Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

This topic contains 723 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Floridag1rl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 724 total)

• Good Morning

My fasting day went well…and weight is back down where it was on Friday…if I can stick with my plan this week…there will be some real movement on the scale.

NFD…meals planned, just have to stick to the food plan and get my exercise it.

Have a great day, all. 🙂

Good morning, all
    F-day today for me, had my breakfast bar few min ago.
    Just do it, Karen! I understand that it is hard to break the habit. Tonight the crisps and wine will call you again – it is your habit and it comes automatically now, and in the end of the day you are stressed, tired – no strength to resist such powerful habit. Maybe you just need to take a nap or a bath… I am not a fan of baths but many people like baths. I actually tell myself that all I need to do at the moment (when I want to go for a snack) just remain on the sofa, do not move, relax.
    Today is a sunny day, it was rain all day yesterday, I need to attend a funeral – will be very tired tonight
    Regards

Aaargh does anyone else find eating days harder than fast days? I try to keep to my 1200 calories on eat days but oh my gosh, I’m hungrier than I ever was yesterday when I was fasting. I think I could eat all day.

Hi Everyone.
    Welcome SherryAnn. I am from the west coast of Canada. “Due North” from you. I think that you wrote that you were from San Diego. Interesting that you add a monthly 4 day cleanse to the 5:2. I look forward to following your success.

Alisa and Karen. Good luck on your FD. Karen, can you have some kind of a deterent thought ready in the event that you start to stray (eating-wise 🙂 ) tonight? Perhaps tell yourself “I don’t want to have to repeat another FD effort tomorrow”? I don’t know, I know that it is easier than it sounds. I know.

SavBlanc, limiting myself to 1200 calories on NFD would make me feel deprived at all times. I have a TDEE of 1680 and I allow myself to go as high as 1680 and I am finding that I am relearning what a normal(?) day’s caloric intake looks and feels like. So, I really have 2 days of restraint (500 FD days), and 5 days of relearning “normal” eating. Whatever works for you, works for you.

I finished a successful FD yesterday. If you recall, I did not try for a FD last week (just too much going on in my life and I felt too fragile). Wow, last night I wanted to eat alot more than the FD allowed, but fortunately, the key thought of “I don’t want to try (and deprive myself again) for another FD tomorrow because I blew today” won out. A triumph for me! Yeah!!

Today is a NFD. Will try and keep my eye on the prize.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi everyone,
    I can report that I have just about completed my fast day, will end the day on a low cal hot chocolate and be under 500 cals for the day 🙂 I was well under tdde yesterday even after the wine and crisps so not too bad, if I can get another fast day in on thurs or I will be happy 🙂

Good evening!
    Reading the posts I am noticing that we have more issues with NFDays. I am, definitely, good and disciplined on F-days and, definitely need to be better on eat days. What could we do about it?!
    Tomorrow is my eat day. I made a solid meal plan and also will be thinking about all of you – l’ll try to be held accountable.
    Karen, ratatouille, savBlanc – thanks for updates, happy for you!
    A

Great job, Karen!

I did good today with my NFD and got some exercise in.
    Tomorrow will be another fasting day for me.

Good luck, everyone.

Thank you Florida. I went to bed early last night so’s I wasn’t tempted to nibble 🙂
    Not sure what happened when I stepped onto the scales this morning, didn’t lose an ounce 🙁 I’m not getting down about it, I’ve got meals planned for today and will keep under tdde again so I’m sure I’ll lose a little by the weekend.

Ratatoulle, you did well to stick to your fast, especially seeing as how you’ve got lots going on at the moment, I must adopt the thought you used and not self sabotage so I have to repeat the fast the next day like I had to this week.

So onwards and downwards guys
    Karen x

Hi everyone and a big well done to all of you “losers” 😉 Yay!!
    A big pat on the back and keep going.

To all who have reached a platau and/or are struggeling to shift the weight, hang in there – it will happen for you. Even if the kg’s/lbs don’t move your body will be thanking you for letting it have a rest from food on those FD’s. And while you might not see any change in your weight you will hopefully feel better in other aspects.

I’m in the middle of a very hectic work situation but I will keep going with my FD’s. I am back after one FD to my lowest weight last week and I’m happy with that.

Take care all and lots of strenght to your all.

All the best from Lotta x

I didn’t weigh today because I hadn’t lost anything yesterday and I’m getting unmotivated.

But I’ve noticed my skin is improving drastically. This is a very welcome development.

Have a good one everyone, and remember to take it easy on yourselves.

Good evening.
    I behaved today! Did not snack, 3 meals: I had 1 portion of oatmeal with yogurt and fresh blackberries for breakfast; lentil’s soup (vegetarian) for lunch ; salmon and roasted brussel sprouts, no wine. In the morning I went to cycling class. Why I can not be this perfect all the time?! (Here, I expect a clear answer from all of you;-) )
    Tomorrow is the second F-day with yoga class in the morning.
    Ratatouille, I understand, you are busy, but still write more words in your posts;-)
    Great attitude, go Myggan!
    Very happy for your ‘good side effects’, SavBlanc!

Regards

Well done Alisa! Feel proud of yourself – hope you are holding on to the good feeling for your FD too.

I’m fasting today as well. I sent to a health check-up at work yesterday and overall it was good, cholesterol good, bloodpressure good, glucose levels good. Weight…. not so good.
    But I knew that – that’s why I do the 5:2 and I’m here on this forum. I now have a plan for arranging my exercise during the week so hopefully that will help.

Hi SavBlanc – I completely agree with you on the skin thing, same thing for me. I think it’s becuase I don’t really eat cheese or bread on FD’s and of course the lack of alcohol helps.

So – feeling optimistic and a bit galvanised. Unfortunately it’s freezing here in London and all I really want to do is eat masses of toast and drink tea in bed. Not eat small salads and exercise… but if I can do it now then the spring should be a doddle… 😀

Take care all
    Lotta x

Good morning all,

WTG Alisa!

Yesterday was my second fasting day and it went fairly well, I was a little headachy and kind-of hungry when I went to bed, but I made it through. This morning I feel great!

I’ve got good meals planned for today and some exercise…it seems that I do better if I have things planned out.

Planning to do a partial fast on Friday.

Have a great day everyone. 🙂

Hi. Woohoo Alisa! Remember the positive buzz from this. And no, you cannot be perfect all of the time (wouldn’t it get borring 🙂 ? )

Florida congrats on second fast day – check that one off of the list.

Myggan good luck with the FD. “Focus grasshopper, focus!”

Sav blanc — good skin in my mind is a sign of really good insides.

Me? I have come down with a cold or flu. Not sure which. I am going to spend the day at home. I cannot believe (and I am very proud) that I have stuck with this thread (and the January challenge thread) for a full 26 days! I am proud of myself. This is rather unusual for me. The scale is showing a significant loss (it must be alot of water) and when I look in the mirror I notice a positive change as well. I hope that I can continue like this. Need a bunch of small little goals I think. They tend to add up!! I will report my “numbers” for January and my goals for February before the end of this month. I need to get in another FD, it should be today, but not sure if my body is up for it, or if it will be really easy to do. To be determined. I am supposed to go away to a friend’s this Sunday for 4 days — I hope that I can still do that. I feel yucky, but glad that you folks are on this thread.

Hi Ratatouille – wow well done you and congrats on your success at such a busy time. That’s brilliant. And I hope you get better soon and get to go away and have a fab time.
    I’ll keep beavering away and will hope that slow and steady wins the race 😀
    Take care!
    Lotta

Morning everyone

Well done on your loss ratatouille you are going well. I weighed yesterday after a fast and a couple of low cal days and had lost another lb too so happy with that. It’s coming off very slowly but as myggan said slow and steady wins the race. I went out for tea last night and the scales showed a small gain this morning but I’m going to try and fast until tea tonight and hope I lose that again by tomorrow. As long as the numbers are going in the right direction I’ll get there in the end.
    xx

Woop woop, morning all 🙂

Weigh in day and I have broken through the weight wall that has been bugging me for months. I now weigh 69.7kg (153.6lb) with a weight loss of 1.7 kg (3.7lb) since I re-started on the 9th. Not a major amount but I feel I am gaining momentum and this is just the start.
    Unfortunately the kids are home today with colds and temps so I will need to be strong and stay away from the snack cupboard.

Take care and happy Friday to you all!

Lotta x

Congrats on your weight loss Myggan…that is Awesome!

I’m doing a 20hr fast today.
    I’ve decided that next Tuesday will be my “official” weigh-in…to see how I’m doing. I started 5:2 at the beginning of the month. We’ll see how it is going after my first month.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Greetings.
    Blech! This flu sucks. Full on temperature and feeling yucky yucky. I don’t have time for this! I have people to see and things to do.

I ended up making yesterday a FD. Second one of the week. Glad that is over.

I have just read the last few posts and yes, I am sensing optimism. Let us enjoy it while we have it, we know that this is a bit of a bumpy ride. the idea being to make it less bumpy.

Back to the couch.
    Thinking of everyone as you get through a day with out a binge!

Hello everyone, happy Friday!
    My F-day yesterday was good- 540 cal. And this mornig I saw 1 kg down from Jan 25 – happy and surprised;-)
    I see few success posts – cool! We are on the right track!
    Ratatouille, get well soon! I feel your frustration. I caught a little cold couple months ago and did not like it, breaks all the plans and I usually cannot stop thinking about food.
    I hope you are just resting on the couch, napping and drinking hot tea.
    I think, I caught cold leaving the health club. After cycling I am all wet. I go home to take shower. Now I put a towel over my wet hair and warm jacket. 15 years old me would be so embarrassed looking like that, it is good now;-)
    Have a good weekend to all

Greetings.
    Excellent Alisa! Glad that you have finally seen a loss at the scales.
    Have a good day everyone.

Yet another sick day at home. Have had to cancel all plans. The good news is that while I have been home all day for 4 days in a row – I have not done any major overeating. small victory. Big victory!

That is big, ratatouille! There is a 4 days diet – which tells that after 4 days it is much easier to stay on track forming a solid habit of normal eating. Good job! Keep going. There is always something good in bad (sickness) things. I hope you feel better soon, though.
    I have been good this weekend too: no wine, no overeating, exercised every day – getting boring? no!
    Tomorrow is one more eat day for me.
    Good night

Morning everyone
    Well done Alisa, a kg down is great.
    Ratatouille, I hope you feel better soon, I hate colds so feel your pain. Well done for not bingeing whilst staying at home.
    I’ve had an ok weekend foodwise and this morning I’m a little down on last Mondays weight so after a fast day today I’m hoping it will go even lower by the morning. I’ve lost about 4 lbs since New Year so as usual it’s coming off very slowly but at least it’s coming off so I’m happy with that.

Have a good Monday xx

Alisa, congratulations on the great weekend.

I am on the mend (flu-wise).

Karen, great results for the month (so far?…I think that you are going to have one more weigh-in?)

Everybody — we are still here! We are self identified binge-ers and for me, the inconsistency that inconsistent eating can cause on my day to day emotions —it has been a much more stable/consistent month for me on many levels. I have had many more good days than bad days with food. As a result, I had many more good days this month from a day to day life perspective (family emergencies and flu aside).

Bye for now.

Ratatouille, Karen, thank you for updates!
    Yes, happy Monday!
    This morning I woke up and firmly decided to skip cycling class, getting up and dressing for the class at the same time – power of habit! Love it! I went to the class and feel great now. Also, had a facial this morning- nice and relaxing and will go to the dentist for cleaning – busy. So, I do not see time for overeating today- good!
    Karen – good loss! As I remember that is very safe and recommended speed with weight loss. Happy for you, keep going down.
    I have to say that the last two months have been like an endless tunnel of sad news and sad events. Writing to this blog and reading the posts from all around the world somehow helps to stop negativity, so thank you all!
    Have a good day, talk to you again soon

Hello everyone. And congrats to Karen on your loss.

Today is my first FD this week…I’m doing pretty well. Tomorrow I am weighing in…we’ll see what I’ve lost since the New Year…I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Have a great week!

Morning

Glad you’re feeling a bit better Ratatouille.

Hope you managed to complete your fast Floridagirl, will keep fingers crossed for your weigh in…. I didn’t quite manage mine but stayed low calorie so the scales showed a slight loss this morning. I weigh in every morning just to keep me on track. Today I’m eating well within my tdde again and hoping to shift a week bit more by the weekend.

Onwards and downwards xx

Good morning, everyone,

So my official loss for January is 5 lbs.

We always hope for a little more…but I can live with a solid 5 lb loss for a month.

Now on to February…I’m going to keep on with the 2-3 days of fasting per week and make sure I get some exercise on most days.

How did everyone else do this month? Have a great day 🙂

Greetings on the last day of January. Ok, I just reread a lot of my entries on this thread.

I wrote at the end of December 2016 something similar to “any day that is not a binge day is a good day”

I now write at the end of January 2017 – wow, I had probably 28 of 31 days that were non binge days!! Way more successes that failures and when looked at as a whole (a month) it is really positive.

I wrote at the beginning of January 2017:

“I am 60 years old. 5’6″ tall (167.5 cm)

I have taken my measures and I need alot to come off of my waist and hips.

Start 171.7 lbs (77.9 kilos)
    January 15 goal 168 lbs (76.2 kilos)
    January 30 goal 165 lbs (74.8 kilos)

long term goal 148 lbs (67.1 kilos)
    maintain. maintain. maintain.”

It is now the end of January of 2017 and I just weighed in at 159.5 lbs. I am proud. One of the reasons the weight came off so dramatically is that it was my first month on this programme, and I will say that prior to January my eating had so much sodium that, I think loosing that amount of weightloss (is it really weightloss?) was heavily assisted by a January diet with reasonable sodium levels.

I want to continue doing this. I hope I can.
    My February goals are to:
    – more non-binge days than binge days (first and foremost!!!!)
    – finish the month at a weight of 155 if possible.

If I keep the binging “in check”, my life has more balance. Weight loss is the important secondary benefit.

Everyone, I hope that you continue to post to this thread even if and when we do not have the best of days. Hopefully this is one commitment we can have success with if and when the other commitments don’t fall into place

Now, I have not addressed anyone elses recent posts to this thread. Will do so in my next post.

Good morning!
    I was thinking to ask people about February goals today, I already see few posts answering my question, cool! We are on the same page: recognize positives, plan to add good changes and keep going.
    I am fasting today, did not feel like, but now I got inspiration, will step on the scale tomorrow morning.
    My goals for February:
    – exercise every day
    – do not drink alcohol ( i did not drink any for last two weeks)
    – I want to see number 5 as the first number on my scale.
    – keep writing to this thread

Cheers

Oh! I want to eat something today. I am not hungry, or just a little hungry, but want to eat a lot of something. I am trying to remember how I do not feel well after overeating – does not work! Will try to do something else and do not go to the kitchen…

FD #2 today

Alisa – I hope that you were able to hold out and complete your fasting day. I have found that boredom is a killer for me…I tend to eat/binge when I’m bored…I plan my fasting days on my work days and try to stay busy when I get home.

ratatouille – you had a really good month, as far as weight-loss…congrats!

I’ll check back tomorrow…

Hi all,

I’m going to copy Ratatouille’s idea 🙂

My starting weight in January was 88.8kg. I have a goal weight of 62.9kg.

My end of January weight was 82.3kg! What a difference. I’m back to that weight I normally stay around without a lot of effort. The damage of my fist 6 months as a remote/work from home employee is now gone. My skin is amazing too. Brighter than it’s been in years and doesn’t need moisturiser. For reference, I’m 40.

So, I intend to continue.

I’m still not eating at all on fasting days, but I think I have to keep an eye on my calories burned on those days. I had one 3000+ day recently and by the next day I was grouchy and angry and I probably should have just eaten a bit on the day.

Alisa, oh! I hope you made it through the day without going to “that place”. Sorry, I did not see your message of “help!” sooner. I would have suggested going for a walk and to first and foremost remember the number FIVE that you referenced in your previous post!! I know that these suggestions of mine are really weak against the immediate desire to indulge. I know, that that is easier said than done. However yesterday finished up for you, I do hope that you post here.

Karen, Floridagirl, Alisa, and Sav Blanc– way to go on having the scales move downwards for the month of January. Downwards and Onwards!!! Let us hopefully have the same posts at the end of February.

Slimmedown—Where are you?

It is a FD for me today. I am taking it really slow coming back to full speed at my work. I feel that this flu cold is hanging there waiting to pounce back.

Have a great day everyone. Take it easy on yourselves.

Good evening!
    I did well yesterday – usual 540 cal, nothing else!
    I did think about your posts regarding finishing the month well and setting new goals and my desire to see number 5 on the scale. It all worked in the end.
    Today I ate more than I planned and do not feel good now and down – I canceled my good effort on the F-day;-(
    I am trying to put into my memory how uncomfortable and heavy I feel at the moment, maybe I will learn the lesson one day.
    Tomorrow is another F-day for me
    Regards

5 Fears for Women about Aging

http://healthdoctrin.com/5-fears-women-aging/

Oh dear, stepped on the scales this morning and the numbers were up and all my own fault. Treats at work yesterday and have not been great the rest of the week either so I deserve the rise in the scales. Didn’t even managed my fast on Monday and I think it’s because I’ve been so tired recently. So today I’m going to complete my fast and report back tonight, I need to start shifting a little more before March.
    xx

Hello from Florida…NFD for me.

Alisa, good job on finishing your fast the other day.
    Karen, Don’t look back…look forward. 🙂

Good luck to both of you on your fasting day, today.

I went to bed last night hungry and with a headache…but I did stick to my fast yesterday…now this morning I feel great!

Have a wonderful day.

Hi all, sorry I’ve been away from this page, I’ve been ridiculously busy and everytime I think it’s going to improve, something changes and it’s busy again! It means that I’m not getting any fast days under my belt because the right days never seem to come along.

So with that in mind, I was talking to a work colleague yesterday about 16:8 (an eating window of 8 hours per day then 16 hours fasting). So I’m going to give that a go from tomorrow. For me, I can last until lunchtime before eating (altho I do always eat breakfast normally), and then it will stop me snacking too much in the evenings as the eating window will end at 8pm. Have any of you tried 16:8?

Enjoying reading about all of the successes and the honesty of the non successes.

Have a good day xx

Good morning!
    Ah, very good yoga class this morning! I feel much better now. Awesome, kind words from Florida, thank you! This is a journey, we learn our mistakes and looking forward, no rush. I will think, next time I want eat away, about accountability- it was very satisfying to report successful F-day and I will think about my yoga class – the body feels different not as good after overeating.
    Floridagirl- your headache could be due to dehydration- drink water, green tea – they do not have calories.
    Karen, wishing you luck on the F-day, hope we both report success tonight
    Regards

HI Everyone,
    Hurray Alisa! Keep your eye on the prize which is Number Five! Great idea to have other “prizes” (such as how you will feel after yoga class) on the list to pull out when you are waivering.

Karen, how did your Fast Day go today? I look forward to reading about it.

Floridagirl – wonderful that you woke up feeling the benefits of yesterday. Momentum?

Slimmedown – I will follow your 16:8 with interest. I am impressed that you have managed to be consistent (based on your first posts to this thread) for months (years?) with the elimination of sugar from your diet. Wow! Not easy for a binge eater. I know that salty snacks are still a challenge for you (me too!) and will follow how you come to manage that.

I completed a FD yesterday. I don’t like them. I also revisited the TDEE calculator to see what my new (and reduced!) weight requires and was disappointed to see that it needs about 100 calories less a day. Don’t like that. One of my new routines (since Jan. 1) is to track my daily calories on NFDs. I don’t like loosing the 100 calories. I guess that is a “quality problem” to have 🙂

Bye for now

Hello all I’m a 35yo male about 5’11 300lbs an I’ve decided to try the 5•2 any an all support please I’ve decided today is a FD so far 2 bottles of water an walk 2 miles around my subdivision.So my ??? Is even on fd I can have calories? Please help me

Hi Bigkhouser — A Fast Day does indeed permit you to eat 600(?) calories for a male. I don’t have the book in front of me. Look on this website or in the book to see what the calorie limit is on your fast day. The other 5 days are non-fast days and you are permitted to eat your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) which is the amount of calories required to maintain your current weight, height, age, and sex. There is a TDEE expenditure calculator on-line.

There are no rules with regards to what should be eaten on the 600 calorie day. Many of us have learned that protein helps on those days.

Good luck and welcome.

Do ya think consuming no calories is a good idea??a solid liquid fd

I don’t actually eat on fast days, but because I

1. Don’t have to drive
    2. Work from home
    3. Am very sedentary

My TDEE is so low that my allowable FD calories work out at around 300, so honestly, I just skip it.

I have had a couple very active FDs that didn’t feel so good, so I’m going to make sure I try and eat on those days from now on, even just a little bit.

Like, don’t run a massive calorie deficit or if you’re like me, you’ll wake up mean and angry the following day 😀

I would like to report a sucessful fast today 🙂 Coming in at around 500 give or take a wee bit either way. Ive had a sore throat since early hours of yesterday morning so I think Im fighting some sort of virus off so don’t feel 100%. Having a hot lemon and maybe a cup of tea to finish the day off.
    Heres hoping the scales are back down in the morning. Xx

Follow Karen success. I just finished my F-day dinner. Total number of calories is usual- 540. Done for this week.
    Talk to all soon

Hello again everyone and welcome bigkhouser

I have (like SlimMeDown) had a completely mad busy couple of weeks. Work has been horribly stressful, late working evenings, disturbed sleep and last weekend the kids were sick and this week as well. It just doesn’t stop!

So on Tuesday (which is my usual FD, then Thursday) I did something I’ve not done in ages. I started fasting and then when I had to rush home around 4pm to pick the kids up I broke my Fast and stuffed my face with bread and snacks. 🙁 I’d been so good for weeks and closely keeping an eye on snacking.
    And then it just felt like “well what’s the point anyway” so then on Wednesday – when I’m ussually good – I met up with some friends for far too many drinks. Nooooo! But I did manage to fit one FD in yesterday so overall I’m still on the same weight as last week.

But I just think I don’t really need to sabotage for myself like this 🙁
    This weekend will be manic with social activites for the whole family but I hope to get to Zumba tomorrow.

Well done to all of you who have lost loads (SauvBlanc and Ratatuille – wow! you guys rock! what an inspiration!) and to all of you who are hanging in there and slowly moving down the scales or maintaining – keep going.

Hang in there anyone who has put on weight. Someone once said that the last weight on is usually much easier to shift than the kg’s /lb’s that’s been there forever. Not scientific at all but might make it easier to visualise the weight “melting” off. 🙂

Take care all and good luck if you are fasting today.

Lotta x

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 724 total)

You must be logged in to reply.