hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

This topic contains 556 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 551 through 557 (of 557 total)

• Hi ladies

I’m really struggling to lose the weight. I do well on my fast days, I always lose, but then I seem to just gain it all back on the NFD. I’m not overeating. I’m still being good. I have 2 days between my first and second FD, then 3 days until I have my next FD (which include the weekend)

Anybody got any ideas or tips?! I’m starting to get disheartened, which is not how I want to be feeling!

Thanks xx

Hi,Katylou83! I weigh myself daily and the scale is all over the board. Don’t despair! You have to look at the long-term net results. Maybe start weighing yourself once a week and see if that shows your true weight loss.

@katylou83, @matatauta is right – look at the big picture! Water weight fluctuation alone throws it all out of whack, plus the difference in the amount of food that is ‘in limbo’ in your system on NFDs vs. FDs. I weigh myself at the same day and time each week to get a more accurate picture of overall results.

Also, because I wasn’t getting the results I wanted, I went to 4:3 rather than 5:2. I also misbehave more than I should on NFDs sometimes, but we have to live too. This is meant to be a long term lifestyle change, at least it is for me.

I fast Mon-Tues back to back – this is when I make my progress. Wed is a NFD, then fast on Thurs, which basically just serves to prevent me from gaining any back. The 2 back to back days are tough, but that is when I lose.
    Hopefully that helps 🙂

Last week was not very successful for me, but I am back on track today, and I think I have finally shaken the holiday bad habits. I have a vacation coming up in March, so I am trying to focus on that. I keep putting my bathing suit on to remind myself what I am working for! Trying to get back to working out at least 2-3 days per week. It helps that we have a ridiculous amount of snow this year, so I have been doing a lot of shoveling!

Have a great day ladies, and stay strong! xoxo

Anyone still on this thread?

If you’re eating on your fast days, try quitting. The moment you put food back into your system, your body’s energy is diverted from healing and fat-burning to digestion. The longer you go with nothing but fluids, the more pronounced results you will see.

This is also true of exercising on your fast days. If your body isn’t working to burn off your caloric intake for the day, it goes straight to burning fat.

@metatauta, I’m still here, but it doesn’t look like much has been posted lately. How are you doing?

@onlygoodvibes, that is a good idea. I’m usually fine to make it through the day with nothing, until I get home and my husband is having dinner, and I’m really hungry. I’m trying not to let it get in my head, but I find that evenings are my downfall if I’m really hungry.

I was doing really well until about a week before xmas, and then gave myself a bit of a break. Big mistake. It was my first holiday season following this plan, and I have found that after my ‘break’ it has been really hard to get back on track. I have maintained, but not lost anything in a couple of months. I’m really hoping this week will be better. It seems to be helping that we are coming out of the deep freeze now, and starting to get into that spring mindset.

Good luck everyone, and have a great day!

@ebell13 – hello! I found another thread called “February 2017 Challenge” and have been posting to it as of 2/9/17, which is why I haven’t posted on this one, sorry! I just remembered that this thread was the first one I was attracted to, as it had only females. I don’t need male friends, got my OH, haha and I know he would not like it. I made some progress over January and February, losing an average of .68 lbs. per week. I will not do measurements until the month is finally over and will post then. I never had such a sustainable way of life as this one and I’m grateful for all the tweaks and advice and encouragement I’ve received so far. The February 2017 Challenge thread has about 109 users and we “check in” every day. It is morphing into a March challenge soon. I invite you to come on it; there are a lot of wonderful women from all over the globe on it! How are you doing? Let’s keep in touch!

Viewing 7 posts - 551 through 557 (of 557 total)

You must be logged in to reply.