habits, so the search is on…
    This morning I made fluffy ( with coconut) omelet with blueberries- the taste was good, but it did not look good. My husband said he could make it better ( he got permission). The clumsy omelet kept me full till lunch 😉
    For lunch – green salad with an egg and king salmon with broccoli for dinner. I cooked all the meals and did not overeat!
    Do not have my Fitbit yet!
    Talk to you tomorrow

Monday…back to work day. 🙁 FD…Monday’s are always rough for me.

I did have a lovely weekend. It sounded like you were going to be working Ratatouille…I hope that all went well. I’m glad that we are all still here as well…it helps to have a support group here. It’s hard to find support for this kind of plan out in the world… in the US anyway…most people don’t get the concept of fasting, they can’t imagine going without food, and can’t imagine that it can be healthy for you.

Alisa…I hope that you had a nice weekend…discovering new recipes. 🙂 I met my husband while I was in high school, I was actually dating his best friend. It’s not always been easy…but we are both glad that we’ve stuck it out…and now looking forward to the future that is spread out before us. That is why I decided to try this plan…I need to get rid of this extra weight that I’ve packed on over the past several years…I want to stay healthy and mobile, so that I can actually enjoy the years that I have left. Now that we’ve raised our boys…we want to have some fun!

Have a great day all!

Greetings,
    So glad that you are both here. Alisa, I will check out Whole30. Floridagirl – great attitude and goals. It is good to see this.

I am all over the place with my eating. Hmmm. But, I am here.

Today is a FD. Floridagirl – good luck on yours. Alisa, what are your usual FDs?

My weekend was successful business-wise. All good.

Good evening!
    Monday is my eat day, the fasting days are Tuesday and Thursday, so I will be fasting tomorrow.
    Floridagirl, thanks for sharing your story, and you mentioned that you have children, boys – cool, wow! You have a strong character managing men. And I join ratatouille- great goals!
    Ratatouille, good to hear that business is going well. Is it easy for you to communicate with people? Are you enjoying it? I am usually tired and stressed after two hours ( I communicate with computers better) my husband is the opposite he loves talking, he is,actually, a professor at the Virginia university.
    This morning I went to the cycling class and when came back home he cooked a very good omelette for me!
    I am good, did not have binging events in march and did not eat any grains/legumes. I had a glass of wine last weekend with my husband, I thought it was more important, than my diet limits.

Hello! I too am a 5:2 restarter. A couple of years ago, my hubby and I started 5:2 and within one month I had lost 10 lbs. and was down one pant size. However, all the progress came to a halt when my binge-eating habits on ‘feed’ days caught up with me and my progress began to slow and halt and I became upset with my binge eating habits and so chucked the diet. In the meantime, I began doing treadmill faithfully 5 days a week for 45 min as well as limiting my calories to 1500/day (no 5:2 fast diet) and I began to see results. Then I caught a bad cold and that went by the wayside. Plus Spring Break had come and gone and I had lost my reason for wanting to lose weight. Now here I am again. I have for the last month attempted the 5:2 diet with very little success. The first week I lost four pounds (water weight). I have since stayed right where I’m at or…horror…gained a few pounds back. In essence, I am right where I started give or take a couple of pounds. I have lost an inch or so around my waist, which I know is good. I am very faithful on my fast days but…I think once again the type of foods I eat on my feed days are what is possibly sabbotaging me? I stick to the right calorie count, i.e. no more and not much less than my TDEE…I am about to chuck the 5:2 yet again. I should do bloodwork as my bloodwork last time on 5:2 was amazing! I really believe it helps to repair cells and can earn one a fabulous lipid profile! I still do treadmill but only three days a week and only for 30 min I just can’t motivate myself to do more. So here I am.

Good morning everyone, it’s been a couple of weeks since I posted, alot has gone on and although I’ve been checking in reading your comments I just haven’t had time to write some myself.
    Welcome to Hope, we will keep you on the straight and narrow and support is in abundance on this thread. We have all confessed to bingeing every now and then but then we try to move on and get focused.

No idea how, but I hit the lowest weight I’ve been since about last Summer this weekend so I was very happy with that. The weekend saw me put a wee bit back on but I’m now heading back down in the right direction. It’s 2.5 weeks until I want to look nice in my dress at daughter’s engagement party up in Scotland so a lb or 2 off by then would be really good. I’ve got about 4 or 5 lbs to lose before my holiday in June so I’m hoping that’s achievable too.

Ratatouille, you are still here posting even though you feel your eating is all over the place so keeping to what you set out there.
    Alisa, it sounds like Whole 30 is suiting you well.
    Floridagirl, I’m sure intermittant fasting will catch on in the US when they see what health benefits (apart from weightloss)it can give us, just keep going.

As for me, today is NFD so it’s vegetable soup for lunch and chicken with vegetables for tea and hoping not to eat rubbish in between, I’d like to see the lower weight again by the end of the week.

Good luck with fasting today Alisa and have a nice day to everyone.
    Karen x

Morning
    NFD

Hello, Hope, nice to have you join us.

Alisa, good luck with your fasting day. 🙂

Karen, congratulations on the weight-loss…you’ll get to where you want to be, I’m sure.

Ratatouille, how did you do with your fasting day? better than I, I hope.

I totally blew my fasting day, yesterday. 🙁 home alone with “pig-slop” and I caved. It’s left me feeling totally disgusted and ashamed. 🙁 I woke in the middle of the night, and spent a couple of hours berating myself…so now I haven’t had enough sleep…I’m in a pretty foul mood.

I’ve decided that I will watch some of the intermittent fasting documentaries this evening and try to re-energize myself…and try again tomorrow.

Have a great day all.

HI,
    Alisa, For me, I find it is easier to communicate with people when you are passionate about the topic. It took me decades to land upon work that I am passionate about. Good luck with your fasting day. Congrats on a binge free March! Huge!

Hope, Welcome. Gosh, doing 5:2 the way you are supposed to and not getting the results. I know that Alisa (in this thread) has had the same experience. Yuck.

Karen, good to get your post and to read of your success. Congratulations. Wonderful that you can go to major celebration and feel your best.

Floridagirl -grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to the day you had yesterday. Have a solid day today.d

Today I am going out for the day with friends. it will involve lunch out somewhere. My challenge will be to not use lunch as an excuse to eat non-stop for the rest of the day when I return home. I commit to myself that I will be able to give you good news tomorrow.

“talk” to you tomorrow.

I hope that everyone is having a good week.
    FD…I’m going to do this, I’ve got to get back on track.

Ratatouille…I hope that you had a nice lunch and that you remained true to yourself after returning home.

Floridagirl, such a good way to put it — yes, I did indeed stay true to myself after returning home. I have had two back to back days of reasonable eating. Hurray. Today will be number 3. Seems to be that going off of the trail and back onto it — is part of the journey. The main thing is that we keep returning to the trail.

Alisa, how was your Tuesday Fast Day? Tell more about your whole30 food plan.

Slimmedown – where are you?

Savblanc — check in with us. How are you? Have you come up with a new user id yet?

Hello,
    I received my Fitbit yesterday and got busy setting it and learning how to use it. It captured my 6 hours 56 min of sleep last night – I got ‘on track’ feedback. I need to research if it recognizes my indoor cycling.
    Today was my eat day and my breakfast was not whole30 one;-( Just did not have time to make it after cycling class, I ate my favorite oatmeal. There are changes with whole30 and they are uncomfortable. Food is good but planning and cooking need practice. I will try my best to follow in march hope that I manage few recipes cooking fast and efficiently. One thing I do 100% – no weights in for one month.
    Tomorrow is fasting again and yoga in the morning- yes!
    Ratatouille, I liked your answer about communication with people, agreed. Good job on enjoying the lunch and after.
    Have a good NFD, Floridagirl

Well Floridagirl since my last post I’ve had a bad week too, seem to have put on almost 2lbs so not a happy bunny this morning.

Ratouille, I agree going off the trail is part and parcel of this journey and none of us seem to be immune!

Fast day for me today – leek and potato soup for lunch and maybe a weightwatcher meal for evening meal. I hope the weight melts away by the weekend…

Onwards and downwards..x

Good morning…
    NFD

Ratatouille, it sounds like you are back on the trail, awesome! Good luck with the remainder of the week.

Alisa, good luck with your fasting day.

Karen, I hope that you had a successful fasting day.

My fasting day, yesterday, was successful…I’ll be eating today, but being careful not to go crazy and binge…it’s been a rough week emotionally.

Tomorrow is Friday!

Greetings. Good to read your posts. Your posts ground me at the start of my day (I am the west coast of Canada, so about 8 hours behind the UK, and 3 hours behind Florida and Virginia)

Have a great day.

Hi all,

I read all the posts that come through, just have a hard time getting around to posting 🙂

Alisa — which FitBit did you get? I just love mine (charge HR). The heart rate tracking thing is so useful for me. My life is very sedentary (I used to have to walk 2 hours a day just to/from work, now I work from home so I rarely move!) so it’s useful to get feedback when I do the laundry 🙂

I’m doing well. The weight from my work trip fell off quickly and a week later I was back down lower than I had been when I left.

I am about 5 lbs away from my smallest in a decade, so very, very happy right now.

My F-day is over – done!
    I have Fitbit flex 2, unfortunately it does not capture my indoor cycling activities;-( today I went to yoga class in the morning -one hour, then 30 min of aerobics-160 cal out , and 30 min walk outside – 200 cal out. This is surprising aerobics burn less calories than walk?! I still need 83 steps to get to 10,000.
    I was thinking today looking back on my dieting experiences: Was I ever happy with results? In high school I did 21 days of low calorie diet – I was hungry all the time, lost about 4 kg – was not enough for my expectations. I did crazy lemonade diet for 10 days, few years back when it was popular, lost weight, do not remember how much probably because it came back before I noticed the loss. Ten years ago I followed the Rice diet, lost visible amount and, yes, I was happy for few years.
    Did you try any diets with successful results?
    Could you share ?
    Happy Friday to everyone

Happy Friday
    FD

Alisa, congrats on completing your fasting day 😉
    You wouldn’t know it now…but in high school I was anorexic, I just never ate. As I got older (in my 20s) I severely restricted calories…in my 30s the weight began to creep on, I tried just about everything…started to believe that I had really messed up my metabolism. We went to low-fat…that was the fad then…then due to son’s allergies, we went vegetarian for quite a few years…quit working for a while and really packed on the pounds…all that pasta, rice, and potatoes … we did a total 180 and went Atkins, nothing but meat…we did lose weight, but then slowly put it all back on…tried doing Atkins again, didn’t work. Then got really sloppy, gave up…then menopause…I have gotten very overweight. It really started affecting my health and restricting activities…started having trouble with my joints and such. That is why I decided that I MUST do something…and here I am. The biggest thing for me right now is learning about balance, stop with the extremes… although some would consider fasting 2-3 days a week extreme. I am liking the weightloss so far and I feel great! I believe that this is something that I can live with.

SavBlanc…you are doing great, congratulations.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Several years ago now (maybe even 10) I went on a low GI diet 1200 cal/day. I did one cheat day a month where I could eat literally anything I wanted. I lost 21 KG (from 97 to 76) in about 6-7 months. I mostly kept it off until recently when I went back up to 88. I’m back down at 78 and starting to feel better 🙂 I want to go much further this time.

I think it suited me at the time. It was through Tesco, and it gave me a shopping list and a specific meal plan, and it just worked out really well. I’ve tried it since and have been less successful (I like novelty).

Savblanc – doing laundry is hardwork — it has gotten you to the low weight that you are now at!

Alisa, congratulations on the fast day! I have tried so many diets, but the bingeing is what throws everything off. January to now of this year is the longest that I have stuck to something. I am still bingeing unfortunately, but not often, and, if I can say it “more restrained bingeing”?///. What we do to ourselves and our mental well being as a result of body image challenges…… for me food is love, comforting, escape, disappearing —-> I can go down a rabbit hole and come out of it so depressed, but whilst in the hole I feel nothing except gratification. The diet does not matter, it is the wacky day to day eating behaviour that I have. I seem to be managing sort of ok for now. I am down 17 pounds since the start of the year.

Floridagirl, yes, so many of us have this wacky relationship with food. I will say that I agree that 2 to 3 days of fasting per week could be considered extreme, but I like how we are allowed 500 calories. so, it is 2 days of some deprivation and then “normal” eating. Normal is the key word for me. Trying to rediscover that. You sound like you are one focused woman – I look forward to following your success.

Savblanc — lists are good for me. don’t always do them, but when I do it works. Thanks for reminding me.

Have a super day everyone.

Ratatouille, our problems with food sound very similar. It’s all the binging that has gotten me to this place. I totally get, “more restrained bingeing”…I am experiencing the same…now I’ll have 3 or 4 pieces of chocolates and be able to stop myself … it used to be the whole bag, plus some chips, and why not have some ice cream too…eating and eating until I was literally sick. So, yes, I am right here with you learning how to eat normal.

You should be so proud of yourself for sticking with this and losing 17 lbs, that is great!

Good evening!
    Thank you so much for sharing your stories and thoughts. I needed to hear other people to get some prospective and patience too. Floridagirl, maybe your bad eating habits come from the deprivation in your 20s? Your body does not want to starve any more. SavBlanc, my experience with the Rice diet was successful, but I am not sure it would work again, not a novelty! Ratatouille, wow! 17 lb down, sounds like you are doing something right!
    My new best friend (Fitbit) does not recognize indoor cycling as exercise activity, there is a setting Exercise Activity, where I promised to exercise every day 60 min and I got nothing for my cycling class this morning. 10,000 steps I complete if I add 30 min walk to the morning class.
    My eat day went well. Have a good weekend

Greetings all!
    Alisa, why does the fitbit not recognize indoor cycling??? Strange. Is it an exercise category that they did not add to the software?

Arrghh— I went way off track yesterday. You know, I have to come up with a strategy (avoidance?) of situations where I do not control what is in front of me. I went to a jazz happy hour. Ordered semi-healthy off the menu, had two(!) beers (this is ok, not every day, but ok)— When I left I promptly walked into a convenience store and bought a whack of chocolate and ate it all. Sigh. It was not a small bar.

Good Saturday evening!
    I love jazz!!! I go to jazz clubs in NYC, San Francisco, Chicago… anywhere I go. My favorite is the Birdland in NYC. I watched the 30 hours documentary Jazz. Did you enjoy the music?
    Ratatouille, alcohol made you loose it, I know it. Oh, I wish I would go with you to listen to jazz
    My Fitbit ignores my indoor cycling because it uses GPS and I get nowhere on my stationary bike. The new Fitbit Blaze would work, it more expensive, I will think about it…

Alisa, I think that you are right about the alcohol making you lose it. You know, it doesn’t always do that, but in situations outside my home I think that it does. Wait a minute, I had dinner at a friend’s house last weekend, ate way too much, did not stop, and did not drink (was driving). Hmmm. I have left the wrappers from my Friday night debecale (spelling?) on my kitchen counter to remind me of the stupidity of having more than a few treats. Fitbit — ah-ha,I understand now, you are on a road to no-where according to fitbit when you are on your stationary bike (according to Fitbit). I am trying to become more familiar with jazz instrumentals. I must admit that I do not enjoy breathy jazz vocals or the bah-dah-booh,-dooby-do vocal stuff. Last fall I went to listen to a jazz ensemble in a nearby community centre – I was entranced, the music/interplay was brilliant (intelligent?) to me. I am looking for more of that. Do you have any suggestions for me?

I prepped a lovely dinner last night. Had a decent food day. Have start out the day with left overs from last night. Have a food plan for the day. This should set me up for success.

Oh, I had too many snacks today;-( hoping that I will behave tomorrow. There is always something to finish: last few nuts, one spoon of jam… I went for the after dinner walk again, with less enthusiasm at first, but it felt very good in few min.
    Almost 2weeks of whole30 eating – I do not feel any different. I mean I feel good, I have energy, I just cannot loose weight.
    Ratatouille, I am questioning your ‘I ate way too much’ maybe you think it was too much? you were dining with the friends, they would say something.
    Jazz is always different, it is a conversation between musicians. I enjoy listening BB King, Miles Davis. I listened Pat Martino in NYC – was a great show. Swing type of jazz – John Pizzarelli is very good – he makes every song sound like he sings it only for this audience.

Did you see an article in The Telegraph :

Good news for dieters: 5:2 relaxes the rules and allows 800 calories a day

Good morning everyone

Well done to those of you who have lost weight, you are doing something right so keep on doing it. I haven’t had a lot of time to post recently but I’ve been reading how you have all been doing and it’s spurring me on the get to where I want to be.
    Had a blip last week, stress, wine and eating too much rubbish but I think I’ve managed to get a grip of it these last couple of days. I’m starting the week a wee bit lighter that last so I’m going on from here. I have just under 2 weeks until my daughters engagement so would like to lose a lb or so before then so I know the pressure is on to keep to the straight and narrow.

I’m going to try to check in every night with an update on how the day went, maybe that will help, I know Ratatouille does that and it seems to work for her.

FD for me today so unwards and downwards here I come

Karen x

Good Morning…Here in the US we lost an hour over the weekend…it’s so stupid.
    Anyway…FD for me.

I hope that this Monday goes way better than the last. 🙂 I realized that the past 2 Sunday evenings we’ve had dessert…I started thinking that maybe all that sugar the night before my fast, was making my fasting day more difficult…so no dessert for me last evening…we’ll see if that helps…plus I am feeling super motivated this morning. I want to make March a great weight-loss month!

Have a great day all. 🙂

Happy Monday to all!
    Snow is expected in Virginia tomorrow, I want spring!
    I am eating today, good luck to Floridagirl and Karen with fasting, I will do it tomorrow

Karen, good luck with your FD. Keep your eye on the prize for the end of March!

Alisa, thanks for the news on the 800 calories now for FDs. He does state that they must be healthy calories on the FD. Will check out (maybe download) you jazz recommendations. I am going to see and here a Peter Bernstein this coming Friday. I have a friend who will be visiting and she is up for checking out jazz. Cannot believe that you are still not having success at the scales. Truly?

Floridagirl, it sounds like your night before the Fast Day strategy might work. Or, make the dessert some type of special fruit dish, with greek yogurt or something.

I did one fast day last week. Normally I would try for a fast day on Monday, but I have expiring leftovers in the refridgerator, so I will defer until Tuesday. I got a grip on my eating yesterday and Saturday. Whew. 1600-1700 calories, and you know, if I did not have the wine it would have been even better!

Hello
    NFD

I hope that you had a successful fasting day, Karen.
    Mine actually went well.

Good luck to you, Alisa and Ratatouille, with your fasting.

Until tomorrow…

Greetings.
    Alisa – looking forward to reading about your successful fast day. Are you being hammered by the snow in the Eastern USA?

I will be doing a FD today.

susan

Hello all.
    The weather is sad – cold icy rain, gray and damp;-(
    We are much better than NYC and New Jersey, I have to say. Thanks for asking, ratatouille.
    Good job yesterday! To Karen and Floridagirl. Do you plan to stay with 500 cal or even nothing or make adjustments to 700 cal? According to new research.
    I am fasting today and it is going well so far.
    I came across some of my old (well, ten years old) pictures and… I looked good, I looked very good! At the same time I remember that the year they were taken I could not look at them – fat, not photogenic, plain… many times it is all just twisted mind.
    Till tomorrow

I’ve had a few days of not-awesome eating. Nothing wildly out of control, but enough that my weight is creeping back up.

Today’s a fast day. Feels good! I’m starting to love my fast days and how clear my body feels.

Another week or two, and I should have gone from the obese threshold to the overweight, and that will feel like an accomplishment!

I keep saying “Well, if I keep this up I’ll … etc ” and people say “Why wouldn’t you” and it’s just proof that skinny people have no idea how hard this is. My OH and best friend are both naturally very slim people and they have no idea. None at all.

Hi all,
    I hope everyones fast have gone well, mine yesterday did not 🙁 It was fine until after having salad for evening meal then I ate 2 bags of crisps and a bowl of cereal, I felt very guilty afterwards, the scale was up a tad this morning. NFD today and so far its not gone too bad apart from cake at work (very delicious but naughty whoops), Ive had past for evening meal and sharing a bottle of prosseco with hubbie later. Hoping to do better tomorrow then fast on thurs.
    The weathers been really nice here in North East England, quite Springlike and it makes me feel better and want to walk further with my dog so I hope it carries on.
    Hows everyone else done today? X

Mid afternoon on my FD and I am feeling gnarly. Gnarly. I will meet my commitment to myself. I will meet my commitment to myself.

Hello everyone,
    FD for me.

We are having unseasonably cool weather here in Florida, as a matter of fact, they are calling for record breaking low temperatures tomorrow morning. The good thing is that, that will probably be it! for the cold weather ’til December. We always enjoy the lower humidity levels.

I made the decision after the first 2 weeks of doing 5:2 that I would have nothing to eat on my fasting days…I am doing a true water fast. It was just too hard to keep it under 500 calories once I started eating and I also wanted my body to have the full benefits of a true fast. Seeing how slow my progress is, I can’t imagine that I would lose anything if I ate up to 700 calories on my fasting days. I am going to stay with my true water fasts, it seems to be working for me, albeit slowly.

SavBlanc, I hope that you had a good fasting day…and I totally understand how you feel. Don’t give up, keep going…it is going to be so worth it!

ciao

Hi there. I finished a successful fast day yesterday. My goal today is to have a lower nfd day.

Have a good one everyone.

Hello,
    Cold in Virginia, I wish to be in north east England, Karen, enjoy the weather!
    NFD for me today. Good job, ratatouille! And when I grow up I will be like Floridagirl!
    This morning I came to my cycling class and… no instructor. Do not know what happened. Some people left, I did not. Six of us regulars led the class – it was good fun. My Fitbit is driving me crazy. The one I have is definitely for walking people. It recognizes only half of aerobic exercises and makes me go for a walk if I want to reach my steps goal.
    Have a good day everyone

Good morning…fasting day #2 done!…now to keep things under control today. 🙂
    Looking forward to a good Friday weigh-in.

Have a great day all.

Good Morning,
    Alisa, talk about commitment to your fitness. I am impressed that you and others stayed and created your own fitness experience. Your fitbit — sounds like you might want to set it aside until you can get a different one(?).

Floridagirl – so great to read that you are keen for a weigh-in on Friday. That bodes well for good news.

I had an unsuccessful food day yesterday, but I am here this morning.

Have a good day everyone

I did not feel like fasting today. I took off the Fitbit, but still went for a walk after dinner. I am listening a course about opera, each lecture is 45 min which is perfect for my walks. The course is very interesting educational, music is beautiful – I love efficiency.
    …thinking how to become a disciplined eater

Happy Friday…Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
    FD

Sorry to hear about your “off” day, ratatouille…don’t give up!

Alisa, I do most of my walking on a treadmill…which as you know, can be very boring…I usually watch documentaries, I love it! Sometimes I will be so engrossed in the documentary that I will go longer than planned.

I did have a good weigh-in this morning…If I can keep this up and stay very disciplined, this could be my best month for weight-loss since I started in January. 🙂

Have a safe and healthy weekend!

Well, the only commitment to myself that I am meeting this month is to post here. Hurray for that small victory. I have lost the focus/mojo with my food plan.

Alisa, good for you for listening to yourself regarding to FD or not. You have been so focused and disciplined. I would be interested to know what you are listening to regarding opera. I listen to some podcasts regularly (not on opera) and am always on the hunt for new things to listen too.

Floridagirl – super news. Continue on for the month! I saw on the television this morning that Florida and Georgia were hit with frost that has affected some crops. Our weather here has been overcast and rainy for so long. This is normal for this area, except normally we have one or two days of glorious weather to tease us and remind us why we will leave. This year, this has not happened. I think that spring is about 3 weeks behind here.

Have a good day.

“remind us why we live here” not “remind us why we leave” 🙂

Weekend is here.
    Floridagirl- Thank you for inspiring me. I am very happy that things are going well. Keep writing your positive posts.
    Very cool way to watch TV, love documentaries too!
    Ratatouille- happy to hear your supportive words. I did not get upset that missed F-day, but will do better next week.
    My commitment for tomorrow (Saturday) – 3 meals, will report in the evening.
    Ratatouille, answering your question about opera.
    I get audio books (audible.com). There are Great Courses- lectures of universities’ professors. I am listening ‘how to listen and understand Opera’ by prof. R.Greenberg. He is a very good speaker, easy and interesting to listen.
    Till tomorrow evening

… good day today! Speaking of eating habits.
    I had 3 meals, no snacking or binging.
    I will do it again tomorrow, promise!

Greetings! Alisa — super news. Keep that good energy in your day today. Went to listen to Pete Bernstein (jazz guy from NYC) in Vancouver on Friday night. I loved it. He was playing at a jazz club that has a no talk/whisper only policy. I enjoyed my first real exposure to live jazz. Quartet. I liked it. Oh, and I will indeed check out your audible recommendation on opera.

My food eating has been all over the place for the last two days, but that is ok because I had a friend visiting and we went out for good food experiences. I will say that the days leading up to that were just awful (food eating-wise). My friend left this morning. Now, I really need to find my food focus mojo and stick with it to get a sense of momentum again.

Have a good day everyone. I look forward to telling you that I had a decent NFD.
    Bye

… Sunday night. I did it again – 3 meals only, no snacking, no binging! My husband and I just came back from a restaurant- good food. We shared spaghetti squash pancakes with spicy sauce. I had Arctic char ( excellent crisp skin) with sautéed greens and then we shared again fried acorn squash rings with buratta drizzled with honey – very nice! We ate it as a dessert- it was enough sweetness from drops of honey.
    Ratatouille, thank you very much for your kind words. Oh, I am so happy to read that you listened to good jazz, very cool!
    I am sure you will report successful NFD tomorrow.
    I also have an eat day tomorrow and plan to have 3 meals only again, till tomorrow

Here we are…Monday, again…FD for me.

It sounds like you had a successful weekend, Alisa, as far as keeping to your food plan…and that dinner sounds wonderful.

I had a great weekend, weather is beautiful! I ate a little too much yesterday…but I did exercise then went outdoors and gave my lemon trees some loving, planted some micro greens and took in some vitamin D!

I am ready to get back on track today! Have a great week, everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 724 total)

You must be logged in to reply.