Hi! I’m healthyme456, and I’m new here.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Penguinchick 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Good morning all. I’ve just joined the forum. Being on a public site like this is a big step for me, so please feel free to guide me kindly.

I’ve done IF for several years, usually 13-14 hours in the evening and through the night, so it really doesn’t seem like fasting anyway. I had surgery 4 months ago and couldn’t exercise for six weeks. During that time, I guess I was rather depressed, so I ended up sitting around and eating a lot. Once the new habits were set though, they were set and I’ve continued eating too much, too often.

It doesn’t feel good that my clothes are tight, but even more so, it doesn’t feel good that my health feels compromised. I feel healthier and more vibrant and strong when I’m leaner. IF has worked well for me in the past, not only because it helps me be thinner, but because it’s not difficult and I feel stronger and more in control of my own self when I’m doing it, but I’m having trouble starting, so here I am, asking for help and support.

I’m only now reading the book. I did IF previously after reading a lot of Valter Longo’s research, as I was going through chemo. I never got nauseous, which I attribute to IF.

I’m thinking of trying 5:2 initially, with the possible goal of 4:3 once I get over any hurdles I might encounter. I live alone, so I don’t have to worry about cooking for anyone else. I’m in my mid 50s and I’m normally somewhat active most days, but lately it’s kind of all falling apart and I’m not doing as much as normal.

Anyway, I welcome support and guidance, but being on a forum does make me feel vulnerable and open, so please be kind. Sometimes people on forums aren’t so nice. I haven’t seen that here from the lurking I’ve done, but I figured it’s better to just put it out there.

Thank you in advance!

I’m new here today too, I wish you well in your journey and hope that only kindness is offered 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.