Hi…New and Ready to do this! um…..Help?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• My husband and i watched the documentary on youtube about this diet and have decided that we would be able to do this to get healthier and lose weight. Last year my husband lost 192lbs and this year, he has gained it all back. He has copd and the medication just keeps adding the pounds. I lost 50lbs last year, but have gained 2olbs of it back. I had thyroid cancer and had my thyroid removed and after that weight loss has been difficult. Will this way of eating help? We have been eating the mediterrean style for a few weeks and have started feeling a little better, but i think adding the fasting days will help with inflammation even more. I am wondering about not eating breakfast on the day after the fast day to make the fast a little longer. We usually don’t eat breakfast but we eat lunch between 11:30 and Noon. Do you think that will make a difference? Also, I am so tired all the time, absolutely zero energy. Is there a website or book that has meals already planned and a cookbook with fast day recipes? Just realized i’ve written a book myself, sorry! I am looking forward to getting started.

Hi We have just started this and are doing the 800 calories a day plan. I would recommend the NEW 5:2 diet cookbook by Jacqueline Whitehart and also the Blood Sugar Diet recipe book which has an extensive menu planner and great recipes. Only our first week and didn’t find it too bad. Planning is the key and I am doing that all day today and putting it down on paper to follow through the week. I have also started taking a probiotic to help with gut health and inflammation. A healthy gut is essential for good health and I believe it will help with inflammation as well. Good luck.

NACsG, I have a blog for just that purpose — to help new Fasters to find recipes that fill the requirements of Fasting via the 5:2 diet. I post Sundays and Wednesdays, so that Mon-Thurs Fasters can prepare some meals. i’ve been Fasting for 5 years, maintaining for 4 years, blogging for 3 years. The oney Fast Diet book I read was the first one, so maybe I am duplicating things, but several people have found the blog to be useful. Click my ‘handle’ and see my profile. The blog URL is there.
    keencook, I’ve read that taking probiotics is not all it should be. What have you found to the contrary?
    Good Luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.