How do I maintain weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
How do I maintain weight

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Apricot 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I have lost all the weight I wanted to.. I don’t want to loose anymore now.. But I don’t no how to keep it like this.. I was 11stone 4lb and now I’m 9stone 8lbs.. It took me just over 2months!! But I haven’t a clue what to do now

Hi Hannah,

Congratulations on losing your weight, and so quickly!

I lost a similar amount (11st5 to 9st 4-6) two years ago, and have kept it off.

You need to find the frequency and pattern of intermittent fasting that suits you.

I have reduced the amount of refined carbohydrates and added sugars in my diet and now eat bread (and eat sweet treats) at weekends only. I eat pasta rarely. They were the principal reasons for my excess weight, so cutting them out makes maintenance much easier!

I weigh myself every day, and use that to guide my eating and whether or not I need to fast.

I’ve also set an upper limit (60kg) and if I’m at/near that, I probably need to fast!

Most days, I don’t eat before perhaps 11 (so 16:8). Some weeks, generally during summer when I’m doing more exercise, I don’t need to do any calorie restricted fast days. In winter, particularly round Christmas!, I might need to do 5:2. At the moment I’m doing 6:1, although this can vary from maybe 5:1 to 10:1 depending on what I’ve been eating/ doing.

The important thing is that you don’t just stop fasting and revert to your old eating habits (quantity/quality)!

There is a maintenance thread (https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/thank-you-dr-m-for-my-success/) where maintainers old and new share stories/ ask for advice/ get support.

!

Thank you that reply was so helpful.. I’m not to sure if you no.. I have just watched some dispatch program about low fat food. They don’t actually seem to be that low in fat/sugar.. Do you no how many grams of fat I should be eating per day.. I struggled counting calories now I think I am going to have to check fat content

Hi Hannah,

Yes, the whole ‘low fat’ industry is a massive con. I’ve never bought ‘diet’ products, preferring my food to be real. Eating fat doesn’t make you fat, that’ll be the simple carbs and sugars… I’m not sure why you think you need to check fat content?

I’ve never counted calories, and I’m not counting grams of fat either!

It is possible to overthink this you know!

As a classic over thinker, I endorse what HappyNow says! I’ve just spent lots of time reading all the most recent reputable research and comment that I can. The most simple point is that all the hoo ha about saturated fats was basically not true, indeed has been part of a lie perpetrated by some very influential people over a long period of time. If you restrict your bread, potatoes, pasta and rice and cereals to only a couple of days, have sugar rarely and eat plenty of vegetables with your protein foods like fish, meat and dairy you can and should eat full fat everything. Things that combine sugar, refined carbs and fats (eg biscuits, cake etc) should be an occasional treat only. And either skip breakfast or have a high protein and fats one, like egg and bacon, omelette or scrambled egg with smoked salmon. Cook with butter, coconut oil or olive oil, not veg oils. Cream in coffee, whole milk and cheese are also fine. Don’t eat between main meals. And that’s it in a nutshell. Watch the scales and use fasting if they shift up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.