hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

This topic contains 556 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 557 total)

• hi @katab! *waving* YES! ADF (alternate day fasting) is EODF (every other day fasting) (i like to use both sets of letters so peeps will be able to identify with at least one and it helps me remember them) – funny story @ceebee59 , i will tell you in a mo) which is not 4,3 becauuuuuuuuuussseeee…… there are seven days in a week ( i do believe ;-). so its not alternative to do 4, 3 or 3, 4. i could be wrong. i am bonkers after all. you just do whatever makes every other day! mon, wed, fri, sun,tues,thurs,sat,mon, wed etc etc etc… unless events come up and its a back to back job or you just give it a miss. this isnt gonna rule my life, (hello Christmas , my favourite time of year by a country mile!)

…as for not achievable long term, i am sure that might well be true, but i am here to lose two stone then do a maybe 6, 1 for life. i want to lose weight now. thats all. but i like doing it so i will keep in trim after the first hurdle won of the battle is won., then change to a lower gear i think. i actively enjoy this. i NEVER thought i would say that and not be fibbing.

@ceebee59. ok. my story. i was on some forum looking for a diet that would suit me, and there were helpfully listed all these diets. but by initials only. was it ‘low carb friends’? or another one? ‘3 fat chicks?’ i cant recall. i didn’t write i was reading. but i was LOST i tell you. they just used initials all the time. like this:” i considered doing the LSHDUK but having been doing LCHF then switching to LC with HIIT and the turning toward HSIIOJ and having done the JF fasting and then after readying WDWGF the JUDDD i had disguarded NANYME) i decided the best thing was to go back to WW and count calories”. i was LOST! it was another language! it wasn’t helpful cos i couldn’t understand their information so i couldn’t learn! plus it was mostly about low carb (which i think is pretty good) but on my meds for my migraines (which though i am in day 6 of my 2nd in two months, are still so so so much better that i am on my knees thanking the Lord) unfortunately counter-indicate a low carb diet because of the pressure on the kidneys. so that’s out. but i can eat more healthy ones carbs. at least i can sometimes leave the house. God be praised.

i had to tell you that @ceebee59 re the initials decoding. i love games too. except that time. i said to my other half- ooh i love decoding. he said,’ it looks like a total pain is the ‘grass’ to me’

so my third fast this week. bring it on.

right, and lastly, because this is getting biblical, my famous fast day soup recipe: (it is a real goodie)

175 g mixed veg cut up into small chunks (if buying a frozen veggie mix, buy one with no added anything. ingredients should list just the names of the 12 veggies. they do respectable ones out in italy- i am sure they do in USA and UK)
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    100g borlotti/kidney/butter/etc beans (straight no sauce ie. baked beans. just beans then strain, out of a tin)
    1/2 or whole stock cube (veg or chicken or whatever you like)
    and however much water you like water, i like it wet but he likes it quite stodgy. both are good.
    half tsp flour to thicken. (but the beans are in fact enough to make it thick enough)

serves one. so double for two and freeze in individual bags.
    £1.10 per food pr fast day.
    DELICIOUS (tuscan bean soup)
    if you want to have it on a non fast day add chunks of pancetta and about 200 cals to total.
    does make it nice but as i have found -not essential.

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD POST A RECIPE FOR FRIENDS ON A FORUM. HAHA. YAY ME FOR BREAKING OUT. it’s cos i like you all. i think this groups is fab, i am comfortable here x

Hey Pamm, I am almost the same as you for height and weight, but 10 years older. My weight crept on with menopause and I went from being naturally slim 138lbs to a having a dumpy profile with an extra 15 lbs. Then this year a couple of falls, broken ribs and a herniated disc stopped me from my doing my daily exercise class regime and I added another 12 lbs. I’m now at 165lbs and feel awful enough to vow to make a change. Love to buddy with you and see if we can conquer the middle age spread. I’m starting Nov 1st. Cheers to all going ahead of me, your success is inspiring!

Pam from Canada

Thanks for that clarification why…
    BTW, I didn’t write or invent this diet…it was the authors who suggested many people wouldn’t last with EOADF and suggested 5:2. Certainly not me, but yes, many people can cope with it so kudos to you and you’re setting us all a brilliant example.
    I am not allowed to lose weight too quickly as I have liver issues and it’s dangerous for people with an impaired liver to lose weight too quickly so going 4:3 would not be a safe option for me… 😀

hi @inittothinit and welcome to my thread! everyone is lovely here. we all help each other.
    i am v confused. who is pamm? is it their user name or their real name. i welcome all new members who ask to be on this thread personally and don’t recall a pamm but i am in a lot of pain and it IS clouding my mind so i may be forgetting something. plus, you are called pam, which confuses things further! you can do this. cos if i can, with my chocolate and sugar and cake addiction, ANYONE can. i am right behind you and so are all my buddies. on that you have my word. my buddies are now your buddies its an ever growing buddy circle. and we work it!

@katab, what makes you think i thought you wrote the book! why would you be on this thread on this forum if you had. plus you would be called michael. i don’t understand , sorry. and why would you want to do more than the 5,2? its not a competition! i feel such self disgust- i have a poor self image physically cos i used to model etc etc- that i just want to lose it asap- but thats the only reason. i reckon 5,2 is about perfect.

well, i hope everyone had a great day. i am in migraine day 6 and about to have my tuscan bean soup. 3rd fast of the weak. tomorrow i eat spaghetti al ragu con carne- vitello. yum. i can’t tell you how good my soup is. you must all try it. and it is so filling. and you can drink its broth all day.

love and luck to all. if i dont check in again its cos i have actually died of pain 🙂 x

@why. So sorry your in pain. I hope it’s temporary. I toyed around with the idea of 4:3 or EODF. But 5:2 feels so easy and natural that I think I’m going to stick with it. I may change my mind in December when the holiday snackathon hits. Lol.

Welcome to all menopausal newcomers!!🙋🏼.
    Menopause really hits hard. Doesn’t it? I gained 20 pounds in 1 year. Holiday eating,a few vacations, a new sedentary job and presto! A 20 pound gain….well only 16 pounds now…yippee!!

Yes minnygirl….menopause is a difficult time and if you get the middle aged bladder and then do 5:2… Well!! You do your days exercise 24/7, lol!! But there is an end to it and life will get better eventually, I promise….

Happy Weekend guys
    😊
    I LOVE this 5:2 way of life, even though I’ve been doing it for some time off and on, I think that I taken it more seriously in the past few months which has made me have a more of a understanding of my eating habits.
    I can definitely tell I cannot eat as much on NFD. Sometimes I do think that could do another day or go a bit longer before eating, but I also know that too much,too soon will make me just give up.
    I know I didn’t gain weight overnight (even though it feels like it!) So I’m not expecting to loose weight fast either.
    I see a few work colleagues who crash diet on shakes etc… lost loads, got compliments but then have weight gain has come back. I don’t really want that to be me. God willing I can reach my 40th next year a few pounds lighter then I’ll be happy, anything extra will be a bonus.
    Everyone’s different goals and approaches are so interesting to read… we have the same end game to be lighter. Xx

hi all

”day 7 migraine.” (like big brother) ”why is in her room lying on her bed with a sick bucket by her side and a wet flannel contacting the outside world listening to quiet mozart”

well, i did three fasts this week and once more i lost nothing! i am the same weight i was on october 2nd. now, how is that for being rewarding! it was wonderful losing 8 pounds in 5 days. but in 4 weeks. it dosn’t feel so wonderful! hahahahaha.

absolutely not a chance of my giving up cos i actually enjoy doing this. i cant understand why eating so much less has afforded no weight loss for over 3 weeks but that is why i am going up to alternate day fasting from 5,2. or at least 4,3.

i am simply carrying on regardless because i understand science and at some point a whole lot is going to come off because it simply can’t hang on!

penne with ragu con carne (vitello) tonight with fresh parmesan- yumyum. i am very hungry now. i wasnt. but now i am.

i love reading you all. God Bless x

Oh dear, you poor thing with your migraine…..as you don’t mention them in detail then presumably you have a lot of migraines and they’re not related to your fasting? But in case they are, are you drinking enough fluid and eating enough protein on a FD? I know these are basic things but it’s good always to ask the most basic questions first.
    And if you’ve had a migraine for 7 days then I guess you’ll have been resting and not getting so much exercise…do you think that might have affected your weight loss?
    My migraines used to be mainly hormonal or related to me doing stupid things such as going out in the cold without a hat or reading in poor light, but my friend gets food related migraines so is that something else to consider?

Hi… I’ve ordered the book, doing my first fast tomorrow. Anyone have any tips for my first week. ?? I hope I can stick with it, I have a lot of weight to lose.

Hi skinny girl…all the best with your fasting.
    My biggest tip would be to decide beforehand what you will eat on a FD as that will make it easier to stick to.. And my first few flats I gave myself the option of an apple at lunchtime to see me through. Drink plenty and if tempted just tell yourself , it’s only one day, only one day.

Hi. I just need to lose 5 lbs and I’m stuck I’m excited to have found this site. I don’t cook so I am going to have to find a way to eat without microwave meals. Any ideas. Im going to try the 2-2 fast to kick off

I’ve done simple things like cold, cooked chicken with steamed veg ( can do in microwave) or cottage cheeses with tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum(peppers) all chopped and a raw veg. The moisture from the cottage cheeses gives you the dressing as it were.
    For breakfast I microwave porridge with cinnamon and chop in blueberries as per the book.

Such good advice, thank you, I’ll let you know how I get on x

Hi I’m new to this forum . Been on the fd for 2 months next week . I love it even though I haven’t lost a lot . It’s the first time I’ve ever felt in control and I’m not gaining .
    I teach two spin classes a week in the hiit style so it helps a bit . I wish I had measured myself when I started .
    Am I supposed to count calories on non fast days and eat my tdee? I’m reading the book for a 2nd time and I haven’t found that info

Whyamisoshy-my hubby had massive frequent migraines and was put on blood pressure meds even though he did not have bp issues it helped him a lot

Hi all, 2nd FD today and still feeling positive, although very hungry and it’s only 11am! Had an active weekend, cycled 80km on Saturday then gardened all day yesterday. Maybe that’s why I’m so hungry today? Never mind, I’ve got home made pumpkin soup for lunch which I’ll try to stretch out until 1pm before I have that. And as Katab said, IT’S ONLY ONE DAY, IT’S ONLY ONE DAY. It’s a great piece of advice which I’ll try to remember.
    Whyamisoshy – hope you start feeling better very soon, it’s hard to be upbeat and positive when you’re in pain.

Hi All , i am on week 3 FD and as i write i am hungry but i am coping with that really well.
    i have a meal plan on my fridge it is boring as but i dont care, i am much better when i am organised.
    monday
    B: coffee
    L: 150g kale slaw with tuna & 1/2 cup brown rice
    AT: 10 almonds & green apple
    green tea & water all day
    thursday:
    L: 100g kale slaw with tuna
    D: white fish with 2 cups kale chips 100g sweet potato steamed veggies
    1 kiwi fruit

my TDEE is 1930 i dont think as much about my food on NFDs but i am always very conscious of what i eat any way.

my big concern ( please no one take this the wrong way) but reading the blog for the first time today seems to be 2 main groups of people
    1 that just “feast” on NFDs and wonder why they cant lose weight ..we must still eat sensibly on NFDs ..over eating is still over eating
    second some people are so concerned with under eating ALL the time
    we need a healthy balance and thats why i am doing this so that on NFDs i dont over eat but if i want a beer or chocolate i fit it into my calories..

so far i feel no psychical difference ..my main goal is to feel better in my clothes.
    but its early days 🙂

on another note …how much do you all exercise and what do you do ??? i do something 5/6 times a week

Welcome Pcavalier…

Everyone is different but in regards to your question I bought the revised edition of the book as I’ve only just started 5:2. In that he tells people NOT to count calories on their non FD but to eat according to what their bodies are telling them. He also talks about how over time our bodies will change and that part of this fasting is learning that we can go long periods of time without food and survive!! So, I personally don’t count calories on non FD as it doesn’t suit my character and if I did I would get bored and give up…this is my self awareness. But since I started I now think much less about food than I used to, when I was tracking or calorie restricting myself I would spend huge amounts of time plotting to get as much out of my allowance as possible. If I’m running late and suddenly realise I’ve missed lunch I don’t panic and eat at 3 and then have Tea again at 6, I just have an apple,shrug my shoulders and know tea is coming, knowing that I can fast and therefore will survive not having lunch. Or I have my lunch at 3 and decide not to cook in the evening but have a snack. If I feel like a bar of chocolate I’ll have one, only a small bar as I can’t now tolerate a large bar of chocolate since I’ve been fasting. So I personally feel much freer than when I started and usually am looking forward to a FD, almost a day of rest for my digestive system. I’m not even rigid about the 500 cals as in the revised book some days the suggested food was like 479, other days 562 for example. I’ve been losing steadily since I started, approx 200-500 grams per week. But I do have liver issues and it is dangerous to lose weight fast because of this, and I’ve always been told that rapid weight loss is not healthy in the long term although I did lose quite quickly before I got married. I’m now a bit older and wiser about how I approach dieting.
    But, for some people they need more structure and to count on non FD, but I don’t agree with calling them feast days because my mind would then tell my body to feast. I just eat as per normal within healthy NHS guidelines on a non FD and eat a different way two days a week.

And most importantly for me, I’m not competing with anyone. I like to read what others have as good suggestions for myself but the biggest change for me is not obsessing over food like I used. I have a jar of Nutella in the cupboard that has lasted several weeks without being opened…that is a HUGE first for me, previously I would t even buy Nutella as it would go in a week.

Hi @katab I’m sending you a virtual high five on that cos I agree.
    I don’t count calories on non fast days either but definitely have eat a lot lighter otherwise I will feel very unconfortable these days.
    I have mutipack of snickers in the cupboard unopened for over a month, I’ve shocked myself, normally I would ‘need’ one to accompany my cuppa.

Happy Monday everyone! I am on FD #1 for the week, and feeling good so far.

I had a really busy weekend, so I was out of the loop. Just spent the last little while reading through what I missed.

Welcome to all newcomers! It is so interesting to see all the different accounts of how this is working for everyone, and different approaches to incorporating it into everyday life.

I agree, @rainbowbrite30, it is important to keep it in perspective. I certainly am not perfect, but I find that fasting Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday fits my schedule best, and leaves my weekends free. Not to have ‘feast’ days, but to live a little and try to find the balance that makes this plan sustainable long-term. Going overboard on NFDs will certainly stop the plan from working, or at the very least, slow it down a lot. Of course, you are right – this is NOT a race – It is still important to get proper nourishment. Re: exercise – I try to fit in 2-3 good workouts per week (emphasis on ‘TRY’). Some cardio, some strength. I sometimes do it on a FD if I feel I have the energy, but I find that it tends to make me feel hungrier, so I most often try to do my workouts on NFDs when my body has more fuel to power a good workout.

@whyamisoshy, I hope you are feeling better! I remember migraines before I got to the bottom of what was causing mine (my birth control pills!!), and they are absolutely awful. I never had one last that long though – I think I really would have died. Good luck with your AFD – I wish I could do that, but I find that I am better off doing my 3 FDs during the week when I know I will succeed, than trying to do one over the weekend and failing (which I certainly would), and then beating myself up about it. I sure hope it works for you, but as @katab said, make sure you are drinking enough water, and getting some protein even on FDs…I wouldn’t want you to be doing anything to make the migraine issue worse!

@minnygirl, nice to see someone on here who is in for the same treat I am this winter! Almost time to start bundling up. Isn’t the urge to eat comfort food overwhelming?? It will be interesting to see how this plays out for me over the winter. I am determined though!

I hope everyone is having a great start to the week! xoxo

welcome to @skinnygirl1 @sonjam, @pcavalier and @rainbowbrite30 – welcome to my thread! i am so so happy so many new faces are still popping up. we are a very friendly caring people on this thread so do join in and share, you will only be met with good things. we will all help as much as you wish and as much as we can, and support you or whatever!
    big huge welcome banners coming at cha now!

hiya all

well re migraines, i thought i had told my boring story, well here it is, its the reason i gained a lot of weight. all the migraine pills i had been tried on. i started having terrible cluster migraine times in 2005.and i mean terrible: i was hospitalized dozens of times, they thought i was having a stroke, going almost blind, not being able to speak clearly, facial agony, out and out eye agony like being stabbed, i imagine, for about 6 weeks straight out of every 2 months, the least long one i ever had was about 15 days. i am now on day 9 of this one but its much better than the ones before and its early days of the treatment. it is bearable if horrible.

after a long time found out i was violently allergic to dust mites and my sinuses were completely stuck together inside. i was finally understood by an italian surgeon who did a few routine tests and looked inside and lamented what i had had to go thru in the uk and gave me some drops for my nose and said take these and it should gradually just go. and in two or three months i had one bout for about 9 days and this last one. can you imagine! 🙂 prayers work.

anyhow i gained 45 pounds cos the migraine drugs are actually all the same as anti psychotic and anti seizure drugs. they do something odd to your metabolism where one calorie is about 5! also you are constantly half asleep and starving. so you are worse off but you dont care because te pain is down about 20% and anyone who knows chronic intollerable pain will tell you, you will do anything for relief. anything.

good news. i am on the move. FINALLY i am on the move. since i started 4 weeks ago i have lost 9 pounds. yes, i finally went down another pound today having stayed the same weight for 3 weeks.

9 pounds down in a month. that sounds ‘hit’ hot to me, ladies. ‘hit’ hot! i did get frustrated but i did not give up. and i never shall. 9 pounds. wow. 9 pounds.

god bless y’all x

@why. Wow, what a time you have had. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you get this figured out soon and figured out for good!! You are right about the drugs. I have an adult son who is on all kinds of anti-seizure drugs, his weight goes up and down like a yo-yo. You have my sympathies.
    @ebell13. Yes! Winter is coming!! ❄️💨☃🌨 I actually enjoy this time of year. I get so much done around the house, cleaning, organizing etc…. But them I’m in the kitchen a lot and around food so…..best to keep to my 5:2 plan. I’m, for the first time in years, confident that I will NOT gain weight this holiday season, and will in fact lose a few pounds. It’s a good feeling!!!

Happy fasting!!

Well done why, you must be well chuffed 🙃🙃🙃

@minnygirl i will be fine and thank you for caring x i have been thru worse, and a lot, and other problems i was born with mean i will always go thru a lot but i have a bright disposition and an ever present sense of humour and am a strong person, so i think i’ll be able to hang in there.

but how excited am i about losing 9 pounds in a month! i have been trying so hard in such adverse circumstances… and now… i keep saying ‘YOU DID SO WELL’ cos with everything else, its a miracle i managed it. yay me! i am proud and so i should be. nobody knows what anyone struggles with. for some its easier. for me, its not and it was meds for my migraines that made me gain, nothing else -so unfair!! plus, i am still taking pills that gain weight. and a lot of it. i am just coming off some of them- all for my migraines. i have basically been in bed since well before i started this. hardly moved a muscle. been to next door shop once or twice. mass once- 200 metres away. i am being looked after. i

i will eat tomorrow! i haven’t eaten ‘fully’ for… 3 days. so. though some of my friends on here have pointed out that the point is NOT to count calories on your feasting days, not to count cals except on fasting days (500 max) , i will in fact make sure i don’t go over 1500. my sweet tooth could otherwise get me into trouble.

isn’t it wonderful how things appear when you need them… and how kind people are everywhere… and how different but similar we all are… and how when one truly cares for others one seems to be cared for ten thousandfold, though that was not the intention…

back to the diet… the migraines are only mentioned cos they are so relevant to the diet. with my adverse to losing weight story- and i shared about a tenth of it – i am so thrilled. i keep saying ‘9 pounds in one month’ and i feel something is working. this is the best diet out of about 60 i have gone for

love to all you groovers x

@katab hi hon. ”. If I feel like a bar of chocolate I’ll have one, only a small bar as I can’t now tolerate a large bar of chocolate since I’ve been fasting.”

i wish!

and re your nutella. a week is GOOD!
    i am being pretty good now.
    i find my appetite has decreased i think.
    but nutella- i just had some on bread- is the QUEEN of things that come in jars x

@ceebee59 i just saw your loving comment. thank you. i feel really blessed.
    yes. the story of my life since i was very young.
    still. we get up. shoulders back. and carry on. and big smile.
    what doesnt break us makes us stronger.

@katab, this time, yes. i really am.
    i am an A type and push myself too hard and am impatient.
    so it still feels horribly slow. ugh.
    but, i go on.

thanks for being kind x

Good morning everyone,

@whyamisoshy, thanks for sharing your story! It must be so frustrating to deal with that pain (albeit less than what it was), and have to deal with weight gain as a trade off for the pain reduction. Seems so unfair! Well done you for staying so positive and powering through. And, of course, congrats on the 9 lbs lost! Feels great, doesn’t it?!

I have hit the dreaded plateau, but I think this one was self inflicted. I was a bit overindulgent last week, but I sure did enjoy it. Back to the grind now – today is my second fast day this week. Looking forward to some good progress. Onwards and … downwards!

@missj2002, well done for resisting the Snickers! My fave candy bar. It seems most of us have become much better at resisting the sweets…it’s great!

@minnygirl, it was cold and rainy here yesterday, and I wanted comfort food so badly, but I resisted. The cold weather will do that, but I am with you – looking forward to not gaining in December for the first time in I don’t know how long…I think we can both manage a loss in that month…let’s do it, girl!

Have a great day, everyone! xoxo

Whayamisoshy….just call it a normal day not a feast day!! Your mind will make you think you can feast whereas in the book he tells us to learn on our non FD to listen to our bodies and eat normally…just a thought…

@ebell13 plateau can be so fustrating but stay positive.

@whyamisoshy i like your strong determination

@katab lets ban the word feast from this forum, whoever next mentions it do 20 star jumps lol!

Lol!!
    I agree…normal eating days…it’s what my brain needs 🙃

Good idea @missj2002!

feast day feast day feast day * off to do my twenty star fish jumps*

i find it helpful. cos today i ate my TDEE and it felt good because i am trying to train myself out of guilt when i eat. well actually, i ate under it, i think, but still, you catch my drift. i loosely count, so i guessing, a couple hundred cals under. dunno.

but when i think like jason fung- feast day, fast day- and that is how its referred to in many publications, i really feel better about it. i have hope. i feel ‘well, tomorrow i can have a feast fit for a queen’. even if its roast flipping chicken! cos EODF is different to 5,2. you have to think constantly, till you grow accustomed ‘tomorrow i can eat whatever i want’. you cant. but that’s what you must think. so for me, the word feast is a psychological help. a massive help. otherwise i feel i am like a slug on a ‘diet’ slithering along eating a lettuce leaf…i dont feel i am on a diet at this point.i really dont.

i do recommend ‘the obesity code’ by fung, and think michael is a big fan too. it is a superb book. also ‘alternate day fasting’ by johnson. and ‘why do we get fat’ by taubes. all superb reading. especially for science nerds.

so yeah, from now on i guess i will write FE.D and FA.D cos i cannot lose the words ‘feast day’ in my head. without them i dont think i could continue this. and its really working well for me. as you saw. tomorrow i eat a plate of veg only again. coffee in the morn. plate of grilled veg 8 pm and 3 plain biscuits pm. cup of tea. 400-500 cals.

we all have different needs and words mean different things to us. ‘feast’, to me, might be ‘holding back’ to some. i will not impose my will over anyones. i am here to lead to help to care and thats all. i shall never use the word feast except in my head from now on, fellow warriors. cos i know it must be used cos otherwise i will feel so denied and deprived and bored and ‘on a boring low cal diet that goes on n on n on’ that i will have to stop doing it’ but even though it is not the fact, its the impression that is left stamped onto my brain. i know, i’ll write a song about it and sing it constantly! great idea! sorted!

it is the word that must never come first because friends matter. and i know each and every one of you would do the same for me x

@katab ” in the book he tells us to learn on our non FD to listen to our bodies and eat normally…just a thought…”

i would have thought that telling millions of desperate women (and men i guess) who are either borderline overweight, overweight, obese, very obese or morbidly obese to ‘listen to their bodies’ after fasting for a day was a really bad idea.
    it was listening to their bodies that got them there to start with.

it cant be him then, that uses the ‘feast day fast day’ terms then. i wonder which book it does that in, then… it is one of those three i am sure (unless i am going bonkers. its quite possible.)

good luck with your 5,2ing and fro-ing x

ps. to all.

i can strongly recommend this for a FA.D meal.

zucchini, cut into longs
    aubergine cut into rounds
    peppers cut into long chunks

put olive oil, garlic onto a griddle and grill them till they are char grilled on each side
    gross sea salt on them and rosemary

then add a serving or two of fresh spinach cooked to your plate
    and steam some spiralized carrots adding butter or olive oil (EVOO)and black pepper

it makes for a full plate of 5 or 6 delicious vegetable and works out at very few cals (200 i would think)
    and looks heavenly if you make art on the plate 🙂 very very nice.

thats my tomorrow sorted.
    milky coffee in the morn
    tea afternoon and supper with 3 plain biscuits. very plain. italian. a bit like rich tea but nowhere near as sugary.

you ve had my tuscan bean recipe. now you have my 5 veg on a plate one.ooh… basil is great with it too.

That’s fine whayamisoshy, he does mention in the book that fasting can retrain our appetites if we let it but don’t worry, I’ll find support from another thread.
    All the best to you all 😃😀😄

i dont understand ! we all support you.
    but i agree with him, fasting can retrain our appetites, as i have experienced myself and mentioned on here. how marvellous
    God Bless you x

hi all

on my 5.2ing and fro-ing (thats my new expression and i like it) i am FA.D and have had a milky coffee and am going to have a plate of 5 veg later (my tummy grumbled right then as i wrote that!) and some tea and biscuits before i go to bed. i lost .4 of a pound over night so i am well pleased as i am working at this very hard and on day 11 of my migraine (i miscalculated the other day, my meds make me confused) and trying to chivvy (is that how you spell that) myself along…
    the aftermath of our earthquake is really horrendous. thank God that they were all already in tents and tent like shelters from the first one of the three so they weren’t there to be killed this time but what has happened to the basilico and the land in general is just… devastating.
    you see them all praying outside ruins.
    so fast fast fast, here i go again.
    tomorrow i can eat.
    hurray x

what i mean is, listening to our bodies after months and years of fasting for a person who gained weight thru wrong eating might work, but not after A DAYS FASTING – ie. their first fast- is a bad idea.

which is why i wrote this ”i would have thought that telling millions of desperate women (and men i guess) who are either borderline overweight, overweight, obese, very obese or morbidly obese to ‘listen to their bodies’ after fasting for a day was a really bad idea.
    it was listening to their bodies that got them there to start with.’

and i stand by that. a slow slow retraining might well work for some and thats what we all hope for.

i wanted to explain because i care. xx

I was thinking about this in bed last night…

also a normal days eating for some is not a normal days eating for others. a normal day for some had low carbs, for others has no meat, for others…they are vegan… for me it balanced plus carbs and sugar and chocolate every days, fruits, vegetables, meat… for others its a macdonalds then doughnuts then down the pub then a chinese take away…so i think retraining to ‘normal’ eating is a dangerous concept for us all to grasp!

love to all the trooooooopers on here!

Good morning everyone! 2 days of fasting down so far this week, and today is a ‘normal’ day for me. I’m sure I will eat my TDEE, but will not go over.

@whyamisoshy, sorry to hear you are still suffering the migraine. I hope it subsides soon! I think we can all use whatever terminology we are comfortable with to help us along, and if ‘feast day’ is helpful to you (do I have to do the star jumps if I was quoting, not actually using the term myself???!!!), then you should use it. I think the point that @katab was making is that it is important for everyone to grasp the concept that if you fast 2-3 days per week and ‘feast’ in the true sense of the word (picturing the table in front of the ‘Spirit of Christmas Present’ on Christmas Carol), then you are shooting yourself in the foot, and will not make the progress you are after.

So, for those who tend to overindulge after a day of fasting (I am fighting it, but I tend to fall into this group), having the term ‘feast day’ in our minds is like giving ourselves carte blanche to go crazy on our NFDs – completely disregarding the TDEE, and eating everything in sight. ‘Listening to our bodies’ may work for some (those who acknowledge when they are hungry and make healthy choices on NFDs, staying within the TDEE – sounds like you, @whyamisoshy), but be very harmful for others (those, much like myself, who live for food!!).

I hope that makes sense – I can see both sides. I just think we need to use whatever terminology, tips and tricks that work for us personally…even though we are all here to share, we are all doing this by ourselves, and for ourselves! So far, I think everyone is doing a great job. We can all share, keeping in mind that what works for one may work for some others, but not for everyone. Ultimately the goal is to learn what works for ourselves and what doesn’t, and support and encourage eachother. It is always interesting to see other people’s interpretations and methods.

Take from it what you will, that is my thought on the subject for the day! I hope everyone is having a great one, fasting or not. Keep up the great work! xo

i agree fully. i can, as i said, see both sides. but we have to walk before we can run!

i think @ebell13 that you overestimate my powers! i live for nutella and chocolate. i adore all carbs and sweet things, i just incorporate them on FE.D days so i don’t feel deprived cos if i do, i know i will give up, cos my mood will go down. and i will get very low which will lead to depression which will… well anyhow, i must think of fasting as a few hours till i can eat! i also love love love food. i am in italy! the home of food! good food! and sardinia!
    though i don’t find it -fasting- as hard as i had thought its true. and my appetite has already shrunk a bit. i certainly couldn’t go back to ‘normal’ eating on my non fast days yet! i think it will take a little time. and i have had fast days when i am really not that hungry.
    we are all so similar and yet so different. if it works for us. it works.

i am vaguely thinking of starting a results thread for once a month. what do you al think? or should we post our results at the end of each sunday? on our posts? just so we can share and offer help and support and maybe encourage or ask questions to help each other go more comfortably along the way….there was one point where i felt i was having sugar rushes. in fact it wasn’t that at all, it was to do with a new med i am trying for my migraines. but everyone was so very kind. it was amazing. i thought the same might happen if we posted our monthly or weekly results. if you want to you can. not important though. you don’t have to do anything here apart from be caring and respectful and fabulous! cos you are all all of those things!

love, why? x

HI everyone. First weigh in since I started doing 2:5 last Thursday, so that will be my weigh in day. Lost 0.6 kg, not a lot, but ok I guess. It’s a long term lifestyle not a diet, so I need to keep that in mind. Guess I was hoping for a bigger loss, but as they say, slow and steady wins the race. And I don’t have a lot to lose, so that plays a part too.
    I’ve only had 2 FD so far, but when I’ve been very hungry I’ve been telling myself “it’s just one day, it’s just one day”, and imagining how I’ll feel at my goal weight. I’ve set a fairly high goal, near the top range for my height, but that’s ok as I have never been thin, I just want to be healthy.
    Does anyone use an app to track their calories and exercise? Last night I found Easy Diet Diary, which even lets you scan the barcode of products to enter them into your diary. Think I’ll use this all week to help, especially on FD as I think I’m eating more than I should. I’ve also got my kitchen scales out so I can weight my portions – pretty sure that’s where a lot of my problem is.
    Good luck to everyone, it’s great to read how everyone is going and what they’re thinking.

@ceebee59 hey! don’t make excuses, you’re doing fab! and exactly as you should be! it says we should be losing just under a pound a week. just as you have been. pus you don’t have far to go, which is a massive factor. so you are pretty much bang on target. feel better? 🙂

ps. when you say you are doing the 2,5 i DO HOPE you mean the 5,2 hahahahahahahha!

i feel hungry so i think i will go sleep. what i want is toast and nutella. but i will resist. an go to sleep after a glass of water.

support and help and hugs to all x

@ceebee59, you’re doing great! It does get easier as your appetite shrinks after a few weeks, so the hunger will be less as time goes on and your body adjusts. Keep up the great work!

@whyamisoshy, how is the migraine today? I like the idea of posting weekly or monthly results. It helps me stay on track if I am reporting to someone! up to you if you start a separate thread or not, but we are all here already…I’d be happy to post here!

How is everyone doing today? Today is my 3rd FD of the week and then I’m done until Monday. Yesterday was a NFD, and it went a little off the rails…not a lot, but a little. I met a friend for dinner, and had more calories than I should have. Oh well – back on track today. Might try to do another FD tomorrow just to make up for yesterday, but we’ll see how it goes.

Have a great day everyone! xo

hi @ebell13 ! well i have to say, its not been good today.its day 12 and its really tough. as for food well, we had treats today cos we’re working hard and both suffering.
    put it this way, i shall not be weighing myself tomorrow!

let’s always remember… it’s only a matter of a few waking hours… tomorrow we can eat what we want!
    and another thing i keep saying to myself, i am AIMING at a pound or just under a week. that is perfect. any loss is great. the. then i say, ‘it must be sustainable. it must be do-able for life. week by week i can learn ways to make it fit into any type of week. i can adapt. there is no threat to my weight loss. i am in control.

its getting really cold here in north italy, what about where you are?

love to the ‘pound loss posse’ x

HI all, how is everyone this morning? Here in Melbourne it’s a beautiful sunny day, I can almost taste summer! Well, what a difference a day makes. I know I’m not supposed to, but I couldn’t help weighing myself again today, and I was 0.9kg less than yesterday! No wonder we’re advised to weigh in only once a week as it fluctuates so much. It’s good news though as it’s given me more motivation to keep going. I’ve got an 18km beach walk tomorrow, so that is great as it keeps me moving, and I won’t mindlessly eat while I’m walking.
    What plans does everyone have for this weekend? What’s the weather like in your part of the world?

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww that is WONDERFUL NEWS! well done indeed !
    18km… i’m really glad its not me having to do it, i tell you!
    you must be super fit!
    thats great @ceebee59 and i could not be happier for you x

ok well
    splurged a bit yesterday so today is fast day but i will do a back to back on sunday monday (this is why i love this plan. got dinner guests on saturday so cant do it then, so doing it sunday and monday. hurrah. with a chinese, chocolate, a sandwich fitted in inbetween, as well as my 5 veg soup and 5 veg on a plate with 2 eggs etc…
    i do feel bloated today. its all the salt in the chinese. well and the MSG!

i was thinking, a little knowledge is a bad thing. i have read far too much. we can only go by results and how we feel. and even how we feel can be influenced by what we are told and read constantly. numbers on a chemist scale speak for themselves. i was thinking… if i lost a pound a week till Christmas i would be just 7 pounds from goal. and if i lost 2 pounds a week (which i wont cos i dont think i will manage ADF at this time of year- it’s cold, I WANT FOOD!) i would be at goal! WOW. but let’s not run till we can walk.
    and then i thought, all the peeps that come on here and say they want to lose 50 pounds … well, we might not even notice losing a pound in a week, but if we do that every week of the year, the not noticing, but keeping doing it, and sustain it, that is 52 pounds in a year (of course it wouldn’t be cos inevitably birthdays, Christmases, weddings, fundays, etc happen….and nobody wants to let losing weight ruin their lives and nor should it when at a halthy weight but…) it’s a thought isn’t it.

love to all. good luck today. x IT’S ONLY A DAY, RIGHT? 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 557 total)

You must be logged in to reply.