I am thinking of finishing with this calorie counting and would like advice…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I am thinking of finishing with this calorie counting and would like advice…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• So, hear me out…

Due to circumstances beond my control I found myself putting on a fair amount of weight, and found myself at 13st.
    I have been following this diet since febuary, doing the TDEE and I guess I am just under half a stone from my goal weight of 8.5

But I look fine, I am getting looks in the streets again and feeling much better in myself, in this aspect of my life at least.

What do you think, I stress that I am asking for advice and not “do what feels right for you”

KEEP GOING!!!!!!! if you are only half a stone away just do it until you reach your goal, you will feel so much better! i have stopped short so many times only to then put on weight (and i’m not saying you will put on weight) but you will feel a sense of achievement if you reach your goal 😀

H-H,

None of us here can see you, so we can’t give you a well-informed opinion. At the end of the day you do of course have to do what feels right for you!

I won’t encourage you to get to your goal, because I don’t know what your goal was. Maybe your goal was too thin… or not thin enough! Perhaps it was a weight you’d been before, or perhaps it was lighter than you’d ever been. Perhaps it was just midway in healthy BMI range.

The ‘goal’ weight is useful as we need targets and goals to motivate, but it is often just a fairly arbitrary number.

My goal had been 63kg, only really because that was a weight I’d been happy at in the past. When I got to 63kg, I actually lost another 3 – 4kg before my weight stabilized. And that’s where I’ve been for the last year. So goals can change.

You could always stop where you are for a while (not sure what your maintenance plan is?) and review. You know 5:2 works so if you do then decide that perhaps your original goal was right for you all along you can step up the fasting again and get there.

Or, you could carry on and get to goal. If it isn’t right after all you can always put a few lbs back on!

There is no right or wrong answer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.