Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

This topic contains 723 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Floridag1rl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 724 total)

• Happy Friday! Florida is hot,hot,hot! and extremely humid.
    This week has been crazy busy at work…I am so looking forward to the weekend, unfortunately, I do have to work on Monday…but I will have Tuesday off (4th of July holiday), at least it’s something.

My weight loss has totally stalled this month…but I did not gain, so that is a plus. I was been sloppy all the way around this month, not enough good FDs, not enough exercise, and too many calories. So in July I need to tighten it up…2+ good FDs a week, make myself DO the exercise, and watch my calorie intake on the weekends. I’ve only got one month ’til my vacation, I need to make it a good one. 🙂

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hello all!
    Floridagirl- still great news – no weight gain, very good.
    I am looking forward to time off, I have a massage session, haircut… there is a new music club in Richmond, will go there.
    I have not stepped on the scale for long time, will do it tomorrow, thanks for reminding, Floridagirl.
    Have a good weekend

Floridagirl and Alisa – We started on this particular journey in January and we are still here! That is a good thing. Let us celebrate that.

Floridagirl you have a had a good run at it for the first 6 months of the year. I congratulate you and look forward to following your returned focus in July – and celebrating your success.

Alisa, you are one focused and persistant woman. Two phenomal attributes. I want to read more about your attempt at total fast days in July.

Me? Well, I forgot to stand on the scale this morning. Will do so tomorrow. June was a month with a couple of wild swings in food, then some calm, no dieting, but calm. July is a really intense month for my work. Lots of time spent at work. My hope for this month is to put consistent thought into food pre-planning. I may not be able to do a lot of food prep this month, but I should be able to make healthy choices if I have them on hand (a lot of pre-purchased prepped food that I am trying to choose wisely). I would like to come through July with no or minimal wild swings in food consumption and I would like to come through it with a few lbs lost. “Stay tuned for news at 11!”

Today is Canada Day. Happy 150th Birthday to my wonderful country. I wish you both a Happy 4th of July.

Myggan — and of course— I forgot you, our British friend. I hope that the fog has lifted – both figurative and literally!

Good morning all…
    Today is a FD for me.
    I am also going to make sure that I get some exercise done this afternoon. I can enjoy some barbeque tomorrow. 🙂

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, ratatouille.

Have a great day all.

Happy Independence Day!
    Independence from the sugar monster, binging… any bad habits! It is a journey …
    Ratatouille- thank you for your observations, it helps to get a view from outside, wishing you take a good care of yourself.
    Floridagirl- I am glad you celebrating with friends and relatives, hope the BBQ was good!
    Lotta- I love reading your posts they are little snippets of the ‘big city’ life, very cool. Wishing you good weather and less work this week.
    I am doing well, not fasting today. I will do it tomorrow.
    I have a lot of work and do a lot of thinking about work. It is good, I like it this way – busy, no time for binging!!!

Good morning! I had a very good cycle/strength class this morning! I am fasting today, busy with work, so hopefully will do well eating mindfully
    Good day to all

Hey everyone – sorry for the silence from across the pond…
    Work has NOT calmed down unfortunately but there is light at the end of the tunnel I believe. Either way I am going on holiday on the 22nd of July to Gibraltar and Spain so at that point I won’t care – woo hoo. 😀

I haven’t managed to lose any weight this month. I lose some when I fast and then I gain again when I don’t. 🙁 It’s not good and it is mainly down to not having any time to exercise properly during the week to keep the balance.
    I have however seen a slight difference in my shape and so that is good.
    I keep trying on my dresses and that seems to help. But it’s not changing the kg’s unfortunately.

I have a FD today and one tomorrow – which should be fine as I am very busy both days.

Ratatouille – Happy Canada Day a bit late – I saw this fab video online where a group of people all dressed in red made the maple leaf shape in the middle of an intersection in a city. Not sure where but I assume somewhere in Canada. It was filmed from above and looked amazing. 🙂

Alisa – happy to be entertaining with my posts 🙂 This week the circus is in town as I live in Wimbledon and we have the Tennis Championships going on for 2 weeks. It’s fun because there are lots of events going on and lots of famous people around to spot. It’s also annoying because the traffic is awful due to all the extra people and busses etc. But it only lasts 2 weeks so it’s not too bad, 🙂

Floridagirl – sorry to hear about your weight stalling but well done for not putting any on. I wish I could keep it balanced like you.
    I think my goal earlier this year for August was to lose 5kg but I am not sure that will happen.

What I will do in the next 3 weeks is try my hardest to do some real exercise and keep the alcohol to a minimum. I don’t want to feel like a beached whale on holiday at the end of July so that should keep me focused.

Take care all and good luck if you are fasting today.

Lotta xx

Lotta, we are on the same page…I am trying very hard at the moment also…as we are going on vacation first part of August…I am trying to shed a few pounds before then.

Alisa, I hope that you had a successful fasting day.

I did very well with my FD yesterday, and I have been exercising…I’ve just got to keep this going.

Have a great day all 🙂

Good Friday morning!
    I am ready for weekend, I realized it in the cycling class- all week I was exited to go to the club get moving, get energy and this morning I was Oh, I will sleep tomorrow and go to get a massage…
    I have to say ( with caution) I think I got more relaxed (in a good way) with food: I did well yesterday – FD ( thank you, Floridagirl, happy to hear, that you back to all the good things ) if I feel hungry and it is not a meal time, I started to think that it will go away in 7 min, instead running to snack. It took forever though to get to this point.
    I still do not like myself in the mirror, ratatouille, you are way ahead on this point – being able to see good things and love yourself.
    Lotta- yes, all eyes are on tennis and i can imagine lots of people on the streets. Are you joining crowds in the evenings going to bars other events or prefer to stay home waiting for things come down?
    There will be a jazz festival in Richmond in couple weeks, would love to go, but it will take place in a park, outside- hot and humid. I love my jazz with martini and air conditioner. Tickets are not cheap, so I am thinking…
    Have a good weekend

Happy Friday

Alisa, I like your strategy of reminding yourself that the urge to eat will go away in 7 minutes. sleeping in and getting a massage sounds wonderful!

I hope that everyone has a lovely weekend. 🙂

Thank you, ratatouille! It is a hot day again, cycling class was very detoxing. After lunch I went to Williams-Sonoma store to get something and saw pretty expensive bar of chocolate by very famous chef Thomas Keller ($14) it is made of coco beans from Madagascar and olive oil instead of cream. I eat chocolate responsibly so, we tried it with coffee- my husband did not like it, for me it was very New and different taste: I like dark bitter chocolate and do not like fruity ( I call it sour taste, which starts in the middle of tongue and goes down to throat) and this taste occurred in mr. Keller bar, but this time it was fruity because it became a nice long finish of a wine! Cool!
    Sorry for my bla-bla , but I am in experimental mood today

Happy Monday

Alisa, interesting hearing about your new chocolate experience.

Today is a FD for me…I did exercise over the weekend…feels good to get back on track.

Looking forward to a good week. 🙂

Hello, doing well, weekend was good, not long enough.
    I am reading dr. J.Fung ‘the obesity code’ if anyone wants a copy of audio book, let me know I will send it.
    There is also 2week meal plan (Free)
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/get-started/week-1
    I do not have any feedback yet for the book.
    Regards

Alisa, so glad to hear that you are doing well. I will be very interested in hearing your feedback on Dr. Fung’s book.

ratatouille and Lotta I hope that things are going well for you.

I had a good fasting day and I am doing well with the exercise.

Good day

Today is not good;-(
    Stress at work following eating and overeating- I am sad now.
    FD did not happen.
    In the morning after my workout I feel so good and want to be good with food… and now i think – normal eating will never happen.
    I finished the dr.Fung book.
    The steps he suggested were good and should work, but today it does not feel that I can follow…

Hello,all!
    How is everyone? I am doing well so far: went to the cycling class first thing in the morning, had my usual breakfast, did not snack, just had lunch …
    Now – I am kind of at a failing point. I am not hungry, not stuffed, actually, I feel very good at the moment… and I still want something. Very often I fail right now and continue eating trying to find what would satisfy my mind…
    Do you know what I am talking about? What do you do?
    Regards

Sorry that I have been MIA…My son came home and I have been busy catching up with him.

Alisa, I know exactly what you are talking about…but, right at this moment, I don’t have a good answer…I usually fail also.

I weighed on Friday, still holding steady…so that’s a good thing.

Planning to fast on Tue and Thur next week…and get lots of exercise.

I hope that everyone is having a nice weekend.

Good evening! It is Friday night
    If you just checking posts, thinking that you have nothing to say… let me say it – we have been here trying 5:2 for many months and, really, no results, am I right?!
    I enjoyed our communication, truly! It was so cool to think that i talk to people in different corners of the world! Did it make any difference for you? Is it just summer break, or we are giving up?

Hi Alisa and everyone! I am still here and reading all of your posts and have been meaning to post….
    I’ve been experimenting on my own and doing just tons of research.
    5:2 doesn’t really work for me. Partly I believe I have low blood sugar and I find it hard. Secondly I don’t seem to learn new habits as I often binge shortly after. 😣
    What I’ve been doing all summer so far is exercising tons (bc I am off all summer), mostly strength training videos as that’s what really gets me in shape. I haven’t lost much re scale, but I’ve lost a lot of my belly which is what I wanted. As far as food, Ive been counting calories and eating 10x my body weight, which again works for me. I am happy with my progress and am far from done, but I’m doing ok considering I’ve been partying tons!
    Anyways, I wish all of you well, and don’t give up. There will be something that works for you. Cheers.

Good morning!
    SuzyQ- thank you for sharing your experiments and plans. Since mid November of 2016 I tried to follow 5:2 eating 540 cal two times a week, I did it for 5 months – no results on the scale. Then I tried focus on 3 meals per day, no snacks/ binging. I got better with stopping eating between meals, not perfect, still no weight changes. All this time and many years before this time I exercise every day.
    I started thinking about extremes now like Master cleanse, understanding that it is not solution but I just want to see some difference
    Regards

Hi Alisa. It’s crazy to think you haven’t seen a change since November. If you were not overeating on your off days, then mathematically you should be losing due to a simple calore deficit equation, so that could be something to look closer at. The only other thing I can think of is maybe you are undereating or over exercising-both of which are very stressful on your body and messes with your hormones/metabolism and consequently your cortisol levels, which causes weight gain. I wouldn’t advise on the master cleanse, as you would lose re scale, but the body really can’t lose more than 2lbs of fat per wk, which means you would be losing water, glycogen from your muscles and lean muscle tissue. This is not what you want bc when you go back to normal eating your body replaces all of the loss with fat.
    Maybe you could try atkins for a week or so to see if you eat too many carbs, or maybe try not evening eating or no carbs after lunch? Also make sure you are drinking enough water. Maybe also change your exercise routine?
    I hope some of this helps. I do feel your frustration. Take care.

Hello All,
    Alisa, wow – no drop in scale following this since November. You exercise, you do 540 calories two times a week. I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel. I think that what Suzyqueue writes in her post preceeding this one of mine – may be right. Can you go to a Doctor or dietician to talk about this? I believe that you track what you eat and you would have a solid record to bring them. I know that you gave us your height and weight back in January or February and if I remember correctly, I think that you are quite lean already (in my mind… but I do know that our weight and body image is such a quirkyy and personal thing). You have been so persistent.

Me? Well, I lost 19 lbs January to my Spring vacation and after my spring vacation weight gain, I was able to take a bit of it off, and I seem to be sitting solidly at a loss of 16 lbs. I have been able to curb my binge eating, but I have not been at 5:2 for well over a month — too much physical hard work and stress (the normal kind) due to the seasonality of what I do. I am ok. I would do this again, and hope to do it again to see if I can get rid of another 10 lbs. But for now I am ok. I will continue to follow this thread and post to it once my business and tasks become more normal.

Floridagirl — what is up?

I’m still hanging in here.

I know that you guys pretty much know my story.
    Since January I am down 25 lbs (as of last Friday)…Most of that was lost over the first 3 months, when I was being very disciplined. Over the past 2 months, I have been very sloppy…but I have learned how to maintain, which will be good when I finally reach my goal.

I have found that I must only have water on my fasting days…If I do 2 complete water fasts a week, I lose 1 lb….If I only do 1 fasting day, I stay the same…if I cheat and eat anything on those FDs (even if it’s below 500 cal) I do not lose weight, my weight stays the same.

So, in preparation for my Summer vacation, I am doing 2 FDs this week and next week…hoping to drop a couple pounds before I go. I am planning to hit it hard after vacation … it would be nice to drop another 10 lbs before the holidays come upon us.

I personally love this program…I feel that it is a way of life that I can live with.

Ratatouille….16 lbs is a great success! I know that when the time is right for you, you will take off another 10 lbs.

Suzy…I am so glad that you have found something that works for you.

Alisa…we can all hear your frustration…and I really admire the way that you have stuck with it…you are very inspirational. I would not have been as patient…when I started, I said, “I am going to give it my all for 2 months”, if I hadn’t lost anything, that would have been it, I would have quit. I do know that you exercise a lot and that you try to eat very clean and healthy…these are very good things for your body…and I’m sure they are having a very positive affect on your over-all health.
    I always imagine that you look the way I’d like to… and are just trying to get rid of a little 5 lb pocket that you imagine is there.
    I still have another 15 lbs to lose just to have a “normal” BMI.
    I wish for you all the best…you are a very nice lady.

Florida girl – good to get your post. Congratulations to you. Yup – up and down, but hopefully more “losses” than gains.

Alisa, what can we do to support you?
    Xox
    Susan

Wow! Thank you very much, ladies, for wonderful posts, for suggestions, and kindness! I cannot quit now.
    I am happy for all your losses ( for us losing is success).
    SuzyQ- I agree, that I do something wrong for the scale, at the same time, thank you Floridagirl, i wanted to do things I do now – exercise, yoga, meditation, massage… I worked on making these things become habits, I also thought they would help with weight. I do admit, ratatouille, that my weight in the normal range, the doctors tell me that every time I complain, but it is closer to upper ‘normal’ why I could not be closer to lower ‘normal’?!
    I will keep trying, thank you all again. The best part of the journey is communication with you – great support!
    As I remember, Lotta is on vacation in Spain.

Three weeks till my birthday, I am focusing on food and portions. I am on it!
    Tomorrow is FD and yoga in the morning
    Regards

I am reporting that I had a very successful FD yesterday…and now I am looking forward to breakfast 🙂

It was nice to hear from you girls…Alisa is right, the support is great!

Hello lovely people on this thread. Sorry for the long absence.
    Work has been crazy (and depressingly stressful) and the kids finished school last Friday with lots of last minute play dates and end of term activities.
    We are indeed in Spain now (well remembered Alisa) and on holiday mode which means overeating and over drinking unfortunately. However tomorrow I am planning on doing a pilates class while the kids are at a pool party? I have not done pilates in years so I am quite likely to ache on Thursday.
    Last week I only did one FD which went well but it got cancelled out by impromptu drinks and partying.
    I had hoped to see some difference on the scales and/or clothes but unfortunately not.
    Alisa – sorry to hear that you are not seeing the results you are looking for. Sending lots of strength thoughts your way.
    Floridagirl and Ratatouille – well done on your losses and keep going. Inspire us! 🙂
    Suzyqeue – well done on all the exercise. That is exactly what I need to do to kickstart me again.

Take care everyone and lots of great wishes from Cadiz in Spain. Love it here btw!
    Lotta xx

Hello,
    Lotta – very cool! I was in Cadiz couple years ago. We went on a very nice cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon, stopping in few seaside towns – good seafood! Enjoy!
    I had good last two days- FD on Tuesday, I ate 650 cal, ( I cannot do real fasting like Floridagirl yet)
    Ratatouille- i was happy to read that got binging under control – awesome!
    Tomorrow is my second FD

Lovely to hear from you, Lotta. I know that you are having a wonderful time on holiday. Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

Things at work are really crazy busy right now…Thank God I have a vacation coming up in a week, I am really needing a break.

I am reporting a 2 lb loss for the month of July…not great, but at least it’s something…the scale is starting to move again.

I hope that everyone is having a lovely weekend.

I thought that I’d pop in and say “hi”.
    I was bad on Saturday…it was one of those evil binging days…but I got it together on Sunday and I had a great FD on Monday.

Work is crazy busy…but I know that I just have to get through this week, then I am off on vacation! 🙂

I’m still not being consistent with exercise…hopefully when I get back, I can get myself back into a routine.

Greetings. I must have accidentally unsubscribed from this thread, because I have not been getting notices (not that I have been doing fast diet). I have just finished my summer busy season, must continue to work steadily, but it is now a time of transition in my work, and usually a transition in my life- so I hope to track my eating and work up to doing FDs again. I will stand on scale in the coming days.

Floridagirl – I hope that your holiday is going well!!!!! congrats on the 2 lb loss in July.

Alisa, you must have a birthday soon!

Lotta, enjoy the food, wine and family in Cadiz. Enjoy!
    Bye
    xox

hello all

I did have a wonderful holiday! I’m sure that I gained a couple pounds…but I am committed to getting right back on the program…I am determined to lose more weight before the end of the year.

This month is going to be a little bumpy (diet-wise)…my work schedule is wacky and at the end of the month, beginning of Sept…I am taking another trip. I will just have to do FDs when I can…and eat healthy when I am eating.

ratatouille, I’m glad that things are settling down for you work-wise. Now you will have some time to focus on yourself.

Lotta, I hope that you had a lovely trip…and would love to hear from you.

Alisa…a birthday coming up! Well, Happy Birthday…do you have anything special planned?

Have a great day 🙂

Hi Floridagirl – good plan! Take it easy on yourself with expectations, have expectations/goals, but no 50 lashes with a wet noodle if they go sideways during what you foresee as a bit of a challenging time.

I am trying to get in the zone here with eating. Checking in here is one of my tools. I hope to get in the zone soon.

Have good day too!

Hello lovely people.
    Well – Cadiz was fantastic – a lovely chilled out place with amazing beaches and fantastic food and wine. Gibraltar was also an experience and overall we had a lovely family time. My son is now golden in hue and with his blonde locks he looks so healthy and lovely.
    My daughter has inherited my freckles and strawberry blonde hair so she has more of a pink tan but she also looks so healthy. Summer suits them.

We have since my last post also been back home to my home country Sweden where we had a great time catching up with my sister and brother and a host of cousins and friends. We had lovely weather there and the kids roamed free for a week and a half. My mum who turned 80 this spring is an amazing active woman who walks miles every day but she is almost deaf and that makes communication quite difficult. I find it very difficult to leave her each time I come back to London (where I live) especially since my dad passed away 18 months ago. But leave I must as my life is here now.
    The good thing about staying with her is that I go for 3 mile walks every morning before breakfast and that has made me pick up the exercise again. I really missed it coming back to London.

Sorry this is turning into a bit of a missive. 🙂

I have had a hard week at work this week but not done any fasts. We are going on our last holiday of the summer tomorrow which should help with the weight. This time we are going to the Lake District in the north of England to do hillwalking with the kids and friends for 2 weeks. I will not be fasting but I will be doing huge amounts of exercise so I’m hoping I will come back leaner and fitter to re-start my 5:2 path in September.

Alisa – Happy upcoming birthday. Hope you are ok and please give us a little “wave” here if you can?

Ratatouille – Ha! I love the “no 50 lashes with a wet noodle” comment! 😀 So true that we are good at punishing ourselves but not celebrating our victories. Tomorrow is another day used to be my motto when I started the 5:2 weather it was another chance to do a fast or if it was that I got to eat again.

Floridagirl – great to hear you had a fab holiday and well done for re-grouping and looking forward. Where are you off to on your next trip? I’m sure you can tell I am a holiday junkie ;-).

Take care everyone, good luck if you are fasting and keep posting.

Love to you all
    Lotta

Lotta….I loved reading about your holiday trips…it sounds as if you’ve really enjoyed yourself.

Well…I did not do as well last week as I had hoped…I’m brushing it off and trying again…today is a FD and I am planning to do some exercise this afternoon. wish my luck 😉

How are you doing ratatouille? I hope that all is well.

Greetings!
    Lotta, I picture a family of four having the walking holiday experience. I would think that it is a lovely thing to do and an excellent way to wind up the summer. I have never been to Sweden, but I read many good things about it

Floridagirl – How did your FD go. I have yet to have the initiative to do one. I am trying to focus on getting a few days in a row at my daily caloric maintenance. I am having challenges do in that, but will get back at it.

Alisa, thinking of you!

I need to add the post I just made. I really am having difficulty managing my bingeing. It can be just about anything in the fridge or pantry. I have managed to control the amount of junk food that I buy (I don’t) and as a result that is sort of ok, but the uncontrolled eating of other stuff when I want something — this needs some intense work/energy on my part. I listen to a couple of decent podcasts on this topic. They serve to centre me, or keep me on some type of track. Man, this stuff sucks a lot of energy out of me. I know that it is up to me. I have not gotten depressed about it because I have indeeed managed to keep off most of the weight I lost earlier in the year, but yikes…gotta get a grip

Greetings from Florida…

I did manage to have a very good FD on Tuesday…and I am fasting again today. Unfortunately, I have not been able to motivate myself in the exercise department. I am trying to figure out how to get back the passion that I had a few months ago.

ratatouille, I am sorry to hear about your struggle…I couldn’t help but think that the fact that you have kept most of the weight off…is part of what is subconsciously helping to sabotage your efforts…that bad little voice in your primal brain saying, “see it’s ok to eat like this”.
    Maybe a good FD, will help break the cycle…just a thought.

So I did gain a couple lbs over the past couple weeks…I’m hoping to take them off over the next couple weeks…then I’ll be going out of town again. When I get back, it will be time to get real serious…in the hopes of shedding 10 lbs before the end of the year.

Greetings Floridagirl. Boy, it must be hot where you are. You are right,… that primal brain voice. I need to tap into that other logic brain voice to counter the primal brain voice. There is a podcast on that topic believe it or not. Thank you! Yes, an FD is in order for next week. I did manage to get through yesterday with a respectable calorie count. Hurrah!

Have a good day.

When I checked my weight on Friday I was only 1 lb from my pre-vacation weight…so not too bad. I am hoping with a couple good FDs this week I will be back where I was at the beginning of the month.

I did not sleep well last evening, so I know that motivating myself to exercise this afternoon is going to be a challenge. 🙁

Good luck with you FD this week.

Lotta, hope that you are having a nice trip.

Floridagirl – great news. 1 lb is doable (and rather commendable after a vacation).

I will report tomorrow on my 1600 calorie day that I plan today. The intent for tomorrow is a FD.

Hello everyone,

I hope you don’t mind my sharing my story here. I’ve posted here a few times before.

I have had an overall poor year in the willpower department. I planned fast days often and could not make it past noon most days without giving up. Luckily, I did not gain too much weight this year (about 8 pounds), but enough to feel bad about myself and uncomfortable in my clothes. For the most part, I was able to keep up with exercising, but I am not in the shape that I’m used to being.

About 10 days ago, I got food poisoning and have been pretty sick for most of the week. It forced my body to fast and I lost around 6 pounds from the illness.

It’s sad that an illness got me out of my feeling of hopelessness around food, but it looks like that’s what it took. I realized how many protein bars, snacks and basically endless amounts of eating I was doing. With the beginning of a new school year next week, I feel like I’ve been given a new start.

Today’s my first official fast in a healthy body. It’s like I’ve finally come to my senses and have the strength to handle fast days again.

I am fasting for the health benefits probably more than weight loss at this time. I am prone to depression, and fasting always helps my mood. Also, my digestive system seems to really appreciate a break from cookies 😉

I’d like to fast Monday & Thursdays moving forward. Today is almost over… We had company this morning and I was still able to stick to my goals.

Here’s to keeping busy on FDs. Lotta, I will remember your motto “there’s always another day.” Good luck everyone!

Take Care,
    Break

Hi Breakfromcookies, good that you are healthy again. Glad that you are joining us. Yes, “back to school” as a new beginning is still programmed into our mindset. I look forward to reading about your upcoming Thursday FD!

I had a successful non-binge day yesterday – under 1600 calories. I had hoped to do a Fd today, but will not. Will try for one on Thursday or Friday of this week.

Thanks Ratatouille, that means a lot! Are you doing one fast a week typically? I’m going to try my best to get in 2 a week until the holidays hit, then one a week from Thanksgiving through Christmas.

Are you all successful with switching up your days? I find Mondays and Thursdays work best & I have a hard time being flexible with them. Maybe after I get in a month of consistent fasting, I’ll be able to switch them around as needed.

As for exercise today, I plan on getting in an hour walk and do some toning tonight. I plan on not counting calories on NFD, unless I start to feel out of control.

Breakfromcookies, I really, really, have a problem with binge eating. I consider a day accomplished without a binge at 1600 calories or less to be a big success. In the first part of 2017 I did one to two FDs a week and they moved around. I did lose weight. I am slowly gaining it back because of binge eating. I was and will be thrilled to eat my tdee and toss in one or two FDs a week as the situation and mindset permits. I cooked last Friday and was busy out on the weekend. I have rather expensive, healthy leftovers that will spoil shortly. So, my goal for today is for it to be a solid and health TDEE. Tomorrow I am schedule for a lunch out so, I will target for a tdee, but then Thursday or Friday should be good days to pick up an FD.

Have a good day. I have a long work day ahead.

Hello there…

Welcome back, breakfromcookies….nice to see you getting back into the swing of it. I really try to do 2 FDs a week…I am a major creature of habit…and I usually do better when I can stick to a routine…but that is one of the beauties to this way of eating…you can move it around to suit your schedule.

ratatouille, it sounds like you are having a successful week…keep it going. 🙂

FD for me today. Have a great day everyone.

Hi there,
    Floridagirl, have a successful FD.
    I had a good non fast day yesterday. I have strung two days together that were binge free. That is a bit of a relief. Today I am joining friends for lunch at a very good restaurant. I will enjoy, not binge. I will have a FD on Thursday.
    Focus, Grasshopper, Focus.

Ratatouille, I hope that you are having a good FD.

I am reporting … 0 loss and 0 gain for this month…I am happy with that considering I was on vacation. Next week, I am taking another trip, so my routine will be disrupted again…but after that, I will be trying to really focus on losing another 10 lbs. I may join the October challenge.

Floridagirl – FD is the plan for today. Congrats on the 0 loss and gain during a vacation month. A positive accomplishment. I will face the music and stand on the scale tomorrow (after a FD 🙂 )

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 724 total)

You must be logged in to reply.