HELP! Not losing weight, only motivation

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! Not losing weight, only motivation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braies 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I fasted from Nov. 1st – Dec. 8th 2014. In these 5 weeks I lost around 5 kilos and I wasn’t hungry at all on fast days. My mind kind of accepted that I would ‘eat again tomorrow’ instead and that was ok.
    On non-fast days I ate A LOT, too much. And not always healthy food. Still dropped in weight.

I gained what I had lost over Christmas but is now back on the 5:2 diet. I consider this diet to be superb to other diets since I would feel very restricted if I would have to diet every day.

Now, I have been 5:2’ing for five weeks, and absolutely nothing has happened. My body is stalling and I feel super super hungry on fast days.
    On non-fast days I enjoy good food, but I don’t feel any need to overeat like last time around and I even eat more healthy. Not losing ANY weight.

I don’t get it, I really don’t.
    I started tracking my calories very carefully on fast days, to make sure I get exactly 500. But I’m so hungry all day long and I’m having a tough time due to hunger and not seeing any results.

Any advice? Should I just stick it out?
    Why is nothing happening when I’m doing a better job now?

Thanks!
    Liv

Hey Liv!

Are you sure you aren’t losing any fat? The scale isn’t always the best indicator of fat loss. Have you taken your measurements?

If nothing has happened at all… hmm, maybe you are still eating too much in your non-fast days? You could try doing a food log for a week or so and calculate how many calories you are having on those days.

I haven’t taken my measurements, I can just tell from the scale and my clothes that nothing is happening compared to last time. Hmm. I will take my measurements tomorrow and keep track from then on!

I tend to get obsessive with restrictions resulting in over eating, so I’m trying to be as natural as possible with this diet, and I would say it’s going pretty well. but maybe I should try a food log for just one week.

I think a log would definitely help.I am using myfitness pal app. Just starting my second ever fast, i did a 36 hr that finished this morning, i found it easier to not eat than to have 500 cals, im hoping to repeat that for the next 36! Today I feel like iv had way too much, but app says 1700

It’s true that non-fast days should be about eating normally.

The problem is that, with huge portions at restaurants and the like, our idea of “normal” is pretty skewed. Learning the actual sizes of a serving of pasta, rice, or a slice of bread (and how many calories are in those) helped me to eat better in general.

Try the food log; it won’t be a waste of time. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.