Hoping to break the 12 stone mark

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Hoping to break the 12 stone mark

This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

• I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet for a month now (with a week off due to nasty tonsilitis needing antibiotics). I’ve gone from 12 stone 9 to 12 stone 1. It’s my next fast day tomorrow and I’m hoping to drop below the 12 stone mark. Wish me luck!! 🙂

Good luck JennyM! There’s no better feeling than reaching the next number down on the scales! 🙂

Good luck!!! We can be 12 stone buddies – I just reached that landmark at my last weigh in (1st Saturday of the month is weigh in day for me), after a year of 5:2. I wonder what the weather’s like on the other side!

Ooh good luck – I am still viewing the 13 stone mark – but feelin positive and motivated. Let us know how you get on!

Well done on your loss so far and keep up the good work.

good luck jenny! fingers crossed for you, xx

Good luck Jenny, sure you’ll make it girl……………just keep going!!!!!!!

🙁 I’m still 12st 1oz. I don’t really understand as my weight loss has been so consistent up until now and I’ve not put weight on again on the in between days. Until now. The first time I dropped to 12st 1 I went back up to 12st 4 (I blamed this on my time of the month) then I dropped to 12st 1 again and then went back up to 12st 2 then dropped to just 12 st 1 again. I’m feeling quite despondent, I’ve never dieted before but I’m led to believe this plateau is normal in most diets. Is it the same for this diet? I’m trying to watch what I eat in between days and I don’t think I over eat (especially since I started the fasting!)

Jenny your doing really great, we all have the odd time that weight sticks but remember your inch loss may be kicking in now, id advice you to try some clothing you havent tried on for a while, i didnt lose for nearly 4 months in that time i dropped 3 dress sizes! weight stayed the same, best of luck and keep going xx

Inch loss would be handy as I’m hoping to squeeze into a dress at the end of September that was a ‘little snug’ at the beginning of August! I will dig out my tape measure and check what’s going on there too!

Hi I have been doing 5 2 for two weeks first week lost 4 3/4 pounds this week 1 1/2 so pleased like you I now weigh 12 stone and hope to be 11 stone something next week I am finding it ok and try to keep busy on fast days.

Thanks for all the support. 🙂

I’m on a fast day again today, starting point 12st 1oz (I even went to 12st 0oz over the weekend, despite eating lots of my sons birthday cake!) Hopefully I’ll see an 11 on the scales in the morning! 🙂

Fingers crossed

Oooh, so close JennyM! Ditto Puny’s comment 🙂

YAAAHOOOOOOI! 11st 13oz!!!! I celebrated with a bacon roll and regretted it immediately! Still, very chuffed. Still not found my tape measure but my thighs don’t rub together so much already and my tummy is definitely flatter! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

<twirly happy dance>

Yay! Well done! 🙂

Fantasic news jenny! i knew you could do it, im still waiting to hear if that dress fits! go on try it on and let us know xx

Fantastic! 🙂

Well done I am on week 1 and fasting day two. I am currently 12st 7ish and hoping to shift the stubborn 2 stone that I have. I too can’t wait to see the scales say 11 something.

That’s great news!!!! Well done!!!!

Well, the scales are still going down, 11st 12oz this morning. 😀

I tried the dress on yesterday too, I was going to leave it a little longer but couldn’t resist! It felt much better on, shall we say I was a little less “buxom!”. There’s still room for improvement and my final goal is still over a stone away, but having gone below 12st for the first time since my son was born I now have the 10st mark to beat which I haven’t seen since my daughter was born!

I have achieved a lot in the short time I have been on this diet, and there is still so much more to achieve. Thanks for the help and support!

well done! But find the tape measure and record bust, waist, hips, thighs,calves and upper arms. As the weeks tick by you may find as I have that the scales appear to be broken but the shrinking continues.

Enjoy getting to below 12 stone and looking fab in that dress. Wear it as much as you can because in a month it may well be much too big!

yay! go you! well done jenny, you must be so chuffed with yourself,

im 12 stone 12.5lbs this morning its been many many years since ive seen those numbers,

after 6 weeks off work ive had many comments on how much ive lost in thoses weeks but its only about 7lbs so i know its the inches dropping again,

i have my first pair of size 14 fitted trousers that fit a little snug so keep trying them on before they end up to big like my size 16s, i only brought them the begining of the summer.

its 40.5 lbs lost to date for me i will never have to “diet” again now ive found this plan. i LOVE this way of life xx

Hi I weighed in this week and though I only lost 1/4 of a pound I am now 11 13 3/4 soo pleased.I love reading all your postings.Good luck everyone.

Had my first “have you lost weight?” comment this afternoon. It felt brilliant!!

Good work everyone else who’s following this thread. And fast for life, that is an amazing weight loss, go you!!

thank you jenny, i still have a way to go. get used to those comments as im sure many more will be comming your way soon xx

Well done to all, very encouraging. I’ve sent for some digital scales from Amazon, as my old ones are not very accurate, so hope I don’t weigh more than I think I do! Watch this space, should get them this week sometime. Happy dieting to all!

I find the needle moves too much on non digital scales especially the more I bend over to try and read it. Digital are so much easier. 😀

i bought a new set of digital scales a few weeks ago, they were 4 lb heavier so i just added 4 lbs to my starting weight, xx

Hi Jenny, just wanted to share with my 12 Stone buddy 😉 I did my monthly weigh in on Saturday – 2lb more shifted and I’m down to 11st 12. It must be almost 20 years since the scales have seen these numbers for me. Woohoo!

I also had giggles trying on formerly tight clothing. I bought a pair of very small 12 trousers about a month ago and a pair of size 10 trousers at about the same time. I could get both of them on and buttoned up but wouldn’t have wanted to sit down in a hurry, if you catch my meaning. 1 month on and they are ready to be aired in public. Loving life today 😉

Fab news Tracy J, it’s definitely strange seeing the scales stop with an 11 at the front! Great news about the jeans too! I noticed today that I’m doing my belt up on it’s tightest fitting. That made me smile! 😀

I’m very jealous, TracyJ! I had one triumphant summer a couple of years ago wearing slightly-too-big size 12 jeans after dropping a couple of sizes with the Dukan diet. Didn’t take long for me to bounce back up to my default size of 14, though! I would dearly love to give those jeans another airing – maybe I should dig them out and keep them visible in my bedroom until I feel that I stand a chance of getting my ample bottom into them! Well done to termac and JennyM also – you must be feeling elated! Have a good week everyone 🙂

StephB, yeah do it – why not! Whatever keeps you motivated 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply.