Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 697 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Borealis 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 698 total)

• Sharing some music from friends in town – fellow music teacher and her violinist daughter – “Coventry Carol” — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6sXekNcjw0&feature=share

@songbirdme: It’s a lovely thing to play music together. I remember, years ago, when I could still play the piano, and my daughter played the flute, how beautiful it was to play duets.

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Well, we feasted and it was a nice, relaxed and low key Christmas. Today is St. Stephen’s, another holiday but unfortunately not here. Does not matter because DH is still off until the New Year. Might go to work on the 3rd but might start with the beginning of spring semester on the 7th of January.
    It snowed overnight, just a day late. We had a brown Christmas! Ice cold weather is in the forecast.
    Yes, the problem now with food is in the goodies all around the house and left overs. I will eat them (give DH bigger pieces 😄) but not buy anymore cakes, pies or other sweets. Hope it will be gone in a few days. I will restart our WOL/WOE on January 1st the latest.

Have a good Wednesday everyone! 😊❤😊

Day 26, UK, CD

After indulgences yesterday, I managed a CD today 🙂 . Had to work too so it really feels like the festivities are over. Back to normal now I guess, I feel a bit tired.
    Haven’t been weighing myself because I don’t want to, I can tell by my clothes and how tight they are, that I put on weight. Ah well, on wards we go 🙂

@michelinme I’m fine now, recovered fully from my awful flu, thanks for asking xx

@ciren2 I feel for you, its hard when children fledge :hug: . It makes it just a bit easier that technology these days will allow you to see and speak to each other whenever you get a chance, its not the same but its something 🙂

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday ❤

Day 26 – Eastern WA USA – ?

The scale has been creeping up with all the feasting, but the family and friend connecting time has been wonderful. Actually more will continue as my son, daughter and I head up to Canada to see some of my family at the end of the week. So far fasting since 10:00 PM last night and it’s about 1:31 PM. As someone else mentioned there are things that need to be eaten… some things can go into the freezer or be given away. I have some lovely pears calling to me. I think cheese and pear will be how I break this fast at some point.

Thank you @songbirdme for sharing the lovely carol by your friend and daughter.

@redrockgirl302 – sounds like you have a plan for the left overs. All your walking probably helps too. I need to get more activity into my day as well.

@shinything – so glad you’re feeling better!

@ciren2 – sending (((hugs)) from afar as you adjust to your daughter being farther away.

Enjoy this Boxing Day, in some places at least!

Day 26, Guildford UK, NFD

Have to say had a wonderful 2 days. Not exceeded my TDEE. So no Xmas stuff, just 2019 stuff.

And I exercised, and I danced.

Watch out world 2019 is going to be awesome and I internet promise to dance from 1 Jan 2019.

I can’t host in Jan 2019 (tax accountant) but will be no 2, if we have a host?

Will host March 2019.

But it will mean exercise and dance! I guarantee a song a day.

Mari

Much love

Day 26 Ohio, US — FD(#41)
    Days 24 and 25 NFD’s

This has turned out to be a strange holiday — since the dental procedure a week ago, some sort of mouth/throat infection has developed and I’ve been in and out of bed in a cycle: up for a couple of hours and then zonked out in bed for a couple of hours. This has given the holiday a slow-motion stroboscopic effect. I went to the clinic today and received a prescription that hopefully will help things to clear up. The busy sleep schedule as well as talking with family and friends has meant that there’s been zero exercising for the last week. There is definitely a need to catch up on the regular health practices.

A little work drama that I couldn’t handle from home meant that I had to go in to my office for the afternoon. With any luck the continuing work stress and the infection will be cleared up by year’s end.

@shinything I definitely know that “little bit snugger” feeling with the clothes.

@redrockgirl302 I’m with you — now is the perfect time for restarting!

Days 26 & 27 – Japan – NFDs

Somehow a sprained my forefinger. Doesn’t hurt much, but it limits what I can easily do. For example opening a bottle is really hard.

Day 27, Emden Germany, FD

spend lovely days with my DH’s family, now fasting for the next 2 days before we go to the next family party on the weekend.

@borealis we both didn’t do too bad, we managed to stay under our TDEE.

@missybear I don’t seem to have the best strategy for keeping the weight down. I somehow lost it.

@matpi I hope you’ll feel better soon.

@rainbowsmile didn’t @at offer to host the January challenge?

Pocket list day 27

@snowflake56 1st of B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 27 U.K. FD
    Seem to have too much left over from the feasting, dangerous times as now home alone! OH back at work and we are now back in London having returned from Somerset with left over food goodies plus the ones we have been gifted! The past three days were lovely with family enjoying the festivities but I’m exhausted from hosting!
    Still don’t like my photo being taken, they don’t lie, great motivation for returning to this WOL!
    All that purchasing, planning and present buying angst and pressure to make it special for everyone is all over for another year, was it worth it? Yes for all the love and joy we shared but a work in progress still in keeping it simple.

Christmas Day came with mixed emotions as a dear uncle passed away, a blessing for him as his life had become intolerable for him but sad for immediate family who have lost both their elderly parents in the space of three months. It feels for a couple that were so beautifully in love with each other and very spiritual that his dear wife had gone on to prepare their eternal life together and then came for him, they are now happily reunited and at peace, you can’t feel sad about that.

It’s been lovely to read about everyone’s joyful celebrations.

@arelkade – Hello and so pleased you will be joining us again in 2019, have missed your early morning happy posts.

@ciren2 – love and best wishes to you. The emotions must travel all over the place, they will get better. Time and modern technology I’m sure will help in adjusting and finding a different way to love and share your lives

@michelinme – this is the first year when I haven’t been wrapping presents on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, it’s the worst part of the whole season no wonder a Christmas pudding was needed! Lucky are those that get my early wrapped gifts….

Right back to why I’m here!
    Lovely to see you today @snowflake56, I’m sure we can undo some of the past days! Good luck.
    Day 27 Pocket List
    @snowflake56 1st B2B
    @dingping

Day 27 Country West Australia NFD – NEITBPD (Not Even In The Ball Park Day!!)
    wrote a long post which has disappeared into the ether.
    So just to say blessings and greetings for the festive season and hoping to finish 2018 as I mean to start 2019 – making healthier food choices and finally getting back in to the routine of fasting which I have not done for weeks.
    As the cook for 2 households now, I have eaten a veritable mountain of food as I prepared for Christmas and tasted LOTS of delicious Christmas delicacies .
    I started this WOL 2 years and 2 months ago and it has been a bit of a rollercoaster journey, from great success and mindful eating and fasting to gobbling lots of food I don’t even like!
    Can’t quite fathom some of my self sabotaging behaviours out but hope to re-focus from today, albeit with a helluva New Years’ Eve party planned at ours!!
    Happy holidays and looking forward to reconnecting with some of the 5:2 family.
    😅👍🥂

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Days 24 and 25 were wonderful, but yesterday our elderly cat had a fit and I tried to comfort her and she bit my hand, she was just out of it and didn’t know what she was doing,,,,,but ouch and the blood!!! I had to go to hospital to get the wound dressed and I have to take 2 antibiotics for a week with strict instructions not to drink alcohol, apparently its particularly dangerous to drink with one of the drugs I will be taking until 2 January……so I will be having a dry New Year’s Eve. I have to take the pills 3 times a day with food so I won’t fast until I’ve finished taking them, so perhaps just as well I won’t be drinking lots of alcohol calories. I plan to fast on 3 January.

Strength to the Thursday fasters 💪

Above post should read Day 27……and that’s me sober 😉

Day 27. CD. Again.

@rainbowsmile – that’s one of my resolutions too. To dance. I’m a terrible dancer but I’m going to get better. I don’t want to do anything in particular, just to look normal when some music comes on and I start moving. Any recommendations or ideas of how to do that, gratefully received. I’ll probably look at YouTube, which is like the oracle these days.

Hope everybody is well ( ish) and happy, and looking forward to 2019. H 😳😳😳

Day 27 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Today will be present opening time and big meal with granddaughters now home here. Hope to catch up on posts with everyone soon!

Onward and downward.

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    SO annoying…I just submitted a long post only to lose it because I wasn’t logged in AARRGGHH!
    So,(again) back at work after a somewhat stressful and emotional couple of days…a few weeks really! Some normality is restored.
    DD messaged to say she arrived in Melbourne safely, met up successfully with her old love from a year ago (when he was on secondment in the UK) ate dinner together and are now happily tucked up in her airbnb apartment in the city centre, which she has rented for five days.
    Over the next couple of weeks she must acclimatise, get transport, join her house-mates in Pakenham, and then start her new job at the Ellinbank Dairy Research Centre, further to the east along the motorway.
    Thank you so much to everyone who has sent love and hugs to me over the last weeks and on this page
    @shinything
    @annemarilyn
    @dingping
    you are all such lovely people xx

@rainbowsmile: I seem to recall, back in November, that @at said she’s host January.

Day 27 Melb Aust FD (1000 cals)
    Day 26 FD (1200 cals)
    Day 25 NFD

Hoping tomorrow’s FD will be better than the last 2 – very hot here in Melbourne and I’ve eaten too much because I have to eat something 3 times a day with the antibiotic (ear infection) – frustrating! Which reminded me to take the next dose – 3 hours late, 3 a.m. instead of midnight. Why posting at 3 a.m.) – hot, hot, hot!!! 41 degrees C today, and still 26. Will be cooler in another day or so. I was wanting to get to 80 kgs by the end of December – not going to happen, but maybe below 82? – now 82.8kg.

@matpi, sorry to read of the infection following your dental procedure – hope you recover soon

@shinything, glad you’re feeling better

@debster251, @redrockgirl302 & @dingping – the dreaded leftovers!!! Can you give some away to elderly neighbours or somesuch? Or (horrors!) throw some away?

@dingping, my sympathy for the loss of your loved uncle. As you wrote, he’s happily with his wife now, but it’s still hard for those left behind.

@songbirdme, glad you were able to safely reach your DDs after your plane change

@ciren2, it must have been hard to say goodbye to your DD, but at least these days it’s so much easier to stay in touch and travel back and forth. Christmas 2019 will come surprisingly quickly

@northerndawn, did you finally get on the scales? – was the damage much? A couple of good FDs will make a huge difference.

@borealis, I’m also trying a B2B2B, and though I haven’t kept anywhere near the 500 cals, the scales are back to where they were before Christmas, so I’m very pleased with that. Hoping tomorrow will be a more effective FD, though.

@michelinme, good that you’ve a sensitive family, so haven’t had to deal with huge amounts of Christmas “naughties”. Have you kept your weight stable?

Fat Teacher
    Day 27, Texas, FD
    Can I join you sweet girls even though it is close to the end of the month? I really should not wait even one more day! I have been here before and you are such a wonderful support group. I lost 40 lbs a couple of years ago with your help. Since, I have lost a little and gained it back over and over again. I have put on about 15 lbs and need to act now, so it doesn’t turn into the 40. I am 55, and every year it gets harder and harder!

USA Day 27 FD

Hi, everyone! Dropping in quickly for accountability and to add myself to the pocket list!

@shinything
    @annemarilyn
    @dingping
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 27 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Pocket List for the 27th:

@snowflake56
    @fatteacher
    @annemarilyn
    @dingping
    @ccco

Hope the pocket list is correct.

I was able to do a FD yesterday and am doing one today – just with one meal, not water FDs. Just trying to reign in the eating in between festivities. The scale was heading down this morning already. I love how fasting can help so quickly.

@snowflake56 – yes, definitely need the FDs between celebrations. My adult children and myself plan to head up to my family in BC tomorrow so I’m glad to have two FDs in between.

@dingping – sorry for the loss of your uncle. At least he joined his sweetheart.

@lilymartin – good to hear from you. How is it you’re cooking for 2 households? Enjoy the New Year’s celebration.

@missybear – so hope your hand heals well & quickly

@betsylee – you’re already back to before Christmas weight? Good for you!

@fatteacher – Welcome! 🙂

Hopefully making keto friendly sugar cookies to take along to family in Canada. I made a batch earlier, and my son said they were delicious. So another batch is in order.

Glad we’re on the journey together!

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Eating left overs including cake and chocolate. Found a Christmas bag yesterday in front of our door. Neighbors gave us a huge box of fabulous Belgian chocolates and a candle. Very nice. But more goodies to eat. By Jan 1 all has to be gone, eaten and/or shared!

Have a good Thursday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 27
    Florida
    NFD. supposed to be a FD but due to my circumstances, it’s not. Had to fly back home as my mom turned for the worse. Hospice is involved now. I’m spending the days at the nursing home. She did know who I was and we were able to talk a little. Now she mainly sleeping. At least I can stay with my brother and sister-in-law.
    Planning to stay through the end.

Day 27, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I’m checking in.

I’m not counting calories and doing fd until next month. @at I believe you’ll host January. Please count me in.

Keep on keeping on.

Day 27 UK NFD

Yesterday ate around TDEE, mostly veg left from Christmas dinner plus cheese & biscuits and my mini truffles. Today has been entirely black coffee, Christmas cake & clementines as different friends dropped in for coffee/tea. At least it was homemade paleo dairy/grain/gluten-free cake consisting of nuts, dried fruit, ground almonds, eggs & spices. Currently I’m around 800 calories but I don’t honestly think I could call this a FD – not exactly a balanced diet! Thinking I may have late supper now and make tomorrow a proper fast day, with some lovely yoga & meditation too.

I stayed up really late last night reading a knitting book and browsing yarn sales! I’ve got my usual Christmas holiday craving to make something more interesting and use lovely yarn, taking a break from my seasonal industrial knitting of hats for homeless people to stretch my brain by something new slowly.

My fridge has so much cheese in it, and somehow the trimmings are growing rather than shrinking. I’m going to share some of the abundance at two community gatherings this weekend, and freeze as much as possible to remove the sense of urgency – plus out of sight out of mind. And remember the wise words shared here previously – I Am Not A Bin!

@songbirdme glad you have arrived safely after your plane problems and can now enjoy snow and your family
    @shinything that’s a very swift return to work! tight clothes send useful signals – mine are stretchy but I can definitely feel the puffiness underneath!
    @annemarilyn well done getting a B2B under your belt in between the family festivities 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful time in Canada
    @rainbowsmile WOW to staying inside TDEE & dancing & exercise. Great to hear you upbeat again! Yes, @at is hosting January but be fab to have you in March. We just need someone for Feb & we’ve got a PLAN for for the next quarter!
    @matpi your somewhat delirious Christmas sounds awful. Glad you have antibiotics and hope you feel better very soon
    @dykask sorry to hear about your finger 🙁 I was rejoicing that I hadn’t broken anything this year (after last year’s wrist which caused permanent problem) and then today I stabbed myself in my good hand with scissors! Luckily they don’t have sharp points so just small cuts and a blue thumb and forefinger
    @snowflake56 good luck with your b2b FDs
    @dingping So sorry for your loss, and how hard for your cousins x
    @lilymartin Epic Face Stuffing days are not uncommon at Christmas -and Must be so much harder with two households to cater for! Hope you have a wonderful party, and look forward to seeing you next year 🙂
    @missybear your poor finger – and your poor cat! hope your hand is better very soon xx
    @emma-taylor hope you’ve had a good CD
    @ciren2 great your DD has arrived safely and is settling with support. Sounds as tho there’s a heatwave in Melbourne atm
    @betsylee sometimes FDs do become CDs. Amazing that you’ve got to your previous weight already – most of us slow down or go backwards over Christmas – well done! sorry to hear about your infection, which must be particularly hard in the heat. Not sure whether my weight has been steady but suspect not as I’m feelng pretty puffy – weekly weigh day tomorrow will tell the tale!
    @fatteacher welcome back – & well done jumping in before 15 becomes 40! Good luck with your first FD today 🙂
    @kaywesterman so sorry your mother has taken a turn for the worse, and glad you have been able to fly home and speak with her so quickly. Wishing you and your family peace in the days ahead x

Day 28 – Japan – FD (maybe)

Day 27 Ohio, US — NFD

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Things are a little better today. A big surprise this morning — my dishwasher decided to dump a load of soapy water all over my kitchen floor. As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, “If it isn’t one thing, . . . ” With the holiday schedule, the repairman was backed up and won’t be able to take a look at it until tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully it went out today and not tomorrow afternoon! The dishwasher is 16 years old, so it may be time to think about replacing it.

Today stayed right on target with the TDEE. So one step in getting back to a normal routine!

@dykask Hope your maybe-FD turns into a good FD! And sorry to hear about your sprain. With any luck it’ll be as good as new by the New Year!

@michelinme That Christmas cake sounds awesome! By any chance would you be up for sharing the recipe? Knitting for others is one of the most rewarding things going! My mother used to knit a lot when she was young and when she was making something for someone else, just visualizing how much the person would like wearing the article brought her tremendous happiness.

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD……not a chance

I have been MIA since Christmas morning with family hosting duties. Too much alcohol. Too much food. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Back to work today. My size 10 trousers are extremely snug…..but I can still wear them so that’s a win. I won’t be hopping on the scales until 2nd January, I would only upset myself, so it’s a bit of denial for the next few days.

Today however, as it’s a normal work day, I will fast until lunch, when I have a lovely 250cal chowder ready for lunch. It’s after work that might a problem….though right now I don’t want to see a plate of food or a glass of wine again..

@missybear sorry about your cat (and getting bitten). My girl has recently had two fits, both triggered when I was putting on the gas heater out on the patio. We think the tick, tick, tick, BOOM, of the gas igniting set her off. Vet told us not to worry, it happens, but I now make sure she is nowhere near the gas heater when I am switching it on. It’s a horrible thing to witness though, quite distressing, but the cat is fine afterwards. Hope you have a great NYE despite being dry.

Off to work with me.

Day 28, Emden Germany, FD

@dingping sorry for the loss of your uncle. I won’t be fasting tomorrow, have a party weekend ahead of me.

@missybear I hope the cat bite doesn’t hurt too much and heals well.

@ciren2 how nice to hear your daughter had a good start in Melbourne.

@fatteacher welcome back!

@annemarilyn after eating and drinking way too much on the 3 days with my DH’s family, I need to cut back. Safe travels!

@kaywesterman glad to hear you’ll be at your mother’s side the next days. Take care.

@michelinme I needed the extra FD’s, don’t want to get out of maintenance. My mother was a great knitter, we still have a lot of jumpers and socks she made us. We still wear them on colder days.

@matpi I hope your dishwasher can be repaired, I don’t have one, I like washing up, so calming.

@daffodil2010 after the Christmas indulgence I just don’t want to eat but I’ll have to the next days. If possible I’ll try to make good food choices, not easy, when you get everything served on a plate.

Pocket list day 28

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 28 Melb Aust FD
    Well kind-of fast day. Around 800 cals, but I guess that is acceptable. The second of 2 very hot days here – yesterday 41 (about 105F) and today 37 (98-99F). I don’t do well fasting when it’s so hot, so will just post and go to bed, I think. It’s already 10:44 p.m., and tomorrow is another day. Hope the weigh-in is okay. Should be.

@michelinme, how was your weigh-in? Hope not as bad as you dreaded. It’s great that you can share the excess food around. You are not a bin! I have even thrown some things out – gifts of cake and biscuits – ate one to be able to say how nice they were, then turfed (threw out) the rest . Great to read of the knitting. We have a group at church who knit colourful squares, then sew them into rugs to donate to various groups. My knitting is far too slow for me to do something like that, but they (and you) do a great job.

@fatteacher, great to see you on the forum. You may be in your 50s, but I’m in my late 60s, and only just doing something about the weight that has stealthily crept up and up and up over the years!!!! It’s good to be doing this with support.

@kaywestern, so sorry to read that you had to travel back so quickly because of your mother’s situation. My sincere sympathy and support at this time.

Day 28 – Iceland – FD

My fasting attempts the past two days have not been very successful, still too many chocolates around… adding myself to the pocket list for more accountability!

Pocket list day 28
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B
    @dykask (maybe)
    @betsylee
    @borealis

Day 28, Surrey (UK), FD

Happy ‘Twixmas and good wishes for the New Year. I hope you all enjoyed a joyous, peaceful and restful Christmas.

Much, much needed FD today after too many indulgences and a whopping 6lb, yes, 6lb gain in 1 week. HOW is that even possible? I will record my weight on the tracker tomorrow, after today’s FD, hoping at least some of it is water weight!

Pocket list day 28
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B
    @dykask (maybe)
    @betsylee
    @borealis
    @fatfingers

Day 28 UK FD

Late supper yesterday &finished Christmas dinner leftovers – half a sweet potato pie, roast potatoes and freshly cooked sprouts. Then ploughed through cheese & biscuits, oatcakes & honey. Because…?! Feeling v bloated today and made my FD so much harder than it needed to be, but miraculously 145lb, so only 1lb up – thus far!

The sun’s come out despite the forecast for thick cloud – I love winter sunshine. After a lazy morning it’s time for yoga & meditation, baking a loaf for tomorrow then perhaps going up to the common for some crispy fresh air and an amazing sunset. I may even take the niggling grant application up to the coffee shop for a change of scene – it’s on my mind & good to get the drafting out of the way. (Unless I do it tomorrow afternoon, after community morning, thus giving myself today as a complete day off?… hmmm)

@matpi here’s a link to the recipe. Mine came out at 1kg/2.2lb and 422 calories/100g – but so many of the calories come from nuts 🙂 Definitely keep an eye & cover the top towards the end – mine caught when left unattended.
    (I’ve been using Teresa Cutter’s recipes for a few years now – her Naked Chocolate Cake with chocolate avocado ganache is always a winner – and no-one can ever believe how healthy it is!)
    https://thehealthychef.com/blogs/recipes/gluten-free-christmas-cake

@daffodil2010 Glad you’ve had a wonderful Christmas – and great that you still fit into your size 10 trousers!
    @snowflake it’s always encouraging to hear about successful maintinance 🙂
    @betsylee well done on your FD. Thank you – I feel as tho i got off lightly thus far 😀
    @borealis hope you’ve had a good Christmas – and here we go, stronger together
    @fatfingers hopefully it’ll be easy on / easy off

Thinking of all who are struggling with illness, sadness or family difficulties on these last few days of the year.

Day 28 Twixtmas pocket list – we’re stronger together 🙂
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B
    @dykask (maybe)
    @betsylee
    @borealis
    @fatfingers
    @michelinme

USA Day 28 FD

Decided to make today another FD after yesterday’s successful one! I am lucky as I have no Christmas food left!! LOL They are not water fasts, though! Joining today’s pocket list!

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B
    @dykask (maybe)
    @betsylee
    @borealis
    @fatfingers
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Grey and foggy start at work this morning, a bit brighter now, but not much. Mail consisting of fat catalogues, holiday brochures and sales stuff. (Buy, Buy….BUY! They all scream) Resist.
    @betsylee: 41C in Melbourne? Yikes, what a contrast for DD who just arrived there a day or so ago! How do you stand it?
    @kaywesterman: Sorry that your mum is worse again. A horrible time for you. Maybe she is not too aware. ((Hugs))
    @ccco: You are doing very well with the fasting.
    @fatteacher: Great to have you with us. you’ll surely do better than me; I just run alongside the wagon! I think I (just about) get away with it because of my active job.

Day 28 – UK – NFD

Hello – hope that everyone has survived the festive season and looking forward to a brand new challenge in January 2019 – I have posted the “New Year – New Start – January 2019 Challenge” and looking forward to hosting you into the first challenge of 2019.

I have not been making great food choices over the past week and after yet another party tonight, my
    apologies for not having contributed much over the past week or reading the posts – days have just disappeared………..
    Will be pressing my RESET BUTTON this weekend – I am looking forward to fasting over the weekend – anyone else wanting to join me in a B2B Saturday and Sunday Fasting???

Day 28
    Florida
    NFD.
    Thanks for your support and comments during this time with my mom. My brother and I were called to come to the nursing home around midnight. We were expecting the worst but as of today, she’s still hanging on. We know the end will come but the waiting and not knowing is hard.
    I just want to check in and thank everyone.

Day 28 a sunny Belfast CD

Well, the fridge has been cleared, healthy soups made from the turkey stock and frozen, and all the sweet things despatched home with my boys or in the bin. There are a few chocolates left, neatly tucked into a cupboard out of sight, but to be completely honest, I’m fed up eating and feel bloated and a bit Blahh! Having a CD today to try and get back on track, but I’m out with friends tomorrow night for some more indulgence, so I’m mentally preparing to recoup on the 1st January.
    I’ve just put on a fresh batch of kefir and have sent for a scoby to try making kombucha which will be exciting. And even more exciting, I’ve signed up for a yoga retreat in Ibiza in October with some friends. How good is that!

@rainbowsmile – love your positive mentality.
    @shinything – I’m with you on the no weigh strategy. I’ll do some damage limitation until the end of the month and get on the scales then.
    @matpi – hope you are well and truly on the mend
    Sorry to hear about your uncle @dingping. It’s even more poignant at Christmas time.
    Thank you @michelinme -I will repeat… I AM NOT A BIN!
    @kaywesterman – thinking of you and your family during such a difficult time
    @fatfingers – sorry I’m so like you! While I haven’t weighed myself it feels at least like that. ☹️

Feeling positive and enthusiastic about 2019, even if I’m starting on,the back foot. As @shinything says, ‘Onwards we go!’

Day 29 – Japan – NFD

Made it through another water fast! 94 in 2018. These monthly challenges really helped.

This morning I looked really trim (for me) while taking a shower. I’m laying off the pushups, etc for about 10 days to give my finger a chance to heal. A lot of those exercises are really hard on the hands. I won’t lose much in 10 days and I want to be able to fully use my hand again. 😀

Day 28, UK, FD

I managed an FD today, first in a while :D. I can honestly say that you guys are a lifeline when it comes to staying strong ☺. Not that I’ve been strong, but if it wasn’t for this forum I might have fallen off the wagon completely. But I checked in here every day, and it helped me carry on ❤

@daffodil2010 I’m in a bit of denial when it comes to scales at the moment too, just don’t need to depress myself. Snug clothes are bad enough 😂

@missybear sorry to hear about your cat, poor thing 🙁 . And poor you for getting bitten, I hope you are ok 🤗

@debster251 same here, doing damage limitation more than fasting. I’ll hold onto you while we soldier on ☺.

Have a great evening everyone 🌹

Day 28, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Late check in, busy day. Will catch up with posts tomorrow. Weight at high end of maintenance. Have to step on the (food) brakes. Bought good food at Trader Joe’s today. Started with real food full of nutrition today but had some homemade pumpkin bread also. Will be gone soon, the first layer of my Belgian chocolates as well. Will stash the second layer away, out of sight.
    That is the plan. 😊😊😊

Hope everyone had a good Friday! Very cold here! ❄❄❄

Hi guys, I’m a newbie from Perth, Western Australia. I have I kg to get to my pre Xmas weight. I have thrown out the left over prawns, but can’t bring myself to throw out the orange glazed Xmas ham just yet. I’m extra motivated today on my 2nd consecutive fast day as I want to wear a nice dress to a New Years Eve party. It’s 11.15 am here and I am posting while riding on my reclining exercise bike. So far I have only had 2 coffees and lots of water. I’m also going to an ABBA dress up party in a couple of weeks and all the ABBA costumes are not kind to excess weight. I’m surprised I am not hungry yet after only having one protein shake yesterday .

Day 29, Emden Germany, NFD

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Unexpected LFD until dinner time yesterday, we were so busy in work that we worked through lunchtime (which I was secretly delighted about) so all I had was coffee and green tea.

DH brought me out for dinner at our local restaurant and my food choices were good (compared to previous days) and I found I could not eat everything so DH helped to clear my plate. I hate leaving food on a plate in a restaurant, I hate how they seem so concerned that you did not like your food, or worse, the chef comes out to enquire. This happened to me in a posh restaurant many years ago and I get anxious now even after all these years.

Anyway, I stepped on the scales this morning despite my denial claims….not great, but not disaster either. No way will I hit goal though but January is a new month and a new year.

Nothing more planned entertaining wise until Friday 4th January, we will have a quiet NYE at home but there will be a special meal and champagne.

@kaywesterman thinking of you at this time. Take care.
    @shinything and @debster251 denial and damage limitation will get us through the next few days then we hit the ground running
    @at I will see you on your January thread soon

Have a great weekend everyone

Day 29 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Thank you for your kind concern for our cat and my wounded finger, both are doing well….she has been fine since the fit, we took her to the vet and she has had blood tests and a thorough check up and all were clear. She has been so quiet and loving, jumping up on my lap every time I sit down, its like she senses I’m injured and is comforting me. The antibiotics I’m taking are working, the infection didn’t spread beyond my wrist and today the swelling and throbbing have gone and my hand looks normal, just have to go to get the dressing changed on Monday and keep taking the tablets. I had no idea cat bites are dangerous because of the bacteria that quickly causes serious infection.

So much booze in the house and I can’t drink 😢…..until 5 January…….twelfth night will be party night for me 🥳🍷🍾🍸

I am also in dread of the scales. I will avoid them until day 31 then accept whatever and start afresh in January. My eating choices haven’t been outrageous but my belly feels huge……wonder if antibiotics cause bloating 🤔 and how much weight gain can I blame on the drugs 😉

Have a good Saturday everyone 🤗

Day 29, London, UK, NFD ………….. what else???

So, I’ve been MIA since Xmas Eve, I suppose I was finding it tricky to type whilst unwrapping chocolates and balancing a glass of red all at once!!!!

The eating has been limitless, but relatively controlled …………. Nobody likes that “I’m about to pop” feeling which makes sleeping impossible …………….. & I do love to sleep!!!

The scales are bouncy, but more noticeable is, as @strawberriesandcream noted, the puffy face purely due to booze!!!! There hasn’t been an entirely ‘dry’ day since the 23rd, I’ll be riding the January wagons in tandem like a pair of rollerskates!!!!

I hope everyone had a fab time, we’ve just got to get through NYE & NYD then hit 5:2 soooooooooooo hard!!!!!

Happy fasting or feasting folks ……………. still praying for sideways, sideways, sideways!!!!

Day 29, Surrey (UK), NFD

You were right people…it was a case of easy-on, easy-off. Back to 150lb today, where I want to be, so that’s 4lb despatched over just 1 FD. Even after more than 1 year of this WOE, it still holds surprises for me. Who would have though it possible to go up as much as 6lb and back down again in just 1 week?

@debster251 – good planning, food-wise and yoga retreat! You are ahead of me there. My food planning starts in earnest in January, after the last of the family gatherings.

@rosy_posy – welcome. Good luck with the B2B and the ABBA costumes – you’ll be the Dancing Queen!

Day 29 – Iceland – FD (3rd attempt…)

Yesterday’s planned FD didn’t happen, there is still so much good food around and I my appetite seems infinite…🙈 My strategy today is to a) leave the house – luckily I have to go to the airport to pick up family members which is a 2 hour drive – and b) keep busy with cleaning and preparing for NYE.

@at – I’m in for this weekend’s B2B! And really looking forward to the January challenge!
    @michelinme – I had to check the chocolate cake you mentioned, it looks delicious and truly healthy! Thank you, have had a relaxing family Christmas with amazing food and some good books🙂🎄🧀📚🕯
    Welcome @fatteacher and @rosy-posy !
    @fatfingers – 4lb over 1 FD is amazing!
    @debster251 – yoga + friends + Ibiza + October sounds like the perfect combination, something to look forward to all year!

Day 29 Twixtmas pocket list – we’re stronger together💪
    @at
    @borealis

Have a wonderful weekend everyone✨

Day 29. London. UK CD for a change.

Feel a bit like a bloater so going to try to swerve food until as late as possible. We have eaten nearly all the leftovers except about a ton a cheese. Which I love.

Had a few drinks in Paris. A couple of beers one night and a glass of red wine the next. Was rewarded with terrific headaches next morning so that’s maybe a good thing. Am now back to normal. Phew.

My friend’s funeral is the 11th. Seems a long time since she died, but maybe Christmas isn’t the best time. Not looking forward to it, but she insisted there was a big party so it might not be too bad. H

Day 29 Texas FD
    Haven’t had a good start back. I am going to try again today. My son is home from college so there is a lot of cooking, eating out and junk food around the house. He goes back tomorrow so maybe that will help me get back on track. Snow here! It is pretty but need the roads to clear so son can get back to school. Good luck to all the fasters today. You can’t reach a goal without starting, even if it takes starting multiple times!

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Quite an easy day on the deliveries today, but we’ve been warned it will be very heavy on Monday (oh, GREAT!) something to look forward to then.

@rosy-posy: welcome to the group. Good to have another from “down-under”. Did I mention (just a few times!!) my DD just headed off to Melbourne for a new job contract lasting THREE YEARS!
    @emma-taylor: Once the funeral is over, it’s like you can relax a bit having given her a good send-off. A party,eh? Sounds as if your friend wanted you all to be happy xx
    @dykask: yet another water-fast for you, 94 in this year, brilliant!

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 698 total)

You must be logged in to reply.