How to break through plateau?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ormaman444444 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hey, everybody! I can really use your help!

I may be expecting results too soon, but I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for a week and a half now, for the past week I have experience no weight loss at all. At first I thought it was working wonders. The first three days i lost a pound a day, which I now am guessing might not be all because of the fasting. Because now, this past week I’ve been stuck at 161.2 pounds, not dropping a single ounce.

I have waited 6 hours after rising every day before eating, staying at a deficit of 500-700 calories of what several places have calculated my maintenance to be, and I’ve been doing strength training and working out three days a week.

Now, I know that you have to stick to it in order to see results, but It’s really frustrating not even dropping a single ounce. I feel as long as I’m in a calorie deficit I should at least drop a little bit, even if it is not a huge deficit. I have even dropped even more calories, now in a deficit of 700+ every day, and still not a single ounce lost.

I’m 5’9”, and weigh 161.2 pounds, and according to several places, my maintenance is about 2400 calories. My macros are around 45% carbs, 25% protein and 30% fat.

Do you notice anything I might be doing wrong? Or am I just out of luck when it comes to Intermittent fasting? Maybe one of you have some sort of clue what might be wrong. I should also say that I’m not only going off of the scale for results. I haven’t made much of a change in appearance, either.

Thanks a lot for any help you are able to give me. It’s really frustrating trying so hard to fast every day and getting no results for it at all, so I look forward to your replies!

Thanks!

HI! I see 2 things, maybe 3.

First, too many carbs. Carbs are what increase insulin levels and tell your body to store fat. And they are not a necessary nutrient. Eat more protein and healthy fats.

Second, exercise is good for you but has little to do with weight loss, and will cause weight gain. Stick to a couple of very short, high intensity workouts, and maybe 1 weight session.

And three, pretty much ignore the tdee calculations. In my opinion, they are way off. I never would have lost a single ounce if I ate that much! You don’t say your age, but if you are older like me, you don’t need very much to live on.

A couple of other tips: No snacking between meals, even on non fast days. No eating after dinner. Go as long as you can or eliminate breakfast. The longer your body is without food, the more it will burn the fat you already have.

So, try that for a week, and let me know what happens!

I was wondering if adding a third fast day would help break a plateau. Thoughts?

How can it be a plateau when you’ve only been following 5:2 for 10 days?

It is not a quick weight loss method, the average loss is just under 1lb per week for women and slightly more for men.

I agree with fitnfast regarding eating, too many carbs and too many calories.
    The best thing to do is calculate your TDEE on this site and select sedentary for your exercise level. Stick to that or a little below for five days and stick to 500 for a woman or 600 if you are a man, on fast days and you’ll lose weight.

What do you mean by strength training and working out? I doubt very much that you’ve done enough exercise in 10 days to gain enough muscle to show on the scales.

Hi Dancin:

This will help with plateaus: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/

Good Luck!

I’m with Amazon, it’s really early days.

I agree with fitnfast, try to cut out carbs completely

I think I overdid it….was on a 5:2, but the diet was for 5 days and non fast for 2 days a week, sometimes 3. Lost about 6.4kg in the first 3 weeks .but it has slowed down.feel like I might hit a plateau soon .and I still have like 5kg to reach my goal.any ideas on what I can do?

Firstly understand that plateaus are normal. Try increasing your activity level if possible

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.