hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

This topic contains 556 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 557 total)

• we can do this šŸ™‚ xx

@ebell13 i give hugs freely to peeps in need and today you are my priority. hug hug hug xxxxxxxxx

there. now.

i have been having a lot of anxiety (i don’t ever get that, even though i am BP2) in the last 3 days and its in these days i have been eating rather a little and losing rather more weight.

has anyone else had anxiety when they eat less??? i wonder if its common? or ever been heard of? or just me! hahahahahahha x

Thanks, @whyamisoshy! I needed that. Hanging in there so far…looking forward to my meager dinner, and even more to some much needed calories tomorrow šŸ™‚

I certainly have had issues with anxiety, but I’ve never connected it with eating less. However, I can see how being hungry makes for an underlying ‘wound-up’ feeling, and I would think it would increase a lot if you were to have any caffeine. That is one thing I have noticed – I normally drink a few cups of coffee throughout the morning and afternoon, but on my FDs it can make me jittery, so I try to cut back and have tea instead.

Hugs back to you darling! Thanks for the encouragement! xoxo

always here to encourage. it’s why i started this. we all need it don’t we ! šŸ™‚

ready at your service xx why? xx cos i care!

going to fly in a bit, to UK, then bit occupied… so will get in touch in a bit
    go for it sweeties xx i support you all xx

Heya all I’ve started 5:2 a week ago and is the first time I’ve been very keen on a new lifestyle to get healthy and shift a couple of stone leftover from 2 children!! I was convinced it was 24hr fast too and did that 3 times til I read that it should be 36hours…oops oh well it’s practice! I find it much more do-able when having a busy day at work not tempted by kids eating treats etc..so just to be sure I’ve got it now would it be last meal Sunday 7pm then next meal tues 7am?! Thanks

Hi Chrissy79,

I asked the same question and was told if your last meal is 7pm Sunday your next meal would be 7pm on Monday. I have been on this for a week now and I do 4:3 and lost 4lb last week doing it this way, I guess it’s up to you and how you feel you can cope with the fast days. šŸ˜‰ good luck

xx

Hey everyone,

It’s very quiet on here this week, hope your all doing well and being strong when fasting.

xx

Hi Everyone, and welcome newbies! Good luck to everyone!

@cainsey80 and @chrissy79, I do 4:3, and I normally do Monday-Tuesday back to back, and then Thursday. I have my last meal/snack Sunday evening, and eat the 500 cals or less per day mon-tues. Then I don’t eat until breakfast on Wednesday. After last meal on Wednesday, I have my 500 cals Thursday, and don’t eat again until breakfast on Friday. I have never tracked it by hours, but this has been working for me.

@whyamisoshy, I hope you’re having a lovely trip home!

Stay strong on those FDs, everyone! This is proving to be a tough time of year. I live in Manitoba, Canada, and we are now in the grips of a 2-3 day winter storm, to be followed by temps of -30c. Brr! That makes me want comfort food, but so far, so good.

Keep up the good work!! xoxo

Hi I will buddy up to.. I started about a week ago but not lost any weight although feel better… I’m not sure if I’m doing it right I stop eating 8 pm and don’t eat again till 8 pm following evening when I have something to eat I do drink tea with milk and water in the day… Is this right ? Also how big should the after eight meal be ??

Hi @mellyr123! Welcome to our chat!

My understanding is that it is to be 36 hours, not 24. Within that period, you are allowed 500 calories, so whenever you have them is fine, but no more.

I typically would stop eating around 6:00 pm on say a Monday, eat only 1 meal that is less than 500 cals for dinner on the fast day (Tuesday), and then would not eat again until breakfast on the Wednesday. Has been working well for me.

Good luck!!

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is having a great day! It is so cold here in Manitoba. This week is our first real taste of winter…we had a big snow storm Tuesday & Wednesday…lots of snow, high winds, and horrible icy roads, some even closed to traffic. Now the bitter cold has descended upon us…brr. Shouldn’t really complain – it’s been very mild for us until now. We still had green grass in some places last week, which is so odd.

Today is FD #4 for me this week. I wouldn’t normally ever do so many, but I have been part of a ‘Biggest Loser’ type challenge which ends tomorrow, so it’s crunch time! That being said, I will most certainly be enjoying some xmas baking this weekend as a reward for my dedication, but that’s okay…’tis the season, after all. Back on track on Monday…my goal from now until January 1st is to make it through without gaining over the holidays, and start losing again in the new year.

What is everyone doing for xmas? We are lucky to be staying local, so no major travel, although xmas with palm trees is something I’ve always wanted to try. Maybe one day!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and stay strong! Missing you, @whyamisoshy…hope you’re having a lovely time! xoxo

I’d love to join you ladies! I’ve never joined a group like this before. Im looking for a common sense, balanced, eating plan that I can follow. I need to lose 25 lbs. I’m 5’6, and weigh 160lbs.
    I know how to eat healthy food……however my biggest problem is portion control.

I’ve decided to start this after Jan 1. It seems like a logical time for me.

Thank you all and good luck through the Holidays!

Renee

Hey guys,

nice to meet you grandma we, I think Jan is a perfect time to join.

Iā€™m not doing too well this week. I have had no fast days apart from today.

Sunday I had a Christmas meal with the in-laws as they are off to Dubai, Monday was my birthday so lots of drinks and food. yesterday was a works Christmas party and tomorrow is my other works Christmas party lol.

Gonna start fresh on Monday šŸ˜‰

hope your all doing well xx

Hi Ladies!
    My name is Kasey and I am almost 30 and from Australia. I have just spent the last hour reading through your posts and you all sound so nice and supportive, I was hoping I could join in?? I have been doing the 5 2 on and off for a couple of years now with some great successes! Now that my babies are older and I am done with breastfeeding I am hoping lose about 20kg and fit back into my pre baby cloths :-).
    This site is exactly what I need to keep motivated.
    Lovely to meet you all and hoping that 2017 will be my year!

Hi ladies! I’d love to join this group please?!
    I’m 33 from Surrey in the U.K. Initially I would like to lose 15kg (2.5 stone) I’ve done it before (not using this diet) but a new job where I’m less active means the weight has started to creep back on!! I’ve heard great things about this diet so am willing to give it a try. I plan to start next Monday….2nd January….new year….new me!!
    I’ve found that groups like this really help….having other people help and motivate you is brilliant!

Come on girls…..we can do it!! šŸ‹šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøX

Good morning, and welcome all new comers! I hope everyone had/is having a lovely holiday season! It was a busy one for us, and I am feeling stuffed! It’s ben just over a week since my last FD, and boy, can I ever feel it.

It is time for me to get back on track, but this week is only a half effort on my part. I will be going back to my regular 4:3 starting Monday (Jan 2nd). It will be a little tough to get back into the routine, but I’m looking forward to feeling normal again. No more big gatherings and huge meals that make me feel fat and bloated! Don’t get me wrong, I love them, but I was feeling so good before all of the festivities started, and it’s amazing what just a few days of overindulgence can do to change that.

I hope everyone is doing well… have a great rest of the week, and stay strong! xo

Hey guys and welcome all you new ladies,

I am sick of the site of food and I haven’t even over indulged šŸ˜³
    Ebell13 I will be starting 4:3 on Monday as well gonna get a grip on this and crack the whip šŸ˜Š

Hope you have all had a great time these past few weeks and let’s do this!!
    2017 is the year for big losses šŸ’ƒšŸ¼šŸ’ŖšŸ»

Hey Cainsey80 ! I will be joining you and Ebell13 on the wagon, but with 5:2 and not 4:3. Looking forward to this journey !!

I’m so glad that a few of you are also doing 4:3! I’m going to start it on Monday as well. My days will be Monday Wednesday and Fridays. I have really over indulged in the holidays and my clothes are getting too tight šŸ˜©. I’m so happy that I have you all to help me keep motivated.

kaseyleelee I will also be doing Monday Wednesday and Friday šŸ™‚ it will be good, I’m looking forward to it.

I’m having a new years eve party with lots of finger food, then on Sunday I have the inlaws coming for a 3-course meal lol. Monday will be greatly welcomed as I am sick of the sight of food hahaha!

Roll on 4:3 and 5:2 for those doing that šŸ˜€ HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Good morning ladies! I can completely relate to all of you…I am tired of the sight of food too! This weekend we are hosting New Year’s Eve, so we also will be having finger food, but that is it. I am determined to start my FDs again on Monday, and have a good week.

My goal was to get through the holidays without gaining, but alas, I didn’t. However, over the course of December I usually overindulge a lot right through new year’s, for a gain of 10-12 lbs. This year it is only 5, which will fall off quickly once I’m back on track, so no guilt here. We still have to live a little šŸ™‚

I have 40 lbs left to lose, and I am determined to do that this year. That would put me at 135, which for my height (or lack thereof) is a healthy weight. I have not been under 140 my entire adult life, and I am so excited to do that for myself this year. It is the year of me, and it will be a great summer!!! I have lost 65 lbs since April 4th this year, so I know I can do it if I am diligent.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year! We can support eachother next week as we all get back on track…the first week or 2 are always the hardest.

Cheers!

Hi ladies!

So I started yesterday with a normal day, but ate healthier than the last few weeks thanks to Christmas. Today is my first fasting day….any tips??

Thanks šŸ˜ŠXx

hey katylou83,

I drink lots of hot water and green tea to keep me feeling full on cold days when fasting, I hope today goes well for you šŸ™‚

I normally keep to 2 meals lunch and dinner 200kcals for lunch and 300 for dinner as I tend to want to pick in the evenings lol

good luck xx

Thank you cainsey80

So far so good. I’ve had a few cups of fruit tea throughout the morning and for lunch I’m just trying a black coffee (missing the sugar though šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼)

I’m trying to save all my calories for this evening when I get home from work. I made a yummy detox soup so I know I can have a huge bowl of that when I get in.

Is it important to eat the full 500 calories or is it ok to eat less?? I know that probably sounds silly, but with weight watchers they were quite adamant you used all your points up!

Thanks xx

to be honest, katylou83 I’m not sure. I would say that as its a fast day it wouldn’t matter if you had nothing as you are fasting?
    see how it goes, if you don’t lose then try eating all the 500kcals. xx

Good morning ladies! Today is my first FD of 2017. So far, so good. We have another crazy winter storm here in Manitoba today, which makes me long for comfort food, but I am used to fasting now, and honestly sick of the sight of food after the holidays!

One thing I depend on, which is supposed to be good for the liver (bonus side effect) is hot water with a little bit of lemon. That is my ‘tea’ most of the time when I am fasting. It’s a bit tart, but I am used to that now too. Also @katylou83, I like my coffee black and sweet, and I use stevia. Better than artificial chemical sweeteners, and zero calories šŸ˜€

@katylou83 and @cainsey80, I often have less than 500 cals on a fast day…usually closer to 300-400. I have coffee, tea and lots of water all day, and then a big salad with a bit of lean protein for dinner, and it’s worked well for me for over 6 months now.

One other trick – if you get really hungry, it seem silly, but if you make ‘tea’ with celery seed, it tastes like a vegetable broth, and is surprisingly satisfying, particularly on a cold day.

Best wishes to all…stay warm, and keep up the great work! 2017 will be a great year!!
    Erin xoxo

Thank you so much @ebell13

I haven’t tried stevia but I’m certainly going to now. I can’t get on with other sweeteners…they taste so bitter.

I drank lots of water and fruit teas yesterday and had a bowl of vegetable soup and a couple of boiled eggs for dinner, and quite honestly I was absolutely stuffed!

I did really well yesterday, just weighed myself after my first fast day and I lost 1.2kg….soooooo pleased!

Thanks for the tips!

Good luck and take care xx

A little update from me:

Third day on the 5:2 today, and the first day after a fast day. I had a grilled bacon sandwich for breakfast, and that filled me up so much I have eaten nothing else until dinner time. On the menu tonight is a yummy homemade light vegetable and lentil curry with rice!

I’ve been to the supermarket and bought some stevia sweetener to try on recommendation from @ebell13 so going to try that in a cuppa later!

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying it as much as I am?!

Kat xx

Hello all,
    Can I join you?
    I am a sometimes 5:2 and sometimes alternate day faster.
    I gained a few kilos over Xmas. So i started fasting again this week.
    Today I had some Brussels sprouts and cheese for lunch, cheese, avocado and rocket salad with olives for supper.
    I am supposed to be fasting today so will try to not have anything else.
    However I am so tired today, and I have to drive the car later to pick up my partner. Have to be alert. So I feel tempted to eat chocolate and have a coffee with cream later before going out. I have a stash of 80% cocoa chocolate for emergencies.
    Happy New Year all.

Good morning @katylou83! It sounds like you are doing really well! I hope you like the stevia. It is different than sugar, and most brands are very sweet, so you only need a tiny bit. They certainly don’t have the bitterness that artificial sweeteners have, and the best part is that stevia is natural, so no chemicals.

I know what you mean about the decreased appetite…that is what got me through the holidays with only minor weight gain compared to normal! I’m still finding it a bit tough weaning myself off of the xmas cookies, mince pies, sausage rolls, etc., but today is FD #2 for the week, and so far, so good. Monday was a holiday, so it messed up my schedule. Next week I’m back to 4:3. Even yesterday, which was a NFD, I stayed well under my recommended calories, so it should be a good/productive week! I haven’t weighed myself since Sunday, but I will this Sunday – see what the first week back on track did for me. Definitely feeling better already.

Keep up the good work, and enjoy your curry…it sounds delish! Taco salad (sans tacos) for me tonight. Mmmmmm. Only 250 cals for what I have.

Have a great day! xoxo

Thanks @ebell13

It was my second FD on Thursday and I had the worst headache ever and fasting was most definitely not helping. However I stuck to it and didn’t give in til about 4pm when I eventually had a coffee wih milk and sugar, but I had fasted for 20hrs by that point so I think it was fine to do so. Nothing to eat until dinner…yummy fish and veg.

Yesterday was a NFD and I was so proud of myself. We have a stash of Xmas chocolate at work still, I took a Ferero Rocher in the afternoon then suddenly got busy. It sat on my desk for an hour, and then I decided I didn’t really need it….and put it back!!!!

Just weighed myself…5 days in….2xFD…I’m down just over half a stone ( 3.2kg)….I am thrilled to bits! That headache was worth it! And now I know it’s working…so giving me motivation not to ruin it over the weekend and to stick with it!!

Hope you’re doing well too!?

Where are you btw? I’m based in Surrey in U.K.! Xx

Hello, all! I started 5:2 in late 2016 for only one week and lost weight, then got the flu! Restarting now in 2017 and hoping to lose about 30-40 lbs. Just retired, so it will be a challenge to stay away from the fridge during the day, but I’m determined that this is the only way I am going to lose weight permanently. The math just makes sense – calories in/calories out! Plus, it’s so uncomplicated and I’m happy that I don’t have to spend any $ on tracking/joining/counting, except for the fast days. Are there any women here from the USA? I notice a lot of younger women from the UK are on this forum and I am grateful for your posts, but it would be nice to hear from a senior (woman only) that I might be able to relate to better? No offense, girls!

Good morning ladies! @katylou83 – that is a great start! Wow! It’s been a slow start for me in 2017 – last week was not a great effort on my part, but I am determined to stick to my guns and get back on track this week. I was so diligent until about a week before xmas, and then allowed myself a break. Always so hard to get back into it, but I have about 60 lbs left to lose now, and I WILL do it this year.

I am in Manitoba, Canada, and it is so bloody cold here right now! This weather drives me to comfort food (and wine), but I have to get used to not having it. So much easier in the summer when fresh produce is nicer and less expensive, and eating cold food (salad, raw veg, etc) is easier! I haven’t been to Surrey, but I was in Benfleet, Essex last May…I have family there. I can’t wait to come back. I still have a box of goodies in my freezer that I brought home…I have earmarked a box of cherry Bakewells for a treat day šŸ™‚

@metatauta, I am with you! I may not be a senior (I’m 37), but I’ve been battling my weight all my life, and this is the best program I’ve ever done and stuck with, hands down. I hope it will work as well for you as it has for me! I love the flexibility and simplicity. It doesn’t cost any extra $$, and one of my biggest issues is not having enough time/energy to stick to a regular exercise regime, so it’s nice that there is no real time commitment to this either. Where are you in the USA? Are you suffering the same cold that we are here in Manitoba?

Good luck to all, and have a great day!!! xoxo

ebell13, I am in the southern US, a transplant from the city to a little rural town and in the woods. Our weather is usually very temperate compared to up north. We are right now in the coldest spell of the season; lows are in the teens and single digits; highs are in the teens, but later this week, we will be having springlike weather in the 50s and even 60! Go figure! We still get snow, but usually only an inch or so at a time; they close everything down and not many roads are plowed/salted (except ours!). I got through my first fast day with 5 calories to spare. I was the most tempted after dinner to cheat, but I steamed a few pieces of broccoli and added salt and a bit of butter and it was a nice snack. And instead of a beer, I chose green tea, haha! Next day: 2 lbs lost! I’m sure it was water weight, but as happened the last time, I did not eat as much the next day, and still lost another pound this morning! Although my first fast day was Saturday (end of the week), I’m not going to worry about another fast day in the middle of the next week….I’m just opting for fasting 2 days out of 7.

Need some help ladies!!
    Really struggling this week: the Xmas chocs/cookies are calling me!
    Any tips on how to get through a fasting day without blowing it in the evening?! Yesterday I did really well until I started my 500calories for dinner…then just couldn’t stop! I know I ended up eating way more than I should have. Is it better to split the calories between two meals?
    Any tips/guidance is very much appreciated
    Thanks x

Good afternoon ladies! @katylou83, I find the best thing to do is keep busy. Sometimes all I want to do is sit on the couch in the evening and enjoy a little down time, but that’s when my cravings hit. I try to get up and busy myself for a few minutes, then I usually forget about it. I cave sometimes too, but most of the time I can get by with a cup of herbal or fruit tea. Pickles are a good snack if you are craving something crunchy and salty, but it’s normally the sweets that get me. My leftover xmas goodies are safely in the freezer…out of sight, out of mind šŸ™‚ I usually have a piece of fruit or a few raw veg around mid day (50-100 cals) and save the rest for dinner. That way I can have something more satisfying for my evening meal, and that gets me through the evening. At least that is what has been working for me šŸ™‚

@metatauta, sounds like you are doing well and making good choices! Keep up the good work! I’m doing better this week too. Had a very successful day yesterday, NFD today, and fasting Wed-Thurs. Not my usual routine, but this week it’s what works.

@smeagle, of course you can join us! Sorry – it seems that nobody acknowledged you the other day. Did you make it through your day and drive to pick up your partner? Are you drinking enough water? I find sometimes I get a bit blurry on a FD if I don’t drink enough. I normally drink 2-3 litres per day, and on fast days, even more – it really helps. If you’re going to have chocolate on a FD, the 80% cocoa is definitely the way to go, but a handful of berries would do you far more good…just a thought. Believe me, I’d choose the chocolate every time šŸ˜‰

Stay strong ladies!! xoxo

Hi there…I am in Australia and have just joined, so happy to do it with you…:)

Hi ladies! I’d love to join, too, if it’s not too late! I’m in Boston, MA, and the holidays have me 5 lbs up. I started 5:2 in July, and I love it, but the last month has been pretty hard to stay focused!

Fasted yesterday–first time in a while, and gearing up for my second fast tomorrow. I’m going to take the advice of this thread and drink as much water as I can–I never drink on fast days, get worried the effect might make me hungrier (we’ll see if I’m wrong tomorrow!). But I’ve developed really bad “keto breath,” and apparently drinking will help with that, too!

Anyway, ladies–stay strong, and SOOOO glad I found this thread!

Hi ladies! I’d love to join, too, if it’s not too late! I’m in Boston, MA, and the holidays have me 5 lbs up. I started 5:2 in July, and I love it, but the last month has been pretty hard to stay focused!

Fasted yesterday–first time in a while, and gearing up for my second fast tomorrow. I’m going to take the advice of this thread and drink as much water as I can–I never drink on fast days, get worried the effect might make me hungrier (we’ll see if I’m wrong tomorrow!).

Anyway, ladies–stay strong, and SOOOO glad I found this thread!

hello everyone, i also want to buddy up – glad I found this community. I am in UK – weather today gorgeous! I need to loose 20 kgs to be in the mid healthy weight range, and its a big ask. Next fast day is Friday – Ill let you know how it went. Its useful to read all your ideas. xx

Hello again, ladies! Today is my second fast day in a week…I really enjoy an egg in the morning with basil, cilantro, frozen peppers and onions, cayenne and a few tablespoons of my favorite salsa. I microwave it in a bowl with a spray of canola oil. it totals a little over 100 calories and is delicious! I still use fat free half and half in my tea with Splenda. This seems to satisfy me all morning because of the protein and spice effect. I assume, fastnfeast, you might have the “keto breath” because of not eating carbs on your fast days? An apple for lunch, even baked a little with some cinnamon will tide me over in the afternoon. The evenings are the hardest, but with a little imagination (and spice!), I plan to drink some green tea, some lemon/lime carbonated non-caloric soda and a ton of baby carrots. I dip them in 1 tblsp. of ranch dressing. I hope these suggestions help for those who might feel panicky on fast days.

Good morning, and welcome @coasting, @fastnfeast, and @merendina! It is really hard to get back on track after the holidays, but I started this in July as well, and I made such good progress in 2016, I’m anxious to pick up where I left off around mid-December.

@merendina, that is a big ask, but when I started last year, I had over 50kg to lose. I lost just over 25kg in 2016 following this plan, so half way there! 2017 is the year I will hit my target weight, so let’s do it together!

I hope everyone has a great day šŸ™‚ This is a FD for me…hungry already…need to drink more water šŸ™‚

Stay strong! xoxo

katylou83, it’s my experience (and I don’t have much, but it helps me) is to eat what you like, but eat it in conscious portions on fast days. For instance, I like half and half in my tea, so I use it, but only a total of 3 tablespoons. I like full fat dressing, but I measure 2 tablespoons and dip my veggies one at a time to get the taste. Protein early in the day tides me over for quite a few hours. I leave the dipping veggies until the evening meal, so I can watch TV and mindlessly dip, haha! My payoff is knowing that the next day, I can eat whatever I want. And when I wake up the next day, I really feel great, lighter and healthier. And I don’t eat as much as I imagined I would the day before! Hope this helps.

Welcome, Renee! Are you still on the 5:2? How goes it?

Hi, Kaseyleelee! Glad to have you on board this site! I’m just beginning to read all the posts since I joined and I’m glad I can respond to each particular post, as they are all very interesting and different! It’s already 1/11/17, and I am assuming you are still on the 5:2? Let us know how it’s going for you!

Coasting, welcome! Did you decide to do 5:2 or 4:3? How’s it been going for you?

Hi. I started 5:2 at the beginning of November and am very pleased with results. I managed to be the same weight after the New Year as I was pre Xmas. Unheard of. I fast for 24 hours as I find that suits me fine.

I blew it šŸ™ I stayed up far too late last night, and turned to food to keep me awake at work today. As it was to be a fast day, all I had on hand was an ’emergency’ can of Campbell’s creamy Thai curry chicken and rice soup, which I ate in its entirety, of course, for a whopping 600 calories.

Before that, just an apple this morning, and 1/2 oz. of peanuts. Still under 800 calories…maybe I can make it the rest of the day with nothing, or just a pickle or a few pieces of raw veg later if I get desperate.

I will put in some treadmill time when I get home to cover the overage, but still disappointed in myself. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I won’t blow the rest of the day (as tempting as it is), and I’ll fast again tomorrow.

I hope you ladies are doing better than I! BTW, @santana, well done you for making it through the holidays with no gain!! That is no easy feat!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 557 total)

You must be logged in to reply.