Hi from Wales,UK. What's the best calorie counter app? Any other worthwhile apps

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Hi from Wales,UK. What's the best calorie counter app? Any other worthwhile apps

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  MiriamNZ 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi there. Preparing to start the 5:2 diet. Put on just under a stone over xmas break, which I really couldn’t afford to do, considering I was already carrying extra poundage 🙁

Anyhow, I work full time in a job whereby I’m often eating as I’m driving to the next job, so need to ensure I have everything prepared- quick and easy foods that I can have for lunch and snacks if I really need them, to eat on the go.

I’m not one for fancy foods like seared salmon on a bed of wilted spinach, I’m more a meat and 3 veg girl, so I worry that a lot of the recipes I’ve seen in some of the fasting recipe books I really wouldn’t eat… Don’t want to set myself up for a fall

Can anyone recommend any recipe books with ‘normal’ type foods in? lol

Thanks 🙂

Hi Cerid,

I find myfitnesspal very good, the app going on the phone and i pad. It keeps memory of your food eaten so over a few weeks it builds up your food and it gets a lot better and easier to use.
    Just measure your portions you eat and keep to that, it’s all logged in for you.

Good luck

I’m with symba7, my fitness pal is awesome. You can even log in your daily workout’s.

I just started the 5:2 this past Monday. So far, its been going good. I weigh in next Tuesday.

I wish I had just under a stone to lose (which I believe a stone is = to 14 pounds?) I need to lose more than 2 stone’s.

These forum’s are great!!!

Good luck Cerid!

What if someone doesn’t have a smartphone? I don’t want to spend $600 just to get a calorie counter! 🙂

Well I have looked at MyFitnessPal and find it completely unintuitive and impossible to use. How to simply add for instance my (fast) day of 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 apple, some smoked trout, some green beans and a low-fat yogurt and find the total to check my 600 cal fisast day ? Impossible, but that’s all I want. Doesn’t seem able to cope with the fact that the calorie objective is different on a fast or a non fast day. Tired of looking up in the book every time, it can’t be that difficult to achieve surely ?
    Frustrated from Paris

Peterben, I’ve done it the old fashioned way – pen and paper and a calculator, and recorded for a couple of weeks, then just had my own list of things I eat all the time. Calorie King website for cals in food is helpful. Had a quick look at My Fitness pal and it’s not for me either. The old way is tedious for a while, then I just record what I eat on fast days with a running total.
    Merry

Hi Peter, I use tescohealthandwelbeing app. It’s free and adds your cals up for you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus a snack area if you ever need one. After you have registered and downloaded the app, At the top left of your page go to the bit with four small lines and access the site menu. Go to food.
    Never had a problem with it at all and you can add your own home made dishes.

I have just downloaded 5:2 Diet TrackMyFast (it is on Android and Apple), and it is nice an easy to keep a record.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/idukan-diet-tracker/id611193752?mt=8

I have been using MyFitnessPal, but it give me the pip when it tells me off for only waiting 500 calories in day. I know it is a feature for the anorexic, but I still find annoying.

It’s weakness is that it needs you to know how many calories your meal has (it doesn’t have a database of food, just asks you to list the calories.) But it does have a recipe list, so we you have your set of recipes you use on fast days you can add them to the recipes and their calories and then just choose them from the list.
    So I will need to keep on with MyFitnessPal to work out how many calories there is in a meal or a snack.

But on week 3 I find I am settling to a small list of meals/recipes that suit me, so once I have added them it should be easy.

I like that I can have a calendar with diet days shown, that I can list the calories for each meal and see my total for the day. And I can list weight, other measurements, as well as the medical HDL triglycerides etc.

Cheers
    Miriam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.