Here I go…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Grover64 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi

I’m starting my first FD, today. I currently weight almost 27 stones, and in my late 40s and have just been diagnosed as pre-diabetic.

I’ve struggled with my weight since about 20, a trait that has haunted my Mother’s side of the family, however, there’s no getting away from it, I’m greedy. I love food and portion control is a significant issue – bread products in particular.

I have, once before, lost a great deal of weight, only for it to gradually creep back on. I don’t really believe in regret, but if I could turn the clock back now and have a bloody hard word with myself, I would.

The Doc actually suggested this diet to me. I can be very single minded when I want to be, so the prospect of fasting intermittently doesn’t scare me particularly. I’ll do that, it’ll be controlling on the non-fast days that will test me more.

I’m fed up with feeling sorry for myself and living a half-life. It’s certainly impacted on my wife and kids and that needs to stop. I’m lucky that I’m still relatively mobile, but I know that the time to get a proper quality of life and mental well-being is now.

Good luck to you all.

Nick

Hey Nick

How did it go? I completed my first day yesterday and was surprised how much I didn’t miss food. Hope your day goes/went well mate

Cheers Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.