Help! I've started gaining weight!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help! I've started gaining weight!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I started the 5:2 last February, the first diet I have ever tried. Although I always ate very well I was bone thin for the first 40 years of my life – only 8 stone or so when I am nearly 6′. I am now 58 and giving up smoking and caffeine and generally getting older had driven my weight to nearly 15 stone. Something had to be done! I started the 5:2 and enjoyed feeling in control. I lost weight but could still really enjoy my food on the non fast days. By September I had got down to 13 stone 6 pounds and was looking forward to losing the last stone or so. Then it all started to go wrong. A holiday and Christmas broke my routine and my weight started to fluctuate but since Christmas, although I have religiously stuck to the 500 calories and not eaten more than before on my normal days I have gone up to 13 stone 10. Has this happened to anyone else? Does the effect of the 5:2 wear off?? Help!!

If you lost weight you then should have eaten less than before, not the same. The lighter you get the fewer calories you’ll need.

Don’t fret, just cut down the calories a tad.

Recalculate your TDEE. The less you weigh the less you need to eat. Easier said than done as eating habits are hard to change.

Hi. I want to share my experience with diets I have tried. I was on a diet about 7 months but my doctor said that my body got used to it, threfore, I started gaining weight. You have to shock your body with new routine to lose weight again.

Hi susan and welcome:

I’m afraid your doctor does not know much about diets. As long as you eat less than your TDEE you will continue to lose weight. It is that simple.

Here are some tips that will help you with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.