hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
hi. looking for a buddy or buddies to do this with. females only please.

This topic contains 556 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 557 total)

• and it is wonderful and an HONOUR to have so many wonderful new faces on here. i really am thrilled. it has cheered me. i can’t be crap/useless/hopeless/a failure/worthless if i started a group which encourages people, right? πŸ™‚

i have the most loving helpful family friends and brilliant professionals all round me. still, i wouldn’t wish my condition on ANYONE in the world. and that i promise you.

whyamisoshy,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. We have all been there. Also, it sounds like water weight for sure–maybe hormonally related (which I am sure you have thought of). You may want to talk to your doc and get your levels tested (though that’s the last thing I would want to do when I feel so bad).

I did my first fast day and gained! I think because I am also trying new kinds of fiber. I am a Type 2 Diabetic and my sugars were all over the place yesterday too. I am bloated and ridiculous, but I am not upset at the moment in my life in general and I do think practice makes perfect. Sometimes the perfect seems very far away, but the practice is always there.

Keep the faith.

You have started a very good string on here by the way. Best one I have found.

@mollymitochon

this is how fragile and pathetic i am now… your saying that kind thing to me has me in floods, cos maybe there is hope.
    thank you for bothering to write that. it means so much more than you think it does.

don’t worry about gaining after your first fast cos for whatever reason it happens. once i did a back to back fast just to see if i could. well i could and i gained a pound after eating 500 cals per day. but a week later after eating loads of pizza and chocolate i dropped a pound on top of that weeks half a pound. so you know… it stayed off too. always worth putting in the work. its chalking up another brownie point under your belt that will come out at some point or other in the future. i do believe in this i really do. sorry if i make loads of typos, i do check my epistles but i am rather confused and disorientated.

random piece of useless female info… did you know that the new SPANX body shapers have pee holes built into them…. hahahahahahahahahah. FACT bomb!

had my bowl of my cereal today and didnt realize it was loaded with sugar which is why i was craving it and why i got terribly thirsty had a horrible sugar rush and fell asleep for four hours. after a fast if i eat something sugary that happens. so i stopped. but i didnt realize this muesli was all sugar!

love, in support of you all. your supporting, why x

Good afternoon from Canada!

@whyamisoshy, I am so sad to hear that you are having a hard time and feeling so unwell. I wonder if maybe the ADF is too much, and your body could be ‘hoarding’ calories? I know that feeling – don’t get discouraged! Maybe try 4:3 or 5:2 for a week or 2 just to give your body a break? Unless it is related to your meds, in which case (of course I am no doc) I don’t know what to recommend. Definitely sounds like water weight to me though, which is only ever temporary, so don’t let it get you down! The best thing to do is to avoid sodium and drink lots of water to help flush it through. We all have bad days and sometimes weeks. It will get better!

Watch out for those hidden sugars…sometimes things that appear ‘healthy’ can be terrible! On a somewhat unrelated note, I completely cut out aspartame a couple of years ago (aside from a piece of sugarless gum probably once per month), and that helped me feel better…just a thought. That stuff is terrible!!! I had a doctor tell me once that even for diabetics, sugar is better (in small quantities, of course). Your body can process sugar, but aspartame will absorb into healthy cells, and remain in your body for MONTHS! Scary. Especially when you think about how much people take in trying to eat less calories – diet pop, ‘sugar free’ treats of all sorts – the majority still contain aspartame. Also, and this is unconfirmed, but I once heard that it was originally developed as an ant poison. Yuck…chemicals! Anyway, it can actually drastically hinder weight loss for some people.

Even though it makes it a bit more complicated (especially on a 500 cal day), it is best to eat and drink as natural as possible. Filtered water; organics; pesticide-, GMO-, hormone- and antibiotic-free…it’s amazing how many terrible things we all ingest without even knowing it. And I can’t stress this enough for everyone…LOTS OF WATER!!

Verbal diarrhea today – sorry!! hahahaha

I am having a good week and making some progress…today is a NFD for me, so I am enjoying myself, within reason. Pizza for supper! Back to a FD tomorrow. I am trying to stay focused on the long-term, and I’m looking forward to buying some new clothes in the spring!

I wish you all a great day πŸ™‚ **HUGS**

@whyamisoshy Oh dear! I do hope you are feeling better today. In order not to let it affect your mood, do try to look at it from “above”. Just watch what’s happening to you, trying to be as impersonal and unemotional as possible. Encourage yourself and try to relax, feel as if you are a different person, a caretaker, who is helpful and kind. Meditation helps a lot, I’d recommend the Monroe’s institute meta music meditations – I am addicted to the absolutely beautiful music. It not only helps you to meditate, but also balances your brain halves and helps memory, which is also important at our age. You can buy the CDs online and they can be directly downloaded onto your computer and telephone. Hope that info is of use. Hugs.

Yesterday was a NFD and I was completely surprised when I could eat only 2/3 of what was on my plate for dinner and it wasn’t that much. My appetite is precipitating and I find I am fine if I have a bite or two if I feel hungry. Actually, “hungry” is not the right word, I rarely feel hunger pangs, I just miss putting something in my mouth, especially when I prepare dinner.
    I have noticed that on FDs I get a very unpleasant feeling of numbness in the tip of my tongue. I am not sure if it has some kind of relation to a stomach problem. Anyone with a similar experience?

@bjanna you are a dear kind soul, thank you. i do pray a lot. and i do try and relax my over stressed tightly wound mind.

well, i am not losing. still. after two months. and doing ADF which is exhausting me. if i told my shrink i was doing this she would freak out and tell me to stop immediately. she told me already dieting further than a minimum than 1500 cals a day would disturb my illness and migraines … but i cannot stand being over weight so i guess that is that. worrysome stuff, eh? they shouldn’t give people pills that make the, fat should they? what its done to me, gaining weight. i cant tell you. talk about ‘a profoundly negative effect’… but i have a feeling i will be ok. i truly do. underneath this fragility is a big strength. i have survived so much and much worse than this bleak period. and here you all are being wonderful. @ebell13 how’s yer tree? ! lol

anyhoo, on we go. i wont keep writing… so i shall love you all and leave you …
    you are a top team and i am so blessed to have found you gals πŸ™‚ my life is shinier to have you in it πŸ™‚

@ebell13 you are so right about water! i am drinking more again. i let it lie when i was in bed for so long. now i need to kick start it. and i am really trying to cut back on the old cocaine (sugar i mean hahahahahaha) too… if i let myself think about it i am sunk! x

@bjanna, I haven’t had the numbness, but I can certainly relate to the reduced appetite, and I have the same temptation – it’s great that I can’t eat the quantities I used to, but the cravings and desire to eat just for the enjoyment of popping something in my mouth while cooking, etc. is still there. Today is a FD for me, and I’m having a hard time with it today because it is getting cold here, and I want comfort food!!

@whyamisoshy, I am dealing with my own white stuff – saw our first snow flakes today πŸ™ Although, that does mean that soon I can…wait for it…light up my tree!!!!!! lol I’ve resisted lighting it up (with the exception of a test during decorating) until there is snow on the ground or December 1st – whichever came first. Looks like it’s the blasted snow. It’s just warm enough that it is melting as it hits the ground though, so I still have to wait. I really hope you are feeling better, and that drinking lots of water will help! Take some solace in the fact that even though you are stuck fighting the battle, the root of it is the meds (which you need), the side effects of which are not your fault. It’s more important to be healthy than thin…hard to remember that sometimes, but it is. You are a lovely person, no matter what <3 HUGS πŸ™‚ By the way, I completely understood what you said the other day about your “m”s…I have them too. Getting smaller, but still “m”s. I’m trying to turn them into lovely close and open brackets… )( lol

Looking forward to a NFD tomorrow, and I’m thrilled to bits that I don’t have to work this Saturday! I have another challenge though…still working on xmas baking and filling up the freezer. I will have to make a point of not popping too many of those cookies in my mouth and making sure they make it safely to the freezer! And of course, I think it’s illegal to bake without a glass of wine, isn’t it? Or at least a rum and egg nog? πŸ˜‰

I hope everyone is having a great day! xoxo

Good Morning ladies,
    @ebell13, wow it’s funny you’re telling us about snow and yet here we had our first real taste of summer yesterday, it got up to 30degC, which google tells me is 86 F. You know, I’m 52 years old and I’ve only ever seen snow twice, and both times it was just little blobs on the side of the road! It’s hard to imagine living with snow all around.
    FD yesterday and weighed in today, only minimal loss, but I’m graphing it on an app and it’s ever so slowly coming down. I must say the FD are not as hard as I thought (yet) and I’ve made enough vegetable soup to get me through my FD’s next week.
    I want to let you all know how much I appreciate this thread. It really helps to know that you’re not on your own, and others have had their ups and downs, and to know how they kept going. So a great big THANK-YOU to everyone!!

Hi girls,
    It’s so nice to hear about snow…In Beijing there is hardly any, maybe once or twice for a day or two, and in Bulgaria we have lovely winter resorts with piles of snow. I am so impatient to go back next July (hopefully at least 10kg less) and have a normal winter again. We’ve been in Beijing for 27 years!!! and I am dreaming of going back and being close to children, grandchildren and friends.
    As the saying goes ” We love to cook with wine and sometimes we put it into our food.” Yesterday my FD went through the chimney, as my husband brought home a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau, the famous French wine that comes out on Nov. 17th, and of course, I couldn’t say “no”. It was delicious! I’ll weigh in on Monday and hope tomorrow’s fast will repair the damage.
    I just finished the last two rice cookies with sesame paste inside (yuammm), and I’m not buying more. No more sweets until Christmas and I’m not baking any. My husband is not into sweets and my grandson, who is living with us and studying here, is on a diet, so if I make something, I’ll end up eating it myself.
    I’ll share my scale results on Monday, happy weekend to you all and keep going!

@ebell13 I am dealing with my own white stuff – saw our first snow flakes today πŸ™ Although, that does mean that soon I can…wait for it…light up my tree!!!!!! lol I’ve resisted lighting it up (with the exception of a test during decorating) until there is snow on the ground or December 1st – whichever came first.

i do love you, you are marvellous. hahahahahha

@bjanna.. beaujolais nouveau….mmm.. i would like some now, please. now.

i wont go into it, but i am about to have 5 operations one after the other and that is not going to help my current bipolar major depressive episode but what i am most upset about it they might put me more more weight gain pills. tonight i am having a chinese food. i fast every other day. i work so hard at this. i have lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks (all of which i lost by the 5th day- so i have lost nothing in 7 weeks) and today, after a morning at the hospital, and being in such pain so so many months… i deserve a treat. i am so hard on myself. they are going to test my hormones too.

@ceebee59 i am so happy you are glad you joined this thread. it really does me good to hear you say that. thank you for being here. we need you as much as you need us you know!

i saw an old man taking photos today walking along the sidewalk, looking at flowers and cars and buildings and i wondered what was going on in his mind, in this life you never know do you. it was outside the hospital maybe he was waiting for his wife or son or friend…

tomorrow and the next day i am doing back to back fasts. my doctor would go absolutely barmy if they knew. i dont understand how i can be the same as i was on the same meds utterly eating twice as many calories. exactly the same circumstances, but eating half as much??????? it seems very distressing.

i support you all and admire you all and think you all rock and will never let you down
    get yer trees ready to go up, girls!

whyamisoshy? x

ps. i love snow. i adore it. i just worry about road accidents and old people slipping in it. but i love it.

pps nobody in the world loves Christmas like me πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

hey
    how is everyone doing???

migraine started.
    face and back of head on fire.

chinese was amazing it was just what i needed.
    so lots of water today.

i am still laughing about the Christmas tree thread that we have going here! I get to go to the UK and put one possibly two large ones there and then come back here to italy and put ours up here WOO HOO say i!

i am doing a double fast. if on monday i have lost nothing for the 32nd week i dont know what i will do.

good luck all and i support you all. we are all winners and we all do our best and we all hae good attitudes. yay!

why x

Hey!

What sort of medication do you use?Get in touch with your doctor! he might find something with less side effects. Im taking mood stabilazing meeds asweel. Currently im using lamotrigin, and its amazing. It has few side effects, and are also weight neutral.
    Ive been using allot of meds due to illness, and it has caused allot of weight gain, and it was almost impossible to diet.

Im a newbie asweel. Im just starting the β€œEvery-Another-Day” fast. I have been doing it for a week, its hard but people have told me it gets better as you get used to fasting. Im happy to get in touch, if you want me to: )

Stay strong, vikki.

Hi everybody,
    I am so happy, this morning the scales showed 1.8kg (4 pounds) down this week, which was quite unexpected. Altogether 4kg (almost 9 pounds) down since four weeks ago, when I began. I believe it is due to the decreased appetite, I have a few bites and am done. I even drank wine last night (my FD) and was worried about the weigh in results, but it was in vain.
    whyamisoshy: Sorry to hear about your migraine. I’ve had four operations so far, not one after the other, but sill four “useless” organs have been removed: tonsils, appendicitis, hysterectomy and gallbladder. When are your operations scheduled? I’ll keep my fingers crossed everything goes fine.
    vikki20: Welcome to the club. Wish you best of luck in the downward climbing, I am doing 4:3, as it’s easier to have fixed days in the week. It does get better with time, I am acually looking forward to my FDs now.

@vikki20 welcome to the thread i started hoping for some buddies to go for this with. and what a fabulous group we have. all wonderfulous!!!!!!!

I have managed to weigh in today .at. the. same. weight. i. was. at. october .2nd.. after doing ADF for all those weeks. its very upsetting i can tell you. stayed the same for 7WEEKS! still. we go on. 7 weeks of ADF. lovely. not a pound. i look better. lost inches. would kinda like a scale budge as i remain a stone overweight. clothes not much different. waist smaller. ‘m’s smaller. arse still size of greenland.

@bjanna i understand re your ops. mine are all over the place. no idea. soon. thank you or your thoughts. special souls we have on here AND WELL DONE for weight loss . i confess to slight envy, but also pleasure for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO GIRL!!!!!!!!! x

WARNING lol !!!!!! following is VERY BORING TO EVERYONE APART FROM @vikki20 AND EVEN BORING FOR VIKKI UNLESS SHE IS BIPOLAR. I AM SHARING COS I WAS ENCOURAGED , but do feel free, no secrets, no shame, i am a lot more than my medical diagnosis! lol ! WHY X

i would love you to be in touch @vikki20 but we cant put email addresses here. i guess they have their reasons. i am only overweight due to meds. i talk to my prescribing shrink about meds every day currently but they are all fat making sedating and hair losing confusing ones to quieten my despair, lamotrigine does next to nothing for me, but cause deep confusion- i put my shoes in the fridge- scary. even with two SSRIs and an AP and a mood stabiliser (all for my migraines but also bipolar 2. coming off them and losing weight is near impossible. and i am so ill with their side effects clear up that i cant do much leaving me more distressed, more depressed and more unable to lose weight. there are no anti seizure mood stabilizing drugs that dont gain weight apart from lamotrigine . they say abilify is weight neutral but its not. it gains on 50% of peeps like crazy and also… the other side effects are horrific. the drugs for bipolar are horrendous, as you know. and if you have it as majorly as it comes (i hope you don’t, honey) its such a gamble. i so wish lamictal worked for me too. . i cant go without SSRIs cos then i try and kill myself. we wanted lithium and lamactil to work for me. but i lost my hair with lithium and gained 56 pounds, and was asleep all the time, and couldnt remember anything… so it didnt work. i have tried so many things. and if i could stay alive with no drugs i would do it without… my shrink says its too dangerous to try. unfortunately i am not well enough for that. its a terrible disease. did you see the stephen fry documentary of the secret lie of the manic depressive. then ten years on, the not so secret life of the manic depressive? on you tube now, both of them . i am sure you did. they are quite interesting. thing is, i have a career, well, sort of, and i lead a double life. and i cant manage often. and need help often. and so i have to stop things. and it hurts. i want to lose weight so much.i would eat even less, but i know it would kill me. i mean psychologically. if i get tired, or weak, or travel, oranything, i am whacked into a deep ine. its such a brutal illness. and one knows it is incurable. because ones shrink tells one. and one knows its always there. like that monkey. she says the is total hope of treating this right, finding the right combo and my being well and functioning fully and more or less being able to forget about it. i have suffered from it all my life but only been trying to treat it after diagnosis 2 years ago. it was wrongly diagnosed as depression 30 years ago.
    i am actually a very chirpy person. when i am well. i have a happy smily disposition and see humour in more or less everything. i just have an illness and a bunch of physical troubles too. i am a high achiever so i get very frustrated. i empathise so much with others my heart hurts! my strength and my humour might see me thru this. God willing. i am so sorry you have it too. are you BP1 or BP2 ?

FOR ALL TO READ xx

god luck for your fasts. i really do believe in this diet. although i have done it in a weird way this is my 8th week and i have lost 8 pounds so…so far so good.

oooh its my million veg soup tonight – yippee. it is so good i cant tell you!

have a great day everyone. group hug. we all have problems. we all face them. we are stronger than them. we are women! we rock! πŸ™‚ i respect us all. why x

my God the rain in bologna, where i was yesterday- i thought the roof was gonna fall in .lol! i kept ducking.
    when in rains or storms in these mediterranean parts- it really goes for it!

makes me think of shakespeare’s THE TEMPEST! x

ahhhahahahahahahahh… has anyone seen the movie, ‘the boss’ with melissa mccarthy… she is SO HILARIOUS… oh i do like her. she is also in ‘the heat’ with sandra bullock and ‘spy’ with jason phwoar latham… no, i didnt get his name right quite, anyhow, god he’s sexy… but she is just such a hoot for if you need your spirits lifting…

why x

ok. the weekend is done.

now. today is a fast dat. yesterday did not go well one way but went well another so i’ll take the good bit please!

my trusty veg soup and…

are we meant to eat sugar on our fast days or not… i have no idea! anyone…
    have good days x

Morning everyone. Feeling guilty for missing FD yesterday. Giving myself a little pep talk…it’s ok, don’t beat yourself up. 5-2 is a WOL. Just because you missed one day doesn’t mean you give up. Just get back up on that horse girl!! Ok, I feel a little better now. How is everyone going?

good for you @ceebee59, you are an example. A* for you! you go, girl. do NOT feel guilt. i am sure it adds calories. i am really sure!

i fasted yesterday. but then had some 3 cookies and 6 squares chocolate and a tea spoon of nutella. so that 350 cals became about 900 probably. i have decided i am just eating generally too much. its the only solution to why i am not losing weight. i don’t count calories and i think i eat more than i think i do. so i am gonna cut right back this week and see what happens. i am also gonna move more. i do not usually eat in the day, tonight we are having chicken stir fry and veg. i slipped. v easy to do. especially when crisis strikes.

off i go to mass! blimey it’s cold in that cathedral! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

have a great fasting week one and all.

ps. does anyone know the difference between fasting and very low calorie eating…
    and are you meant to eat sugar while you are fasting… and if not why not… my pills make one automatically metabolically resistant anyhow!

hi, I am kaves. New to this site. Not so new to fasting.
    Would love to join in this conversation. I just made up a new fasting schedule. Do any of you follow something similar ? Is this too much ?

Monday- 16 hour
    Tuesday- 18 hour
    Wed – 16 hr
    Thu – 16 hr
    Fri – 16 hr
    Sat – 18 hr
    Sun – 16 hr

much love,
    Kav

hi @kaves1412 and welcome to my thread! i am thrilled when new members arrive. you are so very welcome.
    we are a friendly bunch and we all help each other and share as much about other stuff in our lives as well. i started this because i was new to fasting and wanted female company. well, i am not so new now, and though its not linear, i have lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks πŸ™‚

i am now learning to be stricter.

i am not sure how much fasting one is meant to do. i myself tend to do alternate day fasting to get the weight off quicker. i just started that. i was eating far too much cookies and chocolate and cake and chinese before.

good luck! why x

Hey!

Dont you want me to leave ? Im sorry, but im not English, and i actually didnt understand. I am not bipolar, but im using mood meds.

Am I too late to join this? I have just come to the realisation I need to do something and am really taken by the fasting idea. Aiming to lose 28lb and am based in the UK. Sorry if my post is way too late! Thank you

Hi! I just started 5:2 yesterday and found the 500 calorie restriction not as daunting as I thought! I’m scheduling my fast days on days when I work full-time. Had a headache later in the night on my first fast day, but went to bed early. I think the trick is “Oh, I can eat tomorrow”….

Hi! I’ll join you!

@vikki20 of course not. stay! we all want you here. i just wish i could delete my post now. i felt like you wanted me to open up and for once i did!

@irl24 welcome indeed! how wonderful so many fab new members… couldn’t be better.

@metatauta welcome to you my dear! ” I just started 5:2 yesterday and found the 500 calorie restriction not as daunting as I thought! I’m scheduling my fast days on days when I work full-time. Had a headache later in the night on my first fast day, but went to bed early. I think the trick is β€œOh, I can eat tomorrow”….” is a great post all round! yes and yes!

so, welcome one and all. i am so glad you wanted you wanted to join my thread. we are a lovely bunch. we all want the best for each other. nobody is perfect at the diet, nobody has a perfect life, but we all keep trying and have super good attitudes!

we’ll all get there. thanks guys xx

92 vegetable soup coming right up mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    one of the joys of a fast day xx

Hello fellow intermittent fasters! Noticed that after the fast day, I did not eat as much as I thought I would…..I was going to fast on Monday and Wednesday, since I work f/t those days, but I changed it the latter day to Saturday, this being Thanksgiving week, and Wednesday was going to be a 12 noon to 8pm working day. I just cant imagine fasting on a day with hours like that. Saturday is going to be better, because my hours are 10-7 and Thursday and Friday are big eating days this week, haha. I love the flexibility of changing asting days according to my working schedules. It’s hard not to weigh myself every day, as this has been my habit forever. I lost .6 lbs just this week so far and I’ve only been on the IFD for 3 days!
    Glad to have a chat board to share stats with! I really am hoping to lose 10lbs. by Christmas.

i really wanna share this with you… @metatauta. this is with love and offering you wisdom and insight.
    i needed to lose weight as fast as possible cos i was desperate, psychologically. and so off i went. alternate day fasting. hard work. anyhow, i lost 8 pounds in the first 5 days. and kept it off. and kept it off for 8 weeks and have not lost a pound since then. not even half a pound. i have gone up again then down again then up again then down again but i have never gone below that mark. i am still 12 stone 8 at 5 foot 7. i started at 13 st 2.
    i spoke to the head of the board and he said it is a typical pattern and if i was sticking to the rules to lose what averages out as a pound a week was absolutely bang on and i was due for another ‘drop’ at any time’. well that would be welcome as i am beginning to feel very frustrated.
    many many people get the same results on the 5:2, and i have some challenges others do not have with metabolic reistance beng on certain drugs for migraines and bipolar which are essential, but i feel i will never lose weight again. which is exactly what has happened with every other diet i have ever been on.
    however. we are all different.
    and i have read many times of successful 2nd and 3rd weeks. but it is not linear and i really advice you to read simon’s stuff for beginners. really i do.
    i am sure you will do great. i am just warning you if it does not come off ‘fast enough’ or regularly, don’t worry cos it doesn’t mean its not working.
    you go girl.
    love why x

fast day for me!
    went well.
    well, 700 cals.
    tomorrow prob do the same.

depending on scale read… have a good one x

hi

well…whaddaya know…
    i realize i have been eating far too much
    back to calorie counting for me.
    but, in site of that horrible fact
    and the fact that i cant be left to eat normally without counting (grrrrrr- it my sugar addiction, otherwise i would be fine)

i have FINALLY LOST THAT POUND.

after two months of working for it.
    so now, i step it up, stricter, specially with my meds regime, having to eat at certain time etc, and often failing to do so etc, well, here to losing that half stone before chrsitmas!

so relieved we are finally on the move again. i must make my 500s into proper 500s and my 1500s into proper 1500s. and not chinese take outs.

have a great day all. i been able to do more exercise and more outside wanders, and its really helped EVERYTHING. plus being in such a magnificently beautiful chic elegant city, i am very lucky. so how are you all…

how are your christmas plans (and tress- lol_ coming along?)

why x

So, a pound lost is a pound lost, celebrate! Sooner or later, it’s gotta go down, metabolic resistance or not. Eat less, if you can count calories, count, with me it’s just eating less that matters. I am due to weigh in tomorrow, but have the feeling nothing’s lost, even though I eat very little, but wine stays on at dinnertime and plays havoc with my effort. We’ll see, the scales are ruthless.
    Today the Christmas tree took its central place in the living room. It’s a small tree, perched on a console behind one of the sofas, but I do not have much place for bigger display. It still creates the mood together with the window candelabra (years ago we lived in Sweden for a while and I fell in love with their lighted Christmas windows) and the other decorations around the house. I do miss the snow, though, a Christmas that is not white is not real Christmas. I do rememberback in my childhood, I walked in snow tunnels from the house to the gate, it was so fairy tale like, beautiful, cold and crispy. Magic childhood, why were we in such a hurry to grow up…

what lovely images you paint! how delightful! all these people putting their trees up before the first sunday of advent… i don’t know! i am so tempted each year but i hang on and hang on…

i AM celebrating that pound! giving up sugar is tough as i am an addict. insulin resistance actually does mean you can eat almost nothing and exercise like mad and lose nothing at all. in fact that is a fact. but i cant be that bad as i have lost my target weight of 9 pounds in 9 weeks. woo hoo!
    and not losing anything at all for two months was horrible for me. really awful.

christmas is my favourite time. i utterly cant wait from about september each year. giving. loving being with loved ones. showing you care. cooking. watching films. traditions. church. beautiful memories.i dont have words to tell you all how much i love christmas. there are just not the words. it is indeed magical as @bjanna says. oh and of course, chocolates and sweet treats i wait all year for…

re the wine, if you eat very little, i am not sure drinking is a good idea. in fact if you are trying to lose weight, truly, i would recommend cutting out wine altogether. it just goes against everything you are trying to combat with food and exercise! why do that! self sabotge! me? i love wine. well, i live in italy! i gave it up totally in order to lose this weight. it just ruins the whole thing. all my efforts go well, then bang, ruined . i even gain. in the past this has happened often…. in a few glasses. even a couple a night. or a couple every other day. i just dont lose weight. red wine is loaded with calories. and no wine lover will ever only have one glass. i am a wine lover but i just cant and lose weight if i drink at all for the last 20 years. thats why dieting is hard. one misses things one loves. you might be different. you might be able to drink away and still lose weight. sigh. good for you πŸ™‚ how is it going anyhow with you? how is it going with everyone? i really enjoy your posts @bjanna.

i hope every one is doing well. i love the image of you tunnelling thru snow to get into the house from the gate @bjanna. it sounds delightful. it’s making me warm inside. thank you for adding to my day. thank you dear x

go for it everyone. i so love hearing from you all. keep it up and do pop in to let us all know how you are doing x why x

I will do this with you and I’m in South Fl

@ksblueocean welcome to my thread! we are all lovely. all of us. nobody is not giving and helpful. arms open hug. south florida- how lovely! i am so glad i started this, cos honestly, its really helping people. people come and go all the time.

well my story is this, i lost 8 pounds in the first 5 days, nothing in the next EIGHT WEEKS finally yesterday i lost a pound and today i just felt so much slimmer and had lost another two pounds!

so 11 pounds in 9 weeks- very good.i sort of do a very loose ADF. prob in reality more like a 4, 3… no, i mean a 4,3… no, es,, , ADF but not strictissimo. this has to fit into my life. thats why i do it.

thank goodness i was losing again. i was beginning to think i just couldn’t do it!

love, why x

Today was my first day to “try” to fast… I started at 6am and made it to 3pm. I had to a healthy snack at
    3pm. I want to get back on track… was this day a failure.. shall i try again tomorrow… help!

it was GREAT!!!!! no day is a failure…
    AIM at 500 cals sort of- or 600 if you really can’t- and go for it…
    you’re great. all is well…
    truly xx you rock!

ps. tomorrow eat your normal amount of food

how is everyone?

my fast has gone wrong!
    i say to that… tough!

i did my best with what i had today.
    tomorrow i will do what i did today (700 cals) and it will work out same difference.
    then get it back spot on together day after.

thats how this dance goes. not guilt. no blame. pounds off!

love to you aLL πŸ™‚

Hi I’m cainsey80, 5″4′ 35yrs and 11st11lbs, looking to hit 8st 12lbs. I am totally new to this and hope I can join your group.
    I am a little confused with the fasting: if I get up at 6:30 and only have 500kcals till the following morning at 6:30 is that my days fasting done and the from 7am continue eating as a normal day?
    I appreciate any advice given.

@cainsey80 welcome! you certainly may join and i would welcome you to my group with open arms. everyone is lovely and helpful. we all go thru the same struggles and joys so we share xx

yes. that is exactly perfect. ”if I get up at 6:30 and only have 500.kcals till the following morning at 6:30 is that my days fasting done and the from 7am continue eating as a normal day?” start eating at 0630 if you like, why wait till 7 am! i don’t even know what 0700 looks like!

i can really recommend the threads for beginners on this forum by simcoeluv. i think thats his name. the posts are ace!

see you later xx just do you best. no shame, no guilt, no blame just chin up, best foot forward xx

Thank you whyamisoshy, I have started on a fast day as I want to fast mon-tue-Thursday as these are the days I work till midnight and so will keep my mind off eating…..I hope lol. I have an app called my fitness pal that I’m gonna use to calculate my kcals. Hoping all goes to plan.

I am going to check out those threads now that you were on about πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

they are really very good xx

Good afternoon ladies! Sorry I have been awol for a few days…I’m just so busy this time of year! Also I do some painting on the side (used to do it full time, but the neck and knees were suffering too much), and I am helping my sister finish her basement at the moment, so even evenings are full! Great exercise though πŸ™‚

Looks like everyone is doing well, and we have some more new people in our lovely little group! So glad I stumbled upon it, @whyamisoshy! truly a great bunch.

@whyamisoshy, I am thrilled for you about your recent 3lb loss! So nice to see after a long plateau. I have been very slowly losing, but still losing! I am hoping for 2 lbs next week. I think the true test of my will power will be the next month…so hard not to overindulge in wine and xmas treats! Will do my best though. If I can even make it through xmas without gaining, it will be only the 2nd time ever (1st was 2 months before my wedding when I did no baking at all, and ate practically nothing!). Still very much enjoying my tree πŸ˜‰

I hope everyone has a great week! Chat soon. xoxo

morning,

my fast day went really well, I had a none fast day yesterday and today and tomorrow I am fasting again, I have decided to stick to the same foods for fast days till I get used to doing it, thought that would be easier.

ebell13 you sound very busy not sure I could do all that you’re doing and keep up with this as well….good on you πŸ™‚

xx

well done all xx
    non fast for me today, feel weak from eating little so hot chocolate and plain biccies for now then sausage and sugo pasta for supper xx
    πŸ™‚

Hello Caimaney80,
    Would you be willing to share what food you are eating on fast days. I believe eating the same thing is a good idea for me. Thanks for any help

Hey ksblueocean,

so fast days, the night before i fill my slow cooker with chicken stock to cover food,150g of quark,garlic,courgette noodles 250g pack, 200g chicken breast,2 cups raw spinach and 1 diced green pepper. should come to 498 kcals. leave it go all night then put it in two tubs and take to work. and I only drink green tea and water sometimes hot water as its soo cold.

Good afternoon,

Okay, so since this is such a lovely, supportive group, I’m going to have a little moan, and hope that you all still love me.

This has so far been a reasonably good week, but I’m very quickly running out of will power, and I need a hug! Today is my 3rd and final FD for the week. Every day since Monday, I have worked my full day at my job, and then headed to my sister’s to paint for the rest of the evening, usually having a shower around 11:00 pm…for me, 15 hour days. I’m happy to help, but I’m exhausted.

Even through working such long days, I have managed to stick to my guns, but today I just feel like I have nothing left. At this particular moment, I’m sleep deprived and cold (both of which normally drive me to comfort food), and one of my coworkers has just heated up their lunch which smells so bloody good that I’m salivating πŸ™ I keep telling myself ‘get over it, you silly girl…you can eat tomorrow!’, but my self-pep-talks don’t seem to be cutting it today. I am ill prepared, and have no healthy snacks to grab, so I’m stuck with nothing until dinner time in 4 hours.

If I can get through the rest of today without going completely off the rails, I have promised myself a relaxing evening tomorrow…a tasty dinner, most likely a few large glasses of red, and the best sleep EVER tomorrow night πŸ™‚

I’m going to search my phone for some pictures from the beginning of April, when I was a whopping 60 lbs heavier, and see if that helps me push through the rest of the day! Any other ideas??

Hoping you are all having a lovely day, fasting or not, and stay strong! We can do this!!! <3

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 557 total)

You must be logged in to reply.