HELP! Yo-Yoed for a YEAR!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• And that needs to change!

Profile:- I’m petite in stature, low activity due to spine problems (do what I can), thyroid problems (medicated), coeliac (avoid gluten) and mid 50s. I have previously visited these forums but have been inactive for some time.

I’ve been actively trying to lose weight since October 2017. In under a year I lost 20lbs doing a mashup of Mediterranean Diet/5:2/Blood Sugar diet. Never going over 1200 calories a day. Then I stalled for about 6 months before losing another 6lbs over another year by incorporating Fast800. I was unable to sustain Fast800 so reverted to calorie counting and not eating over 1200 but mainly sticking to 1000.

I track everything I eat or drink via the MFP app. I weigh my foods to ensure accurate portion control. I favour low carb Mediterranean type foods. Rarely drink alcohol. Don’t smoke.

I’ve lost a firm total of 26lbs and brought my BMI down to 27.9 from a high of 33.2. To achieve a healthy BMI I need to lose another 20lbs. Which given my experience seems an impossible task.

The past 12 months I’ve just yo-yoed the same 4 to 5lbs. Despite all my efforts, its very disheartening to realise I weight exactly the same as this time last year. I just cannot seem to lose weight on 1000 – 1200 calories. On the other hand without my efforts I am quite sure I’d be much heavier than I am!

Anyone else experience this?

Anyone want to buddy up to share support & encouragement?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.