I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

This topic contains 944 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Lolly_ 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 947 total)

• My apologies, I didn’t mean it to sound like I was lecturing. I simply was wanting to let you know it is OK to go out swimming as you are not alone.

Skyblue, I am very impressed with your walking. I barely can manage 5 mins before I have to stop as my legs go numb.

Blessings to you both.

Speckles!! What a fab attitude and fab advice too!! I’m going to take that advice of picturing that little girl standing in front of me and I’m going to tell her that everything is going to be okay, because do you know what – everything did turn out okay!!

I do still enjoy my hols and I do love swimming – its the getting in and out lol!! It’s like a covert operation making a dash for it when I think no one is looking!!! But you are right Speckles if anyone has a problem with the way I look then it’s their problem. But in reality I bet no-one is bothered, I think everyone is much too concerned about what they’re doing to give two hoots about how anyone else looks!!

Happy news is I set a new record for myself yesterday and managed a whopping 19,243 steps!! That was 9 miles! I only walk Monday-Friday though and give myself Saturday and Sunday off!!

Happy Wednesday all hope you all have a lovely day!

Morning!

….and WOW! Well done to all you athletes out there! Some impressive physical activity going on!

I used to love walking…and did ballet-cise at home before disability kicked in….but I never learned to swim. (I have a BSc in Maths…and my logic told me that if a one pound brick sinks then a 20+ stone woman would sink too…and never mind about the relative density of objects…my belly fat was as solid as a rock!….and that is before you look at the fact that severe dyspraxia means I lack coordination to swim!)

Fasting today…I am going to try some spiced coconut broth for lunch…and lean burger with steamed veggies tonight….and lots of embroidery to keep my mind off food during the afternoon!

SB that is an amazing number of steps!!! Well done you. Fantastic. The things our parents can say to us out of well meaning love, not knowing the impact it can have….That’s a great idea from Speckles about visualising. I send a hug to a younger you too.

Speckles, I’m with you on not caring what other people think. About 15 years ago I was with my partner on a beautiful sunny day at a very busy Brixton Lido in London. I was large then, but by no means at my biggest and a man said to me “move over you whale.” I was too stunned to say anything initially but was just about to give him a piece of my mind, when another man told him to shut up and go and lie somewhere else. And everyone else nodded at this yes and murmured in support of the second guy. My partner wanted to leave (I think mainly because it was another man who stuck up for me and not him) but there was no way I was going let an ignoramus spoil my day.

Morning Buttonboots and Northerngal.

Buttonboots forgive me but your post did make me smile!!

NG – that’s exactly what that man was – an ignoramous! It’s lovely and says a lot that the majority of people thought the same too – it’s only the rare few that can be nasty like that!

Skyblue, I realised a while ago that I was letting other peoples judgement effect the way I was doing things. For example if I decided to have a treat and buy a pastry or cake I would buy 2 instead of 1 and say something like “the kids will love these”. I only wanted 1 but ate 2 because I bought 2. I didn’t want the shop attendant to judge me for buying any for myself.
    So of course I got into the habit of eating 2 when 1 would have satisfied me. How stupid was that.
    Once I realised what I was doing I stopped it but it took me a long time to realise. By the way I don’t have kids so the poor imaginary children took the blame as far as my mind was working. LOL

Buttonboots, I am sure you wouldn’t have sunk but you did make me laugh and I respect your feelings.

NG, yes what a rude ignorant man and yes I think your partner should have hung his head in shame for not sticking up for you. I can understand how you were gobsmacked and unable to reply yourself but am proud of you for literally standing your ground and hopefully enjoying your day.

Off to bed for me as most of you are probably just starting your days. Have a good, healthy one everyone.

“I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them that no longer serve me. I am safe being slim.”

Ahh Speckles good for you for stopping that cycle! I think we’ve probably all done something similar to that in the past!

Gosh the forum was quiet yesterday! Hope you were all off having a lovely day!

It’s weigh in Friday for me today and I’m happy to say, after the absolute PIGFEST of last weekend I’ve got rid of 1.5 pounds this week – so happy with that!! The digital scales are showing 13st 11.5lbs but I sneakily hopped onto my mechanical ones and they are showing 13st 8lbs which means I am 2 stone lighter than at my absolute heaviest of 15st 8lbs back in May 2013!!

And Hubby lost a pound too this week I am really pleased for him!!!! It was lovely for him seeing the numbers go down this week!! So we were both happy bunnies this morning!

Happy Friday everyone hope you all have a great day!!

Hi just started today with a fast day hope I can gain some insight to how everyone else is doing. I need to lose at least 8 stone, think I may have a long way to go, but hope reading the forum will give me the encouragement I need, I am a loca and can’t do exercise at the moment, but I live in hope

Hello Margie!! Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place! All of us here have a significant amount of weight to lose and it’s a great place of support, encouragement and camaraderie! Everyone here has their own way of doing things that work for them. I fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays normally.

The basic way of doing things is fasting two days a week and eating normally (up to your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) on the other 5 days, there is a calculator under ‘resources’ at the top of the page to help you find what this is. But as I say a lot of people have found ways of doing this differently that works for them. Some here do 5:2, some 4:3 others have an 8 hour window and do 16:8 where they fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour window each day where they eat, others do 5:2 and also eat low carb the rest of the time. Keep reading the threads and eventually you will learn a way that works for you. I have seen a pattern for myself where I fast Tuesdays and Thursdays, eat way under my TDEE for Mondays and Wednesdays but come the weekend I let myself relax a little and I do normally go above my TDEE and that works for me personally but you will find your own way!! Good luck fasting today hope it goes well for you!!

SB that is absolutely fabulous news!!! Well done you! Isn’t this “diet” wonderful?! I’m so pleased for you as if you’re anything like me after my pigfest, (love that word hehe) I was dreading weigh in. And hubby too, hurray! Plus 2 stone down from your heaviest. Fabulous news.

Welcome Margie! I hope that you find the forum a help in achieving your goal. We are all here to help and some great advice and info there from SB. Don’t be deterred by having a big end goal and just take baby steps by maybe setting smaller targets initially. I hadn’t decided exactly how much I wanted to lose when I first started as it just seemed too big a number and I didn’t want to be overwhelmed. Initially I said I’d just get back to my old (overweight) weight because I piled 3 1/2 stone on in just over a year (I know!!!) and then just keep going. I’ve now lost that weight, plus more and have set a new goal for another 3 stone. Despite falling off the wagon a few times and like SB enjoying the occasional pigfest, on the whole I can honestly say that it’s been easy to lose the weight. The great thing is that if you do go a bit mad and overeat, there’s a fast day just around the corner to get you back on track.

Thanks NG!! Yes I was a little apprehensive this morning so was delighted with the 1.5lb loss!! Yes I really do love this ‘diet’!!!!

Look at this everyone. I know I shouldn’t have but I really did laugh out loud at this. It happened last night in Southend:-

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/15-arrested-after-huge-brawl-between-slimming-world-and-weight-watchers-members/

LOL SB!! Very, very funny!! Made my morning 🙂

Ha ha NG I literally laughed out loud reading it – I had an image in my head of them all brawling. I told my sister-in-law who is following Slimming World at the moment and she said they were probably all hungry ha haaa

Hahahah, me too! I’ll be sharing that link with lots of people. Thank you!

Just looked at the site in more detail and it’s a spoof!!! I don’t care though, it’s a very funny one. Fooled me!

Ahhhh!!! What a shame it fooled me too!!! Oh well gave me a laugh on a Friday!!

Hi everyone
    Just caught up on posts. SB – another great loss and funny story – even if it was a spoof. Welcome Margie133 – hope you find the forum as useful as I have. Just jump in and post – took me ages before I took the plunge and its lovely to be amongst such a supportive bunch here.
    Talking of taking the plunge – the discussion on swimming made me giggle especially doing the quick dash in and out of the water lol. I braved the local leisure centre pool this week with new smaller costume and found that I may have to go down yet another size soon – it looked and felt lovely on but lets just say I couldn’t do vigorous crawl for fear of the straps slipping once they got heavy with the weight of the water. Maybe one day I’ll be slim enough to have one of those with a racing style back that would keep everything well and truly held in instead of whatever I can find in my size. I totally admire some of the step counts some of you are achieving. I am feeling better and definitely need to start walking more so am toying with the idea of a treadmill. Any recommendations out there? – it would have to be a folding one for space purposes.
    Speckles – I found the Gabriel method website you mentioned a while ago – not got the books but downloaded the free visualisations – lovely and relaxing and first time round sent me off to sleep. Have a great weekend all

Great news on the swimming costume Lisa!

I’ve released another 3lbs this week. Hurray

Have a great weekend everyone

Welcome Margie, I hope you survived your first fast day or I call it cleansing day as I feel I am cleansing my body and try to focus on doing so. It does get easier as you go along until you suddenly realise you are looking forward to it.
    I have found that my portions are decreasing and I was never an enormous eater but I certainly couldn’t eat what I did back in Feb before I started.

Sky blue and NG you are both AMAZING! Well done to both of you. I loved the spoof- a bit of fun never hurt anyone and if it made us laugh so be it!

Lisa, nice to hear from you. I have bought a vibration machine this week so am still in the early stages of using it but it is not as cumbersome as a treadmill. I am aching a bit today but I suspect that was more from transporting it from work where I had it delivered to than anything else. I will keep you informed. I live in a unit so have no room for a treadmill.
    I love my Gabriel Method CD and put it on when I turn my light off at night and quite often drift off to sleep half way through. I am getting to sleep so much better than I used to as I would toss and turn for hours. Now my last thoughts are nice ones instead of worried ones.

Buttonboots, I love the sound of the coconut broth. Any chance of the recipe?

I was very proud of myself this week as we had a work meeting scheduled for after work on Friday (no one remembered to tell me ahead) so I was having a cleansing day. The manager bought cheese, bikkies, chips, nuts and wine and I avoided temptation altogether. – admittedly I know that if I started I wouldn’t stop so better not to start but we finished 3 hrs later at 8.30pm and I was starving! Raced home to make an omelette which is just about the quickest thing I could cook LOL

If you are looking for a really good swimsuit that comes in all sizes and shapes have a look here. They are not cheap but last a couple of years and that is swimming nearly every summer day. http://www.seabirdswimwear.com/
    You may have to cut and paste it. Don’t be deterred by the fabrics as they look so much nicer in the swimsuits than the pictures.

Night all or good morning for most of you

my affirmation “I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them that no longer serve me. I am safe being slim.”

Speckles a huge well done for resisting the nibbles temptation. For 3 hours!! So you should be proud of yourself.

Thanks NG. It was hard and I wished someone had warned me so I could have taken a few nibbles of my own but what’s done is done and I survived – feeling righteous.
    I am now going to dog sit, my friend has gone to the USA and I will be spending 4 nights a week at her place with her lovely dog. Trying to prepare everything to take but I wont have a PC only my tablet so I don’t know how easy it will be to jump on here.

Cheers all
    “I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them that no longer serve me. I am safe being slim.”

Evening all!

Coconut broth recipe for Speckles: (Much easier to make than the recipe looks!)

For ‘paste’ – in chopper/pestle/processor smash the following into a paste -one or two garlic cloves, a good sized piece of ginger (about a thumb-sized piece, peeled first!), one chilli (seeds left in if you like it extra hot), a tspn of turmeric, a tbspn each of fish sauce and soy sauce and smooth peanut butter…(optional extras to add to the mix – some kafir lime leaves, a drizzle of honey, a tspn of five spice powder)….this will give you the base-paste for your broth…alternatively use about a tablespoon and a half of your favourite bought spice paste! (BUT…check the calories/fat/sugar of bought pastes!)

In a sauce pan (needs to be quite large…maybe one-and-a-half litre capacity)…heat the paste for about one minute and then add one litre of stock made from powder/cube (or you CAN use home made stock, but this can be high on calories/fat if it isn’t perfectly skimmed) -and one tin (400ml) of HALF FAT coconut milk…cook for about 3 minutes.

Next add some veggies…1/2 a head of Chinese cabbage (shredded) and a couple of carrots cut into thin sticks – thin veg cooks quickly!…cook for about 5 minutes or until the carrots are done! (be adventurous and add whatever thinly sliced veggies you have to hand!)

Throw in about 150g beansprouts (roughly half a standard supermarket bag)…the broth will be hot enough so that these will cook rapidly….if you like you can add a few halved/quartered cherry tomatoes at this point.

Finally taste the broth – adjust the seasoning…a dash of lime juice or a few drops of soy sauce…..sprinkle with some thin strips of spring onion or some chopped coriander before serving

This will make between 4 and 6 portions. …and it freezes okay….the coconut milk should not split…..

Calories will of course vary – if you make your own paste then one portion will be somewhere around the 75 – 100 mark (main calories come from coconut milk and peanut butter)

Note:…if you have a family/guests…then at the end, serve up your portion – and add some rice noodles and cooked prawns or cooked shredded chicken to the rest of the hot broth and serve this to everyone else!

Enjoy!

Good morning all!

Lisa congratulations on the smaller swimsuit size! The strap story made me laugh too!!

NG – 3lbs!!!! Absolutely amazing well done!!

Speckles well done to you for avoiding temptation that was astounding! I don’t think I could have done that for 3 hours!

Buttonboots that recipe sounds delicious! I might give this a go as I have most of the ingredients apart from the fish sauce and the half fat coconut milk but both of those are easily picked up from the local supermarket!

Happy Monday all!

Thankyou Buttonboots, sounds lovely but I will omit the fish sauce due to allergies.
    When I am back at my place from dog sitting I will give it a go as it sounds like a nice warming recipe for winter.

Cheers

Help – has anyone else had weight gain from three fast days before?

I am really sticking to this and feel so so much better and clothes feel much roomier but I have actually put on .8 kg and that is after 3 fast days last week. I went from Sunday to Wednesday morning breakfast with only 500 calories on Monday and Tuesday last week and then supper on Wednesday through to breakfast on Friday with only 500 calories. I behaved myself over the weekend – kept the calories down though I did have a couple of glasses of wine.

This week I started again on Sunday night and got through to this morning and I have out on weight????? I do feel better – as I mention above but my willpower is slipping given the movement of the scales in the wrong direction!

I started on the 23rd May and have been doing three days fasting a week since then. I had great weight loss at first and then a hiatus and then a more steady drop. I can’t believe that i have managed to put weight on – what is up with my system? I do have an underactive thyroid which has been blamed for poor weight loss in the past but I really thought the 5:2 or even 4:3 would help me but …..?????

Hi Oxforddon68 and welcome to the board. Don’t stress PLEASE as it could very well be that you happen to be retaining water the day of the weigh in. The only thing that matters is that you feel better.

I know quite a few here say the scales are evil and that is because they don’t always give a true reflection of what is going on. It could also be that it is that time of the month when your body naturally weighs more or maybe you have been doing some exercise and put on muscle that is heavier than fat is.

I have steadily been releasing 1 kg average since the end of Feb when I started but the last 2 weeks it has slowed down to .5 or .6 of a kg. Looking at my diet over the past couple of weeks I have been having more carbs than I was in the beginning. This is simply because a green salad just doesn’t cut it for me now the evenings are very chilly. I will just need to look for alternatives that have less carbs.

Maybe it was the wine? My mother lost a lot of weight and all she did was cut out the wine at night but that was her.

SO you will see and read all different methods here as we each taper the 5:2 to fit in with our lifestyles.. If one isn’t working for you, then try a different version.

Again, Please don’t give up or get down heartened as it is just the naughty scales.
    Cheers

Hello All – I’m new to 5:2 and I am currently on week 4. I always said I didn’t want to weigh myself and go by look and feel but decided to buy scales anyway as I think it is a good way to track progress. On week 2 I weighed myself and found I weighed 17 stone 2 pounds. I was quite frankly shellshocked I was that heavy! Basically the past 2 years I have over-indulged and done very little exercise resulting in a 5 stone weight gain and up 2 dress sizes. I’m 5ft 5 and 29 years old with a full time desk job and a size UK 18.

I weighed myself last week and was down to 16 st 10 pounds which I was very happy with. I’ve been walking more and want to start introducing more strenuous exercise into my lifestyle such as gym classes or swimming (I used to be a competitive swimmer up until I was 15 so I feel I’ve wasted this valuable exercise skill over recent years)

I’ve found fast days not as hard as I imagined.Today is a fast day for me and I’ve had breakfast – 1 hard boiled egg, lunch – a few crackerbreads with extra light cheese triangle (x2) and I have a crustless weight watchers quiche waiting for me when I get home taking me to the 480 calorie mark. I guzzle water throughout the day which helps tremendously. On non fast days, I track what I’ve eaten on my fitness pal and tend to eat between 1500 to 1800 calories. I’ve completely cut out unhealthy snacky food that I used to gorge on.

My only remaining problem is weekends. I go out at least 1 night every weekend and started having alternative alcoholic beverages of the lower calorie variety. This can also include a drunken pit stop at a takeaway on the way home at the end of the night. This is on a non fast day and I’m definitely not willing to give this up. I have however been more conscious about bypassing the takeaway on the way home when I have the willpower.

So, I wanted to join the thread to share experiences with people with a similar weight loss goal to mine – and maybe learn some tips along the way too!

Cheers 🙂

Hello all…especially the newbies!

Bit of a rough day…feeling REALLY hungry and it is so cold here today too! I have also had to contact the skin clinic to see if I can get an appointment…skin is feeling pretty ucky.

Oxforddon – weightloss os a personal thing..I have been on the plan for some time now – and have certainly hit some plateaus! Check your TDEE – if you lose weight then you may need to readjust what you eat on non-fast days…..and stick with it – the weight DOES start to shift again!

Ghirl: You sound as if you are making 5:2 fit in with your lifestyle – which is the way to go! I would be wary of alcohol…even on a non-fast day – you can easily drink WAY over your TDEE! (Or I could anyway!)Have you thought about having one diet coke and then the next drink is vodka and diet coke…then another plain diet coke (You can always tell people it is a Virgin Cuba Libre!)…and make sure that the takeaway is a ‘sensible’ choice too…those kebabs can pack away a serious number of caloried..but a chicken tandoori from the Indian is do-able!…Noone is going to tell you to give up the weekly night out…but you can do a fair bit to minimise the damage!….And don’t fprget that the more weight you lose, the more a shot of alcohol will affect you!

Well done Ghirl and welcome. Buttonboots has given the same advice I was thinking. You need your night out and if you didn’t have it due to diet, you wouldn’t stick with it long and the 5:2 is all about fitting the lifestyle eating into your life. You’ve had a good loss so far. I do wish I had found this when I was 29 not at 54!

I know what you mean about being shocked by the scales. I knew my weight in KG but after I had been on here a while I decided to convert it into lbs and stone to see what it was and went into the depths of despair. How did I ever let myself get there! It is funny that I used stone till a teenager then it disappeared here in OZ and never really connected the conversion.
    Off to work now,

Cheers all

Thanks for the suggestions Buttonboots. I will certainly give the alternating drink strategy a go and see how I get on! but that is good advice!

Speckles – I know exactly how you mean with the scales. I think I consciously knew my weight was creeping up and up but would never confront a set of scales because I wanted to avoid just how bad I had got! And I don’t think there is ever a right age to make a lifestyle change and reading through other forums on this site I’m amazed at some of the stories of people living in different places, different ages etc. Its really inspiring and good motivation for me to keep going.

Have a good day all!

Hi Everyone!

Buttonboots hope you are feeling better today!!

Welcome Oxforddon69 and Ghirl1987!

Oxford Good advice from Speckles and Buttonboots – check your TDEE and stick with it – I’ve had lots of plateaus but eventually it does start to shift again!

Ghirl you’ve had a great loss so far well done!! You are kind of following the same path as me, during the week I have two fast days, Tuesday and Thursdays and on Monday and Wednesdays I eat way under my TDEE but at the weekends I do relax a little and normally eat above my TDEE. Since the start of the year I had cut out all alcohol completely until a couple of weeks ago and have now started to have some on Friday nights, its a little treat and something to look forward to at the weekend, and I’ve still been losing. I find that, for me, this is really sustainable. I also walk quite a bit during the week and I give myself Saturdays and Sundays off. Lots of people here are following different paths but the longer you follow 5:2 the more you will understand what works for you best!

Hey everyone!

Great to see people on this thread again. It’s been very quiet of late. My little fella has stopped napping most days, so the 2 hours or so I had to try and run my (very small) business and have time to come on here has all but disappeared.

Hope you’re feeling better BB and that your skin is feeling less yucky. Cold and miserable here too and I’ve had to put the heating on. It’s nearly June for goodness sake!

Welcome Oxford and Ghirl. You’ve had some great advice and nothing that I can add to. That’s a great loss Ghirl! It was hitting the scales at 17 stone 3 lbs that finally made me decide I had to do something about my weight. It’s a shock, isn’t it!

Completely agree Speckles, if only this diet was around when we were younger. Mind you having said that, I was probably wasn’t in the right place mentally back then and I probably wouldn’t have succeeded anyway. Hitting 17 stone and not wanting to be an older AND fat mum are the two catalysts that have prompted me to make this work.

How’s the vibration machine going Speckles?

I hope that you’re all having a great week and that your fast days are going well and that you’re getting all your steps in SB! Fast day for me tomorrow. I’m finding I’m cold even on non-fast days at the moment. Anybody else finding that? I suppose the 4 stone of fat that I’ve released must have been keeping me warm like a whale’s blubber!

Morning everyone. Had a sudden thought yesterday that the whale comment I wrote was really insensitive. We are on a thread where we all want to lose 6+ stone and I’m talking about whale’s blubber. Sorry ladies – I’m pretty sure we’ve all felt/feel like whales and I meant no offense. I was talking in the literal sense about maybe my fat really was keeping me warm.

Anyway, have a fab day and Bank Holiday weekend if you’re in the UK and huge apologies if any of you lovely ladies were offended by my insensitive comment.

Hi everyone! Ahh NG I didn’t find your comment insensitive it made me smile actually!!!

Weigh in for me today and I’ve said Bon Voyage to another pesky pound this week and sent it on its travels! I hope it gets lost and never comes back!!

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!

Hurray SB!! That’s great news again. Another pound has packed it’s bag. Maybe it will have a romance in some far flung corner of the world and you’ll never see it again!!

Haha NG! I really hope so!!

Hi Girls, I have enjoyed my few days dog sitting and will go back in another couple of days but in the meantime I get to used the computer at home which is easier than the tablet.

I tried out my friends slow cooker which was really good and fed me for the whole week. I may look at investing in one but I have such a small kitchen in my unit I will need to sort things out first.

I realised that part of my weight gain has been from finishing work so late at night – often leaving anytime between 7 to 9pm and being so hungry just grabbing something quick and easy to have for dinner. So I am making an effort to cook in advance, hence the slow cooker.

NG you asked about the vibration machine and I do like it. As I am not here so often I am still taking it slowly, had a couple of days with a very sore back but I was also lugging bags back and forth and I suspect it was more that than the vibration machine. It has taken a bit to get used to as you get to feel all the fat shaking around LOL Bit like your whale blubber NG which I am sure no-one took offence to.

I will get on the scales tomorrow but have had a good week with the exception of a lemon tart at a funeral which was the deceased lady’s favourite thing so it was served with coffee as a tribute.

We have had a sudden cold snap and winter has entered our sunny Sydney with a vengeance. I am feeling the cold a lot more so far but don’t know if it is lack of coverage or just that we got so used to the warm days.

Well done Sky B on tossing that extra pound away. I hope you told it never to come back!

Ghirl and Oxford how are you both travelling. Feel free to share your tales of woe as well as your highlights as we love to hear it all.
    Fitandfab, Are you still around- I hope so as I would love to get together at some stage, being near neighbours.

That’s it for now

I jumped on the scales this morning and the first thing it is was Ouch then after that it told me DRUM ROLL PLEASE 2.3kg has been released and both the scales and I are VERY happy! I hadn’t seen a change in the scales for 10 days or so, so this was a bit more than usual and I am over the moon.

I am wondering if the vibration machine has anything to do with the extra release of weight. – quite possibly.

Getting close to my first goal and it seems so achievable. I will re-assess my goal when I get to it.

I have a friend coming for lunch so am treating myself to a non-fast day and have had milk in my coffee this morning which is such a treat. I don’t mind black coffee at all but sometimes that dash of milk make all the difference.

I hope you all have a great week as well. Cheers

Morning everyone.

Wow Speckles, that is FABULOUS!!! Well done you. You really must over the moon. You absolutely deserve that milk!! Keep us posted on the vibration machine.

My weigh in was yesterday morning and another 3lbs released, which brings me down to 13 stone (well 12 stone 13 3/4 to be precise but I round up unless it’s 1/4 lb). I can’t quite believe that the scales might start with a 12 properly at my next weigh in.

Have a great weekend everyone. Absolutely beautiful weather here so far this weekend.

WOW WOW WOW!! NG and Speckles that’s fabulous news!!! Well done to you both!!!

Wow, well done to both NG and Speckles. That’s amazing.

Another 1lb off for me this week after a week of plateau, so pretty pleased with that, especially as there’s been a fair bit of eating “well”. Am now well inside the 14s and about 8lb from my second goal.

The fast days feel very routine now.

NG how wonderful to be hitting the 12 st next weigh in. Well done on your 3pound loss. I still get confused with converting stone into KG I know 2 Kg = 2.2 pounds but cant remember if there are 14 or 16 pounds in a stone and if it is 14 where am I getting the 16 from? Maybe Ounces?

MMe great work especially after a plateau. Every pound counts even 1/2 a pound counts. I equate it to a pad of butter or a pumpkin.

Do any of you “project your weight release in advance? Such as I KNOW that next week I am aiming for a .6 release so in my mind it has already happened and I can visualise it on the scales. I have been doing this each week, even on the not so good weeks and the scales have come pretty close to what I project.

Has anyone heard from LA? I do hope she is alright. I wish we could private message people from here.

It is so cold here, I need to get into bed to get warm.

Have a great week everyone.

1kg = 2.2lbs, a stone is about 6.5kg (there are 14lbs in a stone). And yes, 16 ounces in a pound.

LA is having a bit of a tough time. She’s started another thread. Struggling with cravings, I think. 😕

Thanks MMe, I was worried about her. Maybe we can all send her some positive vibes.

morning all
    Well done peeps, loads of weight being flung to some far off corners of the world. Had a smile at my weekly date with the scales this morning, 4 lbs gone. I did jump on and off to double check but will take that, even though I’m sure the batteries will need replacing soon. Started doing short bursts of leg exercises this week and think I’m already feeling stronger. I did a very short but steep walk I previously struggled with this week and surprised myself as I managed it with ease and not out of puff! It was one of those little moments where I am finally realising how far I’ve come over the last few months. I recalculated my TDEE off the site and wow – quite a change since the last time I did it so must be careful on those fast days. Am off on a short break with the family in a few days so will have to be good in advance. Sending everyone a share of my smile and hope it catches on. Have a good few days all…

Afternoon!….and a very cold afternoon it is too!

I live on the coast, and we have a thick sea fog today.

Well done on the losses – my scales-free month is coming to an end – and I am SO nervous!

I so agree about the recalculation of TDEE. When I started 5:2ing I was able to eat so much more!

Fasting today…so I am going to take my mind off food and do a little embroidery. …Dinner for tonight is pretty much planned, so no worries there. (Indian style chicken thigh and probably cauliflower rice)

Have a good day/week folks!

Hello All

firstly well done to everyone’s losses over this past week! To see as much as 4 pound losses in the space of a couple weeks is very motivating.

I lost 2 pounds this week which I was very happy with, so now down to 16 stone 8 pounds. My first milestone is to get below 16 stone so I’m going to work hard to get there! I’ve got plans to play badminton this week so at least that is a bit more exercise!

Surprisingly it is a beautiful day here in Scotland (not often we say that!) and I went for a slow but long walk during my lunch break. I’m also on a fast day today so I’m just trying to keep busy in work to make it to dinner tonight!

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all! I tried to get on the Forum yesterday but got an error message did anyone else experience this? Oh well its working now!!

MMe, Lisa and Ghirl fantastic news on all your losses well done all of you!!!

I’m really sorry to hear LA is having a hard time at the moment, I hope she comes back to us soon, like Speckles says lets send her some positive thoughts.

Well I’ve fell off the wagon. Completely, totally and entirely!! I’ve fallen off it with a great big crash! Now, I know I’ve said this before that I’ve had a bit of a pigfest over a weekend and I’ve managed to pull back a lot during the week and still lose weight. But this time folks, it was much more than a pigfest it was a DINOSAURFEST – a great big meat eating dinosaur at that! First it was a bank holiday weekend, with an 18th birthday thrown in, party food, alcohol you name it, it went down my gullet before you could say Flash Harry and into my tummy. Then we had folks over on the Sunday and more merry making. Then Monday I couldn’t bothered to be good so stuffed my face good and proper again. Decided we would still fast Tuesday and Thursday, so fasted all day yesterday only to say ‘bugger it’ and had a big fat McDonalds last night for tea!!!! We had even cooked our 5:2 dinner and threw them away!!! What a complete waste. I think the train of thought was, well we’ve blown it already this week and we also have guests coming to stay on Friday for a couple of days so we thought ‘sod it’ may as well have the week off now – and a week off we’re having!!! We have thrown in the towel this week and have decided not to fast tomorrow either. I’m not too despondent really, its made me laugh in a way. We have been so good for five months now and not touched alcohol really but My God we went beserk on Saturday!! So, this week is a right off but we will be back next week with a vengeance!!! It’s kinda good to let your hair down once in a while, but I’m not sure if I’ll be stepping on the scales on Friday ha ha. Might wait another week before I do that!!

Hope you’re all having a lovely week!!

Afternoon everyone!!

Great news MMeM, Lisa and Ghirl. Well done all of you for those fab releases!!

Wow BB, the scales-free time seems to have passed very quickly, although I’m sure it didn’t feel like that to you! I’m both nervous and excited for you and look forward to hearing the results.

SB I’m with you again this week! I’ve stuffed my face over the Bank Holiday, eaten lots of chocolate cake and party food and I’m generally now feeling a bit yuk. Not that that has stopped me from just finishing the last bit of cake!!! Old habits really do die hard. I’m glad you’re not feeling too despondent SB. I’m not either, but I am feeling pretty annoyed with myself as I was teetering on the brink of 12 stone something and I’ve just thrown that away. Plus I’m going away for a night on Friday which will no doubt be more of the same!! Having said that I did have a good fast day yesterday and I plan to have another tomorrow, so I’m on damage limitation. The thing is, last time I went off track (only a few weeks ago!!) I enjoyed what I ate, whilst this time I haven’t as much, so I’m really hoping that the need to pig out every now and again is now well and truly out of my system. Plus I’m pretty certain now that sugar is a trigger for my rosacea. This is a good thing, as cake is my downfall, so on Sunday when I get back from my city break I’m going to fast PLUS I’m giving up all sugar for 2 weeks from Sunday. That includes fruit, which I love, but I really want to see if it helps the rosacea. I love my fruit breakfast and I’m not really sure what I’ll be having for breakfast instead, but I AM NOT EATING SUGAR IN ANY FORM FOR 2 WEEKS, STARTING ON SUNDAY. Sorry for the caps, but it’s for me to look at if I feel myself slipping. My 46th birthday is in less than 2 weeks and I want to be firmly at 12 stone 10 or less by then.

Hope you’re all doing well. Is it my imagination, but do we all seem to have very good weeks around the same time and sometimes a bad week at the same time?

NorthernGal, here’s a post you might appreciate: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=473452 . I can tell you that since eliminating sugar, my rosacea has completely gone. My skin has never been so soft and clear. I’m quite amazed, as I’ve had bad outbreaks all my adult life. Hope this will be the same for you. 🙂

I’ve been away, so I need to read and catch up. Hope everyone is doing well!

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 947 total)

You must be logged in to reply.