Its working!!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  galexinda 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi all,

This is only me 2nd week on the 5:2 diet and although today i am fasting and feeling quite hungry, I have to say that the weight is coming off already. I am not needing to loose loads of weight but I am happy that this is working. How are you all getting on?

I started 5:2 a week ago and like you I can already see the benefits – just over 3lbs lost, my waistline is disappearing and I feel so much more energetic. Whenever I feel hungry I drink a glass of water. Not missing my daily hot chocolate drink and no more energy or mood swings! I have 10lbs to lose but am really doing this for the overall health benefits.

I started a week ago as well – lost 1.8lbs so far – another 18lbs to go before my holiday in July. Had an over indulging bank holiday which I feel may have set me back but back on it today (third fast day).

End of week two and feeling much more lively. Still recording everything and yes, a few surprises when I calculate the portion sizes and I am keeping just under my TDEE. Love my peanut butter so I have a teaspoon of it when I feel really hungry – better than having a chocolate bar which has no benefits.

SW 139 CW 133.8 GW 125

Week 4 lost 3kilo 6lb, Wow am so pleased, i want to loose 10 kilo does anyone else get very cold on the fast days like the fingers, mine do its odd, and I loose concentration.
    Also I now watch what I cook and eat on non fast days, I still had a cake on saturday and only now eat bread at the weekend, and I have cut down the wine as well nothing weekdays, its working so that the best thing, not easy but I keep thinking its only 1 day, and its fine not to feel full all the time

Great news Ohlala and well done! I have just completed Week 3 and feel as if I have been doing 5:2 for much longer as it really suits my lifestyle. I have lost just over 8 lbs in total – what a difference, especially when I pick up even one 2 lb bag of sugar and think that no wonder I was lethargic carrying that extra weight so x four I realise where my energy is coming from! Still calorie counting new items or just checking the portion size as it’s so easy to eat more. Made a lovely cake on Friday, entered all the info on Calorie Count and then had accurate figures for each slice. Doing two fast days a week either Mon/Tue or Thur/Fri. Hopefully some more people will share their experiences.

Just starting Week 5 – where has the time gone? Motivation and will power are wavering a bit recently and I find it would be very easy to just eat and eat and eat so I am drinking lots of water to try and compensate! Weight has remained the same for just under two weeks even though I haven’t gone over TDEE at all – in fact my average ‘feast day’ cals comes to about 1000- 1100 per day so maybe it’s not enough?

How is everyone else doing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.