I can't lose weight 😒

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I can't lose weight 😒

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Merryme 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I am 19 and I am not actually overweight my height is 171 cm and I weigh 64 kg so my BMI is about 22 . But I have some fat around my belly , thights and butt (not much but still want to get rid of them )and my objective is 56 kilos and a healthier loon so I’m currently decreasing my calories intake and even starving my self at night and sometimes I can’t even sleep because I’m too hungry but I didn’t cut on carbs I only started eating smaller portions(like 5 table spoons of rice/couscous a day let’s say or a tortilla roll of vegetables hummus and chiken breast but that’s it and if there’s a salad I’d have some for lunch , a banana and homemade granola bar witout sugar (honey instead) for breakfast and after that I stop eating until the day after or sometimes when I just can’t anymore I’d eat an apple around 19 pm ) , I’ve been working out for 1 and a half or two hours a day or sometimes more than that( I start with moderate intensity walking then some jumping jacks 50 then I move to 30 crunches 50 sit ups 15 push ups 30s plank 20 lunges 100 squats …) but nothing happened , It’s true that I’m feeling lighter and more energetic and I enjoy the slight pain In my muscles the day after and my stomach seemed flatter (to me) but my scale is telling me a different thing , I lost no weight , at all ! and this same thing happened before , I tried cutting on carbs and I stuck to only vegetables and fruits ( I didn’t workout back then but I am a naturally active person I enjoy wasting my energy :3 and I walk a lot a day in my daily life ) and still didn’t lose any kilos 😒 what shall I do ?

Hajer, you are eating way too much sugar. For example, banana, granola, honey, couscous and apple are all simple sugars. This sets up a cycle of rapid blood sugar rises and crashes that cause cravings and fat storage. No proteins or fats that your body absolutely needs. Get rid of the sugars and empty carbs (the granola is loaded with poisons called lectins) and add proteins and healthy fats like whole eggs, avocado, olive oil, grass fed butter, small fish and shellfish. Eat lots of veggies like spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, lettuce, kale, carrot and sweet potato. Eat fruit only when it is locally grown and in season.

5:2 is about cycling how many calories you eat. 2 days a week you eat <500 (I’m assuming you’re a woman) and on the other 5 you eat TDEE. (google it and you will find a chart)

Exercise is important for good health but not too effective for fat loss. More than one hour is usually counter productive. Intensity is more important than duration. One half hour of intense exercise is plenty.

Hajer, sorry to say, part of it could be your age. Your body is still building itself and what you describe used to be called ‘baby fat.’ If you Fast 2 days/week and cut the sugar, as diver dog suggests, you should see some results. The way you are eating now is unsustainable and sounds unhealthy. The apple for lunch is ok, but have higher protein for breakfast [eggs for example], and lean protein with veggies for dinner. if you need to see some Fast menus, click on my name. You will see my profile which mentions my blog, then visit it to get some more ideas of what to eat on Fast Days.
    Good luck.

Hajer,
    I hear what you are saying. It seems you are not happy with some of your shape, not exactly your weight. Some stubborn fats, particularly around the navel, hips and thighs can only be successfully removed through surgery. Diet and exercise can only do so much for you. Regardless of what people say, spot-reducing does not exist; only through liposculpture or liposuction it can be achieved.

Hajer,
    there is very little difference between honey and sugar. They are both natural, plant derived, simple sugars (glucose + fructose), and can be deadly if consumed in large amounts.

Thank you it’s helpful but I want to clarify that the granola bars I’m eating are the ones I made at home (oats nuts honey and peanut butter )
    Since I’m a student I eat what my mother cook so yes I just gave an example I do eat fish and our meals are cooked with olive oil but I really don’t like many vegetables I tried sticking to a vegetables diet but I found that I only eat few of them (and yes I’ma girl ).
    Thank you so much .

No , I don’t have a problem with my shape it’s actually the contrary :3
    I’m tall so my shape is perfect , my weight is perfectly divided over my whole body (what always makes people tell me that I don’t need to lose weight and that if I do I’ll be very skinny (unhealthy = not a very likeable look) losing the weight I’am wanting to lose is not going to change my shape and I’m sure of that , it’s just that compared to my age , I should weigh less than 64 kilos , and have a flat stomach ( I look like I have one because as I said my shape is good but since I know my body more than any other one does I have a little bit of lower belly fat )
    I am not overweigh and even if I was , a surgery is not a choice , and I don’t think it’s recommendable in the first place , I don’t tend to spot reducing ,my body is rather athletic than slim so in my journey to flatten my belly and build abs I don’t mind losing fat all over my other body parts at all .
    Fasting two days a week and 5:2 sound good I’ll give them a try .
    Thank you

You’ve got the right idea, Hajer. Let us know how 5:2 works for you. And remember: it is a Lifestyle, not a Quick Fix.

Hi Hajar,

May I make a comment? I hope it’s OK. You are still quite young and also reasonably tall. 64kgs, as you say, means your shape and size is perfect. Losing 8kgs is not a small amount of weight and will make you thinner. In regards to you lower belly shape : are you looking down at your belly or looking at it in a mirror. If you look down it changes your posture and will make your belly look a bit bigger than it actually is. When you stand straight with good posture your belly will look flatter. I remember at your age I was also slim, athletic, and thought the same things as you.

There is something else to take note of. A healthy male has a lower body fat % composition than a healthy female. That little bit of a rounded belly is normal. It’s how women are made. As adults we carry a little more fat around the lower torso than men. To get that very lean muscle only belly can mean we have too little fat. Women who look like this, eg some elite athletes, can have their menstual cycle affected badly, having it stop.

Be aware that while you’re using 5:2 that you don’t go too low. I suggest that if you get to that 56kgs that you don’t go any lower or you may become unhealthy. You also may lose muscle which is not healthy. As you get through the next few years your shape will change a little again, and it’s meant to. What you see in the media is unrealistic, unhealthy, and often digitally altered.

Best wishes
    Merry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.