hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

This topic contains 556 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 557 total)

• Hi ladies, I’d love to join as well! I live in Canada, just turned 37, 5’4″, and at the moment, 186 lbs. I have been on every kind of diet, supplement, and torturous exercise regimen imaginable for my entire adult life, and always ended up back where I started or higher…classic yo-yo.

I started 5:2 at the beginning of June, and have lost 28 lbs since then. It’s working so well for me, I can hardly believe it. @missj2002, I also use My Fitness Pal app to track calories. It’s so handy!

At the moment I am doing 4:3 because I had a long way to go and wanted to accelerate the process. I normally fast Monday – Tuesday back to back, and then Thursday. The consecutive fast days are a challenge, but I am used to it now. I find it easiest to fast on days that I am working and/or busy, and enjoy more freedom on weekends. On my NFDs, I only loosely count calories though.

I love that I can still live a little on my NFDs, and that I don’t feel like I’m suffering or waiting for the diet to be “over”. I especially love the flexibility of being able to choose which days I fast to allow for social events, etc.

Cooking ahead and freezing portion size meals is crucial for me. If I don’t prep ahead and have quick easy meals, it’s much harder. Normally I stick to black coffee with stevia, and clear tea or hot water with lemon all day, and save my calories for my evening meal. Always drink lots of water!!

Some of my FD (freezable) staples are:
    Veggie curry: (made in slow cooker) eggplant, zucchini, and chickpeas (for protein), diced tomatoes, and spices to taste)

“taco” salad: 4-6 oz. of extra lean ground beef with chili powder (taco seasoning has too much salt, and I swell terribly), 3 cups of raw spinach, and 1/2 cup salsa. I cook the beef and freeze in small containers so that it is ready to heat and toss on the salad for supper.

Boneless, skinless chicken breast (4-6 oz.) cooked in Patak’s or Sharwoods curry sauces – some are higher in calories than others, so be careful. Served over steamed broccoli.

I won’t always be so long-winded, I promise. Looking forward to chatting with you all! Best of luck to everyone!

Welcome ebell.
    Why, did you see about the salt in taco powder? Do you think salt may have affected your last FD?

I’m amazed how hard everyone is working at this . I must admit I’m deliberately NOT calling it a diet because usually as soon as I say that word to myself I want to run out and buy chocolate!! So my mantra is “lifestyle change” “lifestyle change”
    2.2 kg lost in a month which is the right rate for me. As I have liver impairment a rapid weight loss is not recommended.
    But everyone is doing well, developing good habits…and with such different meal ideas. Brilliant πŸ™ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€

Hello everyone
    After 2 FD last week I was down 3 lbs and 3% body fat!. Never seen results like that before. I’m very encouraged.
    Had a weekend of eating, eating, and more eating…and some drinking, so not sure where I’m at now. Kinda of afraid to get on the scale
    I just had my 3rd FD yesterday and feeling great.
    One thing I’ve noticed is that I get insomnia the night of my FD. I wake up at 4:30-5am and can’t get back to sleep. This has happened on each of my 3 FD so far. Anyone else experience this?
    Have a great day everyone.

welcome @ebell13!

pretty miffed here.
    after my initial huge loss of 8 pounds in 5 days i have stayed the same. for two weeks.
    i wanted to speed it up and so i fasted three times last week and then after a day did a two day 500 cal fast and still no difference.

still after 5 fasts of 500 cal in 9 days weigh the same. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. no lost inches from the original. i bloated up immensely in the middle but thats gone but nothing else has gone.

i don’t know whats going on but there is a lot of effort going into this and i am moaning now!

i will try and stick religiously to my 1755 and i always stick to my fast cals and often less (i aim for water fasting really) and i am not happy with the way things are going. you are not supposed to have to count your calories. but even when i am i seem not to be losing currently.

i am discouraged. at my average cals i should be really losing steadily. what am i doing wrong.

the whole reason i did this was cos it was going to be sustainable. losing weight whilst not having to count calories. eating out. eating in. looking normal. eating normally. i am not that hungry but if it doesnt lose me weight then who cares. i thought this was supposed to raise metabolism not lower it.

whyamisoshy about to burst into tears. 3rd day of migraine. hugs anyone?

love to all x

Thanks for the warm welcome! HUGS @whyamisoshy !! It is discouraging to see no movement for a week or 2…I have also encountered that along the way. Plateaus are normal. I recommend switching things up somehow. Sticking to the recommended calorie intake on NFDs does help a lot, however, I find when I hit a plateau it also helps to shake things up a bit. Add a brisk walk or a good workout to the routine, drink more water (even if you think you are drowning in it already), and get as much quality sleep as you can.

As silly as it sounds, sometimes when I need to break a plateau, it works for me to have a treat day. Not go completely mad, but if I want a burger and fries, I have it just to throw my body a curve ball. Just one day though, and then get right back at it. Of course, the first day back on the wagon the scale will be up due to water retention, food ‘in transit’, etc., but it should get things moving again over the course of the week. Even the stress you cause yourself by watching the scale and not seeing it move for a few days can work against you, so take a deep breath and give it some more time. That initial 8 lbs in 5 days will have been partially water weight (it always is at first), so it is deceiving.

I am losing on average, 2-3 lbs per week, but every now and then there is a plateau week. Just keep at it…you’re doing great! More water might help with the headaches.

@katab – I find that even a small amount of salt makes me retain water…my hands swell up like puffer fish, so I try to avoid it, especially on FDs. That’s why I use chili powder to make my ‘taco beef’ rather than packaged taco seasoning. Even the reduced sodium taco seasoning has more salt than chili powder, and I find the CP just as satisfying. I agree – ‘lifestyle change’, not ‘diet’!!

Thanks ebell- it’s whayamisoshy who’s had problems with salt, that’s why I commented as her flavouring/stock cubes could be affecting her

Why… A big hug, sounds like you’ve been over thinking it a teensy weeny bit. Why don’t you just go back to 5:2, 500 cals only on FD and just eat without counting ( some typo, he he) on your other days. Give yourself a breather and take a step back… Maybe you can’t see the wood for the trees (. If you know that English expression)

Skin Betty- welcome and yes, I don’t sleep so well FD, assume it’s hunger lol!!

@ebell13. thank you x

how are you losing 2-3 pounds per week? we are only expected to be ideally losing a pound a week and that is if everything is going ideally well and perfectly in an ideal world. wowzers! πŸ™‚

i have worked it out: my body is almost definitely catching up with me to stay healthy . i was thinking today (couldn’t do anything else from bed, could i, lol ?) i said at the time ‘8 pounds in 5 days is amazing, it’s nearly all water weight’ but it cant have been because its all stayed off. every pound. its just more weight has not come off last week. weird. but i am so glad it has stayed off. so glad.

fast days are easy for me. no trouble. its deciding to eat on the non fast days that give me the brain ache!

regarding the ‘blood sugar’ issues i was having (i don’t think i was ever having an issue with salt, was i ?( oh i see. unless you highlight my name, i don’t see it as ‘me’. cos why is a word used to often. sorry!) it wasn’t that after all. i am coming off a VERY strong medicine and i was doing it too fast, that’s what it was. still doing the eggs or muesli thing though. peanut butter… yumyum.

i am so glad i started this thread. we are such troopers. i look at my stats and am so proud. i know what i am doing and though it’s kinda elation then exasperation… at least one knows… its solid. no more ”i just cant lose weight, nothing does it for me, i have tried everything, my body just wont drop weight’ we now know we can. end of drama. end of despair. that was the wrost feeling of all. despair.

but i would like to ask @ebell13 how on earth you are losing 300% of the expected rate regularly???????? if you are only doing the 5:2? .. i have never heard of that before! but gosh, golly! well done! really. big hugs from us all here x

@katab i don’t really experience hunger anymore. i mean i know i am empty when i am rumbling and feeling wobbly, but i don’t feel that ‘god i fancy a bit of x y or z’ i just don’t. i guess i lost my appetite.

@whyamisoshy, I am so glad you started this thread too! I have been doing this for a while, and I don’t know anyone else who does it, so I have nobody to chat about it with! It’s nice to hear about other people’s experiences, and share mine with others who understand.

I hope you are feeling better – I used to get migraines, and they are absolutely awful.

When I started I had about 80 lbs to lose, now only 50 left. I am expecting the weight loss to slow down the closer I get to my goal, but it has been fairly steady at 2-3 lbs per week with the exception of the odd plateau (and a week of vacation!).

I am doing 4:3, which makes a big difference. The weeks when I mind my calories on NFDs and do a couple of respectable workouts seem to be when I see the best results.

Once I reach my goal, I will switch to 5:2 or 6:1, depending on where I stay level. Looking forward to that, but it will be at least 6 months, I think.

I know what you mean about losing the appetite. Even when I fancy a treat now, I can have it, but I certainly can’t shovel in the quantities I used to! It’s great! Helps keep me in check on NFDs.

i agree. i think 4:3 does make a big difference. though there is a lot of research on ere saying it does not make a big difference. but it does. i think it does. i also think the more you have to lose the more the faster you lose . i know that from my own experience.

still 2-3 pounds a week is extraordinary. really. i have never heard results like that from anyone or about anyone and i could not be happier. we are always happy on this thread for success. many a group hug.

i am planning on 5:2 or 4:3 long term till i am happy with how i look. and as i don’t find it hard to fast i may do a few back to backs. i wonder what a three days fast feels like? there is only one day to find out.

love x

hI Mary here from London would also like to join I am 12 and half stone so over 2 stone oweight feel miserable would like to commit to fasting days and low carb on other days as I have already lost a stone on low carb
    Getting easier to mange the 500 cal

Welcome @amdublin! Great job on the loss to date!

@whyamisoshy, I am still shocked about the rate at which I am losing. I have worked so hard for so long just to make very slow, painful progress, and then one sideways glance at a pizza, and it all comes back. lol

I fast back to back Mon-Tues, and I find it makes me feel better after any weekend indulgences, but I don’t know if I would make it 3 consecutive days! Today is day 2, and I am ready for cereal tomorrow morning πŸ™‚

Also, I tend to be cold when I am without fuel, and the closer it gets to the bitter cold of winter here in Canada, the tougher it gets to do back to back days. Thank goodness for tea!

hang on, i am going mad i think. if you started at the start of june and now you have lost 28 pounds, doesn’t that mean you have lost just over a pound a week not 2-3 pounds a week??? i think you must have put the months down wrong!

gosh i know canada gets cold. my best mate is from alaska. she has stories that make me cold just listening to them. maple syrup… don’t get me started. it’s like an addiction with me. i adore it haha

i am fasting tomorrow. i cant wait. i really get excited … i really enjoy. i concentrate better. it doesn’t affect my sleep at all. if i feel that i need something i have a stock cube, and it cures me. i tend to have bit n bobs. not meals. i feel if i have ‘meals’ that i must be cheating in some way, lol. i have soup though… my other half makes me his ’12 veg and borlotti bean’ tuscan soup. so good so filling.

x

@amdublin welcome to my thread. everyone is lovely here. everyone respects everyone else and helps and consoles and encourages x

Hi why and ebell:

Hate to break in a closed thread, but I’m afraid some will not get a true picture of the weight loss rate being discussed.

Ebell states she started 5:2 at the beginning of June and has lost 28 pounds so far. That is 18 or 19 weeks to now. Using 18, the average weight loss over the time is about 1.6 pounds per week. Had you been losing 2 to 3 pounds a week, you would have lost 36-40 pounds by now.

Ebell, you mention ‘plateaus’. I suspect you are losing 2+ pounds on the weeks you lose, but are not losing that much, or maybe none at all, on some of your weeks. I also suspect your rate of loss will continue to slow. But please do not get disheartened and give up. It works, but it just takes time.

Here is a thread whose links and posts to the links answer many of the questions I am seeing on this beautifully active thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. As I am not really welcome here, if any of you have questions for me I’ll try to answer them on that thread.

Sorry to have bothered you all, and

Good Luck!

Simcoeluv…I didn’t know this was a closed thread and whayamisoshy who started has been welcoming and supportive to everyone. Why did you feel you are not welcome? I’m sorry to hear that you feel that way as people pop in and out and post all the time. And we’re just sharing what works for us, no one is judging anyone…

Whayamisoshy …I must be confusing you for someone else, I thought you were the one who blew up,with fluids which is why I picked up,about the low salt flavouring. Hopefully the person who DID blow up,with fluid after a fast has already seen the comment about low salt flavourings…

Amdublin…welcome…

Hi Katab:

“females only please”

So you’re a bloke?

LOL

If you read my ‘Warnings’ thread you will find out!

Hi, I would love to join you in this Journey. I’m from Connecticut and I’m just learning the program. I would love to start my program week Sunday. I’m going to read everything over again to make sure I got it lol. Do you think I really need to order the books or can I use the online info. I have always done Weight Watchers with NO success. I would love to loose about 30-40 pds. This would be perfect. No counting only 2 a week and rest of week common sense.. Ok I’m ready.

welcome @giftedmomma. i am glad you are here. i hope you have a great time. we are all happily learning together πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, this seems like such a supportive and caring forum that I thought I’d join in, if I may? I enjoy reading everyone’s comments but this is the first time I’ve ever made a comment. I’m 52 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia. I lost a few kg’s last year on 5-2 but I’m struggling to get back into it, and I’d like to lose enough to feel comfortable in a pair of bathers since summer is coming, in the southern hemisphere anyway. I will start next week, Mondays and Thursdays. That gives me time to read, find meal plans/suggestions and do any shopping and preparation needed.

Hi
    I am also new and would like to join. I’m having my first fast day today.
    I’m 42 and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I’m carrying 4 stone more than I should be and it’s not helping!
    One day at a time. I hope I can make some friends here?

Simcoeluv…..I don’t follow any other threads than this one so I take it that’s a yes!

Giftedmomma….welcome. I only bought ONE book, the original but revised version but that was on the advice of my GP. I am the sort who benefits from reading the information and I’ve found it helps to ground me. People take all sorts of different things from the books and do the fast a way that suits them but I’ve found that having read it I’m not swayed by what works for others but apply the principles to suit myself and get tips and support from the others. And yes, I did a lot of weight watchers but got bored of tracking so I really like this….

Ceebee59…welcome. Sigh, yes I’m reminiscing about an Aussie spring as I lived in WA for 11 years and still miss it at times. But, this is a brilliant time for you to get ready for bather season! Enjoy….the 5:2 is really easy to follow once you have your 500 cals sorted for your FD, then no worries the other days…

Good morning from Canada, and welcome newcomers!

Yes, @simcoeluv and @whyamisoshy, I should have been clearer with my #s. There have been some blips along the way for me – a plateau week here and there (3 since I started, I think), and 1 week in August when I went on a ‘foodie’ vacation, and actually put 8 lbs back on (sigh), which did affect me if you look at my #s as an average since day 1.

I guess the way I look at it, the plateaus happen no matter what kind of plan you’re on, and the vacation blip was self inflicted, so in my head, I wasn’t counting those weeks. I have been weighing in religiously, and on the weeks that I am losing, I am losing on average 2-3. Of course now I have jinxed myself and am on track to only be down 1 lb this week, but again, plateaus happen (haven’t hit one in a few weeks), and 1 lb is still better than 0, so I will call it a win!

You’re right @simcoeluv, I have been on more than enough diets over the last 2 decades to know that the closer to the end goal you get, the slower it comes off…not under any illusions there, and I hope I didn’t mislead anyone with my wonky math.

This is a lifestyle change that I can maintain long term. I feel better than I have in years in a lot of ways – I feel more clearheaded on my FDs, my appetite for junk food in general is so much less than it was, my sleep has improved, my aches and pains are much less, and of course, clothes fit better. I will plug away slowly, until I am where I want to be!

Thanks again all for the support and encouragement! Wishing you all the best today, and every day!

wow, lovely! welcome @ceebee59 and @bailey1270 i am so so happy and glad that so many folk with the same aim are joining together to support each other… i am so glad i started this thread… it was only intended for me to get a buddy or two, or three, and look at us now πŸ™‚ GROUP HUG!… i am SURE we can all do it. the bigger the group the bigger the woman-power etc etc.

fasting for me today. loving it ! x

@ebell13 don’t worry, hon, jinxing doesn’t exist. it’s only in our dieting obsessed minds!
    i tell you, i don’t know how anyone can lose 3 pounds in any one week on a diet when its only physically indicated as possible to lose 1.8 pounds max with THREE fasts and vigorous workouts. i would love to know your secret. and i mean that sincerely!

@katab howdee partner! hey, you know what you said about get the FDs sorted then you don’t have to worry about the feast days- i reckon that applies to everyone but people with a sweet tooth. delicious yummy empty cals add up to 3000 cals in front of a movie so so easy. lol x so i am back to counting cals. boo flipping hoo.

Celebrating in Texas! Today is a FD, and I just declined the staff breakfast of cinnamon rolls and sausage biscuits. I drank my black coffee and said that I wasn’t hungry (A BIG FAT LIE).

oh @annabar hon! could you not have organized it so you could have eaten today and enjoyed… x

Thanks for the encouragement @whyamisoshy! No secrets here! I am just doing what the 5:2 (or in my case 4:3) says to do! Some FDs I come in closer to 300, and I drink a lot of water, and hot water with lemon. This is working 10x better and 10x faster for me than anything else I have tried in my 20 years of yo-yoing…even low carb didn’t work quite this well for me, and was certainly not anywhere near as sustainable.

@annabar, I applaud your strength! Unexpected treats are usually my downfall, but this plan has made me better at resisting them too. In fact, today is my birthday, and although it is not technically a FD for me, I know my husband has dinner planned and has baked me a cake, so I am on hot water with lemon until this evening, just to keep the whole day from going off the rails. I am hungry too…fasted Monday and yesterday, so I’m feelin’ your pain, girly! Worth it in the end though πŸ™‚

Looking forward to my dinner, and happy knowing that I probably won’t be able to eat much…I am much fuller much quicker these days, which is great!

Big hugs everyone!

I am totally new to this site

I am 49…have to loose 50 lbs in total

I cant stay motivated when I see slow results…

On Monday I started the protein diet aim is to loose 20 lbs in 2 months….maybe when I see this happening I will be able to stay motivated

Any help advise is much appreciated

Happy birthday ebell πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸΈπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‰

Trying49…isn’t 20lbs in 2 months equate to 2 1/2 lbs per week? Is that achievable? Or healthy…just concerned for you

Yes, why…I have found that I don’t think about food on my ordinary food days to the extent I used to. I also don’t panic if I miss a meal or run late for a meal. And yes, maybe I do eat 3,000 cals as you suggest but I wouldn’t know as I’m not counting!! Ha ha….but seriously, you have to run this the way that works for you. I deliberately call them normal food days because if I called them a feast day that’s what my mind would want to do…just feast away. But I’ve noticed already I don’t even want to pig out the way I used to..

@ebell13 ”This is working 10x better and 10x faster for me than anything else I have tried in my 20 years of yo-yoing…even low carb didn’t work quite this well for me, and was certainly not anywhere near as sustainable.” i could NOT agree with you more. really.

hi @trying49. welcome to my thread and you will find everyone lovely. everyone is supportive. and works hard too!
    you ask for advice and help. i can do that right now for you.
    you find it hard to stay motivated when you see slow results. well, that depends on what you call slow results. 0.2 of a pound i would think was quite slow. staying the same is annoying, but putting on weight when you are eating 500 cals for 2 days a week (or 3 or however many you are doing) is exasperating. the aim- if everything is going to plan, and its all clockwork for you, nothing is in the way, no illness, injuries, menstruation etc)accordingly to the book, from which we work, and this book related website, is to lose just under a pound a week. BUT BUT BUT we have to be real. it wont always happen. one week you might go up. several weeks you will probably stay the same. at the start you might lose 3. you might then lose two. then stay the same.
    the point is, to keep going though you don’t see the results you want because, if you only eating 500 cals twice a week, be default, you are going to be slowly and steadily losing weight and doing our body a favour.
    i can recommend this regime thoroughly. on all fronts. and i never thought i would say that about any diet. and it is- this is the best thing- sustainable.
    good luck. we are here if you ned us. it is not that hard and into month 3 you’ll be well used to it.
    but you have to stick at it. if you do this for a year you will lose 52 pounds and it will seem ik very very little effort. if you dont. you wont.
    all i have to do to stay motivated is think how unhappy putting on weight (which i gained thru having my metabolism screwed up thru migraine medication which put on45 pounds in about 6 months. just coming off it helped hugely but i want to hurry up the last 25 pounds! i found atkins almost impossibly unsustainable in real life. so antisocial. and so expensive!
    we are all here routing for you. but you must be patient or you will do yourself a disservice.i had someone say this to me and it was the best piece of advice ever given to me. i lost 8 pounds in the first 5 DAYS and have stayed the same for over 2 weeks. see?
    take care hon x

@katab misunderstanding. i was not suggesting YOU eat 3000 cals a day at all, quite the reverse, i was saying that for a sweet tooth like mine, I could easily eat 3000 cals in chocolate- it was the biggest number i could think of!

@ebell13 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOO! wonderful
    so glad you shared it with us xx pass the cake

Thank you for the birthday wishes, ladies! I’m looking forward to cake and wine this evening πŸ™‚

For the record, I have no trouble at all having a 3000 calorie day either. lol Too many of them is what got me in this mess! Love knowing that I have a ‘forever’ solution now though. FINALLY!!!!!

@trying49, it sounds like none of us are strangers to the dreaded plateau, but stick with it! This plan is amazing once you adapt, which doesn’t take long. @whyamisoshy is right – by month 3, it’s routine. We’re all here for you if you need help!

@katab, I completely agree! I call my NFDs ‘normal days’ too. Some days I am mindful and stay under my recommended intake, but others I just live my life, and if I go over, I go over. It’s important to find that balance. I cannot pig out like I used to either, no matter how much I might want to. The appetite reduction is a welcome side effect!

Happy birthday @ebell13. Hope it’s a good one!! πŸŽ‚

@trying49. Give this a try. It (mostly) easy. I have had a few difficult fast days but only a few and then you can eat normally. So it’s not a chore. Also, Keep in mind you don’t have to lose all 50 pounds to start feeling fantastic. 10-25 pounds down and you will feel like Wonder Woman. πŸ’ͺ🏻

To everyone else…..happy fasting!!

FD done and dusted for this week so feeling quietly pleased with how it’s going so far

Keep up the good work everyone….xx

FD almost done. Had a great day, gym before work, then an hour walk along the beach after work, and managed limited food without wanting to chew someones arm off. Yay!! I’ve found a few recipes and meal plans, and I’m reading forums looking for suggestions for meals, and how to cope on tough days. No doubt there’ll be some of those along the way. Feeling very positive, and I think this forum is part of that. Thank-you ladies πŸ™‚

@ceebee59, well now, you are entirely welcome! πŸ™‚

i am not fasting today. milky coffee then two eggs and a piece of good bread. tonight…well, we are v excited, it’s thai green chicken curry with yam and melanzane, sorry, i mean eggplant. no! i mean aubergine! wahhhhhhhh! yumyum.

i just bit off a piece of my favourite cake/biscuit treat…and didn’t want it. after that mouthful, well it was a tiny nibble in fact, i did not eat the rest… it is some weird game of tricks this one, girls. this diet. either its something weird going on with me and my meds or this diet is strange. i don’t know whats happening. but it’s starting to come off again, the weight. i know, cos i can see it in my hips, and my other half always notices it in my face. i don’t need scales really, cos i am going to do the same thing with or without them. i never cheat, and he can know more or less exactly what i weigh and i can tell how my clothes feel so… and another inch off my waist.

x

Hello ladies! I love to see the positivity in the last few comments. I see people being active even on FDs which can be a challenge…always makes me hungrier. I see people enjoying themselves but still making smart choices on NFDs, whether it’s portion control (whether a conscious decision or not, @whyamisoshy!), or healthier food. Great job everyone!

Birthday report – I did have a lovely day, thanks for the wishes πŸ™‚ It was a NFD for me…I stuck with hot water with lemon most of the day, and had a few crackers in the afternoon, some homemade chili for dinner, followed by a small piece of cake, 1 large glass of white wine, and a couple of handfuls of chips (crisps) at my party. Feeling okay about it. Back on track today – just coffee so far, hot water with lemon next.

Glad you are seeing some progress @whyamisoshy! I am hoping next week will be more productive for me too. you’re completely right – the # on the scale is not as important as how we feel in our clothes and our own skin! It is so nice to see and feel that change.

Keep up the great work and positivity, everyone! xoxo

By the way, @whyamisoshy…what kind of cake/biscuit treat was it? I have cherry bakewells, frangipanes, mini battenburgs, and loads of chocolate in my freezer just waiting for treat days, which are few and far between these days! πŸ™‚

I was in England in May, and came home with a whole suitcase full of shopping (mostly food) which is still in my freezer waiting for special occasions. I fear a lot of it will make its escape over the holidays. And then come the mince pies, sausage rolls, xmas pudding…oh my goodness, I’m in trouble!

Hopefully this lovely little support group you created is still active at xmas…I think I will need it!!

of course it will be. we will need a mulled wine and mince pie support group and hlepline! hahahaha

it was a’ papassini’ i spend a lot of time at my place in italy and we go to sardinia a lot and they make them there and we bring them over here. they are made by the gods i do believe. look them up. i cant even begin to describe them. there are no words x

Those look lovely! Unfortunately for me, I found a recipe, and must now try to make them! lol My sister and brother-in-law were in Italy last year, and it sounded like a wonderful trip. I would love to go one day! Lucky you!

italy….honestly… it’s the most beautiful place i have ever been. i came here when i was 8, to florence, and i knew i had found my spiritual home, and i found my home, myself, here and knew i would spend my life- or as much of it as i can, here and i do! πŸ™‚

we had a terrible earth quake today… 6.2 on the scale
    we get them v badly in northern italy.

re papassini…once when we came back from the beach i ate 12 in a row- they are unique. gorgeous. i think you are meant to eat like…2 or 3 max. they have whole almonds in them. candied peel. raisons. aniseed. vanilla. half way between biscuit and pastry. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i am doing 4,3 from now on. i just enjoy it more. x

Every account of Italy I have heard has been amazing. One day I will go! I heard about the earthquake – was it near you? That is so scary.

I live on the prairies in central Canada – I actually drive past the sign at the longitudinal center of Canada on my way to and from work every day. lol Not much in the way of natural disasters here, other than the odd tornado (nothing like in central US), and very harsh winters.

4:3 seems to work for me too. It is a lost cause this week because of festivities, but I am doing my best to keep my naughty calories to one meal rather than blow the whole day. Back to good workouts and strict 4:3 next week. Spa day tomorrow! xoxo

Hi ladies, wow, you all eat some interesting food!! Lol. ( I do love hearing about all the snack/sweets that you eat. I eat such different stuff here in the US.). @ebell. I’m in Minnesota so…..yes…..harsh winters! I know all about that. Freezing weather just makes me want to bake cookies. I’ll definately need to do 5:2 all winter. Good thing I find it manageable. 😊
    Almost done with my fast day, and so far so good!!!

i have made a monumental- or just mental- lol- decision. as i enjoy fasting so much, and it seems to be helping me generally, i am going to do alternate day fasting. ie. every single other day. ie. 3,4.
    or, well, whenever the 2nd days fall. and if i miss a fast, i think i will do a back to back. now i have found my tuscan million veg and bean soup, i am fine on fast days!

so, wish me luck! i made up my mind so thats that. πŸ™‚
    you cant make something as successful, ground breaking, easy AND enjoyable as this and then tell people to stop at 4,3 . EODF is no big deal. i find that spiritually this feels good too. i am highly sensitive and spiritual x

remember that ADF or EODF is just half a day more than the 4,3 !!!! that’s all!

Oh goody, code puzzles, I love them…so, ADF is Alternate Day Fasting? EODF is Every Other Day Fasting??
    whyamisoshy – would you be willing to share your soup recipe with us? I find soups really filling and eat them all year round.

Isn’t ADF, EODF and 4:3 the same thing, just a different code? I think in the book Michael mentions those are probably the best but for some people, not achievable long term which is why he came up,with the suggestion of 5:2.
    I must admit after two days I’m ready to fast the next day ( I had to juggle my days around this week to accommodate events) and I never thought I’d say that in life.
    Last winter I bought a soup maker and low salt stock cubes and basically just throw in any veg and after 26 mins, a bowl of soup. I found it really helpful for when veg are a bit soft and not pleasant to eat as a meal. But the soup maker I choose the blended option and you can never tell that the veg were on the turn. This weekend I’m planning to make pumpkin soup…will be brilliant options for FD.

Well done, why… Keep up the good work everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 557 total)

You must be logged in to reply.