Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

This topic contains 723 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Floridag1rl 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 724 total)

• Happy Friday!
    I made it through the week with 2 good fasting days…and today, doing a partial fast.

Welcome, BigK! The plan does allow 600 cal. for your fasting day…I personally, decided that it was better for me to have nothing on fasting days…because I have a problem with moderation. But I have to say, that is getting better after being on the plan for a few weeks.

Way to go! on you fasting day, Karen and Alisa.

Have a great weekend everyone….moderation!

Karen, I hope that you are able to avoid a full on cold and flu.

Alisa and Karen and Florida – congrats on the success FDs!

Myggan, great post. Remember to take it easy on yourself.

I have only done one FD this week. That may be all I do. To be determined.

Have a “moderate” day!

Welcome Big, like ppl have said you are allowed 600 cals (500 for women) on a FD but lots of people find it better if they have nothing. You’ll find what works for you 😃

Well done everyone on your FD’s this week. Ratatouille, 1 FD is still a success!

I did my first day of 16:8 today and really enjoyed it. Only time will tell how it goes for a longer period of time but I liked that I only needed to wait until 12 noon before eating and I enjoyed that powerful feeling of knowing I was choosing not to eat. I had my dinner about 6:30 and whereas normally I would eat a snack about 8:30 (if I wasn’t binging that is!), I didn’t today because my eating window ended at 8pm. So all in all I’ve probably saved myself a few hundred cals today and not felt it a struggle. Fingers crossed that it works out.

Good luck for your FD’S tomorrow peeps xx

Hello,
    It is Friday night. I just read Lotta’s post, the last one on page #4 ( we turned the next page). I know the feeling, all suddenly the good eating behavior is so boring.
    I need to be better tomorrow too.
    SlimMeDown, sounds like it is easy for you to skip breakfast. I just read an article by a nutritionist saying that breakfast is one of habits and can be skipped. As always – many opinions.
    What other people think about eating/skipping breakfast?
    Good night

Morning everyone and welcome to our new member. Nice to see you back SlimMedown and well done on saving some calories by trying 16:8, I’ve heard alot of people doing well doing that too.

Ratatouille, I think (fingers crossed) I’ve managed to avoid a full blown cold and I think it’s because I’ve been using Vicks 1st response. It’s great stuff for warding off a cold and has only failed me a couple of times in the past so I’ll be using it all weekend and hope nothing appears.

Ailsa, I hardly ever eat breakfast and can quite happily go until lunchtime before I eat, in fact I’ve found if I eat early on it just stimulates my appetite and I end up binging on rubbish so it’s best I just stick to just drinks in the mornings.

I can report the lb I put on has melted away by this morning so I’m going for a low cal day today and hope I can melt another one away by tomorrow.

Well I’ll get off and take my dog for his walk so hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Good morning everyone.

Sometimes I wonder if I binge eat because I like the drama/the swings? I hope that that is not the case.

Have a super day. Sounds like, right now, we are all in reasonable places with our eating habits.

I know what you mean ratatouille. I think the fact that we find it almost impossible NOT to binge at times mears that inevitably our minds start to wonder if somehow we WANT to binge. I wonder if deep down there is a part of me that is scared of being slim and the attention that may bring – even though in my conscious mind I know that I would feel great, my husband would find me more attractive and my children would be prout of their fit mummy.

I think really though that these thoughts are just a desperate attempt to give reason to something which has no reason – for whatever reasons we may all have, we binge eat the wrong foods and that is the only fact we can be clear on. I try not to question why anymore but just try to beat it everyday for the rest of my life. Sometimes I win,many times I lose!

Second 16:8 today and very much finding it a success so far.

Hope you’ve all had a good day x

Hello.
    I am sure at the moment that our binging is just a habit. I also stopped to look for reasons why I do it, l am just like SlimMeDown trying not to do it day by day. My habits work the same way good and bad once. I just need to break/stop this bad one.
    I asked about breakfast – I think, I need breakfast every morning and I enjoy it. My dinner is over by 6 pm and I do not eat anything after that (that was not always the case, I worked on it) and at 5 am I go to the health club, so my breakfast is at 7:15am, after 13 hours of fasting. In my culture – eat breakfast by yourself, share lunch with the friend and give dinner to your enemy. Although, in ancient Indian culture, lunch is the main meal, Italians eat huge dinner… habit again?
    I am doing well today, thanks for the posts everyone
    Good day

Whoa, well my evening is not over yet, but I do believe that I have just eaten too much (a lot), but it has not been a binge. I ate too much of good tasting food. I did not inhale everything in my kitchen. Hopefully I can make the next few hours till bed time without going down that path.

Good morning!
    I am seating at the table after breakfast and thinking that I do not make any progress compensating on eat days reduced calories of F-days. This way it is pointless.
    I need 1400 cal to maintain the current weight. In order to loose some weight I need to consume less and exercise to keep metabolism up and burn some additional calories.
    So, 2 – days 540 cal and I am planning the next week menu for 1200 cal on eat days.
    For now I am going to talk to my brother on Skype
    Regards

Hi everyone

Ratatouille I hope you managed to hold out till bedtime last night without bingeing.

I weighed in at a slight loss this morning, the lowest weight I’ve been since my dad died in October so I’m more than happy with that. I know this weight is a sticking point for me but when I get below it I’m probably fine until I reach another sticking point about 3 or 4 lbs down the line. Today is an eat day again but I’m trying to hold out eating much until my tea later. I’ve had 2 clementines (they were needing eaten before they dried up too much) and 2 cups of tea and a latte and my tea will be some nice sausages with mashed potato and baked beans.Tomorrow will be a fast day and this week I’m determined to complete 2 fasts instead of just the one and hopefully another bit of fat will melt away by next week.

Have a good Sunday xx

Monday, February 6, 2017 – FD for me…who’s with me today?
    Busy day at work today…and plans for after work…so I should be able to stick to my fast with no issues.

Have a nice Monday, everyone. Let’s make this a great week!

Good Monday morning here.
    Floridagirl, Karen – I too am making this a fast day. I look forward to posting about mine and reading about yours tomorrow.

Alisa, sending you positive energy 🙂 about the 1200 calories a day on NFDs.

On Saturday I did overeat. Wow, believe it or not this is ok for me. Ideally don’t want to do that, but, most importantly to me is that I did not binge eat. I overate. I had too much good, delicious food, but did not continue on eating anything/everything else in my home. This is a good change in behaviour for me.

Bye for now.

This has been a really tough fasting day…I usually don’t eat anything, but I did have 2 pieces of cheese…just can’t have anything else.

How are the other fasters doing today?

Stay strong, the weigh-in will be worth it!

Good evening!
    Congratulations to Monday FD people! It is over!
    Tomorrow is my fasting day.
    I did fine today eating 1200 cal, went to cycle/strength class in the morning, busy day at work – all good.
    Regards

My fast went ok until I came home and had some chocolate (it was calling out to me from the fridge lol) so although I went over my 500 I did stay well under my tdde and my sunday weight gain is mostly back off again. Eating under tdde again today with soup for lunch again and a chicken fillet with vegetables and a little bit of potato for tea and we’ll see what happens by tomorrow.

Have a good day all xx

Greetings from Florida….
    NFD for me.

Karen it sounds like you and I had the same kind of day…I was ok, ’til I got home…at least I kept it to just 2 pieces of cheese. Good luck, today, keeping it where you want it.

Alisa…sounds like you had a good Monday. Good luck with your fasting today.

Until tomorrow….

Hi Everyone.

Floridagirl — I salute you for stopping at 2 pieces of cheese. For a binge eater this is a big achievement in my opinion.

Karen — you indulged and did not binge. I know that everyone has difference concepts of what binge eating is etc, but in my opinion you were successful in not going a on big binge eating jag. It reads like you have a good plan for today. I look forward to reading about your day.

Alisa, I wish you a successful fast day!

I had a successful fast day yesterday. I have set my fast day calorie limit 500. Something tells me that it is supposed to 25% of my tdee, but the 500 works for me.

Hello, all
    Fasting today, just had my 180 cal lunch.
    Karen and Floridagirl, the ‘coming back home’ moment is a trigger for me to eat. I hate it, I need lot of willpower to catch myself, many times I cannot. Ratatouille suggested to go to this blog and write/read as a distraction – I use this suggestion.
    I felt hungry this morning, eating 1200 cal on Monday, but the hunger went away after yoga class – yoga does suppress the appetite for me.
    Have a good day

Hello…
    FD#2 today.

Ratatouille…thank you…I agree with you, the not binging is quite an accomplishment. Like you, I am having fewer of those events 🙂 And congratulations on your fasting day.

Alisa…yes I had gotten into a nasty habit of eating non-stop after returning home in the afternoon…I’ve been trying to replace the eating with exercise and just keeping myself busy and out of the kitchen…I am so determined to lose some weight…I am having fewer binge events.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi,

I found this while researching the fasting diet. This is my first week on it. I did a little under 500 cals yesterday, so I’m eating normal today. I usually have an issue with wanting to snack on the weekends. I can stick to a healthy diet during the week, while I’m at work. I lost 28 lbs since the summer, but I’ve plateaued. I’ve been very inconsistent with my diet and exercising the last couple of months. I’m going to Disney World in October and want to lose 60 more lbs by then. I’m going to try to do 3 days on fast, but at least the 2. I go to the gym Monday, Wednesday & Thursday and try to work out 1 or 2 days at home. I’m going to wait 2 weeks before I weigh myself. I need to get out of the habit of wanting to snack all day long on the weekends. I’m hoping this will work.

Hi Kim! Welcome. Congratulations on a 28 lb weight loss. I hope that you find the focus and gain momentum to achieve your goal.

Yesterday I was invited (spur of the moment) to a friend’s for nibblies (cheese, crackers, and potatoe chips). This is a minefield for my eating. Indeed, I held out for about 30 minutes and then dove in and binged and actually felt embarrassed (but not embarassed enough to stop). When I came home I continued. I will spare you the details.

Today is a new day.

Have a great day every one.

Good day to all.
    Eat day today for me! Yesterday’s fast was usual-540 cal.
    I am doing well so far with the plan to eat 1200 cal.
    Cheese, potato chips, crackers are not my weakness, I would not be tempted at all. sorry, ratatouille, I would take your debate ‘to eat or not to eat’ because it would be easy for me to make it strong – not to eat. If I could.
    Hello, Kim- our bodies reactions are so not logical, I think.
    Floridagirl- is not much left of your FD – keep it fast;-)
    Regards

Morning all

Welcome Kim we’re a friendly bunch on this thread so if you need support just shout.

Ratatouille, don’t beat yourself up about your binge, it was one day and you’ve been so good for ages, today’s another day so jump back on the train and go for it. We are all allowed a little hiccup every once in a while we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t.

I can happily report to another very slight loss on the scales this morning. I’m fasting today and although I only seem to be able to manage one fast a week and the rest fairly low cal I seem to be moving in the right direction so I’m happy with that.

We can do this 🙂 xx

Good morning all
    Karen- I want your scale! Very happy for your downfall progress! I do not want see my scale, will weigh in in the end of February. I am fasting too today, your fast is half way done ( time difference) i just had breakfast.
    The weather is crazy in Virginia. yesterday was a summer like day – sunny +24 C, today cold – +4
    Ok, going to work now..

Good morning…
    NFD

Ratatouille, sorry to hear about your hiccup the other day…that’s rough on a fasting day…with all that food in front of you I know how hard that is. I echo what Karen said…it’s just one little hiccup in a long stretch of successes. Don’t let it get you down.

Karen…whatever you are doing, it seems to be working for you…keep up the good work.

Stay warm, Alisa

My fasting day went well. I splurged a little at breakfast this morning…I was just so darn hungry. I’ll be good for the rest of the day…and make sure I get my exercise in. I’ll be fasting again tomorrow.

The weekend is almost here! 🙂

Hi,

Question to everyone who has been doing this awhile. On your fast day, do you eat nothing or stick to the 500 calories? Do you eat most of it in 1 meal, or do spread it out a little. What do you find most successful? Right now, I eat breakfast and then a small snack at lunch. Granted, I’ve only fasted the one day. I’m fasting again on Friday.

Hi, I’ve been doing the program for 1 month. I’ve found that if I eat a larger meal (veggies, lettuce, cottage cheese, hardboiled egg etc.) late morning 11AM I have more energy throughout the day. Then at 6 or 7 PM I’ll eat a 1/2 cup of oatmeal and use up whatever calories I have left. It is working better for me than having the normal breakfast meal. By waiting until 11 AM I’m prolonging my fast from the previous day.
    I’m 6′-1″ and started at 195.5 lbs. Today I’m 187 lbs. Gym twice a week and yoga 3 times a week. Hope this helps !

Karen, great news about the nudge downwards on the scale. I too seem to only want to do one fast day a week. I am trying to reconnect with hunger and fullness feelings and being able to listen to my body regarding food. My eating had been so skewed and erratic for so long prior to this(!).

Alisa, burrrrrr! I find those kind of temperature swings are hard on the body. Stay focused and think 5X!

Floridagirl hunger on a non fast day is not good. I hope that managed to satisfy it and then continue on in your day.

Kim, if you read different threads in the forums on this site you will see a lot of people do different things on Fast Days. I think that the book says eat 500 calories or a quarter of your TDEE (not sure which). I know some people eat nothing, others do back to back fast days etc etc. On my fast day I eat a boiled egg in the morning and I do not eat until dinner time. That works for me.

I did indeed have a good nfd yesterday after a binge the day before. Thank you for your support! I am rather proud of myself because it was an unstructured day for me food wise (that is normally when I can go off the rails). I wound up having a very late lunch mid afternoon in a patisserie with a friend. I had a wonderful bagette with a generous portion of ham and cheese. Now, I could not assign an “accurate” caloric value to it. This would normally not be a good thing for me and cause me to continue to slide food wise in the evening (because I am so all or nothing with food), but instead, I told myself “ok, this is going to count as 800 calories (??) and I am going to continue tracking on My Fitness Pal for the rest of the day. And, I DID! I came in just at my tdee. Hurray.

have an excellent day

Hi all, I’m checking in after a bad food day. I’ve been really enjoying the 16:8 and finding it really doable. I was at home all day today and feeling tired and grumpy. So what does a binge eater do in this situation?? Of course! Have a binge and make yourself feel even worse! Gaaaaaahhh! FFS!

Rant over, today is finished. I’ve taken myself off to bed feeling full and sluggish. I’ll stop besting myself up about it now and reset for tomorrow which is going to be a good 16:8 day.

Ratatouille, sorry for your binge day but well done for a successful NFD yesterday. You drew a line under it and got another successfull day under your belt. I’ll follow suit tomorrow 😃

LB well done on your 1st month, it’s obviously working well for you.

Kim, you’ll find what works best for you. Everyone has different ways of how it works best for them. As long as you stick to the calories each fast day then you will get the benefits.

Florida – it looks like you fast 2 days back to back – how is that for you?

Good Friday morning!
    My second F-day yesterday was usual – 540 cal – done!
    I am eating my favorite breakfast now, the cycle/strength class was very good! It is very cold -6C.
    I planned 1200 cal total meals in the MyFitnessPal. Breakfast was 300 cal.
    The app asked me this morning to enter weight because the last entry was two weeks ago. I did, the number was ok, about the same, not closer to my goal for this month.
    Have a good healthy day

Happy Friday everyone!
    FD #3

No, Slim, I’m doing M,W,F with Friday being only a 22hr fast. I used to do 3-5 consecutive-day fasts only to gain the weight right back…that is why I thought that I’d give this a go…not reaching starvation mode and having the body start hoarding and my metabolism drop. This seems to be working much better. Plus, if I’m having a hard fasting day…I can just tell myself, “tomorrow, you can eat tomorrow”.

The rest of yesterday went well after my big breakfast…stayed on track and exercised…liked what the scale said this morning. 🙂

I hope that you all have a great weekend!

Hi,

2nd day on my fast this week. Had 460 Cal for breakfast & drinking a couple cups of coffee today with cream, so thinking about 560 total cals. We’ll see how this weekend goes. I love to over eat and snack when I’m bored.

Slimmedown – I hope that you did indeed have a good day.

Have a good day everyone. It reads like we have good energy happening here.

My intentions are to have a fast day and should I have to bail on it — that it is not a binge day. I am losing some momentum (I think) and keen to boost it back up.

Morning everyone from a very cold and wet North East of England.

Ratatouille, I just want to offer my support and hope your fast went ok yesterday or if not, that you didn’t binge. If it’s any consolation I had a teeny tiny one last night after a good day, 2 bags of crisps and some biscuits but I’m back to being good again today so we’ll see how that goes.

SlimMedown, how are you doing?I hope you put your binge behind you, moved on and got back on the train. You can do this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Karen x

Greetings to you Karen from a very damp and grey British Columbia. Karen, if you are going to wander off the path a small detour versus a big detour is desirable. Good for you for stopping yourself.

Yes, I completed my fast day!

I look forward to reading everyone’s news in the coming days.

Hello from very confusing Virginia!
    Yesterday we had -6C, tomorrow will be +25C.
    I had a very nice dinner last night with my husband and had some wine and cheese – enjoyed. That was over my planned 1200 cal. The work part of the day was a bit stressful – all the problems and issues came at the same time. I usually loose my cool and get anxious trying to decide what to do first.
    My cycling class was great this morning and I just had lunch. There is a new exhibition in the art museum – we will go there today. Our art museum is a great place to spand time.
    I am wondering what hobbies people have?
    Talk to you soon

What mad weather Alisa! As you may know in England we talk about weather incessantly so I think it would cause complete chaos here if we had to deal with that 😂

Hobbies – I love to read and probably get through a few books a week. In addition I belong to a choir (Rock Choir). We are going to be singing at a rugby match at Wembley Stadium soon! Last year there were 85,000 people there.

Ratatouille/Karen – thanks for your thoughts. I have not binged for 2 days and i’ve eaten really well. Unfortunately my weight was up on the scales 2lbs this week due to the binge. I was so angry at myself this morning but feel like I’ve hit a milestone today and the anger I’m feeling will spur me on this week. I’m continuing with 16:8 and I have promised myself this week that I will be sticking to my two meals a day.

Hope you are over your bad day Alisa and have a good day every xx

Ratatouille, it sounds like we are ‘enjoying’ similar weather from both sides of the pond! it’s rained all day in my part of the UK but I suppose I should be thankful I’m not getting the snow other parts of the Country are having. Yay, on completing your fast day, you’re back on the train and going well 🙂

Alisa what on earth is your weather doing, is it Virginia in the US you live? So, my hobbies are, reading, writing to penpals, travelling to other parts of the world when I get a chance and walking my dog (a Cocker Spaniel) Harvey. I suppose walking the dog isn’t really classed as a hobby because he needs walked anyway but when the weather’s good I really enjoy it and it’s good exercise. Last year I attempted couch25k. Basically it’s a running programme for complete couch potatoes to work up to running 5km (just over 3 miles). I was just about to finish the programme and only had the last run to do when I hurt my knee running across the park (it took weeks to get better) and since then I’m afraid I’ve not done much at all. My dad was also ill last year and died in October so my head hasn’t been in the right place to start it again. I’m feeling a bit better about things now though and might just get my treadmill out and finish that programme at last.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends x

SlimMedown, I forgot where in the UK you said you lived? I’m up in the North East in a smallish town called Darlington in County Durham. Well done for sticking to 16:8 and also not binging. I’m sure you will soon get those lbs back off again.
    xx

Greetings.

Hmm. My hobbies? Well, up until 6 years ago it was hiking in the mountains and doing handwork (needlework, knitting) and travelling. Then I had a forced career change and my desire to make things became my job (yippee! but a lot of time and focus). I also now get to travel for my job. So, all day I work at my hobby and at night I take it easy.

The first few years of starting my business were exhausting and I looked after myself by looking after my business – at the cost of my physical well being. Serious overconsumption of food was my reward at night, at home, and on the way home from work. This year my business goal is to achieve a certain amount of sales and to do more physical self-care. I am off to a decent start.

Have a good day everyone. We can do this.

Karen – I’m down in the South West, Wiltshire 😃

Ratatouille it sounds like you get to do something you really enjoy which is great.

So the 2lbs which went on yesterday was off by this morning which is great. I guess it’s the downside of weighing on a particular day (as I go to slimming world to keep accountable although I don’t follow the eating plan). Ploughing on for the rest of the week and being strict with my 16:8 will hopefully get another couple of lbs off.

Happy Monday…I hope that everyone had a delightful weekend. 🙂
    FD today.

Ratatouille, good job completing that fasting day!

Alisa – hobbies…unfortunately, I love to cook, love to try new recipes, love to feed people. Just trying to do it now with healthier recipes. I also enjoy reading. Living in Florida, my hubby and I love to spend time on the water, boating and fishing. We actually have our house for sale, so that we can move closer to the water. Once we move, I may try my hand at some new hobbies, I am actually thinking about getting a few chickens and doing some gardening!

Have a pleasant Monday, everyone.

Greetings everyone.
    Let’s have a great week. A FD for me today.

Happy <3 Day!
    NFD

My fasting day went well…how about you?
    I did bring a small piece of chocolate for lunch today. 🙂

Floridagirl. Enjoy your small piece of chocolate. Happy Valentines Day. I am happy for you that your FD went well.

I had a successful FD yesterday. I am only going to get one fd this week because I am travelling Thursday thru Sunday. Since doing 5:2 this will be my first length of time outside of my home in situations that i did not plan. I am visiting friends. We see each other once a year. My friends are very healthy (normal) eaters which is great. My challenge will be if someone puts some cheese and nibblies out — I need to have none or a bit —-> and not all of it.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning, happy Valentine’s Day !
    Thank you for sharing your hobbies, I enjoyed reading.
    Things I like are: my work, I keep trying to be better at it, taking classes, reading… I practice yoga and take cycling classes; love cactuses, have few of them. It would be nice gardening but summers in Virginia are hot and humid, I cannot stand humidity. My husband and I have been traveling a lot, we visit art museum, concerts…
    Today is my F-day, I am eating the same raw bars.
    I read that keeping a journal helps with weight control. My journal is boring- I try to do/eat the same things, so it is just the same entries on and on.
    Does anyone have a successful helpful diary?
    Regards

Hi Alisa,

Good luck with your fast day.

Yoga and cycling are two opposite/complimentary things to do I would think. One is cardio and tightens muscles and the other is deep breathing and stretches muscles. Am I correct in my understanding?

Yes, humidity and heat are unpleasant. Fortunately, humidity and heat are not a problem where i live. Dampness and cold can be a problem here. It can get into your bones.

I will be in Europe in the Spring and hope to go to Amsterdam for a few days. Art museums will be at the top of my list.

I did start 5:2 keeping a handwritten journal for food/meal planning, tracking of what was eaten. I also did My Fitness Pal to track what I ate. I have stopped the written journal and am only doing My Fitness Pal. I may move back to doing both again. The quiet time when I write in a journal is a good time to focus/remember what is important to me. Alas, I have let it slip. My Fitness Pal for tracking calories eaten is invaluable to me, it is helping relearn what it feels like to eat my tdee (which I have kept high). So far, so good.

Have an excellent day.

This thread is a very good thing for me. On a monthly basis (so far), two things that I commit to myself are that what I must must must do is post here on a daily basis, and to track my eating in My Fitness Pal. My commitment to myself is to do this no matter what my eating behaviour has been. I know that I can be successful at that.

Well I’ve survived 4 days being consistently on track. Fellow bingers you know that this is a massive thing!

Sticking to 16:8 for the rest of the week although it’s turning out more like 18:6 as I have lunch sometime after 12 and then dinner by about 6. For this week I’m sticking with 2 meals and no snacks to see how the scales respond.

Hope you all have a successful rest of the week x

Happy Wednesday…FD #2

Ratatouille…glad to hear that your fasting day went well. I’m with you, I try to come here most days to keep this program and my goal present in my mind, and to create some accountability. Happy and safe travels to you.

Alisa…I hope that you had a successful fasting day.

SlimMeDown…that sounds great, what you are doing…Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

Yesterday went well for me and I was happy with the scale this morning…just gotta keep doing what I’m doing…it’s working! 🙂
    Have a great day.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 724 total)

You must be logged in to reply.