If TDEE is low, how low does my fast day need to be?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
If TDEE is low, how low does my fast day need to be?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there! I’m really quite low on TDEE – prob around 1450. do i need really need to stay at 400 or lower for my fast day?

Hi,

My TDEE is around 1400 and I stayed with the 500 cal limit on my FDs. This was fine as long as I was careful in the other days and kept them at 1400 or less.
    I saw a tv interview with Michael Mosley where he was asked a similar question and said that you could stick with 500 even if your TDEE was less than 2000.
    If you can manage less than 500 that’s great, but it’s more important that your fast days are sustainable over time.

I found initially that I ate right up to the 500 cal limit. Eventually I settled on a just eating dinner on FDs and I used a small collection of low cal recipes that were quick to make. These range from 250-400 cals, so the calories I consume on a FD vary. (I always allow a cup of low fat milk on FDs to have in cups of tea. It’s this that helps me get through to dinner without meals.)

thanks so much! i don’t have too much weight to lose but i can feel the slow creep happening after years of keeping weight off.

Hi, ruthstoops.
    I also started with not all that much weight to lose. I then ate 600 calories/Fast Day and had a TDEE of 1450 calories. After reaching my target weight, I continue to Fast 2 days/week and still aim for 1450 cals on Slow Days. I do this because it works for me. Do what works for you.
    Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.